World of Freedom: FC Setting Builds....

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Re: World of Freedom 3E: Artifacts Galore!!

Post by Spectrum » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:48 am

Wow, TM you're on a roll ;) How long have you letting that stuff stack up?

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:13 pm

HustlerOne wrote:Hey you built the Charms of Bezell from Ben 10! I remember Gwen (aka Lucky Girl) using one of the charms. All in all a nice collection of artifacts.
Thank you.

Yeah, I liked how the Charms were done in that show but I didn't do all of them since I thought a couple were redundant and I didn't want to be a total hack. I figured three of them would be enough given the abilities they bestow.
Spectrum wrote:Wow, TM you're on a roll ;) How long have you letting that stuff stack up?
Most of this past week really. A small part of them are just re-builds from the 2E Book of Magic while some are conversions from a D&D 3.5 book of Leagacy Weapons and a couple are random ideas I'd had. If you think that's bad I've been going through all my build notes and have something like 17-20 character builds waiting to be posted.

Some I'm holding off on as they're going to be coming up soon in my games while others I'm still tweeking out some story details on.

Plus I'm still working on descriptions for some of the more well known cities in the WOF settingl; at this point I've got Detroit half done and New York is about a third finished (I've worked the least on it so far).

So yeah, I've got some things in the works.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Seven-League Boots

Post by kenseido » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:22 pm

Great items, but I do have a comment.
Tattooedman wrote:Seven-League Boots: (Removable –3 pts) [12 pp]
Waling The World In Only A Few Steps: Teleport 4 (Extra: Accurate); (Feats: Change Direction, Change Velocity, Turnabout)
You need to buy Extended extra on Teleport to get the equivalent of a long range teleport. And with the +8 that gives you, it would be 16 miles in two move actions.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Seven-League Boots

Post by Tattooedman » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:24 pm

kenseido wrote:Great items, but I do have a comment.
Tattooedman wrote:Seven-League Boots: (Removable –3 pts) [12 pp]
Waling The World In Only A Few Steps: Teleport 4 (Extra: Accurate); (Feats: Change Direction, Change Velocity, Turnabout)
You need to buy Extended extra on Teleport to get the equivalent of a long range teleport. And with the +8 that gives you, it would be 16 miles in two move actions.

That's right. I forgot that was turned into an Extra, well that gave me an extra point to add in (just to keep the cost round, I'm odd like that) by adding the Easy feat so that the wearer isn't dazed or vulnerable when using the Boots.

-- Chiun

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Shock » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:44 am

Tattooedman wrote:The Serpent Scepter: (Easily Removable –32 pts) [50 pp]
Relic: Feature 1 [Indestructible]
Command Serpent People: Affliction 20 [Dazed, Compelled, Controlled; resisted by Will] (Extras: Area [Burst] 3, Cumulative); (Flaw: Limited [Serpent People Only])
-Create Serpent People: Transform 20 [humans/creatures into Serpent People/reptiles] (Extra: Area [Burst] 3)
You should build Create Serpent People as an Affliction (X/X/Transformed). Transform only works on objects in 3E.

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:14 am

Shock wrote:
Tattooedman wrote:The Serpent Scepter: (Easily Removable –32 pts) [50 pp]
Relic: Feature 1 [Indestructible]
Command Serpent People: Affliction 20 [Dazed, Compelled, Controlled; resisted by Will] (Extras: Area [Burst] 3, Cumulative); (Flaw: Limited [Serpent People Only])
-Create Serpent People: Transform 20 [humans/creatures into Serpent People/reptiles] (Extra: Area [Burst] 3)
You should build Create Serpent People as an Affliction (X/X/Transformed). Transform only works on objects in 3E.
Crap, off to edit again. Thanks to both Shock & kenseido.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Frostburn

Post by Tattooedman » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:48 am

Frostburn:
Nobody knows exactly how Frostburn was created but it is said to look like a quarterstaff that looks like it is made of petrified darkwood and topped by a gnarled head that has a deep blue sapphire fastened inside it (that glows whenever any of it’s magical abilities are used). Frostburn's story is liked to a female druidic mage, Sorelius, who preferred to live apart from society in the fringes where things were a bit wilder and was considered to be a hermit for the most part that seemed to prefer living in harmony with the local wildlife than with her own people. That still didn’t stop people from the surrounding area from seeking her out when they were in need of medical or magical aid (and sometimes both) as Sorelius was known for being able to work wonders with her knowledge of herbs and other ways to treat aliments.

At some point a group of marauders came to the area and began doing what marauders do best; leaving burnt-out villages in their wake. Somehow one of their members, Faron, was injured during one of their raids of a nearby village and somehow managed to wonder his way near where Sorelius’ home was. Her discovery of a nearly dead, armed man was shocking to say the least but she simply brought him back to her home and treated his wounds as best she could. Eventually Faron woke up and he and Sorelius became friends slowly over the many weeks it took him to heal and soon the pair had fallen in love. So much so, that Faron lied about why he’d been injured; explaining himself as a sword-for-hire who’d been brought in to deal with the marauders. He didn’t want to risk losing the woman he’d grown to care so much for and was afraid that if she knew the truth about his reasons for originally coming to the area she’d have nothing to do with him.

Eventually Faron’s wounds had healed to the point that he would have to leave to check in with his employers then return to Sorelius, but the truth was that he was going to search out his former allies, collect his share of their spoils then leave them to stay with Sorelius. Unfortunately during the time Faron had spent with Sorelius she’d been fighting on and off with the marauders and had killed a good deal of their number even though they had taken much of the surrounding area as their own and the marauders were looking for her hidden home to end her interference once and for all, so when Faron had a slip of the tongue and revealed that he knew where Sorelius lived he was set upon by his former allies and tortured for the information they sought.

When they’d gained that, the marauders set off to kill the witch who had been such a problem to them once and for all. What they hadn’t counted on was the fact that Faron wasn’t fully aware of all the magical traps that Sorelius had in place to protect her home and by the time the marauders had arrived there they’d lost almost half the men they’d first set off with and Sorelius was well aware of their arrival.

Sorelius attacked the remaining marauders with Frostburn in hand, throwing out a frightening about of ice and cold magics until only a few wounded men were left to question as to how they’d learned the location of her home. Tears filled the mage’s eyes as she learned the truth of her lover and with a heart now burning with grief and the sting of treachery; she flew across the country side like a force of nature. Sorelius razed every village in her path, wielding Frostburn with a cold fury until she came upon one of the more prominent villages of the land. There she unleashed a blizzard unlike any that had been seen in even the harshest of winters, freezing flesh on bone until it crystallized, cracked and flaked away in pieces in the winds she created. Finally satisfied with the toll she’d exacted on the marauders, Sorelius surveyed firsthand all the damages she’d wrought. It was only then that she saw Faron’s corpse, still somehow tied to the post the marauders had tortured him on, his wounds frozen as they’d been. She’d killed her lover in the throws of her rage and it was only then she learned the price of revenge.

Sorelius supposedly moved away from that region and became a committed hermit after that, never having regular contact with people ever again as a form of self-imposed punishment for the wrongs she’d inflicted. What ever became of Frostburn following her death is unknown.

Forstburn: (Easily Removable –20 pts) [31 pp]
Enchanted Artifact:
Feature 1 [Indestructible]
Strength-Based Damage 3 (Feat: Reach 2)
Freezing Spread: Ranged Damage 10 (Extra: Multiattack)
-Ice Spike: Ranged Damage 10 (Extra: Penetrating)
-Plague of Hail: Ranged Damage 10 (Feat: Indirect 3)
-Sleet Storm: Visual Concealment 4 (Extra: Area, Attack)
-Torrential Frost: Damage 10 (Extra: Area [Cone] 2)
-Unforgiving Cold: Environment 10 [extreme cold]
Winter’s Embrace: Immunity 10 [Cold Effects]

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Evening Star

Post by Tattooedman » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:50 am

Evening Star:
Said to have been created by the mage Eldarniel for his warrior lover Alenea, Evening Star was meant to be an artifact to protect Alenea while she fought for their clan during the Magi Wars. However there is little written or known about Alenea, thus much of Evening Star’s abilities are at best estimations by modern mages based on Eldarniel’s established style of magic; he was considered to be the authority on moon-based magics and celestial themed spells.

Evening Star: (Removable –10 pts) [43 pp]
Enchanted Artifact: Feature 1 [Indestructible]
Enthralling Lights: Ranged Affliction 10 [Dazed, Compelled, Controlled; resisted by Will] (Extras: Progressive); (Flaw: Sense Dependent [vision])
-Blinding Lights: Ranged Visual Affliction 10 [Impaired, Disabled, Unaware; resisted by Dodge/Fortitude] (Extra: Cumulative)
-Color Spray: Ranged Affliction 10 [Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated; resisted by Will] (Extra: Cumulative)
-Shooting Stars: Ranged Damage 10 (Feat: Homing 5)
Resilient Like The Stars:
Enhanced Fortitude 3
Enhanced Will 3
Starbright: Senses 2 [Low-Light Vision, Vision (Extended)]
Tales In The Sky: Senses 4 [Precognition] (Flaw: Limited [must be able to look at stars in the sky])
Twinkle: Visual Concealment 4

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Devious & Vicious

Post by Tattooedman » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:52 am

Devious & Vicious:
Created for Corselan and Belgrath, a brother and sister team of assassins, during the Magi War, Devious and Vicious were designed to enhance their skills and over the many years during the war they killed numerous enemies for their clan.

Unfortunately neither Belgrath nor Corselan survived the war and both Devious and Vicious were considered lost by the remaining members of the Magi, but periodically both enchanted kukris would reappear throughout history, sometimes together and other times singly, only to be lost once again. Currently they are on display at separate museums, in different cities, each a part of a display concerning the medieval period of history.

Devious: (Easily Removable –12 pts) [19 pp]
Enchanted Edge: Strength-Based Damage 4 (Feat: Improved Critical 5)
Devious Eavesdropper: Mind Reading 8
Devious Skill: Enhanced Skill 2 [Deception +6]
Devious Mastery: Enhanced Advantages 2 [Second Chance (Deception Checks), Skill Mastery (Deception)]
Mirrored Surface: Feature 1 [Reflective coating]

Vicious: (Easily Removable –8 pts) [15 pp]
Enchanted Edge: Strength-Based Damage 4 (Feat: Improved Critical 5)
Vicious Intimidation: Affliction 8 [Dazed, Compelled, Controlled; resisted by Will] (Extra: Area [Burst]); (Flaw: Quirk [Can only make people run away])
Vicious Skill: Enhanced Skill 2 [Intimidation +6]
Vicious Mastery: Enhanced Advantages 2 [Second Chance (Intimidation Checks), Skill Mastery (Intimidation)]
Mirrored Surface: Feature 1 [Reflective coating]

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Shield

Post by Tattooedman » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:02 am

The Shield:
PL:
Strength 5
Stamina 5
Agility 4
Dexterity 4
Fighting 6
Intellect 2
Awareness 4
Presence 2

Skills: Acrobatics 4 (+8.), Athletics 5 (+10), Deception 9 (+11), Expertise [Soldier] 12 (+15), Expertise [Military] 9 (+11), Insight 8 (+12), Intimidation 8 (+10), Investigation 6 (+8.), Perception 8 (+12), Persuasion 4 (+6), Sleight of Hand 4 (+8.), Stealth 9 (+14), Technology 4 (+6), Treatment 5 (+7), Vehicles [Air] 5 (+11), Vehicles [Land] 5 (+11)

Advantages: Assessment, Close Attack 4, Defensive Strike, Equipment 4, Evasion, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Aim, Improved Critical [Unarmed] 2, Improved Feint, Improved Initiative, Languages 4 [German, French, Russian, 5 others], Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 6, Redirect, Skill Mastery [Stealth], Takedown 2, Tracking

Powers: Photonic Energy Matrix: (Removable –7 pts) [32 pp]
Photon Shield:
Enhanced Advantage 1 [Improved Defense]
Enhanced Dodge 3
Enhanced Parry 3
Photonic Lance: Ranged Damage 10 (Extra: Penetrating)
-Photonic Force: Create 7 (Extras: Movable, Selective, Stationary); (Feat: Tether)
-Photonic Energy Melee Weapons: Strength-Based Damage 5 (Extra: Penetrating 10); (Feats: Improved Critical 3, Variable 3 [bludgeoning, piercing, slashing, light])

Offense: Initiative +8
Melee Attack +10 // Unarmed Damage +5; critical 18-20 // Knife Damage +1; critical 19-20 // Photonic Energy Weapon Damage +10; critical 17-20
Ranged Attack +10 // Machine Pistol Damage +4 // Photonic Lance Damage +10

Defense: Dodge +12*/+9 [*Photon Shield]
Parry +12*/+9 [*Photon Shield]
Toughness +8*/+5 [*Costume]
Fortitude +8
Will +10

Equipment: Costume [Protection 3]
Commando Arsenal: (17ep)
Fragmentation Grenades [Ranged Area (Burst) Damage 5]
-Heavy Machine Pistol [Ranged Damage 4, Extra: Multiattack]
-Knife [Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1; Critical 19-20]

Costs: Abilities 60+ Skills 35+ Advantages 33+ Powers 32+ Defenses 17= 177 pts.

Height: 6’2”
Weight: 210 lbs
Hair: Black
Eye Color: Hazel

Complications:
On A Short Leash: Thanks to his deal with AEGIS, Richard must perform all the missions they give him or else he’ll be returned to jail to finish out his life sentence.

Secret ~His Past: Richard was convicted of war crimes and sentenced to life imprisonment.

Background: Growing up in the Ozarks parts of Arkansas Richard “Rick” Lyons learned at a young age how to handle a gun and move as quietly as possible. He had to; otherwise he’d not have any supper.

His life was as normal as the next skinny mountain kid but when Rick turned eighteen he joined the Marine Corps and his skill with a gun led him to become one of the best snipers to graduate the course. Thanks to his skill-set and mentality Rick soon found himself working all over the world on various military missions with other highly trained people; James Walker, Carter Jacobs, Susan West to name a few. There were others, several others actually, as there was a constant influx of new faces every couple of missions but Rick didn’t mind overall since they all either proved they could do the job or not and if they couldn’t then they got reassigned very quickly.

Rick was sent on a black op in Iraq that went wrong; so wrong that only Rick and one other member of the unit managed to make it to the extraction point, both having sustained serious injuries. Rick awoke several days later in a hospital ward to find that he’d been placed under arrest during that time; it seems that their commanding officer had lied about the mission being sanctioned and as a result all the surviving members of the unit were dishonorably discharged from service and sentenced to life in prison for their crimes. During the trial Rick learned that the documents his commanding officer had shown the unit while prepping for the mission were forgeries but the JAG Officer made it look as if the whole unit was in on the CO’s plan and why he and the other survivor had been arrested and tried in the first place.

Soon enough Rick was sitting in a 6 and half foot by 11 foot cell the Ohio State Penitentiary, south of Cleveland, and he spent three years three before he saw someone that wasn’t the guard bringing one of his two meals a day. His visitor was none other than Harry Powers, the Director of AEGIS, and he had an offer for Rick: agree to lead a uniquely skilled team of operatives for him on missions that were so in the black even his old commanders would never hear of them and in return, after several years of service, Rick could be a free man with a new name, a new face and a new start in life.

Rick realized he what he was being offered; a dicey shot at freedom and he’d have to do things he’d never considered before but given the situation he currently was in what real choice did he have? Maybe along the way he could figure out a way to clear his name, or at least find his old CO and pay him a visit. So Rick agreed to Power’s deal and a few days later he was given his uniform, or costume rather as well as his code name; the Shield. He also was given a pair of gauntlets that allowed him to manipulate a bandwidth of energy for various uses: protective shields as well as various weapons he was trained in the use of.

Rick was then informed of the nature of the missions he’d be undertaking for AEGIS, specifically he would deal with threats to the United States by various organizations and people; SHADOW, Eurostar, VIPER, and the Mastermind to name a few of them, but he wouldn’t be waiting for them to make their moves. In fact he and his team would be making pre-emptive strikes against them, and that was another thing; his team would constantly be changing depending upon the mission. In fact every team would be different as they would be comprised of various super villains whose skills, powers, or knowledge could be useful to the success of the various missions and it would be part of Rick’s job to keep them focused on the mission and in line until it was completed. He was also told that if any mission was a failure, Rick would be returned to finish out his life sentence. So far Rick has managed to complete all the missions he's been assigned but given the unstable nature of his team members that could change in a heartbeat.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-- Chiun

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by EnigmaticOne » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:09 am

Nice stuff... what are the Magi Wars though?
Impeach the peach!

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Deathsquad

Post by Tattooedman » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:38 am

The Deathsquad: A collection of several either highly skilled and metamen wet-works teams and solo operatives; the Deathsquad is nothing more than a collection of hired guns and killers, who after a pitched gun battle against AEGIS when they were all separately hired to go after specific targets by different criminal organizations, found they all had much in common and were all quite willing to work together in pursuit of higher profits.

In the few years since then the Deathsquad has managed to stay a step or two ahead of law enforcement by sending out members on jobs as needed, meaning that if Doubletap feels that he and the Hong Kong Kid can eliminate a mark then those two are the only members of the Deathsquad to go. Often times the members are active all across the country and even sometimes around the world thanks to the connections of Sabot, Flechette and Pointman.

(from left to right: Sixgun, Doubletap, the Hong Kong Kid)

Sixgun:
PL:
Strength 4
Stamina 2
Agility 2
Dexterity 2
Fighting 6
Intellect 0
Awareness 1
Presence 0

Skills: Athletics 6 (+10), Expertise [Criminal] 9 (+9), Expertise [Mercenary] 6 (+6), Insight 6 (+7), Intimidation 12 (+12), Perception 9 (+10), Ranged Combat [Gun Arms] 6 (+10), Stealth 6 (+8.)

Advantages: All-Out Attack, Close Attack 4, Daze [Intimidation], Equipment, Interpose, Luck [Determination], Power Attack, Ranged Attack 2, Startle

Powers: Bio-Mechanical Reshaping: Shapeshift 8 [technological descriptor only] (Extra: Free Action) 9 pp per rank
Multiple Arms:
Extra Limbs 4 [4 arms] (Feats: Benefit [Ambidexterity], Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Improved Hold]
Metallic Skin: Protection 10

Offense: Initiative +2
Melee Attack +10
Ranged Attack +4 // Gun Arms Attack +10

Defense: Dodge +8
Parry +8
Toughness +12
Fortitude +8
Will +8

Equipment: Commlink

Costs: Abilities 34+ Skills 21+ Advantages 13+ Powers 90+ Defenses 21= 179 pts.

Height: 6'
Weight: 200 lbs
Hair: Red
Eye Color: Green

Complications:
Family Matters: Sixgun always sends part of his payments back to his family to help support them.

Disowned: When it became public knowledge how Sixgun made his money, it broke his family's heart. To save themselves from further heartache they disowned him and have cut off all forms of communication with him, always returning every letter he's sent them since then.

The Road Back Home: Sixgun's told him was that if he turns himself in and abandons his criminal ways they will accept him back and he has been giving it serious consideration as he is now starting to feel the toll of his crimes. The only problem is that he knows the other members of the Deathsquad won't let him walk away like that and would likely target his family in retaliation.

Background: Jason Holiday has lived a life of crime much of his life, born into poverty in a violent neighborhood in Columbus, Ohio, there was little other options for him. When his mutant power to turn himself into a walking arsenal manifested he knew it was the ticket out for him and his family.

Jason became an enforcer, high-jacker, and sometimes assassin, earning more money than he really knew what to do with it all. Even though he lived the high life, Jason always sent a sizeable portion back to his family allowing them to relocate themselves to a better place to live and raise his siblings.

So when AEGIS' attempt to capture him and the other future members of the Deathsquad was shown on national news his family's hearts broke as they recognized him. Quickly realizing how their oldest son had been supporting them the Holiday family broke all ties to him until he makes amends by turning himself into AEGIS and paying the debt to society he owes.
Doubletap:
PL:
Strength 3
Stamina 5
Agility 6
Dexterity 6
Fighting 6
Intellect 3
Awareness 5
Presence 2

Skills: Acrobatics 2 (+8.), Athletics 6 (+9),Deception 10 (+12), Expertise [Agent] 6 (+), Expertise [Criminal] 10 (+13), Expertise [Mercenary] 10 (+13), Insight 8 (+13), Intimidation 10 (+12), Investigation 6 (+8.), Perception 8 (+13), Persuasion 6 (+8.), Stealth 8 (+14), Vehicles [Air] 6 (+12), Vehicles [Land] 6 (+12), Vehicles [Sea] 6 (+12)

Advantages: Assessment, Close Attack 8, Contacts, Daze [Deception], Equipment 5, Evasion, Great Endurance, Improved Critical [Firearms] 2, Improved Feint, Improved Initiative, Inspire 3, Languages 2 [German, Japanese, Russian, Spanish], Power Attack, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 8, Takedown 2, Teamwork, Uncanny Dodge

Offense: Initiative +10
Melee Attack +14
Ranged Attack +14

Defense: Dodge +14
Parry +14
Toughness +8*/+5 [*Costume]
Fortitude +10
Will +10

Equipment: Commlink, Laptop

Rogue Agent Arsenal: (23 ep)
Assault Rifle [Ranged Damage 5; Multi-Attack] 15ep
-Twin Uzis [Ranged Damage 4; Multiattack, Split]
-Twin Katanas [Slashing Strength-Based Damage 3, Critical 19-20; Split]
-Fragmentation Grenades [Ranged Burst Area Damage 5]
-Knife [Strength-Based Damage 1, Critical 19-20]
-Shuriken [Ranged Damage 1; Multiattack]

Costs: Abilities 72+ Skills 36+ Advantages 41+ Defenses 26= 175 pts.

Height: 6' 3"
Weight: 220 lbs
Eye Color: Hazel

Complications:
Arrogant: Doubletap tends to over estimate his skills when dealing with foes.

Learning As He Goes: Doubletap was nominated the leader of the Deathsquad, a role he is still somewhat uncomfortable with as he'd always been a solo operator. But being the professional he is, Doubletap has taken on that role with the same kind of dedication he gives any mission he accepts and is a level headed planner and able to come up with plans on the fly that have, so far, kept the Deathsquad out of prison.

Background: An former member of AEGIS, Martin Alexander went undercover in VIPER only to be discovered and brainwashed into becoming a remorseless killer named Doubletap who killed for money. It took AEGIS years to finally get a solid lead on Doubletap and another six months to set him, and the other future members of the Deathsquad, up to be captured.

Unfortunately Doubletap recognized the sting for what it was and managed to orgainze the other mercenaries into a unified unit that was able to make their escape. In the years since the group's formation, Doubletap was named leader in recognition that it was thanks to him that the others kept their freedom. Doubletap didn't really want that job but none the less took it, recognizing what it meant that the other members trusted him enough to do that job.

He's the one who meets with all potenital clients, makes the deals, takes payment, assigns which members of the Deathsquad are taking the job and helping them to come up with their operational plan. Doubletap has also made sure to put away a percentage of every payment to set up a "retirement fund" for everyone, though he doubts many of them will collect it.
The Hong Kong Kid:
PL:
Strength 6 (3)
Stamina 6 (3)
Agility 8 (4)
Dexterity 8 (4)
Fighting 6
Intellect 1
Awareness 3
Presence 2

Skills: Acrobatics 8 (+16), Deception 7 (+9), Expertise [Ballistics] 14 (+15), Expertise [Criminal] 7 (+8.), Insight 10 (+13), Intimidation 10 (+11), Perception 10 (+13), Ranged Combat [Guns] 6 (+14), Sleight of Hand 6 (+14), Stealth 6 (+14), Vehicles [Land] 6 (+14)

Advantages: Agile Feint, Assessment, Benefit [Up the Walls (Use Acrobatics Skill in place of Athletics Skill for Climb Checks)], Close Attack 4, Cunning Fighter, Defensive Attack, Defensive Strike, Defensive Roll 2, Equipment 4, Improved Critical [Guns] 4, Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Feint, Improved Trip, Instant Up, Languages 3 [Base: Japanese; Cantonese, English, Korean, Mandarin, Vietnamese], Redirect, Startle, Takedown 2, Uncanny Dodge

Powers: Master of Gun Fu:
Bullet Bending: Ranged Damage 6 (Extra: Penetrating); (Feats: Indirect, Ricochet)
-Bullet Barrage: Damage 6 (Extras: Area [Burst], Selective)
-Filling The Room With Lead: Ranged Damage 6 (Extra: Area [Shapeable])
-Focused Bullet: Ranged Damage 6 (Extra: Multiattack)

Adrenaline Boost:
Enhanced Strength 3
Enhanced Stamina 3
Enhanced Agility 4
Enhanced Dexterity 4
Enhanced Advantages 11 [Diehard, Great Endurance, Improved Initiative 2, Precise Attack (ranged; concealment), Precise Attack (ranged; cover), Quick Draw, Ultimate Effort (Ultimate Acrobatics Skill), Ultimate Effort (Ultimate Aim) Ultimate, Ultimate Effort (Ultimate Dodge Checks), Effort (Ultimate Ranged Combat (Guns) Skill)]
Leaping 2
Enhanced Dodge 4
Enhanced Parry 2

Ballistic Blessing: Feature 1 [Out of Ammo complication cannot be applied to his weapons with Dramatic Editing]
John Wooing It: Feature 1 [Add visual effect to a fight scene (a flock of birds taking flight as he leaps into a group of foes to fight them)]

Offense: Initiative +16
Melee Attack +10
Ranged Combat +8 // Gun Attack +14

Defense: Dodge +12
Parry +12
Toughness +8*/+6 [*Defensive Roll]
Fortitude +8
Will +9

Equipment: Way of the Gun Arsenal: (18 ep)
2 Heavy Pistols w/Suppressors [Ranged Damge 4; Subtle 2]

Costs: Abilities 52+ Skills 31+ Advantages 33+ Powers 64+ Defenses 10= 190 pts.

Height: 5' 9"
Weight: 168 lbs
Eye Color: Brown

Complications:
Family Legacy: H.K.K. considers it a great honor to be continuing the work of his father (an gunfighter and assassin), and his grandfather (a pirate, spy and enforcer following the Opium Wars in China) in the modern age.

Motivation ~Thrills: H.K.K. loves the rush he gets during combat as his hair whips in the wind as he dives about firing his signature twin guns.

Power Loss: H.K.K. loses his Master of Gun Fu power without guns. He prefers pistols, but any guns will do.

Rivalry: H.K.K has had an on-again/off-again rivalry with the similarly skilled Kid Karma that is currently off but that can quickly change.

Background: Tommy Wu was born to a family that had an established connection to the criminal underworld of China from the early 1900s thanks to his grandfather and his father had elevated their reputation during his career to the point that when it came time for Tommy to step into the family occupation he moved to America to establish himself, seeing that as the only way to difference himself form his family.

At first Tommy made his name as a weapons designer for a few years as he further refined his own skills to the point he felt he was ready and then made his debut as the newest Hong Kong Kid. He was immediately popular with the Tong gangs across the country as he understood their ways and always performed his work with the expected level of excellence that was associated with his name.

AEGIS' attempt to capture him was something of a setback but Tommy has recovered well as a member of the Deathsquad, another way to make his role in the family legacy unique, and despite a rivalry with fellow mercenary Kid Karma, he has managed to make a hefty profit in his young life.

(from left to right: Sabot, Pointman, Flechette)
Sabot:
PL:
Strength 3
Stamina 3
Agility 2
Dexterity 2
Fighting 6
Intellect 0
Awareness 2
Presence 0

Skills: Athletics 6 (+9), Expertise [Ballistics] 13 (+13), Expertise [Current Events] 6 (+6), Expertise [Mercenary] 12 (+12), Insight 6 (+8.), Intimidation 10 (+10), Perception 10 (+12), Ranged Combat [Sabot Cannon] 2 (+10), Stealth 6 (+8.), Vehicles [Land] 6 (+8.)

Advantages: Close Attack 2, Equipment, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 6

Powers: Sabot Power Armor: (Removable –6 pts) [25 pp]
Environmental Seals: Immunity 5 [Disease, Environmental Cold, Environmental Heat, Pressure, Radiation, Suffocation]
Omnium Steel Plates: Protection 9 (Extra: Impervious 12)
Sensor Systems: Senses 5 [Darkvision, Infravision, Low-Light Vision, Vision (Extended)]

Sabot Cannon: Ranged Damage 12 (Extra: Area [Burst] 2)

Lower Extremities Cybernetic Conversion: Robotic Strength: Leaping 4

Offense: Initiative +7
Melee Attack +8
Ranged Attack +8 // Sabot Cannon Attack +10

Defense: Dodge +10
Parry +10
Toughness +12*/+3 [*Sabot Armor (Impervious)]
Fortitude +8
Will +11

Equipment: Communicator

Costs: Abilities 36+ Skills 26+ Advantages 11+ Powers 77+ Defenses 26= 176 pts.

Height: 6' 5"
Weight: Unknown
Hair: Brown
Eye Color: Blue

Complications:
Disability: Sabot's signature weapon, the Sabot Cannon, replaces his lower right arm, leaving him only his left to perform fine manipulations.

Motivation ~Greed: Sabot loves to make money using his skills and unique weaponry.

Background: Vince Gromitz was a well known international mercenary, along with his partner Flechette, who had a reputation for using overkill on his jobs and enjoying throughly. But his career was cut short when he and Flechette were ambushed in the Balkins where he took a sniper's bullet through his upper spine and was left a paraplegic but thanks to Flechette they managed to escape and recover.

Using his fat Swiss bank account, Gromitz commisioned the Foundry to build him a new set of legs to replace his now useless ones as well as a set of armor and a weapon he'd designed call the Sabot Cannon; an armor-piercing weapon that has shown itself able to take out tanks, helicopters, bunkers as well as metamen. After recovering from the surgery that made him a cyborg and spending time getting accustomed to his new weapons, Sabot and Flecthette returned to mercenary work and it was on their first job that they were set up for failure and met the other members of the Deathsquad.

In the years since Sabot has enjoyed working with the group, often acting as heavy weapons support or as a crushing first line of attack when sent out on a mission. Both jobs he enjoys greatly.
Pointman:
PL:
Strength 3
Stamina 3
Agility 4
Dexterity 4
Fighting 4
Intellect 2
Awareness 2
Presence 1

Skills: Athletics 8 (+11), Expertise [Ballistics] 14 (+16), Expertise [Military] 7 (+9), Insight 9 (+11), Investigation 6 (+8.), Perception 9 (+11), Stealth 11 (+15)

Advantages: Close Attack 4, Defensive Roll 2, Equipment 3, Improved Critical [Firearms] 2, Hide In Plain Sight, Improved Aim, Improved Critical [Mauser Mark V] 2, Language [Base: Spanish; English], Power Attack, Precise Attack [ranged; concealment], Precise Attack [ranged; cover], Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 8, Tracking, Ultimate Effort [Ultimate Aim]

Powers: Mauser Mark V: (Easily Removable –6 pts) [24 pp]
Zero Setting: Ranged Damage 8 (Extra: Penetrating); (Feats: Improved Critical 2, Improved Sunder, Variable Descriptor 2 [ballistic/laser/plasma])
Multiple Target Setting: Ranged Damage 8 (Extra: Multiattack); (Feat: Improved Critical 2, Variable Descriptor 2 [ballistic/laser/plasma])

Offense: Initiative +4
Melee Attack +8
Ranged Attack +12

Defense: Dodge +12
Parry +10
Toughness +8*/+6**/+3 [*Costume & Defensive Roll/**Costume]
Fortitude +8
Will +8

Equipment: Costume [Protection 3; Subtle, Commlink]
Scope [Senses 1 (Extended Vision)]
Sniper’s Arsenal: (14 ep)
Smoke Bomb [Ranged Cloud Area Concealment Attack 4]
-Heavy Pistol [Ranged Damage 4]
-Knives [Strength-Based Damage 1, Critical 19-20; Split]

Costs: Abilities 46+ Skills 21+ Advantages 30+ Powers 24+ Defenses 25= 146 pts.

Height: 5' 9"
Weight: 190 lbs
Eye Color: Brown

Complications:
The Best There Is: Pointman is highly proud of his sniper record and any challenges to that will cause him to come after the offender in a most bloody manner.

Background: Cesar Almarado was the sniper's sniper as the mercenary shooter Pointman, having earned a feared reputation in the battlefields of South America and Mexico (he currently holds the the world's record, though not officially recognized, for the longest sniper shot at just over one mile). When he was hired as part of the set up that brought the Deathsquad together, Pointman was the only one to actually kill his target (a fact he often brags about to the others, much to their irritation).

Flechette:
PL:
Strength 10
Stamina --
Agility 0
Dexterity 0
Fighting 6
Intellect 0
Awareness 0
Presence 0

Skills: Athletics 4 (+14),Expertise [Ballistics] 13 (+13), Expertise [Mercenary] 12 (+12), Insight 6 (+8.), Intimidation 12 (+12), Perception 10 (+10), Ranged Combat [Auto-Cannon Arms] 4 (+10),Stealth 6 (+6), Vehicles [Land] 6 (+6)

Advantages: All-Out Attack, Close Attack 6, Daze [Intimidation], Equipment, Fearless, Improved Feint, Improved Initiative 2, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 6, Startle

Powers: Cybernetic Conversion:
Omnium Steel Body:
Immunity 30 [Fortitude Effects]
Protection 12 (Extra: Impervious)

Auto-Cannon Arms: Ranged Damage 12 (Extras: Multiattack, Penetrating)

Offense: Initiative +8
Melee Attack +12
Ranged Attack +6 // Auto-Cannon Arms Attack +10

Defense: Dodge +10
Parry +10
Toughness +12* [*Impervious]
Fortitude n/a
Will +12

Equipment: Communicator

Costs: Abilities 32+ Skills 25+ Advantages 21+ Powers 102+ Defenses 26= 206 pts.

Height: 5' 8"
Weight: 400 lbs
Hair: None
Eye Color: Sensor Red

Complications:
Disability: Flecthette has no sense of touch or taste.

Motivation ~Destruction: Since becoming more machine than human, Flecthette loves nothing more than to blow things up in as big a manner as possible. It's only through combat that she feels anything besides anger and she is always eager for a job.

Background: Sabot's long-time partner (and sometimes lover), Flecthette suffered injuries almost as bad as Sabot; suffering second and third degree burns over the majority of her body. But she was able to get herself and Sabot out safely so they could recover.

Taking from Sabot's example Flecthette contracted the Foundry to rebuild her body, sacrificing utility for firepower, her Auto-Cannon arms are little more than spindly limbs with massive guns built into them while her body is now more metal than flesh (her few remaining organs are safely encased inside her heavily armored body). Flecthette now considers herself to be a pure warrior and that beauty is just a form of weakness.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:40 am

EnigmaticOne wrote:Nice stuff... what are the Magi Wars though?
That's something I've got in my Master GM notes that happened in medieval times, the Magi were several clans of magic users who waged a secret war with one another. The idea is that the majority of the magical weapons that exist in my setting come from that period in time.

It's something I'm going to try and use in my games here in the future.

-- Chiun

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Shield

Post by Arkrite » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:48 pm

Tattooedman wrote:The Shield:
Two guys both going by "The Shield".
Based on comic tropes it's inevitable that they're going to fight ;~)

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Shield

Post by Tattooedman » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:27 pm

Arkrite wrote:
Tattooedman wrote:The Shield:
Two guys both going by "The Shield".
Based on comic tropes it's inevitable that they're going to fight ;~)

I've got two characters going by the Shield name?

Maybe that's a sign I've made too many characters......nah.

-- Chiun