Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Login Extension.

Tell us what you think of this site, request features, make suggestions, or let us know what you would have done differently. We'll always listen to what you have to say, and sometimes we'll even change things accordingly!

Login Extension.

Postby Waynetech » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:13 am

I've done this about 100 times now, but, I just typed up an interest idea that I've had for a while now and clicked submit. Well, my login timed out and I had to reenter my info to log back on to the server and surprise surprise I lost the (exagerration) Page and a half post that I've been typing up for the past 2 or more hours.

Everything was presented exactly the way I wanted it to be presented and highly doubt i could even replicate the work that I have just acheived and now ive lost it because of the stupid login timeout. Is there any way someone could extend the timing or maybe have the post submit after logging in instead of "return to the previous page" losing the work?

I know if I hit the preview button before i submit the work or even copy the work then i could by default save the work in that sense and paste should this ever happen, but this is a premptive action requiring thinking beforehand, of which I am human and do occasionally forget that this is a reocurring problem. I don't know if I'm the only one whom has experienced this, but it is definately something I, if anyone, would be Extremely grateful for should this remotely be a possibility.

Thanks in advance.

WT
Young Justice GM, Spectrum Corp GM
young Justice OOC
Young Justice IC
Spectrum Corp IC
Waynetech
Collaborator
Collaborator

Re: Login Extension.

Postby Jameson » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:05 am

If you know a post is going to take that long compose it in a word processor program and then copy/past the whole thing when it's complete. You'll never have a timeout issue again :)
Forty six and two are just ahead of me.

Read my M&M product reviews here
Jameson
Luminary
Luminary

Return to Suggestion Box