Hero's Unlimited: The Catsiverse: The Viper Wars

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Re: Hero's Unlimited: The Catsiverse: Trolls under the bridge

Post by catsi563 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:32 pm

Hornet

Just as Shock takes down the 3 agents with startling ease on the screen. The two agents turn and look at one another with an oh crap look on their faces. One of them says "Aw hell better break out the Mech Viper, and alert Professor Vega."

Before the other can even nod in agreement though you zip up between them and with a pair of ZZZZOTS!!! aimed perfectly at them put the two out of the fight entirely as evidenced by their collapsing liek a pair of felled oaks.

On the screen you see an image of a grenade falling from the hand of an unconcious agent. Just a sit looks like the grenade will explode in the enclosed hallway Goliath dives on top of it, and there is a visible ripple from her, clearly visible on the HD screen. The explosion is muffled on the videos speakers but usuprisingly there is little damage and Goliath stands up leaving a clear indentation in the ground that looks like foot prints.

Thankfully she and the rest all seem unharmed.

Its at that moment that another sight catches your eyes. A picture of what looks like a gladiatorial arena with a hundred or more Trolls hollering and carrying on. Its at that instant in what looks like a live feed that Green Lantern all aglow and very angry swoops into the middle of the arena and lets loose with a flurry of words and will.

natural 20 no worries hits both easilly and not even gonna bother checking toughness they drop like bad habits.

GLs appearance on one of the screens happens roughly at that moment and things start getting interesting.

ps: your familiar with the Mech Viper, big scary robot lots of firepower. Dumb as a post but with that much firepower doesnt need to be to bright.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by catsi563 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:39 pm

Shock, Goliath, Doc, Marissa

As the grenade rolls into the center of the hallway Rachel doesnt hesitate she grabs it up and crouches down wrapping herself around it. The effort would be somewhat futile given the close proximity of the ahllways. But suddenly there is a visible ripple from her body and the sound of metal groaning as if an enormous weight was put on it.

This is followed by a tremendous but muffled whump as the grenade goes off. But suprisngly no one is harmed and there is little more then a bit of smoke from Goliath as she stands up completely unharmed.

"My god are you ok Dr. Tolliver?" Marissa asks quickly while attempting to examine her for wounds. "How in the world did you do that?"

"Im fine she replies." which Rachel shrugs off gently. "I'm not certian...i, I just wanted to protect everyone and then I felt something wierd." she looks down to see her feet are in a pair of indentations as if she had suddenly gained thousands of pounds of weight.

"Well what ever you ddi it saved our lives, thanks." Marissa smiles as she pulls abck and checks the Doc.

Going to progress on And NPC Goliath until such time as I hear from Aerlwynn.

PS: sorry for the delay all some personal issues at home. been keeping me distracted. gonna try and pick up the pace here a bit.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by catsi563 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:59 pm

Green Lantern, Kris, Wanderer

Wanderer doesnt hesitate with Green Lanterns example before her she jumps head first into the mass of Trolls before exploding like a grenade into a flurry of fists, feet and other striking surfaces. Trolls go flying and make unplesant impacts with the ground as she does so.

"You will all pay for this Hegitas!!" she curses in an unknown language that GLs ring doesnt need to translate given the tone of the voice that spoke it.

Atta stands there for mere moments shaking in rage before he throws down the remote and roars loud enough to silence even the other Trolls before bellowing "Atta say CRUSH THEM!!" he punctuates this by hurling a large chunk of concrete at GL which shatters against the field hard enough for the ring to ping a warning to the Lantern about structural integrity of the field not beign able to take too many more of those.

The trolls as one bellow in unison before exploding into action. Bullets and rocks and other thrown detrius bounce harmlessly off Green Lanterns Emerald field as she floats above the carnage like some goddess of war.

Meanwhile Gretchen tugs on Krises pantl leg. "Please must listen to Gretchen!" he squeaks "Gretchen is good with tools, gretchen makes the collar that makes the slaves fight, makes the Gator man fight." his beady yellow eyes are wide with shame but he bites his lip and plunges on "Destroy remote it will shut down collar, free slaves, free Gator man. is best Gretchen can do."

"Also look out for Snake men, they are here too they have Shield man, took him from Atta in trade for tools for Gretchen to make more Dyne. They have Robot bigger then Supa troll." gretchen hesitates then points at Atta and shouts "Go Go!!"

before he turns and runs down the hallway.

Time to mvoe forward. Im NPCing wanderer till I hear from Femme.

Need Initiatives from everyone

Wanderers initiative 10 Ouch well thats for you kris :wink:

Gretchens initiaive 23

and the Trolls 6

and lastly Atta 13

So need Initiatives from GL and Kris

also Hornet and Company are technincaly out of combat but hold onto your initiative counts for whe n the fur flys for now.

The Litterbox

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by kenseido » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:42 pm

Kris Majax
HP: 1, Condition: Ready to kick troll...

Kris listens as Gretchen confirms what he had already hoped. Smashing the remote is his top priority.
Hoping the distraction is enough, Kris watches for an opportunity to get the remote away from Atta.
Initiative: 1d20+3=19
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Shock » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:56 pm

Shock
HP: 2

"Well... good job anyway." Chris was relived Goliath wasn't hurt doing something like that. "Just... uhh... don't make a habit of jumping on explosives OK?" He smiled and turned back down the hall. "Did anyone see which way Hornet went? We need to keep moving before VIPER gets organized."
Initiative 15 saved for later ;}

Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord

Post by Neo-Paladin » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:56 pm

Doc

The humanoid rat shrugs, wiping imaginary dust off his shoulder. " I could find her by scent", he says, " or we could trust in her ability to find her way and seek out the labs instead. I feel like...well, wrecking the place."

Nineofspades
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Nineofspades » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:48 pm

Green Lantern
HP 5

Hovering above the war zone which had erupted below her, Ashley floated with her arms crossed, a look made of equal parts disgust and disappointment worn clear on her face as she gazed down at Atta. Even as he lobbed about morter blocks and they broke against her shield, she made no move to defend herself or avoid the impacts. Shock and Awe tactics, or something there about. Not reacting to his anger might just put a bit of doubt into Atta's tiny brain, make him wonder if this is a fight he can really win. "See now" Ashley said, looking about at the other trolls "You shouldn't have done that" she scolded, wagging a finger at the troll king, before raising up her hand over head. "I said I was going to tear down this whole place. It was not a hyperbole. Last chance guys, surrender or face the consequences. " Fingers outstretched, and ring beginning to glow, she started counting down "5...4...3..."

Initiative (1d20+2=17)

Grab the remote Kris. And if you have any sunglasses, prepare to put them on dramatically.

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by kenseido » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:24 pm

Kris Majax
HP: 1, Condition: On the move

Kris smiles as Atta drops the remote. To easy.

He shimmers over next to the remote while Atta's attention is fully on Ashley. Grabbing it quickly, he wills up the demon essence to flood his muscles, causing black veins to run over his arms and legs, up his neck and ending at the edges of his face. "Hey, Atta-boy, you should kiss your a$$ good-bye while you still have the chance." Crushing the remote easily with his demon strength, he gives a wicked grin to the troll king.
Array is already on Teleport, Move action to teleport over to remote.
Free action to switch array to Demon Strength, and Standard action to grab the remote and crush it.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:46 am

Hornet:
HP: 0
Shock wrote:"Did anyone see which way Hornet went? We need to keep moving before VIPER gets organized."
Hornet activates his commlink that connects him to the others. "I'm fine gang, I'm sitting in VIPER HQ right now watching you on their security feed. Found the others too, they're about to mix it up with the trolls we came to find but I don't know how to locate them exactly on this system. Maybe one of you can handle that better." The tiny hero goes on to give the other directions so they can join him inside the security station so that they can at least be divided into only two groups.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by catsi563 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:40 pm

A fast shimmer and a brief exercise of Strength crushes the remote into an unrecognizable heap. There is a Roar of pain as Gator with a nimbus odd electrical energies writhes in agony for a moment before the massive man Gator collapses on the ground.

"AttA Crush You!! He roars as a blood red rage seems to flash in his eyes like a flame before he tries to basicaly emebed you into the cave wall with a brutal hawmaker, which only succeeds in pulverizing the wall leaving a massive fist shaped indentation, thanks to Kris employing a fast evasion that Johnny taught him.

As the dust clears from the punch that growing incessant whisper in Krises mind speaks again with an urgency. "Hes stronger then the others we cant understimate him."

--ooOoo--

Meanwhile a small figure runs through the tunnels ducking and dodging as if something were chasing him. finally he skids to a halt shaking from either his exertions or the terror he feels none but the little goblin can say.

He stands there for a few moments looking back the way he came where the roars of Angry trolls and Atta are mixed with the bright glow of an emerald ring. Then he looks down the other tunnel which offers him escape. he stands there for the longest time tears practically falling from his little yellow eyes as he dances from foot to foot before suddenly turnning and running down another hallway with a purpose.

So intiatives are

Gretchen 23
Kris 19
Green Lantern 17
Atta 13
Wanderer 10
Trolls 6
Gator 23 Gator will forfeit his initiative count due to the after effects of the control collar being destroyed. hell be up again in 2 rounds barring outside help.

Also Tough minion rule is dropped for the moment given the Sheer amount of trolls you may treat all trollkin as minions

And GLs up

The Litterbox

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by catsi563 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:49 pm

Shock, Goliath, Doc

Goliath shrugs at Shock and says "Ill try my best; not even sure I know how I did whatever it was I did anyways, heck maybe Doc there can tell me." she indicates the Doc as Hornets message comes through to you all.

Hornet activates his commlink that connects him to the others. "I'm fine gang, I'm sitting in VIPER HQ right now watching you on their security feed. Found the others too, they're about to mix it up with the trolls we came to find but I don't know how to locate them exactly on this system. Maybe one of you can handle that better." The tiny hero goes on to give the other directions so they can join him inside the security station so that they can at least be divided into only two groups.
Marissa shares a signifigant look at the Doctor as she types in the coordianets on her dayta pad and overlays them with the map they have of a standard viper bunker confirming the coordiantes. She then says "Were On our way Hornet stay safe."

"Doctor its just down this hallway, we should keep moving."

presuming everyone follows her and the directions Hornet gave youll reach the control center quickly enough

Also for Hornet a simple tech check or computer check would more then easily net you the info you need Viper tech is advanced but cake for someone like you. :D

The Litterbox

Nineofspades
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Nineofspades » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:30 pm

Green Lantern
HP 5-2

"...2..." Ashley counted, even as Atta roared in anger, howling for blood. Kris appeared, and destroyed the remote. Atta tried to land a blow, and for a moment Ashely actually feared he'd succeeded, before the dust cloud from the shattered stone settled, and Kris could be seen still standing unharmed, even joining in with a taunt of his own. "...1..."

Her hand clenched into a fist as the ring burst with light, flooding the chamber. Almost like cloth, the green energy began weaving together into a construct, spieling upwards, larger and larger, tapering to a single point. As the energy solidified, its shape could be clearly seen.

A Massive Drill, at least a hundred feet in diameter, if not more, hovering over the arena, and pointing downwards. "...0.". Teeth clenched from the effort of maintaining such a large construct, Ashley punched dowards, and the drill responded, spinning into the earth and burrowing downwards, excavating out the entire chambers floor, disappearing downwards into the darkness.

The floor was replaced with a smooth green tiling, just transparent enough that you could see the great hole the entire assembled groups were now suspended over. Sweat beat from her brow, her whole body aching from the effort of keeping both constructs going. But she didn't need to for long.

"Bigger they are...HARDER THEY FALL!" And with that defiant Cry, the floor vanished, save for a few small floating disks beneath Ashley's allies, leaving the Trolls and their arena and all that they'd built free to go tumbling down into the pit of the earth.
Hero point to powerstunt

Burrowing 10 (Extras: Area, Ranged: Power Feat: Progression (Area) 5ish (enough to get the entire area))

Burrowing lets you leave a tunnel, so I'll do just that, leaving a gaping hole beneath all of us.

Surge for an extra action to generate a new floor, and hero point to negate the fatigue from that.

Free action to change the selectivity of the created object, so that Only myself and my allies, Plus Gator and Gretchen, are Still able to stand on it.

Falling damge is +1 per 10 feet fallen, to a max of +20 at 200 ft. Burrowing 10 through solid stone would let me make a tunnel up to 2200 ft long.

I'll settle for around 500ft or so, though if they want to make a acrobatics check, they can reduce the damage. Either way, its still going to hurt.

DC 35 Toughness for everyone who just fell.

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by catsi563 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:44 pm

The high pitched roaring of the massive emerald drill precedes the crashing sounds as the emtire arena a natural cave formation that took centuries to form is obliterated in mere moments sending over a hundred trolls falling down a deep dark hole with howls of fear. Even the mighty Atta falls though he roars defiantly as he does.

Just before Kris who feels the sudden pull of gravity and Wanderer, and the slowly reviving Gator can fall a green tile like surface appears beneath them all keeping them from falling down into the black abyss beneath.

And floating above it all is Ashely, The Green Lantern. her face strained as she focuses her formidable will to defeat her enemies.

Wanderer seems almost disappointed at the lack of opportunity to take out more of her anger on those who hurt her friend but mere moments later there is an explosion of green will power that fractures the tile floor as Atta with a roar explodes through it and clobbers Ashley hard enough to send her flying into a wall, and makes her see stars. The prodigous leap that carried him out of the hole lands him on the edge of the destroyed arena where he snorts in rage before rushing down a hallway with a nasty laugh.

Wanderer vaciliates for a moment about going after him before rushing to Gator and after a moments concentration glows as a golden aura surrounds her. The tiny Valaeraa suddenly shows increidble strength as she lifts the many times larger Gator over her shoulder and carries him to safety.

As Kris stands there watching the whole situation a Nasty snarl sounds from behind him as a troll larger then even Gator appears. Bulging with muscles like some oversized cartoon gorilla the blood red eyes lock onto Kris and the Supa troll bellows its rage to the cavernous roof before swinging a massive haymaker at the mage, which he manages to avoid.

The troll in its rage goes flying off the platform and down the hole Ashley made. Mere seconds later though 2 more Supa trolls appear at the entrance, and 2 more appear before the entrance Wanderer is heading for.

Craziness, but yes that will work :mrgreen: .

No way the trollkin can make any of the reflex saves needed they all fall, nor can they make the toughness saves either.

Atta failes his reflex save 17

Im fiating his toughness save and action this round so HP for all of you.

Atta well leap out and swat ashley no damage but enough to daze her for the next round. No concentraion check needed.

Atta well then flee down one of the tunnels commanding some of the supa trolls that lay in wait to attack and keep you all busy.

One of the Supa trolls power attacks kris for Max 4 misses badly and supatroll go down teh hoooooooooole.

the others take up positions and wait.

Wanderer will use her new HP to stunt a chi boost to strength and use ti to carry gator to realtive safe place.

there are now 6 Supa trolls facing you all.

Oops gms Edit. Back to Kris sorry bout that.
Last edited by catsi563 on Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Litterbox

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Shock » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:52 pm

Shock
HP: 2

Chris followed the short directions and led the way into the computer room to find Hornet watching the monitors. And just in time to see chaos break out in a cavern with a Green Lantern and more trolls than he could easily count. Then the trolls were gone, only to be replaced by several even larger trolls. "We need to get there, fast." Then they'd have to worry about defeating the things.

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by catsi563 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:59 pm

Shock, Goliath, Hornet, and Doc

After a run down the hallway where the brief ambush orginated You arrive at the door which wisks open at Hornets urging allowing you access. A brief look around shows a standard spartanly decrotated control center, with 6 large screens and a central screen.

Sliding into one of the seats Goliath lays down a few fast strokes of the keys, and brings the central screen to the image of Green Lantern facing off against the troll hordes. The image that then happens throws you all for a loop as The Green Lantern displays just how formiable she is. A small earthquake rumbles through the lab as Gren lantern used a massive drill to excavate the arena sending hundereds of trolls down a deep dark hole.

Mere moments later though a massive troll like face that causes Doc to squeek in recognition and with a small amount of fear given his past experience blows through the emerald field GL created and clobbers her hard before running up the tunnel.

"Atta." Marissa whispers ith a visible shudder while laying a sympathetic hand on the Docs furry shoulder, shes had her own bad experience with the Troll leader and it shows in the shaken look on her normally cool face.

Rachel looks over the computer and controls and then at Hornet before asking "Any thing specific you need me to look for?"

thats the current situation for you guys if you have any specific actions now would be the time to take them.

The Litterbox