The Crinoverse 3 (Ultima Thule)

Discuss Freedom City, Paragons, Wild Cards, or your own campaign settings here.
Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: The Crinoverse 3 (New Amsterdam Sentinels)

Post by Kreuzritter »

Crinos wrote:lol.

Also, expect a new Sentinels team up tonight.

been almost a month man, we gonna see 'em?
Kreuz Control Promotions: over 2800 builds served, and counting...
Crinoverse: Contributions

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Crinos »

Kreuzritter wrote:
Crinos wrote:lol.

Also, expect a new Sentinels team up tonight.

been almost a month man, we gonna see 'em?
Sorry, I had the team set up, then I decided to go in a different direction, then I got kinda stumped.

I do have some good news though: Next month is april, which will mark the five year anniversary of when I assigned the Crinoverse its multiverse number of 409 (Since I did it in april of 2009).

Wow, what a road its been, anyways since that's as close to a birthday as the Crinoverse is gonna get, I'm gonna start updating a lot more next month.

As for the new Sentinels team, I still need some time to finalize the roster, but I'll try and get the freeport Sentinels up tonight.

Yeoman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Yeoman »

Now I feel old.

Also, I might have to see if there's anything I can do for that. Any suggestions from anyone for anything related to stuff I've done you'd like to see? (Characters, campaigns, rewrites, etc..."

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: The Crinoverse 3 (Freeport Sentinels)

Post by Crinos »

Freeport Sentinels

The Sentinels of Freeport were formed in response to the return of a huge demonic entity known as Aku, who revived from a petrified tree which was on display in the Freeport city museum. Various disparate heroes assembled from beyond time and space to fight this great evil, and afterward they stayed together under the funding of Doc Steele.

However, there is something secret about this team because, according to Captian Chronos, the assembly of this team will destroy the world. Whether or not this is true is suspect, but Chronos has become the teams most persistent foe as a result.

The present roster of the Freeport Sentinels is:

Samurai Jack: A Samurai from ancient Japan, Jack was the one who originally defeated Aku, after a crazy and legendary adventure involving time travel to a distant, Aku ruled future. Jack was brought to the modern world by Captain Chronos to defeat Aku again and prevent this Sentinels team from coming to be, however he failed on his own, and was only able to triumph with the aide of the other Sentinels. Now he's stuck here since he refuses Chronos offer to return him home (Since Chronos lied to him when he said Jack was the only one who could beat Aku, which was not the case). He is the teams de facto leader.

Wreck It Ralph: A video game character brought to life by the nefarious Toy Boy, Ralph was intended to be Toy Boy's bodyguard and enforcer, Ralph had no interest in being a bad guy anymore, and helped bring down Toy Boy. Stuck in the human world, Ralph initially worked as a demolitions worker, but was drawn into the Aku battle and ended up on the Sentinels team.

The Big Guy: The BGY-11 is a giant Government battle robot which has protected the Earth and US for decades, unknown to anyone the BGY is not a robot at all, but a mecha, secretly piloted by a long line of Specially trained pilots. The current pilot is Lieutenant Dwayne Hunter, who drove Big Guy into battle against Aku. As of now, none of his teammates know that Big Guy is anything other than a robot.

Hawkgirl: Shayera Hol is an alien from the planet Thanagar, a race of war like winged warriors who are famous throughout the galaxy for developing Nth metal, an iron variant which can disrupt magic. A Specter of the Lor Republic, Shayera ended up on Earth chasing a perp when she got hit by a zeta beam, and participated in the fight with Aku. Shayera is armed with an Nth Metal mace, which was critical in beating Aku; in the end striking it against Jack's magic sword created a shockwave which utterly and permanently destroyed Aku.

Sersi: One of the Evo-Lutionaries of High Lemuria, Sersi is the older sister to the current Scientist supreme Cyberchidna, and is everything she is not: Beautiful, outgoing, and always the center of attention. Always a free spirit, Sersi left High Lemuria behind shortly after they returned from the A zone, and explored the world. As a result she is much more worldly than most of her people. Sersi is an omega class transmuter, capable of transforming organic and inorganic matter seemingly at will.

Edison Rex: Edison Rex was once one of Freeport's greatest villains, a foe to the local hero Valiant, eventually he managed to finally kill Valiant after discovering and revealing to him he was actually a sleeper agent for an impending alien invasion. After this, Edison decided to actually become a super hero and take up protecting the world in Valiant's place. Rex joined the battle against Aku, and was able to help hold the fiend by producing an energy weapon which could disrupt his body. Pushy and arrogant, few of his teammates like him.

Ashe: Last but definitely not least, Ashe is the ruler of Freljord, a secret European land shrouded in eternal winter. Ashe has left her icy kingdom to search for her daughter Elsa, who has recently gone missing. She had trailed her to Freeport when the trail went cold (After a fashion), and now she has joined the Sentinels to try and help find her. Ashe is armed with a magic bow which fires arrows of ice.

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: The Crinoverse 3 (The Best Man)

Post by Crinos »

What, You ask for new Sentinels then no comment? Well lets keep it up then:

The Best Man

They say that you should never meet your heroes. The idea that the people we idolize, that we put on a pedestal, are ultimately just flawed people like us, and will inevitably let us down.

Of course, those people have never met the Best Man, the hero that actually lives up to the hype.

Davis Seth Jameson, the Best Man, member of the Los Dios Sentinels, wealthy philanthropist, super hero, good Samaritan, gentleman adventurer, all around nice guy. While The Best Man may not be the most powerful or best known super hero, the Best Man is certainly the nicest super hero, a man who will even apologize to bad guys as he hits them with his indestructible cane.

One would expect someone as clean cut and friendly as Best Man would be hiding some inner demons; that in private he would be arrogant, or self righteous, or have some vile personal habits. But this could not be further than the truth; Best Man really is as nice and friendly as he seems. He is unfailingly humble and polite, he doesn't drink or smoke or even eat anything with MSG (But he certainly doesn't begrudge people who do), He is religious, a devout protestant, but he's not self righteous or judgmental. He is, in a word, perfect.

Best Man's charity work is well known; When not fighting crime or aiding the Sentinels he can often be found working at Soup Kitchens and homeless shelters, he works as a phone operator at a suicide hotline center, helps out at battered women's shelters, and holds charity events for any cause that comes to him with a sob story.

Best Man has won much popularity from his selfless work; Virtually anyone who knows the best man adores him, and even most of his enemies genuinely like and respect him. Only the most deranged and evil villains hold any hatred in their heart for The Best Man. Even most anti meta groups avoid attacking Best Man for fear of drawing negative attention to themselves, and they constantly search for cracks in his gleaming armor to discredit him (Luke Butler had literally torn his hair out trying to figure out how to discredit the Best Man).

Best Man is a nice guy, but sometimes he can be too much of a nice guy: If the Best Man has one flaw, it may be that he's too trusting and naive, and he can never turn down a call for help from anyone. This has led him to being lured into numerous traps over the years. But so far he has escaped them all.

The source of Best Man's power is, to this day, unknown. Studies by ASTRO labs and the John Smith Society have shown he possesses no meta gene, and magical probing has been equally stumped. As far as anyone can figure, he just has super powers. This makes his claims of divine powers all the more plausible.

Allies of the Best Man: Best Man gets along with just about everyone, but some of his closest allies include:

The Los Dios Sentinels: The Best Man serves proudly in the Sentinels, and works dutifully with his teammates, although most of them find him insufferably corny, they all deeply admire him.

Inspector Reinhardt: The Best Man has worked extensively with the Los Dios Police department, in particular with their famous technopathic Inspector. Reinhardt finds The Best Man insufferable and tedious, but the Best Man seems to ignore Reinhardt's constant annoyance with him, and the two make an excellent team.

Winged Victory: A prominent Los Dios Sentinels heroine, Winged Victory is a champion of women who has opened numerous womens shelter and self defense schools across the country. Although a controversial figure in the super heroic world, Best Man has helped her and her shelters out on numerous occasions. Winged Victory appreciates the help (Even if she finds he can sometimes be a bit too....overzealous) and the two have fought evil several times as well. Winged Victory is a member of the hero team the Honor Guard.

The Tomorrow Society: The Best Man is also an unapologetic friend to the Tomorrow Society, giving them support and funding whenever he can. Doing this is probably the closest The Best Man has ever come to controversy. He is also close personal friends with Holly Meltzer and her team.

Anyways, next time we look at The Best Man's rogues gallery.

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Somehow he manages to stay that good. And we all love him for it. :D
Impeach the peach!

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Kreuzritter »

well, I'm sure Aku's death is one for the "this time for sure!" pile, but otherwise, the team looks good. interesting lineup, and blue team is almost certainly going to be invited by Durga's godmother to attend one of her infamous house parties

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Kreuzritter wrote:well, I'm sure Aku's death is one for the "this time for sure!" pile, but otherwise, the team looks good. interesting lineup, and blue team is almost certainly going to be invited by Durga's godmother to attend one of her infamous house parties
And hilarity thus ensues.
Impeach the peach!

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arthur Eld »

The thought of The Best Man-world's biggest boy scout, Inspector Reinhardt, smug son of a bitch, and Reinhardt's new partner in the LDPD, Sista Spooky, foul mouthed and politically incorrect, all working together puts a big smile on my face.

Yeoman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Yeoman »

EnigmaticOne wrote:Somehow he manages to stay that good. And we all love him for it. :D
Megan: I was... impressed.

SilvercatMoonpaw
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by SilvercatMoonpaw »

Sk is probably skeeved out by Best's attitude the same way she's skeeved out by Insekt: there's selflessness, and then there's non-self-ness and she's not sure where the line is.

Insekt wants to be him, only moreso.

Yeoman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Yeoman »

I may end up doing another relook at Cybertron, but outside of Megatron being turned into Galvatron, and having finally figured out how to bring Ultra Magnus closer to his IDW personality (surprisingly easy given recent revelations), which brings a good way for Sentinel to end up frimly in charge of teh planet, I'm not sure what else to add.

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Crinos »

I haven't decided all that I'm gonna do, but I do have some ideas:

*Sentinels week, an in depth look at the Emerald City Sentinels and their individual rogues galleries.
*An update on the Freedom League Since Raven has retired and Lady Liberty has returned from the parallel reality, with two new teammates from the other universe she was trapped in. (Spoilers: Its Eren and Mikasa).
*Speaking of Raven, now that Callie Summers has retired, I think its as good a time as any to do the "Batman Inc." thing and have "Raven Inc."
*In depth looks at some of the less touched upon secret lands in the Crinoverse, namely Utopia, The Aerie, and introducing a new one: The Freljord (Think Irrisen, except less Baba Yaga, and the natives are actually cool with it being winter all the time.)
*Once I get caught up on their (Now sadly cancelled) comics, a look at Green Team and the Movement.

Anything else folk would like to see?

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Kreuzritter »

The Celestial Dragon Kings, aka "the guys who were too great a set of assholes even for high lemuria"?

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Crinos »

It shall be penciled in.

Also, on rpg.net, there is a "What if the Marvel and DC universes merged" thread, with several interesting ideas. One of them being that Marvel Hercules is the father of Wonder Woman (And that the relationship between Herc and Hippolyta was like it was in the Marvel U, with the two breaking up because Herc was an idiot.)

So yeah, think we're gonna go with that one.