Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Forum access issues

Tell us what you think of this site, request features, make suggestions, or let us know what you would have done differently. We'll always listen to what you have to say, and sometimes we'll even change things accordingly!

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League, M&M Line Developer

Forum access issues

Postby roguescribner » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:55 pm

It seems for the past few weeks the forums are experiencing some serious lag time. I don't have any problems with any other web sites I browse, so I'm confident it's a server issue or something on Green Ronin's end. It's really been a problem over the past few days where the forums will take an extremely long time to load, if they load at all.

Is anyone else having this problem? I'm participating in a couple of a pbp games and it's frustrating not being able to check the boards, especially when I can only access the site a couple of times a day.

I thought everything was moved to a new server? Maybe it's time for another upgrade.
GM - Age of Heroes Chapter 2
Sarvak - The Injustice Gang
roguescribner
Paragon
Paragon

Re: Forum access issues

Postby Spence » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:45 pm

Just slow load time for you?

I frequent about 5 different forums, not including ATT, and ATT has been hard down on a daily bases for me.

All the other forums work, but ATT and the other GR forums always seem to be down as in page not found. I am actually surprised I got thorough today.
Spence
Henchman
Henchman

Postby roguescribner » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:10 pm

Yeah, sometimes it loads R-E-A-L slow for me, and sometimes it doesn't connect at all. In the past 24 hours I haven't been able to connect at all.

I really like coming here, but it seems to be an ongoing issue. The more it happens the more I think about finding my M&M fix somewhere else. And if there is no somewhere else, well . . .
roguescribner
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Spence » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:47 pm

And completely inaccessible again, from about 1pm Sun till now......
Spence
Henchman
Henchman

Postby roguescribner » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:23 pm

Grrrr.
roguescribner
Paragon
Paragon

Postby SassyRonin » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:49 pm

We are coming up on the release date of our Dragon Age RPG, a tabletop license of BioWare's latest computer / console RPG. We posted a design journal on GreenRonin.com, and BioWare tweeted about it once. The small subset of their fans interested in checking out our game totally slammed our dedicated web server, making it feel much less dedicated to its job.

We are working on a solution. Sorry for the downtime, but hopefully the interest in this game signals upcoming success for us, and thus the means to keep all our sites running strong.

Thanks!
-EVan
SassyRonin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby 9thDoctor » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:39 pm

Hey, though I surely am disappointed every time I can't come onto the thinktank, I surely wish Green Ronin every success they can manage. After all, they gave us M&M, that excuses a lot. :twisted: :twisted:
St.Louis Blues - GM
X-Freshmen - GM (on Hold)

La Rana - New FORCE Ops (on Hold)
CeeCee - Wild Cards (on Hold)

My Roll Call - The Doctor's Original Builds
The Doctor's Conversions
9thDoctor
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Spence » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:12 pm

SassyRonin wrote:We are coming up on the release date of our Dragon Age RPG, a tabletop license of BioWare's latest computer / console RPG. We posted a design journal on GreenRonin.com, and BioWare tweeted about it once. The small subset of their fans interested in checking out our game totally slammed our dedicated web server, making it feel much less dedicated to its job.

We are working on a solution. Sorry for the downtime, but hopefully the interest in this game signals upcoming success for us, and thus the means to keep all our sites running strong.

Thanks!
-EVan

Well I will never be one to gripe if the company gets too many hits :mrgreen:

It sounds like there will be a lot of interest in the new game.

Thanks for giving us the heads-up
Spence
Henchman
Henchman

Return to Suggestion Box