World of Freedom: FC Setting Builds....

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Ironside

Post by Tattooedman » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:48 am

Ironside:
PL:
Strength 5
Stamina 5
Agility 5
Dexterity 5
Fighting 4
Intellect 0
Awareness 1
Presence 0

Skills: Acrobatics 3 (+8.), Athletics 6 (+11), Deception 9 (+9), Expertise [Nightlands] 6 (+6), Expertise [Survival] 7 (+8.), Insight 8 (+9), Intimidation 6 (+11), Perception 8 (+9), Stealth 4 (+9)

Advantages: All-Out Attack, Close Attack 4, Benefit [Bruiser-use Strength modifier for Intimidate checks], Diehard, Equipment, Great Endurance, Improved Disarm, Improved Feint, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Instant Up, Language [Base: English; Spanish], Power Attack, Prone Fighting, Redirect, Takedown, Weapon Bind

Powers: Body As Tough As Iron:
Immunity 4 [Disease, Environmental Cold, Environmental Heat, Poisons]
Impervious Toughness 5
Protection 7 (Extra: Impervious)
Enhanced Vision: Senses 3 [Darkvision, Low-Light Vision]
Super Strength: Enhanced Strength 4 (Flaw: Limited [Lifting Only])

Darkmetal Spear: (Easily Removable -6 pts) [10 pp]
Dark Enchantment: Feature 1 [Indestructible]
Unholy Edge: Strength-Based Damage 3 (Extra: Penetrating 8.); (Feat: Improved Critical 2, Reach 2)

Offense: Initiative +9
Melee Attack +8
Ranged Attack +5

Defense: Dodge +8
Parry +8
Toughness +12
Fortitude +10
Will +10

Equipment: Multi-Tool, Radio
-3 ep as found

Costs: Abilities 50+ Skills 19+ Advantages 20+ Powers 40+ Defenses 21= 150 pts.

Height: 6’
Weight: 200 lbs.
Hair: Black
Eyes: Blue

Complications:
I’m Not Dead!: Because he’d been in the Nightlands for five years, Rex was declared legally dead. This can sometimes cause him problems.

Not From Around Here: For five years, Rex struggled to survive in a world that was harsher than anything he’d ever seen or heard of – the Nightlands. It’s a place where normal people are driven insane if they’re lucky and the rest simply end up dead before being there for too long.

Weakness: Ironside is vulnerable to magic/supernatural descriptors as any normal person, his Toughness versus magical attacks is not Impervious.

Background: Rex Murphy grew up like most kids in New York, running the streets but wasn’t a true problem child. Most of his arrest record comes from guilt by association, the bad friends he ran around with getting him into trouble.

Despite this Rex managed to stay out of jail and get regular jobs working construction, it was on the job that his powers manifested. Rex fell from the third story of a building he was working but when he hit the ground all that happened was a small crater in the ground and his clothes were ripped from where his coworkers had tried to hold onto him. Rex was fired from his job as the contractor didn’t want to deal with some of the anti-superhuman hate groups that inhabit New York and he was unable to find a job for several months having to settle for working as a janitor at a heat treating factory. They actually hired him because his powers left him less likely to be hurt on the job and he could work near the furnaces without any worry of any kind of burn injury.

It was while working there that Rex realized how the local neighborhoods hadn’t changed much since he had been a teenager and that the gangs were really worse than they had been when he was a teenager only a short five years before. Realizing that his powers allowed him to not have to worry about most weapons a street thug would carry Rex started to train himself in fighting so that he could handle himself in a fight without having to use weapons of any kind.

Several months later Rex set out on his first patrol, stopping a gang from robbing a liquor store, their bullets merely stopping upon contact with his body. This went on for the next six months until Rex stumbled upon a robbery at a museum involving a unique robber and an artifact said to be from Babylonian era. When the “normal” robber jumped from the third story window and landed on the street below and took off running with no injury Rex was left wondering who the hell he’d just dealt with.

Unfortunately for Rex the robber had killed a security guard during the robbery and Rex had been the only one seen by the other guards so as a result he was wanted for the murder. He quickly went about trying to locate the real murderer and after several days of questioning some of the local fences he was able get a lead to an antiques dealer in Chinatown. What Rex hadn’t been ready for was the fact that nothing in the dealer’s shop was what it had seemed; in reality the robber he had stopped was actually a minion for a group of demons who were attempting to invade Earth and that the antiques dealer was another one of their minions. In the ensuing fight the dealer revealed magical skills that he used to transport Rex to the lands the demon lords controlled.

Rex discovered that the demon lord’s lands were called the Nightlands and they had a strange relationship with Earth as they were a twisted mirror for everything and almost everyone there. Also the demon lords, called the Night Lords, were the total rulers with almost no impediments to their plans and that like the antique dealer they were steeped in magic. Rex also learned that his incredible resistance to injury wasn’t as good against mystical effects which almost led to his death in his first fight in the Nightlands, though he was able to survive, taking the weapons and gear of the minion he’d beaten. Rex spent several years in the Nightlands fighting against the Night Lords and their plans to invade Earth working with the meager resistance that there was of rogue doppelgangers, mystics and strange beings who called themselves the Nightbreed.

Rex eventually ended up getting sent back to Earth, though he still worked with the resistance as he was better suited to fighting against the invasion on Earth where the minions of the Night Lords were more likely to use Earth made equipment that he was more resistant to and were forced to disguise their true nature and had imposed limits on their natural abilities.

Rex has been to a hellish world and found the inner strength needed to face true evil and stand up in the defense of others. Even if nowadays he is believed to be dead after being away for over five years and he runs around with some of the strangest people he’s ever seen in his life, Rex knows that they are truly better heroes than he is; they look completely inhuman when they use their powers and still they push themselves to protect the world around them that would form mobs to kill them while he completely blends in with those people. And while the Resistance haven’t defeated the Night Lords yet, they still have a couple plans to finish and one last big raid to do back in the Nightlands and then hopefully after that Rex can try to put his life back together.

As I was going through my old gaming papers I found this character, another in a long line of early 90s gaming. All I was told was I was going to play a new kind of game that would be completely cool & new, so I rolled random and came up with Ironside. I thought it was a cool idea basically, Luke Cage with the invulnerability dial turned way up.

Then the story twist came & I was faced against monsters and minions that inflicted supernatural based damage that were able to get past my excellent defenses. It was a great game that I was lucky enough to play for almost two & a half years straight and all this time later the GM & I still talk about some of the things I said or did that kept us laughing or crying out over how lucky I was the dice liked me that day. Cause I’ll say this, I now understand why Superman doesn’t like dealing with mystical things since they’re one of the few things that can mess with him. It suucckkkks when most of your defense isn’t any good against that kind of thing and then you get stuck in a world full of it.

One of my other favorite memories was when a couple friends joined the game for a short while; one played the doppelganger of Jim Morrison (though like most doppelgangers he had mystic abilities) and a Nightbane whose other form was that of a “modern cenatuar” (in other words from the waist down he was a Harley-Davidson).

Good times….
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Carter Cash

Post by Tattooedman » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:03 am

Carter Cash:
PL:
Strength 6
Stamina 6
Agility 6
Dexterity 6
Fighting 6
Intellect 5
Awareness 5
Presence 3

Skills: Acrobatics 3 (+9), Athletics 3 (+9), Deception 3 (+6), Insight 3 (+8.), Perception 3 (+8.), Technology 3 (+8.), Vehicles [Air] 3 (+9), Vehicles [Land] 3 (+9)

Advantages: Defensive Roll 3, Eidetic Memory, Improved Initiative, Luck [Determination] 2, Quick Draw, Uncanny Dodge

Powers: Polymath: (Innate)
Quickness 5 (Flaw: Limited [Mental Tasks Only])
Variable 3 [15 points: skills & feats] (Extras: Continuous Duration, Free Action to Change)
~Example Set Up:
Skills: Stealth 9 (+15)
Advantages: Close/Ranged Attack 5, Follow-Up Strike, Hide In Plain Sight, Improved Feint, Power Attack, Set-Up, Taunt, Teamwork

Touched By Time: Immunity 2 [Temporal Power Descriptor]

Blaster Pistols & Saber: (Easily Removable –14 pts) [24 pp]
Laser Beam: Ranged Damage 11 (Extra: Penetrating); (Feat: Accurate)
-Pulse Setting: Ranged Damage 11 (Extra: Multiattack); (Feat: Accurate)
-Neural Scrambler: Ranged Damage 11 (Extra: Alternate Resistance [Will]); (Feat: Accurate)
-Stunner Setting: Ranged Affliction 11 [Stunned, Dazed, Incapacitated; resisted by Fortitude] (Extra: Cumulative); (Feat: Accurate)
-Alien Made Saber: Strength-Based Damage 5 (Extra: Penetrating 11); (Feat: Improved Critical 3)

Offense: Initiative +10
Melee Attack +13*/+6 [*Polymath]
Ranged Attack +13*/+6 [*Polymath]

Defense: Dodge +15
Parry +15
Toughness +9*/+6 [*Defensive Roll]
Fortitude +10
Will +10

Costs: Abilities 86+ Skills 8+ Advantages 9+ Powers 62+ Defenses 27= 190 pts.

Height: 6’ 2”
Weight: 200 lbs
Hair: Brown
Eye Color: Brown

Complications:
Honor: Carter has a strong sense of honor and responsibility. He believes in helping those in need, and honoring the ideals of liberty & justice.

Public Identity: Carter hasn’t ever bothered with concealing his face or name while doing acts of heroics, this could lead to problems for his family and his social life down the line.

Quirk ~Outsider: Carter was raised in a different time, that of the early 1900s, so he has some odd blind-spots in his socialization and understanding of modern culture and he tends to use words and phrases that seem odd.

Background: Carter Cash grew up the youngest of six children on a cattle farm in Nebraska where all the children were expected to help with the work once they were of a certain age and Carter was no exception. The difference was that he took to the work faster and did it better than any of his siblings ever did, showing an almost natural skill when it came to dealing with the livestock, handling horses and eventually the use of firearms (as was called for from time to time). During the Great War (also known as World War I) Carter was a teen and unable to join the Army like his older brothers were though when they returned they fascinated him with stories of their experiences and adventures and he decided to follow their example. And when he was old enough he joined the French Foreign Legion instead of any American military, as he wanted to travel the world, and did a standard five year service contract. Once again his ability to perform well no matter what task was given to him helped him to do very well and he left the Legion well decorated and respected.

Following that Carter fell into mercenary work from contacts he’d made while in the Legion and went to locations in Egypt, Sudan, Morocco, Portugal, and Saudi Arabia. It was while in Spain that Carter found himself in the company of a person calling himself the Doctor and part of a series of adventures that took him to alien worlds and different time periods until he finally found himself back on Earth in the early 21st century and tired of dealing with the Doctor’s brand of ‘normal’ as well as his personality (while the two could work together, Carter didn’t care for how the Doctor played things so close to the vest until everything was all said and done. Plus the Doctor was a bit of a show off who liked to brag a bit too much in Carter‘s opinion) where he parted company with the man in a fit of anger only to find himself in Japan in the middle of a superhero convention.

Carter then met the Chicago Avengers and joined them in Hela’s dimension when she tried to kidnap an untapped metaman with reality altering powers, fighting undead beings and even Hela herself. At the end of that adventure he moved in with the Chicago Avengers as he had no where else to go since he was now over 100 years in his own future, from there he continued to adventure with the Avengers, even facing Omega and his Annihilists.

After coming home from that Carter made use of some of the money of his family had set aside for him and/or his children (his family’s farm having become very profitable in the time Carter had been gone) and set up his own private investigation firm in Chicago. Granted he only spends part of his time running that business as Carter kept his membership in the Avengers and continues to go on adventures with them.

So Carter here is the character I came up with to replace Vanguard with in the Chicago Avengers game. It actually took me a little bit of time to figure out a niche to fill on the team (which I suppose is something of a compliment to the other players of that game as normally I can list off one or two missing or lite in certain areas [things like, a mentalist, the people person with tons of interaction skills and such]). But I realized that with the Chicago Avengers that one thing we had plenty of was POWER, almost everyone could pull off incredibly high combat tricks that could almost level opponents what we were missing was a total skill monkey; someone who could do pretty much any skill related trick.

And that was the niche I decided to fill. The tricky part was coming up with a background in the Crinoverse that was a bit unique (given it pulls from both the Big 2 comic companies, various movies, novels & cartoons), but luckily enough I came up with the idea of bringing a two-fisted action-adventurer from the 1920s to modern times was something that could be interesting especially if I gave him a minor connection to the Doctor (which allowed me to play Carter as kind of jaded to all the weirdness of the new century he found himself in) and explained how he had such high tech gear that looked like he brought it with him from the 1920s.

I've played around with the Polymath idea a couple times before and it's surprisingly cheap overall to build (10 points a rank) and really you only need 2 or 3 ranks to get your moneys worth out of it, so I was able to make sure Carter's Device were worth a damn in a fight as well as having a halfway decent set of combat stats I could customize with the Polymath to suit different situtations as they arose.

He could goonsweep like a beast and with a couple attacks that triggered a Will & Fortitude Saves, in addition to Toughness, he could challenge pretty much anyone and hitting them wasn't a problem. Carter could also do teamworking really well also but that one didn't come up to often but I had the option, it was just a matter of me being able to explain it within the context of a sentence.

-- Chiun

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Re: World of Freedom: Lots of Original Builds

Post by catsi563 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:48 pm

Nightbanes a very fun game, I made a real mixed bag setting for mine up to and including using the fairy court of Oberon--all very ancient nigthbane-- as the leaders of the underground railroad.

very fun times. :mrgreen:
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Kova

Post by Tattooedman » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:16 pm

Kova:
PL: 11
Strength 2
Stamina 3
Agility 4
Dexterity 4
Fighting 4
Intellect 2
Awareness 3
Presence 0

Skills: Acrobatics 3 (+7), Deception 8 (+10), Athletics 5 (+7), Expertise [History] 8 (+10), Expertise [Survival] 4 (+6), Expertise [Teacher] 5 (+7), Insight 6 (+8.), Intimidation 12 (+12), Perception 8 (+10), Stealth 6 (+10)

Advantages: Defensive Roll 2, Equipment, Evasion 2, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Language [Base: English; Spanish], Power Attack, Seize Initiative, Startle, Teamwork

Powers: Mask of the Elements:
Elemental Projection: Damage 11 (Extra: Area [Shapeable] 2); (Feats: Improved Critical 2, Variable Descriptor x5 [acid/fire/ice/light/lightning/stone])
-Healing Light: Healing 9 (Extras: Energizing, Restorative); (Feats: Persistent, Stabilize)
Keen Senses: Senses 7 [Vision Counters All Concealment, Vision Counters Illusion]
Levitation: Flight 6
Protective Spells:
Enhanced Dodge 5
Enhanced Parry 5
Rugged Host: Immunity 3 [Poisons, Suffocation]

Offense: Initiative +8
Melee Attack +4
Ranged Attack +4

Defense: Dodge +13
Parry +13
Toughness +8*/+6**/+3 [*Costume & Defensive Roll/**Costume]
Fortitude +9
Will +13

Equipment: Costume [Protection 3; Subtle, Communicator]

Costs: Abilities 44+ Skills 22+ Advantages 12+ Powers 73+ Defenses 24= 175 pts.

Height: 5’5”
Weight: 120 lbs
Eye Color: Blue

Complications:
Hatred: All members of the Brimstone House, no matter how low their ranking is.

Phobia: Kova is afraid of enclosed spaces.

Secret: Kova works for a secret organization.

Temper: Kova is still pretty angry over what has happened to her life and sometimes that anger gets the better of her.

Background: Allison was an archeologist that was part of the crew that discovered a golden mask in a temple in Mexico, according to the legends it was supposedly the Mask of the Elements. A powerful item that helped forge a small city that lasted for several decades as the ruler used the mask to protect his people from all kinds of threats.

Unknown to Allison or her associates a group of modern day sorcerers and mystics, calling themselves the Brimstone House, had been trying to locate the Mask for several years and it’s discovery by her group brought them to the House’s attention and they sent out several of their agents to collect the Mask and whatever else had been uncovered. In the initial assault on the dig ended up with Allison being forced to put on the Mask and bonding with it. Unfortunately despite the power it granted her, Allison was captured by the House’s forces and was brought back to one of the main bases of the Brimstone House. There their scholars studied the Mask as much as they could with it being bonded somehow to Allison and they were forced to keep her held under certain wardings that blocked her ability to access the energies of the Mask.

This went on for just over eight months until finally Allison had managed to put together an escape plan. Once she was freed Allison discovered she was in California, hundreds of miles from her former home in Ohio and with the amount of time since she had been last heard from her family had her pronounced dead she discovered when she tried to call home. Her mother began crying and yelling that it was a cruel trick someone was playing to say they were her daughter and her father threatened to locate whoever it was calling them and to physically rearrange the features of her anatomy in ways that were almost impossible. With all that she’d been through Allison took the sudden rejection by her family fairly well, Allison had a cold logic to her now from all her time spent torture and she could understand their reaction. Numbly she dropped the receiver and walked away from her old life without another word, though it took her many months to fully accept what had happened.

Now living on the street and somewhat paranoid, Allison scrounged for her survival. Made slightly more difficult given the gold mask now permanently bonded to her face she couldn’t panhandle like most of the other homeless and she had no actual skill to support herself in the streets. She refused to sell herself like so many of the other girls on the streets yet she saw how there was a need for them to be kept safe and how many of the supposed protectors took as much liberties and advantages of the girls as their clients did. Allison came into her means of supporting herself when she witnessed one of the pimps take one of his girls into an alleyway and start to give her a “lesson” on who was the boss, Allison quickly intervened and between the surprise of being attacked by a woman and then the following blast of electrical energy the man was slightly charred and left lying on flat on his back on the ground half moaning in pain, unable to understand what had just happened to him.

Word quickly spread among the other working girls of what Allison had done and soon enough several of them approached her with the offer of paying her for protection. Much like a pimp but different as Allison didn’t pressure the women for other favors and took a much smaller cut of their profits. Soon enough she was able to afford a room in one of the local boarding houses and while it was basically a dirty hole in the wall, it was her dirty hole in the wall. Allison spent much of her free time trying to reach out to some of her peers in the archeology circles in an effort to discover as much as she could about the Mask since she was no forced to live with it. Her success was limited due to her inability to actually meet with most of them in person and they were distrustful to give away so much information on a supposedly stolen artifact through other means of contact. Though he work protecting the other women allowed to experiment with the abilities the mask gave her and between that first hand experience and legends of what the Mask was supposed to be capable of Allison soon quickly mastered it’s abilities.

Eventually Allison discovered that the Brimstone House had been looking for her since her escape and the various reports that came as a result of her new work were enough to give their agents a place to search. Soon enough Allison was fending off various agents of the Brimstone House, both mundane as well as some of their own lesser powered operatives.

It was these encounters that brought Allison to the attention of Mack Williams and Richard Tabors. After Tabors spent two days scouting the area out, figuring out who was who and what exactly was going on he contacted Allison and told her that he and his associates could help her with her problems and that if she would agree to come work for his employer he‘d make sure that the Brimstone House would stop looking for her. Allison half heartedly agreed, thinking what could this non-powered man do that she couldn’t with powers, but she was tired of all the fighting on an almost daily basis. As it was most of the women she’d been protecting had either stopped associating with her or moved to a different area of town to get away from the troubles that were coming after her and she took Tabors offer of a new place to stay for a few days while he dealt with the problem in the idea that it was a needed break where she could recover just before she herself left town.

Tabors contacted the local chapter leader of the Brimstone House and quickly challenged him to a duel to settle the problem. The Brimstone House’s best fighter versus Tabors at a place of his choosing, with the victor claiming control over Allison’s fate. The leader agreed laughing and they soon worked out the details of when and where over the following days.

When the fighter for the Brimstone House appeared at the location Tabors had chosen, an underground parking garage in one of the worst parts of town, the physically frail man taunted Tabors with how he was going to enjoy the taste of his entrails and then transformed into an eight foot tall, black skinned demonic looking creature. Tabors response was only a smile as he pressed the button on a small remote, which triggered the explosives he’d spent the previous day setting on all the levels above where the meeting was happening, just before he jumped through the patch of ice that was hidden off to his side behind a support column.

Since then Allison, calling herself Kova (after the mage who supposedly forged the Mask of Elements) has since been a steadfast member of the Shadow Riders. She often works with Jinn on missions, her ranged attacks acting as a balance to his melee skill and her somber personality helps to keep him from becoming too aggressive in the field as he doesn’t want to be seem a loose cannon by comparison to her.

Allison tends to keep to herself mostly when not on a mission, but she does interact with the others from time to time. Often times when she does say something it is very direct and to the point of the matter at hand with little regards for the feelings or sensibilities of those around her. Mostly she is respected for her abilities and only a few members, mostly Torque, have a problem with her otherwise.

From time to time Mack Willaims will share with Allison a few bits of information on the Brimstone House that he comes across and allows her some personal time to do what she'd like with that information. Normally what ends up happening is that Allison travels to the location and quickly causes as much damage for them as she can. It's simply a case of her lashing out at those responsible for her to having to give up her old life, though here lately Coldcast has convinced Allison to consider taking a prisoner or two for him to speak with to learn more about the Brimstone House's methods of operation.

As a saftey measure Williams sends another member of the other team with Allison to keep her from getting in over her head, normally it tends to be either Remington or Jinn, though Coldcast has gone along as well given arcane aspects of the Brimstone House. The last time he went, Coldcast was surprised to discover the amount of arcane supplies and resources that the Brimstone House holds. He is starting to be a more regular companion on these outings as he is bothered by the Brimstone House's willingness to use darker magics so readily, and this has resulted in his spending more time with Allison as he tries to learn more about these cabal of dark mages and their plans for the rest of society.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Coldcast

Post by Tattooedman » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:17 pm

Coldcast:
PL: 10
Strength 1
Stamina 1
Agility 2
Dexterity 2
Fighting 4
Intellect 3
Awareness 4
Presence 1

Skills: Athletics 5 (+6), Expertise [Chemistry] 8 (+11), Expertise [Current Events] 6 (+9), Expertise [Earth Sciences] 8 (+11), Expertise [Magic] 8 (+11), Expertise [Survival] 6 (+10), Insight 4 (+8.), Perception 8 (+12), Ranged Combat [Cold Casting Array] 8 (+10), Treatment 4 (+7)

Advantages: Close Combat 4, Eidetic Memory, Equipment, Improved Feint, Improved Initiative, Lionheart 2, Luck [Determination] 2, Luck [Spell Inspiration] 2, Ritualist, Task Focus [Knowledge (Magic): Nature], Taunt, Trance

Powers: Mage Sense: Senses 4 [Detect Magic (Acute, Extended, Radius)]
Mystic Shields:
Enhanced Dodge 5
Enhanced Parry 5
Force Field 9

Cold Casting Magical Array:
Cold Front: Damage 10 (Extra: Area [Burst], Selective)
-Ice Bindings: Ranged Affliction 10 [Hindered & Vulnerable, Defenseless & Immobilized; resisted by Dodge] (Extras: Cumulative, Extra Condition); (Flaw: Limited Degree)
-Ice Gate: Teleport 8 (Extra: Portal); (Feat: Increased Mass 4 [800 lbs]); (Flaw: Medium [ice/water])
-Ice Shards: Ranged Damage 10 (Extra: Multiattack)
-Flash Frozen: Ranged Weaken Toughness 10 (Flaw: Limited [objects only])
-Ray of Cold: Damage 10 (Extra: Area [Cone] 2)
-Snowfall: Visual Concealment 10 (Extras: Area, Attack)
-Withering Cold: Ranged Affliction 10 [Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated; resisted by Fortitude] (Extras: Cumulative)

Offense: Initiative +6
Melee Attack +8
Ranged Attack +2 // Cold Casting Array Attack +10

Defense: Dodge +10*/+4 [*Mystic Shields]
Parry +10*/+4 [*Mystic Shields]
Toughness +10*/+1 [*Mystic Shields]
Fortitude +7
Will +11

Equipment: Communicator, GPS

Costs: Abilities 44+ Skills 24+ Advantages 18+ Powers 60+ Defenses 15= 161 pts.

Height: 5’10”
Weight: 146 lbs

Complications:
Enemy of Big Business: Coldcast is wanted for acts of Eco-terrorism against several corporations in Canada.

Power Loss: Coldcast loses his ability to access his Cold Casting Array when he can’t speak and gesture.

Responsibility: Protect the environment.

Secret: Coldcast works for a secret organization.

Background: Steven Bostick lived in the less settled parts of the Canadian wilderness growing up, his family preferred to live off the land as much as possible and having less to do with the general public as they saw several flaws in the attitudes and trends it followed. Steven enjoyed his life, even the odder parts that his parents had always stressed to him to not share with the few people they dealt with on a regular basis, his parents were mystics and teaching Steven to follow their example.

By the time he was a teenager Steven had solid grasp of the basics of magic to the point that he was able to perform basic rituals alone with only minor help from his parents. Though he had shown more skill with spells that dealt with the manipulation of ice and snow as compared to his parents who were more in tune with nature in general, his mother was able to work wonders with the local animals and his father could manipulate plant matter with little trouble. Though his “cold castings”, as he called them, did have their uses in the family’s outdoor lifestyle and were of a good deal of use.

Throughout the years the family always had to deal with the occasional poacher who’d pass through their area. By this point it had gotten to the point that even Steven was allowed to go along and help “encourage” them to be on their way, but that last time something went wrong. It wasn’t just a lone hunter nor a pair. It was a group of eight men, several of whom were experienced in their chosen field, and all of them had a higher than normal ability to tolerate the subtle tricks that the family normally used to discourage the hunters that had come before them. Eventually the elder Bosticks decided to directly confront the hunters using illusions and charms to disguise themselves and create a fearful atmosphere that should have been enough to scare off even these determined hunters.

What ended up happening was the disguised parents frightening a group of hunters that had settled in for the night and had decided to enjoy adult beverages to end their night. Mr. Bostick was killed outright in the hunter’s initial responding barrage while Mrs. Bostick managed to get away but her injuries were severe enough that she died shortly after making her way back to the family home.

Steven gave his mother what medical care he could but his basic understanding of herbal treatments at that time were only able to make her remaining time less painful given the severity of her wounds. Steven buried his parents that morning and then turned his attention to the people responsible for their deaths. What he did to them is something that Coldcast has never spoken about, even to his other teammates. It’s a subject he simply has ignored when it’s been brought up, either by continuing with the subject he’d been talking about or either actually leaving the room.

Following that there is a several year period that even Mack Williams has been unable to discover what Steven was doing. He claims he spent those years abroad, traveling across the country to study with various mages who would take him on as a student to better hone his arcane skills. When he returned home Steven soon settled into his family’s home and began his activities against people that profited from taking advantage of the little people and the environment. His activities over the following year brought him to the attention of Mack Williams and Richard Tabor as well as some mercs that had been hired by the corporations he’d been targeting.

Tabor made the offer to join their group after dealing with the latest group of mercs that had managed to counter his magic and capture him. Steven realized that he’d made his point well enough and that he needed to rethink his family’s solitary nature, one of the rules of magic is that “Change is always happening.” He agreed and with help from Tabor, Steven packed what few belongings he wanted to keep and then leveled the home under several hundred pounds of snow and ice and never looked back once.

Now as part of the Shadow Riders Coldcast, as Steven named himself, often works from a distance to help the others better suited to fighting up close. Coldcast also acts as the quick transport for the team, using his teleporting spell to deploy the team as a situation calls for. Periodically there has been a need for his arcane knowledge as well, though those moments have been few and far between but so far there hasn’t been a time when Coldcast didn’t know either the answer to a certain magical problem or how to figure it out.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Oni

Post by Tattooedman » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:19 pm

Oni:
Strength 8 (0)
Stamina 8 (0)
Agility 8 (2)
Dexterity 2
Fighting 4
Intellect 2
Awareness 2
Presence 2

Skills: Acrobatics 2 (+4/+12), Athletics 2 (+2/+10), Deception 6 (+8.), Expertise [Computers] 12 (+14), Expertise [Pop Culture] 4 (+6), Insight 6 (+8.), Investigation 6 (+8.), Perception 8 (+10), Stealth 2 (+4/+10), Technology 8 (+10)

Advantages: Close Attack 4, Defensive Attack, Equipment, Evasion, Improved Trick, Power Attack, Teamwork, Uncanny Dodge

Powers: 'Porting: Teleport 8 (Feats: Change Direction, Turnabout); (Flaw: Short Range)

Oni Form: (Standard Action – 2 pts)
Demon-Like Anatomy:
Extra Limb 1 [tail] (Feat: Improved Trip)
Enhanced Strength 8
Enhanced Stamina 8
Enhanced Agility 6
Impervious Toughness 6
Hell’s Breath: Damage 8 (Extra: Area [Cone] 2)
-Hell’s Claws: Strength-Based Damage 2 [Hell's Claws] (Extra: Penetrating 10); (Feats: Improved Critical 3, Improved Smash)
-Hellfire Aura: Damage 6 (Extra: Reaction)
Fire Proof: Immunity 10 [Fire Effects]

Melee Attack +8
Ranged Attack +2

Defense: Dodge +12
Parry +12
Toughness +8
Fortitude +10
Will +8

Costs: Abilities 28+ Skills 16+ Advantages 11+ Powers 96+ Defenses 26= 177 pts.

Height: 5’7” [6’1” as Oni]
Weight: 120 lbs [160 lbs as Oni]
Hair: Blonde [Reddish-Black as Oni]
Eye Color: Blue [all black as Oni]

Complications:
Honor: Oni fights to protect the public from different threats.

Prejudice: Oni is a mutant.

Secret: Oni works for secret organization.

Background: Ryan Conners led a normal life growing up a somewhat smaller child he displayed a skills with computers that made him a natural with them. He stayed mostly in his room, hooked up to the cyber world where he was respected for his intelligence and ability compared to the world outside his parent’s house where he was often the victim of bullies due to his smaller stature and higher intelligence. Ryan was smart enough to realize that eventually things would even out once he got out of school and into the real world where his computer skills would really pay off, but then when he was a teenager he soon discovered that he was gifted in another way. He was a mutant with the ability to transport himself to any location that was within his range of sight.

Suddenly the bullies that hassled Ryan were soon getting busted at school for having various illegal substances in their locked cars despite their protests that it wasn’t theirs and they had no idea where it had come from. Soon enough the bullies learned that those that bothered Ryan caught more trouble than they could give him and they got the message and left him alone. The rest of Ryan’s high school years were quiet aside from the normal teenage problems one would have, though he practiced with his teleporting ability in secret. He was smart enough to realize that the people in the small town he lived would not be very understanding of a mutant living right next door to them.

Once Ryan finished high school he easily made his way into college on a scholarship and began working on a degree in computer engineering. Things were going well for him for the majority of the first year until a fire broke out broke out in freshmen dorms where he was staying. Without a thought of his own safety Ryan used his powers to get some of the trapped students out of their rooms with only minor injuries, using the damages done by the fire to cover up how he’d actually managed to get inside. He was recognized as a local hero and received a couple of awards from the local fire department as well as the school, though Ryan was convinced by some things he’d seen during the fire that made him question if it had been an accident.

Soon enough Ryan was researching all he could about fires and making some quiet inquiries with the local fire department about some of what he’d seen. In the end it turned out that the fire was intentionally set by another student who had minor flame powers himself that suffered from a form of paranoia. Ryan confronted him in an attempt to get him to get medical help. What ended up happening was the student, who ended up calling himself Phosphor, attacked Ryan.

At first Ryan fell to the floor, trying to put out his burning clothing, the smell of burning hair and clothing filling his nose. Until suddenly he felt his skin stretch, swell and pull until the pain of burning faded away. The next thing he realized as he looked up at his attacker was that his face had turned into a mask of almost pure fear and suddenly Phosphor was yelling something about Ryan being a monster and jumped out a window to get away. When Ryan took a moment to look around the room he saw himself in a mirror, he now looked like a red skinned devil! Complete with tail and small horns! The surrounding fire not bothering him once bit as he stared opened mouthed for almost a full minute. The sound of someone trying to break down the door brought him out of his stupor enough that he quickly teleported out to his own room to recover.

Once there he realized that his transformation was something that he could control, apparently it was just another power he’d had that was brought out by the stress and panic brought on by the attempted incineration. Ryan calmed himself down enough to change himself back to normal and quickly redressed himself and set about trying to locate Phosphor. After a couple of days Ryan managed to find him hiding in a abandoned house where he confronted him, in his normal form as he didn’t want to upset the mentally unstable man any more than he already was.

Unfortunately it didn’t work.

Phosphor was convinced that Ryan was some kind of devil sent to take him to hell, playing right along with his delusion that he was some kind of fire mage set in a fantasy world of his own twisted mind’s making. He quickly unleashed his full fiery fury upon Ryan, who changed into his other form for his own protection, and soon the pair faced off in a fight set inside a burning house. The fight traveled all around the house as Phosphor could fly, but Ryan was able to keep up due to his teleporting almost making the fight a stalemate as both of them were immune to the effects of fire and heat but not falling debris and eventually it was a piece of the burning home that finally took Phosphor down. The impact knocking him unconscious, allowing Ryan to get them both out of the burning building and leave Phosphor for the coming authorities.

Days later when the local papers were still talking about the unknown hero who’d bravely risked himself to protect the city from Phosphor, Ryan decided that he could do more with his powers than just help out every now and then. He used his computer skills to look for situations like the one Phosphor had created, odd events that didn’t quite seem right, and then Ryan would start to look into them. In his normal form mostly, only using his other form and powers if a situation came up and to travel across the country to where the situation was.

Over the following year and a half Ryan discovered more about the powers of his other form, which he called his Oni Form since it resembled those trickster demons of legend somewhat, and dealt with matters that seemed to fall under the notice of other heroes. Ryan liked helping the little people, he felt like he made more of a difference by making a family’s life better through his actions made Ryan feel like he was making a real difference in the world. What he didn’t realize was that while he was helping the little guys someone had noticed him.

Mack Williams offer of helping the little guy by dealing with the bigger threats before they pulled any of their normal stupidity made for an interesting idea to Ryan. Plus Williams offer also allowed him a support system, something that would have been helpful a couple of times in some of his adventures. After spending three days thinking it over and considering all the possibilities Ryan agreed to join the Shadow Riders.

Since then as Oni, Ryan often works in unison with Torque as a scout for the team. His teleporting and being able to look completely normal make him more effective than his mouthier teammate, which has led to some harsh words from the spinning speedster. Ryan has considered teaching Torque a lesson but has held back mostly due to his respect for Remington and the fact that he discovered the hidden failsafe that had been built into Torque’s armor (neither Williams nor Remington are aware Ryan knows anything about it). For now he simply bides his time as he considers building his own activation unit for the failsafe, it wouldn’t take him more than an hour or three at most given his knowledge of electronics, but wonders if he isn’t becoming a little too dark for even considering doing such a thing.

Ryan’s Oni Form allows him to deal with most threats with little trouble, when transformed he’s stronger, tougher, way more agile than a normal person. Though against most superhumans Ryan can only stall at best, he lacks the ability to do some serious damage and he knows it and has developed his team working skills to be of more use during missions. Of course his hacking skills have come in handy from time to time as well, electronic door locks and encrypted computers are almost fun for him to play with.

As for Phosphor, he’s still around, though he’s been bouncing around from various mental health treatment centers across the country as he stays informed on Oni’s activities. Eventually he manages to escape and then follows the leads he has and begins to cause as much property damage as he can to draw his foe out into a new conflict.

Ryan considers Phosphor his problem and refuses to take any help aside from Coldcast, as the mage makes for a better long rang teleported and is by far more accurate. Though what Ryan doesn’t realize is that Phosphor is starting to realize he can’t win in a one on one fight and has started to reach out to the superhuman mercenary community in an attempt to pull together a small group that will be able to allow him to finally destroy his living, personal demon.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Rushmore

Post by Tattooedman » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:22 pm

Rushmore:
Strength 13
Stamina 13
Agility 5
Dexterity 5
Fighting 6
Intellect 0
Awareness 4
Presence 2

Skills: Athletics 2 (+15), Investigation 6 (+8.), Expertise [History] 10 (+10), Expertise [Medicine] 6 (+8.), Insight 8 (+11), Intimidation 10 (+12), Perception 8 (+11), Ranged Combat [Thrown Objects] 2 (+7), Stealth 6 (+11), Treatment 7 (+9)

Advantages: All-Out Attack, Close Attack 3, Daze [Intimidation], Follow-Up Strike, Fast Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Interpose, Power Attack, Startle, Task Focus [Expertise (History): American]

Powers: Centennial Legacy:
Enhanced Strength 2 (Flaw: Limited [Lifting Only])
Impervious Toughness 12
Immunity 11 [Aging, Life Support]
Speed 3
-Leaping 3

Feats Of Super Strength:
-Groundstrike: Damage 11 (Extra: Area [Line]); (Flaws: Limited [Rushmore & his targets must be on the ground])
-Shockwave: Affliction 11 [Dazed & Vulnerable, Stunned & Prone; resisted by Dodge/ Fortitude] (Extra: Area [Burst], Extra Condition); (Flaws: Limited Degree, Limited [Rushmore & his targets must be on the ground])
-Sonic Slam: Affliction 11 [Dazed & Vulnerable, Stunned & Prone; resisted by Dodge/Fortitude] (Extras: Area [Cone], Extra Condition); (Flaws: Limited Degree, Limited [Rushmore & his targets must be on the ground])

Offense: Initiative +9
Melee Attack +9
Ranged Attack +5 // Thrown Objects Attack +7

Defense: Dodge +9
Parry +9
Toughness +13* [*Impervious 12]
Fortitude +13
Will +9

Costs: Abilities 96+ Skills 22+ Advantages 13+ Powers 32+ Defenses 12= 175 pts.

Height: 5’8” [6’5” in powered form]
Weight: 143 lbs [200 lbs in powered form]
Hair: Red [Blonde in powered form]
Eye Color: Green [Blue in powered form]

Complications:
Power Loss: Due to the mystical nature of his powers, Rushmore's Strength, Stamina, and all his powers can be countered by mystical means.

Power Loss: Rushmore loses his powers if he's tricked into saying the words "For Freedom".

Responsibility: Rushmore feels like it’s his job to keep the focus of the team’s current opponents on himself, since he can take a hit better than the rest of the team could.

Secret: Rushmore works for a secret organization.

Background: Marty Rollins comes from a long line of military men that date all the way back to his great-grandfather who fought in WWI. Not everyone of them made the military their life’s work, but they at least served about a decade’s amount of time before moving on to the next phase of their life. Marty’s father though was one that loved the military life so much he was in it for life and couldn’t think of a better way to support his family than by protecting his country.

Needless to say that discipline never was lacking in the Rollins’ home. Marty saw how much his father enjoyed his work as a mechanic, granted he worked on almost any vehicle the Army had; jeeps, tanks, choppers, motorcycles, humvees (once they came about). He was fulfilling his life with the dream of keeping the country safe by simply doing his job and equipping the military with dependable vehicles. It was enough to teach Marty that he needed to figure out what kind of a job he’d like to do and how it could be best used in the service of his country.

After years of applying himself to try all manner of jobs Marty discovered that he had a talent for medicine. His mother was thrilled, what mother doesn’t want Her son, the Doctor?, and once Marty told his family his plan to enlist upon his graduating from Medical school and obtaining his medical license his father was just as thrilled to see his son carry on the family tradition.

School was challenging, Marty pushed himself to his limits, taking several classes back to back without any kind of break, but he managed to graduate within the top ten percentile of his class in a total of six years with his Medical Degree and he soon went to complete his clinical training and he quickly gained his license. With each graduation his family eagerly encouraged him to follow his dream every step of the way.

When his time came Marty easily passed all the standards required to join the Army and boot camp went quickly for him. While he was one of the more physically fit members of his platoon, he didn’t stand out as phenomenal in any way, most of his peers there were several years younger than he was given his time spent earning his degree and knick-named him “the Old Man” of the platoon. Though his Drill Instructors took notice of Marty for different reasons, he excelled in learning how to work with those around him and adapting his knowledge and abilities to work with other people’s talents to achieve their desired goals. From there Marty moved on to the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences where he quickly met the requirements and went on to serve as a combat medic.

Marty was quickly sent overseas to the Middle East where his skills would be best served in the field. There he quickly learned the differences between field medicine and what he’d learned in schools; it was more like working in the ER while in the middle of a fight between rival gangs almost. Marty lost as many of his patients as he saved but in the end he knew he did all he could for them and felt no guilt, for the most part. It wasn’t until his unit was sent in to help support a recon unit that he met the man who’d change his life the most. Marty never did learn his name.

The man’s injuries were severe. He looked like he’d been blown up, twice actually, and wore no body armor and only had a few bullet wounds but none of them seemed to be lethal. It was then that Marty noticed the odd tattoo on the side of the injured man’s neck, it was shaped like a pyramid with an eye in it’s center, at least that’s what he thought it would have looked like. There was a huge gash running through it, almost cutting it in half, particles of the homemade fragmentation grenade were still imbedded in his skin.

As Marty worked to save the man’s life he spoke in a broken, hushed tone that Marty could only just understand over the fighting going on around them. “I can’t do it any longer….you’ve got to carry the burden. I’m sorry.”

Marty had leaned in closer to the man to try and hear him better and wasn’t able to get the dying man’s incredible grip off of his wrists as his vision went blurry, he felt so impossibly hot, almost like he was on fire, and he heard a ringing sound in his ears. When the feelings passed the man beneath him was dead and Marty could barely move himself to cover, in the end he ended up getting pulled out by members of his unit. After it was all said and done Marty ended up back in the States, at a military hospital as he now suffered from seizures and was deemed unfit for duty. While there he spent a fair amount of time trying to recall what he could about the man he’d failed to save but could just barely picture what he looked like.

Finally Marty was discharged due to his health and went home to his family, though he wasn’t able to get work as a practicing doctor Marty was competent enough to get work as a researcher in a lab. It was there that he discovered what the “burden” he’d been given was when he was working late one night and the lab was attacked by agents of one of the various terrorist organizations that commonly threaten the safety of the world. They were after some of the drugs being developed at the lab and didn’t care to have any witnesses, and they opened fire at Marty with their blasters. During the onslaught of energy discharges blasting through his surroundings Marty felt something swell up inside him, he couldn’t describe but it was a mixture of anger and outrage at the obvious contempt these people had for him simply because he was in their way.

It was then that Marty heard the voice. Calming and serene sounding, the voice seemed to make the world around him stop, the thieves’ frozen in place as were the energy spilling from their weapons.

“Do you wish to take up the fight against the likes of theses gathered against you? To protect those who would be victimized by the likes of these people? Would you do all that you could to ensure that the freedoms of all were protected?”

Without any hesitation Marty knew his answer before the questions were finished. He didn’t even try to vocalize an answer; the disembodied voice could sense it in Marty’s mind.

“Very well, your path will be often filled with perils but remember these words that have guided those who came before you. For without the sacrifice of men with conviction then what use would there be for freedom?”

“For Freedom.” Marty answered back. As the last of the words came from his lips he felt the building energy inside him spread outwards, covering his body from head to toe. When the tingling sensation faded away Marty looked at the thieves’ and saw that whatever had stopped time had returned it to normal. To the thieves though it had only been scant seconds since they’d began to unleash upon the lone target they had between them and their goal. Now they watched as he glowed briefly and was transformed in front of them and began to rip up sections of the floor from under their feet.

When the police arrived the thieves’ were wrapped up in the remains of the buildings fire prevention system piping with a note nearby stating their intentions and that a witness had been taken to a local hospital for his minor injuries. When the police checked on him at the named hospital Marty backed up the story to the letter of the note almost perfectly. It was the oddness of the whole incident that brought Marty to the attention of Mack Williams and just a day later Marty was approached by him with his offer to join the recently formed Shadow Riders.

Calling himself Rushmore, based on his father’s favorite historical landmark and the rock solidness of his superhuman form, Marty brings the raw physicality the team was in need of. While he did have a good understanding of hand to hand combat Marty spent a fair amount of time training with Remington, developing his abilities to be a better asset to his team.

Often times in a fight Rushmore is right in the middle of the fight. His ability to simply withstand the attacks of their foes allows him to become the main focus of most attacks. Allowing the others the freedom to do their part without drawing too much attention to themselves, to help this even more Rushmore will often talk as much as he can and do things like rip up large parts of the ground and hurl it about the fight or grab a nearby large item and use it as a weapon to keep drawing as much attention to himself as possible.

As for how he gained his powers, Marty has talked at length with Coldcast about the circumstances and the mage’s theory is that the dying solider somehow passed on a series of enchantments to Marty. The biggest clue to this is the tattoo Mary had noticed, it has certain arcane aspects to it, though so far Coldcast has been unable to learn much more about it (much to the mage’s irritation). For his part Marty has fewer questions about how he gained his powers as he does about what happened to the man he gained them from?

Did the damage done to the tattoo cause a problem with the man’s powers? Marty doesn’t have any kind of marking like it on his body and constantly submits himself to inspections for anything resembling it. Knowing of a possible weakness is very important to him given the responsibilities he has in the field.

Marty’s biggest question about the transfer is did the man’s injuries kill him or was it the transferring of the powers? Marty often wonders if at some future point will he be forced into a similar situation and what will his decision be given what he knows at the moment.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Jinn

Post by Tattooedman » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:32 am

Jinn:
Strength 3
Stamina 3
Agility 3
Dexterity 3
Fighting 6
Intellect 2
Awareness 5
Presence 2

Skills: Athletics 4 (+7), Close Combat [Swords] 4 (+12), Deception 6 (+8.), Expertise [Criminal] 8 (+10), Insight 8 (+13), Intimidation 8 (+10), Investigation 6 (+8.), Perception 8 (+13), Ranged Combat [Bi-Manipulation Array] 9 (+12), Stealth 8 (+11)

Advantages: All-Out Attack, Close Attack 2, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 3, Equipment, Improved Block, Improved Critical [Sword], Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Takedown 2

Powers: Iron Will: Enhanced Will 4 (Flaw: Limited [Only vs. Mental Effects])
Psychically Aware: Senses 1 [Danger Sense (mental)]
Bio-Manipulation Array:
Healing 10 (Extra: Energizing)
-Confusion: Ranged Affliction 10 [Impaired & Vulnerable, Disabled & Defenseless; resisted by Will] (Extras: Cumulative, Extra Condition); (Flaw: Limited Degree)
-Blocking Their View: Ranged Visual Affliction 10 [Impaired, Disabled, Unaware; resisted by Will] (Extras: Cumulative)
-Put Them To Sleep: Ranged Affliction 10 [Fatigued, Exhausted, Asleep] (Extra: Cumulative)

Photonic Blade (Easily Removable -10 pts) [16 pp]
Saftey Lock: Feature 1 [finger print match to use]
Damage Setting: Damage 10 (Extra: Penetrating); (Feats: Improved Critical 3, Improved Smash)
-Capture Setting: Affliction 8 [Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated; resisted by Will] (Extra: Cumulative)

Offense: Initiative +7
Melee Attack +8 // Sword Attack +12
Ranged Attack +3 // Bio-Manipulation Array Attack +12

Defense: Dodge +14
Parry +14
Toughness +8*/+5**/+3 [*Body Armor & Defensive Roll/**Body Armor]
Fortitude +8
Will +8 [+12]

Equipment: Body Armor [Protection 2; Subtle, Communicator, GPS]

Costs: Attributes 54+ Skills 25+ Advantages 16+ Powers 53+ Defenses 27= 175 pts.

Weight: 180 lbs
Hair: Light Brown
Eye Color: Hazel

Complications:

Secret: Jinn works for a secret organization.

Background: Roland Royce knew he was different from the people around at a very young age. Mostly because he knew that they were thinking he was odd, he didn’t know it because of any odd looks he got or subtle hints from their dealings with him. No Roland knew it because he could read it in their minds. Being the odd child led to the problems such a child would normally face, bullies. After the first few beatings Roland began a physical regiment that soon put him on equal ground against his would be attackers and combined with his ability to read their thoughts he easily managed to quickly gain the upper hand in those fights. Soon enough the bullies understood that Roland wasn’t someone to bother, then he made it a point to even stand up for the other kids who then became the targets for the bullies. Quickly enough Roland went from the “odd kid” to “most popular” as he also learned how to better hide his talents and the knowledge they gave him.

As he grew Roland realized he needed to use his growing mental powers as best he could to help others. Thus started his plan to better himself; studying martial arts and swordsman ship, learning all he could about his powers and how to best apply them, how to work people as needed. As he worked to master his growing mental powers Roland discovered that he could not only read and locate minds, he could, by force of his own willpower, affect the functions of other people's brains. From giving them small seizures that made their bodies freeze up to causing laspses with a person's visual or audio nerves making them either blind or deaf. There were several possible ways he could now deal with the criminals he'd soon be facing. By that time he was eighteen and Roland was regularly patrolling the streets of his home town, keeping the street gangs and local mob in check as the hero Zener.

For about a year and a half Roland kept things under control, crimes still happened but most of the time he was able to deal with things before they got too far out of his ability to deal with. Things went south for him though when the leader of the city’s mob called in a favor from his superiors and secured the service of one of the mob’s big super-enforcer, Fullbore, who was a cybernetic powerhouse. The main reason that Fullbore that was requested was part of his neural implants made him extremely resistant to psionic abilities. The resulting clash between Fullbore and Zener was violent and bloody, mostly on Zener’s side as he suffered a broken arm, multiple broken ribs, a skull fracture, and a knee so badly injured that it had to be completely replaced.

Because of the extent and sheer amount of injuries he suffered, Roland spent almost a whole year recovering. It was at this point that he was approached by Mack Williams to become part of the Shadow Riders and though at first Roland wasn’t very interested in Williams offers of covering the growing medical bills Roland was facing but the part where he said he had people who would “take care of” Fullbore so that nobody else would have to go through what Roland did were enough to get him to at least agree to work with the group until he’d paid them back for that expense in trade.

Williams made sure that taking care of Fullbore was one of team’s early missions and as Roland spent more time working with the other members the more he became comfortable with the idea of working as part of a team as he saw the benefits that came with being a part of a larger group of like-minded people. The only part that he was uncomfortable with was the severing of his old life, Roland had to completely walk away from the few close friends he had but given that most of them didn’t know about his life as a hero and the work he’d be doing for Williams would only make them possible targets he felt it was the only responsible thing he could do.

One thing Roland hasn’t realized is that his near death experience at the hands of Fullbore has changed his attitude on how to handle criminals. Where before Roland was willing to give only minor injuries he now will cut off the hand of a criminal who pulls a weapon on him or any other member of the team, he‘s simply returning their intentions back to them in his mind. This newfound willingness to be so aggressive in combat has made Roland’s roll on the Shadow Riders as one of their melee fighters, to this end Williams somehow managed to procure an energy sword for Roland to use. Given his extensive training in sword play Roland is now a very dangerous man to face off against when a person considers that with his mental powers allowing him to read an opponent’s moves in a fight as well as being able to distract and disorientate them during a fight has left many a foe with serious wounds and some missing limbs.

Remington has been keeping an eye on Roland’s aggressive nature very closely, this is something he’s seen before and he has already come up with several contingencies to deal with the possibility of Roland going rogue on the team but for now he has decided to try and work with Roland on a one-on-one basis between missions to try and guide him in a less obvious way towards a less bloody way of dealing with opponents. Remington knows that at some point Roland is going to find a foe that will be able to deal with his normal tactics and will be able to use his aggressive style against him and the team. So far it seems that Remington’s plan is working, though only time will show for sure if it plays out the way he wants it to for Roland‘s sake.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Torque

Post by Tattooedman » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:44 am

Torque:
Strength 2
Stamina 2
Agility 4
Dexterity 4
Fighting 4
Intellect 0
Awareness 0
Presence 0

Skills: Acrobatics 4 (+8.), Athletics 0 (+11), Deception 10 (+10), Insight 6 (+6), Intimidate 6 (+6), Perception 10 (+10), Stealth 6 (+10), Technology 3 (+3),

Advantages: Close Attack 4, Improved Initiative, Move-By Action, Power Attack, Seize Initiative, Set-Up, Taunt

Powers: Spinning Body:
Enhanced Skill 3 [Athletics +9]
Enhanced Dodge 5
Enhanced Parry 5
Movement 4 [Air Walking 2, Wall-Crawling 2]
Speed 6
Senses 1 [Radius Sight]

Spinning Attack Array: (Linked to Spinning Body)
Hard Air Ram: Damage 10 (Extra: Area [Line] 2)
-Flying Debris: Visual Affliction 10 [Impaired, Disabled, Unaware] (Extra: Area [Burst] 2)
-High-Speed Body Drill: Burrowing 10
-High-Speed Winds: Move Object 10 (Extra: Area [Burst] 2); (Flaw: Close Range)
-Spinning Backfist: Damage 10 (Feat: Improved Critical 4)
-Tornado: Damage 10 (Extra: Area [Burst] 2)

Refractive Armor (Removable -7 pts) [28 pp]
Omnium Steel Layers: Protection 8 (Extra: Impervious 10)
Omnium Steel Arm Blades: Strength-Based Damage 6 (Extra: Penetrating 8.); (Feats: Improved Critical 3)

Melee Attack +8
Ranged Attack +4

Defense: Dodge +10*/+5 [*Spinning Body]
Parry +10*/+5 [*Spinning Body]
Toughness +10*/+2 [*Refractive Armor (Impervious)]
Fortitude +6
Will +4

Costs: Attributes 32+ Skills 15+ Advantages 10+ Powers 91+ Defenses 10= 158 pts.

Height: 5’7”
Weight: 157 lbs
Hair: Reddish-Brown
Eye Color: Green

Complications:
Reputation: Torque is known to be a loudmouth jerk and a bully when he has the upper hand in a fight.

Secret: Torque (unwillingly) works for a secret organization.

Temper: Torque has a bit of a hidden temper due to his upbringing and people who humiliate him (at least in his eyes) will get a dose of it.

Background: Reed Hotchkins only wanted to be happy with his life. Unfortunately whatever greater powers are in charge of such things have apparently decided a long time ago that Reed’s wants would basically go unanswered. Growing up in a small, Kentucky mountain town Reed was the youngest child in a family of eight children. Everything he ever owned in his early years were basically third time around hand-me-downs from his older brothers, not that any of them ever fit him. All of his siblings were “dark-haired, sturdy mountain stock” as his Pa put it, but Reed wasn’t either of those. In fact his almost red hair, pale skin and scrawny frame indicated that his Pa wasn’t really his Pa but nothing was ever said. At least in front of him.

But Reed was treated different by his Pa and his older brothers, all four of them. He was disciplined the harshest, given the least rewards when he performed well, and was generally ignored by most the men in his family, aside from being picked on and pointing out his failures, and this led to most of the others people in the surrounding area to treat Reed in a similar fashion. His sisters tried to make up for how his male relations treated him but in the long run all it did was label him as a “weakling” who “couldn’t handle his business” and led to more taunting and teasing from his tormentors. This led to Reed becoming a bitter teenager who hated most the folks around his town, so when his powers manifested he instantly knew what he‘d do with them.

He’d show them all.

Several years later Rushmore passed through the community on something of a small vacation. He’d only planned on stopping there for the night but from the first moment he spoke to the old woman who ran the general store he knew something was off about how she answered his questions about finding a place to get something to eat and a place to stay. After looking around the small town Rushmore came face to face with Reed, who immediately started trying to intimidate and bully the powerhouse into submitting to his “authority”. To which Rushmore simply replied “No.”

Reed had been so used to the people of the town complying with his demands over the past few years that he immediately attacked Rushmore with a gust of tornado-force winds that threw him through a nearby house. When Rushmore pulled himself from the debris Reed discovered that he was about to fight his first superhuman. The fight that followed lasted only a few minutes as it ended in a stalemate, Reed only had his spinning ability at the time and was unable to injure Rushmore in his transformed state and Rushmore was couldn’t manage to lay a hand on the spinning speedster.

Realizing that their fight had demolished the house he’d been put through and its neighbors, Rushmore withdrew from the fight as he didn’t want to endanger any of the normal people that lived there. He realized that Reed wouldn’t stop his attacks until one of them either was down or backed off and Rushmore was a smart enough fighter to realize that he couldn’t stop Reed alone.

He needed his team.

One phone call and two hours later Remington and Coldcast had met up with Rushmore as he explained the situation to them. It only took Remington a few moments to come up with a plan for the three of them to deal with Reed’s threat. Rushmore returned to town, calling out for Reed to show himself, though he wasn’t quite ready for the response Reed had for him: a tornado that had whole cars, parts of the destroyed homes and even some bits of the local water tower all ready to be thrown at him. Remington ended Reed’s attack before things could get out of hand with one well placed shot from the Longfellow and Coldcast collected Reed and imprisoned him in enough ice that he couldn’t move his head from side to side, let alone manage to spin himself once he woke up. Then the three of simply took Reed with them through Coldcast’s portal to the Shadow Rider’s base.

When Reed woke up he was wearing restraints that nullified his powers and he was facing Remington and Williams who simply made him an offer. Work for them or they would make sure he wouldn’t be able to cause anymore trouble for his hometown ever again. When Reed said something about that being a threat to kill him Williams responded “Kid, I can do things that would make you wish that was what I was threatening. Now do you want to use your powers to actually help someone besides yourself or do I get creative?”

Since then Reed has been a member of the Shadow Riders as Torque, though he’s the most unhappy about the situation of any of the members; always complaining about the dangers they face and how he’s the expendable member. If there is something negative to be said nine out of ten times Torque is the one saying it, as loudly as possible. It’s gotten to the point that the other members of the team ignore his comments and if he starts to get too indignant then Remington will give him a gesture of pushing a button which immediately shuts Torque up. Nobody on the team has any idea what that gesture means and they have gotten to the point that they don’t care as long as it has the desired effect.

Meanwhile Reed hates that he’s part of the team, he’d set himself up as a mini-ruler of his mountain community and he misses lording over those that had made his young life hellish. Basically he’s a bully that finally found someone that can handle him and makes him behave himself. He’d leave the team if he could and try to get even with them for the treatment they’ve given him but Reed is smart enough to realize that kind of betrayal would have to total. Nobody on the team could survive as they would then hunt him down in retaliation and he knows that it would mean his end. For now he plays along, though he does complain and cause some minor grief for Williams and Remington just to show them that he is his “own man” but he ends up looking like the busted bully that he is.

Most of the time Torque is sent into situations as the scout for the team, his speed allowing him to cover an area in a reasonable amount of time. When the team splits up he is normally paired with Rushmore, as their areas of combat work together somewhat though normally Torque settles for hurling whatever items he can pick up with his winds. He tries to avoid close contact fighting if possible as he has fewer options in that situation, which he constantly complains about even though nobody can really do much to change it. Willaims did acquire some armor that makes up for Torque’s lack of defenses against attacks as well as give him some form of options in a melee fight if he’s forced into one. The arm blades built into his Refractive armor have been shown to be able to cut through most vehicles and even some standard building materials, though it’s been alluded to that there is some kind of failsafe built into it just in case Torque tries anything “funny”.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Remington

Post by Tattooedman » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:08 am

Remington:
Strength 4
Stamina 5
Agility 4
Dexterity 4
Fighting 6
Intellect 2
Awareness 4
Presence 2

Skills: Acrobatics 6 (+10), Athletics 6 (+10), Deception 12 (+14), Intimidation 12 (+14), Expertise [Ballistics] 12 (+14), Expertise [Current Events] 6 (+8.), Expertise [Soldier] 8 (+12), Insight 8 (+12), Investigation 6 (+8.), Perception 10 (+14), Stealth 10 (+14), Technology 6 (+8.), Vehicles [Air] 6 (+10), Vehicles [Land] 6 (+10)

Advantages: Assessment, Benefit [Combat Reaction (pull weapon when hearing a strange noise)], Close Attack 4, Contacts, Defensive Attack, Equipment 3, Improved Aim, Improved Initiative, Inspire 3, Luck [Determination] 2, Power Attack, Precise Attack [ranged; cover], Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 7, Ultimate Effort [Ultimate Aim]

Powers: The Longfellow (Easily Removable -16 pts) [24 pp]
Pulse Laser: Ranged Damage 11 (Extra: Penetrating); (Feat: Improved Critical 5)
-Pull-Out Pistols: Ranged Damage 11 (Extra: Multiattack); (Feats: Improved Critical 4, Split Attack]
-Taser Rounds: Ranged Affliction 10 [Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated; resisted by Fortitude] (Extra: Cumulative); (Feat: Improved Critical 2)

Melee Attack +10
Ranged Attack +11

Parry +14
Toughness +7*/+5 [*Armored Costume]
Fortitude +10
Will +11

Equipment: Armored Costume [Protection 2; Subtle, Communicator, GPS]
Mini-Arsenal: (10 ep)
Heavy Pistol [Ranged Damage 4]
-Tonfa [Strength-Based Damage 2]
-Knife [Strength-Based Damage 1; Improved Critical]

Costs: Attributes 54+ Skills 38+ Advantages 29+ Powers 24+ Defenses 30= 175 pts.

Weight: 210 lbs
Hair: Red
Eye Color: Green

Complications:
Honor: Remington will not harm children or other innocent, non-combatants.

Obsession: Finishing the mission and bringing his team back home.

Secret: Remington works for a secret organization.

Background: Not much of Richard Tabors life is a matter of public knowledge, he joined the Marine Corps as soon as he graduated high school. While going through basic training his aptitude for firearms and mechanics was discovered and he trained with a determination that few of his fellow recruits could match and he quickly grew to be one of the most physically able members of his platoon. Once he graduated from Paris Island and went into his M.O.S. training and quickly breezed through it and went on to his first assignment overseas and performed his job at almost the top level possible. A few years later Richard was able to apply to Force Recon, the Marine’s answer to the Navy S.E.A.L.s Richard had little trouble passing the additional training that was required and his natural ability for firearms allowed him to become the unit armorer.

Eventually though Richard became tired of the red tape that Force Recon was forced to go through and how several members were less able as he was during the course of a mission. The idea that he had to help the others, were lesser skilled in his mind, no matter what and eventually his attitude prevented him from advancing much further than he had in rank. This further embittered Richard to the point that none of his other teammates wanted to work with him and finally he was assigned to work with the only other member of the team who was viewed as almost as intolerable as he was, the team’s sniper. Working as the spotter for the sniper on several missions opened Richard’s eyes to a job that would challenge him like few others had yet faced and he quickly applied to sniper training and once again his natural talents with firearms made his career choice easier.

Following his finishing of the sniper school Richard worked in the jungles of Columbia, doing his part in the war on drugs. After that nothing else is positively known or can be confirmed in any way, though it has been stated that it was during this time that Richard met Mack Williams and was the start of their friendship.

Several years later when Williams was first looking for people to recruit to be part of what would become the Shadow Riders he remembered Richard and his skills. Realizing that with the right equipment that a man like Richard would be a challenge for almost any superhuman and with the right people backing him up they could deal with almost any kind of situation. Williams was able to track Richard down easily enough and made his pitch, to which Richard’s response has been quoted as being along the lines of “All that and there ain’t any red tape to deal with? Where do I sign?”

Since then Richard has led the Shadow Riders with little trouble, everyone on the team, except for Torque, respects his way of leading from the front so to speak even though many times he plays a support role using the Longfellow to take choice shots at the team’s targets, Richard won’t ask anyone on the team to do a job that he himself wouldn’t do. They also realize that it’s often his planning and tactics that allow them to come out the winner of their assignments.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Mack Williams

Post by Tattooedman » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:41 am

Mack Williams:
PL: 8
Strength 2
Stamina 3
Agility 3
Dexterity 3
Fighting 6
Intellect 4
Awareness 5
Presence 5

Skills: Acrobatics 3 (+7), Athletics 3 (+5), Deception 3 (+8.), Expertise [Computers] 3 (+8.), Expertise [Soldier] 3 (+7), Insight 3 (+8.), Intimidation 3 (+8.), Investigation 3 (+7), Perception 3 (+8.), Persuasion 3 (+8.), Sleight of Hand 3 (+6), Stealth 3 (+11), Technology 3 (+7), Treatment 3 (+7), Vehicles [Air] 3 (+6), Vehicles [Land] 3 (+6), Vehicles [Sea] 3 (+6)

Advantages: Assessment, Benefit 2 [Security Clearance, Multiple Alternate I.D.s], Benefit [Durable Lie], Connected, Contacts, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll, Equipment 5, Evasion, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative, Luck [Determination] 2, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 3, Uncanny Dodge, Well-Informed

Powers: Polymath: (Innate)
Quickness 5 (Flaw: Limited [Mental Tasks Only])
Variable 2 [10 points: skills & feats] (Extras: Continuous Duration, Free Action to Change)

Offense: Initiative +7
Melee Attack +6
Ranged Attack +6

Defense: Dodge +10
Parry +10
Toughness +6*/+5**/+3 [*Armored Coat & Defensive Roll/**Armored Coat]
Fortitude +7
Will +9

Equipment: Armored Coat [Protection 2; Subtle]
Commlink
Handcuffs
Computer Kit [+2 to Computer checks]
Investigator’s Kit [+2 to Investigation checks]
Masterwork Thieves’ Tools

Field Arsenal: (12 ep)
Blaster Pistol [Ranged Damage 5]
-Knife [Strength-Based Damage 1; Improved Critical]
-Throwing Knives [Strength-Based Damage 1; Multiattack]

Costs: Attributes 62+ Skills 17+ Advantages 23+ Powers 14+ Defenses 19= 135 pts.

Height: 5’9”
Weight: 153 lbs

Complications:
Honor: Willaims’ will try not to injure civilians if possible.

Reputation: Williams’ is known as cold-blooded sonuva so & so in the mercenary community.

Responsibility: Williams’ runs the cover for the team when their on assignment.

Responsibility: Williams’ take care of the team, no matter who is in trouble.

Secret: Williams’ works for a secret organization.

Background: Mack Williams, if that’s really his name (nobody on the team knows for sure aside from Remington and he’s not saying), claims he started off as a combat engineer who soon graduated to the “real work” of being part of S.E.A.L. Team Six. Since most of their missions are considered Top Secret not much of his time there can be verified. What is known is that after several years in the S.E.A.L.s Williams went on to join RED CELL, a counter-terrorism unit designed to test the readiness of American bases all over the world as well as rumors of their being commandoes for the American government in the third world nations. Like the S.E.A.L.s, all of RED CELL’s missions are tied up under the cover of Top Secret.

What is known is that Mack Williams has demonstrated on several occasions that he does know a large amount of the people in those circles and has the connections to call in favors owed, as well as the skills a person would associate with someone from that line of work. Williams is a chameleon. Able to deal with members of different local law enforcement agencies, claiming to be a member of whatever government agency would best serve his needs at that particular moment. So far Williams has had no trouble convincing whoever he’s dealing with that he is who he says and can produce the proper identification on demand (pick any agency you like. Williams has impersonated agents in all of them. Twice at least, maybe even three times).

Often times it’s Williams ability to have the information of the local law as a starting point for the team to figure out where and who they need to talk to deal with their current mission. Most of the time whenever the team is in the field, Williams is contact with them. Staying in the loop as to any problems they may encounter and quickly acts to deal with them, at least on the law enforcement side of things.

Overall Williams likes the members of the Shadow Riders, aside from Torque, and respects them for their individual abilities, even Torque. He does try to stay aloof from them, as he’s the one who has to make all the tough calls for the team, so if someone has to be left behind it’s on Williams to call it. Though the one time this happened, Williams personally led the team back into the field to recover the lost agent. Once they’d rescued Torque, he began one of his rants about how he’s not really wanted on the team and how this was all a failed plan to get rid of him. After Williams listened to his full five minute spiel he simply sighed and knocked the man out with one shot, threw him over his shoulder and carried him out. When asked why he rescued the most unwanted member of the team Williams answered very simply.

“It doesn’t matter how well liked he is, hell it doesn’t matter that he’s a talking horse’s backside. He’s one of us and I’ll not leave anyone of you in the cold. Even if I don’t like you. Even if he is a monstrously huge pain in my posterior and my life would be a lot easier without him around. Nobody gets left behind if I can help it. Now do you want to carry him out?”

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: World of Freedom: Crooks, Criminals & Crazies

Post by Tattooedman » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:16 am

Alright I've gotten a few original characters built in 3E now and while it was a bit more fun than I first thought it's time for me to get back to what I'm really good at, being a gamer hack and adding to the list of growing bad guys for my WOF Setting. I've gotten a few done over the last few days, thanks mostly to having all my Christmas events happen on the Eve and leaving me with free time on the actual day.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Bloodstrike

Post by Tattooedman » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:19 am

Bloodstrike:
PL:
Strength 10
Stamina 9
Agility 8
Dexterity 8
Fighting 6
Intellect 2
Awareness 2
Presence 2

Skills: Acrobatics 8 (+16), Expertise [Criminal] 6 (+8.), Insight 8 (+10), Intimidation 12 (+14), Perception 8 (+10), Stealth 6 (+14), Vehicles [Air] 3 (+11), Vehicles [Land] 3 (+11)

Advantages: Agile Feint, All-Out Attack, Assessment, Close Attack 3, Daze [Intimidation], Defensive Strike, Equipment, Follow-Up Strike, Improved Critical [Unarmed] 4, Improved Feint, Improved Initiative 2, Improved Smash, Improved Trip, Luck [Determination] 2, Power Attack, Precise Attack [melee; concealment], Seize Initiative, Startle, Takedown 2, Ultimate Effort [Ultimate Dodge], Ultimate Effort [Ultimate Parry], Uncanny Dodge

Powers: DNAscent Process:
Enhanced Strength 8 (Flaw: Limited [Lifting Only]
-Leaping 8
Immunity 9 [Disease, Environmental Cold, Environmental Heat, Poison, Pressure, Radiation, Suffocation, Vacuum]
Regeneration 5
Zero Energy Shaping: Strength-Based Damage 5 (Feat: Improved Critical 4)

Offense: Initiative +16
Melee Attack +9
Ranged Attack +8

Defense: Dodge +15
Parry +15
Toughness +9
Fortitude +15
Will +9

Equipment: Stylized Body Armor [Feature (corrective lenses)]

Costs: Abilities 94+ Skills 18+ Advantages 30+ Powers 32+ Defenses 31= 205 pts.

Height: 6’3”
Weight: 225 lbs

Complications:
Disability: Bloodstrike suffers from extreme nearsightedness and must wear corrective lenses.

Enemy: The Sentinels.

Movtivation ~Revenge: Bloodstrike wants to avenge himself on the Sentinels for kicking him off the team and prove that he is more powerful than any of them are.

Reputation: Bloodstrike is known for being a ruthless fighter who is vicious in a fight.

Weakness: Bloodstrike is vulnerable to psychic attacks and can suffer extra damage from such attacks (Increase DC of sucyh attacks by +5).

Background: Micky Malone grew up a local kid in Hell’s Kitchen with plenty of attitude and a hothead reputation, getting into fights far more quickly than he could get out of them. At an early age he became determined never to be on the losing side of a fight and dedicate himself to a strict physical regimen of exercise and fight training. By the time Micky was eighteen, he was a highly skilled, self-trained martial artist that was able to handle gang bangers, goons, mob enforcers and even low-level super crooks with little trouble.

The problem was that Micky lacked the mental discipline that most martial artists develop and he soon started to abuse his abilities, running into trouble with the NYPD after hospitalizing crooks. What finally landed Micky in jail was his attack on an entire street gang, granted the Wildboyz had been menacing several neighborhoods but Micky attacked them unprovoked and he permanently disfigured two of them and left one in critical condition with doctors unsure of his recovery. Micky was arrested for aggravated assault and a few other charges, tried and sentenced to ten years in prison.

Micky’s situation caught the attention of Hardcore of the Sentinels and he recognized the potential in the younger man if he could only get past the anger he had inside him and used his standing as a hero to offer Micky a deal; join the Sentinels so that hecould get better training and more importantly, proper guidance in how to be a hero and he would be considered on probation for his offense for the following five years with the stipulation that he must remain a member of the Sentinels for the entire time.

Unfortunately for him Micky proved to be a bad investment; he resisted any kind of formal training, resented authority and quickly began to grate on the nerves of the other members of the Sentinels (even good natured Troll). What was the final straw was when Micky disobeyed direct orders from Hardcore during a fight against the Black Knights where he chased after the fleeing members. Even though he managed to capture Terminal Velocity he was unnecessarily brutal, breaking both of the man’s legs as well as savagely beating him, but what was worse was that he failed to help the other Sentinels free innocent civilians who had been trapped in a burning bus during the two teams fighting. While it’s important to capture the bad guys, protecting the public is always more important and Hardcore knew that Micky knew that.

So with disgust over Micky’s last act of cruelty, Hardcore booted him from the Sentinels and returned him to prison to finish out his original sentence. An act that enraged and infuriated Micky to the point that he came up with a plan of revenge and he had soon broken out of prison and hooked up with what he thought was representatives of the Power-House, in truth however it was agents of the Labyrinth, to gain the levels of power he knew he needed to properly challenge Hardcore and the other Sentinels (as Micky was literally “bounced off” the team by Hardcore personally when he tried to attack him upon being told he was off the team), despite the chances of side-effects he was warned about. When the “treatments” were over, Micky emerged a changed man; now a hulking brute of muscle, rippling with power and the ability to shape a very destructive “zero energy” into a variety of weapon-like shapes. Unfortunately the process also drove Micky even more over the edge, as he now would fall into a homicidal fury over the least provocation.

His first attempt at striking back at the Sentinels almost earned him the revenge he wanted so badly; using their habits, personalities and weaknesses as he’d learned them from working with them Bloodstrike, as Wayne had then named himself, systematically picked off member after member until only Hardcore remained. Then in the hidden base Killjoy had set up, and in front of the other captured members of the Sentinels he had held there following his capturing of them, the two men faced off. It was only Hardcore’s years of experience that allowed him to not only hold off Bloodstrike but trick him into freeing the other Sentinels from their restraints.

It was then that Bloodstrike learned of a previously unknown weakness he’d acquired from his “Power-House treatment”; an increased vulnerability to psychic attacks, when Iron Angel used her mental powers to incapacitate him. Bloodstrike woke up almost three entire days later, now an inmate at Blackstone Prison.

Over the years since Bloodstrike has managed to escape a number of times, sometimes on his own and others helped by those looking to strike back at the Sentinels. But he still ends up eventually being returned to his customized cell at Blackstone where he’s subjected to a non-stop projection of alpha-wave frequencies that keep him constantly drowsy and a relaxed state that leaves Bloodstrike unable to focus himself enough to use his energy shaping powers or his strength to break out. Unfortunately this is the only way the technicians have of keeping Bloodstrike restrained as he is oddly resistant to their usual methods and it is a somewhat fragile system; if Bloodstrike goes unexposed to the alpha-waves for more than fifteen minutes he will come out of his induced stupor and respond accordingly.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:29 pm, edited 5 times in total.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Stalwart

Post by Tattooedman » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:20 am

Stalwart:
PL:
Strength 14 (2)
Stamina 10 (2)
Agility 3
Dexterity 3
Fighting 6
Intellect 0
Awareness 3
Presence 1

Skills: Acrobatics 3 (+6), Diplomacy 6 (+7), Expertise [Pop Culture] 8 (+8.), Expertise [Streetwise] 4 (+4), Insight 9 (+12), Intimidation 12 (+13), Perception 9 (+12), Persuasion 6 (+7), Ranged Combat [Energy Blast] 5 (+8.), Stealth 8 (+11)

Advantages: All-Out Attack, Close Attack 2, Power Attack, Move-By Action

Powers: Meteor Given Powers:
Stronger Than Humanly Possible: Enhanced Strength 12
-Flash Vision: Ranged Damage 12
Tougher Than Humanly Possible:
Enhanced Stamina 8
Impervious Toughness 10
Protection 4 (Extra: Impervious 2)
Faster Than Humanly Possible: Flight 12

Offense: Initiative +3
Melee Attack +8
Ranged Attack +3 // Energy Blast Attack +8

Defense: Dodge +8
Parry +8
Toughness +14* [*Impervious 12]
Fortitude +12
Will +8

Costs: Abilities 40+ Skills 24+ Advantages 5+ Powers 71+ Defenses 14= 154 pts.

Height: 6’2”
Weight: 227 lbs

Complications:
Guilt: Stalwart still feels that he has a debt to pay for the crooks he killed when he was mentally unbalanced as well for leading his team into the ambush that killed most of them and driving the few remaining members away.

Reputation: Stalwart is known for being a “failure” as a hero and killing a few low-level metaman crooks before being shipped off to Providence Asylum.

Background: For a short while in the early 1990s James Butler was Stalwart, one of the most well known heroes in the United States. Possessing impressive powers and courage he led a short-lived team known as the Ultranauts against several enemies all over the country, including the likes of the Sinister Syndicate, the Masters of Speed
and the Masters of Fortune to name a few.

James grew up in a Midwestern town where he found a strange rock that had crashed in his father’s crop field. James learned the rock was actually a meteor that had crashed, but only after digging it up and exposing himself to the strange, subtle radiation it gave off. James’ cellular structure mutated as a result and the meteor became inert shortly after that, no longer a possible threat to anyone. When he told his parents what had happened and they quickly took James to a local hospital which eventually the Butler family was referred to one of ASTRO Labs satellite locations in the nearby big city.

After several days of testing both James and the now inert meteor the scientists determined there were no harmful side effects of his transformation and they helped James to understand the basics of his powers as well as how to control them. His parents encouraged James to use his powers as a hero, to help humanity and within a few months Stalwart made his public debut. He operated solo for a few months until he and a few other heroes he’d encountered decided to band together, with them choosing Stalwart to lead them. For almost two years the Ultranauts fought all manner of crime until Stalwart unwittingly led the team into an ambush that ended with the deaths of several of his teammates; Black Dog, Condor, Crimson Commando, Jitterbug and Miss Mystery. The remaining members, El Dorado, Lady Lightning and Thunderfist retired from heroics. It seems that a rift had been growing among the group due to an affair between Lady Lightning and Jitterbug that was discovered by Lady Lightning’s husband, Black Dog, and Stalwart’s growing ego. Between that and the deaths of the majority of the group, the survivors had decided that they’d had enough and left Stalwart to his own devices.

Those two incidents - the ambush and the subsequent dissolution of the Ultranauts - drove Stalwart off the deep end and he began a quest to destroy super crooks when and wherever he found them. But instead of turning them over to authorities Stalwart would leave them physically broken; beating them savagely and leaving several of them for dead by the time he was done and what was worse was the fact that were scores of witness to his deeds. Finally the AEGIS couldn’t ignore what Stalwart was doing, quickly moving to close in on him and asked him to surrender. In a surprising moment of lucidity Stalwart realized the insanity of his behavior and surrendered peacefully, going on to plead not guilty by reason of mental defect to five counts of murder and following an in-depth psychological exam Stalwart was deemed mentally unfit to stand trial and was placed into the care of Providence Asylum. But due to his having powers several stipulations were put into place and he was ordered to wear power negating devices while staying at Providence and he was subjected to weekly check ups by representatives of Blackstone Prison to maintain and repair the devices.

Thanks to Doctor Ashley Ellis, Stalwart has managed to make a return from the haze of his madness. He does however realize the scope of his crimes (as he sees them, and feels that he should still have been sent to prison despite his mental illness) and how it affected the superhero community as well as his place in it as a disgrace and a fallen hero. Every day he contemplates his the foolishness of his actions and currently it is looking as if he’ll be released into the public at his next mental fitness evaluation that’s just a few months away despite his insistence that he should be sent to prison to serve time for his crimes instead.

How he will react once he’s out isn’t clear but it won’t be a warm welcome James’ finds waiting for him; he still receives hate mail to this day over his past failures. To him it’s just proof he still has a debt to pay.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Chambara

Post by Tattooedman » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:24 am

Chambara:
PL:
Strength 6
Stamina 6
Agility 6
Dexterity 6
Fighting 8
Intellect 2
Awareness 0
Presence 0

Skills: Acrobatics 10 (+16), Athletics 6 (+12), Close Combat [Samurai Weapons*] 4 (+12), Close Combat [Unarmed] 8 (+14), Deception 10 (+10), Expertise [Pop Culture] 7 (+9), Expertise [Samurai Weapons] 12 (+14), Insight 9 (+9), Intimidation 12 (+12), Investigation 6 (+8.), Perception 9 (+9), Ranged Combat [Bows] 8 (+14), Stealth 9 (+15)

Advantages: Agile Feint, Assessment, Equipment, Evasion 2, Improved Critical [Unarmed] 2, Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative, Improved Smash, Improved Trip, Languages 2 [Base: English; Japanese, Mandarin], Power Attack, Precise Attack [melee; concealment], Takedown 2, Task Focus [Expertise (Pop Culture): Anime], Uncanny Dodge

Powers: Modern Daisho: (Easily Removable -6 pts) [11 pp]
Energy Katana & Wakizashi: Damage 12 (Feats: Improved Critical 4, Split Attack)

High Tech Yumi: (Easily Removable -12 pts) [18 pp]
Explosive Arrows: Ranged Damage 8 (Extra: Area [Burst])
-Blunt-Tipped Arrows: Ranged Damage 8
-Flare Arrow: Ranged Visual Affliction 8 [Impaired, Disabled, Unaware; resisted by Fortitude] (Extra: Cumulative)
-Gas Arrow: Ranged Affliction 8 [Fatigued, Exhausted, Asleep; resisted by Fortitude] (Extra: Area [Burst])
-Smoke Arrow: Visual Concealment 2 (Extras: Area [Burst], Attack)
-Tangler Arrow: Ranged Affliction 8 [Vulnerable & Hindered, Defenseless & Immobilized; resisted by Dodge] (Extras: Cumulative, Extra Condition); (Flaw: Limited Degree)
-Volley Of Arrows: Ranged Damage 8 (Extra: Multiattack)

Melee Attack +8 // Samurai Weapons Attack +12 // Unarmed Attack +14
Ranged Attack +6 // Bow Attack +14

Parry +14
Toughness +10*/+6 [*Modern Samurai Armor]
Fortitude +11
Will +12

Equipment: Modern Samurai Armor [Protection 4]

Costs: Abilities 68+ Skills 40+ Advantages 20+ Powers 29+ Defenses 31= 188 pts.
*Samurai Weapons includes the following;
Katana, Wakizashi, Staff, & Naginata
Weight: 198 lbs

Complications:
Enemy: The Cult of the Red Banner.

Honor: Chambara follows Bushido, a code of chivalry for Samurai.

Motivation ~Revenge: Chambara seeks to avenge the death of his parents, who were killed by members of the Cult of the Red Banner, by destroying every member of the Cult.

Background: Lester Tavor developed a love for Japanese anime at an early age, reveling in the exploits of brave mecha pilots, smart-alecky demon hunters, and most of all, fast-fighting samurai and ninja. An intensely lonely and intellectual lad, Lester’s life was turned upside down when his parents and younger sister were murdered by members of the Cult of the Red Banner, a real-life ninja clan. It turned out that Lester’s dad had insulted a set of business rivals to the point that they hired the Cult to deal with him and in the Cult’s usual M.O. killed his family as well, the only reason Lester survived is that he was out of town visiting his grandparents.

When he came home, Lester underwent a grim reality check; these shadow warriors who slaughtered his family weren’t glamorous sword fighters pursuing noble causes, they were nothing more than cold-blooded killers. The boy swore to avenge his family and living off the generous life insurance payoff he’d received began a life of intense martial training; mastering samurai swordsmanship by the age of twenty-one.

Lester then embarked on his goal of destroying the ninja who had killed his family all those years ago. Over the course of several years Lester eliminated dozens of members of the Cult of the Red Banner, earning himself the name of Chambara (a demon of vengeance in Asian mythology), all across Europe and Asia as well as in his homeland of the United States. In the process Chambara gained several “students” and eventually formed his own school based on his own customize fighting style of hyper-intense swordsmanship. But as Chambara felt that his mission was nearing completion he began to seek other challenges, having become absorbed into a life of dueling, fighting and bloodshed. He was willing to challenge anyone to a duel just to prove his skills, especially if they had criminal ties of some sort. In the process Chambara killed a number of enforcers for various Triads. Including lower ranking ones that were a part of Doctor Sin’s criminal empire.

Seeking to remove a thorn before it became too wedged into his paw, Sin tricked Chambara into going after Golden Frog, a member of Tiger Squad whom Sin had made to look as if he was corrupt and working against the government. When Golden Frog traveled to the United States on a mission for the Chinese Government Chambara confronted with the bogus information he’d been supplied Golden Frog denied everything which infuriated Chambara and he challenged him, forcing the man to defend himself against the swordsman.

It was a short fight as Chambara was fighting to kill while Golden Frog was not, playing right into Sin’s plan and proved to be Chambara’s undoing. The fight was in broad daylight and was captured on video by agents of Sin and it was sent to AEGIS along with Chambara’s last known address, who promptly captured the self-styled kenshin and sent him to Blackstone Prison for fifty years for murder.

Meanwhile the Cult of the Red Banner, who often work for Doctor Sin, have begun a campaign to assassinate Chambara’s students before finally killing him in prison (they’ve already eliminated half of his followers). But somehow Chambara knows what is going on and is looking forward to the attack, having been refocused on his quest by the events that have landed him in jail. For now he waits and is planning on reforming his school once he inevitably escapes and then he will hunt down the leaders of the Cult of the Red Banner and destroy them as well as any other criminal organization they are affiliated with.

What is interesting about Chambara is that he has not ever studied Japanese history or samurai philosophy (beyond the basics of Bushido) and has modeled himself instead after the stylized samurai imagery he has seen in countless anime movies and books. This helps to explain his hairstyle, exaggerated costume and tendency to shout out the name of the maneuver he is executing while performing it. Most people believe that Chambara is mentally unbalanced and honestly they might be correct but he’s in touch with reality enough to know what he is doing he’s just an odd kind of fellow with a tragic past that has shaped him into the man he is today.

-- Chiun