Prodigy Duck 3e Builds (Red Ghost, Red Guardian, Red Skull)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Prodigy Duck 3e Builds (Stilt-Man)

Post by Batgirl III » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:29 am

Stilt-Man has not aged well as a concept, I mean, he was one of the first villains that Daredevil ever fought waaay back in 1965. In his original outing, The Stilt-Man Cometh, bad guys were still more often crooks and not world-conqueors, terrorists, or serial killers. The way that Wally Wood's art combines with that classic "Marvel Way" writing made Stilt-Man a thrilling opponent for Horn-head. The kids reading it -- or kids reading it as a reprint in the 80s -- knew that the hero would win in the end, the fun was figuring out how. Follow that link, you can read the whole original ish, it's a fun ride.

Yeah, he fails as a character today... Even though he was always meant to be something of a jobber, the comics today just don't seem to have room more gimmicked crooks. (And Marvel barely has room for superheroes these days...) But I think an encounter with Stilt-Man or a similar gimmick'd crook -- with powers/abilities that are a real hamper (but not an insurmountable one) to your heroes would be a perfect way to kill an hour or so if you've got an M&M3e game scheduled and one of the players is delayed.

The one guy who flies can't make it? Have the other players stop the Vulture from robbing a penthouse charity fundraiser.
The only guy who can swim has car trouble? Black Manta has taken hostages on the Statton Island fairy.
Speedster running late? The Tortoise is robbing the First National Bank.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by prodigyduck » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:03 am

Batgirl III wrote:Stilt-Man has not aged well as a concept, I mean, he was one of the first villains that Daredevil ever fought waaay back in 1965. In his original outing, The Stilt-Man Cometh, bad guys were still more often crooks and not world-conqueors, terrorists, or serial killers. The way that Wally Wood's art combines with that classic "Marvel Way" writing made Stilt-Man a thrilling opponent for Horn-head. The kids reading it -- or kids reading it as a reprint in the 80s -- knew that the hero would win in the end, the fun was figuring out how. Follow that link, you can read the whole original ish, it's a fun ride.

Yeah, he fails as a character today... Even though he was always meant to be something of a jobber, the comics today just don't seem to have room more gimmicked crooks. (And Marvel barely has room for superheroes these days...) But I think an encounter with Stilt-Man or a similar gimmick'd crook -- with powers/abilities that are a real hamper (but not an insurmountable one) to your heroes would be a perfect way to kill an hour or so if you've got an M&M3e game scheduled and one of the players is delayed.

The one guy who flies can't make it? Have the other players stop the Vulture from robbing a penthouse charity fundraiser.
The only guy who can swim has car trouble? Black Manta has taken hostages on the Statton Island fairy.
Speedster running late? The Tortoise is robbing the First National Bank.
My thoughts exactly, BatgirlIII.

Thanks for the link. I loved actually getting to read the story.
"Terrorism is the tactic of the weak." -Reza Aslan, Muslim Scholar

Mediocrity always attacks excellence.

Please see my MnM Beastiary.

Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Batgirl III » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:55 pm

He steals money and jewelry with a vacuum hose at one point. Put that in yer darker and edgier, and smoke it fanboys. :lol:

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by prodigyduck » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:50 pm

Batgirl III wrote:He steals money and jewelry with a vacuum hose at one point. Put that in yer darker and edgier, and smoke it fanboys. :lol:
And I included the Vaccuum in his suit! :)

Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Batgirl III » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:39 pm

I've always wanted to see a full-length origin issue for Stiltman: "You're going to commit crimes in that!? That power armor sucks!" "Not yet it doesn't, but you've given me an idea. Muh-hahaha!"

(or is it Stilt-Man or Stilt Man; Marvel is all over the map on this one. Sometimes on the same page. I guess I can be glad he's not "the Stiltman." I get enough odd looks from people that get annoyed with me for always using the definite article for the Batman.)

JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by JoshuaDunlow » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:30 pm

prodigyduck wrote:Image

STILT-MAN (PL 7)
Wilbur Day
Bodycast: Eddie Deezen
Base of Operations: New York City
Affiliation: Independent, former Circus of Crime
Height: 5’6”; Weight: 150 lbs.
Eyes: Blue; Hair: Bald

Strength 5/2*, Stamina 2, Agility 4/3*, Dexterity 2
Fighting 3, Intellect 6, Awareness 3, Presence 2

POWERS
Stilt-Man Armor
: Removable (-15 points)
Armor: Impervious Toughness 6, Protection 4 – 10 points
Cybernetic Augmentation: Enhanced Agility 1, Enhanced Strength 3 – 8 points
Internal Air Supply: Immunity 2 (Suffocation) – 2 points
Non-Stick Coating: Immunity 5 (Entrapment Effects) – 5 points
Stilts: Elongation 5 (250 feet; Limited to Legs), Enhanced Acrobatics 8 (Limited to Balance), Speed 5 (60 mph) – 10 points
Vacuum: Feature 1 – 1 point
Onboard Weapons: Array (36 points)
Knockout Gas: Cloud Area Affliction 9 (Fatigued, Exhausted, Asleep; Resisted by Fortitude; Progressive) – 36 points
Ramming Kick: Strength-Based Damage 4 – 1 point

ADVANTAGES
Second Chance (Acrobatics checks with Balance)

SKILLS
Acrobatics 0 (+4, +12 balance), Perception 2 (+5), Technology 6 (+12)

OFFENSE
Initiative
+4
Kick +3 (Close, Damage 9)
Unarmed +3 (Close, Damage 5)

DEFENSE
Dodge
6, Parry 5, Toughness 6 (Impervious 6)
Fortitude 4, Will 5

POWER POINTS
Abilities 46 + Advantages 1 + Defenses 8 + Powers 58 + Skills 4 = 117 Total

COMPLICATIONS
Motivation:
Wilbur wants to strike it rich.
Relationship: Wilbur is married to Zelda DuBois (Princess Python). [How did he manage this?]
Some Guys Never Learn: Wilbur always tries again, no matter how many times he fails.

:idea: Last night, I ran my solo Marvel game: "All-Aryan Girl." Ingrid was in a bad mood, after several events, and went out on patrol, looking for a fight. I happened to be Super Bowl Sunday. She ran into Stilt-Man, here! The battle was awesome! Even though Wilber is one PL lower than Ingrid, the fight lasted a good while (about 10 total rounds; the battle with Whiplash II, in comparison, only lasted 3 rounds). After Ingrid trounced Stiltie, it was discovered that the sports bar he had robbed was, in fact, a front operation for a Maggia gambling den. This, added to the fact that she ditched the Captain Aryan costume for a new one (Olympia!)... she got a warm welcome from the poilice and bystanders.
His powers may seem a little jokeable, but that doesn't mean they are. I could see ways of Improving this character, to something more serious. Extendable limbs instead of stilts, powerful pistons in his boots to give him leaping. And he would probably make a half way decent spider man foe, considering he's immune to entrapment. Btw, would love to see the Olympia's outfit ;)

scc
Zealot
Zealot

Post by scc » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:40 pm

Awesome Stilt-Man! He will always have a place in one of my M&M games, and in my heart.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Post by prodigyduck » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:31 pm

JoshuaDunlow wrote:
Btw, would love to see the Olympia's outfit ;)
It has yet to be drawn, but I'll see what I can do. :)

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: Prodigy Duck 3e Builds (Kale)

Post by prodigyduck » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:52 pm

KALE, JENNIFER (PL 7)
Jennifer Kale
Bodycast: Anna Pacquin
Base of Operations: Citrusville, Florida
Affiliation: Independent
Height: 5’6”; Weight: 122 lbs.
Eyes: Blue; Hair: Blonde

Strength 2, Stamina 2, Agility 2, Dexterity 3
Fighting 2, Intellect 3, Awareness 4, Presence 4

POWERS
Astral Detection:
Senses 6 (Detect Magic [Acute, Ranged Mental Sense], Vision Counters Concealment [Dimensional – Astral Realm]) – 6 points
Atlantean Sorcery: Array (20 points)
Eldritch Blast: Ranged Damage 10 – 20 points
Ensnaring: Ranged Affliction 9 (Hindered and Vulnerable / Defenseless and Immobilized; Resisted by Will; Cumulative, Extra Condition, Limited to Two Degrees) – 1 point
Exile: Movement Attack 2 (Dimensional Travel 2 [any mystic dimension]; Limited to Ensnared targets) – 1 point
Medium: Senses 1 (Communication Link [with Dakhim’s spirit]) – 1 point

ADVANTAGES
Defensive Roll 2, Ritualist

SKILLS
Athletics 2 (+4), Expertise (Florida Everglades) 6 (+9), Expertise (Magic) 6 (+9), Perception 2 (+6)

OFFENSE
Initiative
+2
Eldritch Blast +3 (Ranged, Damage 10)
Ensnaring +3 (Ranged, Affliction 9)
Unarmed +2 (Close, Damage 2)

DEFENSE
Dodge
4, Parry 4, Toughness 4 / 2 flat-footed
Fortitude 4, Will 10

POWER POINTS
Abilities 44 + Advantages 3 + Defenses 12 + Powers 29 + Skills 8 = 96 Total

COMPLICATIONS
Monster Magnet:
Jennifer tends to attract the attention of demons and other-worldy monsters (particularly those with lots of tentacles).
Power Loss: Jennifer must speak and gesture to cast spells.
Reputation: The supernatural community knows Jennifer to be a powerful apprentice sorceress and white magician.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: Prodigy Duck 3e Builds (Kang)

Post by prodigyduck » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:57 pm

KANG THE CONQUEROR (PL 9)
Real Name
: Nathaniel Richards
Bodycast: Michael Rosenbaum
Base of Operations: Earth (31st century)
Affiliation: Independent
Height: 6’3”; Weight: 230 lbs.
Eyes: Brown; Hair: Brown

Strength 6 (3*), Stamina 3, Agility 3, Dexterity 2
Fighting 2, Intellect 7, Awareness 2, Presence 3
* without armor

POWERS
Genius:
Quickness 2 (Limited to Mental Tasks) – 1 point
Powered Armor: Removable (-17 points)
Armor: Impervious Toughness 6, Protection 6 – 12 points
Force Field Generator: Create 11 (Impervious 11, Selective) – 44 points
Life Support Systems: Immunity 6 (Corrosive Effects, Disease, Poisons, Sleep, Starvation and Thirst) – 6 points
Weapon Systems: Array (22 points)
Blaster Gauntlets: Ranged Damage 11 – 22 points
Cybernetic Muscles: Enhanced Strength 3 – 1 point

EQUIPMENT
Damocles:
Vehicle (as Space Battleship, plus Powers Movement 5 [Dimensional Travel 2 [alternate timelines], Time Travel 3]) – 103 points

ADVANTAGES
Benefit 6 (Ruler of the 31st century Earth, Wealth 5 [billionaire]), Diehard, Eidetic Memory, Equipment 21, Great Endurance, Inventor, Ranged Attack 1, Skill Mastery (Technology)

SKILLS
Expertise (History) 6 (+13), Expertise (Timeline) 6 (+13), Insight 6 (+8), Intimidation 6 (+9), Perception 2 (+4), Persuasion 2 (+5), Technology 6 (+13), Vehicles 6 (+8)

OFFENSE
Initiative
+3
Blasters +3 (Ranged, Damage 11)
Unarmed +2 (Close, Damage 6)

DEFENSE
Dodge
9, Parry 8, Toughness 9 (Impervious 6)
Fortitude 9, Will 8

POWER POINTS
Abilities 50 + Advantages 33 + Defenses 24 + Powers 69 + Skills 20 = 196 Total

COMPLICATIONS
Honor:
Kang believes that the strong should rule the weak. He also believes that rulers should use their strength to protect those they have conquered. Kang will keep his word when given. He also believes in facing his enemies directly; he does not attack them with subterfuge. Kang CONQUERS!
Infamy: Kang is feared as one of the most dangerous foes in the universe.
Motivation: Kang seeks to conquer Earth in every era of time.
Relationship: Kang is married to Ravonna.

:idea: At PL 9, Kang is not dangerous on his own. However, the resources he can bring to bear makes him VERY dangerous.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: Prodigy Duck 3e Builds (Karma)

Post by prodigyduck » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:00 am

KARMA (PL 12)
Xi’an Coy Mahn
Bodycast: Pia Reyes
Base of Operations: San Francisco
Affiliation: New Mutants
Height: 5’4”; Weight: 90 lbs.
Eyes: Dark Brown; Hair: Black

Strength 2, Stamina 3, Agility 2, Dexterity 2
Fighting 3, Intellect 2, Awareness 4, Presence 2

POWERS
Mind Control:
Perception Ranged Affliction 12 (Dazed / Compelled / Controlled; Resisted by Will; Concentration, Cumulative) – 60 points

EQUIPMENT
X-Men Uniform:
Concealment 1 (Technological Mutant Detectors), Feature 3 (Commlink, Compass, Watch) – 5 points

ADVANTAGES
Benefit (New Mutants Member), Equipment 1, Languages 2 (English, French [Vietnamese is native])

SKILLS
Expertise (Executive Assistant) 6 (+8), Expertise (Survival) 6 (+8), Insight 2 (+6), Intimidation 2 (+4), Perception 2 (+6), Persuasion 6 (+8), Stealth 6 (+8)

OFFENSE
Initiative
+2
Mind Control Perception (Ranged, Affliction 12)
Unarmed +3 (Close, Damage 2)

DEFENSE
Dodge
4, Parry 5, Toughness 3
Fortitude 5, Will 10

POWER POINTS
Abilities 40 + Advantages 4 + Defenses 12 + Powers 60 + Skills 15 = 131 Total

COMPLICATIONS
Prejudice:
Xi’an is a mutant. She is also a minor.
Secret Identity: Xi’an Coy Mahn.
Self-Sufficient: Xi’an prefers to do things herself and not burden other with her problems.
Temper: Xi’an is usually level-headed, but she can be vicious and deadly when left with no other options.

JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Prodigy Duck 3e Builds (Kale, Kang, Karma)

Post by JoshuaDunlow » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:57 am

I have to say, I love the Kale build. She earned a place in my heart, when I was still reading comics. She teamed up with Ghost Rider, and the Man Thing, to deal with a threat by Fu Mang shu (the dragon of the moon?). I think that's what it was. Now Kang's PL is surprising, I'd imagine he would have been a little higher. Considering his run in's with the Avengers. But then again, my exposure to Kang is rather limited, and as you say he has lots of toys. And Karma has always been a favorite, I always thought her psionic arrows were a unique twist to her powers. Then again, I've seen her portrayed a lot of different ways too.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: Prodigy Duck 3e Builds (Kale, Kang, Karma)

Post by prodigyduck » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:09 am

JoshuaDunlow wrote:I have to say, I love the Kale build. She earned a place in my heart, when I was still reading comics. She teamed up with Ghost Rider, and the Man Thing, to deal with a threat by Fu Mang shu (the dragon of the moon?). I think that's what it was. Now Kang's PL is surprising, I'd imagine he would have been a little higher. Considering his run in's with the Avengers. But then again, my exposure to Kang is rather limited, and as you say he has lots of toys. And Karma has always been a favorite, I always thought her psionic arrows were a unique twist to her powers. Then again, I've seen her portrayed a lot of different ways too.
The psi-arrows with Karma... neat, but not so much in this instance. I am currently going withe her basic powers for my campaign.

I'm a big fan of Kale too. Honestly, though, I have never read any comics she has been in. But reading about her in the OHOTMU was insteresting. She has one of the more fascinating backgrounds for a spellcaster in Marvel that I have come across. She holds a lot of potential. Plus that fact that she is a girl in that outfit, fightin unknowable, unspeakable things... yeah! My mind goes there.

Speaking of unknowable, unspeakable things...

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: Prodigy Duck 3e Builds (The Centre)

Post by prodigyduck » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:12 am

CENTRE, THE (PL 20)
Shub-Niggurath (“The Black Goat of the Woods with a Thousand Young”)
Base of Operations: Earth
Affiliation: The Old Ones
Height: Several Miles in Diameter; Weight: Unknown

Strength 24, Stamina 25, Agility 0, Dexterity 4
Fighting 16, Intellect 7, Awareness 5, Presence -2

POWERS
Awesome Size:
Growth 20 (Innate, Permanent; -10 active defenses included) – 41 points
Destruction Ray: Cylinder Area Damage 20 (Area 9 [1 mile cylinder]) – 200 points
Immortal: Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects), Impervious Toughness 25 – 55 points
Insanity: Perception Ranged Affliction 5 (Dazed / Compelled / Transformed [into insane worshipper of the Centre]; Resisted by Will; Cumulative, Limited to those who have been mentally contacted by the Centre, Progressive) – 25 points
Spawn of the Island: Summon 20 (Active, Controlled, Heroic, Horde, Mental Link, Multiple Minions 20, Variable Type [dinosaurs]) – 961 points
Telepathy: Mental Communication 4 (Subtle), Comprehend 4 (Languages) – 25 points
Tentacles: Elongation 8 (Limited to Extra Limbs), Extra Limb 20 – 24 points
The Centre Sees All: Remote Sensing 20 (Auditory, Mental, Visual; Limited [physical body is defenseless]); Senses 16 (Vision [counters all concealment, counters illusion, extended 5, penetrates concealment]) – 76 points
Thrusters: Flight 4 (30 mph) – 8 points

ADVANTAGES
Eidetic Memory

SKILLS
Perception 6 (+11)

OFFENSE
Initiative
+0
Destructive Ray Area (Close, Damage 20)
Insanity Perception (Ranged, Affliction 5)
Unarmed +16 (Close, Damage 24)

DEFENSE
Dodge
-8, Parry 8, Toughness 25 (Impervious 25)
Fortitude 27, Will 11

POWER POINTS
Abilities 81 + Advantages 1 + Defenses 12 + Powers 1,382 + Skills 3 = 1,479 Total

COMPLICATIONS
Motivation:
The Centre appears to want to destroy all life that is not itself. It prompts those who worship it to kill others and, eventually, themselves.
Prejudice: The Centre appears to be an island. In fact, it is a vast unknowable, indescribable entity of evil and malevolence.

:idea: So, I was watching "Justice League: New Frontier," and thinking about The Centre, when it dawned on me. I had always known The Centre was an Old one (ala the Cthulu Mythos), but I just came to me that it was one that already existed: Shub-Niggurath! It followed all the traditional Mythos traits: it came from space millenia ago, it was buried in the bowels of the Earth, slowly making its way to the surface, it's presence drives people insane, etc.

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Prodigy Duck 3e Builds (Kale, Kang, Karma, Centre)

Post by Jabroniville » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:29 am

The Psi-Arrows were Moonstar's, not Karma's- Karma generally only got stuck with the "I possess people" gimmick, which is why most writers never used her- the power is so all-or-nothing that it kind of ruins the drama of fights. Plus nobody (even her creator, Chris Claremont) ever really seemed to get a handle on her.