Silent Oath - Sequel to my first novel

Discuss anything vaguely M&M related here, such as comics, movies, and action figures.
Wordmaker
Mastermind
Mastermind

Silent Oath - Sequel to my first novel

Post by Wordmaker » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:47 am

With the title finalised, I am thrilled to be able to say that Silent Oath, the sequel to my debut novel Locked Within, will be released later this year.

In Silent Oath, Nathan Shepherd continues his fight against the Council of Chains, joined by old friends and new allies. When an enemy from his past emerges at the center of his latest investigation, Nathan must decide whether to trust a woman who may be tied to his previous incarnations.

saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Re: Silent Oath - Sequel to my first novel

Post by saint_matthew » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:01 am

so not a super hero novel then?
“Anti-Intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge’.”
-Isaac Asimov

Wordmaker
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by Wordmaker » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:16 am

No, solid urban fantasy. I do have a superhero novel in the works, but I likely won't be considering any other projects for publication until after this trilogy is completed.

Wordmaker
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by Wordmaker » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:37 am

My first book, Locked Within, is available for free on Kindle for a limited time. With the sequel, Silent Oath, coming out this year, it's the perfect time to get into the series.

Wordmaker
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by Wordmaker » Tue May 28, 2013 5:59 am

I am thrilled to reveal that Silent Oath will be released on Tuesday, the 8th of October!

Wordmaker
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by Wordmaker » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:23 am

I've created a Facebook page for official announcements and details about Silent Oath.

Beleriphon
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Beleriphon » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:22 pm

Any idea why it doesn't seem to be available in Canada?

Wordmaker
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by Wordmaker » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:31 pm

The book or the Facebook page?

Beleriphon
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Beleriphon » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:26 am

Wordmaker wrote:The book or the Facebook page?
Sorry, the book. I've checked with most major book retailers and none of the carry of either of your books.

Wordmaker
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by Wordmaker » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:38 am

Well Silent Oath isn't out until October 8th. It doesn't even have an ISBN yet so you won't be able to pre-order it for a while.

As for Locked Within, it's available on Amazon.ca and distributed wholesale through Ingram Books, so any bookseller should be able to order it in.

The difficulty with getting shelfspace in bookstores is that unless a particular title or author is already well-established, it can be quite hard getting a store to devote space to it. In most cases, a bookstore won't start keeping a steady supply on hand unless a large amount of people place orders.

If you give me the names of some stores, I can see if my publisher or I can get in touch with them and ask them to stock it, but in all honesty, the people in the best position to get books into stores are people like you. People who go into their local stores and ask if they'll stock a particular title.

Beleriphon
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Beleriphon » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:28 am

Wordmaker wrote:Well Silent Oath isn't out until October 8th. It doesn't even have an ISBN yet so you won't be able to pre-order it for a while.

As for Locked Within, it's available on Amazon.ca and distributed wholesale through Ingram Books, so any bookseller should be able to order it in.

The difficulty with getting shelfspace in bookstores is that unless a particular title or author is already well-established, it can be quite hard getting a store to devote space to it. In most cases, a bookstore won't start keeping a steady supply on hand unless a large amount of people place orders.

If you give me the names of some stores, I can see if my publisher or I can get in touch with them and ask them to stock it, but in all honesty, the people in the best position to get books into stores are people like you. People who go into their local stores and ask if they'll stock a particular title.
Well that explains that. Good to know its seems to be an issue with my local book seller rather than it not being available. I've often found that books can be hard to come by do to some rather arcane legal maneuvering from the publishers and distributors here.

Wordmaker
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by Wordmaker » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:18 pm

Really? I wouldn't have thought there'd be any problems with books getting shipped to Canada.

Beleriphon
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Beleriphon » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:52 am

Wordmaker wrote:Really? I wouldn't have thought there'd be any problems with books getting shipped to Canada.
There aren't per se, but there are problems with certain entrench publishers here and what deals they have with other international publishers. So sometimes one can get weird situations where the Canadian distributor/publisher of a book is completely different than the actual publisher since the original one has a deal with the Canadian one to publish all of their books. Its some regulation with Canadian Content from the government and all of the attendant loopholes.

Wordmaker
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by Wordmaker » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:18 am

Sometimes there are similar issues in Ireland. The book-selling industry seems to be the only one where companies appear to take pride in how many suppliers they won't deal with.

Wordmaker
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by Wordmaker » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:56 am

In case anyone's interested in helping out and possibly getting their hands on a free copy of Silent Oath, I'm looking for people to help with promotion for the upcoming release.