Emerald Flame's 3e Builds (COBOLT 3.0)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Emerald Flame
Paragon
Paragon

Re: Emerald Flame's 3e Builds (Spartan_Athenian Guardian)

Postby Emerald Flame » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:46 pm

Warrior of Ares - PL 10

Image Image

Strength 4
Stamina 2
Agility 3
Dexterity 4
Fighting 4
Intellect 4
Awareness 3
Presence 3

Advantages
Accurate Attack, Assessment, Improved Initiative 2, Interpose, Minion 4, Power Attack, Precise Attack
(Ranged, Concealment), Second Chance: Toughness Saves

Skills
Athletics 5 (+9), Close Combat: Unarmed 5 (+9), Deception 4 (+7), Expertise: Tactics 5 (+9), Insight 4
(+7), Intimidation 4 (+7), Investigation 3 (+7), Perception 4 (+7), Ranged Combat: Ranged Weapons 5
(+9), Stealth 4 (+7), Treatment 1 (+5)

Powers
Ares Ring of War (Removable)
* Feeding on the Blood: Energy Absorption 8 (Absorbs: Pain energy (amount of wounds inflicted),
Boost: Regeneration)

Force Manipulation Array
* Force Blast: Blast 12 ([10 active, 20/25 PP, 2/r], DC 25)
* Force Blast_Rapid Fire: Blast 8 ([0 active, 20/25 PP, 3/r+1], DC 23; Multiattack, Split: 2 targets)
* Force Bubble
> Life Support: Immunity 10 (Linked; Life Support; Affects Others Only; Limited: Does not protect -
vs- Starvation)
> Protective Bubble: Protection 10 (Linked; +10 Toughness; Affects Others Only)
* Force Constructs: Create 10 ([0 active, 20/25 PP, 2/r+1], Volume: 1000 cft., DC 20; Movable,
Precise; Limited: Simple Constructs Only (Walls, Barriers, Etc))
* Liting and Moving: Move Object 10 ([0 active, 20/25 PP, 2/r+1], 25 tons; Precise)

Warriors' Enhancements
* Enhanced Ability: Enhanced Agility 3 (+3 AGL)
* Enhanced Ability: Enhanced Dexterity 3 (+3 DEX)
* Enhanced Ability: Enhanced Strength 4 (+4 STR)
* Enhanced Senses: Senses 7 (Awareness: Aggression (Visual), Detect: Visual 1, Direction Sense,
Distance Sense, Extended: Visual 1: x10, Radio, Time Sense)
* Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait 1 (Advantages: Second Chance: Toughness Saves)
* Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait 5 (Traits: Will +5 (+9); Limited: Only -vs- Mental Attacks/Effects)
* Flight: Flight 8 (Speed: 500 miles/hour, 1 mile/round)
Instant Change
> Instant Change : Feature 1
> Life Support: Immunity 12 (Linked; Critical Hits, Life Support; Increased Duration: continuous;
Limited: Does not Protect -vs- Starvation)
> Protection: Protection 10 (Linked; +10 Toughness; Impervious)
* Regeneration: Regeneration 2 (Every 5 rounds; Limited: Rank is limited to amount of damage
inflicted in previous turn)

* Spirit in the Ring: Enhanced Trait 4 (Advantages: Minion 4)

Offense
Initiative +11
Force Blast: Blast 12, +9 (DC 25)
Force Blast_Rapid Fire: Blast 8, +9 (DC 23)
Grab, +9 (DC Spec 14)
Liting and Moving: Move Object 10, +4 (DC 20)
Throw, +4 (DC 19)
Unarmed, +9 (DC 19)

Defense
Dodge 4
Parry 4
Fortitude 5
Toughness 12
Will 9/4

Power Points
Abilities 34 + Powers 98 + Advantages 7 + Skills 11 (44 ranks) + Defenses 5 = 155
:arrow: After completing my Athenian Guardian (AG) build... I started thinking about a possible foil for the character. I did not want to create a direct "arch-nemesis" for the character, but instead wanted to play with a more subtle concept. The Warriors of Ares (WoA) are not exactly allies of the Athenian Guardians...bu they are also not their enemies. They are both derived from the gods.. but where the AG's are more of a thinking and plotting force... the WoA's are more of an in-your-face combat group. The rings are virtually identical with a few exceptions.
:arrow: There are three 'new' powers that the WoA have that the AG do not.
1) Awareness: Aggression (Visual). This power literally allows the WoA to see the aggression levels in their opponents. They see it as a glowing reddish-orange aura around the person. The more aggression... the brighter the aura.
2) Regeneration: Regeneration 2 (Every 5 rounds) This is the classic power for the WoA to heal themselves in battle. The catch comes in the fact that there is a limiter on the power. Even though the power is bought at level 10... the limiter sets the level equal to the amount of damage the WoA was able to inflict the previous turn. Tied directly to this power is the third power.
3) The ring also as a tied in power: Feeding on the Blood: Energy Absorption 8 (Absorbs: Pain energy (amount of wounds inflicted), Boost: Regeneration) This power is how the WoA are able to 'feed' on the damage inflicted in the previous turn and use that 'blood energy' to heal themselves. SO... Regeneration starts at level 2, but with inflicting pain / drawing blood... the WoA can heal themselves much more quickly.
<at least that is the idea>

With the powers of the two rings almost the same... I see these characters bumping heads and possibly becoming enemies mostly due to ideologies as to how to wage war and to what extreme conflict should be taken.

In combat, the WoA are typically an "in-your-face" group. They often charge in and start attacking. This is not to say that they never plan things out... they just don't give their plans much thought.

They will swoop in and attack in a brutal fashion... not stopping until their enemy / target is destroyed. As the WoA inflict pain and suffering, they are actually able to heal themselves. This again spurns the WoA into combat rapidly. The sooner they are inflicting pain and spilling blood... the sooner they can heal.

As they are the creation of Ares, they are technically, "cousins" to the Athenian Guardians. They can work together but more often than not, they end up butting heads. The WoA will invariably want to charge into conflict, while the AG's will invariably want to plan things out. Both are sides of the same coin. This has led to several 'heated' encounters in the past.

Well... there you have it...I am eager to hear any comments or suggestions that you might have.
Emerald Flame's 3e Builds
Emerald Flame's 2e Misc. Builds

The ultimate measure of a person is not where they stand in moments of comfort, but where they stand at times of challenge and controversy. -Martin Luther King, Jr.-

Emerald Flame
Paragon
Paragon

Re: Emerald Flame's 3e Builds (Spartan_Athenian Guardian)

Postby Emerald Flame » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:59 pm

The Beast_Toad Style Master - PL 11

The Beast: "All I want is to kill you, or be killed by you"

The Beast: "In the world of kung fu, speed determines the winner."

"[Grabs pistol from gang member] Do they make these for men?

The Beast: "Child's play! I can stop bullets." [smash noise]
The Beast: "Whoa!" [looks down to see that Buddhist Palm crushed his toe]

Strength 4
Stamina 3
Agility 10
Dexterity 4
Fighting 12
Intellect 1
Awareness 5
Presence 2

Advantages
Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, All-out Attack, Assessment, Chokehold, Daze (Intimidation), Defensive Attack,
Defensive Roll 3, Evasion, Improved Critical 2: Unarmed, Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved
Grab, Improved Initiative 2, Improved Smash, Improved Trip, Instant Up, Move-by Action, Power Attack,
Precise Attack (Close, Concealment), Prone Fighting, Seize Initiative, Skill Mastery: Acrobatics, Takedown,
Trance, Uncanny Dodge

Skills
Acrobatics 10 (+20), Athletics 10 (+14), Close Combat: Toad Style 6 (+18), Expertise: Zen Philosophy 5
(+6), Insight 6 (+11), Intimidation 8 (+10), Perception 8 (+13), Stealth 6 (+16)

Powers
* Inhuman Reflexes: Enhanced Agility 4 (+4 AGL)
* Leaping: Leaping 4 (Leap 120 feet at 30 miles/hour)
* Power Strike: Strength-based Strike 5 (DC 24)
* Ram Attack: Strength-based Damage 7 (DC 26; Increased Range: ranged
> Limited: Only when leaping,
> Limited: Limited to Leaping Range.)

Offense
Initiative +18
Grab, +12 (DC Spec 14)
Power Strike: Strength-based Strike 5, +12 (DC 24)
Ram Attack: Strength-based Damage 7, +4 (DC 26)
Throw, +4 (DC 19)
Unarmed, +18 (DC 19)

Complications
Infamy: "The Beast" is widely known as one of ... if not the world's greatest martial artist.
Motivation: Looking for a worth opponent: The Beast is constantly looking for opponent to test his skills
against..

Languages
Native Language: Chinese, English

Defense
Dodge 16, Parry 12, Fortitude 11, Toughness 6/3, Will 11

Power Points
Abilities 74 + Powers 21 + Advantages 30 + Skills 20 (59 ranks) + Defenses 20 = 165
:arrow: Here is "The Beast", Master of the Southern Toad Style of Kung Fu, from Kung Fu Hustle. He is known as a brutal opponent and the archnemesis of the Buddhist Palm Master. He is feared by everybody and from what is seen in the movie... Justifyibale so.

:arrow: Toad Style seems to incorporate a lot of jumping and toughening of the body. He is kicked in the head by TWO masters and the SAME time and nothing happens.

:arrow: The build was created using the standard template of the "Martial Artist" with some "toadish" extras added as powers.

:arrow: I liked this guy as a bad guy for one basic reason. He was not evil, he simply wanted a worthy opponent.

The ultimate measure of a person is not where they stand in moments of comfort, but where they stand at times of challenge and controversy. -Martin Luther King, Jr.-

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Re: Emerald Flame's 3e Builds (The Beast)

Postby Thorpacolypse » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:17 pm

Ah, Kung Fu Hustle. One of my favorite wastes of 90 minutes. A fun, fun flick. And that's a great Beast.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Emerald Flame
Paragon
Paragon

Re: Emerald Flame's 3e Builds (The Beast)

Postby Emerald Flame » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:55 am

I have to admit that I have been away for a while... I got side-tracked in other things... called life. :(

My gaming group wanted to try out the Marvel Heroic system and after a few games... I have to say that I am not impressed. I like M&M much more. I hope to start making new characters and start posting anew.

I have had a request for a fight between The Horseman and Corsair.. based on their first encounter. I will be working that up soon.

Emerald Flame
Paragon
Paragon

Re: Emerald Flame's 3e Builds (Horseman-v-Corsair)

Postby Emerald Flame » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:54 pm

When they first met.... there were sparks.... Literally!!

The Horseman had followed a meta-human arms dealer known as the Warmonger from his hidden base of operations and confronted him in a remote area. A fight ensued and the Horseman found himself in a rapidly escalating conflict. Unfortunately, Warmonger did not hold any regard for innocent people. The Horseman tried to keep Warmonger away from innocents, but Warmonger, knowing that "heroes" are bound by a code of honor deliberately made his way towards those very innocents that the Horseman had tried to protect.
A struggle between these two super-powered fighters was spreading out, endangering the innocent civilians around them.
In the local area, the Air Force was in the process of testing a new Personal-Infantry battlesuit air superiority unit, dubbed the "Corsair". While putting the suit through some basic maneuverability drills before moving on to a live-fire target range, Corsair intercepted a radio broadcast on a police band. Two super-powered beings were in a slug-match near a local school. There was damage to the school and the police were calling for backup as they did not have the ability to handle the emergent situation.
Corsair found that the building had been badly damaged and children were trapped. Corsair was able to get in and free the trapped children who then were able to get to help.
As Corsair was tied up with the rescue operations, Horseman continued to fight with Warmonger. Warmonger was able to make a get-away, leaving the Horseman empty-handed. Corsair turned her attention on Horseman. She turned her anger on the Horseman. Corsair waited for the students to get to safety and then started scanning the area for the two previous fighters. She saw a headless suit of battle armor. She made her way across the rubble and debris. She approached The Horseman.
“What the hell do you think you were doing? Your stupidity almost cost innocent people their lives!” Corsair yelled.
The Horseman spun around. “ What?!? Is everybody ok?”
Corsair yelled back, “Yeah.. No thanks to you! What were you thinking?”
The Horseman was taken back. “I was trying to stop Warmonger!! I didn’t want to involve any innocents!”
Corsair snapped back, “Well you failed!!”
The Horseman turned and started to walk away. He called back over his shoulder, “Sorry to feel that way...”
Corsair moves up to Horseman as he turns and walks away. She shoves him on the shoulder. Not enough to cause damage, but her point is made. The Horseman quickly turns… tempers are at a breaking point and Corsair’s action just pushed them over the edge.

Both parties roll initiative
INIT:
Horseman 17
Corsair 16

The Horseman decided to distance himself from the scene… hoping to avoid any further possibility of involving innocents. The Horseman activates his jets and flew into the sky. He switches on his weapons systems and prepares for the battle. He swings around and unleashes a blast from his G.P.I.L. The shot strikes Corsair squarely in the chest. Corsair staggers under the blast from the energy weapon.

Horseman uses his move action to jet away from the school.
Horseman Attack (+3) +19=22
Corsair Defense Dodge (14) (HIT)
Corsair Toughness (10) +5 = 15 (Missed by 10) Staggered!!

Corsair staggered back from blast. Shaking her head and cursing to herself for letting her guard down. Forcing herself to focus and get back into the fight. She quickly tries to get a target lock and then returned fire.

Shaking her head and shakes the ringing out of her ears (Uses Hero Point)
Corsair powers up her own weapons system and returns fire.
Corsair Attack (+4 ) +6=10 (MISS) )

The Horseman swings around and continues to fly away from the school. Realizing that Corsair is an air-based combat unit, the Horseman realized that the air was not the best place to fight but her also knew that it was the fastest to get away. Time was of an essence and the Horseman was not willing to kill or hurt Corsair. Hoping on stopping Corsair, he fired on her again.

Horseman fires off his GPIL
Horseman Attack (+3) 14 (Hit) (Toughness Save –vs- DC 25)
Corsair Tough Save 25 (No Damage)

Corsair is able to move aside as the shot from Horseman glances off harmlessly. Her intent is less “friendly”. She mentally wills her missle systems online. She releases a missle volley towards the Horseman. The initial target lock failed but the re-lock acquired and hit the target. The missles slam into the Horseman and engulf him in a fire-ball.

Corsair switches over to missle mode.
Corsair Attack (+3 ) 4 (#1_MISS) / (+3) 18 (#2_HIT)
(Tough Save –vs- DC 25)
Horseman Tough Save 22 (Failed by 3 = 1 damage rank)

Emerging from the fire-ball, the Horseman fires back at Corsair but misses. Corsair switches over to her mini-gun and fires a burst at the Horseman. The rounds rake across the Horseman’s armor finding a weak spot. The Horseman shook as the suit took damage.

Horseman Attack (+3) 3 (Miss)
Corsair Attack (+9 ) 17=26 (hit by 12 = +5 Bonus) (Tough –vs- DC 30)
Horseman Defense 28 (Failed by 2) (-1 Condition)

Realizing that this encounter had to end quickly, the Horseman opted to utilize a new gadget that he had just added to his arsenal. He fired a small tube at Corsair that exploded on impact. Corsair had tried to evade the projectile, but she was hit and the contents of the tube rapidly expanded and wrapped around her. The binders were of a strange alloy composite that once deployed instantly hardened. Corsair was able to stay aloft, but was unable to break free from the bindings.

Horseman Deploys his Poly-Steel Binders
Horseman Attack (+1) 15= 16 (HIT)
Corsair Defense 14 (Hit by 2) (Hindered and Vulnerable)
Corsair makes an attempt to break free
Corsair (STR: +7)+2= 9 (failed) )

“I don’t know if you will believe me… but I don’t want to hurt you.”, said the Horseman. He continued, “ I originally wanted to stop Warmonger before he got near and innocents. It was not my idea to involve any innocent people. That decision was made by Warmonger!”
The Horseman activate a remote switch and the bindings suddenly released, falling away. He offered his hand to Corsair. She looked at him for a moment and then shook his hand. “Next time”, she said, “ Try harder.”.
With these final words, Corsair thrusted up and flew into the clouds….
The Horseman sat, hovering in the air, when a line from a movie popped into his head…. “Facinating woman!”. He smiled to himself and flew away.

:arrow: First let me say that it has been a LOOOOONNGGG time since I have rolled out anything with M&M.. SO.. if I made a mistake.. please let me know.
:arrow: Secondly, the dice HATED ME!!! I had some of the most varied dice rolls I have ever had. They were all over the place and in all honesty, this is the second fight that I rolled up. The first one was so pathetic that was not even funny.

:arrow: I always envisioned that the first meeting between these two was violent.. and that eventually, respect and admiration would bloom.

Hope you enjoyed it.

Emerald Flame
Paragon
Paragon

Re: Emerald Flame's 3e Builds (Horseman -vs- Corsair)

Postby Emerald Flame » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:08 pm

GREEN KNIGHT (2012)

Pictures taken from Deviantart.com. Original piece not my creation

Dexterity 2
Fighting 3
Intellect 1
Awareness 3
Presence 3

Advantages
Benefit, Wealth (well-off), Connected, Evasion, Fearless, Well-informed

Skills
Athletics 2 (+3), Close Combat: Defensive Tactics 2 (+5), Insight 2 (+5), Intimidation 2 (+5), Investigation 3
(+4), Perception 3 (+6), Ranged Combat: Ring Slinging 3 (+5), Technology 3 (+4), Treatment 2 (+3),
Vehicles 2 (+4)

Powers
Mystical Ring of the Green Knight (Removable)
Flight: Flight 10 (Speed: 2000 miles/hour, 4 miles/round)
Force Constructs: Create 10 (Volume: 1000 cft., DC 20; Movable, Subtle: look natural)
[AP] Axe of the Green Knight: Strength-based Damage 10 (Alternate; DC 26; Affects Insubstantial: half
ranks, Penetrating)
[AP] Force Blast: Blast 10 (Alternate; DC 25; Affects Insubstantial: half ranks)
[AP] Force Bubble : Burst Area Immunity 0 (Alternate; Affects Others Only, Burst Area: 30 feet radius
sphere, Reach (ranged): 5 ft.)
[AP] Lifting: Move Object 10 (Alternate; 25 tons)
Life Support: Immunity 10 (Life Support)
Protection: Protection 10 (+10 Toughness; Impervious, Linked: Life Support: Immunity 10)
Spirit of the Ring / Mystical Knowledge: Feature 2 (alien, technological)
Superhuman Senses: Senses 6 (Analytical (Type): Visual, Analytical (Type): Auditory, Analytical
(Type): Chemical)
Universal Translator: Comprehend 4 (Languages - Read All, Languages - Speak All, Languages -
Understand All, Languages - You're Understood)

Offense
Initiative +2
Axe of the Green Knight: Strength-based Damage 10, +3 (DC 26)
Force Blast: Blast 10, +5 (DC 25)
Grab, +3 (DC Spec 11)
Lifting: Move Object 10, +5 (DC 20)
Throw, +5 (DC 16)
Unarmed, +5 (DC 16)

Complications
Disability: The ring's output level is directly tied to the wearer's Willpower. The stronger the will... the
stronger the ring. ** No power can have a ranking greater than the wearer's WILL stat.
Quirk: The Ring of the Green Knight gives off a strong supernatural presense.
Secret: Nobody knows who this Green Knight is.
Weakness: Must recharge ring every 24 hrs

Languages
English
Gaelic

Defense
Dodge 8
Parry 6
Fortitude 8
Toughness 12
Will 10

Power Points
Abilities 34 + Powers 81 + Advantages 5 + Skills 8 (24 ranks) + Defenses 22 = 150

"An oath once spoken,
An oath not broken.
The power of might, shall shed the light
And test the right of each brave knight."

Carter was born into a family of money. His grandfather had started a small import/export company to ship in goods from England. He built the company and it slowly grew. Eventually the company passed to Carter's father. He continued to drive the company forward and it grew even larger. By the time Carter was ready to assume control, the company was very large and Hargreives International had grown from a small company to a major international corporation. Carter assumed the mantel of ownership and continued to move the company forward.
Growing up, Carter had always dreamed of doing adventurous things and being "the hero". His life would change when he was on vacation in England. Carter had been attending a trade convention and afterward had rented a car and decided to drive through the countryside. He needed to clear his head after an argument with a sales rep and so put the top down and drove through the winding roads of northern England. He was driving around the Lake District when he saw a guard rail which was smashed down. As he passed, he saw the rear of a car sticking out of the water below. Without thinking, he stopped and quickly made his way to the water below. The water was icy cold but Carter jumped in to try and help. He saw a man in the vehicle and so he pulled him through a shattered window and pulled him to the shore. The man started spitting out water and quickly regained consciousness. He was still groggy when he managed to get the word, "Lady" out. Carter thought that there was another person in the water and quickly dove back into the water. Carter searched in the murky water, when suddenly something glinted in the darkness. He swam over towards the glint, when he suddenly saw a woman floating near the bottom of the lake. He swam towards her and was instantly taken by her sheer beauty. He saw her raise her hand as if reaching out to him. As he swam towards her, he reached out to grab her hand. As he got within reach of her, a ring appeared in her hand. Carter reached for her hand but as he grabbed for it, her hand became like water and he only had hold of the ring. At that moment, he realized that had been underwater for too long and his breath was all but spent. He quickly swam towards the light of the surface. He started to black out and just as he was getting to the surface, he lost consciousness. He awoke on the shore of the lake, near the car. He was being attended by paramedics, who then transported him to a local hospital. The police later would tell him that he had done a very brave thing. He told the police of the woman he had tried to save, but they then told him that their dive teams had searched the area and that there was nobody else found. The woman was dismissed as a hallucination. Carter's mind could not figure it out and so he too believed it. When Carter was getting ready to leave the hospital, he was given a bag of his possessions. He took out his wallet and clothes... but then he found a green-metal ring lying in the bottom of the bag. It was intricately engraved with Celtic designs. It seemed to glow in the light, yet did not give off light. As he looked at ring, he suddenly got a flashback from the lake... the woman… the woman had handed him the ring!!!
When he arrived back home, Carter placed the ring on his desk. One evening he dreamed of the woman in the lake. He awoke standing in-front-of his desk... holding the ring. Finally, he decided to slip it on his finger. As the ring settled onto his finger, it ever-so-slightly changed, making itself perfectly sized for his finger. Carter was bombarded with images and ideas. He saw King Arthur…. He saw the betrayal of Lancelot. He saw a wooded grove… and a challenge… In a second, Carter realized that he was holding a powerful item… The Ring of the Green Knight. As his mind processed the information, he 'remembered' that he 'knew' that the fabled armor of the Green Knight was an energy construct of the ring. The ring could craft almost anything that the wearer dared to imagine. Carter smiled to himself as he realized that he had been chosen as the new Green Knight. He sat for most of the next day staring at the ring. That evening he came to a decision… he placed the ring onto his finger and imagined a suit of armor. After standing in front of a mirror for several minutes, trying different designs, he finally settled upon a design that he liked. He then started testing his powers. After a short time, when he felt that he had a good grasp of the ring's workings, he walked out onto his penthouse balcony and willed himself into the air…. The GREEN KNIGHT was reborn… With a shout of sheer joy, Carter willingly accepted his new role.
Hargrieves International recently purchased a new building, which is located in the port town of Bedlam. The old <Gorman Tower> was purchased and Carter decided to make this his new corporate headquarters.

:arrow: Hope you like this twist on a Green Lantern character. A mystical build with a tie into Arthurian legend.

Emerald Flame
Paragon
Paragon

Re: Emerald Flame's 3e Builds (Horseman -vs- Corsair)

Postby Emerald Flame » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:37 pm

THE SHADOW III (3e)

Strength 2
Stamina 2
Agility 4
Dexterity 4
Fighting 6
Intellect 3
Awareness 3
Presence 2

Advantages
Accurate Attack, Assessment, Benefit, Ambidexterity, Benefit, Cipher, Benefit, Wealth 4 (multimillionare),
Connected, Contacts, Daze (Deception), Defensive Attack, Diehard, Eidetic Memory, Equipment 4,
Evasion, Hide in Plain Sight, Languages 1, Luck 2, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 3, Takedown, Wellinformed

Skills
Athletics 3 (+5), Deception 3 (+5), Expertise: Swim 1 (+5), Expertise: Concentration 5 (+8),
Expertise: Diplomacy 3 (+6), Expertise: Escape Artist 3 (+6), Expertise: Streetwise 4 (+7), Intimidation 5
(+7), Perception 4 (+7), Persuasion 3 (+5), Stealth 9 (+13), Technology 3 (+6), Vehicles 3 (+7)

Powers
"Nothing but his Shadow": Concealment 4 (All Visual Senses; Limited: Leaves his Shadow)
"The Shadow Knows": Mind Reading 10 (DC 20)
"See what I want": Illusion 2 (Alternate; Affects: Two Sense Types - Sight and Sound, Area: 4 cft.,
DC 12; Limited: Phantasms Only)
"Mind over Matter" Telekinesis: Move Object 6 (Alternate; 3200 lbs., DC 22; Accurate: +2, Damaging, Improvised
Weapon)

Custom Handguns w/ Accelerator Rounds: Damage 6 (DC 21; Accurate 2: +4, Multiattack, Split: 2 targets)

Features:
Alarm 1, Caltrops, Navigation System 1, Oil Slick, Remote Control
Powers
Shadow Cloak: Concealment 2 (Sense - Sight)
Speed: Speed 6 (Speed: 120 miles/hour, 1800 feet/round)

Offense
Initiative +4
"The Shadow Knows": Mind Reading 10 (DC Will 20)
Custom Handguns: Damage 6, +10 (DC 21)
Grab, +6 (DC Spec 12)
Telekinesis: Move Object 6, +9 (DC 22)
Throw, +7 (DC 17)
Unarmed, +6 (DC 17)

Complications
Hunted: The Shadow is viewed as simply a vigilante and is hunted as one.
Motivation: Responsibility: Having seen the destruction wrought by the criminal element of the world, the
Shadow feels he must use his abilities to fight ".. the bitter weed of crime.."
Reputation: The Shadow is rapidly gaining a reputation as a major threat to the criminal underworld.
Secret: The general population has no idea that Stephen Cranston is the Shadow.

Languages
Chinese (Mandarin), English

Defense
Dodge 7, Parry 7, Fortitude 4, Toughness 2, Will 8

Power Points
Abilities 52 + Powers 41 + Advantages 29 + Skills 17 (49 ranks) + Defenses 11 = 150

Stephen was a normal guy... His life was uneventful, until a courier delivered a package to him, mailed from a man claiming to be his father. As far as he knew, his father had walked out on his mother and him when he was very young. His mother had never talked about his father. In the package was a ring set with a fire opal mounted in it. There was no return address and only a note saying, "Your legacy is now yours to explore". Signed... "S"

Stephen slipped the ring on his finger. A sudden rush of information bombarded his mind and as suddenly, he was knocked unconscious. It unlocked hidden potential within his mind. Suddenly, he knew what his legacy was... His great-grandfather had been Lamont Cranston... a self-styled vigilante.. a man known as the Shadow. His father had assumed the mantle from him and now, it was his legacy to carry on.
Stephen started to explore his powers and soon was able to cloak his presense and also reach into other people's minds and create illusions there. He donned the attire so readily known as the Shadow and took to the streets.
Unfortunately for Stephen, the "Shadow" comes with it's own problems. There is a legacy of people that have a grudge against the Shadow. Major mob families have been hurt by the Shadow and they have long memories. He has a reputation that is both an asset and liability. Criminals fear the Shadow but the authorities are hunting him.

When Stephen found his father's Sanctum and his other equipment the custom .45's were in a locked case. Stephen would later modify these famous pistols into machine pistols.
There was a bloody hand print on the glass case which housed the pistols.... Was it his father's blood? Was it somebody else's? It seemed that the mystery that is the Shadow existed on many levels.
Stephen also found that the Shadow has a network of contacts that only know that the Shadow saved them and now, they owed him their lives.

Emerald Flame
Paragon
Paragon

Re: Emerald Flame's 3e Builds (Whitestar)

Postby Emerald Flame » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:23 pm

WHITESTAR

Team Affiliation: Young Justice

Strength 1
Stamina 1
Agility 2
Dexterity 2
Fighting 3
Intellect 1
Awareness 2
Presence 1

Advantages
Agile Feint, Equipment 3, Languages 1 (Native: English; French Canadian), Move-by Action, Power Attack, Second Chance: AGILITY Saves,
Ultimate Effort: WILL Saves, Uncanny Dodge

Skills
Acrobatics 1 (+3), Athletics 2 (+3), Close Combat: Key Si 1 (+4), Expertise (AGL): Mountain Biking 5 (+7),
Expertise: Earth Science 3 (+4), Expertise: Popular Culture 4 (+5), Insight 2 (+4), Investigation 1 (+2),
Perception 3 (+5), Ranged Combat: Energy Manipulation 1 (+3), Stealth 1 (+3), Technology 2 (+3),
Vehicles 2 (+4)

Powers

*Energy Aura: Immunity: Immunity 5 (Linked; Environmental Condition: Heat, Environmental Condition: Cold,
Environmental Condition: Radiation, Environmental Condition: Pressure Extremes, Suffocation: Self-sustaining
air)
* Flight: Flight 8 (Speed: 500 miles/hour, 1 mile/round)
* Force Field: Protection 8 (+8 Toughness; Impervious, Sustained)
* Uniform Quick Change: Feature 1
* White Energy Manipulation
> Constructs: Create 8 (Volume: 250 cft., DC 18; Precise)
> Force Blast: Damage 8 (DC 23; Affects Insubstantial: half ranks, Increased Range: ranged)
> Force Manipulation: Move Object 8 (6 tons, DC 23; Damaging, Precise)
> Light our darkest hour: Environment 1 ([0 active, 0/25 PP, 2/r], Impede Movement (2 ranks), Radius:
30 feet)
> Movable Constructs: Create 6 (Volume: 60 cft., DC 16; Movable)

Equipment
Cell Phone (Smartphone)
Computer
Motorcycle

Offense
Initiative +2
Force Blast: Damage 8, +3 (DC 23)
Force Manipulation: Move Object 8, +3 (DC 23)
Grab, +4 (DC Spec 11)
Throw, +2 (DC 16)
Unarmed, +4 (DC 16)

Complications
Accident: (More to follow)
Motivation: Doing Good (More to follow)
Motivation: Thrills (More to follow)

Languages
English, French(French Canadian)

Defense
Dodge 4, Parry 3, Fortitude 2, Toughness 9, Will 5

Power Points
Abilities 26 + Powers 68 + Advantages 10 + Skills 10 (28 ranks) + Defenses 6 = 120

Emerald Flame
Paragon
Paragon

Re: Emerald Flame's 3e Builds (Iron Guardian)

Postby Emerald Flame » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:58 pm

IRON GUARDIAN

Image by ProlificPen / Colorshift by Emerald Flame

OK!! It is a shameless rip-off of the Iron Man suit. I accept that. Originally, I was going to play the Horseman in our new campaign, but I found myself in a position where I felt the Horseman has "lived" it's life and I thought that I would leave him where he is. I then opted to try a different character. While debating what that character would be, I sat down and watched the Avengers movie with my son.. after seeing Iron Man in that movie, I knew that I wanted to play an Iron Man-esque clone. I initally thought of Warmachine, but then I looked at our setting and the game we were going to play and realized that Warmachine didn't seem to me to fit in all that well.. SO... I then opted to clone Iron Man and use that. I borrowed some tweaks from here and there and dubbed the finished product, the IRON GUARDIAN!!

Strength 4
Stamina 1
Agility 3
Dexterity 3
Fighting 1
Intellect 4
Awareness 2
Presence 0

Advantages
Benefit, Wealth 3 (millionare), Equipment 4, Improved Initiative, Improvised Tools, Inventor, Minion 3,
Minion 3, Power Attack, Second Chance: TOUGH Saves

Skills
Athletics 1 (+5), Close Combat: Unarmed 1 (+2), Expertise: Industry 2 (+6), Insight 1 (+3), Perception 1
(+3), Technology 5 (+9)

Powers
Iron Guardian U.C.M. (Urban Combat Module) (Removable)
* Energy Blasters: Blast 9 (technological, DC 24; Extended Range 2, Penetrating, Precise)
> Bunker Buster "Ex-Wife": Line Area Damage 9 (Alternate; DC 24; Line Area: 5 feet wide by 30
feet long, Increased Range: ranged, Penetrating 5; Tiring, Unreliable (5 uses))
> Forearm Blade: Strength-based Strike 2 (Alternate; technological, DC 21; Penetrating)
> Harpoon and Winch
+ Harpoon Launcher: Strike 8 (Linked; choose descriptor, technological, DC 23; Increased Range:
ranged, Penetrating)
+ Power Winch: Move Object 5 (Linked; technological, 1600 lbs.; Limited: Pulls towards only)
> High Output Cutting Laser
+ Damage: Damage 7 (Linked; DC 22; Increased Range: ranged, Penetrating)
+ Weaken: Weaken 6 (Linked; Affects: TOUGHNESS, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 16)
> Micro Missle System: Blast 7 (Alternate; DC 22; Multiattack)
> Multi-Target Anti-Personnel Weapon: Blast 8 (Alternate; technological, DC 23; Split 4: 5 targets)
> Poly-Steel Binders: Snare 7 (Alternate; technological, DC 17)
> Stun Pulse System: Cumulative Affliction 7 (Alternate; technological, 1st degree: Dazed, 2nd
degree: Disabled, 3rd degree: Incapacitated, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 17; Cumulative, Increased Range:
ranged)
> Super-Cruiser Mode: Flight 6 (Alternate; technological, Speed: 120 miles/hour, 1800 feet/round;
Stacks with: Thrusters: Flight 6)

* Enhanced AGL: Enhanced Agility 3 (+3 AGL)
* Enhanced Dexterity: Enhanced Dexterity 3 (+3 DEX)
* Enhanced Synth_Muscles: Enhanced Strength 3 (technological, +3 STR)
* Enviromental Adaptation System: Variable 1 (technological; Reaction 3: reaction; Limited: Limited to
environmental effects, Limited: Must encounter effect before change)
* Kinetic-Reactive Armor: Protection 10 (technological, +10 Toughness; Impervious)
* Life Support: Immunity 4 (Suffocation (All), Uncommon Descriptor: EMP)
* O.R.A.C.L.E. On-Board Computer: Enhanced Trait 3 (technological, Advantages: Minion 3)
On-Board Tactical Computer: Enhanced Trait 2 (technological, Ranged Combat +4 (+7))
* Psi-Shielding: Enhanced Trait 4 (technological, Will +4 (+8); Limited: Only -vs- Mental Attacks/Effects)
* R.O.V.E.R.: Enhanced Trait 3 (technological, Advantages: Minion 3)
* Sensor Suite: Senses 10 (technological, Danger Sense: Visual, Detect: Visual 1, Direction Sense,
Distance Sense, Extended: Visual 2: x100, Infravision, Radio, Time Sense, Ultravision)
* Thrusters: Flight 6 (technological, Speed: 120 miles/hour, 1800 feet/round)

Equipment
Skyscraper HQ

Offense
Initiative +7
Bunker Buster "Ex-Wife": Line Area Damage 9 (DC 24)
Damage: Damage 7, +3 (DC 22)
Energy Blasters: Blast 9, +7 (DC 24)
Forearm Blade: Strength-based Strike 2, +2 (DC 21)
Grab, +2 (DC Spec 14)
Harpoon Launcher: Strike 8, +7 (DC 23)
Micro Missle System: Blast 7, +7 (DC 22)
Multi-Target Anti-Personnel Weapon: Blast 8, +7 (DC 23)
Poly-Steel Binders: Snare 7, +11 (DC Dog 17)
Power Winch: Move Object 5, +3 (DC 15)
Stun Pulse System: Cumulative Affliction 7, +7 (DC Fort 17)
Throw, +3 (DC 19)
Unarmed, +2 (DC 19)
Weaken: Weaken 6, +1 (DC Fort 16)

Complications
Motivation: Thrills: Being a hero gives Carter Crane a feeling of "being alive"
Secret: Secret Identity: Carter Crane is the owner of Crane Technologies... A think-tank for prototyping
and developing new technologies. Nobody in the general public knows that Carter is the person in the
Iron Guardian suit.

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 5, Parry 3, Fortitude 4, Toughness 11, Will 8/4

Power Points
Abilities 18 + Powers 90 + Advantages 12 + Skills 6 (11 ranks) + Defenses 9 = 135

:arrow: If you follow my work.. you will notice that this suit design is really and truly a repackage of the Paladin/Horseman suits. I did this because there are aspects of both suits that I really like. This is also the first suit that I will "hopefully" be able to play for an extended length of time.

:arrow: Keep your eyes on this character... I have some cool ideas for him as he gets more experience in game. :twisted:

Image by ubald007 / Colorshift by Emerald Flame

Emerald Flame
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Emerald Flame » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:55 am

Lady Sting - PL 10

Original byDSNG / Recolored by Emerald Flame

Dexterity 3
Fighting 5
Intellect 2
Awareness 3
Presence 4

Advantages
Agile Feint, All-out Attack, Attractive, Defensive Attack, Diehard, Improved Critical: Tail Strike, Improved
Disarm, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Smash, Improved Trip, Improvised Weapon
, Power
Attack

Skills
Acrobatics 4 (+8), Athletics 3 (+8), Close Combat: Claw Blades: Strength-based Strike 3 4 (+9), Expertise:
Fashion 4 (+6), Intimidation 1 (+5), Perception 3 (+6), Stealth 3 (+7), Technology 1 (+3), Vehicles 2 (+5)

Powers
Advanced Physio-Suit
* Bonded Armor: Protection 8 (Linked; +8 Toughness; Impervious)
* Claw Blades: Strength-based Strike 3 (Linked; DC 23; Penetrating)
* Enhanced Ability: Enhanced Strength 4 (Linked; +4 STR)
* Leaping: Leaping 1 (Linked; Leap 15 feet at 4 miles/hour)
* Movement: Movement 2 (Linked; Sure-footed 1, Wall-crawling 1: -1 speed rank)
* Sensory Upgrade: Senses 4 (Linked; Darkvision, Direction Sense, Infravision)
* Speed: Speed 4 (Linked; Speed: 30 miles/hour, 500 feet/round)
* Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait 7 (Advantages: Improved Critical,
Improved Disarm, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Smash, Improved Trip, Improvised Weapon)

Scorpion Tail
*Damage: Damage 10 (DC 25; Increased Range: ranged, Precise)
* Neuro-linked tail: Extra Limbs 1 (1 extra limb, Advantages: Improved Grab)
* Tail Blade: Strength-based Strike 3 (DC 23; Penetrating, Precise)

Offense
Initiative +4
Claw Blades: Strength-based Strike 3, +9 (DC 23)
Damage: Damage 10, +3 (DC 25)
Grab, +5 (DC Spec 15)
Tail Blade: Strength-based Strike 3, +9 (DC 23)
Throw, +3 (DC 20)
Unarmed, +9 (DC 20)

Complications
Hatred: She has vowed to hunt down and destroy her ex-boyfriend and the criminal organization he
belongs to.
Obsession: Lady Sting is driven by a quest for revenge, but also to re-obtain the beauty that she
remembers having. The sad truth is that she is still an attractive woman, but she sees herself as
disfigured and ugly.
Quirk: She is permanently bonded into the Lady Sting suit... Large Scorpion tail and all.

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 9
Parry 8
Fortitude 3
Toughness 11
Will 5

Power Points
Abilities 50 + Powers 71 + Advantages 6 + Skills 13 (25 ranks) + Defenses 10 = 150
That all ended when she angered her boyfriend. He was involved with the Mob and was dealing drugs and arms. Natalie returned home early one day and stumbled into the deal. Her boyfriend became enraged and beat her severely, including being sliced numerous times with a knife, and then was dumped in the desert to die.
As she lay in the blazing sun, her mind reeled and she became cold and emotionless. She saw her beauty as having been taken away and this left her feeling inhuman. She simply let her hatred build until she could find a way to seek revenge. Unconsciousness and what she thought would be death overcame her.
When Natalie awoke, she found herself laying in a small room with her wounds cleaned and dressed. The last thing that she remembered was being confronted by her boyfriend. He had been in a blind rage. The rest was a blur.
Apparently, she had staggered half naked, battered, delerious and dehydrated through the desert. She came upon a small dwelling and she had banged on the door for help. A nervous-looking man opened the door to her room and brought her in some food and water. He was a medical doctor and was working with advanced cybernetics among other things. His work was rather controversial and so he had sought solitude to complete it.
As Natalie healed, she told the doctor of the incident and her desire for revenge. One evening, Dr. Hadrurus offered her an option. He told her that he would make her beautiful once again. Natalie agreed to be his test-subject and allowed him to perform the surgery to make her beautiful again. This being her driving goal... even ahead of revenge. The part that Natalie failed to look at was in the definition of beautiful. Dr. Hadrurus had been alone in the desert for so long that his mind, already fragile, had slipped further into his own delusional world. He had started to keep the desert scorpions as pets and had named them. Prior to Natalie's arrival, the scorpions had been his only company. He came to see the scorpion as a truly beautiful creature and one that was highly underestimated.
The advanced battlesuit that Hadrurus had been working on was based on a form-fitting bodysuit that contained a layer of synthetic muscle-like fibers. The neural relays read the wearer's muscle impulses and then amplified them through the suit, in effect granting the wearer enhanced strength. The suit also incoprorated a thin layer of next-gen armor. As part of the suit, Dr. Hadrurus added a rather unique weapon system… a large scorpion tail. The tail would grant the suit an extra limb that can assist in a grapple, or it can deploy a super-hardened blade that can cut through armor. Due to the necessity to integrate the suit to the wearer's central nervious system... the suit would have to be bonded to the wearer, becoming in effect.. a second skin. Dr. Hadurrus failed to mention this to Natalie before he put her under for the procedure. Natalie awoke to find herself bonded into a suit that effectively turned her into a freak. Granted, she now had the power to exact her revenge, but the shock of her transformation, drove her into a blond rage. She lashed out and killed Dr. Hadurrus, the only man would could possibly reverse the process. She destroyed his lab and fled into the desert. Her already wounded psyche now in a rubble.

:arrow: This is an update from a 2ed build I made. I liked the idea back then and I still do. I chose a different picture as I am not overly happy with the older one.

Let me know what you think.

monele
Henchman
Henchman

Postby monele » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:52 am

Interesting concept. Is she a vigilante? A villain? Or just someone with her very personal goals?
You made her tail ranged... isn't that a short range of 250ft as a result? Sounds like a lot. Also, what do all the "Linked" mean?

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:19 pm

I like the top picture better than the all scarlet "Iron-girl with a tail" pic at the bottom. Just a more intersting look aesthetically. I do agree with monele about the ranged extra on the tail. Wouldn't one or two ranks of Reach be sufficient, unless the tail really does extend that 250ft or has a blast built into it.

Otherwise, I think she's great. I have a fondness for heroes that are closer to "street" level, so she appeals to me from a genre perspective.

Emerald Flame
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Emerald Flame » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:09 pm

MAYHEM

Strength 1
Stamina 1
Agility 2
Dexterity 2
Fighting 1
Intellect 3
Awareness 3
Presence 3

Advantages
Connected, Diehard, Evasion 2, Hide in Plain Sight, Luck 4, Uncanny Dodge, Well-informed

Skills
Athletics 1 (+2), Close Combat: ???? 2 (+3), Expertise: Insurance Business 6 (+9), Insight 3 (+6),
Investigation 1 (+4), Perception 1 (+4), Persuasion 3 (+6)

Powers
"Did we notice who?": Concealment 4 (All Visual Senses; Blending, Partial, Uncontrolled)
"How could he survive that?": Immortality 7 (Return after 8 hours; Limited: Limited to circumstances of
plausible survival)
"How did he survive that fall?": Movement 1 (Safe Fall)
Catastrophe: Damage 10 (DC 25; Increased Range 2: perception, Indirect 4: any point, any direction,
Subtle 2: undetectable, Variable Descriptor: close group - "Accidents")
Find your weakness: Enhanced Trait 0 (Penetrating, Variable Descriptor 2: broad group - Attacks;
Quirk: Limited to lower of Attack or Extra's Rank)
Fortunate of him...: Nullify 8 (Counters: Effects that could be countered by Coincidence, DC 11;
Reaction 3: reaction; Decreased Range: Personal)
It's just a scratch / Defensive Luck: Protection 10 (+10 Toughness; Sustained)

Offense
Initiative +2
Catastrophe: Damage 10 (DC 25)
Fortunate of him...: Nullify 1, +2 (DC Will 11)
Grab, +1 (DC Spec 11)
Throw, +2 (DC 16)
Unarmed, +1 (DC 16)

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 9, Parry 8, Fortitude 5, Toughness 11, Will 9

Power Points
Abilities 32 + Powers 64 + Advantages 11 + Skills 9 (17 ranks) + Defenses 24 = 165

Backstory:
Alex Jones was just another face in the insurance business. He had gotten his agent's license but after a short time, his supervisors realized that he was no cut out for the sales side of operations. Alex was moved to a position that was better suited for his gruff and sometimes callous demeanor.... Statistics.

Alex would spend the next several years working in the statisitical analysis division, calculating insurance coverages based on probabilities. As he worked in the office, he started to see odd little patterns. He started to research these patterns more and more and soon he started to realize that there was a connection. The more he studied, the more he learned.... The more he learned, the more indepth he started to see the patterns. One day, as he sat at his desk pouring through a stack of papers, a happenstance would occur that would change his life forever. A co-worker walked by and bumped a stack of papers that started an avalanche of events that upon their conclusion found Alex sitting in a pile of paperwork. As he looked around, the apparently hap-hazard scattering of paperwork suddenly revealed the final piece to his understanding. As if a switch was thrown, the world suddenly took on a whole new appearance. He could see "probablities" and even more than that... he could control them. There was a side-effect to this new found power however... the probability of somebody NOT noticing him increased dramatically. Suddenly people seemed to not notice him, even to the point that people could glance past him and not even notice him. He had become nearly invisible... just because of the probability of it happening.

As Alex grew more skilled at manipulating probablities, he started to use his abilities to deliver unlucky events on people and then moved up to full-on catastrophes. He initally targeted the people in his life that he felt had wronged him in some way... then he moved on to bigger things... actually committing crimes with his abilities.

He started calling himself Mayhem and now revels in the ability to cause others misery.

:arrow: Not sure what needs to be said here. I really like the Allstate ads with Mayhem causing all sorts of grief. I guess I am just a little sick. :lol: When I first saw the commercials, the idea popped into my head and it was not until I obtained the Power Profiles: Luck that I had the proper tools to play around with the design. In all honesty, the powers are almost cut-and-paste from the supplement, but they seemed to fit perfectly.
:arrow: The one power that I liked was the Uncontrolled Concealment: Blending that I added. He has this great ability, but the down-side is that people just don't see to notice him anymore.

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Emerald Flame's 3e Builds (MAYHEM)

Postby Jabroniville » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:49 am

Every time I see those commercials, I think of "OZ" because Mayhem is played by the same guy who played Ryan O'Reilly on that show :). I need to look at more of those Power Profiles, too- I keep forgetting to check them out. Nifty use of the Luck Power stuff, too- some of those random abilities can be very well-done by the M&M system.

monele
Henchman
Henchman

Re: Emerald Flame's 3e Builds (MAYHEM)

Postby monele » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:51 am

Makes for a very cool origin and I find the fact he's otherwise mostly normal rather unnerving.

Return to “Roll Call”