Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Question about the Search feature

Tell us what you think of this site, request features, make suggestions, or let us know what you would have done differently. We'll always listen to what you have to say, and sometimes we'll even change things accordingly!

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League, M&M Line Developer

Question about the Search feature

Postby Animation » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:03 pm

All,

Apologies in advance for using this forum. I don't see a general questions forum for questions about the forum software. If there is one and I overlooked the forum for asking stupid newbie questions, let me know.

My question:

How do I search for a 2 word phrase?

I tried searching for: Hellfire AND Control

Sure enough, I got results that had both terms, but the first 20 results I looked through happened to have both words, but not together.

I then tried searching for: "Hellfire Control"

I got response pages with neither word in it, so I have no idea what that did.

Finally, I simply tried: Hellfire Control

I hoped the lack of an AND would make the search treat it as a literal search including the space, but it works like Hellfire AND Control.

How can I find posts that only have Hellfire Control in them, with Control immediately following Hellfire? I am looking for examples for how people used that power to make characters.

Thanks,

Lewis
Animation
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Barnum » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:45 pm

phpBB2's search function is pretty primitive. About the only way I can find anything is by using Google.

Search for:

hellfire control site:atomicthinktank.com
Barnum
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby JohnMatrix » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:12 pm

Thanks for the info Barnum, was trying to figure how to do text string searches myself.
JohnMatrix
Bystander
Bystander

Return to Suggestion Box