Protonik & the rest

Discuss Freedom City, Paragons, Wild Cards, or your own campaign settings here.
witchfire
Zealot
Zealot

Protonik & the rest

Post by witchfire » Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:13 pm

i'm wondering in wich sourcebook the stats & background for the
heroes mentioned in the rulebook (protonik, minotaur , inferna ect)
are ?

could someone point me in the right direction
Some people struggle daily
They struggle with their concience
'Til the end
I have no guilt to haunt me
I feel no wrong intent

mouthymerc
Partisan
Partisan

Re: Protonik & the rest

Post by mouthymerc » Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:18 pm

witchfire wrote:i'm wondering in wich sourcebook the stats & background for the
are ?

Other than the stats given for the archtypes in the core book, there are no other stats for these characters. They are characters from the Meta-4 universe which was created by SuperUnicorn. Whether or not there will be any stats put out in a product for these characters remains to be seen. Word has it the Mister Mystery and, I assume, Lady Hex may show up in the upcoming Noir book.
People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
--George Orwell

Demongg
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Demongg » Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:18 pm

witchfire wrote:i'm wondering in wich sourcebook the stats & background for the
are ?

none...
the Iconics haven't been defined at all yet.

I believe that in the "Gimmick's Gadgets" section you can find a PDF that was released for Protonik long ago which gives his specific stats.

the others haven't been touched.
correct me if I'm wrong.

-kev-

mouthymerc
Partisan
Partisan

Post by mouthymerc » Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:22 pm

Demongg wrote:I believe that in the "Gimmick's Gadgets" section you can find a PDF that was released for Protonik long ago which gives his specific stats.

correct me if I'm wrong.
Forgot about the Teaser from way back when. Also, within Crooks (which was done by SuperUnicorn) are the stats for Neutronik, which can easily be used for Protonik as he is just a mirror image of him.
People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
--George Orwell

Webhead
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Webhead » Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:54 pm

I've had a recent lag in progress, but in another thread I mentioned that I was working up versions of the archetype characters for a campaign of my own. I take what (very) little information I can find on the characters and then toy with the rest. It's turned out well so far.
"You can't stop me! I'm the Fed-Exorcist! I'm like the Magneto of styrofoam!"

The Trapster
Luminary
Luminary

Post by The Trapster » Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:44 pm

mouthymerc wrote:
Demongg wrote:I believe that in the "Gimmick's Gadgets" section you can find a PDF that was released for Protonik long ago which gives his specific stats.

correct me if I'm wrong.
Forgot about the Teaser from way back when. Also, within Crooks (which was done by SuperUnicorn) are the stats for Neutronik, which can easily be used for Protonik as he is just a mirror image of him.
The sketches and playtest stats for two of these characters, Inferna (PL10) and the Pugilist(PL 13)
A man without religion is like a fish without a bicycle.

Dogbiter
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Post by Dogbiter » Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:46 pm

I think it would be cool if in a future super vision article Kenson could throw in a origin/stat block for a few of the iconics. Maybe 1 or 2 per super vision article. Or perhaps when they preveiw the Noir on the website show us Mr. Mystery.

The iconics heroes are all pretty cool and id like to see more about them. Crooks hinted at a few of the iconics origins but I need more.
“My opinions are bland and my mind is soggy.”

The Trapster
Luminary
Luminary

Post by The Trapster » Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:02 pm

Dogbiter wrote:I think it would be cool if in a future super vision article Kenson could throw in a origin/stat block for a few of the iconics. Maybe 1 or 2 per super vision article.
Not going to happen. The Archetype characters are not Freedom City world characters. They belong to Super Unicorn. We have to wait for them to do the Meta-4 Campaign book. NO ONE is working on the Meta-4 Campaign.
Or perhaps when they preveiw the Noir on the website show us Mr. Mystery.
Once again... Super Unicorn. But I hope the Mr. M. will be in NOIR. I don't think he will though.
The iconics heroes are all pretty cool and id like to see more about them. Crooks hinted at a few of the iconics origins but I need more.
Don't hold your breath.

But... if Freedom City can sell out. THen maybe that are looking for a new (Meta-4) Campaign setting to do?
A man without religion is like a fish without a bicycle.

ghostman76
Luminary
Luminary

Post by ghostman76 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:49 am

It's been stated that Mr. Mystery will have official stats in Noir.

I would KILL to have stats on all the members of The Reserve. I think they are a very cool team, and a lot of those archetype's are very cool characters when handled properly. ESPECIALLY The Pugilist. :wink:
"One must first experience pain in order to be able to appreciate it's absence."

Kit
Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Post by Kit » Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:43 am

The Trapster wrote:
Dogbiter wrote:The iconics heroes are all pretty cool and id like to see more about them. Crooks hinted at a few of the iconics origins but I need more.
Don't hold your breath.

But... if Freedom City can sell out. THen maybe that are looking for a new (Meta-4) Campaign setting to do?
The problem of course is that SU badly blew about every M&M deadline and caused the lateness of Cooks! and the Annual. GR has said the only way a second CROOKS! or a Meta-4 book will happen is if SU get it completly done, THEN GR will advertise it. I suspect that's not going to happen
You must be proud, bold, pleasant, resolute,
And now and then stab, as occasion serves.

--Christopher Marlowe, Edward II, Act II, Scene I

Webhead
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Webhead » Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:29 am

ghostman76 wrote:I would KILL to have stats on all the members of The Reserve. I think they are a very cool team, and a lot of those archetype's are very cool characters when handled properly. ESPECIALLY The Pugilist. :wink:
I'm somewhat of a Pugilist fanatic as well. He is the most recent archetype character that I've worked up for my campaign (I'm working on them in the order they appear in the book). It seemed fitting to me that the Pugilist should have a rather tragic origin, so that's what I did. I think it's cool...but then, I may be a little biased. :wink:

ghostman76
Luminary
Luminary

Post by ghostman76 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:37 am

Cool! Why don't you PM what you have Webs, I'd love to read it, and perhaps utilize it in my own campaign. :)
"One must first experience pain in order to be able to appreciate it's absence."

Webhead
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Webhead » Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:57 am

ghostman76 wrote:Cool! Why don't you PM what you have Webs, I'd love to read it, and perhaps utilize it in my own campaign. :)
No problem. I'll try to remember to send it to you when I get home.

MDSnowman
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by MDSnowman » Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:08 pm

Webhead wrote:
ghostman76 wrote:Cool! Why don't you PM what you have Webs, I'd love to read it, and perhaps utilize it in my own campaign. :)
No problem. I'll try to remember to send it to you when I get home.
Me as well, I'd love to see what you came up with.

witchfire
Zealot
Zealot

Post by witchfire » Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:55 am

well i guess i'll just have to use neutronik's stats for protonik then
Some people struggle daily
They struggle with their concience
'Til the end
I have no guilt to haunt me
I feel no wrong intent