The Crinoverse 3 (Ultima Thule)

Discuss Freedom City, Paragons, Wild Cards, or your own campaign settings here.
Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: The Crinoverse 3 (365 Supers part 5)

Post by Crinos »

Never played it, so go nuts.

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: The Crinoverse 3 (365 Supers part 5)

Post by Kreuzritter »

unfortunately, this freind is currently living in South Korea, and this new version of the board has blocked his IP
Kreuz Control Promotions: over 2800 builds served, and counting...
Crinoverse: Contributions

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: The Crinoverse 3 (Genesis Island Vanguard)

Post by Crinos »

Sorry to hear that, hope your friend gets things sorted out.

Anyways, new team:

Genesis Island Vanguard

Following the formation of the Hero Act, the entirety of the Tomorrow Society was labelled as criminals by the US Government and hunted down. While some members turned themselves in under protest (Such as Frank Meltzer), most of them relocated to Genesis Island, which had just been freed from the yoke of the Red King after the Tomorrow Society uncovered his involvement in the Freshmen Terror incident.

Following the Red Kings fall and the changing of the guard, the primary question was if Genesis Island would be allowed to remain in the UN. However Madam Tomorrow managed to answer that question when it was revealed that not only did they retain all the medical secrets her brother had created, but that she was much more open about sharing them. So Genesis Island is still in the UN, and it also means that they have the right to create their own vanguard team.

The previous Vanguard team (Which was made up of Gene Nation terrorists) was largely driven out and dismantled, and while Holly Meltzer is handling diplomacy fronts with the US, Madame Tomorrow has put together an all new Vanguard team made up of Tomorrow Society mainstays and Gene Nation members who saw the light.

Although they are based in Genesis Island, the Genesis Island Vanguard spends a lot of time in the states, mainly serving as a security force for Holly Meltzer. Some critics have said that the Tomorrow Society is using the Vanguard team to continue operating in the US despite their criminal status, to which Lucien Drake has smiled and responded "So?"

Membership:

Ymir the Radioactive Viking: Naturally, the field leader of the team is none other than Ymir, probably the most popular member of the Tomorrow Society. Ymir, for what its worth, is just glad to be back in the states and able to fight evil directly again. Of course he has to deal with his co team leader...

Hell Rider: Yeah, Good Ol Lucien Drake, the poster child for "People who should not be poster children", is in the Genesis Island Vanguard. His presence is basically a big middle finger to the Hero act and those who enforce it, and Drake loves every last second of it. There is nothing that amuses Drake more than being able to rub in the face of the Tomorrow Societies enemies that he is now free to operate in the states in spite of the Hero Act and how much of a joke it is. Naturally this has made the team a few problems in the past, but this amuses Drake even more. Ymir is constantly butting heads with Lucien to try and keep him under control, but Lucien just butts right back.

Draconis: Tristan Lorne was one of the victims of Freshmen Terror, who gained the power to turn into a dragon. Neurotic and depressed after inadvertently causing the death of his girlfriend, he nevertheless served with the Tomorrow Society and was integral to bringing down the Red King. Now he is in the Vanguard. Tristan has become much more comfortable with his powers since the old days, and is now a more stable, well adjusted individual.

JJ Flash: Another victim of Freshmen Terror, Johnny Beltaine gained fire manipulating powers, and decided to use them to become a super hero, taking the name and likeness of one of Mark Meadows "friends", JJ Flash.

Lance: A former member of PSI, Lance fled Emerald City following the destruction of PSI and was found by Dauntless and Relentless, who invited her to join the Tomorrow Society. Lance is still a bit of an extremist, but has mellowed considerably from when she was in PSI.

Hoodoo Mama: Josephine Herbert is a New Orleans Ace with the power to animate the dead. Foul mouthed and crude, she tried joining the New Warriors during their open casting call but was rejected. She eventually became an outlaw due to the hero act, so fled to Genesis Island, where she was chosen for the Vanguard.

Angst: A former Claremont Academy student turned member of The Tomorrow Society, Angst recently discovered that she is not a human, but actually a pure Gestalt of misery, a "Daughter" of the Blood Red King who formed and broke away from him before she could be instilled with his innate cruelty and hatred of life. Somehow, learning this has put Angst at peace somewhat, and she now has better control of her powers. Angst is in a romantic relationship with Hoodoo Mamma.

Ulti-woman: One of three holdovers from the original Genesis Island Vanguard, Ulti-Woman (Once Ultiteen) was a former Claremont Student who switched sides and joined Gene Nation. Once she discovered he was behind Freshmen Terror (She had believed that it was the act of a radical faction within the group) She was all too happy to help bring him down. She is currently in a romantic relationship with Draconis.

Cyclops: A former Tomorrow Society member turned Gene Nation, Scott Summers thought that Madame Tomorrow wasn't hard enough with Anti Meta forces, so he joined up with Gene Nation, As it turns out he was actually a spy for Madame Tomorrow, and was integral to bringing down The Red King. He now serves as the teams strategist.

Trafalgar Law: A Gene Nation pirate and terrorist, Trafalgar joined up with the Tomorrow Society following the fall of the Red King. Although reluctant to allow Law into their ranks, he quickly proved himself by giving the Vanguard the hearts of over one hundred high ranking Gene Nation agents and operatives. Trafalgar was once a normal human before eating the Op Op fruit, one of the infamous "Devil fruit" which gives super powers at the cost of being able to swim. Hoodoo Mamma has speculated that "Op Op" means "OP as ****" because its so over powered, but considering what Law can do with the power, its not an unfair assessment.

SilvercatMoonpaw
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by SilvercatMoonpaw »

It is nice to see what old characters have been up to.

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arthur Eld »

Yeah, Trafalgar Law! His power is kind of janky, but like a lot of anime powers (the Death Note for one), he's less OP in a setting like the Crinoverse. Heck, even a dead-eye sniper could take him off from far enough away.

And any team with him, Ymir, and Cyclops on it just proves how great the Crinoverse is.

Incidentally, I'm a big fan of X-COM myself, and it'd be fairly easy to transplant the alien races into the Crinoverse whole-cloth.

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Crinos »

Yeah, I'm almost caught up on the one piece anime on Hulu (Just two episodes to go), and I always liked Law's power.

That's really one of the things I love about One Piece: All the super powers are strange as hell: I mean most of the people who are super strong or fast are that way because they are badass normals, and even the devil fruits that do give super powers only a few of them are stock powers (You got Luffy with Elasticity, Eustace Kidd with Magnetism, Urouge with growth powers, and maybe a few of the filler powers.)

Its part of the reason that I relegated so many DF users into being gestalts in the crinoverse, because I think of weird and super specialized powers when I think of Gestalts (I may be wrong to do so, but that's just where my mind goes with them.) But I figured I'd make Law a straight DF user just to cut DF users a break.

BTW, probably going to write up DF now that we have a bit more info on how they work.

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Crinos »

Also, although I intend to have Law and the Genesis Island Vanguard show up in the background of AA, I certainly do not envy the poor soul who tries to stat that guy. I honestly would not know where to even start.

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arthur Eld »

I think I'm slowly getting there. Really, the most basic way is to treat it as Damaging Move Object, and then a big Affliction with Transformed as the result. Its just crazy high ranks and lots of Area.

Although I still don't know how he pulls off that counter shock thing. It fits with his Doctor theme, but it makes no sense with the rest of his powers.

And I agree with you about DF and Gestalt abilities-Gestalts can be either broad or really specialized, just like DFs, and sometimes deal with the 'spirit' of the power, getting into more metaphorical interpretations. Which is always fun to think up as a player.

Yeoman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Yeoman »

Crinos wrote: Cyclops: A former Tomorrow Society member turned Gene Nation, Scott Summers thought that Madame Tomorrow wasn't hard enough with Anti Meta forces, so he joined up with Gene Nation, As it turns out he was actually a spy for Madame Tomorrow, and was integral to bringing down The Red King. He now serves as the teams strategist.
Worth bringing up that Crinoverse Scott is in his late 60's/early 70's.

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arthur Eld »

Ah, but this is the Crinoverse. Plenty of folks still up and running when age should slow them down. The Maestro for one.

Considering that Scott is A: not base-line human and B:lives on the island of super-medicine, he probably looks and acts like a man in his late 30s.

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Crinos »

Arthur Eld wrote:I think I'm slowly getting there. Really, the most basic way is to treat it as Damaging Move Object, and then a big Affliction with Transformed as the result. Its just crazy high ranks and lots of Area.

Although I still don't know how he pulls off that counter shock thing. It fits with his Doctor theme, but it makes no sense with the rest of his powers.
I would just justify it that she creates a small room inside his own body and uses it to amp up the electricity in his body.

Yeoman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Yeoman »

Arthur Eld wrote:Ah, but this is the Crinoverse. Plenty of folks still up and running when age should slow them down. The Maestro for one.

Considering that Scott is A: not base-line human and B:lives on the island of super-medicine, he probably looks and acts like a man in his late 30s.
I know, I was just noting it. I've seen more than one comic with Scott living to over a hundred and still being relatively active.

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Crinos »

I just wanted to include him because of his current role in the new Marvel Universe as the borderline revolutionary type.

Phrozen
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Phrozen »

So it seems that Avengers is pretty much winding down. I come to the time to choose the Foxfire's theme song. I have narrowed it down to three choices:

1)Plowed by Sponge
2)Teenage Frankenstein by Alice Cooper
3)King of Pain by The Police

So, I leave it up to the Crinosverse community to decide.

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: The Crinoverse 3 (Great Bridge 2)

Post by Crinos »

Been a while since I've done one of these books. I got this while I was doing the 365 heroes (And I will be covering the last few that he wrote up probably after this), and I always love the Villains and Vigilantes series, so here we go again.

Great Bridge 2

The League of Lesser Villains: Not so much a team as a loose network of villains who often work together, the League of Lesser villains are a bunch of rookie street level villains who are learning the ins and outs of their powers, and occasionally team up for mutual protection and to pull off heists.

-Entrop: Kakutama Jinzaburo (Jinza for short) was a bright high school student who was tormented by his peers until he became a metaman, gaining the power to manipulate gravity and even create miniature black holes. After leveling his school following rejection by a girl he had a crush on, he became a reclusive super villain and built power armor. He now steals what he needs to get by.

-Haipa: Jinnai Sen was born moving faster than other people; She was born early, she could walk at six months, and could even outrun most adults at a year old. by Sixteen her super powers had emerged, and had become a rebellious teen criminal. She's also Entrope's love interest.

-Hinotama: Yashida Mariko is a descendant of aliens who has the ability to disintigrate matter and use the heat energy to create new material. Ostracized by her peers, she went rogue after a cruel prank by some of her peers. She now uses her powers in extortion schemes.

-The King of Storms: Fuji Rokoru was a young gamer who became a criminal after he gained the metaman ability to control the weather. Fuji is an avid poster on social networking sites, and often telegraphs his future schemes on them.

-Onna Zumo: Chikamatsu Kiyomi was always big for her age, and eventually became a female Sumo wrestler until her male competitors orchestrated a false scandal to get her expelled from Sumo Wrestling. Once she was kicked out of sumo, she became criminal muscle for hire.

-Zeit: Tabuchi Murai is a young psychic who has the power to mentally freeze others, believing he has the power to legitimately control time. He is a born lackey who uses his powers to assist other criminal masterminds and play pranks.

Shin No Senchi: The Shin No Senchi are a quartet of women who specialize in martial arts and weapon use. While lacking powers, they can be quite formidable.

-Hanbo: Harada Tojiko is the new member of the team. A master of stick fighting, she took up martial arts after being attacked on the way home from school. She quickly grew to like fighting and became a total blood knight, she was kicked out of her martial arts school, and joined up with the quartet.

-Kiai: Misawa Riku was groomed to be an Olympic Martial arts masters by her family, but was not interested in it because she didn't see any money in it, so she entered the world of black market martial arts fighting. She is the only of the quartet who doesn't use a weapon.

-Tachi: Soho Yoshike always loved swords and bladed weapons, and she eventually became a top student at her ninja school. She eventually joined up with the Yakuza as an enforcer, however she soon decided being a common criminal was beneath her and cut ties with the Yakuza. Tachi is incredibly arrogant and imperious, considering herself about "common" people. She is also a team leader.

-Yumi: Ochiai Kochiyo was the first recruit by Tachi. An archery master, she creates her own bows and arrows, and is also kind of the moral core of the team.

Hisashi and Miho: A Japanese Bonnie and Clyde, Kada Hisashi was a good looking bad boy who was crippled in a motorcycle accident and agreed to be rebuilt as a military cyborg, he escaped the military and became a criminal, with enhanced Charisma, and vibration manipulating powers, and eventually partnered with Sugai Miho a female super genius and mechanic. The pair are enemies of Gimmick the Gadget Girl.

Chitan: Sayuki Eri was always a bully, and only became worse when one day, when some of her victims decided to gang up on her and get revenge, her meta powers emerged and she turned into a being of living metal. Chitan does not work with others, and most of her accomplices end up in the hospital or worse.

Dorobato: Not a singular creature, Dorobato are a type of undead who rise up when the land they used to live upon is defiled. They are horrible corpse like creatures made of mud, and while bound to their lands, they can be quite dangerous to those who trespass on their domain.

HaRP: An android designed by Raven international, HaRP mark IV is a humanoid android designed for security purposes. She possesses powerful sonic powers and an advanced AI. Unfortunately she was stolen by Doc Otaku, who reprogrammed her as a mechanical bodyguard and assassin.

Inarri: Ihari Inarri is a ghost of a woman who was drowned by angry villagers after she murdered her husband on their wedding night. Her restless, intangible spirit possesses newly married women to attack and seduce others. She now wanders about Japan making trouble.

Kurayami: Yousei Kagayaku was a faerie princess of the Summer Court who became mortal to seek love of a mortal, when that didn't work out she fell in with a vampire who tried to turn her without knowing she was fae. As a result the vampire died, and Yousei was corrupted, gaining the powers of both vampires and Fae but none of the weaknesses.

Kute Sami: Nishimuta Kutsami had the good fortune of getting a hold of a magical backpack made by a bored Chinese mystic which had the power to summon anything the wielder can imagine. Using it, Kute Sami can summon all manner of cartoony weapons and gadgetry. Mad with power, she now uses her powers to extort and bully her classmates. There are also several more of the backpacks out there, one which was confiscated by AEGIS by a guy who used it to make a harem of girlfriends.

Mouretsu: Kyodai Matsuo was an astronaut who was paralyzed during a spaceship crash, who was rebuilt as a cyborg, which also had the side effect of affecting his mind, making him cruel and callous. Eluding AEGIS, he made his was back to Japan and became a criminal.

Toge: Araki Yasuyuki was a normal guy until he was cut by a thorn bush on a camping trip in a mysterious valley. Unknown to him, the valley was a testing ground for the Green Man to test his creations, which turned Araki into a horrible plant monster which poisons anything he touches, a fact he found out when he accidentally killed his girlfriend. Toge now lives in the valley, trying to avoid human contact.

Van R'ok: Ogawa Hiro was a Spartacorp raider who gained an interest in mystic artifacts, pouring a fortune into discovering a mystic amulet in Russia which allowed him to manifest mystical armor, a sword, and wings. With his newfound power he embarked on criminal escapades as Van R'ok.

Yasha: Kadashi Shigeto was a petty thief who had the bad luck of stealing a magic ring which caused him to become possessed by a small army of demons, which destroyed his body and took it over. Yasha can turn into one of four forms depending on what demon is in charge: A martial arts master, a Vampire, a winged demon, and a ninja.