World of Freedom: FC Setting Builds....

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Charger

Post by Tattooedman » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:31 pm

Arthur Eld wrote: What Conditions does his Override Affliction inflict? I'm assuming its something similar to a mind control effect for machines.
Right you would be, it's mind control for machines so it inflicts the same conditions. Though I might go back later and change them to something else...I've been considering doing a couple of play tests with certain builds to see how they work out.
Also, I kinda think the pricing for his Visual Affliction Immunity is too high. The suggested value for Immunity to all Sensory Afflictions is 5. Vision should probably cost more than others, so 2 points for Immunity to Visual Dazzles seems to fit. That's how I've done it anyway, but you might have a different reasoning.
I mixed up the value for the Immunity, I'd meant for it to be only 2 ranks total but had forgotten to change it before I posted the build. Corrected now, thanks.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Deuce

Post by Tattooedman » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:30 am

Deuce:
PL:
Strength 0
Stamina 0
Agility 3
Dexterity 3
Fighting 0
Intellect 0
Awareness 0
Presence 1

Skills: Athletics 3 (+3), Deception 6 (+7), Expertise [Streetwise] 3 (+3), Expertise [Religion & Philosophy] 6 (+6), Insight 6 (+6), Perception 6 (+6), Persuasion 6 (+7), Stealth 6 (+9)

Advantages: Equipment

Powers: Mental Wards: Enhanced Will 5 (Flaw: Limited [Only vs. Mental Effects])

Offense: Initiative +3
Melee Attack +0
Ranged Attack +0

Defense: Dodge +4
Parry +4
Toughness +4*/+0 [*Armored Costume]
Fortitude +4
Will +9*/+4 [*Mental Wards]

Equipment: Armored Costume [Protection 4; Subtle]

Costs: Abilities 14+ Skills 14+ Advantages 1+ Powers 4+ Defenses 12= 45 pts.

Shadow-Self:
PL:
Strength 0
Stamina 0
Agility 6
Dexterity 6
Fighting 6
Intellect 0
Awareness 3
Presence 0

Skills: Acrobatics 6 (+12), Deception 12 (+12), Insight 9 (+12), Intimidation 9 (+9), Investigation 9 (+9), Perception 9 (+12), Stealth 6 (+12)

Advantages: Close Attack 4, Evasion 2, Hide In Plain Sight, Improved Feint, Improved Initiative, Second Chance [Stealth Checks], Sidekick 9 [Deuce], Skill Mastery [Stealth]

Powers: Mental Wards: Enhanced Will 5 (Flaw: Limited [Only vs. Mental Effects])

Psionic Shadow Avatar:
Shadow Body:
Enhanced Dodge 4
Enhanced Parry 4
Insubstantial 4 [incorporeal: effected by magic] (Feat: Innate); (Flaw: Permanent)
Protection 8
Shadow Sight: Senses 3 [Vision (Radius), Darkvision]
Shadow Speed: Flight 4
Shadow Touch: Damage 10 (Extras: Affects Corporeal, Alternate Resistance [Will])

Offense: Initiative +10
Melee Attack +10
Ranged Attack +6

Defense: Dodge +12
Parry +12
Toughness +8
Fortitude +8
Will +12*/+7 [*Mental Wards]

Costs: Abilities 42+ Skills 20+ Advantages 20+ Powers 68+ Defenses 16= 166 pts.

Complications:
Dark Side: Deuce’s Shadow-Self enjoys causing and spreading as much chaos and fear as it possibly can.

Secret Identity: Deuce’s identity of Angela Baker isn’t public knowledge.

Weakness: When the Shadow-Self is active, Deuce’s body is left behind.

Weakness: The Shadow-Self cannot be separated from Deuce for more than 24 hours, else it begins to suffer from a dying condition.

Background: Angela Baker was born in 1991 in Mill Valley, California, to parents who belonged to a series of “alternative” religious groups. In 2004 her mutant power first manifested at a weekend prayer meeting; as she prayed along with the rest of the congregation, she slowly slipped into unconsciousness and a diaphanous “shadow-form” and began to float around the room. Her parents and their “guru” condemned the creation as a manifestation of Angela’s sins and cast her out of the congregation, decrying the taint of Satan in her. Angela went to live with an aunt in San Francisco but the older woman had little interest in her so Angela spent most of her time on her own.

While she struggled to get along with the aid of a local church, her shadow form caused havoc on the dark streets at night. It wasn’t long before Angela, now codenamed “Deuce,” was visited by Parker Psion and soon after was a member of the Psions living in their large, hidden, underground base. Although she is grateful for Psions’ help with her powers, as well as having a place where she “belonged” for the first time in a long while, Deuce isn’t comfortable with the criminal side of the organization and has become close with fellow new member Toni who shares much of Deuce’s concerns on the Psions’ activities. What Deuce hasn’t shared is that she wonders if she doesn’t have other options besides the Psions, like Claremont Academy, a place she has heard a great deal about but wonders if Professor Psions’ views of that place aren’t entirely true.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Skyfire

Post by Tattooedman » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:31 am

Skyfire:
PL:
Strength 4
Stamina 4
Agility 4
Dexterity 4
Fighting 4
Intellect 0
Awareness 2
Presence 2

Skills: Deception 6 (+8.), Expertise [Criminal] 6 (+6), Insight 8 (+10), Intimidation 9 (+11), Perception 8 (+10), Ranged Combat [Skyfire Bracers] 6 (+10), Stealth 8 (+12)

Advantages: All-Out Attack, Close Attack 6, Improved Initiative, Luck [Determination], Move-By Action, Power Attack

Powers: Skyfire Bracers: (Removable –20 pts) [80 pp]
Power Fields: Move Object 12 (Extra: Damaging)
-Power Blast: Ranged Damage 12 (Extra: Penetrating)
-Power Constructs: Create 12 (Extra: Movable)
-Power Fist: Damage 12 (Extra: Penetrating)
-Power Pulse: Damage 12 (Extra: Area [Burst] 2)
-Power Shackles: Ranged Affliction [Hindered & Vulnerable, Defenseless & Immobilized; resisted by Dodge] (Extras: Cumulative, Extra Condition); (Flaw: Limited Degree)
-Stunning Blast: Ranged Affliction [Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated; resisted by Fortitude] (Extra: Cumulative)
Power Flight: Flight 10
Power Field: Immunity 10 [Life Support]
Power Shields:
Enhanced Dodge 2
Enhanced Parry 2
Protection 8 (Extra: Impervious 12)
Translation Feature: Comprehend 2 [speak & understand all languages]

Offense: Initiative +8
Melee Attack +10
Ranged Attack +4 // Skyfire Bracers Attack +10

Defense: Dodge +10
Parry +10
Toughness +12* [*Impervious]
Fortitude +8
Will +10

Costs: Abilities 48+ Skills 18+ Advantages 11+ Powers 80+ Defenses 20= 177 pts.

Complications:
I Might Be A Villain But I Have Standards: There are a lot of crimes that Skyfire will commit, but murder isn’t one of them.

Motivation~Greed: Skyfire wants to make money, lots and lots of it.

Secret Identity: Skyfire’s identity as Roger Harrison isn’t known to law enforcement.

Weakness: Something about the alien tech of the Bracers make Skyfire suffer more damage from Mental Attacks.

Background: Harold Jackson was one of the best and brightest test pilots in the US Air Force. Handsome, bold, decisive, and an immensely-skilled pilot, he had a bright future ahead of him.

That changed the night he saw a UFO crashed on Earth. There was a bright blur in the sky, nothing like anything he’d ever seen before, then the flash and explosion he knew could only come from a crashing aircraft. Hurrying to the scene, he found the remains of a ship that was nothing like Earth technology. He heard moans of pain from within, so without a thought for his own safety he tore off one damaged door and made his way inside.

He soon found the ship’s sole occupant — the pilot, who’d apparently fallen ill and crashed his ship. He was much taller than a human; with green skin and facial features that made it clear he hadn’t been born on Earth. Around his wrists were bracers made of some blue-black metal and set with strange gems; they glowed with an eerie light.

Seeing him through a haze of pain, the alien feebly motioned Harold forward. He began to speak, and mysteriously Harold could understand him. “Man of Earth, I sense you are a being of wisdom and honor. I am dying; I will never see my homeworld again. I bequeath to you these power bracers that I wear, that once allowed me to steer this ship. They will give you great power, which I bid you use in the causes of justice and righteousness.”

And with that he died.

Dazed and not fully understanding what had happened, Harold removed the bracers from the alien’s arms and carried them outside. Walking away from the ship be examined them carefully. They didn’t seem dangerous; it would probably be all right to put them on. And what had the alien meant about “great power”?

Harold stopped and started to put the bracers on... when a drifter stepped out of the brush, bashed him in the head with a stick, took the bracers and ran. It was only a few days later that a new supercriminal calling himself Skyfire appeared in Bay City. In the years since Skyfire has been a solo villain mainly committing robberies, though sometimes he’ll take a job if the money is right or the target is a hero he has a grudge against.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

-- Chiun

scc
Zealot
Zealot

Re: World of Freedom 3rd Edition: Odds & Ins....

Post by scc » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:52 pm

I really like Deuce. Looks like a fun character. She should have the equipment advantage.

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: World of Freedom 3rd Edition: Odds & Ins....

Post by Tattooedman » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:06 pm

scc wrote:I really like Deuce. Looks like a fun character. She should have the equipment advantage.
Thanks, I thought she'd make an interesting addition to the Psions' roster. And I've fixed her not having the Equipment advantage, thanks for pointing that out.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Evil Eye

Post by Tattooedman » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:49 pm

Evil Eye:
PL:
Strength 1
Stamina 1
Agility 3
Dexterity 3
Fighting 4
Intellect 0
Awareness 2
Presence 1

Skills: Acrobatics 3 (+6), Close Combat [Energy Tentacles] 8 (+12), Deception 8 (+9), Expertise [Pop Culture] 6 (+6), Expertise [Magic] 12 (+12), Expertise [Streetwise] 6 (+6), Insight 6 (+8.), Perception 6 (+8.), Persuasion 6 (+7), Ranged Combat [Thrown Objects] 4 (+8.), Treatment 4 (+4)

Advantages: All-out Attack, Improved Initiative, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack, Ritualist

Powers: Energy Tentacles:
Enhanced Strength 7 (Flaw: Limited [Only applies to Extra Limbs])
Elongation 3 [60 ft] (Flaw: Limited [Only applies to Extra Limbs])
Extra Limbs 4 (Extras: Projection, Sustained); (Feats: Benefit [Ambidexterity], Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Improved Hold)
Unholy Protection:
Enhanced Dodge 4
Enhanced Parry 4
Protection 7
Stepping Discs: Teleport 6 (Extras: Accurate, Portal); (Feat: Increased Mass 3 [400 lbs])
-Pocket Dimension: Dimensional Pocket 10 [25 tons]

Offense: Initiative +7
Melee Attack +4 // Energy Tentacles Attack +12
Ranged Attack +3 // Thrown Objects Attack +8

Parry +12
Toughness +8
Fortitude +7
Will +7

Costs: Abilities 30+ Skills 25+ Advantages 6+ Powers 70+ Defenses 20= 151 pts.

Height: 5’5”
Weight: 108 lbs
Hair: Black
Eye Color: Hazel

Complications:
Archimago’s Legacy: Because Evil Eye gained her powers from one of Archimago’s Artifacts, there are many in the mystical community that simply wish to see her dead.

Background: A victim of mugging by some sadistic thugs, Patricia Shorey lost an eye to their cruelty. A few days after getting home from the hospital she received a mysterious package that contained a glass eye, it was a magical artifact which allowed her to generate energy tentacles, teleport, and drag people into an alternate pocket dimension. Using the eye Pat got revenge on the thugs who tormented her but then the eye began controlling her, forcing her to commit crimes. The Eye was actually created by Archimago, one of his ways to continue terrorizing the world after his death.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Mon May 13, 2013 9:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Polarity

Post by Tattooedman » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:51 pm

Polarity:
PL:
Strength 2
Stamina 3
Agility 2
Dexterity 2
Fighting 4
Intellect 1
Awareness 1
Presence 1

Skills: Acrobatics 4 (+6), Athletics 4 (+6), Deception 7 (+8), Expertise [Magnetics] 8 (+9), Expertise [Criminal] 4 (+5), Insight 6 (+7), Intimidation 6 (+7), Perception 6 (+7), Ranged Combat [Magnetic Mastery Array] 6 (+10), Stealth 6 (+8)

Advantages: All-Out Attack, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 2

Powers: Magnetic Propulsion: Flight 10
Magnetic Senses: Senses 10 [Direction Sense, Magnetic Awareness, Detect (Metals - Accurate, Extended 2, Ranged, Radius, Penetrates Concealment)]

Magnetic Mastery Array:
Magnetic Control: Move Object 12 (Extras: Damaging, Perception); (Feats: Indirect, Precise); (Flaw: Limited [Metallic objects])
-EMP: Nullify Electronics 13 (Extra: Area [Burst] 2)
-Internal Attractions: Ranged Affliction 12 [Impaired, Stunned, Incapacitated; resisted by Fortitude] (Extras: Cumulative); (Feat: Reversible)
-Magnetic Blast: Ranged Damage 12 (Extra: Multiattack); (Feat: Variable Descriptor [Electromagnetic/Magnetic])
-Magnetic Bonds: Ranged Affliction 12 [Hindered & Vulnerable, Defenseless & Immobilized; resisted by Dodge] (Extras: Cumulative, Extra Condition); (Flaw: Limited Degree, Quirk [requires metal objects])
-Metal Manipulation: Transform 7 [Assemble/Disassemble/Shape Metal] (Extras: Continuous Duration, Perception)

Magnetic Field:
Immunity 10 [Life Support]
Protection 9 (Extra: Impervious 12)

Offense: Initiative +6
Melee Attack +4
Ranged Attack +4 // Magnetic Mastery Array Attack +10

Defense: Dodge +8
Parry +8
Toughness +12*/+3 [*Magnetic Field]
Fortitude +7
Will +6

Costs: Abilities 32+ Skills 20+ Advantages 5+ Powers 104+ Defenses 19= 180 pts.

Height: 5’9”
Weight: 170 lbs
Hair: White
Eye Color: Brown

Complications:
Motivation ~Greed: Polarity just wants to use his powers to make as much money as possible.

Reputation: Polarity is considered by much of the super criminal community to be “small time” since he likes to pull low-risk jobs.

Background: A former factory worker who turned to a life of crime when his magnetic powers manifested, Richard Moby dreams of his big score, and while hoping people won't get hurt in the process he feels better that it’s ‘them’ than him.

As Polarity, Richard tends to pull smaller jobs that are less likely to be interrupted by super heroes. He sees it as a smart way to operate and not have to worry about going to Blackstone Prison, his peers however view his criminal endeavours as those unbecoming of an actual metaman criminal and consider him as a serious criminal.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Masquerade

Post by Tattooedman » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:48 am

Masquerade:
PL:
Strength 2
Stamina 5
Agility 2
Dexterity 2
Fighting 6
Intellect 3
Awareness 4
Presence 4

Skills: Deception 9 (+13), Expertise [Acting] 12 (+16), Expertise [Current Events] 9 (+12), Expertise [Pop Culture] 6 (+9), Insight 9 (+13), Investigation 6 (+9), Perception 9 (+13), Persuasion 9 (+13), Stealth 9 (+11), Vehicles [Air] 3 (+5), Vehicles [Land] 3 (+5), Vehicles [Sea] 3 (+5)

Advantages: Eidetic Memory, Improved Initiative, Power Attack

Powers: Grue-Human Hybrid: Shapeshift 12 [60 pt pool] (Flaw: Limited [humanoid shapes only])
Self Sufficient: Immunity 6 [Disease, Poison, Sleep, Starvation, Suffocation]
Shielded Mind: Enhanced Will 6 (Flaw: Limited [Only vs Mental Effects])

Melee Attack +6
Ranged Attack +2

Parry +10
Toughness +5
Fortitude +8
Will +14*/+8 [*Shielded Mind]

Costs: Abilities 56+ Skills 29+ Advantages 3+ Powers 83+ Defenses 19= 190 pts.

Height: Unknown
Weight: Unknown
Hair: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown

Complications:
Cipher: Virtually nothing is known about Masquerade, aside from his working name. This is something that AEGIS and other law enforcement agencies would love to change and Masquerade is constantly fighting against.

Secret: Masquerade is a Grue-Human hybrid, but even he doesn’t realize it at this point in his life. It is possible that he will develop other abilities common to that race.

Background: His origins and true gender unknown, Masquerade was found abandoned by an old woman one day as a baby, who took the child to raise as her own. Two things quickly became apparent about the child; his ability to alter his shape, and his utter amoral nature. After his "mother" perished, Masquerade went into business for him, becoming a thief and mercenary for hire, as well as impersonating people and wrecking their lives for kicks. He is a foe of Foreshadow and Pseudo (who has learned that Masquerade is one of the Grue/Human hybrids created several years ago by the Meta-Mind for an eventual new invasion, though he doesn't know that Morph, another shapeshifting criminal, is one as well).
Last edited by Tattooedman on Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

the Harvester

Post by Tattooedman » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:55 am

Harvester:
PL:
Strength 8
Stamina 8
Agility 1
Dexterity 1
Fighting 8
Intellect 0
Awareness 2
Presence 0

Skills: Athletics 3 (+11), Expertise [Survival] 9 (+9), Insight 7 (+9), Intimidation 15 (+15), Perception 7 (+9), Ranged Combat [Thrown Objects] 7 (+8.), Stealth 9 (+10)

Advantages: All-Out Attack, Close Attack 2, Favored Environment [Hunting Grounds], Fearless, Hide In Plain Sight, Improved Initiative 2, Improvised Weapon, Power Attack, Startle, Takedown, Tracking

Powers: Healing Factor:
Immortality 1
Regeneration 5 (Extra: Persistent)

Inhuman:
Immunity 45 [Fortitude Effects, Mental Effects, Interaction Effects]
Impervious Toughness 8
Senses 3 [Darkvision, Low-Light Vision]

Prey Sense: Senses 7 [Detect (Prey- Accurate, Extended 3, Ranged)]

Lifetaker Sickle: (Easily Removable -12 pts) [19 pp]
Bound Magical Item: Feature 3 [ Indestructible, Linked to Owner]
Cursed Edge: Strength-Based Damage 5 (Extra: Penetrating 13) & Weaken Awareness 10

Offense: Initiative +9
Melee Attack +10
Ranged Attack +1 // Thrown Objects Attack +8

Parry +10
Toughness +8
Fortitude N/A
Will +3

Costs: Abilities 56+ Skills 20+ Advantages 13+ Powers 94+ Defenses 10= 193 pts.

Height: 6'6"
Weight: 282 lbs
Hair: Unknown
Eye Color: Red

Complicaitons:
Obsessive: The Harvester is a creature of habit. Once he focuses on prey (be it a group or single person), he will not stop until either the prey is dead or he is.

Hunting Grounds: The Harvester tends to keep to a specific hunting ground and rarely ventures from it.

Motivation ~Psychopath: There doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason to The Harvester’s hunting methods. The only common element in his victims is their misfortune of entering into his hunting ground.

Power Loss ~Life Force: The Harvester must collect life force once a month with the Lifetaker Sickle or lose his Healing Factor.

Background: To most people, the Harvester is just an urban myth, a story that people have made up to keep tourists out of the woods or to get kids to go to bed at night. Those who have lived (and somehow managed to survive) within his hunting grounds, however, know all too well how real this killer is. No one knows exactly where the Harvester came from, but he has left a trail of bodies in his wake wherever he goes. First appearing around 1980 in upstate New York, he was originally spotted after killing a band of hunters in the backwoods just a few miles north of Brentwood. When local and state police attempted to track him, the killer just seemed to vanish into the forest like he had never been there. The Harvester popped back up for another sighting a few days later near the New York/Quebec border, killing a carload of underage drinkers returning home from a party. Just like before he vanished into the woods with barely a trace once his work was done. The Harvester would later appear again across the country in various semi-remote places, killing those who were unfortunate enough to venture into his hunting grounds. During this time he was officially dubbed as “The Harvester” by members of the press, as the multiple sightings continued to be reported and the evidence of his killings were discovered by law enforcement, after one reporter made a reference to the killer’s purpose being to harvest the souls of his victims.

The truth of about the Harvester's history is that he is a creature created by one Richard Kane - a former member of the Brimstone House who had been forced out of that organization when Baron Twilight forcibly took it over. Looking to create a weapon to aid him in retaking his former position Kane summoned the spirit of the Wild Huntsman, a fae creature that was said to hunt those who were alone (either physically or spiritually), and bonded it's essence to a person he'd kiddnapped. Kane also provided the Harvester with a unique magical weapon; a sickle made from a strange kind of black-purplish metal, that possessed an edge that was able to cut through any substance.

Satisfied with his new minion, Kane then set the Harvester loose upon the world - his mission was to gather the life essessence of enough people for Kane to preform an ancient ritual that would give him enough power to forcibly take back control of the Brimstone House. Unfortunately for Kane, Count Reich learned of the Harvester and was able to recognize him for what he was - a very useful tool. Dispatching his right-hand man, Karl Kroenen, to deal with Kane, Reich soon came to be the new master of the Harvester.

Now Reich dispacthes the Harvester to randomly kill people all over the world; most often to help him prepair for necromatic rituals that require large amounts of human sacrifices, but other times just for Reich's personal enjoyment of watching the Harvester work. There have been other times Reich has used the Harvester as a kind of shock troop - sending him after a group of hereos, or even a lone one, to soften them up or distract them from something else he is planning.

Regardless, it seems that the legend of the Harvester will continue for a long time unless someone is able to figure out a way undo the ritual that first bonded the spirit of the Wild Huntsman to it's human host.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Mon May 13, 2013 9:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

PSI Background

Post by Tattooedman » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:03 am

PSI Background:

The story of PSI, the Parapsychological Studies Institute, began in 1990 when the National Institute of Health formed a task force to study beneficial human mutations in general and psionic and psychokinetic powers in particular. The scientist they put in charge of the program was Doctor Sebastian Poe, a prodigy in his mid-20s who’d already published several papers on the topic of what he referred to as “cerebellic genetic deviations.” Poe had several theories about psionics, most interestingly that while everyone was born with some level of psionic potential, certain combinations of proteins and other chemicals could greatly enhance the powers of those who had already some small smattering of psionic talent. What nobody knew however was that Doctor Poe had been in contact with Parker Psion for many years and much of his research and theories were based on work the two of them had collaborated on during that time.

Unfortunately however Poe was unable to prove his theories quickly enough; his funding was cut in 1994. But Poe believed he was very close to a breakthrough, so he opened a private research company called the Parapsychological Studies Institute in Arcadia with his own funds and since he no longer had the government providing him with patients to experiment on, he hired Trace, a private detective who’d already manifested psychic tracking abilities, to help him find subjects for his experiments.

In 1995 Poe had his breakthrough - developing what he called the “PSI Serum.” His first subject was himself, and he amplified his own psychic potential to the point where he could actually perceive the world through other people’s senses. Thrilled by his success, he also began experimenting on his own infant son Kevin, though at first this had no obvious effect.

In 1996, Poe took the Parapsychological Studies Institute public with the announced goal of studying psionic abilities and training young psychics to use their powers. But this was just a facade; Poe simply wanted to learn more about psionics and further develop his serum. Things went very well at first, but then Poe’s other personal investments failed and he was suddenly struggling to maintain the clinic’s needs. In desperation, Poe turned to organized crime; the Scarlatti family specifically, which ruled the underworld of Arcadia. The head of the Family, Sam Scarlatti, saw the potential value of Poe’s serum and agreed to fund Poe’s research, as long as Poe could provide superhuman help for the Scarlattis in the form of his successful “experiments.”

Poe went straight to work, and within months he had his first two criminal successes: Darkmind, a powerful telepath; and Crimson, who manifested telekinetic “limbs.” Poe had also hired a new accountant during this time, Madeline Bruner, and soon the two began an affair. Bruner found out she had latent psionic potential and insisted she be given a sample of the serum and soon she manifested powers herself. Eventually Poe’s wife, Renee, learned of his affair (and also the illicit experiments Poe had performed on their child), and she left him, taking their son Kevin into hiding with her somewhere in the midwest.

By 1998 Madeline and Poe were married and her ambition began to guide Poe’s work. Dissatisfied with merely providing soldiers for the mob, Madeline devised a plan to use their powers to seize control of the Scarlatti family, and she and the other mentalists Poe had “created” carried it out. Soon she repeated the plan, taking over the VIPER Nest that had been active in Arcadia. This time her spoils included the Nest’s technological assets and the brilliant mechanical engineer Bradley Richards, who was responsible for creating and maintaining them. PSI’s power had begun to grow, but the pace of that growth however, remained too slow for Madeline, who now preferred her codename “Medusa.” She wanted more money and power, and she wanted it now, not years from now. The most powerful of PSI’s psychic agents, a protégé of Poe’s named Psimon, seemed to share her ambition. Medusa carefully sounded him out and found that he was in complete agreement with her and soon the two of them began a passionate affair. In 2001 they devised a scheme to remove Poe from leadership. They carefully wove a web of betrayal, planting a series of clues for the Sentinels that led them to PSI’s secret headquarters in Arcadia where Poe and the psychic agents that were the most loyal to him were all captured, leaving Psimon and Medusa in complete control of the remnants of PSI. Thanks to their careful planning, Poe’s claims that the Sentinels had not in fact captured all of the organization were not believed and in 2003 Poe was sentenced to twenty years in Blackstone Prison, where he remains to this day.

With Psimon and Medusa now in control, PSI relocated to what would become Bay City and by 2005 its ranks had swelled due to Medusa’s recruiting and Psimon’s use of the PSI Serum. Some of its members at that time included;

-Bodyjacker, who had the power to project his mind into another person’s body and “possess” it.

-Hypnos, a mutant with powers of mind control and will-sapping.

-Inquisitor, a mutant with various psionic powers, including strong telepathy.

-Lancer, a “psi-soldier” who claimed to be from an alternate Earth where mentalists are oppressed and exploited by the American Government.

-Mind Slayer, a lethal psychokinetic originally recruited by Dr. Poe who is in love with Psimon.

-Soulfire, a pyrokinetic.

-Torment, a pain-afflicted young man with the ability to mentally inflict the pain he feels on other people.

-Trace, a detective, with psionic abilities of his own, who’d helped Dr. Poe find many of the subjects for his experiments.

PSI’s most successful scheme was the creation of Mind, Inc., a self-help group based in Bay City. In reality Mind, Inc. simply allowed PSI to accumulate profit, power, influence, and potential recruits. But the whole organization almost unraveled in early 2006 when PSI came under attack.

Kevin Poe, the son of Sebastian Poe and leader of Bay City’s infamous Jumper Gang, began a war against PSI as Poe hungered for revenge against the people who “betrayed” his father and wanted to control the organization itself. The resulting conflict almost ripped PSI apart, but with several interventions from the Champions, who did their best to contain the various battles, helped bring the fight between PSI and the Jumper Gang to an end by managing to capture the majority of the Jumper Gang. When the dust settled Lancer, Inquisitor, Torment, and Trace were dead. Bodyjacker was also dead, though it was never clearly established that his mind hadn’t possibily escaped into someone else’s body before his was killed.

Psimon and Medusa were forced to put all their plans on hold so they could rebuild PSI back to it’s former level of power, and PSI went underground for the next year and a half. As of late 2008, PSI seems to be as powerful as it ever was and Psimon and Medusa both feel that it is time for PSI to resume their criminal efforts and have the resources of Mind, Inc. still (as their connection was never revealed to authorities) and thus have a small army of lesser psychics to help them in their goals, along with the core members of PSI.

The one problem that Psimon sees for his group is that the Psions have started to become more active in the past year and seek similar goals. Psimon is smart enough to realize that all of the younger generation of the Psions are almost equal to many of his own people, but combine that with the newer members that Parker has been gathering and it’s plain to see that in sheer power the Psions would be the winner of any kind of obvious confrontations. So Psimon has decided to use more subtle methods and has started using his network of contacts and lesser agents to wage a secret war against the Psions; leaking any information they learn to both AEGIS and different teams of heroes, that way PSI isn’t connected to any of it and hopefully the elder Psion will be none the wiser. Unfortunately Parker Psion is already aware of Psimon’s efforts, having already had moles of his own in PSI for several years now as he was a “silent partner” to Poe back when he first created the group (and wanting another venue of psionic research that wouldn’t be condemned outright simply because he was involved), so that loss is something that Parker looks to correct by eventually taking the various resources and scientific data they’ve gathered over the years as well as bringing select operatives into the Psions.

PSI Field Agents:
PSI’s “field agents” are people who’ve been treated with the PSI-Serum to bring out their latent psionic abilities. Generally those abilities are so weak that these people can’t become full-fledged members/supervillains; instead they’re used as psionic footsoldiers and minions in PSI’s various schemes. These are the most common:

Agent: Regarded as the least powerful field operatives, Agents can manifest psychokinetic “arms.” (Extra Limbs [with the Projection extra], along with Enhanced Strength & Elongation that only applies to those additional limbs).

Hypnotist: Typically the most powerful field agents, Hypnotists have powers of mesmerism and psionic assault, and sometimes psychokinetic abilities. (Possible powers include Mind Control, Mental Blast, Telekinesis [at low ranks, generally 4-7 at most], and Blast with a linked Move Object [Away Only Flaw]).

Neophyte: Neophytes have psychokinetic powers but can only channel them through their bodies. Thus, they can’t manipulate objects at a distance, but they’re much stronger, tougher, and faster than a normal person. (Possible powers include Enhanced Strength 5, Enhanced Agility & Dexterity 5, Enhanced Stamina 5, and Speed 4).

Slicers: Slicers have the ability to manifest one or two “blades” of psionic and/or psychokinetic force that can strike deadly, or merely painful, blows. (Possible powers include Blast 5 [some might have the Multiattack or Penetrating extra (rare ones have both) or the Split feat]).
Last edited by Tattooedman on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Psimon

Post by Tattooedman » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:25 am

Psimon:
PL:
Strength 2
Stamina 2
Agility 3
Dexterity 3
Fighting 4
Intellect 2
Awareness 4
Presence 3

Skills: Deception 6 (+9/+15), Expertise [Pop Culture] 9 (+11), Insight 9 (+13), Intimidation 6 (+9/+15), Perception 9 (+13), Persuasion 6 (+9/+15),

Advantages: All-Out Attack, Benefit 3 [Wealth x3 (Millionaire)], Equipment, Improved Initiative, Inspire 4, Luck [Determination], Luck [Determined Recovery], Power Attack, Seize Initiative

Powers: Psionic Mastery Array:
Mental Domination: Ranged Affliction 12 [Dazed, Compelled, Controlled; resisted by Will] (Extras: Cumulative, Perception)
-Control Of The Senses: Illusion 12 [all senses] (Flaw: Limited [Only affects those with minds])
-Mental Overload: Ranged Damage 12 (Extras: Alternate Resistance [Will], Perception)
-Open Your Mind to Me: Mind Reading 12
-Psychokinetic Giant Form: (Move Action –1 pt)
Enhanced Strength 2
Enhanced Advantages 6 [Close Combat 6]
Growth 8 [30 ft tall; +8 Strength, +8 Stamina, +4 Intimidation, +1 Speed, -4 Dodge/Parry, -8 Stealth] (Extra: Permanent); (Feat: Innate)
Protection 2 (Extra: Impervious 12)
Group Mind: Mental Communication 2 (Extras: Affects Others, Area, Selective); (Feat: Subtle 2)
Mental Wards: Enhanced Will 5 (Flaw: Limited [Only vs. Mental Effects])
Psionic Charms: Enhanced Skills 6 [Deception +6, Persuasion +6, Intimidation +6]

Melee Attack +4/+10* [*Psychokinetic Giant Form]
Ranged Attack +3

Defense: Dodge +10/+6* [*Psychokinetic Giant Form]
Parry +10/+6* [*Psychokinetic Giant Form]
Toughness +5*/+12** [*PSI Armored Costume/** Psychokinetic Giant Form (Impervious)]
Fortitude +7
Will +15*/+10 [*Mental Wards]

Equipment: PSI Armored Costume [Protection 3; Subtle; Commlink]

Costs: Abilities 46+ Skills 15+ Advantages 14+ Powers 78+ Defenses 24= 177 pts.

Height: 6'
Weight: 172 lbs
Hair: Blonde
Eye Color: Blue

Complications:
Arrogant Sexist: Psimon consistently underestimates female opponents.

Relationship: Psimon has been with Medusa for many years despite their semi-regular fights and affairs with others.

Secret Identity: Psimon’s identity as Simon Bell is not known to law enforcement.

Temper: Psimon can become angered when taunted or humiliated by an opponent.

Background: Simon Bell was PSI’s first great success under Sebastian Poe’s leadership. In 1992, Bell, a nondescript college student at the University of Maryland, checked himself into a local hospital complaining of migraine headaches, and while there he began to manifest psychic powers; giving several of the nurses and residents “waking nightmares” in the process. His “emergence” was detected by a Doctor Poe, a resident doctor there who was secretly researching for a way to enhance and improve the psionic potential of the human race. The doctor visited Simon in the hospital and managed to recruit him into the fledging PSI.

Giving him the joking code name “Psimon,” Poe ran Bell through the full battery of tests, and eventually woke in him an impressive suite of psychic abilities. Poe began to regard Bell as his eventual second-in-command. Meanwhile Medusa became quite taken with the handsome, and aggressively driven young man, and the two started a torrid affair. Obsessed as always with personal power, Medusa decided Psimon was both more forceful and more easily manipulated than Poe, and convinced Psimon to overthrow his mentor and seize control of the organization. With her assistance, Psimon laid the trap that led to the Sentinels capturing Poe and apparently “destroying” PSI.

Psimon led the team to Bay City, through the successes of Mind, Inc., a legal front created by he and Medusa that is secretly a recruiting tool for PSI, has built a decent throng of followers with low-level psionic abilities as well as developed a few much more powerful members (Mind Slayer, Hypnos, and Soulfire to be exact). During PSI's war with the Jumper Gang Psimon was almost captured a few times thanks to plots enacted by Kevin Poe but between his impressive physical power and his ability to talk his way out of most situations, Psimon managed to retain his freedom.

Once the war with the Jumper Gang was done, Psimon was the one who favored rebuilding PSI's power base, despite Medusa's desire to absorb the remains of the Jumper Gang into PSI and continue to push their influence. Psimon realized just how weak his organization was at that point, the Jumper Gang had eliminated much of his network of field agents (which was PSI's greatest asset as many of their field agents had held positions of influence within Bay City's government and law enforcement). Though he was agressive in his efforts to restablish PSI, Psimon went as far as to kidnap select individuals and brainwash them to be loyal to PSI before giving them the PSI serum and returning them back to their lives.

What Psimon has become aware of that none of the other members of PSI know (including Medusa) is that Sebastian Poe had been secretly working with Parker Psion in developing his early versions of the PSI serum. He wonders why Psion did nothing when Poe was ousted from PSI but he is determined to maintain his control over the group despite the fact that the Psions have been recruiting more members and becoming more active as of late. Psimon is sure that it is only a matter of time before Parker Psion decides to reclaim what he considers to be his "lost investiment" and that PSI will be ready to protect themselves.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Medusa

Post by Tattooedman » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:34 am

Medusa:
PL:
Strength 0
Stamina 2
Agility 2
Dexterity 2
Fighting 4
Intellect 2
Awareness 3
Presence 2

Skills: Close Combat [Stiletto] 4 (+8.), Deception 10 (+12/+14), Expertise [Business] 12 (+14), Expertise [Criminal] 12 (+14), Expertise [Pop Culture] 9 (+11), Insight 9 (+12), Perception 9 (+12), Persuasion 10 (+12/+14), Ranged Combat [Thrown Stiletto] 6 (+8.), Stealth 10 (+12)

Advantages: Attractive, Benefit [Alternate Identity (Madeline Bell)], Connected, Daze [Deception], Equipment 2, Fascinate [Deception], Improved Feint, Improved Initiative, Language [French], Luck [Determination], Set-Up, Teamwork, Well-Informed

Powers: Mental Paralysis: Ranged Affliction 11 [Hindered, Immobilized, Paralyzed; resisted by Will] (Extras: Cumulative, Perception)
-Psychokinesis: Move Object 11 (Extra: Perception)
-Psychokinetic Blast: Ranged Damage 11 (Extra: Perception)
-Psychokinetic Pulse: Ranged Damage 8 (Extra: Perception) & Move Object 5 (Extra: Perception)
Mental Wards: Enhanced Will 4 (Flaw: Limited [Only vs. Mental Effects])

Melee Attack +4 // Stiletto Attack +8
Ranged Attack +2 // Thrown Stiletto Attack +8

Parry +12
Toughness +6*/+2 [*PSI Armored Costume]
Fortitude +7
Will +14*/+10 [*Mental Wards]

Equipment: PSI Armored Costume [Protection 4; Subtle; Commlink]
Stilettos [Strength-Based Damage 1; Improved Critical 2/Ranged Strength-Based Damage 1; Improved Critical 2]

Costs: Abilities 34+ Skills 32+ Advantages 14+ Powers 50+ Defenses 30= 160 pts.

Height: 5'7"
Weight: Unknown
Hair: Dark Brown

Complications:
By Any Means She Can: Medusa will use any tool in her skill-set to get what she wants, even going as far as to use sex to manipulate men.

Motivation ~Powerhungry: Medusa wants to have as much status and personal power as she possibly can.

Relationship: Medusa is actually in love with Psimon and she can become very jealous of his giving attention to other women.

Secret Identity: Medusa’s identity as Madeline Bruner is known to law enforcement. Nor is her alternate identity as Madeline Bell.

Background: Madeline Bruner was born in 1975 to upper-middle-class parents in Connecticut. All her life she watched her parents try to scrabble up the social ladder and not quite succeed. Everything they had, and it was plenty for most people, was never enough for the Bruners. Madeline learned her lessons well, and went off to college with the idea of acquiring a good job and then a wealthy husband firmly in mind. After graduating with a degree in accounting, she went to work as the CFO of a small research firm, only to discover that the Parapsychological Studies Institute was being funded by the mob in exchange for the use of some of its students as super-criminals! Her mother would have been scandalized, but Madeline was only... intrigued.

She began an affair with the Institute’s director, Sebastian Poe, and when his wife found out and left him they moved in together, marrying in 1999. She became invaluable to Poe in his relationship with the Scarlatti family, since he didn’t have the native instinct for deception that she had or the ability to organize and “cook” PSI’s books. And then, when she asked him to give her the psychic activation serum he’d developed, well, there was no way for him to refuse.

Once Madeline became Medusa, there was no limit to her thirst for more power. First she pushed Poe to betray the mob, and then to take on and defeat the local VIPER Nest. But he moved too slowly for her, so she instead took up with the younger and more ambitious Psimon, and helped him betray and overthrow Poe. After escaping the Sentinels, she convinced Psimon to move PSI to Bay City and to found Mind, Incorporated — all the while juggling several other lovers. She then set her sights on political power, and has spent much of her time establishing herself a new identity, Madeline Bell, and became a mover and shaker in Bay City’s local politics.

During PSI's war with the Jumper Gang Medusa's identity was nearly compromised, but thanks to a little bit of memory altering and out right murder, she managed to retain her place in the political scene. When Psimon forced PSI underground to rebuild following their defeat of the Jumper Gang, Medusa focused her frustrations and lust for power into her Bell identity and now she is a member of Bay City's City Counsel where she uses her powers and vampish nature to influence the other members to suit her, and PSI's goals.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Mind Slayer

Post by Tattooedman » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:44 am

Mind Slayer:
PL:
Strength 1
Stamina 2
Agility 3
Dexterity 3
Fighting 3
Intellect 0
Awareness 2
Presence 2

Skills: Deception 7 (+9/+11), Expertise [Pop Culture] 6 (+6), Expertise [Streetwise] 7 (+7), Persuasion 6 (+8/+10), Stealth 7 (+10)

Advantages: Attractive, Close Attack, Daze [Deception], Improved Feint, Improved Initiative, Language [Spanish], Ranged Attack, Set Up, Teamwork

Powers: Mental Wards: Enhanced Will 7 (Flaw: Limited [Only vs. Mental Effects])
Psychokinesis: Move Object 9 (Extra: Area [Burst])
-Precise Psychokinesis: Move Object 9 (Feat: Precise)
-Psychokinetic Blades: Ranged Damage 10 (Feats: Accurate 3, Improved Critical 3)
Psychokinetic Shield: Force Field 10
-Psychokinetic Wall: Create 10 (Flaw: Limited [Can only make barrier only])
Psychokinetic Probe: Senses 2 [Tactile (Radius, Ranged)]
Telekinetic Propulsion: Flight 6

Offense: Initiative +7
Melee Attack +4
Ranged Attack +4 // Psychokinetic Blades Attack +10

Parry +8
Toughness +12*/+2 [*Force Field]
Fortitude +6
Will +14*/+7 [*Mental Wards]

Costs: Abilities 32+ Skills 11+ Advantages 9+ Powers 54+ Defenses 19= 125 pts.

Height: 5'6"
Weight: no seriously, I’m not asking her & you can’t make me….
Hair: Dyed Pink (Real color unknown)
Eye Color: Blue

Complications:

Secret Identity: Mind Slayer’s identity as Stacy Turner isn’t known to law enforcement.

Temper: Mind Slayer is can fly off the handle with little provocation.

Background: Stacy Turner ran away from her home in the suburbs of Chicago when she was sixteen, fleeing the beatings her father had given her regularly since the death of her mother a few years before. For awhile she survived on the Chicago streets, first as a petty thief and eventually as a prostitute. One night she unluckily walked down the wrong alley and ran into a gang looking for something to steal. Stacy only had a few dollars on her and she knew that wouldn’t be enough to satisfy them. Frightened for her life, something deep inside Stacy’s mind snapped and her powers manifested for the first time; in the form of telekinetic “knives” that tore her tormentors apart. Now terrified by what she had just done Stacy stole the dead ‘banger’s wallets, using the money to buy a bus ticket out of town.

She stayed on the run for awhile, moving from city to city when she had the money, and finally landed in Emerald City. There she was approached by a heavyset older man who called himself Trace. He not only knew her name, he knew what had happened in Chicago, and everything she’d done since! He promised to take her to a place where doctors could help her learn to use her powers safely and no one would be able to hurt her again. Though she was hesitant at first, eventually he won her over and took her back to the Institute. There she met Dr. Poe, who showed her various new ways to use her powers, and Psimon, with whom she fell instantly in love. She became one of PSI’s most feared assassins, and when Psimon approached her about joining the “traitors” in taking over the organization, she accepted immediately and served as Psimon’s primary field operative and assassin, and sometimes as his personal bodyguard.

During the war with the Jumper Gang, Mind Slayer was almost either captured by authorities or killed by the Jumpers. Many times it was only thanks to her ruthlessness with her powers that allowed her to retain her life and personal freedom and as a result is wanted by AEGIS for several counts of murder (which was just one among the many reasons Psimon pushed for PSI to go underground for a while). During that time Mind Slayer has seen how much Medusa plays not only Psimon but the other male members of PSI and longs for the day she'll be able to show Psimon exactly what a traitor his wife is and take her rightful place by his side.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Hypnos

Post by Tattooedman » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:51 am

Hypnos:
PL:
Strength 2
Stamina 3
Agility 3
Dexterity 3
Fighting 4
Intellect 0
Awareness 3
Presence 1

Skills: Deception 12 (+13), Expertise [Criminal] 10 (+10), Expertise [Current Events] 7 (+7), Expertise [Pop Culture] 7 (+7), Insight 9 (+12), Perception 9 (+12), Persuasion 12 (+13), Stealth 9 (+12)

Advantages: Close Attack 4, Defensive Strike, Equipment 2, Follow-Up Strike, Improved Feint, Second Chance [Stealth Checks], Set-Up, Skill Mastery [Stealth], Teamwork

Powers: The Power Of Suggestion: Ranged Affliction 11 [Dazed, Compelled, Controlled; resisted by Will] (Extras: Cumulative, Perception); (Flaw: Sense Dependent [target must be able to hear Hypnos talk])
-Mental Shock: Ranged Damage 8 (Extras: Alternate Resistance [Will], Perception)
-Sapping The Will: Ranged Weaken Will 10 (Extra: Perception)
Mental Wards: Enhanced Will 5 (Flaw: Limited [Only vs. Mental Effects])

Martial Brawling: Strength-Based Damage 4 (Feat: Improved Critical 2)

Offense: Initiative +3
Melee Attack +8
Ranged Attack +3

Parry +12
Toughness +7*/+3 [*PSI Armored Costume]
Fortitude +9
Will +13*/+8 [*Mental Wards]

Concealed Belt Jets: Flight 2 (Feat: Subtle)

Costs: Abilities 38+ Skills 25+ Advantages 10+ Powers 45+ Defenses 28= 146 pts.

Height: 5'10"
Weight: 156 lbs
Hair: Brown (shaved bald)
Eye Color:

Complications:
Arrogance: Hypnos’ overconfidence can lead him to make mistakes that can be used against him.

Reputation ~Lecherous: Hypnos is known for his habit of hitting on pretty much anything that could wear a skirt.

Rivalry: Hypnos’ biggest challenge for leadership of PSI is Psimon.

Unlucky: For some reason it seems that Fate likes to deal Hypnos a bum hand and things start going against him.

Background: Brian Van Der Schaaf was always a bad kid — which only made sense, since his grandmother was the notorious super-villainess Marionette (not that he is aware of this fact). After his mental powers manifested, Brain used them to bully his foster parents, teachers, and classmates, and when he finally got caught on a breaking-and-entering charge in 1993 and was sent to reform school, well, he wound up pretty much running the place. All his life he’d watched different metamen battle each other on the evening news, and finally he decided he was ready to join the fun. He developed a costume, stole some experimental belt-jets, and became the mercenary criminal Hypnos.

Well, being a supervillain turned out to be harder than Hypnos thought; he ran afoul a second-rate hero called Mighty Man his first couple of times out and despite his obvious edge in intelligence got beaten and wound up in Blackstone. He managed to make an escape, one of the few from Blackstone in fact, countering the power nullifying restraints and using his powers on his lawyer to walk him right out the door, only to get recaptured a week later by Johnny Rocket. Hypnos caught a lucky break and escaped from custody before his trial, but that was his last bit of good fortune for awhile. When he teamed up with some other villains to rob Fort Knox, things finally seemed to be looking up — but then the Sentinels came along and busted up that little party.

Finally, in 2002 Hypnos took a job working as a henchman for the Lyndon mob in Chicago when the Scarlatti family took out a hit on Mr. Lyndon himself, and Hypnos wound up in direct conflict with Psimon. The two end up striking up a conversation instead of jumping right into fighting one another, and Psimon ended up offering Hypnos a choice: join PSI, or die along with his employers.

Hypnos signed up without hesitation. As a basically selfish and power-hungry individual, Hypnos tried to improve his lot within PSI by gathering a following of lesser agents that are loyal to him instead of Psimon and Medusa. About half the time Hypnos can count on having Soulfire on his side, but the man’s addition makes him something of a wildcard that Hypnos would rather not rely on. Mind Slayer would rather gut him than talk to him, so Hypnos simply leaves the woman alone. When Psimon would recruit new members, Hypnos quickly moves to draw them into his faction within PSI, even going as far as to use his powers to gain their loyalty if need be.

Then the war with the Jumper Gang started and much of Hypnos' efforts were for naught as many of his faction within PSI were among those lost in the fighting. Being the self-interested person he is, Hypnos stayed close to the other members of PSI during the war to ensure he survived, knowing that he could always rebuild what he'd lost.

Which is exactly what he is doing now that Psimon has brought PSI out of their self-imposed exile. Currently he only has sway over a handful of field agents though he has manged to get his hooks into one or two of Psimon's more powerful recruits. But how he will make use of them is anyone's guess.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Soulfire

Post by Tattooedman » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:57 am

Soulfire:
PL:
Strength 3
Stamina 3
Agility 4
Dexterity 4
Fighting 4
Intellect 0
Awareness 2
Presence 2

Skills: Expertise [Criminal] 12 (+12), Insight 8 (+10), Intimidation 9 (+11), Perception 6 (+8.), Ranged Combat [Pyrokinesis Array] 6 (+11), Stealth 6 (+10), Vehicles [Land] 4 (+8.)

Advantages: All-Out Attack, Close Attack 6, Defensive Roll 2, Improved Feint, Improved Initiative, Power Attack , Ranged Attack, Startle, Teamwork

Powers: Pyrokinesis Array:
Enflame: Ranged Damage 11 (Extra: Penetrating); (Feats: Improved Critical, Indirect 2)
-Fireball: Ranged Damage 11 (Extra: Area [Burst])
-Firefield: Damage 9 (Extra: Reaction)
-Incineration: Weaken Toughness 8 (Extra: Area [Burst]) & Damage 8 (Extra: Area [Burst])

See Heat: Senses 1 [Infravision]
Stay In The Kitchen: Immunity 10 [Fire/Heat Effects]

Offense: Initiative +10
Melee Attack +10
Ranged Attack +5 // Pyrokinesis Array Attack +11

Parry +10
Toughness +8*/+6**/+3 [*PSI Armored Costume & Defensive Roll/** PSI Armored Costume]
Fortitude +8
Will +9

Costs: Abilities 44+ Skills 18+ Advantages 14+ Powers 50+ Defenses 24= 150 pts.

Height: 6'
Weight: 200 lbs
Hair: Black

Complications:
Addiction: Soulfire must take cocaine at least once per day or else suffer a Dazed condition until he does take some.

Reputation: Soulfire is known to act like a bully during combat.

Temper: Soulfire can lose his cool in combat.

Background: Harold Gripp was a bad kid. Born in 1984 in Newark, New Jersey, Gripp started cutting school and hanging out on the streets before he was 10. He was soon selling drugs and committing petty robberies with his band of cronies. Caught and sent to juvenile hall in ’99, Harry was soon among the leaders of the reform school gangs and seemed headed down a slow path to nowhere......until his powers manifested. He was part of a cleanup detail collecting trash by the side of a New Jersey freeway when he and another inmate got into a fight over nothing in particular, and as two fellow inmates restrained him, Harry stared intensely at his opponent, and was as surprised as anyone when the other young man screamed and burst into flames. In the ensuing confusion, Harry escaped from the cleanup detail and fled into the woods.

Harry spent the next few months on the run, working his way west as he learned how his powers functioned by committing petty robberies of gas stations and convenience stores to survive. He arrived in Bay City in September, where PSI recruited him by promising to teach him how to control and use his powers in new and interesting ways. As Soulfire, he has learned how to better use his powers and became a valuable member of the group.

Especially during the war with the Jumper Gang; Soulfire was one of PSI's frontline fighters during that time and as such AEGIS would like very much to have a long, long talk with him. They are aware of his addition and would use it to force Soulfire to give up all he knows about PSI.

Unfortunately Psimon is well aware of the liability that Soulfire could be if captured and has placed psionic conditioning in Soulfire's mind should he be captured that will leave him little more than a drooling idiot that would have to be lead around to go anywhere.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

-- Chiun