Freedomverse 52

Discuss Freedom City, Paragons, Wild Cards, or your own campaign settings here.
King Snarf
Paragon
Paragon

Freedomverse 52

Post by King Snarf » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:26 pm

To prove I'm on the cutting edge of two months ago, I present this game. Green Ronin announces the launch of a Freedom City line of comics, and they turn to us, the Atomic Think Tank, to pitch ideas for series. They can be set in Freedom City, Emerald City, or anywhere else in the Freedomverse, they can be past, present or future, or whatever, but they need 54 (because a deck of cards with Jokers has 54 cards). So let's brainstorm!
Arriba Flight es muy macho!

Visit my blog! http://teentemplars.blogspot.com

Visit my author page!

Thakowsaizmu
Zealot
Zealot

Re: Freedomverse 52

Post by Thakowsaizmu » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:58 pm

Cool idea. Hmm... :: is brainstorming ::

[Edit] Something with a new Raven, a legacy thing from the olde one...[/edit]
♀♥♀
百年如石、一點如漆

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Libra » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:31 am

Good luck! :D
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Rule Brittania! Praise the Hoff and the Grin!

Warning!: May cause Thread Drift.

dirkgentry2000
Zealot
Zealot

Post by dirkgentry2000 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:51 pm

wow - awesome idea.
I'll throw out some dead obvious ones

(starting with 2 since I'm guessing the Raven series idea presented above is number 1)

2) Star Knights Adventures! -Cosmic adventure featuring the Star Knight of Earth, Maria Montoya. Backup feature called Tales of the Order presents short stories of other Star Knights throughout the history of the Order.

3) Blackstar - tales of the rogue Star Knight, Blackstar (aka Rojan Lhar), serves as the villainous complement to the cosmic action of Star Knight Adventures. Set against the backdrop of the cosmic side of the Freedomverse, Blackstar would be similar in approach to Lex Luthor: Man of Steel -- an exploration of the motivations of the arch-villain. Although, the rest of the galaxy knows Blackstar as a crazed, power-hungry villain, in his own mind, he tells himself that he's a misunderstood hero who has sacrificed much while trying to do the right thing. He sees Mentor as dangerously arrogant, aloof and disturbingly distant from the concerns of biological beings. He alone realizes that only under the firm control of a flesh and blood being of sufficient will and passion could the Star Knight Order realize its full potential and usher in a new golden age of galactic peace and prosperity. Thwarted at every turn by the Star Knights and their allies, Rojan Lhar roams the galaxy, gathering resources and allies for his master plan

3) The Liberty League - Golden Age action as the Liberty League defend the home front during WW2.

4) Allies of Freedom - Front line action as the Allies of Freedom clash with the Axis super-soldiers.

5) AEGIS Files - similar in concept to DC's Checkmate series, this monthly follows the adventures of the agents of AEGIS as they clash with super-villains and with terrorist organizations such as SHADOW

6) Freedom League - The inevitable big team book. A backup feature called Centurion Memories details the adventures of the Centurion as remembered by his former team-mates and adversaries

King Snarf
Paragon
Paragon

Post by King Snarf » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:25 pm

7) The Freedom Brigade- Out of time, on a world not their own, outnumbered... Can Commander USA and his band survive on Erde, let alone take the fight to the Reich? You bet they can!

Visit my author page!

dirkgentry2000
Zealot
Zealot

Post by dirkgentry2000 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:11 pm

8 ) Emerald City Knights - The ongoing monthly follows the adventures of Princess, Rocky, Xeno and the rest of Sentinels of Emerald City. A back up feature called Emerald City Knaves presents short stories from the POV of some of the super-criminals of Emerald City

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arthur Eld » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:35 am

9) Foreshadow Everyone wishes they could see the future-David Sloane can. Driven by the guilt he feels from an ignored vision of the future, he fights for redemption and justice as Foreshadow, a hero to many and the Mob's greatest foe.

10) Dr. Tomorrow, Guardian of Time Beings from the end of time, the Timekeeper, have empowered Tomas Morgen, a hero from Erde, with the capacity to travel time and space, preventing damages to the timeline. In his timeship, he deals with chronozoids, time storms, and any number of evil time travellers. A backup feature Guardians of Time deals with other brave men and women like Morgen.

11) Eldrich Earth's Master Mage continues his long career of battling supernatural menances and keeping Earth (at times, the entire dimension) safe from mystic malice.

dirkgentry2000
Zealot
Zealot

Post by dirkgentry2000 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:01 am

12) The Atom Family - Follow the adventures of the first family of freeedom in this monthly.
13) The Next-Gen -Freedom's teen super-team is featured in this ongoing monthly
14) Claremont Academy - a companion book to Next-Gen, this book chronicles the action inside the halls of Freedom City's school for gifted youngsters
15) Johnny Rocket - this monthly follows the fast-paced adventures of Freedom City's premier speederster
16) Lady Liberty - covers the adventures of the current LL (Beth Walton-Wright). A backup feature titled Liberty Through the Ages delves into the adventures of previous Lady Liberties
17) Daedalus - follows the monthly adventures of the ancient inventor. A backup feature gives glimpses into Daedalus' adventures throughout time and space.
18) Larceny Inc. - this monthly has a similar tone to Gail Simone's relaunch of Secret Six. It follows the capers of Larceny Inc. as they enrich themselves via, well, larceny, match wits with the superheroes of Freedom City and battle the forces of the Labyrinth

PureMalice
Bystander
Bystander

Post by PureMalice » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:58 pm

19) Doc Prophet, the Man of Marble - Two-fisted, brain-storming pulp-adventures, possibly in sepia.
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

dirkgentry2000
Zealot
Zealot

Post by dirkgentry2000 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:15 pm

Nice work, everyone. we're creeping towards the half-way point!

King Snarf
Paragon
Paragon

Post by King Snarf » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:31 pm

20) Raven: The Cool and Courageous (working title)- A team-up book partnering the Raven with a different hero (or villain!) each month.

Visit my author page!

dirkgentry2000
Zealot
Zealot

Post by dirkgentry2000 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:50 pm

King Snarf wrote:20) Raven: The Cool and Courageous (working title)- A team-up book partnering the Raven with a different hero (or villain!) each month.
Curse you! I've been trying to think of a Brave and the Bold analog title.
Congrats - you beat me to it :)

Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero

Post by Gilliam » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:04 am

21) What If The .... A series of what if stories, what if Captain Thunder was really a super villain or What If Raven's Mother never betrayed Dr Sin or died and so on

22) Fighters for Freedom A series of stories set in the Was of Independence staring Minuteman, Major Clark, Lady Liberty as they battled the British and The Viscountess. You could also have stories set later on in the Civil War as well.

dirkgentry2000
Zealot
Zealot

Post by dirkgentry2000 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:23 am

23) Captain Thunder - follow the adventures of the premier hero of the Freedom League as he battles a host of enemies, including his arch-nemesis, Stratos
24) The Secrets of the Scarab Follow the adventures of Freedom's eternally reincarnating Egyptian psychic

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:30 pm

25) Investigators of the Strange: Not every mystical threat requires the attention of Earth's Master Mage, these are the stories of Thomas Rhymer, Gatekeeper, Koradji, and Seven as they strive to protect mankind from arcane threats.

26)The Freedom Legion: Exploring the world of 2525 with the of best and brightest heroes of the galaxy! From the frost covered world of Biolos VII where the heir of to the Stellar Khanate is building an army to take back his rightful place as ruler to the tropical planet of Telivus II where a starliner has crashed and it’s passengers only have a few days worth of supplies (both food and medical) to hold them over for rescue, and how long do they have before the native predators take interest in them?
Last edited by Tattooedman on Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun