MORE MARVEL R2P PL10-verse: DEVIL DINOSAUR & MOON BOY

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Locked
legend
Superhero
Superhero
Posts: 2000
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:12 am

BIG BARDA (Barda Free) (PL 10)

Post by legend » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:31 pm

Image
STR 10, STA 12, AGL 8, DEX 2, FGT 8, INT 1, AWE 4, PRE 3
Powers:
Apokoliptian Armor: Enhanced Strength 5, Enhanced Stamina 5, Removable (-4 points) • 16 points
Immortal: Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support), Impervious Toughness 6 • 17 points
Mega Rod: Array (16 points), Easily Removable (-8 points) • 12 points
• Concussive Blast: Ranged Damage 8 • 16 points
• Flight: Flight 5 • 1 point
• Mega Mace: Strength-based Damage 2, Penetrating 12, Improved Critical • 1 point
• Teleport: Teleport 5 • 1 point
• Transwarp Drive: Movement 3 (Space Travel 3) • 1 point
Equipment:
Aero-Disks: Flight 5, Platform • 5 points
Mother Box: Feature 2 (Intelligence); Movement 3 (Space Travel 3), Portal, Alternate Effect (Healing 6) • 15 points
Advantages: Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Assessment, Equipment 4, Great Endurance, Improved Initiative, Interpose, Leadership, Power Attack
Skills: Athletics 4 (+16), Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+10), Expertise: Tactics 4 (+5), Insight 2 (+6), Intimidation 4 (+7), Perception 4 (+8), Ranged Combat: Mega Rod 6 (+8)
Offenses:
Initiative +11
Mega Rod (Concussive Blast) +8, Ranged, Damage 8
Mega Rod (Mega Mace) +8, Close, Damage 12 (Crit 19-20)
Unarmed +10, Close, Damage 10
Defenses: Dodge 8, Parry 8, Will 8, Fortitude 12, Toughness 12
Power Points: Abilities 76 + Powers 45 + Advantages 12 + Skills 13 + Defenses 4 = 150

JDRook
Superhero
Superhero
Posts: 1957
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:44 pm

Re: LEGEND'S R2P PL10-Verse: MOONSTONE, BIG BARDA

Post by JDRook » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:53 pm

The first 5 M's from p6.

Magneto - nothing incorrect, although I notice that everything in the Magnetic Control array is either an Area or Perception attack except for the big Create. That means the +7 for Ranged Combat: Magnetic Control can only apply to trapping targets in what I assume are big twisted hunks of reshaped metal. Of course, he could also apply it to any power stunts off that array as well.

On the other hand, you could also bump the array up to 40p, rank up a few of the powers and add Accurate 2 to the Create while removing 4 rank from Ranged Combat, giving Magneto more power overall but less accuracy with power stunts.

Marvel Girl - on Telepathic Communication, two points:
- Area and Selective are only necessary if she wants to broadcast to lots of people at once. With basic comm, she can contact and maintain connections with individuals as a free action, so she can easily set up a couple dozen connections in a few rounds, depending on how stringent the GM is regarding free actions. With Area at her level, she can literally transmit a message to the entire planet in one round. With Selective she could transmit to everyone, or just mutants, or just women, or only Australia, or everyone but Australia, etc. So I don't know if she really needs that much power, although the points aren't an issue.
- Comprehend 2 allows you to speak and understand any language, but only speak one at a time. Comprehend 3 is necessary to get the "gift of tongues" effect where everyone who "hears" you hears in their native language, or possibly bypasses language centres or however the descriptor works. Comp 3 is also what's used in the Telepathic Translator power in the Mental Profile. Again, not a point issue, just clarifying.

Medusa - Extra Limbs effect includes Improved Grab, so that saves you 1p on Prehensile Hair. Also, I don't think Extra Limbs need Precise since there's nothing that indicates they are any less dextrous than your hands, although Benefit (Ambidexterity) is specifically recommended to avoid any off-hand penalties.

Skills total is 13, not 11.

Miss America - The simple ones always seem to get you. :) Initiative is +8, not 7 and Defenses total is 10, not 13, so she has 3p leftover. Maybe some wealth and current event expertise to cover her "socially aware teenaged heiress" background.


Mister Fantastic - no major issues

What's the trigger for his Insub 1 Reaction?

Parachute and Kite, while not identical, do kind of fill the same niche. Arguably so do the two Morphs. Lots of room for power stunts.
Sorry, I can't hear your argument for realism over the sound of my eye beams. :P

My original characters thread (2e)
My League of Legends conversion thread (3e)
My Rules Musings in 3e

legend
Superhero
Superhero
Posts: 2000
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:12 am

Re: LEGEND'S R2P PL10-Verse: MOONSTONE, BIG BARDA

Post by legend » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:59 am

JDRook wrote:Magneto - nothing incorrect, although I notice that everything in the Magnetic Control array is either an Area or Perception attack except for the big Create. That means the +7 for Ranged Combat: Magnetic Control can only apply to trapping targets in what I assume are big twisted hunks of reshaped metal. Of course, he could also apply it to any power stunts off that array as well.
There were a lot of AE's I couldn't fit in so I left the ranks of Ranged Combat
JDRook wrote:Marvel Girl - on Telepathic Communication, two points:
- Area and Selective are only necessary if she wants to broadcast to lots of people at once. With basic comm, she can contact and maintain connections with individuals as a free action, so she can easily set up a couple dozen connections in a few rounds, depending on how stringent the GM is regarding free actions. With Area at her level, she can literally transmit a message to the entire planet in one round. With Selective she could transmit to everyone, or just mutants, or just women, or only Australia, or everyone but Australia, etc. So I don't know if she really needs that much power, although the points aren't an issue.
- Comprehend 2 allows you to speak and understand any language, but only speak one at a time. Comprehend 3 is necessary to get the "gift of tongues" effect where everyone who "hears" you hears in their native language, or possibly bypasses language centres or however the descriptor works. Comp 3 is also what's used in the Telepathic Translator power in the Mental Profile. Again, not a point issue, just clarifying.
I left the Area Communication as is but fixed the Comprehend.
JDRook wrote:Medusa - Extra Limbs effect includes Improved Grab, so that saves you 1p on Prehensile Hair. Also, I don't think Extra Limbs need Precise since there's nothing that indicates they are any less dextrous than your hands, although Benefit (Ambidexterity) is specifically recommended to avoid any off-hand penalties.

Skills total is 13, not 11.
Dropped Improved Grab & Precise. Added Benefit (Ambidexterity) & fixed skill totals. Dropped Inspire.
JDRook wrote:Miss America - The simple ones always seem to get you. :) Initiative is +8, not 7 and Defenses total is 10, not 13, so she has 3p leftover. Maybe some wealth and current event expertise to cover her "socially aware teenaged heiress" background.
Oddly, the number of errors do seem to be inversely proportional to the build size. Fixed Initiative & Defenses. Added Benefit (Wealth), 3 ranks of Expertise: Popular Culture and bumped up Acrobatics by 1.
JDRook wrote:Mister Fantastic - no major issues

What's the trigger for his Insub 1 Reaction?
I change that to Continuous. Its more what I was going for.
JDRook wrote:Parachute and Kite, while not identical, do kind of fill the same niche. Arguably so do the two Morphs. Lots of room for power stunts.
Combined these. Added Bounceback Attack to the Array. Also changed Fist Weapons to Hand Shape and added Fingertip Lockpick (from Morphing PP) to the power.

legend
Superhero
Superhero
Posts: 2000
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:12 am

STEEL (John Henry Irons) (PL 10)

Post by legend » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:44 am

Image
STR 9, STA 2, AGL 0, DEX 0, FGT 2, INT 5, AWE 4, PRE 2
Powers:
Kinetic Hammer: Array (27 points), Feature 1 (Remote Controlled), Easily Removable (-12 points) • 18 points
• Inertial Damage Field: Ranged Damage 11, Accurate 4 • 26 points
• Electromagnetic Sensors: Enhanced Skill 6 (Perception +12) Linked to Senses 10 (Detect EM Energy, Accurate, Acute, Analytical, Extended 3, Radius, Ranged) • 1 point
• EMP: Burst Area Nullify 10, Broad (Electronics), Simultaneous, Close, Unreliable (5 uses) • 1 point
• Warhammer: Strength-based Damage 3, Feature 2 (Improved Smash, Power Attack), Penetrating 12, Accurate 3 • 1 points
Man of Steel Armor: Removable (-19 points) • 76 points
-Radio Communication 3, Subtle • 13 points
-Enhanced Strength 8 • 16 points
-Enhanced Defenses 10 (Dodge 5, Parry 5)
-Enhanced Fortitude 8 • 8 points
-Flight 5 • 10 points
-Immunity 11 (Computer Viruses, Disease, Environmental Effects, Fortitude-based Mind Control, Poison, Suffocation Effects) • 11 points
-Impervious Protection 10 • 20 points
-Senses 7 (Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Infravision, Low-Light Vision, Radio, Time Sense,
Ultravision) • 7 points
Advantages: Improved Initiative, Improvised Tools, Inventor, Skill Mastery (Technology)
Skills: Intimidation 5 (+7), Perception 3 (+7), Technology 10 (+15), Vehicles 2 (+2)
Offenses:
Initiative +4
Kinetic Hammer +8, Close, Damage 12
Kinetic Hammer +8, Ranged, Damage 11
Unarmed +2, Close, Damage 9
Defenses: Dodge 8, Parry 8, Will 10, Fortitude 10, Toughness 12
Power Points: Abilities 32 + Powers 94 + Advantages 4 + Skills 10 + Defenses 10 = 150

legend
Superhero
Superhero
Posts: 2000
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:12 am

MISTER MIRACLE (Scott Free) (PL 10)

Post by legend » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:01 pm

Image
STR 5, STA 5, AGL 5, DEX 1, FGT 4, INT 3, AWE 5, PRE 2
Powers:
Multi-Cube: Array (16 points), Removable (-4 points) • 16 points
• Hologram: Visual Illusion 8 • 16 points
• Cable: Move Object 6, Limited Direction (Pull); Movement 1 (Swinging) • 1 point
• Flare: Burst Area Affliction 10 (Resisted by Fortitude; Impaired, Disabled, Unaware), Limited to Vision • 1 point
• Illumination: Environment 3 (Light 2) • 1 point
• Sonic Beam: Ranged Transform 4 (Open Locks & Seals) • 1 point
New God: Immunity 3 (Aging, Disease, Poison) • 3 points
World's Greatest Escape Artist: Array (4 points) • 7 points
• Enhanced Skill 8 (Sleight of Hand +16), Limited to Contorting & Escaping • 4 points
• Enhanced Advantage (Improvised Tools); Enhanced Skill 6 (Technology +12), Limited to Security • 1 point
• Insubstantial 1, Limited to Escaping • 1 point
• Shrinking 4, Concentration • 1 point
Equipment:
Aero-Disks: Flight 5, Platform • 5 points
Costume: Protection 3, Movement 1 (Wall-Crawling) • 5 points
Mother Box: Feature 2 (Intelligence); Movement 3 (Space Travel 3), Portal, Alternate Effect (Healing 6) • 15 points
Advantages: Accurate Attack, Equipment 5, Evasion, Fearless, Inventor, Luck, Move-by Action, Redirect, Set-Up, Taunt, Trance, Uncanny Dodge
Skills: Acrobatics 3 (+8), Athletics 3 (+8), Close Combat: Unarmed 11 (+15), Deception 8 (+10), Perception 3 (+8), Persuasion 6 (+8), Sleight of Hand 3 (+4), Technology 7 (+10), Vehicles 2 (+3)
Offenses:
Initiative +5
Unarmed +15, Close, Damage 5
Defenses: Dodge 12, Parry 12, Will 12, Fortitude 8, Toughness 8
Power Points: Abilities 60 + Powers 26 + Advantages 16 + Skills 23 + Defenses 25 = 150

legend
Superhero
Superhero
Posts: 2000
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:12 am

BATMAN (Terry McGinnis) (PL 10)

Post by legend » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:38 pm

Image
STR 3, STA 3, AGL 6, DEX 1, FGT 6, INT 0, AWE 3, PRE 0
Powers:
Batsuit: Removable (-21 points) • 84 points
Armor Weave: Immunity 5 (Environmental Effects); Protection 3 • 8 points
Boots: Array (2 points) • 3 points
• Rockets: Flight 2, Unreliable (5 uses) • 2 points
• Electromagnetic Pads: Movement 2 (Wall-Crawling 2), Limited to metal • 1 point
Cloaking Device: Concealment 5 (Normal Hearing, Normal Vision, Radio), Passive • 5 points
Cowl: Feature 4 (Audio/Video Recorder, Heads-Up Display, Rebreather) • 4 points
Cowl Sensors: Array (6 points) • 9 points
• Analyzer: Senses 6 (Detect Chemical Compounds, Acute, Analytical; Detect DNA, Acute, Analytical) • 6 points
• Frequency Scan: Senses 6 (Vison Counters Illusion, Darkvison, Infravison, Ultravision) • 1 point
• Locate Signal: Senses 6 (Detect Mini-Tracer, Accurate, Extended, Radius, Ranged) • 1 point
• Polygraph: Enhanced Skill 8 (Insight +16), Limited to Detecting Deception • 1 point
Electrical Discharge: Burst Area Damage 6, Senses-Dependent (targets touching Batman), Unreliable (5 uses) • 3 points
Gloves: Array (14 points) • 20 points
• Glove Discs: Ranged Multiattack Damage 2, Accurate 8 • 14 points
• Extendible Forearm Spikes: Strength-based Slashing Damage 3, Accurate 4, Penetrating 6, Improved Critical • 1 point
• Fingertip Drug Identifier: Enhanced Skill 7 (Perception +14) Linked to Senses 3 (Detect Chemical Compounds, Acute, Analytical) • 1 point
• Index Finger PIN/Password Decipherer: Comprehend 2 (Machines); Enhanced Skill 8 (Technology +16), Limited to Security • 1 point
• Retractable Claws: Movement 2 (Safe Fall, Wall-Crawling), Limited (Safe Fall when near a surface)
Strength-based Damage 1, Accurate 5, Penetrating 2, Variable Descriptor (Piercing, Slashing), Improved Critical • 1 point
• Wrist Grapnel: Movement 1 (Swinging); Move Object 6, Limited Direction (towards), Accurate 6 • 1 point
• Touch Microphone: Enhanced Skill 7 (Perception +14) Linked to Senses 5 (Hearing Penetrates Concealment, Extended Hearing) • 1 point
Neuromuscular Amplification: Enhanced Strength 2; Enhanced Strength 3, Limited to Lifting and Moving; Enhanced Agility 3; Enhanced Fighting 3; Enhanced Advantages 3 (Defensive Roll 2, Evasion); Enhaced Skill 10 (Acrobatics +4, Athletics +4, Close Combat: Unarmed +6, Ranged Combat: Throwing +6); Enhanced Defenses 18 (Dodge 6, Parry 6, Fortitude 6) • 50 points
Personal Communicator: Senses 1 (Communication Link - Batcave) • 1 point
Retractable Wings: Flight 1, Gliding, Subtle • 2 points
Equipment:
Flexicuffs: Feature 1 (Handcuffs) • 1 point
Gadgets: Array (16 points) • 27 points
• Batarang: Ranged Strength-based Slashing Damage 3, Penetrating 6, Improved Critical • 16 points
• Bola: Ranged Affliction 5 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Damage or Sleight of Hand; Hindered & Vulnerable, Defenseless & Immobile), Cumulative, Extra Condition, Limited Degree • 1 point
• Cabled Batarang: Move Object 6, Limited Direction (towards); Movement 1 (Swinging) • 1 point
• Electric Batarang: Ranged Affliction 5 (Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated), Affects Objects • 1 point
• Explosive Batarang: Ranged Burst Area Damage 5, Triggered • 1 point
• Fire Extinguisher Capsules: Burst Area Nullify Fire 5, Simultaneous • 1 point
• Flashbang Grenades: Ranged Burst Area Affliction 5 (Resisted by Fortitude; Impaired, Disabled, Unaware) • 1 point
• Frequency Scanner: Enhanced Skill 5 (Perception +10) Linked to Senses 11 (Detect Radiation, Accurate; Radio, Accurate, Extended 3) • 1 point
• Knockout Gas Pellets: Ranged Cloud Area Affliction 5 (Resisted by Fortitude; Fatigued, Exhausted, Asleep) • 1 point
• Lock Decipher: Enhanced Skill 8 (Technology +16), Limited to Security • 1 point
• Smoke Pellet: Ranged Cloud Area Concealment Attack 4 • 1 point
• Welding Tool: Damage 5, Penetrating, Precise Linked to Weaken Toughness 5 (Resited by Fortitude), Affects Objects Only • 1 point
Omnitool: Feature 1 (Multi-Tool) • 1 point
Tracers: Feature (Mini-Tracer) • 1 point
Advantages: Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, Equipment 6, Improved Initiative, Move-By Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack, Redirect
Skills: Acrobatics 2 (+12), Athletics 2 (+9), Close Combat: Unarmed 4 (+16), Intimidation 4 (+4), Investigation 5 (+5), Perception 3 (+6), Ranged Combat: Throwing 6 (+14), Sleight of Hand 4 (+5), Stealth 3 (+9), Technology 4 (+4), Vehicles 1 (+2)
Offenses:
Initiative +10
Electrical Discharge -, Burst Area, Damage 6 (targets touching Batman, 5 uses)
Glove Discs +18,Ranged, Multiattack Damage 2
Extendible Forearm Spikes +14, Close, Slashing Damage 6 (Penetrating 6, Crit 19-20)
Retractable Claws +16, Close, Piercing or Slashing Damage 4 (Penetrating 2, Crit 19-20)
Wrist Grapnel +14, Move Object 6 (towards), Accurate 6
Batarang +14, Ranged, Damage Damage 6 (Penetrating 6, Crit 19-20)
Bola +14, Ranged, Cumulative Affliction 5
Cabled Batarang +14, Move Object 6 (towards)
Electric Batarang +14, Ranged, Affliction 5 (Affects Objects Also)
Explosive Batarang -, Ranged Burst Area, Damage 5
Fire Extinguisher Capsules -, Ranged Burst Area, Nullify 5
Flashbang Grenades -, Ranged Burst Area, Affliction 5
Knockout Gas Pellets -, Ranged Cloud Area, Affliction 5
Smoke Pellet -, Ranged Cloud Area, Concealment Attack 4
Tranquilizer Darts +14, Ranged, Cumulative Affliction 5
Unarmed +16, Close, Damage 3
Defenses: Dodge 12, Parry 12, Will 9, Fortitude 9, Toughness 8/6
Power Points: Abilities 28 + Powers 84 + Advantages 13 + Skills 19 + Defenses 6 = 150

Analyzer
Image

Batarang
Image

Bola
Image

Cabled Batarang
Image

Cloaking Device
Image

Cowl (Heads-Up Display)
Image

Electric Batarang
Image

Electrical Discharge
Image

Electromagnetic Pads
Image

Explosive Batarang
Image

Extendible Forearm Spikes
Image

Fingertip Drug Identifier
Image

Fire Extinguisher Capsules
Image

Flashbang Grenades
Image

Flexicuffs
Image

Frequency Scanner
Image

Glove Discs
Image

Index Finger PIN/Password Decipherer
Image

Knockout Gas Pellets
Image

Lock Decipher
Image

Neuromuscular Amplification
Image

Personal Communicator
Image

Retractable Claws
Image

Retractable Wings
Image

Rockets
Image

Smoke Pellet
Image

Touch Microphone
Image

Tracers
Image

Welding Tool
Image

Wrist Grapnel
Image

legend
Superhero
Superhero
Posts: 2000
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:12 am

VIXEN (Mari McCabe) (PL 10)

Post by legend » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:39 am

Image
STR 1, STA 2, AGL 3, DEX 2, FGT 6, INT 1, AWE 2, PRE 4
Powers:
Magical Amulet: Variable 6 (30 points, animal traits), Free Action, Removable (-10 points), Indestructible • 45 points
Advantages: All-Out Attack, Animal Empathy, Attractive, Close Attack 4, Defensive Roll 3, Evasion, Extraordinary Effort, Improved Initiative, Move-By Action, Power Attack, Uncanny Dodge
Skills: Acrobatics 6 (+9), Athletics 7 (+8), Deception 5 (+9), Expertise (Pre): Modeling 6 (+10), Insight 4 (+6), Intimidation 5 (+9), Perception 6 (+8), Persuasion 5 (+9), Stealth 4 (+7)
Offenses:
Initiative +7
Unarmed +10, Close, Damage 1
Defenses: Dodge 10, Parry 10, Will 8, Fortitude 6, Toughness 5/2
Power Points: Abilities 42 + Powers 45 + Advantages 16 + Skills 24 + Defenses 23 = 150

Common Animal Traits:
• Boa Constrictor: Enhanced Strength 2, Limited to Grab; Enhanced Advantages 3 (Chokehold, Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Improved Hold)
• Cheetah: Claws (Strength-based Damage 3, Penetrating 3, Improved Critical), Speed 6
• Electric Eel: Affliction 5 (Resisted by Fortitude; Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated)
• Gorilla: Enhanced Strength 5
• Elephant: Growth 9 (No Change in Size)
• Mule: Kick (Strength-based Damage 2), Stubbornness (Enhanced Will 4)
• Monkey: Enhanced Agility 5; Movement 1 (Safe Fall, Swinging), Limited (Safe Fall near a surface)
• Reptile: Accelerated Healing (Regeneration 5), Infra-Red Vision (Senses 1 (Infravision))
• Rhinoceros: Charge (Strength-based Damage 4, Limited to Charge or Slam), Growth 5 (No Change in Size), Immunity 2 (Damage from making Slam Attack), Protection 3
• Spider: Leaping 1, Movement 2 (Wall-Crawling 2)

Note: DCAU Vixen could not mimic Flight

JDRook
Superhero
Superhero
Posts: 1957
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:44 pm

Re: LEGEND'S R2P PL10-Verse: BATMAN (Terry McGinnis), VIXEN

Post by JDRook » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:25 pm

End of p6 to N


Mockingbird - Bo Stick & Pole Vault could probably be together in one slot easily, making for some dynamic staff fights.

Redundant Instant Up good for 1p

Mongoose - Claws & Teeth cost 2p.

Removable costs don't jibe again. I have -3 off of 13p for Gauntlet Gas, but I believe we've agreed to disagree on this.

Ms. Marvel - LES issue on Seventh Sense

Perception is 2 (+6), not 2 (+7)

Unarmed has no Improved Critical

Defense total is 13, not 12, so you're 1p over. I suspect you changed her AWE at some point.


Mystique - no issues.
[rant]Voice Mimicry bothers me. It would technically be resistible as a DC12 Insight check, which would generally only work on supporting cast (and very low rank ones at that) and almost never on a PC, at least as a routine check. On the other hand, Morph strikes me as a full spectrum disguise that should include look, scent, texture and sound, including voice.
Considering Morph's basic 5p per rank cost, I'd be inclined to break it up like other sense-affecting powers and charge per sense, 2 for Visual, 5 for all. Using that structure and the rank effects for Morph, you could change to one other voice for 1p, a narrow set of voices (matching your gender and . . . build?) for 2p, any humanoid voice for 3p and any sound for 4p, all with a +20 Disguise, making it nigh-impossible to overcome.
Of course, the convention that makes it seem separate from Morph is when the character is in one form and speaks with a different voice. (Terminator, anyone?) At worst, I think this should be a Selective Extra on Morph allowing a mix-and-match of sense-forms (keep voice for audio recognition security system and smell like a guard dog's master to keep it friendly), but it might also be considered Precise. [/rant]
Nightcrawler - If Camouflage is vs all Visual Senses, then cost should be 2p, otherwise it should only be for Sight.

LES on Flexible Bone Structure
Sorry, I can't hear your argument for realism over the sound of my eye beams. :P

My original characters thread (2e)
My League of Legends conversion thread (3e)
My Rules Musings in 3e

legend
Superhero
Superhero
Posts: 2000
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:12 am

Re: LEGEND'S R2P PL10-Verse: BATMAN (Terry McGinnis), VIXEN

Post by legend » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:31 am

JDRook wrote:Mockingbird - Bo Stick & Pole Vault could probably be together in one slot easily, making for some dynamic staff fights.
Makes sense. Made the change.
JDRook wrote:Redundant Instant Up good for 1p
Dropped it. Upped Athletics & Expertise: Biology .
JDRook wrote:Mongoose - Claws & Teeth cost 2p.
Fixed. Dropped Instant Up since Acrobatics was so high.
JDRook wrote:Ms. Marvel - LES issue on Seventh Sense

Perception is 2 (+6), not 2 (+7)

Unarmed has no Improved Critical

Defense total is 13, not 12, so you're 1p over. I suspect you changed her AWE at some point.
Fixed LES & dropped it by 1 point (+8 vs. +9, almost no difference).
JDRook wrote:Mystique - no issues.
[rant]Voice Mimicry bothers me. It would technically be resistible as a DC12 Insight check, which would generally only work on supporting cast (and very low rank ones at that) and almost never on a PC, at least as a routine check. On the other hand, Morph strikes me as a full spectrum disguise that should include look, scent, texture and sound, including voice.
Considering Morph's basic 5p per rank cost, I'd be inclined to break it up like other sense-affecting powers and charge per sense, 2 for Visual, 5 for all. Using that structure and the rank effects for Morph, you could change to one other voice for 1p, a narrow set of voices (matching your gender and . . . build?) for 2p, any humanoid voice for 3p and any sound for 4p, all with a +20 Disguise, making it nigh-impossible to overcome.
Of course, the convention that makes it seem separate from Morph is when the character is in one form and speaks with a different voice. (Terminator, anyone?) At worst, I think this should be a Selective Extra on Morph allowing a mix-and-match of sense-forms (keep voice for audio recognition security system and smell like a guard dog's master to keep it friendly), but it might also be considered Precise. [/rant]
Its a good point. Morph probably could be more along the lines of Illusion. Mystique could never fool Wolverine's nose. I left the Voice Mimicry because she can do this without physically changing.
JDRook wrote:Nightcrawler - If Camouflage is vs all Visual Senses, then cost should be 2p, otherwise it should only be for Sight.
Clarified
JDRook wrote:LES on Flexible Bone Structure
Fixed

legend
Superhero
Superhero
Posts: 2000
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:12 am

COMMANDER STEEL (Henry Heywood III) (PL 10)

Post by legend » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:23 am

Image
STR 5, STA 6, AGL 6, DEX 2, FGT 6, INT 0, AWE 3, PRE 2
Powers:
Artificial Lung: Immunity 2 (Suffocation Effects), Limited (30 minutes) • 1 point
Micro-Motors: Enhanced Advantages 3 (Improved Initiative, Improved Smash, Power Attack), Leaping 2, Speed 5 • 10 points
Subdermal Layer of Steel: Immunity 1 (Pressure), Impervious Toughness 6 • 7 points
Superhuman Senses: Enhanced Skill 4 (Perception +8), Senses 3 (Extended Hearing 2, Infravision) • 7 points
Superhuman Stamina: Enhanced Advantages 2 (Diehard, Great Endurance), Enhanced Fortitude 6 • 8 points
Steel Alloy Skeleton: Immunity 20 (Bludeoning), Half Effect • 10 points
Equipment:
Armor-Mesh Uniform: Protection 3 • 3 points
Advantages: Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 2, Diehard, Equipment 1, Evasion, Extraordinary Effort, Great Endurance, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Improved Smash, Improved Trip, Move-By Action, Power Attack, Redirect, Skill Mastery 2 (Acrobatics, Athletics), Takedown, Set-Up
Skills: Acrobatics 7 (+13), Athletics 8 (+13), Close Combat: Unarmed 9 (+15), Insight 2 (+5), Perception 0 (+11), Persuasion 3 (+5), Ranged Combat: Throwing 11 (+13)
Offenses:
Initiative +10
Unarmed +15, Close, Damage 5
Defenses: Dodge 9, Parry 9, Will 8, Fortitude 12, Toughness 11/9
Power Points: Abilities 64 + Powers 43 + Advantages 16 + Skills 20 + Defenses 7 = 150

Sidious
Superhero
Superhero
Posts: 1932
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:07 pm
Location: Syracuse, NY, The Arm Pit of Hell.

Re: COMMANDER STEEL (Henry Heywood III) (PL 10)

Post by Sidious » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:10 am

legend wrote:Image
This is actually just Steel. He's a generational hero. Hank Heywood III actually gained his powers when his grandfather General Hank Heywood, Commander Steel from the 1940's, made him go through the same enhancement surgeries (read: cyborging) that he had. Steel joined the disastrous JLA-Detroit and eventually died via plots from T.O. Morrow and Prof. Ivo. He had been recently replaced by Citizen Steel, another Heywood family member, who joined the JSA.
Live fast. Love hard. Die with your mask on.

legend
Superhero
Superhero
Posts: 2000
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:12 am

Re: LEGEND'S R2P PL10-Verse: COMMANDER STEEL

Post by legend » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:28 pm

Sidious wrote:
legend wrote:Image
This is actually just Steel. He's a generational hero. Hank Heywood III actually gained his powers when his grandfather General Hank Heywood, Commander Steel from the 1940's, made him go through the same enhancement surgeries (read: cyborging) that he had. Steel joined the disastrous JLA-Detroit and eventually died via plots from T.O. Morrow and Prof. Ivo. He had been recently replaced by Citizen Steel, another Heywood family member, who joined the JSA.
No, I believe this is Commander Steel. If this were the comics you would be 100% correct. These builds are based (as much as possible) on DC's Animated Universe. Take a look at the DCAU wikia.

legend
Superhero
Superhero
Posts: 2000
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:12 am

DOWNPOUR (Zan the Wonder Twin) (PL 10)

Post by legend » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:03 pm

Image
STR 0, STA 2, AGL 2, DEX 0, FGT 0, INT 0, AWE 1, PRE 1
Powers:
Water Form: Array (95 points) • 96 points
• Concealment 4 (Visual), Limited to while in water; Enhanced Strength 8, Limited to Grab; Enhanced Advantages 14 (Close Attack 8, Evasion, Fast Grab, Favored Environment (Aquatic), Improved Hold, Improved Trip, Power Attack); Enhanced Defenses 12 (Dodge 6, Parry 6); Growth 4; Immunity 10 (Life Support); Insubstantial 1, Reaction; Leaping 1; Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation: Aquatic); Protection 8, Impervious Toughness 14; Senses 1 (Low-Light Vision); Speed 2; Swimming • 95 points
• Concealment 4 (Visual), Limited to while in water; Enhanced Advantages 9 (Close Attack 8, Favored Environment (Aquatic)); Enhanced Defenses 12 (Dodge 6, Parry 6); Growth 12; Immunity 10 (Life Support); Insubstantial 2, Reaction; Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation: Aquatic); Protection 4, Impervious Toughness 16; Senses 1 (Low-Light Vision); Swimming 1 • 1 point
Water Stunts: Array (30 points) • 35 points
• Water Cannon: Line Area 2 Damage 10, Limited (while Insubstantial 1) Linked to Line Area 2 Affliction 10 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; Dazed, Prone), Limited Degree, Limited (while Insubstantial 1) • 30 points
• Dousing: Cone Area Nullify Water-Soluble Effects 10, Broad, Effortless, Simultaneous, Close, Limited (while Insubstantial 1) • 1 point
• Drown: Affliction 12 (Resisted by Fortitude; Dazed & Fatigued, Exhausted & Stunned, Incapacitated), Concentration, Cumulative, Extra Condition, Grab-Based, Limited (while Insubstantial 1) • 1 point
• Expansion: Growth 12, Limited (no Strength or Stamina increase), Limited (while Insubstantial 2) • 1 point
• Push: Line Area 4 (60 feet long, 20 feet wide) Move Object 10, Limited Direction (away), Limited (while Insubstantial 1) • 1 point
• Wave: Line Area 6 (250 feet long, 20 feet wide) Affliction 6 (Resisted by Fortitude; Dazed, Prone), Limited Degree, Limited (while Insubstantial 2) • 1 point
Advantages: Improved Initiative, Teamwork
Skills: Acrobatics 2 (+4), Athletics 3 (+3), Intimidation 2 (+3),Perception 2 (+3), Persuasion 1 (+2)
Offenses:
Initiative +6
Unarmed +0, Close, Damage 0
Defenses: Dodge 2, Parry 2, Will 6, Fortitude 2, Toughness 2
Power Points: Abilities 12 + Powers 131 + Advantages 2 + Skills 5 + Defenses 0 = 150

legend
Superhero
Superhero
Posts: 2000
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:12 am

SHIFTER (Jayna the Wonder Twin) (PL 10)

Post by legend » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:04 pm

Image
STR 0, STA 2, AGL 1, DEX 0, FGT 1, INT 0, AWE 2, PRE 2
Powers:
Shift: Morph 3, Quirk (always white) Linked to Variable 10 (50 points, physical traits plus reallocation of existing physical traits)), Free Action • 104 points
Advantages: All-Out Attack, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Teamwork
Skills: Acrobatics 2 (+3), Athletics 4 (+4), Close Combat: Unarmed 4 (+5), Deception 2 (+3), Intimidation 3 (+5), Perception 3 (+5)
Offenses:
Initiative +5
Unarmed +5, Close, Damage 0
Defenses: Dodge 4, Parry 5, Will 8, Fortitude 5, Toughness 2
Power Points: Abilities 16 + Powers 104 + Advantages 4 + Skills 9 + Defenses 17 = 150

Sidious
Superhero
Superhero
Posts: 1932
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:07 pm
Location: Syracuse, NY, The Arm Pit of Hell.

Re: LEGEND'S R2P PL10-Verse: COMMANDER STEEL

Post by Sidious » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:31 pm

legend wrote:
Sidious wrote:
legend wrote:Image
This is actually just Steel. He's a generational hero. Hank Heywood III actually gained his powers when his grandfather General Hank Heywood, Commander Steel from the 1940's, made him go through the same enhancement surgeries (read: cyborging) that he had. Steel joined the disastrous JLA-Detroit and eventually died via plots from T.O. Morrow and Prof. Ivo. He had been recently replaced by Citizen Steel, another Heywood family member, who joined the JSA.
No, I believe this is Commander Steel. If this were the comics you would be 100% correct. These builds are based (as much as possible) on DC's Animated Universe. Take a look at the DCAU wikia.
Nah it's cool. They probably did named him Commander Steel. Honestly I was pretty mad when they killed him off in JLA (much less so when Vibe bit the dust.)
Live fast. Love hard. Die with your mask on.

Locked