Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Science Fiction

Tell us what you think of this site, request features, make suggestions, or let us know what you would have done differently. We'll always listen to what you have to say, and sometimes we'll even change things accordingly!

Science Fiction

Postby mateodesantafe » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:39 am

I'd like to see a science fiction version of M&M. I just bought the W&W and like it so far.
mateodesantafe
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Mike Taylor » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:15 pm

Right now, you can find plenty of sci-fi stuff in the "Settings" forum as well as in "Roll Call".
(Witty comment coming soon.)
Mike Taylor
Groupie
Groupie

Re: Science Fiction

Postby Captain_Kirk » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:26 am

I'd like to suggest a new "generic" supplement for M&M with the "Sci-Fi/Space Adventures" theme. The name could be "Starships & Spacenauts" or "Stars & Space", and could bring to M&M system new rules for Cosmic Heroes, like Silver Surfer, Adam Strange, Buck Rogers and Green Lantern, and "Space Teams" too.

Other genres could appear in this book, like adventures in far future (Star Trek, Babylon 5, Legion of Super Heroes...), distant galaxies (Star Wars) and much more. Also could have 3 "space organization" for Freedom City Universe, and one "Evil Empire" (like Skrull Empire of Marvel Universe).

A "starhips" chapter could bring new rules for vehicles combat (focused in space), as starship constrution rules and a dozen of starhips templates (based in X-Men's Black Bird, U.S.S. Enterprise, Millenion Falcon and more).

Sorry by my English, I read better than write. I'm a brazilian fan of M&M and Green Ronin.
Captain_Kirk
Bystander
Bystander

Postby mateodesantafe » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:49 am

I too would like to see M&M do some support products for science fiction. Personally, I would like to see them do products like the HERO system does. ie something like Space Hero and then a setting that actually uses the parts of something like Space Hero book for its setting.

M&M is my favorite system to date and I'd like to figure out how to better use it. I don't have the time to develop my own settings or to convert settings and would like to see product support along these lines.
"...as little as possible..." - Jack Nicholson in Chinatown

mateo
mateodesantafe
Bystander
Bystander

Postby FuzzyBoots » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:58 am

Check out Better Mousetrap Games. They have some sourcebooks on science fiction including a book on creation and running of starships.
FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Return to Suggestion Box