MORE MARVEL R2P PL10-verse: DEVIL DINOSAUR & MOON BOY

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

Re: LEGEND'S R2P PL10-Verse: REBORN (The Crow)

Post by JDRook » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:41 am

legend wrote:
JDRook wrote:Incidentally, not 100% sure what's happening with the Rocket Arrow. How does it work?
The Rocket Arrow knocks you off your feet.
The effect imposes Vulnerable as 1st Degree (presumably getting spun around or narrowly avoiding the rocket to make you an easy target) and Prone as 2nd (as you say, knocking you off your feet). Since they are inflicted Conditions, though, they need to be resisted each turn until successful. So a low-resisting or bad-rolling target could spend several consecutive rounds Vulnerable or Prone.* Now that I've that about it while writing, seems to me the best descriptor to support both of those Conditions would be getting the wind knocked out of you (which ties in nicely with Fortitude-resisting). That would also make this a great build for the classic and oft-maligned Boxing Glove arrow. :D

*Prone would be arguably the weakest Condition of all, let alone 2nd tier, if you could simply use a Move action (or less) and no roll to get over it, so I figure you need to resist first (keep your balance without slipping on oil or succumbing to vertigo or whatever) and then use an action to stand.
Sorry, I can't hear your argument for realism over the sound of my eye beams. :P

My original characters thread (2e)
My League of Legends conversion thread (3e)
My Rules Musings in 3e

legend
Superhero
Superhero

Post by legend » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:37 am

JDRook wrote:
legend wrote:
JDRook wrote:Incidentally, not 100% sure what's happening with the Rocket Arrow. How does it work?
The Rocket Arrow knocks you off your feet.
The effect imposes Vulnerable as 1st Degree (presumably getting spun around or narrowly avoiding the rocket to make you an easy target) and Prone as 2nd (as you say, knocking you off your feet). Since they are inflicted Conditions, though, they need to be resisted each turn until successful. So a low-resisting or bad-rolling target could spend several consecutive rounds Vulnerable or Prone.* Now that I've that about it while writing, seems to me the best descriptor to support both of those Conditions would be getting the wind knocked out of you (which ties in nicely with Fortitude-resisting). That would also make this a great build for the classic and oft-maligned Boxing Glove arrow. :D

*Prone would be arguably the weakest Condition of all, let alone 2nd tier, if you could simply use a Move action (or less) and no roll to get over it, so I figure you need to resist first (keep your balance without slipping on oil or succumbing to vertigo or whatever) and then use an action to stand.
I was thinking I'd like to do away with the Boomerang Arrow & Rocket Arrow altogether. In the comics, it they're arrow attachments. The rocket attachment extends the range of arrows and the boomerang attachment would make them indirect. I was thinking something like this:

Arrow Attachments: Array (3 points) • 4 points
• Boomerang: Enhanced Extra (Indirect 4), Activation (Move) • 3 points
• Rocket: Enhanced Extra (Extended Range 4), Activation (Move) • 1 point

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by catsi563 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:11 am

Incidentally, not 100% sure what's happening with the Rocket Arrow. How does it work?
In the first Hawkeye Mockingbird mini series Hawk and Mock were dumped in a container and had toxic sludge poured on them. Hawk used his remote control to call his sky cycle, and as it hovered overhead he attached a rocket arrowhead to a line and used the rocket head to pull him and Mockingbird out of the tank and up to the sky cycle.

just one example of the rocket arrows use :D
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563

legend
Superhero
Superhero

Post by legend » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:11 pm

catsi563 wrote:Hawk used his remote control to call his sky cycle...
Thanks. I just added Remote Control to his Skymobile by reducing its Strength by 1.

legend
Superhero
Superhero

RAY (Raymond C.Terrill) (PL 10)

Post by legend » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:39 am

STR 1, STA 5, AGL 2, DEX 1, FGT 2, INT 2, AWE 2, PRE 1
Powers:
Energy Form: Enhanced Advantage 6 (Agile Feint, Defensive Roll 3, Evasion, Improved Initiative); Enhanced Skill 3 (Acrobatics +6); Feature 1 (Quick Change); Immunity 10 (Life Support); Senses 6 (Visually Detect Electromagnetic Radiation, Accurate, Acute, Ranged; Direction Sense); Activation (Move Action) • 25 points
Solar Radiation Control: Dynamic Array (30 points), Activation (Move Action) • 51 points
• Blinding Light: Ranged Perception Area (Visual) Affliction 10 (Resisted by Fortitude; Impaired, Disabled, Unaware), Cumulative, Limited to vision, Dynamic • 31 points
• Bend Light: Burst Area Visual Concealment Attack 4, Selective, Dynamic • 2 points
• Energy Absorption: Perception Area (Detect-Dependent) Nullify Heat & Light Effects 10, Broad, Simultaneous, Close, Dynamic • 2 points
• Energy Aura: Damage 7, Reaction, Dynamic • 2 points
• Invisibility: Visual Concealment 4, Dynamic • 2 points
• Light Blast: Ranged Cone Area Damage 10, Dynamic • 2 points
• Light Projection: Environment 10 (Light 2), Dynamic • 2 points
• Light Ray: Ranged Line Area Damage 10, Dynamic • 2 points
• Lightspeed: Flight 14, Movement 1 (Space Travel 1), Dynamic • 2 points
• Re-Energize: Healing 14, Persistent, Restorative, Limited to Self, Dynamic • 2 points
• Solid-Light Constructs: Ranged Create 9, Movable, Accurate 3, Dynamic • 2 points
Advantages: Agile Feint, Defensive Roll 3, Evasion, Extraordinary Effort, Improved Initiative
Skills: Acrobatics 0 (+9), Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+4), Deception 3 (+4), Expertise: Business 2 (+4), Expertise: Computers 3 (+5), Intimidation 3 (+4), Persuasion 3 (+4)
Offenses:
Initiative +6
Solar Radiation Control, Varies, Varies
Unarmed +3, Close, Damage 1
Defenses: Dodge 12, Parry 12, Will 11, Fortitude 9, Toughness 8/5
Power Points: Abilities 32 + Powers 76 + Advantages 1 + Skills 8 + Defenses 33 = 150

JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

Re: LEGEND'S R2P PL10-Verse: The RAY

Post by JDRook » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:25 am

Some I's have all the fun characters. From p4

Iceman - I think you forgot the Activation point break on Transform into Organic Ice, so you have 1p leftover.

The Ice Slide 60' limit reminded me of the old "Spiderman and his Amazing Friends" episode where Spidey and Iceman follow Firestar (who's been kidnapped by a vampire, iirc) by riding on the outside of an airplane that is flying the same route as the private jet Jessica is in. Peter's webs never actually stick to the sky (like they seemed to in the 60s) but Bobby's Ice Slide would just form under him and he'd be off and sliding at 25,000 feet with no apparent bracing. Now I'm not saying you should account for that in the build; I just laughed all the way through that scene and thought I would share.

That said, Limited to 60' may not be appropriate as a Full Flaw. In 2e there was a Drawback for Flight called Low Ceiling that was -1 for 30' high, -2 for 15' and -3 for 5'. Also, since Limited Flight flaws out at the same cost as vanilla Speed, I figure having the ability to clear most residential zone buildings at the same speed should have some cost.

Invisible Woman - Not sure how you would figure out the Volume increase using that Area Extra. After looking at the wikis and crunching the numbers, it's arguably over priced, but the point is it would be playable without being too far above or below her concept level of power.

I was concerned about Reaction in Cushion Fall, but since it's only 6p in a 50p Dynamic Array, she can easily keep it active and still have plenty of juice to run her other powers. What's her Reaction trigger though? Perceiving a faller? That and her "unparalleled sense of compassion" should have her catching innocents, allies and enemies alike. You could probably take off the Area since that trigger could cover multiple fallers, although point-wise it's probably no big deal.

Now does the Life Support Bubble serve kosher or do you need to call ahead? :D Removing the Starvation/Thirst Immunity from LS could save you 4p, which is a little more substantial.

And I assume the Invisible Attack is resisted by Dodge, although a case could be made for Will, since her power is somewhat psionic in nature.

Iron Fist - Augmented Speed has Multiattack 6 but only 5 ranks of Damage to modify. Since AS has only MA 5 under offense and the Athletics skills should be 7 (+10), I assume STR was 4 at some point.

Mind Meld is causing issues. As a Grab-based effect, that means it has an Attack +14, so with Mind Reading 10 it's pushing a PL12.

I'm also only getting Defenses 8 total, so you have 1p leftover.

Iron Man - It's a tricky one. Unlike Hulk, Tony's a much more varied character, so it's hard to get all his toys in.

Radar is either overpriced or underextended. As written it costs 4p and can spot an obvious object (DC0) from 1800' as a routine check. That's not too bad considering his flight and weapons ranges.

Repulsors are 28p, pushing your Weapon Systems Array up to 33p.

Defenses cost 3, not 2. Depending on what you do with Radar, you're either 1p over or under. You could always trim the food out of his Life Support: "The best enviro-scrubbers money can buy and my armor still smells like shwarma!"
Sorry, I can't hear your argument for realism over the sound of my eye beams. :P

My Rules Musings in 3e

JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

Post by JDRook » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:24 pm

Short one for the J's

Jocasta - Computer Integration is probably meant to be Comprehend (Machines) instead of Communication.

Create as a Force Field can be tricky, not to mention a sneaky workaround for defensive PL, although the limits keep this one from being too abusive. It would be very difficult for anyone to break through that AND get a good shot through her armor, but using that field would certainly slow her down, if not pin her down entirely.

Juggernaut - Immunity to entrapment (grabbing, snares, or bonds) is specifically mentioned in the handbook as being 5 ranks, so you could use that and have 5p leftover.

My Rules Musings in 3e

JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

Post by JDRook » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:15 pm

K's on p5

Ka-Zar - Abilities total is over by 2 (so one rank of Ability) and Skills are over by 1/2 (one rank of skill). Trim where appropriate.

If Zabu's STR 5 and STA 6 already include his permanent Growth, he's 8p under and his Fangs & Claws should be Damage 7 total. If Growth adds on, then his F&C Damage would be 9 and he's over PL10.

Karma - surprisingly solid build considering how complex possession can be. Had to read the wiki to pick up that she can control multiple subjects. Mental Comm was a good choice for that.

Strictly speaking the Simultaneous Extra is for Remote Sensing, allowing perception at both your location and the target, as well as counteracting the inherent vulnerable while remote sensing. This power can be used to do the same thing as Remote Sensing using possession subjects as a medium and with multiple targets, so presumably that can be several "overlays" of perception, although there's no inherent vulnerable condition. So Simultaneous should allow seeing through all those layers, although some kind of Sensory Overload Complication could be appropriate with too many subjects.

Karnak - LES on Contortion saves you a whole point. Close Combat: Acrobatics is a typo, although imtriguing as a concept. :)

My Rules Musings in 3e

JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

Post by JDRook » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:23 pm

L's on p5

Lizard - Alter Ego seems like it could easily be a Complication, although it would be a good system for changing intentionally.

Movement costs 8p, not 7. Darned Movement powers!

Seems to me you could combine Bite and Claws easily into one power and save a few points. Maybe even blend in Tail somehow. There's always the AE route, although I like the idea of having all of the attacks available without switching an array: Lizard could attack with a bite and Extra Effort another Standard action for a Tail strike.

For the Reptile Swarm both STR and INT are at 0 so the Abilities total is -16, saving 10p on the Swarm cost. You could lower the rank to make Reptile Control cheaper, but that's a good level, and could easily be stunted to control a crocodile or even some of the smaller dinosaurs.

Longshot - Safe Fall under Master Acrobat is unnecessary. With SM:Acro at +13, Longshot can routinely get a DC23 with his Acro checks. Tumbling lets an acrobat remove 1 Damage rank from a fall for each degree over DC5, which is 4 degrees. Falling is distance rank x2 +4 Damage, so a 30' (rank 0) fall would be completely negated by Longshot's routine Tumbling roll.

Limiting Luck seems a little iffy, and that limit doesn't seem very limiting.

LES on Perception, but even with the limits on the skill and Pre + Post-cog, I'm geting 7p instead of 5. Mind Reading is only 5p, but with +10 Close Attack it breaks PL.

Enhanced Attractive 2 is only 2p.

The Distracting Jet Pack would still cost 4p vs the 2p of the Grappling hoook it replaces.

My Rules Musings in 3e

legend
Superhero
Superhero

Post by legend » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:28 am

JDRook wrote:Iceman - I think you forgot the Activation point break on Transform into Organic Ice, so you have 1p leftover.
Fixed
JDRook wrote:That said, Limited to 60' may not be appropriate as a Full Flaw.
Got rid off the Flaw and, using the extra point from above, reduced Flight to 4
JDRook wrote:Invisible Woman - Now does the Life Support Bubble serve kosher or do you need to call ahead? :D Removing the Starvation/Thirst Immunity from LS could save you 4p, which is a little more substantial.
Change Immunity 10 (Life Support) to Immunity 9 (Disease, Environmental Effects, Poison, Suffocation Effects).
JDRook wrote:And I assume the Invisible Attack is resisted by Dodge, although a case could be made for Will, since her power is somewhat psionic in nature.
It is resisted by Dodge. In MSHRPG, Sue's Invisibility was of the "Physics Type".
JDRook wrote:Iron Fist - Augmented Speed has Multiattack 6 but only 5 ranks of Damage to modify. Since AS has only MA 5 under offense and the Athletics skills should be 7 (+10), I assume STR was 4 at some point.
Yes, Strength was originally 4 and decreased as part of the trimming process. Added Penetrating 1 to Augmented Speed Power to make up for the decrease.
JDRook wrote:Mind Meld is causing issues. As a Grab-based effect, that means it has an Attack +14, so with Mind Reading 10 it's pushing a PL12.
Added Inaccurate 2 to bring him within PL.
JDRook wrote:I'm also only getting Defenses 8 total, so you have 1p leftover.
Used the extra point to add Agile Feint
JDRook wrote:Iron Man - Radar is either overpriced or underextended. As written it costs 4p and can spot an obvious object (DC0) from 1800' as a routine check. That's not too bad considering his flight and weapons ranges.
Radar is actually correct as is. Accurate cost 4 points since its for an entire sense type.
JDRook wrote:Repulsors are 28p, pushing your Weapon Systems Array up to 33p.

Defenses cost 3, not 2. Depending on what you do with Radar, you're either 1p over or under. You could always trim the food out of his Life Support: "The best enviro-scrubbers money can buy and my armor still smells like shwarma!"
Fixed the Repulsors. Change Immunity 10 (Life Support) to Immunity 9 (Disease, Environmental Effects, Poison, Suffocation Effects). This still left me 2 points over. Lower his Intellect by 1 to compensate.

legend
Superhero
Superhero

Post by legend » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:37 am

JDRook wrote:Jocasta - Computer Integration is probably meant to be Comprehend (Machines) instead of Communication.
Fixed
JDRook wrote:Create as a Force Field can be tricky, not to mention a sneaky workaround for defensive PL, although the limits keep this one from being too abusive. It would be very difficult for anyone to break through that AND get a good shot through her armor, but using that field would certainly slow her down, if not pin her down entirely.
Create and PL is a bit of a grey area. I think its okay as unless it is Selective.
JDRook wrote:Juggernaut - Immunity to entrapment (grabbing, snares, or bonds) is specifically mentioned in the handbook as being 5 ranks, so you could use that and have 5p leftover.
The Immunity in the handbook means Immunity 5 (Grabbing), or Immunity 5 (Snares), or Immunity 5 (Bonds) (just don't ask me to describe the difference between a snare and a bond). Just look at the Frictionless power from the Kinetic Powers Power Profile: Immunity 10 (Grabbing, Ensnaring, and Restraining effects).

legend
Superhero
Superhero

Post by legend » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:29 pm

JDRook wrote:Ka-Zar - Abilities total is over by 2 (so one rank of Ability) and Skills are over by 1/2 (one rank of skill). Trim where appropriate.
Decreased Sidekick by 2 ranks (see below). Reduced Expertise: Survival by 1
JDRook wrote:If Zabu's STR 5 and STA 6 already include his permanent Growth, he's 8p under and his Fangs & Claws should be Damage 7 total. If Growth adds on, then his F&C Damage would be 9 and he's over PL10.
Forgot to account for Growth in STR & STA. Fixed. Also decreased DEX by 2 & increased STR by 1.
JDRook wrote:Karnak - LES on Contortion saves you a whole point.
Just upped it by 1.

legend
Superhero
Superhero

Post by legend » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:12 pm

JDRook wrote:Lizard - Alter Ego seems like it could easily be a Complication, although it would be a good system for changing intentionally.

Movement costs 8p, not 7. Darned Movement powers!

Seems to me you could combine Bite and Claws easily into one power and save a few points. Maybe even blend in Tail somehow. There's always the AE route, although I like the idea of having all of the attacks available without switching an array: Lizard could attack with a bite and Extra Effort another Standard action for a Tail strike.
Trashed Alter Ego & combined Bite, Claws, & Tail into an Array. I added Penetrating 2 to claws to bring them to 4 points. With the extra points I made Regeneration Persistent and increased Wall-Crawling to rank 2 (at 2 points per rank mind you).
JDRook wrote:For the Reptile Swarm both STR and INT are at 0 so the Abilities total is -16, saving 10p on the Swarm cost. You could lower the rank to make Reptile Control cheaper, but that's a good level, and could easily be stunted to control a crocodile or even some of the smaller dinosaurs.
I copied the Swarm from Summoning Powers (along with the error). Double checked it and fixed it.
JDRook wrote:Longshot - Safe Fall under Master Acrobat is unnecessary. With SM:Acro at +13, Longshot can routinely get a DC23 with his Acro checks. Tumbling lets an acrobat remove 1 Damage rank from a fall for each degree over DC5, which is 4 degrees. Falling is distance rank x2 +4 Damage, so a 30' (rank 0) fall would be completely negated by Longshot's routine Tumbling roll.
Makes sense. Its gone.
JDRook wrote:Limiting Luck seems a little iffy, and that limit doesn't seem very limiting.
I decided to make it a Quirk instead. Either way, he cannot use his power to prevent an ally from being struck or force an opponent to reroll a resistance check to an ally's effect.
JDRook wrote:LES on Perception, but even with the limits on the skill and Pre + Post-cog, I'm geting 7p instead of 5. Mind Reading is only 5p, but with +10 Close Attack it breaks PL.
Decreased the Enhanced Skill to compensate and reduced Mind Reading by 2 ranks.
JDRook wrote:Enhanced Attractive 2 is only 2p.
Fixed.
JDRook wrote:The Distracting Jet Pack would still cost 4p vs the 2p of the Grappling hoook it replaces.
Flight 2, Distracting it is.

Also, I had 2 extra points so I upped Longshot's Parry & Will.

legend
Superhero
Superhero

GREEN LANTERN (Hal Jordan) (PL 10)

Post by legend » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:53 pm

STR 1, STA 1, AGL 2, DEX 1, FGT 3, INT 1, AWE 2, PRE 2
Powers:
Power Ring: Removable (-19 points) • 78 points
-AI and Database: Feature 2 • 2 points
-Communication: Senses 1 (Communication Link to Central Power Battery) • 1 point
-Flight: Array (14 points) • 15 points
• Flight 7 • 14 points
• Movement 4 (Environmental Adaptation: Zero-G, Space Travel 3) • 1 point
-Force Field: Impervious Protection 10; Immunity 10 (Life Support) • 30 points
-Force Manipulation: Dynamic Array (26 points) • 35 points
• Force Blast: Ranged Damage 13, Dynamic • 27 points
• Force Bubble: Ranged Burst Area Immunity 7 (Environmental Effects, Suffocation Effects), Affects Others Only, Dynamic • 2 points
• Force Constructs: Create 12, Increased Mass, Precise, Dynamic • 2 points
• Lifting: Move Object 13, Dynamic • 2 points
• Mobile Constructs: Create 8, Movable, Dynamic • 2 points
-Scanning Beam: Senses 6 (Analytical Auditory, Chemical, & Visual) • 6 points
-Universal Translator: Comprehend Languages 4 • 8 points
Advantages: Fearless, Teamwork, Ultimate Effort (Will)
Skills: Athletics 3 (+4), Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+5), Deception 2 (+4), Expertise: Law Enforcement 1 (+2), Expertise: Military 1 (+2), Insight 4 (+6), Investigation 3 (+4), Perception 2 (+4), Persuasion 2 (+4), Ranged Combat: Power Ring 6 (+7), Vehicles 2 (+3)
Offenses:
Initiative +2
Power Ring +7. Ranged, Damage 13
Unarmed +2, Close, Damage 5
Defenses: Dodge 9, Parry 8, Will 14, Fortitude 6, Toughness 11/1
Power Points: Abilities 26 + Powers 78 + Advantages 3 + Skills 14 + Defenses 29 = 150

legend
Superhero
Superhero

PLASTIC MAN (Patrick O'Brian) (PL 10)

Post by legend » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:29 am

STR 0, STA 5, AGL 3, DEX 6, FGT 1, INT 0, AWE 2, PRE 1
Powers:
Elastic Body: Elongation 6, Immunity 9 (Environmental Effects, Suffocation Effects, Mind Reading), Impervious Protection 6 • 27 points
Shapeshifting: ; Morph 4, Increased Action (Move), Quirk (same colors) Linked to Variable 3 (physical traits, 15 points plus reallocation of existing physical traits), Move Action • 39 points
Advantages: Fast Grab, Grabbing Finesse, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Luck, Redirect, Taunt
Skills: Close Combat: Unarmed 9 (+10), Deception 9 (+10), Insight 2 (+4), Investigation 4 (+4), Perception 2 (+4), Sleight of Hand 2 (+8)
Offenses:
Initiative +3
Unarmed +10, Close, Damage 0 (Fast Grab)
Defenses: Dodge 9, Parry 9, Will 10, Fortitude 10, Toughness 11
Power Points: Abilities 36 + Powers 66 + Advantages 7 + Skills 14 + Defenses 27 = 150