Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

character creation tutorial?

Tell us what you think of this site, request features, make suggestions, or let us know what you would have done differently. We'll always listen to what you have to say, and sometimes we'll even change things accordingly!

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League, M&M Line Developer

character creation tutorial?

Postby capt.obvious » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:11 pm

am new to m&m and find creating a character a bit daunting. not a part of a game right ,but wanted to get a grasp of character creation. help.
capt.obvious
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Bladewind » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:33 pm

My suggestion would be to downlaod a character sheet/ generator such as Simpsons or others available on the net. These do the math for you, and allow you to get used to plugging the numbers where you need them (it's also a lot faster for a newbie.)

Then, take the core rulebook and deconstruct the archetypes into these premade sheets. It'll really help with understanding the mechanics of how and why things come together.

You might even consider the new software advertised on the boards, although I haven't tried that one yet myself...
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Elric » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:34 am

Welcome to the boards!

My Roll Call thread has two detailed character creation examples, which should be helpful in learning the character creation system: Minotaur, a powerhouse, and the Martial Artist archetype
3e Builds, 2e Builds, Index of 2e Official Rules Answers & General Resources (includes character creation and fight examples)
Elric
Overlord
Overlord

Return to Suggestion Box