Hero's Unlimited: The Catsiverse: The Viper Wars

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord

Re: Hero's Unlimited: The Catsiverse: Trolls under the bridge

Post by Neo-Paladin » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:02 pm

Doc

Doc listens to Marissa calmly, his face impassive except for a slight tremble in his whiskers and a twitching of his nose. To most people, these signs would be unreadable, but Marissa has worked with him long enough to notice the ratty equivalent of worry. " Then I reckon we should leave this place in a much worse state than we found it in", he said, his voice determined if a bit shaky.
Notice Check: 26
He also has analytical smell and taste as well as Darkvision.

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Shock » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:59 am

Shock
HP: 2

Chris nodded his agreement. "Yeah. We need to shut em down."

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Aerlwyn » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:03 am

Goliath
HP 2

"So what now Doc, how many are out there and is there anywhere i can get some space to aid you all?" Goliath asks Doc.

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:12 am

Hornet:
HP: 1
catsi563 wrote:As youre floating their thinking of your enxt move, the door slides open with a metalic hiss and a blast of cool air as 3 men in Viper gear rush out of the room all armed with Blaster rifles. "Quickly before they reach the intersection we can ambush them there." One of them yells "Take them alive if possible for Doctor Venglas experiments."

None of them sees you as they turn and rush down the cooridor, behidn them the doors proceeds to close.
Knowing that it'd be difficult to break into the hidden lab later and trusting in the others to deal with those chuckle-heads, Hornet zipped through the closing opening and into the lab. But he wouldn't go without throwing a bone to the others and he quickly activated his communicator. "Heads up gang, you've got some scaley company on the way."
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by catsi563 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:48 pm

Hornet

Slipping into the control room reveals the sterile environment and closed quarters of a small space shared by up to 5 people at a time. A fairly typical Viper set up, very utilitarian with minimal comfort and lots of viper imagery, as if its agents needed constant reminders of who they work for.

The room is a typical set up, a semi rectangular shape with a wall of view screens and a control desk in front of it. The view screens show various scenes from the tunnels of the Trolls including a scene of carnage that looks right out of a sci fi movie thats a cross between, Lake Placid and Spartacus. On the screen an enormous Troll visibly mutated beyond even the Godvords youve fought, bulging with muscles is facing off against a humanoid aligator in a primal contest that is leaving both combatants in rough shape.

On another screen you see a camera showing Kris Majax and Green Lantern moving along a corridor that appears to be near the arena area. Theyre accompanied by a woman in odd martial arts looking clothes who even on the HD vid screen moves with a pantherish grace, adn a small green skinned humanoid with flared pointy ears and a large pointed nose who gestures around on the screen.

Also you see a third screen which now dominates the central screen whihc shows the 3 viper agents setting up their ambush as your teamates make their cautious approach to the T intersection.

In front of the screens 2 viper agents sit their pushing controls. One of them turns to the other and says "Bet you 100 that the red head drops first."

The other one retorts "Ok your on, 100 that the Rat drops first."

"Show me the cash." the first one replies evenly holding a wad of greenbacks. The second one puts his own cahs in the pile and adjusts the screen for a better view of the pending ambush.

easy sneak in, and a quick view around the room. for now your hidden as theyre watching the show and no one else is about. Youll need another stealth check to perform any actions within the room but for the moment your safe.
Goliath, Shock, Doc, Marissa

As the four of you progress down the hallway, your naturaly cautious given your in a Viper lab. This caution combined with Hornets warning gives you all the heads up you need to be prepared for when 3 Viper Agents armed with Blaster rifles snap around the corner and prepare to toss concussion grenades into your midst to soften you up.

Ok everyone made their notice checks quite nicely thanks to Hornets waring, which lowers the DC to 15 for you.

So in effect you will get a suprise round on the viper agents as everyone knows where they are and is ready for them.

Initiative rolls now if everyone pleases.

Marissas otice check 22

Marissas Initiative 12
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by catsi563 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:09 pm

Green Lantern, and Kris, and Wanderer

As Gretchen looks longingly at the ring. Ashley smiles the same smile she uses when one of her children asks her for something impossible, the compassion in her heart as strong as her will. "Sorry Gretchen but the Ring chooses its wearer, and it only chooses those who are worthy." She explains with utmost sincerity and no condescension in her voice.

Gretchen looks crestfallen for a moment before smiling a toothy grin "Then Gretchen will try and be worthy one day, so Gretchen will be chosen." Valereaa makes a quiet sound that seems like a snort of derision but before anyone can make a comment she holds up her hand just as The ring pings a warning.

Looking carefuly about the Wanderer gestures for Kris and Ahsley to approach closer to a hole in the wall of the cave that opens out onto a scene from a nightmare. A wide bowl like shape has been converted into a grafitti covered and trash strewn arena out of the twisted mix of Mad Max, and Spartacus. In the middle of the arena Gator is doing battle with an enormous troll far larger and more grotesque then anything prior seen by you.

Gretchen shudders visibly and tries to shrink into the stone wall of the cave as the gruesome and bizzare spectacle unfolds, all the while muttering "Supa troll...bad, very bad...".

The enormous trolls roaring is matched only by Gators enraged roar, which is matched by the exited roars and bellows of an staggering amount of trollkin. In this case a quick head count reveals the arena stacked floor to ceiling with nearly 100 trolls fo varying sizes and skin tones.

And sitting at what could be the head of the arena on a throne made from the crushed remains of a couple of cars. An enormous figure rivialing Gator in size at least it seems that way from your vantage point watches over the proceedings.

As Wanderer looks on Gator finally seems to get the upper hand on the Supatroll who is fighting just as savagely as he is. Lifting the over mutated troll up high over his head Gator brings the Supatroll down and drives its body over his knee with a bone crushing crack that is audible even above the crowd. The supa troll twitches for a few more moments before going still.

For a moment Gator looks like hes about to bite down on the troll and begin tearing off parts of its anatomy when the figure on the throne pushes raises a hand and pushes a button on what looks like a bizzare remote control which causes Gator to roar in pain before backing away.

Standing up the enormous figure stepps into the light as the crowd of Trolls starts up a chorus of one word.

"Atta!!, Atta!!, Atta!!"
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Shock » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:56 pm

Shock
HP: 2

Chris suspected the VIPER agents wouldn't be expecting to be rushed by their supposed prey. So, just before they got to the point where the ambush should be sprung, he gathered himself and surged forward and around the corner. Power crackled over his body and he threw a punch at the first agent he saw.
Initiative roll (1d20 + 10=15)
Melee attack (1d20 + 13=31)
If they're minions, I'll use Takedown attack and head on to the others, taking 10 on the attacks. That's Damage DC 19 bumped to 22 for the Electrical Aura. If he ends up in melee with anyone, the others will be at -8 to fire due to Elusive Target.

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by kenseido » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:57 pm

Kris Majax

Kris looks around the scene for some sign of Sword Breaker. "Gretchen, what is going on?"

What's going on? Someone is about to die! Kris stops a nasty smile from curling his lips.

"They are not about to let him go now."
Notice: 1d20+7=21
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Aerlwyn » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:24 pm

Goliath
Hp 1

Seeing that the Viper agents are about to throw the grenade Goliath attempts to grab the grenade and shield the others if she can find someplace to get some growth in.

Notice check 1d20+8=22
Initiative 1d20+5=20
Trying to save the rest of the group with my action if i can find the right amount of space to grow in.

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by catsi563 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:43 pm

Shock, Goliath, Doc, Marissa

As the three Vipers get ready and round the corner, they're interrupted as with a snap, and crackle of electricity and the smell of Ozone Shock slams into the trio like a lightning bolt and in a flurry of lightning fats punches, kicks, and elbows and knees goes through the trio like a hot knife through butter.

As the first one goes down though the grenade that he was about to toss rolls right into the middle of the group. Goliath makes a dive for it to cover it and protect everyone as an odd ripple covers her body.

Marissa on seing the grenade grabs the Doc and pulls him to the side covering him with her own body.

The Viper agents toughness saves 19, 19, 12 all fail and all drop, nice job. :D

Goliath gets a shot at the grenade.

Hold onto those initiative counts because the actions coming to a head.

The Litterbox

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by catsi563 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:20 pm

kenseido wrote:Kris Majax

Kris looks around the scene for some sign of Sword Breaker. "Gretchen, what is going on?"

What's going on? Someone is about to die! Kris stops a nasty smile from curling his lips.

"They are not about to let him go now."
Notice: 1d20+7=21
Kris, Green Lantern, Wanderer

"Is Atta.." Gretchen shudders visibly as he tries to hide behind GL. Atta make Trolls fight, also make slaves fight. Fight for Attas amusement." he squeaks as a troll jumps into the arena rushes over to Gator and Clubs the humanoid Gator across the back with a Sledge Hammer.

Wanderer snarls at the blatantly dishonorable attack, but before she can act Gator turns around and nearly takes the trolls head off with a vicious swing of his hand. The trolls limp body colides with a bone crunching thud that you can literaly feel through the ground all the way up where you are.

Once more Gator roars in Primal triumph as he looks around for more Prey, the savagery in his eyes visible even in the light of the scattered light sources of the arena.

"Wait what is that collar, and that device?" Green Lantern asks, A question which causes Gretchen to cower and look ashamed.

"Yes I have seen that, it causes him pain." She turns on Gretchen, as he cowers and looks more ashamed "What, have you done Goblin?" she snarls though out of deference to Green Lantern makes no move yet.

Tell us now or By Shen-Long you will come to regret it."

Notice check is suffient to see Atta sitting on his throne with some skanky looking women fawning all over him, and a pair of good sized mutated rottweilers near him.

Also it is good enough to see the Remote near at hand.

The Litterbox

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by kenseido » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:38 pm

Kris Majax

Kris grimaces as his mind conjures images of what Atta and his "women" must do together. Where is all this coming from?

"I don't see Sword Breaker anywhere, but I do see the remote. Maybe with a distraction Wanderer can sneak up and free Gator while I grab the remote. I should be able to handle his pets... and the dogs too."

Nineofspades
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Nineofspades » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:18 pm

Green Lantern
HP 4

Gladiator Pits. Nothing else ever really hit Ashley with disgust quite like a hundred voices screaming for blood as two guys are forced to pummel one another into the dirt. She'd seen it before, on outworld stations or underdeveloped planets. And each time, it made her feel like throwing up.

And there was Atta, sitting big as you please in the center. Ashely saw the contented grin on his face, the casual pleasure he seemed to be deriving from lording over the 'empire' he'd amassed. Inside her gut, the disgust mixed with an anger. This was the guy who'd tormented Gretchen, instilled such a fear in the Goblin, who'd shown the exact kind of spirit it'd take to one day become a lantern. Atta, who'd taken Sword Breaker, and now Gator to.
kenseido wrote:"I don't see Sword Breaker anywhere, but I do see the remote. Maybe with a distraction Wanderer can sneak up and free Gator while I grab the remote. I should be able to handle his pets... and the dogs too."

"I'm not much for stealth" Ashely said through clenched teeth "But I can manage a distraction"

The Lantern Didn't wait for a reply, since she had no interest in allowing this atrocity to keep going a second longer, not if she had anything to say about it. She paused only a moment, to gently push Gretchen away, putting the little Goblin somewhere safe, before flaring up her ring, and dove out through the hole, taking flight as she did.

Swooping over the crowd, She fired a thin beam of light which formed a field around the troll as it battled with Gator. With a gesture, she lifted up the ugly ogre, and flung him right at Atta. Hovering over the arena, The Lantern focused her gaze on the Troll King. "Atta, You Glob of Spit! I come down into these tunnels expecting to fight some great and terrible warrior king, and what do I find sitting on the throne? A Swine faced, slack jawed, bug eyed, foul smelling, cantankerous, puss covered, misshapen Oaf!" The words were said as loud as she could manage, a declaration of war as befitting a solider. Ashley had survived enough drill Sargent to have picked up a trick or to, when it came to laying on the verbal assault. "So Let me tell you whats going to happen now, Atta. First you are going to release Gator here, and my friend, Sword Breaker. Then, you and all your flunkies are going to sit in a Corner and behave yourself till we can figure out a way to scrape all the ugly off your sorry behind and change you back into human beings. Or, if you prefer, you can muster up whatever mass of fatty tissue you call a spine and get your boil covered behind into this arena, so that I can personally hear you beg for my forgiveness after I grind that toxic waste site you call a face into the ground. Or, if you don't like either of those options, you can just sit on your throne like the insufferable blob that you are. In which case, I'll just tear your so-called 'empire' apart and Burn it!"

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by kenseido » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:59 pm

Kris Majax

Kris couldn't be more attracted to Ashley now. The things we'll do with her when this is done...

WHAT?!?

Shaking his head clear, he focuses on his goal. He waits for Atta to move away so he can shimmer over and grab the remote.
Ready action; will use Extra effort to shimmer, grab the remote, and shimmer back when Atta moves away.

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:39 am

Hornet:
HP: 0 (-1 for Extra Effort)

Hornet watched the Viper goons as they made their bet and bit his lip in anger, these were the kind of crooks he couldn't stand and he wasn't going to let them get away with the insult to his teammates.

He fly right up behind the pair and let loose with a pair of stinger blasts right at the sides of their heads as they watch their friends fall to his. "Looks like you both lose."

OOC wrote:Spending that last HP to get Takedown Attack.Stinger Blast Attack: (1d20+10=30), Natural 20 so that's a critical! Toughness DC 30 and that should put them both down.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun