World of Freedom: FC Setting Builds....

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Dragoneye

Post by Tattooedman » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:54 pm

Dragoneye:
PL:
Strength 2
Stamina 2
Agility 3
Dexterity 3
Fighting 4
Intellect 3
Awareness 5
Presence 4

Skills: Acrobatics 6 (+9), Deception 6 (+10), Expertise [Criminal] 6 (+11), Expertise [Magic] 10 (+13), Insight 6 (+11), Intimidation 7 (+11), Investigation 6 (+9), Perception 6 (+11), Persuasion 6 (+10), Ranged Combat [Dragon Channelling Array] 4 (+8.), Sleight of Hand 7 (+10),

Advantages: Close Attack 4, Fearless, Language [Mandarin], Luck [Determination] 2, Luck [Determined Recovery] 2, Ranged Attack, Ritualist, Ultimate Effort [Ultimate Will]

Powers: Dragon’s Eyes: Senses 5 [Magical Awareness (Accurate, Radius, Tracking)]
Dragon’s Wings: Flight 5
See Through the Dragon Lines: Remote Sensing 10 [hearing & visual] (Feat: Subtle); (Flaw: Feedback)
Scales of the Dragon: Protection 10

Dragon Channeling Array:
Dragon's Breath: Ranged Damage 12 (Extra: Penetrating)
-Dragon’s Claw: Strength-Based Damage 10 (Extra: Penetrating 12); (Feat: Improved Critical 2)
-Dragon's Will: Create 12 (Extra: Moveable); (Feat: Precise)
-Dragon's Blessing: Healing 10 (Feat: Stabilize)
-Dragon's Curse: Nullify Magic 12 (Extras: Broad, Simultaneous)
-Dragon's Roar: Affliction 10 [Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated; resisted by Dodge] (Extra: Area [Cone])

Offense: Initiative +3
Melee Attack +8 // Unarmed Damage +2 // Dragon’s Claw Damage +12; critical 18-20
Ranged Attack +4 // Dragon Channeling Array Attack +8 // Dragon’s Breath Damage +12

Defense: Dodge +8
Parry +8
Toughness +12*/+2 [*Scales of the Dragon]
Fortitude +8
Will +12

Costs: Abilities 52+ Skills 24+ Advantages 13+ Powers 87+ Defenses 22= 198 pts.

Height: 5' 7"
Weight: 150 lbs
Hair: Shaved Bald (Black)
Eye Color: Brown

Complications:
Agent of Sin: Dragoneye is one of several leading agents of Dr. Sin in Freedom City and is expected to make progress in long term goals of his master.

Enemy: Due to their recent interference in Dr. Sin’s operations, the new FORCE Ops team has become a group that Dragoneye has been instructed to deal with.

Honor: Dragoneye operates with a specific code of honor that does not allow him to take advantage of foes in certain situations, such as he will not attack a foe from behind or who is unaware of his presence.

Power Loss: If he is unable to preform the kata-like gestures needed to cast his spells then Dragoneye cannot use his Dragon Channeling Array.

Background:
Last edited by Tattooedman on Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Arclight

Post by Tattooedman » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:09 pm

Arclight:
PL:
Strength 1
Stamina 0
Agility 8 (1)
Dexterity 8 (1)
Fighting 4
Intellect 3
Awareness 4
Presence 3

Skills: Acrobatics 3 (+4/+11), Deception 9 (+12), Expertise [Science] 9 (+12), Insight 6 (+10), Perception 6 (+10), Persuasion 9 (+12), Ranged Combat [E.M. Projection] 2 (+10), Stealth 3 (+4/+11), Technology 9 (+12)

Advantages: Agile Feint, Close Attack 4, Improved Feint, Luck [Determination], Power Attack, Takedown, Task Focus [Expertise (Science): Electronics], Taunt

Powers: E.M. Suit: (Removable –31 pts) [125 pp]
Enhanced Reflexes:
Enhanced Agility 7
Enhanced Dexterity 7
Enhanced Advantages 6 [Evasion 2, Improved Initiative, Instant Up, Move-By Action, Seize Initiative]
Enhanced Dodge 6
Enhanced Parry 6
E.M. Field:
Damage 10 (Extra: Reaction)
Force Field 10 (Extra: Impervious)
E.M. Projection: Ranged Damage 10 (Extra: Penetrating)
E.M. Propulsion: Flight 10

Offense: Initiative +12
Melee Attack +8 // E.M. Field Damage +10
Ranged Attack +8 // E.M. Projection Damage +10

Defense: Dodge +10
Parry +10
Toughness +10* [*Impervious]
Fortitude +5
Will +10

Costs: Abilities 34+ Skills 19+ Advantages 11+ Powers 125+ Defenses 19= 208 pts.

Height: 5' 7"
Weight: 137 lbs
Hair: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown

Complications:
Fight the Big Guns: Arclight generally ignores anyone who isn't a powered hero of some kind, and even then she'll challenge the strongest-seeming target available.

Find the Limits: Arclight seeks to push the limits of the E.M. suit to fully "test it."

Who Is She?: Even her fellow members of Dragon Branch have no idea what Arclight looks like under her EM suit, let alone her real name.

Background: Arclight is a newer member to Dragon Branch in VIPER, she has managed to convince the Supreme Serpent her EM suit is worth developing as a means of eventually arming VIPER agents in the field. All she needs is time to test the suit out in actual field conditions and soon she should be able to develop a finished model and work out all of the bugs in the suit. He was intrigued enough to allow her the transfer and begin her testing. And it’s because of this seeming favoritism most of the other members of Dragon Branch aren’t exactly friendly towards Arclight, not that she cares much. Though they will go on missions with her and make sure she doesn’t go to jail, of course they realize that the Supreme Serpent wouldn’t be too favorable towards them if either happened.

The truth is that the EM suit is actually fully tested out already and it will never honestly be a viable option to mass produce for all agents to have. Arclight just wanted into the world of superhumans and that story was her way in after years spent building the EM suit. She is good enough to keep her work hidden from prying eyes that would spy on her and keep it looking like she’s just a few more tests away from finishing her work. For now it seems that she’s getting what she wants and Arclight will make sure it stays that way.

Recently Arclight and the other members of Dragon Branch were involved in a fight with S.H.A.D.O.W. over V.I.P.E.R.'s expansion of operations, so much so that they were hitting all of the major Nests in Bay City and New York. A.E.G.I.S. had picked up on the pattern and had already figured out which parts of Freedom City V.I.P.E.R. had their Nests hidden and had recruited FORCE Ops to help them in mitigating the collateral damage of the fight. Basically it devolved into a three-way fight between V.I.P.E.R., S..H.A.D.O.W. and A.E.G.I.S. (with FORCE Ops in smack in the middle of it). When it was all said and done the majority of Dragon Branch were captured along with dozens of V.I.P.E.R.'s agents and taken into custody by A.E.G.I.S.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Boomslang

Post by Tattooedman » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:10 pm

Boomslang:
PL:
Strength 6
Stamina 6
Agility 4
Dexterity 4
Fighting 4
Intellect 0
Awareness 2
Presence 0

Skills: Acrobatics 3 (+7), Athletics 4 (+10), Expertise [Criminal] 6 (+6), Expertise [Soldier] 8 (+8.), Insight 8 (+10), Intimidation 8 (+8.), Perception 8 (+10), Ranged Combat [] 2 (+10), Stealth 4 (+10), Technology 7 (+7), Vehicles [Land] 4 (+10)

Advantages: All-Out Attack, Close Attack 4, Diehard, Great Endurance, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 4, Teamwork

Powers: Stronger than he looks: Enhanced Strength 2 (Flaw: Limited [Lifting Only])

VXR-51 Mini Railguns: (Removable –6 pts) [28 pp]
Armor Piercing Rounds: Ranged Damage 10 (Extra: Penetrating)
-Grenade Rounds: Ranged Damage 10 (Extra: Area [Burst])
-Flare Rounds: Ranged Affliction 10 [Vision Impaired, Vision Disabled, Vision Unaware; resisted by Fortitude] (Extra: Cumulative)
-Non-Lethal Rounds: Ranged Affliction 10 [Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated; resisted by Fortitude]
-Bolo Rounds: Ranged Affliction 10 [Hindered & Vulnerable, Defenseless & Immobilized; resisted by Dodge] (Extras: Cumulative, Extra Condition); (Flaw: Limited Degree)

Modified VIPER Armor: (Removable –1 pt) [6 pp]
Armor Plates: Protection 4
Protective Visor: Immunity 5 [visual Affliction Effects] (Flaw: Half Effective)

Offense: Initiative +
Melee Attack +8 // Unarmed Damage +6
Ranged Attack +8 // VXR-51 Mini Railguns Attack +10 // VXR-51 Mini Railguns Damage +10

Parry +10
Toughness +10*/+6 [*Modified VIPER Armor]
Fortitude +11
Will +9

Costs: Abilities 52+ Skills 20+ Advantages 15+ Powers 36+ Defenses 24= 147 pts.

Height: 6’ 2”
Weight: 230 lbs
Hair: Brown

Complications:
Problems with Authority: Boomslang is a loner who’d much rather be doing what interests him and little else. If someone tried to force him to be accountable for his actions all they get in response is a noncommittal shrug and an answer in his slow, Southern draw. It’s not outright disrespect but he does ignore many orders and gets away with it now only because of his being a part of Dragon Branch.

Love of Guns: Boomslang is happiest when he’s in the middle of a fire-fight, guns blazing with weapon discharges going off all around him. Often times Boomslang will pull his mini-rail guns out and start firing the first chance he’ll get, even if it wouldn’t be the best way to handle a situation.

Background: Ezekiel ‘Zeke’ Hamilton grew up on a farm in northern Arkansas and can barely remember a time he didn’t have a gun of some kind in his hands. At seven years old Zeke got his first BB gun, then a lady’s rifle at ten, graduating to his father’s hand-me-down hunting rifle when he started high school.

Zeke didn’t care much for school, each year he passed on to the next grade but he wasn’t a good student and he barely attended classes at all. At home it wasn’t much different, Zeke’s three older brothers helped their father around the farm and he was left wander the neighboring woods with his BB gun or rifle, hunting squirrels, doves or whatever else might cross his path.

When he was sixteen, Zeke was caught by a local game warden shooting ducks on the water and he was fined and made to perform public service (working with the game warden for six months). Not that he learned anything from that punishment and a year later when he was caught field dressing a three point buck out of season Zeke’s parents chose to send him into the military to avoid his being sent to jail.

In the Army Zeke displayed a talent for firearms and was trained as a sniper but his laconic and disrespectful attitude earned him several trips to the stockade and eventually dishonorably discharged. Zeke drifted for a little bit before being approached by VIPER, who closely monitors military discharges and Zeke was flagged for recruitment. He’d been rated an expert sniper with a discipline problem, something that VIPER is always interested in.

Zeke accepted the offer with a shrug but he didn’t make a good VIPER agent. The same problems that Zeke had in the Army - not doing what he was told when he was told to - followed him into VIPER. As long as Zeke was with fellow agents on a mission, he was fine, a boon to the nest but when it came time for the routine chores and training, Zeke was absent more often than not. So when a call came for subjects in VIPER’s latest experiment in creating super-soldiers, called the Coil-Gene Treatment, Zeke’s superior was more than happy to get rid of the incessant and quiet challenge to her authority.

Of all the subjects who took part in the Coil-Gene Treatment, only Zeke and one other, Aziz Singh (now known as Krait), were the only survivors and both had radically different abilities. Zeke became stronger and more resistant to injury than a normal person (nothing really superhuman but he was equal to Olympic level athletes) and he gained some minor snake-like mutations (scaly skin, snake eyes and fangs). And while those changes weren’t going to let Zeke take on the likes of Captain Thunder and win, it did give him some options.

Options like using weapons that most agents couldn’t begin to carry without powered armor, specifically the VXR-51. A multi-weapon system that was capable of discharging various rounds but due to the heavy frame needed be able to fire those rounds the VXR wasn’t a viable choice for VIPER’s normal agents.

But Zeke could now carry it, in fact he could carry two of them.

Plus something changed in his mentality. Where as Zeke had been curt and silently rude to those ranking above him, he was now a loyal agent. Following orders better than he’d ever done, not that he’s still wasn't something of a loner who preferrd to do things his way, now Zeke would at least follow a basic training structure. As part of Dragon Branch as Boomslang, Zeke has come to act as support to the others super powered agents, laying down lines of fire and other specialty ammunition that is best suited to the situation he finds himself in. Several of the established members of Dragon Branch still aren’t sure what to think of Boomslang, though Constrictor has taken a liking to the new recruit and the pair have started to hang out more and more often during their down time.

Recently Boomslang and the other members of Dragon Branch were involved in a fight with S.H.A.D.O.W. over V.I.P.E.R.'s expansion of operations, so much so that they were hitting all of the major Nests in Bay City and New York. A.E.G.I.S. had picked up on the pattern and had already figured out which parts of Freedom City V.I.P.E.R. had their Nests hidden and had recruited FORCE Ops to help them in mitigating the collateral damage of the fight. Basically it devolved into a three-way fight between V.I.P.E.R., S..H.A.D.O.W. and A.E.G.I.S. (with FORCE Ops in smack in the middle of it). When it was all said and done the majority of Dragon Branch were captured along with dozens of V.I.P.E.R.'s agents and taken into custody by A.E.G.I.S.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Constrictor

Post by Tattooedman » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:11 pm

Constrictor:
PL:
Strength 8
Stamina 8
Agility 4
Dexterity 4
Fighting 6
Intellect 0
Awareness 1
Presence 1

Skills: Acrobatics 3 (+7), Athletics 6 (+14), Expertise [Criminal] 6 (+6), Expertise [Professional Wrestling] 8 (+8.), Insight 8 (+9), Intimidation 12 (+13), Perception 8 (+9), Stealth 6 (+10), Vehicles [Land] 3 (+7)

Advantages: Chokehold, Close Attack 2, Equipment 4, Fast Grab, Great Endurance, Improved Critical [Unarmed] 2, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4, Seize Initiative, Startle

Powers: Snake-Man Hybrid:
Elongation 4
Enhanced Strength 4 (Flaw: Limited [Lifting Only])
Immunity 1 [Poison]
Impervious Toughness 8
Movement 2 [Wall-Crawling 2]
Regeneration 5
Senses 1 [Infravision]

Offense: Initiative +4
Melee Attack +8 // Unarmed Damage +8
Ranged Attack +8

Parry +8
Toughness +8* [*Impervious]
Fortitude +10
Will +6

Equipment: Snake-Man Arsenal: (20 ep)
VG-1 Frag Grenades [Ranged Burst Area Damage 5]
-VG-7 Strobe Grenade [Ranged Burst Area Dazzle 4]
-VG-3 Concussion Grenades [Ranged Burst Area Damage 5]
-VG-5 Knockout Grenades [Ranged Cloud Area Sleep 4]
-VG-9 Obscuring Grenades [Ranged Cloud Area Concealment Attack 4]
-VG-11 Gas Grenades [Ranged Cloud Area Affliction 4]

Costs: Abilities 64+ Skills 20+ Advantages 20+ Powers 27+ Defenses 13= 144 pts.

Height: 6’ 8”
Weight: 310 lbs
Hair: None
Eye Color: Yellow

Complications:
Criminal Life: Constrictor’s identity as Jack Dunnet is known to law enforcement agencies.

Feared Snakeman: Most of the general public knows that Constrictor is a superhuman agent of VIPER.

TV Wrestler Turned Supercrook: As a result of his early years in professional sports entertainment, Constrictor tends to talk a lot of trash while in the middle of fighting, show off as much as he can and if anyone is disrespectful or obnoxious with him then he will deal with them in a violent manner from that point on.

Background: Constrictor was a recruit for VIPER’s Dragon Branch, his powers resulting from an experimental serum VIPER had tested out years earlier on prison inmates under the disguise of creating new anti-venoms. VIPER had been keeping tabs on those men and when Constrictor’s powers finally manifested they quickly stepped in an convinced him that VIPER was the best place for him to go, given his new inhuman looks. Constrictor bought it all hook, line and sinker, quickly becoming a dependable agent who would go wherever told and do his job as best he could. Constrictor is what would be considered a normal guy under his scales. He likes drinking beer, checking out pretty girls and watching a good game of football, MMA or (of course) wrestling. Overall he’s a pretty laid back kind of guy. Though he shouldn’t be underestimated, his time in prison has left some lasting scars in his behaviors: Constrictor always watches his back, never fully trusting anyone and demonstrates his strength whenever it’s appropriate to discourage people from messing with him. Then if someone does cross one of his lines, Constrictor will deal with them quickly and very violently.

When he does get into a fight, Constrictor knows his best bet is to stick with what he knows, which is wrestling. His powers compliment his preferred way of fighting, often times Constrictor will lay in wait and then reach out and snag a foe from behind as he wraps them up but he‘s not against a face-to-face slugfest if he can‘t find a place to hide himself away in.

Recently Constrictor and the other members of Dragon Branch were involved in a fight with S.H.A.D.O.W. over V.I.P.E.R.'s expansion of operations, so much so that they were hitting all of the major Nests in Bay City and New York. A.E.G.I.S. had picked up on the pattern and had already figured out which parts of Freedom City V.I.P.E.R. had their Nests hidden and had recruited FORCE Ops to help them in mitigating the collateral damage of the fight. Basically it devolved into a three-way fight between V.I.P.E.R., S..H.A.D.O.W. and A.E.G.I.S. (with FORCE Ops in smack in the middle of it). When it was all said and done the majority of Dragon Branch were captured along with dozens of V.I.P.E.R.'s agents and taken into custody by A.E.G.I.S.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Diamondback

Post by Tattooedman » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:12 pm

Diamondback:
PL:
Strength 6
Stamina 6
Agility 8
Dexterity 8
Fighting 4
Intellect 2
Awareness 3
Presence0

Skills: Athletics 4 (+10), Expertise [Criminal] 10 (+12), Insight 9 (+12), Intimidation 12 (+12), Investigation 6 (+8.), Perception 6 (+9), Stealth 4 (+12)

Advantages: Close Attack 4, Daze [Intimidation], Fast Grab, Great Endurance, Improved Trip, Power Attack

Powers: Snake-Man Hybrid:
Enhanced Advantages [Animal Empathy, Improved Initiative]
Immunity 1 [Own Powers]
Movement 1 [Environmental Adaptation (Aquatic)]
Protection 2
Senses 4 [Olfactory (Accurate, Extended, Tracking)]
Swimming 3
-Alt. Effect: Leaping 3
Fangs & Claws: Strength-Based Damage 2 (Feat: Improved Critical 2)

Acidic Venom:
Weaken Toughness 8 (Extra: Affects Objects); (Feat: Reach 4)
-Alt. Effect: Weaken Stamina 8 (Feat: Reach 4)

Offense: Initiative +12
Melee Attack +8 // Unarmed Damage +6 // Fangs & Claws Damage +8; critical 18-20
Ranged Attack +8

Parry +8
Toughness +8
Fortitude +8
Will +8

Costs: Abilities 74+ Skills 17+ Advantages 9+ Powers 32+ Defenses 11= 143 pts.

Height: 6’ 3”
Weight: 280 lbs
Eye Color: Yellowish-Orange

Complications:
Feared Snakeman: Diamondback is well known as a superhuman agent of VIPER.

Low Down, Dirty Snake: Diamondback is known for being ruthless, cruel and sadistic in a fight and will maim foes with little provocation.

Normal Life: Diamondback’s identity as Bernard Jamison isn’t known to any law enforcement agencies.

Snake Man: Diamondback looks like a snake made into human form as a result of the experiments done to him that gave him his powers.

Background: Diamondback started out just a low-level member of VIPER named Bernard Jamison, who saw volunteering for the latest program to create superhuman agents as a way to get further along in the organization than to simply rely on his trigger finger. He just wasn’t ready for all the consequences of the experiments: a combination of operations and drug treatments that spliced several different types of serpent DNA into Bernard’s system. The resulting mutations caused Bernard’s body to become more reptilian than mammal over a period of several pain filled months. At first Diamondback, as Bernard was named by his superiors in VIPER, was a angry engine of destruction over his transformation but as the years have gone by he has learned to enjoy the power he has and now wouldn’t change a thing about his life.

Diamondback is often put on jobs that allow him to take advantage of his amphibious nature and although Constrictor is physically stronger, Diamondback is more varied in his combat options: able to poison foes, generate an acidic venom, while still being much more physically able than a normal human in addition to his ability to survive underwater for extended periods of time. Though it is interesting to mention that Diamondback has developed several snake-like traits over the years in his personality: a disliking of cold temperatures with a preference for hotter than average environments. He will spend much of his free time in the Nest’s saunas, hot tubs and even the pool from time to time.

Personality wise, Diamondback is just as ruthless as the snake he is named after. He has no care for the lives or feelings of anyone else (aside form those more powerful than he is, such as the Supreme Serpent). When in a fight, Diamondback looks for every cheap, dirty shot he can take so he can inflict as much pain as possible. When the fighting is done he will often interrogate any captured enemies, preferring to use his acidic venom to help loosen their tongues.

Recently Diamondback and the other members of Dragon Branch were involved in a fight with S.H.A.D.O.W. over V.I.P.E.R.'s expansion of operations, so much so that they were hitting all of the major Nests in Bay City and New York. A.E.G.I.S. had picked up on the pattern and had already figured out which parts of Freedom City V.I.P.E.R. had their Nests hidden and had recruited FORCE Ops to help them in mitigating the collateral damage of the fight. Basically it devolved into a three-way fight between V.I.P.E.R., S..H.A.D.O.W. and A.E.G.I.S. (with FORCE Ops in smack in the middle of it). When it was all said and done the majority of Dragon Branch were captured along with dozens of V.I.P.E.R.'s agents and taken into custody by A.E.G.I.S.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Halfjack

Post by Tattooedman » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:15 pm

Halfjack:
PL:
Strength 4
Stamina 4
Agility 4
Dexterity 4
Fighting 6
Intellect 1
Awareness 3
Presence 0

Skills: Athletics 6 (+10), Expertise [Science] 6 (+7), Expertise [Soldier] 7 (+8.), Insight 8 (+11), Intimidation 10 (+10), Perception 8 (+11), Ranged Combat [Built-In Weapons] 4 (+10), Stealth 6 (+10), Technology 4 (+5), Vehicles [Air] 4 (+8.), Vehicles [Land] 4 (+8.)

Advantages: Close Attack 4, Daze [Intimidation], Power Attack, Ranged Attack 2, Startle

Powers: Cybernetic Body:
Cyber Armor: Protection 8 (Extra: Impervious 10)
Onboard Computer & Built-In Cybernetic Systems: Enhanced Advantages 4 [Eidetic Memory, Improved Initiative, Precise Attack (ranged; cover), Uncanny Dodge]
Onboard Sensors: 8 [Extended Vision, Infravision, Hearing (Accurate, Acute, Extended), Direction Sense, Time Sense]
Leg Servos: Leaping 3
Sensory Shield: Immunity 10 [Audio/Visual Dazzle Effects]

Built-In Weapons:
Forearm Laser: Ranged Damage 10 (Extra: Penetrating)
-Arm Blades: Strength-Based Damage 6 (Extra: Penetrating 10); (Feat: Improved Critical 3)
-Ion Cannon: Ranged Damage 10 (Extra: Area [Burst])
-Muscular Constrictor Beam: Ranged Affliction 10 [Hindered, Immobile, Paralyzed; resisted by Fortitude] (Extra: Cumulative)
-Scramblers: Ranged Affliction [Vision Impaired, Vision Disable, Vision Unaware; resisted by Fortitude] (Extra: Cumulative)
-Stun Ray: Ranged Affliction 10 [Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated; resisted by Fortitude]

Offense: Initiative +8
Melee Attack +8 // Unarmed Damage +4 // Arm Blade Damage +10; critical 17-20
Ranged Attack +6 // Built-In Weapons Attack +10 // Forearm Laser/Ion Cannon Damage +10

Parry +8
Toughness +12*
Fortitude +8
Will +8

Costs: Abilities 52+ Skills 23+ Advantages 9+ Powers 78+ Defenses 15= 177 pts.

Height: 6’
Weight: 800 lbs

Complications:
A Love/Hate Thing: Halfjack has always had trouble adjusting to his condition as a cyborg, sometimes he thinks gaining his cybernetic half is the greatest thing that could have happened to him while other times he loathes them since they separate him from the rest of humanity.

Blood-Thirsty: Halfjack will kill any foes he deals with for no other reason than he simply wants to.

Public Enemy: Halfjack’s identity as James Smith is known to law enforcement agencies.

Weakness: Halfjack is vulnerable to electrical based attacks, and they do more damage to him.

Background: Halfjack was a grunt level agent in VIPER that took a stray energy blast at point blank range, causing serious injuries across 80% of his body. Somehow his team managed to bring him back to base where it was discovered he was still alive by sheer force of will. VIPER doctors decided that due to his injuries and his obvious will power that Halfjack’s survival rested in turning him into a cyborg. They spent the better part of five days performing all the needed surgeries to implant all the systems he’d need to live.

After months of recovery Halfjack went from being an over aggressive agent who was prone to sudden acts of violence during a mission to an almost psychotic cyborg that is borderline manic-depressive with the power of a tank. Halfjack is often sent into the field when a team needs heavy back up for a mission or to act as the distraction so the team can do the mission without interference. Either way Halfjack gets to vent his frustrations and anger on some poor souls.

For a long part of his career Halfjack was easy pickings in a fight due to the remaining organic part of his body. Simply wail on the human half and he was done, within the last 8 months VIPER techs have been able to finally perfect a small enough force field generator that fit into his cybernetic frame. Now Halfjack can enter combat without having to worry about being a glass jawed brick anymore. Halfjack was a Scarlet Serpent before his transformation, he had undergone extra training in certain areas (like demolitions, heavy weapons, piloting and driving) and has been able to adapt his skills to his placement into the world of superhumans with little trouble. Along the last couple years Halfjack has also managed to pick up some of the basics of tech work from watching VIPER scientists work on his cybernetics. He can’t create any new weapons or improve any of his features but in a pinch and given time and parts, Halfjack could make good repairs on himself in the field.

For the most part in a fight Halfjack plays it smart and will unload on a target with his ranged weapon systems, trying to soften them up for others or himself (and if the second case he’ll then quickly move into melee). If a target is resistant to is laser or ion cannon, Halfjack will switch out to the more exotic paralyzer and stunner. He’s also fond of using bystanders against heroes too, knowing that 99% of them will put themselves in a compromising position to protect them. So Halfjack will often target the surroundings so that he can take advantage of that fact.

Recently Halfjack and the other members of Dragon Branch were involved in a fight with S.H.A.D.O.W. over V.I.P.E.R.'s expansion of operations, so much so that they were hitting all of the major Nests in Bay City and New York. A.E.G.I.S. had picked up on the pattern and had already figured out which parts of Freedom City V.I.P.E.R. had their Nests hidden and had recruited FORCE Ops to help them in mitigating the collateral damage of the fight. Basically it devolved into a three-way fight between V.I.P.E.R., S..H.A.D.O.W. and A.E.G.I.S. (with FORCE Ops in smack in the middle of it). When it was all said and done the majority of Dragon Branch were captured along with dozens of V.I.P.E.R.'s agents and taken into custody by A.E.G.I.S.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Krait

Post by Tattooedman » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:18 pm

Krait:
PL:
Strength 2
Stamina 2
Agility 10 (2)
Dexterity 10 (2)
Fighting 6
Intellect 2
Awareness 3
Presence 1

Skills: Acrobatics 3 (+13), Athletics 6 (+8.), Deception 12 (+13), Expertise [Criminal] 9 (+11), Investigation 9 (+11), Persuasion 9 (+10), Stealth 3 (+13)

Advantages: Close Attack 4, Contacts, Daze [Deception], Improved Feint, Luck [Determination] 2, Power Attack, Set-Up, Teamwork

Powers: Neurokinesis Array:
Sensory Shutdown: Affliction 10 [Sense Impaired, Sense Disabled, Sense Unaware; resisted by Will] (Extras: Broad [all senses], Cumulative, Selective, Simultaneous)
-Neural Overload: Affliction 10 [Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated; resisted by Will] (Extra: Cumulative)
-Neural Surge: Damage 10 (Extra: Alternate Resistance [Will])

Deadened Nerves: Protection 8
Neural Streamlining:
Enhanced Agility 8
Enhanced Dexterity 8
Enhanced Advantages 4 [Agile Feint, Improved Initiative 2, Move-By Action]
Quickness 5
Speed 5
Shielded Neural Pathways: Enhanced Will 5 (Flaw: Limited [Only vs. Mental Effects])

Offense: Initiative +18
Melee Attack +10 // Unarmed Damage +2 // Neural Surge Damage +10
Ranged Attack +10

Parry +10
Toughness +10
Fortitude +8
Will +7 [+12 vs. Mental Effects]

Costs: Abilities 44+ Skills 17+ Advantages 12+ Powers 109+ Defenses 14= 196 pts.

Height: 5’ 9”
Weight: 157 lbs
Hair: Black

Complications:
Power & Respect: Krait wants more personal power and to respected for his skills and powers. Those that do not give him both often find themselves the target of one of his plans to remove them from Krait’s way.

Rivalry ~Sidewinder: Having something of a similar set of base powers, Krait is always trying to make himself look better than VIPER’s other resident speedster, Sidewinder.

Background: Aziz Singh was born and raised in poverty in New York city, his parents immigrants from Pakistan and they struggled to make ends meet. Aziz enlisted in the Army when he was only seventeen, his parents signing on the dotted line to allow their underage son to do so. Aziz managed to impress his instructors well enough to be elevated in rank by the time he graduated boot camp and started his schooling for heavy vehicle combat (tank pilot!).

After school Aziz went on to serve his time, happy to be able to support himself better than his folks had been able to. The only problem he had was with some of his fellow soldiers, Aziz had joined after Operation: Desert Storm and prejudices against people of his nationality were high at the time. The pranks and hazing Aziz was subjected to slowly turned the already angry young man hostile, and eventually he started fighting with the other members of his unit until he was finally discharged for conduct unbecoming.

VIPER wasted no time in picking up someone like Aziz, angry at the world and specially trained by the military, they saw how they could focus his anger for their purposes and he was soon at their training academy where Aziz found he excelled at torturing for information. After graduating VIPER Academy Aziz did well at his assigned nest, raising in rank through a combination of skill and treachery (his rivals falling victim to small plots Aziz set into motion) and eventually he was the head of his nest’s armored vehicle division and could go no further. Hearing that VIPER was looking for volunteers for their newest program to create super soldiers Aziz jumped at the chance to join Dragon Branch, knowing that it’s members were given more personal power within VIPER.

When it was all said and done Aziz was one of the few surviving members of the Coil-Gene Treatment and had developed a set of powers that the scientists called ‘Neurokinesis’ and allowed him to manipulate the neural pathways of other people’s brains as well as his own. At the moment Krait, as Aziz is now known, is one of the newer members of Dragon Branch and is often sent out on missions to prove his worth to the more established members of Dragon Branch. Something that annoys Krait at the moment but he realizes that he’s one of the low men in Dragon Branch and is already starting to see who gets along with who and who doesn’t in Dragon Branch and has started laying the groundwork for a couple plots to remove those members who would be more likely to stand in his way.

Recently Krait and the other members of Dragon Branch were involved in a fight with S.H.A.D.O.W. over V.I.P.E.R.'s expansion of operations, so much so that they were hitting all of the major Nests in Bay City and New York. A.E.G.I.S. had picked up on the pattern and had already figured out which parts of Freedom City V.I.P.E.R. had their Nests hidden and had recruited FORCE Ops to help them in mitigating the collateral damage of the fight. Basically it devolved into a three-way fight between V.I.P.E.R., S..H.A.D.O.W. and A.E.G.I.S. (with FORCE Ops in smack in the middle of it). When it was all said and done the majority of Dragon Branch were captured along with dozens of V.I.P.E.R.'s agents and taken into custody by A.E.G.I.S.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Kryogen

Post by Tattooedman » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:20 pm

Kryogen:
PL:
Strength 2
Stamina 2
Agility 3
Dexterity 3
Fighting 4
Intellect 1
Awareness 1
Presence 1

Skills: Acrobatics 4 (+7), Deception 9 (+10), Expertise [Computes] 6 (+7), Expertise [Criminal] 6 (+7), Expertise [Cryogenics] 6 (+7), Insight 7 (+8.), Perception 6 (+7), Persuasion 6 (+7), Ranged Combat [Polar Energy Generation Array] 4 (+10), Stealth 6 (+9), Vehicles [Land] 4 (+7)

Advantages: Close Attack 4, Daze [Deception], Improved Feint, Improved Initiative, Luck [Determination], Luck [Determined Recovery], Move-By Action, Power Attack, Precise Attack [ranged; cover], Ranged Attack 3, Teamwork

Powers: Polar Energy Generation Array:
Cold Energy Shot: Ranged Damage 10 (Extra: Penetrating)
-Ice Darts: Ranged Damage 10 (Extra: Multiattack)
-Ice Trap: Ranged Affliction 10 [Hindered & Vulnerable, Defenseless & Immobilized; resisted by Dodge] (Extras: Cumulative, Extra Condition); (Flaw: Limited Degree)
-Ice Wave: Damage 10 (Extra: Area [Cone])
-Frozen Land: Environment 7 [extreme cold] & Environment 7 [impede movement 2]
-Snow Storm: Visual Concealment 4 (Extras: Area, Attack)

Ice Armor:
Visual Concealment 2 (Feat: Close)
Protection 8

Ice Slide: Flight 4 (Flaw: Platform)
No Stranger to the Cold: Immunity 11 [Cold Effects, Own Powers]

Offense: Initiative +7
Melee Attack +8
Ranged Attack +6 // Polar Energy Generation Array Attack +10 // Polar Energy Generation Array Damage +10

Parry +8
Toughness +10*/+2 [*Ice Armor]
Fortitude +7
Will +6

Costs: Abilities 34+ Skills 24+ Advantages 16+ Powers 63+ Defenses 21= 161 pts.

Height: 5’ 8”
Weight: 142 lbs
Hair: Blonde
Eye Color: Blue

Complications:
A Cool Guy: A byproduct of Kryogen’s powers is that his body is a constant 30 degrees cooler than the average person. It is noticeable to any who touch his skin, so Kryogen normally wears long-sleeved shirts and pants to keep it from being noticed, even during summer months. A small use of his powers allow him to keep himself cool underneath all the clothing.

I’m the “Ice Guy”, Remember?: Kryogen suffers from pyrophobia (fear of fire), mostly because how fire/heat attacks render him defenseless and hurt him more than other attacks do.

Background: Another member of VIPER’s Dragon Branch that was recruited into the organization, Kryogen ran away from home when his friends and family discovered his powers. He lived on the road and made his way from Oregon to Boston where he used his powers in minor ways to provide for himself. This led him to the attention of VIPER who quickly brought the young man into their coils, since then he’s been one of the most loyal agents. Feeling that his life would be way worse if it hadn’t been for them.

Not content to simply be muscle for VIPER, Kyrogen has taken advantage of several chances to learn various subjects that appealed to him: computers, genetics, and the study of cryogenics. Because of those studies he has an excellent understanding of his powers and how to use them in various ways, it’s not strange to see him pull out a new stunt during a fight to throw his foes off balance. Because Kryogen’s looks are so normal compared to the rest of Dragon Branch he is often times sent into places to check them out before they hit them. When he goes into action he creates an ice mask which holds to his face, leaving only holes for his eyes and mouth in it while his costume is the usual blue with white motif popular for cold manipulators.

Recently Kyrogen and the other members of Dragon Branch were involved in a fight with S.H.A.D.O.W. over V.I.P.E.R.'s expansion of operations, so much so that they were hitting all of the major Nests in Bay City and New York. A.E.G.I.S. had picked up on the pattern and had already figured out which parts of Freedom City V.I.P.E.R. had their Nests hidden and had recruited FORCE Ops to help them in mitigating the collateral damage of the fight. Basically it devolved into a three-way fight between V.I.P.E.R., S..H.A.D.O.W. and A.E.G.I.S. (with FORCE Ops in smack in the middle of it). When it was all said and done the majority of Dragon Branch were captured along with dozens of V.I.P.E.R.'s agents and taken into custody by A.E.G.I.S.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Oculon

Post by Tattooedman » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:20 pm

Oculon:
PL:
Strength 1
Stamina 2
Agility 2
Dexterity 2
Fighting 4
Intellect 5 (0)
Awareness 3
Presence 1

Skills: Athletics 6 (+7), Deception 9 (+10), Expertise [Computers] 6 (+11), Expertise [Criminal] 6 (+11), Expertise [Science] 6 (+11), Insight 7 (+10), Intimidation 7 (+8.), Perception 7 (+10), Ranged Combat [Eyebeams Array] 2 (+8.), Stealth 6 (+8.)

Advantages: Close Attack 4, Daze [Deception], Defensive Roll 3, Equipment, Improved Aim, Power Attack, Precise Attack [ranged; cover], Ranged Attack 4, Set-Up, Taunt, Teamwork

Powers: Alien Eyes:
Eyebeams: Ranged Damage 12 (Extra: Penetrating); (Feat: Precise)
-Wide-Angle Beam: Ranged Damage 10 (Extra: Area [Cone])
Enhanced Vision: Senses 5 [Infravision, Vision Penetrates Concealment (except energy fields or gold)]

Enhanced I.Q.:
Enhanced Advantages 6 [Beginner’s Luck, Eidetic Memory, Jack-of-All-Trades, Luck (Skilful) 2, Speed of Thought]
Enhanced Intellect 5 (Feat: Innate)

Offense: Initiative +5
Melee Attack +8 // Unarmed Damage +1
Ranged Attack +6 // Eyebeam Array Attack +8 // Eyebeam Array Damage +12

Defense: Dodge +12
Parry +10
Toughness +8*/+5** [*Costume & Defensive Roll//**Costume]
Fortitude +7
Will +9

Equipment: Costume [Protection 3; Subtle]

Costs: Abilities 30+ Skills 21+ Advantages 19+ Powers 60+ Defenses 27= 157 pts.

Height: 5’ 10”
Weight: 173 lbs
Hair: None (all his hair fell out after receiving his eye graft)
Eye Color: Red-Gold and larger than normal

Complications:
Normal Life: Oculon’s identity as Kevin Calhoun isn’t known to any law enforcement agencies.

Stop Staring!: Oculon’s eyes are the result of a unique graft from an alien, as such they do not look normal by any means. They’re red-gold in color and much larger than a normal human set of eyes.

The Walls Are Closing In On Me!: Oculon is afraid of enclosed spaces (claustrophobia).

Watch This!: Oculon loves to showoff his powers or intelligence any and every chance he gets.

Who Turned Out The Lights?!: Oculon is very afraid of losing his sight again in any way. In fact any effect that renders him blind forces him to fight back a wave of panic.

Background: Oculon is the leader of VIPER’s Dragon Branch, the division in charge of handling all the superhumans of that organization. Mostly due to his being one of the first useable agents they developed and his own intelligence. He listens to those who know what they’re talking about or gives others authority if he thinks they’ll screw it up and thus help him maintain his own powerbase in VIPER.

In a fight Oculon knows he’s fire support and stays out of melee as much as possible. He prefers to stay at range, normally from somewhere hard to reach but close enough to be heard, and take choice shots as much as he can. Oculon’s developed some technical skills over the years, a side effect of his eye graft is that his intelligence increased a large amount and he was able to quickly absorb and retain knowledge. A trait he wisely put to as much use as he could, throwing himself into increasing his worth to VIPER besides being pure muscle. He’ll often tinker with various projects that he’ll use in the field from time to time, mostly they work but he’ll stick with his eyebeams for the most part trusting in his powers to carry him through.

Recently Oculon and the other members of Dragon Branch were involved in a fight with S.H.A.D.O.W. over V.I.P.E.R.'s expansion of operations, so much so that they were hitting all of the major Nests in Bay City and New York. A.E.G.I.S. had picked up on the pattern and had already figured out which parts of Freedom City V.I.P.E.R. had their Nests hidden and had recruited FORCE Ops to help them in mitigating the collateral damage of the fight. Basically it devolved into a three-way fight between V.I.P.E.R., S..H.A.D.O.W. and A.E.G.I.S. (with FORCE Ops in smack in the middle of it). When it was all said and done the majority of Dragon Branch were captured along with dozens of V.I.P.E.R.'s agents and taken into custody by A.E.G.I.S.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Sidewinder

Post by Tattooedman » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:21 pm

Sidewinder:
PL:
Strength 2
Stamina 4
Agility 6
Dexterity 6
Fighting 4
Intellect 0
Awareness 2
Presence 2

Skills: Acrobatics 5 (+11), Athletics 6 (+8.), Deception 6 (+8.), Expertise [Criminal] 6 (+6), Insight 6 (+8.), Investigation 8 (+8.), Perception 9 (+11), Persuasion 3 (+5), Ranged Combat [Gauntlet Blasters] 6 (+12), Stealth 6 (+12), Technology 14 (+14)

Advantages: Close Attack 6, Daze [Deception], Equipment, Improved Feint, Power Attack, Precise Attack [ranged; cover], Set-Up, Teamwork

Powers: Superhuman Speed:
Enhanced Dodge 5
Enhanced Parry 5
Enhanced Advantages 9 [Agile Feint, Great Endurance, Improved Initiative 4, Move-By Action, Tough 2]
Enhanced Skills 9 [Acrobatics +5, Investigation +8 (Limited [Search only]), Technology +14 (Limited [only to disabling security])].
Quickness 8
Movement 3 [Wall-Crawling 2, Water Walking] (Flaw: Quirk [Only while running])
Speed 8

High Speed Attacks Array:
Hail o’ Fists: Strength-Based Damage 8 (Extra: Multiattack 10); (Feat: Improved Critical 2)
-Rapid Attack: Strength-Based Damage 8 (Extra: Area [Burst]);
-Hyper Punch: Strength-Based Damage 8 (Extra: Penetrating 10)

Gauntlet Blasters: (Removable –3 pts) [13 pp]
Ion Discharge: Ranged Damage 8

Offense: Initiative +22
Melee Attack +10 Unarmed Damage +2 // High Speed Attacks Array Damage +10
Ranged Attack +6 // Gauntlet Blasters Attack +12 // Gauntlet Blasters Damage +8

Defense: Dodge +11
Parry +11
Toughness +9*/+4**
Fortitude +8
Will +6

Equipment: Armored Suit [Protection 5]

Costs: Abilities 52+ Skills 17+ Advantages 13+ Powers 82+ Defenses 8= 172 pts.

Height: 5’ 9”
Weight: 160 lbs
Hair: Black

Complications;
Criminal Life: Sidewinder’s identity as Michael Ramirez is known to law enforcement agencies.

Here’s the Plan: Sidewinder spends a lot of time developing the plan for each assignment, to the point where he has several contingencies and back-up plans in case anything goes wrong.

Lemme GO!: Because of his powers depend on his being able to move and Sidewinder enjoys cutting loose and feeling the wind in his face, he has a strong fear of being held down or in a confined space. His time in prison also hasn’t helped him any with this problem.

Background: One of VIPER’s early success’ creating superhumans, Sidewinder is their answer for a speedster. Though he’s nowhere near as fast as most his heroic counterparts, Sidewinder is much physically tougher than other speedsters and that gives him options they don’t have. But Sidewinder has managed to develop a few of the “classic” tricks: raining down fists on a foe in the blink of an eye, running up walls and across water surfaces just to name a few. One trick Sidewinder has gotten good with is deal with security systems at super speeds, it only takes him a few seconds normally and he’s figured out the access code.

Between his padded armored costume and enhanced physicality Sidewinder is able to ram into foes with little injury to himself, but he tends to save that trick for his last resort. It has backfired on him before and he’s leery of it happening again, but if he can catch a foe unaware he can send them flying backwards through the air. Otherwise Sidewinder is like most bad guys: lots of trash talking and cheap verbal shots at heroes to put them off their game and give him the edge. He’s smart enough to be a team player and work with whoever he’s partnered with for a mission. He knows that often times he needs help dealing with heroes and will often leave his partner to be the distraction while he’ll complete the mission and then returns to lend a super-quick hand.

Recently Sidewinder and the other members of Dragon Branch were involved in a fight with S.H.A.D.O.W. over V.I.P.E.R.'s expansion of operations, so much so that they were hitting all of the major Nests in Bay City and New York. A.E.G.I.S. had picked up on the pattern and had already figured out which parts of Freedom City V.I.P.E.R. had their Nests hidden and had recruited FORCE Ops to help them in mitigating the collateral damage of the fight. Basically it devolved into a three-way fight between V.I.P.E.R., S..H.A.D.O.W. and A.E.G.I.S. (with FORCE Ops in smack in the middle of it). When it was all said and done the majority of Dragon Branch were captured along with dozens of V.I.P.E.R.'s agents and taken into custody by A.E.G.I.S.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-- Chiun

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Re: World of Freedom 3rd Edition: Starting up

Post by Thorpacolypse » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:24 pm

Good lord, man...SLEEP! :wink:

I know several of these are conversions of your 2E builds, but man, you are cranking them out.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:17 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:Good lord, man...SLEEP! :wink:

I know several of these are conversions of your 2E builds, but man, you are cranking them out.
Sleep is overrated, even at my advancing age (as my little tattooedones like to tell me; "You're old!")

Actually all of them are conversions from 2nd edition, so that helps. But mostly I can thank my job for being the kind of work that allows me free time as my machine runs (3-5 minutes per load) and with me being the kind of guy that has trouble not doing anything aside from twiddling my fingers, I work on conversion builds.

So far I'm averaging about 5 builds a night so considering the total number of builds I've got to do total I'm going to try and stick with that pace.

-- Chiun

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Shock » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:11 am

What no mention of how FORCE Tops whipped Dragon Branch all over Freedom City? :D

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:22 am

Shock wrote:What no mention of how FORCE Tops whipped Dragon Branch all over Freedom City? :D
It's on my to-do list. There are a fair amount of these characters who are in need of some minor updates.

-- Chiun

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by catsi563 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:00 pm

Not to mention how Panda tap danced on Sidewinders noggin. :P
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563