The Crinoverse 3 (Ultima Thule)

Discuss Freedom City, Paragons, Wild Cards, or your own campaign settings here.
Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: The Crinoverse 3 (Lucius Cabot)

Post by Kreuzritter »

and added Nix to the infamous article. Girl's undead and loving it
Kreuz Control Promotions: over 2800 builds served, and counting...
Crinoverse: Contributions

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: The Crinoverse 3 (Lucius Cabot)

Post by Kreuzritter »

Batmech

the hero known as Batmech was originaly Mecha Raven, a joint venture between supervillains Toyboy and Doc Otaku, creating giant robot replicas of various heroes, before the plan fell apart and their version of raven turned on them and dragged the bickering duo to the cops, before flying up to the rooftops to find a gargoyle strong enough to perch on safely. de-activated and sent to millenium city to be examined by Dr Isaac Sumdac, who restored the robot to 'life', and after a battery of tests, gave him a clean 'bill of health' approved 'his' release into the world. Dr. Sumdac's daughter Sari (the teen heroine Pretender) suggested the name/theme-change to "Batmech" ("not many bat-themed guys out there."). Batmech has decided to try out for New Warriors to advance human-robot relations, and to gain heroic experience before applying to the Champions.

While on the New Warriors, Batmech quickly made a name for himself, first by casually outing himself as a homorobosexual (gay robot), nearly being destroyed in a calculated supervillain ambush on live tv and recieving a smaller, but no less powerful, new body built with Cybertronian technology, and the first live broadcast of hot manbot-on-burly cyborg computer code-interface action was between himself and Heavy Artillery.

Although the New warriors fell apart only a few episodes later, Batmech remained on cordial terms with most of them (including providing additional Vocals for some of Ali Power's songs), but turned down Champions membership to focus on his work in the robot civil rights movement and raise his newly made son Robintron alongside his partner, the robot super-wrestler Destructor.

When his former teammate Janice O'Donnelly asked, Batmech signed up with the Chicago Avengers to replace founding member Dave "Diesel" Tanner, a mere week before The Invasion. While not part of the two active field teams, Batmech's efforts were no less valiant as he and the other Chicago avengers aided in the defense of Millennium City, even after he got word that Robointron was on disassembly's door following a raid on Claremont Academy. Only when Millenium was secured did Batmech finally get leave to share Robintron's last moments.. only to find Robintron's demise was greatly exaggerated

the boy-bot hadn't just been saved, but given an entirely new body, one built from the same Cybertronian tech and design principles as Batmech's, going so far as to rename himself Hotroddin. But batmech's joy turned to shock at the revelation this miracle required. to save their son, Destructor had to reveal 'his' true identity, one of the many alternate selves of the supervillainess Dollface, and before bricking the Destructor body to prevent its use in tracking her down, Dollface apologized to batmech, that although everything they had was based on lies and deception, she genuinely had come to love him, and promised hotroddin, that every other version of Dollface would still love him as much as she had, now that she'd uploaded her memories of him to their shared emotional server.

Batmech was devastated by this, throwing himself into his work, and personally mentoring Hotroddin as his sidekick, but with his son at his side, Batmech was able to face not only that darkness, but to turn away to accept the dawn of new hope, joinging the Avengers proper when the Emerald and Chicago branches merged, and has re-entered the ay robot dating game. at the time of this writing, batmech is still single, but keeps winding up in relationships with fellow homorobosexual superhero Ghost Robot (who originally only took up the relationship to try and sleep his way onto the Avengers, but has become less of a self-serving tool since then).

Most recently, Batmech was destroyed during Professor Zed's attempt to destroy half the multiverse and conquer the rest, his mind and body hopelessly corrupted on his team's mission to Phyrexia, requiring him to be put down, but, having for seen such possibilities, Batmech's mind is regularly backed up each morning at Avengers Island, and his technical specifications are known to Franky, who rebuilt the automaton avenger good as new

but, as the avengers found out, the other batmech didn't die so easily, his warped consciousness and violent hatred too... pure for Phyrexia to let lie in ruins. they rebuilt him to their foul aesthetics, nurturing his new hatred for anything that failed to meet his twisted code of 'justice' or the laws of Phyrexia. baptized again in Phyrexian oils, redesigned as one of Elesh Norn's enforcers of Unity , this perversion of all batmech was, is and stands for was given his new name: Kra-xi-Stiv, the Knightsend

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: The Crinoverse 3 (Burning Protectorate)

Post by Crinos »

Burning Protectorate revisited

Okay, a while ago, I mentioned that the Battle Czar invaded the Burning Protectorate, deposed the Czar, stuck him in a breeder reactor underneath his palace, and is now running the nation himself.

That was about two years ago. So how much has stuff changed since then.

Well, as it turns out the Protectorate is now a much nicer place to live: Battle Czar, unlike his counterpart, doesn't actively despise his subjects so he isn't forcing them to live in abject poverty in a ruined radioactive wasteland. Using his extensive Mithran tech, The Battle Czar has cleaned up the environment of the country, rebuilt the cities, and provided free power to everyone in the nation. The power actually comes from the Czar, still imprisoned inside the breeder reactor underneath his palace, so The Protectorate is now, in essence, a modern day Omelas, with the entire nation prospering from the suffering of one man. But that one man is the Czar, so no one really minds.

So yeah, Battle Czar has improved the quality of life for his citizens... with one caveat: The organized genocide of all the deformed mutants created from years of living in nuclear fallout. The Battle Czar recruits any metahumans, but Jokers are hunted down and wiped out. Battle Czar is keeping this quiet for now, since he knows it will cause a massive problem for him if its found out. Aside from this Battle Czar has been working to create a new communist Paradise in the Protectorate.

The Protectorate has numerous metahuman agents and defenders: Foremost of them is Red Winter, the Protectorate's national super team, but there are other metahuman guards to be sure. Queue, the minister of science for the nation, has been experimenting with both the Gamma radiation technology of her predecessor (Samuel Strerns, the Leader), and the Battle Czar's Mithran technology, and thus is always creating new superhumans with them. Ranging from gamma mutants to cyborgs.

Two such cyborgs are the Head of the Burning Protectorate and her number two: Katya Kasanova and Barry Dylan. Katya was a Protectorate spy who tried to defect, was killed by Barry, and revived and turned into a cyborg by ISIS' resident mad scientist Dr. Krieger. Barry was a US spy who was left for dead in the Protectorate and turned into a cyborg as well. They are both formidable foes, and they have numerous super powered agents beneath them.

On the world stage, The Protectorate is seen as the lesser of two evils between them and Thule (Although people may not feel the same if they knew about the Protectorate's current Genocide), and are rivals to Thule. The Protectorate is also foes to Ruritania, and The Protectorate is currently engaged in a Cold War with America (So the guys Archer and ISIS are always fighting? The Protectorate.)

One final note, following an invitation by the Battle Czar, the wilderness of the Burning Protectorate is now the home to the Crone. What Battle Czar is thinking associating with such a dangerous character, and what they have planned, is anyone's guess.

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: The Crinoverse 3 (Celestial Dragons)

Post by Crinos »

Alright, Kreuz requested this, so I'm gonna post it:

Celestial Dragons

High Lemuria, home of the high evolutionaries, who are a people of arrogant, war like metahumans. But while they are pretty bad, there are far far worse.

The Celestial Dragons, once the cruel and malicious rulers of High Lemuria, they were eventually banished and exiled by their former masters, scattered across the Annihilation zone, they eventually escaped the Zone, and now they are roaming the universe, spreading havoc and chaos wherever they go.

Even by the standards of the High Lemurians, The Dragons are beyond and imperious. Back in the day, they would wear special helmets and air tanks so they wouldn't have to breath the air of the common folk. They would regularly declare people their slaves and kill anyone who got in their way. Naturally, they no longer practice this, but they aren't afraid to show their weight around when they get the opportunity.

All the Celestial Dragon's are also immensely powerful metahumans, possessing vast powers from the Genesis Baths.

Thankfully most of the Celestial Dragons have died off, but there are a few left, probably a dozen or more. Here are just a few of them:

Thanos: The most feared of all the Dragons, Thanos was a vast and powerful cosmic energy manipulator, who was literally in love with the concept of Death. He was responsible for leading wars against the outer world for no reason than to cause as much death as possible. After escaping the Annihilation Zone, Thanos wandered the universe, eventually learning of the all powerful infinity gems. Luckily he was defeated on Earth before he could use them to destroy all life in the universe. He is now incarcerated in an undisclosed location.

Starfox: Eros is the young brother of Thanos, and actually the only good member of the Celestial Dragons. Starfox actually sided with the Rejects when they rose up against the Dragons, and went into exile of his own accord to keep an eye on Thanos. Starfox has chased Thanos all across the universe. Starfox is a FISS, and also has the ability to control the emotions of others, in particular make them feel love.

Donquixote Donflamingo : One of the first of the Celestial Dragons to return to Earth, Donflamingo went underground, becoming the head of a major crime syndicate and attracting an army of metahumans, gestalts, and other strange characters. Donflamingo's syndicate deals in human trafficking, illegal medical and weapons testing, and black market sales. Donflamingo is powerful in his own right, with the ability to control and manipulate strings to a variety of effects.

Ragyo Kiryuin: The first scientist supreme of High Lemuria, Kiryuin is a FISS who developed a material known as life fibers, a living material which can be weaved into uniforms which can bestow super powers. After escaping the Annihilation Zone, Ragyo set up the Revocs corporation so she could use her super powered clothing to conquer the world. She is also working with the Shadow Academy, to provide their students with enhanced abilities (in exchange for enrolling her daughter as the class president of the Shadow Academy's Japanese branch).

Gamemnae: Not a real high Lemurian, Gamemnae was an Atlantean sorceress who defected to High Lemuria. In addition to being one of the most powerful spellcasters alive, Gamemnae can physically absorb other people to increase her size and power.

Lissandra: Another powerful Witch, Lissandra is a powerful ice manipulating spellcaster. When she escaped from the A zone, she took over a small stretch of land in Norway, which would eventually become the eternally cold Freljord. Lissandra was defeated centuries ago and is still frozen solid beneath the land itself.

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Kreuzritter »

some additional Celestial Dragon Kings

Infinata: the the ruler of an A-Zone world known as Dementia 5, Infinata's mental powers are on par with those of Menton or other such epic-level psionists, seemingly capable of god-like, reality-twisting effects. the reality however, is that Infinata's powers are all merely hyper-realistic mental illusions, which he uses to make his enemies destroy one another, and a secret he guards with miser's avarice

Zeref: the Black Wizard, mightiest of High Lemuria's ancient sorcerors, whose speciality was the black arts, with power over destruction, necromancy and the command of Demon and spawn of the Entropic masters alike. so terrible and wicked that many high lemurians choose to think him nothing but a myth, and those that do make a compelling argument that he was as feared as Thanos is. yet such power draws sycophants, and cults have risen on earth and A-zone alike to bring Zeref back from whatever forgotten corner of reality he calls home or prison Avengers Academy student Erza Scarlet was once slave to one such cult

Grob Gob Glob Grod: the other good Celestial Dragon King, Grob Gob Glob Grod is a four-faced being of mythic, god-like ability, said to have founded the Beginagais, a movement which unified the Chosen and Rejects into High Lemuria's Evo-Lutionaries, and aided by High Lemuria's first known king, The Emancipator (a time-travelling Abe Lincoln, actually) in driving the Celestial Dragons from High Lemuria. Glob is the primary deity in High Lemurian religious parlance, equivalent to God/jesus when named in oaths

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Crinos »

Which I suppose would make The Magic Man a Celestial Dragon as well.

...Seems to fit him.

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Kreuzritter »

close, but no. I've said a few times that Magic Man's the High Lemurian Mask of Nyarlathotep/incarnation of Hastur's King In Yellow

on that note, when afterthought went to castle Lemongrab in BCS, I was tempted to have the King In Yellow appear on the road to the castle, walk up to the gates, stare, then just back away slowly while giving the place a slow clap (the general message being "Oh wow, you guts went ahead and did all the work for me. awesome. but you did such a god job I think I'M being creeped out, so i'll be going, kthxbye.")

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Crinos »

Oh that would have been AWESOME.

Then later, back at Avengers Mansion.

Cecelia: Susan... who is that guy in the yellow robe sitting on the swing set we had set up for River when she was still eight years old?

Cecelia points to the King In Yellow, sitting on the swing this.

Susan: Oh that's the King In Yellow. He's gonna be crashing here for a while. He had kind of a bad day today and needs some time to decompress.

Cecelia:....Should I bring him a grilled cheese or something?

Susan:....That's actually not a terrible idea. Thank you.

Cecelia: He's not gonna eat my face is he?

Susan: No promises.

Phrozen
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Phrozen »

As long as its not a Yellow King.......

Yeoman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Yeoman »

Crinos wrote: Ragyo Kiryuin: The first scientist supreme of High Lemuria, Kiryuin is a FISS who developed a material known as life fibers, a living material which can be weaved into uniforms which can bestow super powers. After escaping the Annihilation Zone, Ragyo set up the Revocs corporation so she could use her super powered clothing to conquer the world. She is also working with the Shadow Academy, to provide their students with enhanced abilities (in exchange for enrolling her daughter as the class president of the Shadow Academy's Japanese branch).
Well. That just destroyed the Shadow Academy and as any kind of mid to long term threat.

Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Charles Phipps »

Awesome Infamous article, Crinos!

Fun filled fact, in my games, Bloody Mary briefly kept Black Wing as her lover/pet for awhile.

I'm fond of Nix too. So great write-up!

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Crinos »

Charles Phipps wrote:Awesome Infamous article, Crinos!

Fun filled fact, in my games, Bloody Mary briefly kept Black Wing as her lover/pet for awhile.

Um, I didn't write the Infamous stuff, I've never actually played that game series Since I haven't owned a Playstation console since 2. That was Kreuzritter.

As for Kiryuin and the Shadow Academy.... yeah you're probably right Yeo, lets just forget that particular part.

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Kreuzritter »

now, if that daughter was Nui...

Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Charles Phipps »

Crinos wrote:
Charles Phipps wrote:Awesome Infamous article, Crinos!

Um, I didn't write the Infamous stuff, I've never actually played that game series Since I haven't owned a Playstation console since 2. That was Kreuzritter.

As for Kiryuin and the Shadow Academy.... yeah you're probably right Yeo, lets just forget that particular part.
Oh, I feel so terribly stupid! I apologize to both you and Kreuz! I was doing a massive re-read of your thread and got a little distracted.

Everythings been great recently.

So, which finger do I cut off in penance?

Yeoman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Yeoman »

Crinos wrote: As for Kiryuin and the Shadow Academy.... yeah you're probably right Yeo, lets just forget that particular part.
It's not necessarily a bad idea, but the SA is supposed to be the perennial academy of evil. And whereever Satsuki ends up, she will literally be running it inside of a few months. While it could work as an awesome arc, it's an arc that pretty much ends with the school gone and at least one major villain completely gone, cause Satstuki Kiruin plays big or stays home.

Which can be fine, it's not like arcs haven't ended, or even started, with big name threats completely gone. It's just something to be aware of and plan for.