World of Freedom: FC Setting Builds....

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: World of Freedom: New York & Detroit plus some locals

Post by Tattooedman » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:49 am

Arkrite wrote:A monkey/spider/human hybrid?
I'm going to have nightmares for weeks.
The funny thing is that Tangleweb started off very different than how he ended up. This version came about thanks to Sketchpad Studio's Acts of Villainy line and when I first saw Tangleweb there I knew he was a better fit than what I'd first come up with.

And so began the massvie edits to his background. But thanks, I was shooting for a way creepy vibe with him. Sounds like I hit the target. :twisted:

Kreuzritter wrote:you're welcome to use my own Bay city ideas when you get there
Thanks Kreuz, I appreciate the offer but I know what I want to do with my take on Bay City. It's just a matter of sitting down and getting it all written down and checked against older posts where bits and pieces have already been mentioned.
Horsenhero wrote:Well, way back in my college age years, I had some friends who played a group of heroes from a small, mid-western city. Unfortunately, at this point I can only remember two members of the mighty...Des Moines Defenders!

The pair I remember are Vomit and Explodo the Clown. They were pure awesome...in a "Mystery Men" sort of way.
I'm suddenly having flashbacks to some of my earlier gaming groups (me the comic nerd, my buddy who'd tell me what he wanted & I'd help him build it, my other buddy the action movie nut and his girlfriend the vampire loving, goth chick - yeah it made for some oddball groups to say the least. Looking back I almost feel sorry for our old GM, almost)....I miss those days sometimes.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Bay City

Post by Tattooedman » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:16 am

Bay City:

Bay City is a unique place, made up of San Francisco, Oakland and the Peninsula following the Proprietor War, an event that left all three place in shambles comparable to the destruction that happened in Freedom City following the last Terminus Invasion.

The Proprietor was a man that wielded immeasurable powers which he demonstrated during his first appearance when he forced a new island to arise from the middle of the San Francisco Bay, declaring it the capital of his new empire. The Proprietor then went about choosing people to act as his army, each of them granted powers (as well as making them completely loyal to the Proprietor) so they could carry out his plans, which were opposed by the original Champions over the course of several days. It all came to a head almost a week later on the Proprietor’s island where the would-be conqueror attempted to use the device he’d created (using items stolen by his minions in the previous days) that would unleash an large scale mind controlling effect that would have covered the United States. The Champions tried to contain the effect to the Proprietor’s island and for the most part they succeeded, the Proprietor’s island was destroyed in the device’s final release of energy, but despite the Champions’ efforts the energy wave still reached the surrounding provinces and utterly decimated them as well as completely destroying the Proprietor's island and everyone that had been on it - the Champions, the Proprietor and his minions.

In the aftermath the local government bodies of San Francisco, Oakland and the Peninsula combine into what became known as the Bay Area Emergency Relief Council (more commonly known nowadays simply as the Council), in an effort to better coordinate disaster relief and Federal emergency funds. Which worked just as they’d hope as the Federal Government, who was all to eager to only have to deal with a single political entity, handed out funds that allowed the Council, working with the Sentinels, the Freedom League and several unaligned heroes worked to rebuild what had been lost. But not just back to what it had been but into something better - something that was called Bay City, a combination of all three districts into one larger city. During the rebuilding efforts several organizations, SHADOW, VIPER, and organized crime leapt at the opportunity to sneak their operations into the budding infrastructure of the rebuilding city and the chaos was simply just too tempting for many metman criminals who seek opportunity in such situations which led to a sudden boom in meta-crimes that several heroes came forward to fight for the newly made city.

Notable Heroes:

Crusader: Michael Livingstone is the reincarnation of an Knight from the time of King Arthur, Sir Michael of Livingstone, who traveled the land on a quest to rid the land of the creations of the corrupt sorcerer known as the Alchemist. He was armed with only Hasufring, a blessed and supposedly magical broadsword and an unshakeable will despite the horrors created by the Alchemist to stop him. Unfortunately Sir Michael never managed to bring an end to the Alchemist and his spirit never moved on but instead returned to life repeatedly. The first time the spirit of Sir Michael fully awoke was during World War II, where he reclaimed Hasufring and resumed his quest to track down the Alchemist (who Sir Michael thought had somehow become immortal and was continuing his evil works) and as a result the “first” Crusader is well known for his liberation of several of the death camps run by the Nazis as he searched for his foe before mysteriously disappearing, many people believe that Crusader was killed behind enemy lines and his sword lost, and it is a subject that Crusader has refused to comment on when pressed by reporters. Exactly when Michael Livingstone recalled his past life isn’t known but there is a chance that the explosive end to the Proprietor War is the cause as it was only a few months later that Crusader made his first public appearance, with Hasufring in hand as he dealt with Pulsar. Crusader makes use of modern technology as well as relying on his medieval skills; he’s a skilled detective and has fashioned a high-tech piece of headgear that enhances his vision as well as his “shield gauntlets” which can either be used to block in melee or fired at range as needed.

Hunter: Jason Wilde IV, better known as Jase to his friends, is a student at Bay City University working on a degree in electronics and chemistry. He is also the third member of his family to take on the mantle of the Hunter, handed down from his grandfather (Jason Wilde II) to his father (Jason Wilde III). He is constantly upgrading the gear he carries with him through a combination of his own creations and items he sees being developed at his father’s company, Odyssey Research Incorporated (O.R.I). While many of the other heroes of Bay City are dealing with the likes of the Masters of Fortune, Pulsar, Grond, Principia, Orge, VIPER and Dragon Branch, the Hunter prefers to focus his attention on the Scarlatti Family and has been doing a respectable amount of damage to their operation so far despite being relatively new to being a super hero.

Gatekeeper: The main mystical protector of Bay City, Gatekeeper has been fairly busy here lately. Between keeping tabs on what’s coming in and out of the Pit (a physical gateway that is connected to the Shattenwelt) in Golden Gate Park, dealing with the people who want to eliminate him from the list of possible candidates to take over as Master Mage when Eldrich is gone, as well as trying to keep his private life from seeming like something that belonged in a monastery he’s got his hands full.

The Commander & Jetstream: A husband and wife team of heroes who were inactive for several years after the birth of their child and have recently returned to the public eye. The Commander is one of the strongest metahumans known as well as being invulnerable to most known forms of injury, while Jetstream is able to fly at supersonic speeds in addition to being an impressive hand-to-hand combatant. In their non-powered identities of Steven and Josie Stronghold, the pair operate a successful real estate brokerage in Bay City. Their son, Will, recently began attending the Arcadian Academy.

The Marksman: Donald Henderson’s experiences in the military left him with a taste for adventure and the skills to find it, his family’s fortune funded his endeavor as he developed the identity of the Marskman among the underworld of San Francisco. One of the founding members of the original Champions he survived the Proprietor War only because he’d been badly injured just the day before trying to stop the Proprietor’s people from robbing O.R.I. of technology the Proprietor deemed needed for his plans. Despite his protests that his healing factor would have him up and ready his teammates left him behind for his own good and met their fate. It’s haunted the Marksman in the years since and he’s mostly retired, though he does hold reserve status with the new Champions and has been periodically seen active in Bay City. Currently he does more nowadays as Donald Henderson; supporting various charities as well as hosting and/or attending various events to better the lives of the people that now live in Bay City.

Rush: Gerald Spence has the difficult job of balancing a career as a District Attorney with the life of a super hero, sometimes wonders why he only has a few minutes a day to spend with his fiancée. His mutant powers of hyper reflexes allow him to move at superhuman speeds that allow him to defy gravity, create vacuums by running in circles, yank a gun from a person’s hand before they have a chance to pull the trigger and even run across water like a skipping rock. But Gerald keeps the fact he’s a mutant a secret from the press for fear his mother might finally discover his dual identity and he’d never want to hurt her.

The New Champions: Unlike the Sentinels or the Freedom League, the original Champions didn’t have a previous incarnation as a group of WWII mystery men. Nor was it subsequently reformed in the 1960s. Indeed, the first heroes to come together in San Francisco in the summer of 1980, seven local heroes, Gauntlet (a retired Marine who found a Preserver artifact, a high tech piece of armor that attached to his right arm, and used it’s energy manipulating powers to be a hero), Jaguar (a werejaguar, secretly one of the Children of the Moon), Kinetik (a manipulator of kinetic energy that manifested it like a speedster), the Marksman (an marital artist/weapons master who used his family fortune to fund not only his own career but to support the team), Obsidian (an alien prince with standard brick abilities from a long dead empire seeking to find his place in the strange world he found himself in), Sapphire (an ex-teen pop star who developed energy projecting powers and flight), and Witchcraft (a sorceress of respectible skill), came together to face the first threat of the creature Grond, afterwards the heroes were able to pool their efforts and resources together to track down exactly who had set the beast loose upon the city – VIPER, and then dealt them a telling blow by capturing one of their local nests in the city. Realizing the good they could do as a team the seven of them agreed to continue working together and from that point on the Champions were here to stay. They dealt with many odd and strange foes with all manner of intensions and plans to take over the world, but the Champions always managed to come out on top somehow despite old members leaving, new members joining and such over the course of their existence.

That came to an end when the Proprietor came to San Francisco. He was a power unlike anything the Champions had faced, so much so that they called upon all their reserves and even then it was barely enough. However, despite all the challenges and hardships they faced, the Champions managed to defeat the Proprietor from setting off a series of events that would have affected all of the continental United States, Canada and a good part of Mexico.

Unfortunately it required the Champions lay down their own lives, something each and every one of them did without hesitation. A testament to the kinds of heroes they were but still it wasn’t enough to save San Francisco as the energies the Proprietor attempted to unleash was merely focused on the surrounding area – levelling San Francisco, Oakland and the Peninsula. In the aftermath all three were rebuilt as a new kind of metropolis, called Bay City and virtually every major super hero in the United States lent a hand in its construction helping it to be completely done in just under two years.

A couple of years later Quantum, one of the many newer heroes that came to Bay City, saw that there was a need for a local team of heroes and reached out to the lone survivor of the Champions, the Marksman, and spoke to the older hero at length about what she was looking to do. After securing his backing Jo went about selecting possible members, which didn’t take too long given that many new heroes had come to Bay City since its founding and thanks to support from local millionaire businessman, Donald Henderson, Treasure Island was rebuilt from the ground up. When public opinion turned on the newly formed team the Marksman made his first public appearance since the end of the Proprietor War and announced that he completely supported the new Champions.

Behemoth: The loud and brash member of the New Champions, Behemoth very much enjoys the life of a super hero. He just wishes he could transform out of his monstrous form to have a little down time periodically, as he’s always keeping an eye out for any signs he’s giving up too much control to his inner demon during a fight (as it’s that spirit that is responsible for his powers and it tries to subtly take control during Ryan’s weaker moments). He’s managed to retain his teaching position at Bay City College, but is often “in the field” and doesn’t have to deal with students that much. What none of Behemoth’s teammates realize is that he’s been in a relationship with the metaman criminal Principia, he’s trying to get her to try and work out a deal with AEGIS but so far she’s just not that interested in going there, preferring to enjoy her time with Behemoth.

Defender: College student Glen Harmon, together with his friends, got their hands on various parts of a set of alien power armor that they repaired and modified to work for a human pilot, adding several of their own unique creations for it as well. Thanks to the sub-space radio (that must be of alien design) Glen stays in contact with his friends (who have named themselves Team Defender) and acts as the technological genius for the Champions. Defender is a little prone to jumping the gun and diving into trouble head first without thinking of the consequences of his actions but his heart is in the right place.

Seeker: The end result of a VIPER experiment to create better troops, Adam escaped their island laboratory and traveled abroad for several years, learning martial arts from a traveling master he encountered. After coming to America it didn’t take Adam long to realize that someone needed to stand up for the everyday people as he saw VIPER troops and instantly recognized their connection to his old home and new they were up to nothing good. He’s a quiet man, preferring to let his actions speak for him but when Seeker does speak he’s to the point and speaks his mind. He also has an impressive understanding of chemistry and genetics thanks to his being raised by the scientists who created him and has published a few papers that have been well received in the scientific community.

Quantum: Joanne “Jo” Amos grew up in a family that had a tradition of public service as members of the police and while she was proud of that tradition she wanted more and pushed herself in school and athletics to earn herself a ticket into AEGIS. When her powers activated during a field mission (during which her team had been pinned down by members of Overthrow) she managed to save both her men while taking a few injuries of her own and managed to keep her emergence a secret. Once Jo had recovered from her injuries she turned in her resignation knowing that her superiors would never allow her to operate as a costumed hero while she was part of AEGIS, they would want her to be part of the Reserve (AEGIS’ team of metamen) but she had a history with established member Minotaur and knew it would affect both of them in the field. Instead she went solo, gaining a private investigators license and opened up an office in Bay City while patrolling the streets as Quantum. The formation of the new Champions was her idea and it was thanks to her tireless work that the members were brought together.

Zenith: Shannon Havelock grew up dedicated to learning magic and how there was supposed to be a balance to all things but when she was given her final test she became disgusted with the 7th Circle of the Lodge (it’s leaders) and choose to go solo. After working with Gatekeeper for over a year Zenith developed a reputation as a knowledgeable spell caster that could be counted on when the chips were down. She’s just starting to come out of her shell (due to her semi-sheltered early life with the Lodge) and can often be found among the people of the city, enjoying the ecliptic mix of Bay City’s inhabitants.

Notable Villains:

Black Diamond: Danny Nash is just a young adult rebelling against his overly controlling father, Harrison Nash, and his corruption as he sought to make his company, Nash Teletronics a world-wide company. When the FBI brought formal charges against both Harrison and the family company their stock bottomed out and it was only through a shrewd legal defense that Harrison stayed out of jail and kept his company.

Danny had turned his back entirely on his family and pursued his dream – being a professional snowboarder, funding himself off his life savings and even though he wasn’t fairing as good as he’d first thought he would Danny was happy. Until Harrison cut off his funds, demanding Danny return to Nash Teletronics to help rebuild it to it’s former glory as a electronics designer. His first project was a coolant suit for use by firefighters that Danny saw potential in, just not for it’s intended use but as a means to his taking revenge on his father. Quickly designing and building a hoverboard as well as making several modifications to the coolant suit so that it had some offensive capabilities and embarked on his first crime spree as Black Diamond. In the years since Danny has managed to keep his freedom while striking out periodically at Nash Teletronics and others he feels are in need of learning a lesson of humility, while he pads his wallet of course.

Interface: Rutger Eisenmann was a mercenary who was utterly loyal to his current client of the moment, he would follow their instructions to the letter without question or hesitation. This made him a solid reputation that brought him to the attention of Fabricators Inc., who were looking to add a few more operatives to their operation. Rutger liked having a regular paycheck and the work was a lot safer in general, that was until the Foundry decided they’d try and thin out their competition a bit and began a series of attacks on various hidden labs of Fabricators Inc. and the lab Rutger guarded was on the top of their list to raid. In the following firefight Rutger suffered several serious injuries protecting both scientists and projects before the Foundry’s forces were finally stopped. Fabricators’ scientists felt they owed Rutger for his efforts in their defense and they subjected him to a newly designed cyborg conversion process which saved his life, for which Rutger was obviously grateful for even though he no longer looked human. For several more years he continued to work for Fabricators Inc., calling himself Interface and fighting various heroes that came calling upon the company for their selling of high tech items to the underworld until he could no longer deny he wanted more for himself. Rutger wanted to return to the kind of ‘man of action’ he’d been years ago but realized that put him at cross purposes with his employer. In the end he worked out a deal with Fabricators so that they’d continue to provide him with the maintenance he required for his body to work properly and he would steer potential clients towards them as payment as well as use them to supply his technological needs (at a discount in regards to his long standing history with them of course). Since that time Interface has go on to become a power in the underworld in his own right. Hungry for power and glory, he hopes to one day take over the entire world but for now the city of Arcadia will do as a first step.

Junkpile: Thought to be an Urban Elemental, similar to Doctor Metropolis, Junkpile simply appeared after the Proprietor War lashing out at anyone who angers it. A shambling mound of urban trash (old tires, cinder blocks, pop cans, broken glass, broken up bits of blacktop and concrete) it has not ever spoken (aside from angry bellowings) and seems to have a child-like mind, seeking acceptance from others and often finding only fear and those who try to manipulate it for their own ends. Some scientists think that Junkpile is more like the criminal Hiroshima Shadow in that it was created from all the pain and death caused by the destructive end of the Proprietor War. Doctor Metropolis has fought Junkpile on a few occasions, but he often times merely tries to moderate Junkpile’s damage while trying to calm it down and communicate with it. So far he has made little headway.

Principia: Margaret Trevail kept the development of her powers over gravity a secret from everyone that was close to her (not that there were really that many people to begin with). For the most part she did it to avoid becoming involved in what she saw as the wasteful life of super heroes and villains, wanting to focus on her scientific career instead. But when her employers at Panstar stole part of her research to use in some of their illegal activities Margaret knew she couldn’t let it slide. Creating the identity of Principia she set out to take her revenge on Panstar, waging a one-woman war on them for over a year using inside information she gathered during her usual work hours. Finally Panstar offered her a payoff to leave them alone (only after the five metaman mercenaries they’d sent after her got sent to the hospital, courtesy of Principia). But then a strange thing happened – Margaret found she’d come to like the thrills of wearing a mask and doing as she deemed and soon she found herself committing more of the usual crimes a super villain would do. A recent development is a budding romance with Behemoth of the Champions, and while they both feel a strong attraction to one another and are carefully negotiating their way through their feelings Principia still commits crimes despite Behemoth's attempts to get her to change her ways.

Pulsar: For some reason Pulsar loves working in Bay City. Maybe it’s the ease with which he can find work, maybe he just likes the weather, it’s hard to say why he does anything really but he’s regularly seen somewhere in Bay City what seems like almost every other week trying to pull off some crime. It’s got the point that most of Bay City’s local heroes have a “This one time I was fighting Pulsar…..” story.

The Masters of Fortune: A long running team of criminals whose membership includes over twenty metamen since it’s founding in the 1970s by the Black Paladin, many members chaffed under his kind leadership (the man has a solid understanding of tactics and combat, but actual leadership is beyond him) and they would leave the group simply because they tired of his egomania. After the Proprietor War, former member Cateran brought together a new version of the Masters and to date they have been more successful than their predecessors were (a fact several members of law enforcement attribute to Cateran's style of leadership compaired to the Black Paladin's).

Cateran: Heather McGowrie simply hadn’t been born in the right time. She wanted to do as the men of her clan did but despite growing up tall and strong (stronger than many men of her clan in fact) she was forced into the role of a woman in the year of 1644. It wasn’t until she finally ran off one night and soon found herself a part of a band of highwaymen that Heather truly felt alive and for several years she lived the life of a thief until she noticed that she’d not aged a day past her twentieth birthday while her fellow thieves were now old men. Realizing that there was more to her than others, Heather choose to travel the world and did her level best to enjoy herself for the following two centuries. It wasn’t until the 1970s that Heather return to her former profession of thievery, when the Black Paladin made his return to the world. The corrupt knight impressed Heather and she crafted the identity of Cateran and sought the Black Paladin out to join him in his freebooting ways, forming the base for the original Masters of Fortune. For several years she was connected the Masters in some way, shape or form until the Black Paladin just disappeared, then she was forced to take control of the group. Unwillingly at first but she soon came to enjoy leading a new group of thieves and redeveloped her leadership traits to the point that the Masters of Fortune were considered among the best thieves active in their time. Following the Proprietor War, during which almost all the other members of the Masters were either killed or injured so badly they retired, Heather almost walked away from her life but following a fight with Crusader realized that she loved her criminal lifestyle too much and rededicated herself to her cause – going out and recruiting new members for the Masters of Fortune, members chosen by her, to suit her wants and goals for the group. That’s how Hummingbird, Whitestar, Crimson the Archer, and Tungarak were brought together and now as the new Masters of Fortune they’re building a reputation that has already put their predecessor’s to shame.

Crimson the Archer: A former South American assassin that retired and moved to America to enjoy the fruits of his labor after becoming tired of how easy his job had become. Richard Atwood (whose real name is actually Ricardo Smith) instead discovered that he’d unwittingly bought the hidden base of dead criminal marksman the Crimson Archer. When Cateran showed up to collect some things from her former teammate’s hidden lair she found Atwood expertly using the equipment and offered him a place in the rebooted Masters she was putting together. Atwood, sensing a challenge finally worthy of his skill, agreed and hasn’t yet regretted his choice. Though he had to update the name and look of the legacy he’d taken on, now Crimson the Archer proves just how deadly his aim is every time the Masters of Fortune pull a crime.

Hummingbird: Melissa Saunders was very surprised to learn she was a mutant when she woke up one morning shrunken down to only an inch tall. What surprised her more is that she could fly while shrunk, a pair of powers that the young girl quickly put to use in trying to get some of the finer things in life for herself. During one attempted robbery Melissa learned about some of her other powers – like her ability to plant a hypnotic suggestion in the minds of others simply by telling them what she wanted them to do. From there Melissa made sure she never wanted for anything and began her career as a thief for hire. Cateran liked how Melissa was more interested in getting away with her score than anything else and feeling that the Masters needed more of that attitude tested the young girl heavily before offering her a spot on the team.

Tungarak: Paul Grissolm was the worst kind of archaeologist – the kind that took the treasures of the past and sold them to the highest bidder on the black market. All that changed when he found an strange turquoise and mesa stone artifact hidden in a secluded cavern deep within a pueblos of Arizona. After taking the artifact and returning home Paul found himself barely able to stay awake, so he stumbled into bed still holding the strange stone and had the worst night’s sleep in his life as he was wracked with intense pain and strange dreams about ox-headed demons. When he woke up Paul found that his body had been transformed into a parody of one of the many cave drawings he’d seen in Arizona – now sporting a head that looked like an ox skull while his entire body looked to be carved out of mesa rock. Having few other options Paul used his underworld connections to get hired on a few crews who were looking to knock over banks and with his newfound strength Paul could do that, literally. After hearing about Paul, Cateran wasted no time in reaching out to the newly empowered crook and offered him a place in the rebooting of the Masters of Fortune she was implementing. What sold Paul was a combination of Cateran’s good looks as well as the promise that she’d try to help him find a way to regain his old body.

Whitestar: Arthur Kosigian was a member of high society who had become bored with his life and managed to fall in with the really wrong crowd, as in one of the lesser cults that support the Brimstone House. He quickly rose up the ranks to the point that he was allowed to help perform rituals and when his time came Arthur spoke his word with confidence and authority.

To bad the man that followed him didn’t.

The demon the cult had been working to summon went on a rampage, gravely injuring several of the cultists before being returned to it’s home dimension. Among those injured was Arthur, the demon’s Hellfire having burnt his spirit to the point he’d went into a coma. The other cultists placed a rune covered pendant around his neck and dumped him at a nearby hospital where Arthur finally woke days later. Angered by the abandonment Arthur tore the pendant off only to interrupt its purification spell that was supposed to remove the demonic taint he’d been afflicted with, so instead of being cleansed Arthur found himself in possession of super powers which he used to first escape the hospital, then a few weeks later go on a crime spree of robbery and violence that made headlines across the state. And it was those headlines that caught Cateran’s eye and realizing that her new Masters of Fortune needed someone with a willingness to use their powers aggressively sought out Whitestar (as Arthur had named himself), and he accepted as he’d begun to have to deal with superheroes and saw the benefits of being part of a team. Unfortunately what Cateran hadn’t realized is that Whitestar is just as bloodthirsty as Crimson the Archer is.

Scarlatti Family: One of the few remaining members of Cosa Nostra, the Italian Mob, Leo Scarlatti and his people and are responsible for much of the ‘common crime’ that happens in Bay City; smuggling, protection rackets, loan sharking, bid rigging, as well as robbery (through their non-mafiosi members).
Last edited by Tattooedman on Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Vampires

Post by Tattooedman » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:32 am

Vampires:

Nobody can really say just how long these creatures have been in existence, nor how they came to be exactly. Even the oldest among their number, which is supposedly just shy of a thousand years old, don’t even know the origin of the species.

None the less Vampire exist and they feed on humans to survive. But they do not all feed in the same manner though, there are significant differences in what each consume as well as what they are vulnerable too and it is those differences that separates and divides Vampires amongst themselves. Over the centuries the Vampire nation has divided itself into three “courts”; White, Red and Black.

The White Court:
The most human-like of the Vampires, the White Court are more similar to succubi (in that they feed off of a victim’s emotions and life force) than traditional vampires. Another fact that further separates the members of the White Court from the others is the fact that they are born instead of being turned or created (typically having a Vampire father and a human mother, though the reverse can work just as well); for all intents and purposes they are human until their vampirism manifests sometime around their early to mid teenage years.

Also unlike the Red Court or Black Court, the White Court are further divided into different Houses within itself, but this is more due to family bonds and a certain preference for what kind of emotions to feed on; House Malvora prefers to feed on fear (strong fear such as that of being in a potentially deadly situation) while House Raith feeds on lust, and House Skavis feeds off despair (preferring to drive a victim into the depths of depression, which in many cases results in driving the victim to suicide).

The members of the White Court is not as physically strong as the members of the Red or Black Courts under normal circumstances; usually, their physical performance levels (standing jump heights, endurance and so on) are slightly better than those an ordinary human of equivalent size and health, but they can channel unused emotional energy as fuel for performance boosts of limited duration. On the other hand, they make up for it by having few vulnerabilities when compared to the other Courts. Sunlight and symbols of faith do not harm them at all. Their power derives from an internal demonic essence they call the "Hunger" which acts like a battery. If they refrain from feeding for too long, the "Hunger" drives them into a frenzy where they must feed (likely to kill their victims), and can drive them permanently insane. When needed, they tap this store of energy to augment their strength, speed, resilience, and healing ability far beyond normal; while doing this, they radiate a feeling of cold (possibly an illusory reaction of normal humans to their energy sink), their skin whitens, and their eyes turn an unnatural silver. White Court vampire blood is pinkish instead of red and has a euphoric effect if ingested.

The largest weakness the members of the White Court have is that of true love: specifically people who are, or have recently been, in honest or real, affectionate and sacrificial love. Something about the chemicals released in the human brain when a person experiences those kinds of intense feelings make them highly resistant to the control a member of the White Court could exert over them, and can even physically burn and blister vampire’s skin if physical contact is made.

Unlike the other courts, the White Court vampires prefer to avoid direct confrontation. They are a court of schemers who prefer to stab each other in the back in exquisitely detailed plots to impress the other members of their Court, to the extent that direct confrontation is looked down upon as socially damaging.

Members of Note: Daniel Raith, Danica Raith, Arcan Skavis, Sabine Skavis, Jarko Malvora, Marcus Malvora.

The Red Court:
The Red Court of Vampires are the least human-like among the Courts, appearing sickly and weak almost and have several unique features to their appearance; most of the veins in the their body show through their pale rubber-like skin. All members of the Red Court have a slit at their chin that runs down to the base of their neck (which allows their second mouth to open). They also have sharper teeth as well as longer, sharp nails used to rip their prey to pieces. It is also noted at members of the Red Court are often bald and have light colored, predatory eyes. A Red Court Vampire can temporarily, generally a few hours at most, alter their appearance as to look like a human (altering their skin color and hiding their chin slit and nails) so they can hunt. However it is something they must be able to focus to do, so for example engaging in a fight or draining a person of blood will cause the Red Court vampire to return to their usual appearance instantly.

The Red Court is vulnerable to sunlight and to having their bellies cut open, which can spill the blood they have drunk and eventually kill them. Their saliva contains a potent narcotic which gives their prey a euphoric feeling and is highly addictive, allowing the Red Court to control their victims rather easily. The narcotic lowers the victim's inhibitions while dulling the pain of the vampire's bite. Addicted humans have been shown to go to great lengths to protect their vampiric masters, and willingly provide information from the mortal community as needed.

Red Court vampires are violent feral creatures that are very capable fighters and can best vampires of the other Courts in a fight. Their strength, speed, durability, regenerative factor, and ferocity is well above that of the other courts. An example of their durability and regeneration is their ability to be shot, or seriously wounded and still will fight as if they were at full power. Another ability of the Red Court is the spider like ability to walk and stick to walls. The Red Court also have a unique second mouth, hidden where the jaw is supposed to be, which opens to about the width of a human head. There are various muscles that have developed to produce a stronger bite and they have no mandible bone, instead it is their bodies version of cartilage. The members of the Red Court also produces a neurotoxin that paralyzes their victim while they feed while their tongues are tentacle like and it is what actually caries the virus that can turn humans into a Red Court vampire. The act of transforming ordinary humans into vampires in a two-step process: the human is first infected with the vampiric thirst for blood (gaining supernatural speed, strength and endurance in the process) and then completes the change into the demonic form upon killing a human victim in their first feeding. Their hunger for blood makes controlling their emotions very difficult, and when in a situation where emotions run high (such as during a fight or when engaged in physical intimacy), it is much easier for them to lose control. Red Court vampires have an extreme weakness to the sunlight which burns them worse as well as faster than any of the other Courts. Another weakness is that they must feed every few hours otherwise their body's metabolism will start feeding on itself, slowly killing them.

The Red Court is highly organized in a feudalistic system with a King at the top, followed by Dukes, Barons and other ranks (including the proper female rankings as well). For several decades now the Red Court has been at war with the Lodge, a group of mages that seek to protect mankind from the supernatural and prevent the abuse of magic, as a result of a skirmish that happened in the 1960s between an agent of the Lodge and a Dutchess of the Court, so far the war is at a stalemate (mostly due to the Lodge’s excellent methods of information gathering) but the paranormal rumor mill has been churning lately about the Red Court having a big ritual being prepped for in South America.

Of course the Lodge is very interested in confirming this and has already dispatched a few of their best mages to investigate the goings on down in that part of the world.

Members of Note: Jared Nomak, Reinhardt, Verlaine Karkov, Rusk, Nyssa Demaskinos.

The Black Court:
The Black Court comprises the most well-known kind of vampire, the reanimated bloodthirsty corpses popularized by Bram Stroker’s Dracula. In fact the publication of that book, done thanks in part to the secret backing of the Lodge, is believed to be the primary cause of the Black Court's downfall, as Stoker supposedly published the book as a "how-to" manual to hunt the members of the Black Court.

Black Court vampires feed on humans in order to replenish the haemoglobin in their bodies, which they are unable to produce on their own once they have been transformed. Black Court vampires are also much stronger and faster than humans, displaying impressive physical strength to jump: able to leap great distances, deliver blows that can knock a full grown man across a room and bursts of speed that let side-step bullets. They possess impressive physical resilience, shrugging off injuries that would kill a normal human, with the wound only slowing them down. Injuries they receive are recovered quickly, taking less time than it would for humans to heal a similar wound or even regenerating lost body parts, but normally they speed up the process by the consuming blood.

Despite their impressive physical abilities the members of the Black Court suffer from many drawbacks: they are severely allergic to silver (injuries from silver heal extremely slow (like a human by comparison)), sunlight (which will incinerate them within a few minutes time, thus with their bursts of speed they can seek shelter), and garlic (ingestion/highly concentrated skin exposure leaves them suffering from something similar to septic shock). However they can temporarily suppress their weakness to UV rays by wearing sunblock.

Currently the Black Court is the smallest and (politically) weakest of all the Courts, although those few who survived the purges caused by Stoker's book are among the strongest and most cunning monsters in the world by virtue of sheer Darwinian necessity. Some of the members of the Black Court have demonstrated the ability to use magic in the same way that human spell castors do, and rumors persist that a rare number of those do not even need to gesture or speak component words to do so. Black Court Vampires also possess the ability to mentally influence humans to be passive and submissive towards them, making them what is called a thrall as well as cultivate "Renfields" (another Stoker reference); these are thralls that have been mentally altered to the point of psychosis. A Renfield’s strength and resistance to pain and injury are greatly augmented and they fight in a berserker-like frenzy until put down like the rabid beasts they are. Until let loose by their controlling vampire, a Renfield will appear as a normal thrall in a trance-like state; however their true nature can be sensed by a simple spell.

Members of Note: Gitano Dragonetti, Deacon Frost, Quinn, Vanessa Webb.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Children of the Moon

Post by Tattooedman » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:46 am

Children Of The Moon:

For many, many years there have been legends about men and women who are able to transform themselves into either some kind of animal (be it wolf, bear, jaguar, tiger, to name a few examples) or a combination form of human/animal-like traits; from old folklore tales to modern movies and novels of all kinds. But like most legends there is a snippet of truth to them that few people realize – were creatures do walk among humanity, but not all of them have the desire to hunt down and eat people. In fact a surprising amount simply wishes to be left alone so they can live their lives, but there are those others who actually do enjoy the rush of hunting a person down to the death (but that mentality is very rare in these more modern times).

In the last twenty years, mostly because of various movies and books about such creatures, there are many misconceptions about were creatures. One of the biggest is that when a person bitten by a were creature they transform into one of them during the next full moon. The various were-races are a species and are very distinct from humans, and are only able to assume a human-like form, they do not reproduce by “infecting victims” but by sexual reproduction. Another myth is that a were creature can only transform during a full moon, or only at night. This is also incorrect; a were creature can transform at anytime he/she pleases. Werebeasts have become associated with night-time transformations most probably because they are nocturnal creatures who tend to prefer to roam (or hunt in older times) during the night and sleep during the daylight hours as well as for their worship of the Moon.

The were creatures refer to themselves as “the Children of the Moon”, or more simply as “the Children”. They have developed their own culture (they have their own language, called Ud’Naidon, as well as a written language that is reminiscent of early German and Old English in both forms), independent of humanity but their forefathers realized early on that the Children would have to exist beside humans to survive and thus over the centuries, the tribal leaders adapted the Children’s culture so that it wouldn’t conflict with that of the “Followers of the Sun” (as older generations of the Children call humans).

The Children possess the ability to assume one of three forms; a human-like form that allows them to blend into human society, their animal form (which is larger than the normal animal), and a hybrid form that blends traits of the other two forms (upright nature combined with animalistic senses and increased physicality to name a few). One thing that furthered the belief that were creatures were really infected humans is the fact that the Children revert to their human-like form upon death.

Wildlust:
A condition that sometimes affects members of the Children, the Wildlust is a feral state that causes them to truly become more beast than man. It can be caused by several factors; the two most prominent being insanity and living in total solitude in an uncivilized manner for several years.

If a were creature lives in complete solitude, lacking all or only having a few of the raiments of man, and staying in their animal form for the majority of the time, they may become infected by the Wildlust. The other way is a were creature succumbing to insanity, as the Wildlust could be viewed as a form of mental illness among the Children and there have been cases of urbanized members slowly losing their self control before finally being officially recognized as having Wildlust.

The effects of Wildlust causes the were creature to become more feral, less rational. They tend to slowly forget modern skills (such as driving, science and technology related) while favoring the more animal-like skills (stealth, survival, tracking, and land navigation). An afflicted were creature struggles to speak any non-animal language, using a broken style of speech as they struggle to think clearly enough to properly express themselves. Also creatures afflicted with Wildlust tend to prefer staying in their animal form most of the time, only assuming their hybrid form if they absolutely have to (such as to speak, as they cannot when in animal form). Normally any were creature that has developed Wildlust is killed, more as a protective measure for the other were creatures near by than anything else (though most were creatures suffering from Wildlust are predators of the highest order and are a threat to anyone as they will constantly hunt for food and do not care if they expose their fellow were creatures). The biggest concern when dealing with Wildlust is that part of it appeals to the instincts all the Children possess but in modern days must keep a tight reign on (as in the last fifteen years the number of Children who have succumbed to Wildlust have tripled) and there is no cure for it nor any kind of medicine that can regulate it.

The Tribes:
There are five main tribes of the Children, and every were creature is somehow a part of one of them in some manner. So not to repeat the same mistakes their ancestors made during what is known as the Blood Wars, the tribes have scattered themselves all over the globe, where they govern themselves for the most part (though they do have to answer to the Dona’Thair, but more on them later). In the current age all of the tribes have various were creatures counted among their number (in the olden days the tribes were mostly the same kind of animal but centuries of cross breeding with other tribes have diversified them, much like humanity).

The Borom: Active in what used to be considered Russia, the Borom have been, for the most part, destroyed during the Blood Wars. The Borom were peaceful and sought to secretly guide humanity (whom they thought of as a lost tribe who’d long ago forgotten they had other forms) but were targeted by the Zarathain Tribe during the Blood War (as they find the Borom’s ideas ridiculous at best, and blasphemy at worst). In fact it was the Zarathain’s final raid on the last major Borom stronghold, where they killed everyone – warriors, women and the children, that shocked many of the other tribes leaders as to what the Blood Wars were really costing the Children. The Borom were so few by that point that the tribe was considered lost and those few remaining members were eventually welcomed into other tribes based on friendships and alliances. And the loss of the Borom Tribe is considered one of the greatest sins of the Blood Wars.

Several Borom children were not killed however, merely lost during that final siege. In fact the metaman Ursa of the Winter Guard is one of those children, unaware of his true parentage as he’d been adopted by farmers and never told how he came to them. If any of the remaining former Borom’s were to learn of his connection to them, they would approach him carefully and slowly bring him into their tribe as well as begin efforts to locate the other lost children as to rebuild the Borom.

The Mogwa: Active in South America they are a reclusive people that prefer to live in the jungles and live in harmony with the local Indian tribes (who, for the most part, worship them as gods). The Mogwa are at peace with themselves as well as nature, valuing wisdom and strength (both of which are needed to survive there). The Mogwa will go to any length to save their ancestrial homes (they have lived in that region since the tribes first spaced themselves so far apart), though they are nomadic (they have a set route they follow every season) and have set up simple, but permanent shelters in certain locations.

Over the years many corporations and governments have turned their eyes upon the vast resources of South America and the Mogwa have been fortunate enough that their ancestors set up their routes so deep in the jungles, but now the Mogwa find themselves under assault on many fronts and the Mogwa missed several of the first efforts but now that they’ve become aware of them several of the Mogwa warriors have went as far as to volunteered to leave their sacred homes to take the battle to the concrete jungles of their enemies. For now the tribe’s elders have decided to wait and try a few other ideas they have first but if those do not work then they will strongly consider the idea.

The Raksasha: Active in India, they are the only tribe that has maintained the “purity of their forefathers” and are only comprised of weretigers (and yes they are responsible for the legends of the demons of the same name). The Raksasha have sought the power to rule and manipulate those that they see as weaker than themselves (in other words, everyone who isn’t them).

Raksasha value political power and wealth above all else and have been the real hands behind the rule, through puppet leaders, in many nations of the past. They are one of the least openly violent of all the tribes as the Raksasha prefer to destroy their enemies by assassinating them from the shadows or by financially ruining them. Over the centuries the Raksasha have amassed their power base and wealth, and they use it to live in a state of luxury that is unparalleled among the tribes.

The Stanno: There are many words that can be used to describe the members of the Stanno Tribe: unscrupulous, killer, and immoral. But when one gets right down to it there is one word that easily sums them up: Mercenaries. Before the Blood Wars that divided all of the Children to take up arms against one another, the Stanno possessed an innate talent and curiosity for technology. No one really could explain why but it did give them a benefit several times during the Blood Wars that allowed the Stanno to survive.

Based in the United States but active across the globe, the Stanno (who had been one of the largest tribes before the Blood Wars, but had been cut down to third by the time Dona’Thair were created by the treaties made at it’s end) were unwilling to give up their remaining warriors but understood that warring upon the other tribes was now punishable by death, took their skills elsewhere – specifically the human black market. There they found all manner of humans whose need for warriors were unlimited and they were all willing to pay handsomely for the properly skilled person. They have hidden bases all over the country where members can gather to share information and technology with one another as well as take rests between assignments. The Dona’Thair try to keep a close eye on this tribe but thanks to all their technological and mystical (they value any edge they can possess) know-how the enforcers of Tribal law often find themselves stymied nearly every turn.

The Zarathain: Perhaps one of the most feared tribes of all the Children, they are active in Europe and are responsible for most of the werewolf legends that are told in the various cultures there. The Zarathain have long enjoyed preying upon humanity and view the human race as little more than cattle to be hunted, killed and eaten at their leisure and despite tribal law and Dona’Thair enforcement of it this tribe still openly has hunts.

The Zarathain has moved into the modern times fairly well, meshing the new technologies of the present with the traditions of the past, making a dangerous adversary. Over 30% of the Italian-based Magia and other European crime syndicates are secretly influenced or controlled by this tribe, offering them a large amount of political and financial power (let’s not forget also that these crime organizations are only based in Europe, they are spread across the oceans to other countries).

The Wa’Lloe: The Wa’Lloe, meaning ‘wild eyes’ in Ud’Naidon, are the newest tribe to emerge in several centuries, but they are not recognized by any of the other tribes, as the Wa’Lloe are victims of Wildlust that have managed to maintain something of their former selves. They are still just as dangerous as any other victim of Wildlust but the Wa’Lloe seek to merely keep to themselves in the less settled regions of the United States or places within cities that most people never travel through (like sewers or old subway tunnel systems). They are led by a former mage of the Children who now goes by the name of Moonbite and he tries to only allow members that have managed to retain a level of self control in an effort to show that not all those afflicted with the Wildlust are savage monsters. The Dona’Thair do not recognize the Wa’Lloe and afford them no protection under the rules of the tribes and because of that most of the other tribes reject the Wa’Lloe outright but many members of the Stanno do remember when Moonbite was one of them and the many good deeds he did for them and often look the other way when they come across members of the Wa'Lloe.

The Dona’Thair: Easily the most deadly of all the tribes, the Dona’Thair serve no purpose except the defense of tribes and the administration of tribal justice. They were founded several thousands of years ago at the end of the Blood Wars and have been enforcing the Children’s laws ever since.

During the Blood Wars the various tribes waged open and violent wars of genocide upon one another and many tribes were hunted down to the point of extinction before the Patriarchs realized their mistake. In order to make sure such a thing would never happen again a new tribe was formed – the Dona’Thair (meaning the hands of justice in Ud’Naidon). Every tribe that survived the Blood Wars were to donate an equal amount of their hunters to the new tribe and then those elected hunters would choose from amongst themselves their leaders. The Dona’Thair were made the judges, jurys and if need be, the excutioners of the tribes. Each tribe must pay a tithe of their new born to the Dona’Thair at the first new moon of every century, and during that selected night those babies are taken to the Dona’Thair’s hidden sanctuaries where they are trained the laws of the Children, to consider the welfare of the tribes as a whole above any one tribe or individual (including themselves) and to kill without hesitation. After each deliverance of tribal justice a black rose is left at the site, letting all the other tribes know the killing was just. No other tribe would dare to leave a black rose at the site of a killing that was done for their own purposes, because they are too afraid of the consequences that would be forthcoming from the Dona’Thair.

Besides meting out tribal justice, the Dona’Thair also serve the role of protectors – they constantly work against those the enemies of the Children, be it external or internal. They wage an unending war on the undead (vampires specifically). The Dona’Thair live mostly among humanity, only revealing themselves when it becomes necessary that they fulfil their vows of justice or as protectors. None of the Dona’Thairs are told what tribe they came from (as to keep them from being biased) and are given new names upon their arrival at the training sanctuaries.

The Laws of the Tribes:
1) While skirmishes between tribes are allowed, all-out war is not. To do so only risks diminishing the ranks of the Children but also risks exposing the existence of the Children to the world at large.

2) No member of any tribe may consort with the undead. To do so is to accept the ancient foe into your heart and make yourself an enemy of the Tribes.

3) The killing of tribal children not yet of fighting age is forbidden, for that risks the future of the tribes.

4) Revealing the existence of the tribes to humans or putting any of the tribes in danger from outsiders through conscious act is forbidden. To do so risks exposing all the tribes which could possibly lead to their extinction.

5) Those who have come under the influence of the Wildlust must be killed.

6) The actions of the Dona’Thair are final, just and not to be questioned. The only punishment in tribal justice is death. The Dona’Thair do not enter into the laws of the individual tribes, leaving acts of self-government to the Primarchs. Only actions that affect the entire tribe(s) arouse the attention of the Dona’Thair.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

-- Chiun

Sidious
Superhero
Superhero

Re: World of Freedom: Bay City, Vampires & Werebeasts

Post by Sidious » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:45 am

The children of the moon.. seems very familiar to me... was something similar in an old copy of the Rifter?
Live fast. Love hard. Die with your mask on.

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:48 am

Sidious wrote:The children of the moon.. seems very familiar to me... was something similar in an old copy of the Rifter?
Yep. I thought it was an interesting take on werebeasts and had already referenced it in a couple builds so I figured I'd make use of them fully. That said I did leave a few things out that didn't really fit into this setting easily, so there are a few tribes missing and I didn't touch anything about their magic or artifacts.

-- Chiun

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Post by Gazman » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:43 pm

Tattooedman wrote: Lots of stuff about Bay City, Vampire, and the Children of the Moon
Cooool. I like how broad and deep your setting is. How much of that is original and how much of it is kit bashing? Either way, I think it's good stuff.

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:23 pm

Gazman wrote:Cooool. I like how broad and deep your setting is. How much of that is original and how much of it is kit bashing? Either way, I think it's good stuff.
First off, thanks for the compliment. I’m glad you like all of this I’ve done so far.

As for your question….

I’d have to say about three-quarters of the builds and ideas that I’ve got posted here are something I’ve “borrowed” or “found” either in another super hero RPG, a poster here on the ATT (who has said they don’t mind others using their ideas), various comic books, a few movies/tv shows, or it is from the core material of M&M. Which means only about a quarter of them are original ideas of mine.

Sometimes an character/idea gets a few little tweaks by me so that it better fits with what everything else I’ve got going on in the setting that might be tied to it somehow or it’s a flat-out re-writing from the first word that I cam up with on my own (the best example I have off the top of my head is Tangleweb. His background is totally different than what was actually presented in the PDF I bought). Other characters/ideas get repurposed based on an image I’ve found that I thought was a better fit for a character concept/idea. A good example of this is the Sinister Syndicate in my setting; they’re either from a super hero RPG or comic book, & many of them have different art attached to them that what normally would be used but the end result I thought was an interesting group of crooks that could challenge the PCs of most of my games going on in the Game Room.

-- Chiun

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Post by Thorpacolypse » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:35 pm

Ah, the Vampire Courts. Loves me some Dresden. Finally got Cold Days for my birthday and I am blowing through it as we speak. I have to literally force myself to put those books down to do anything but sit and read them until they are over.

I dig the Children of the Moon stuff as well.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:10 pm

Yeah, Cold Days is pretty awesome Thorp.

I got my copy for Christmas too but had to wait two days before I had the kind of time I wanted to read the book, but I finished it in two days total (this doesn’t count the 8 hours a day I’m required to go to work either).

But the Vampires in my setting aren’t based solely on the Dresden bloodsuckers. Nope I mixed in a bit of my other favorite vampires; the Blade Movie Vampires. Basically I made the Reapers the Red Court while the standard suck heads are the basis for the Black Court. The White Court are pretty much the same as they are in the Dresden books, just remove all mention of Dresden pretty much. I realize a lot of that gets lost in the description; I’ve been debating on adding pics to help show the other half of the inspiration.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Terrorsmith

Post by Tattooedman » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:06 pm

Terrorsmith:
PL:
Strength 8
Stamina 8
Agility 2
Dexterity 2
Fighting 4
Intellect 0
Awareness 2
Presence 2

Skills: Deception 10 (+12), Expertise [Computers] 6 (+6), Expertise [Criminal] 9 (+9), Expertise [Pop Culture] 6 (+6), Insight 8 (+10), Investigation 6 (+6), Intimidation 9 (+1), Perception 8 (+10), Persuasion 10 (+12), Stealth 9 (+11)

Advantages: Close Attack 4, Daze [Deception], Equipment, Fascinate [Deception], Fascinate [Persuasion], Improved Initiative 2, Inspire 4, Seize Initiative

Powers: Wildstruck Physiology:
Enhanced Strength 3 (Flaw: Limited [Lifting Only])
Enhanced Advantages 2 [Diehard, Great Endurance]
Feature 1 [Altered Anatomy]
Immunity 2 [Critical Hits]
Wildstruck Mind: Enhanced Will 4 (Flaw: Limited [only vs. Mental Effects])

Releasing The Monster Within: Summon 8 [Empowered Version Of Subject] (Extras: Controlled, General Type [monsters], Horde); (Feats: Multiple Minion x6 [64 total], Sacrifice); (Flaw: Limited [Available Subjects])

Offense: Initiative +10
Melee Attack +8
Ranged Attack +2

Defense: Dodge +12
Parry +12
Toughness +12*/+8 [*Armored Costume]
Fortitude +11
Will +11*/+7 [*Wildstruck Mind]

Equipment: Armored Costume [Protection 4; Subtle]

Costs: Abilities 56+ Skills 27+ Advantages 11+ Powers 50+ Defenses 26= 170 pts.

Height: 6’5”
Weight: 240 lbs
Hair: Black
Eye Color: Red

Complications:
Overconfidence: Terrorsmith will either underestimate his opponents abilities or over estimates his own which can be used against him by a clever opponent.

Reputation ~ Wanna-Be Mastermind : Terrorsmith is known for coming up with good plans but his inexperience still shows when he carries them out to other established villains (and some heroes for that matter).

Background: Jack Mobley was a relatively successful computer programmer, but his career eventually started going downhill due the hard economics of the times and he’d got himself laid off, he managed to get a new job a few months later only to be laid off again. Over the following year Jack got and was laid off from seven different jobs but things got worse with each job because of his tendency to blame his superiors and others for his problems and the accompanying attitude he’d give them which led to Jack’s being unable to find any kind of work in his chosen field. Although supportive of him at first, Jack's wife, Wendy, eventually couldn't cope with him either and left him, taking their daughter Casey with her. Not long afterwards, Jack was diagnosed with terminal pancreatic cancer and was reported to have only six months left to live.

Both depressed and angry at the world, Jack's life seemed to have hit rock-bottom, but things only got worse when he was caught in what’s been later named the Wildstrike. Jack panicked and sought help, allowing specialists from ASTRO Labs to examine him as well as others brought in by the Albright Institute but treating him was difficult as anyone that he touched or touched him ended up turning into a grotesque monster as a result of the powers he gained from the Wildstrike.

Eventually Jack finally lashed out in frustration over his condition, becoming a supervillain. After fashioning a costume for himself and taking the name Terrorsmith he turned several people into monsters who brought panic to the streets, prompting members of the Sentinels and the Freedom League (specifically Troll, Johnny Rocket, Lady Liberty and Iron Angel) to respond as the Champions had been killed in their fight with the Proprietor and both of the other groups were supporting rescue and clean up efforts following the Proprietor War.

Despite Terrorsmith’s lack of experience his choice to share how he’d assembled his army made it difficult for the heroes to effectively deal with them and during the fighting Terrorsmith was able to make his escape when he saw that things were starting to turn against him. In the years since his first outing Terrorsmith’s come up with a few schemes, mostly the kind that focus on causing chaos and avenging himself for perceived wrongs done to him but his plans always seem to fall apart due to his lack of considering certain factors appropriately and he is forced to retreat and start over again.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Captain Kraken

Post by Tattooedman » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:17 am

Captain Kraken:
PL:
Strength 3
Stamina 4
Agility 4
Dexterity 4
Fighting 8
Intellect 1
Awareness 2
Presence 2

Skills: Close Attack [Sword] 4 (+12), Deception 12 (+14), Insight 10 (+12), Intimidation 10 (+12), Perception 10 (+12), Ranged Combat [Blasters] 8 (+12), Stealth 6 (+10), Technology 6 (+7), Vehicles [Exotic] 9 (+13)

Advantages: Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 4, Equipment 18, Evasion, Follow-Up Strike, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative, Language [Base: Illthun; English], Leadership, Minions 3 [Space Pirates], Power Attack

Powers: Illthun Physiology: (Innate)
Immunity 1 [Drowning]
Movement 1 [Environmental Adaptation (Aquatic)]
Senses 2 [Darkvision]
Swimming 3
Facial Tentacles: Extra Limbs 5 (Feat: Innate)
Ink Cloud: Visual Affliction 6 [Impaired, Disabled, Unaware; resisted by Fortitude] (Feats: Innate, Reach 3); (Flaw: Limited [Only useable underwater])

Disguised Spacesuit: (Removable –1 pt) [6 pp]
Evo-Sealed: Immunity 7 [All Environmental Conditions, Suffocation]

Blaster: (Easily Removable –8 pts) [12 pp]
Ion Discharge: Ranged Damage 8 (Feat: Improved Critical 3, Improved Smash)

Energy Cutlass: (Easily Removable –12 pts) [22 pp]
Laser Blade: Damage 10 (Extra: Penetrating); (Feat: Improved Critical 2, Improved Smash, Weapon Break)

Offense: Initiative +8
Melee Attack +8 // Sword Attack +12
Ranged Attack +4 // Blaster Attack +12

Defense: Dodge +14
Parry +14
Toughness +8*/+4 [*Defensive Roll]
Fortitude +10
Will +6

Equipment: The Stellar Buccaneer [Size: Awesome; Strength 20, Flight 9, Space Travel 3, Blast 12, Blast 12 (Burst Area, AE: Perception Move Object 12)]

Costs: Abilities 56+ Skills 27+ Advantages 33+ Powers 67+ Defenses 27= 210 pts.

Space Pirates:
PL:
Strength 2
Stamina 3
Agility 1
Dexterity 1
Fighting 2
Intellect 0
Awareness 0
Presence 0

Skills: Expertise [Pirate] 5 (+5) , Expertise [Criminal] 4 (+4), Intimidation 4 (+3), Technology 4 (+4), Vehicles [Exotic] 4 (+5)

Advantages: Equipment 3, Ranged Attack

Powers: Disguised Spacesuit: (Removable -1 pt) [6 pp]
Evo-Sealed: Immunity 7 [All Environmental Conditions, suffocation]

Offense: Initiative +1
Melee Attack +2
Ranged Attack +2

Defense: Dodge +3
Parry +3
Toughness +3
Fortitude +4
Will +1

Equipment: Blaster Pistol [Ranged Damage 4]

Costs: Abilities 18+ Skills 7+ Advantages 4+ Powers 6+ Defenses 5= 40 pts.

Height: 6’1”
Weight: 200 lbs
Hair: None
Eye Color: Black

Complications:
Enemies: Star Knight, Siren, the Star Guard, Protonik.

Motivation ~Greed: Captain Kraken is always watching his bottom line and will take on most kinds of criminal acts that are sure to raise it.

Pirate's Code: Captain Kraken has a very loose set of rules that he follows (as well as making sure his men follow as well), they can basically be summed up as follows:

1) Get away when you can take the loot. If you can't then just be happy to get away, there are other treasures to be had and you can't get them if you're caught.

2) Never hurt children on purpose.

3) Honor all deals made, unless you can use a loophole to get around said agreement.

4) Always work a loophole into all agreements.

Background: Captain Kraken hasn't been seen on Earth in just over a year, and for a good reason - he's been busy rebuilding his criminal network in the outer reaches of Lor Republic space, near their border with Grue space. Kraken felt that he'd been perhaps spending a bit too much time on Earth having become to wrapped up in trying to get one over on Star Knight (Maria Montoya), plus he learned that his other ships (which he'd left to roam the spaceways to continue raiding space freighters) had been running into problems with the Lor Republic having increased their efforts to better patrol the space lanes.

Recently Kraken has been getting into the smuggling business as well, delivering all manner of items to whoever is willing to pay him well enough for his risks. Lately that's been the Star Khan, looking to improve the armament of his troops and Kraken has also been brokering a deal with the Kreegor Empire (a race that managed to fight off the Grue, a rarity in itself) who are looking to expand their reach, which would put them at odds with the Lor Republic. Which of course Kraken is all for as a border war would cause the Republic to not be as focused on crimes going on within their area of space and make his chances of greater profit even better.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Buzzard & Vultures

Post by Tattooedman » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:48 am

Buzzard:
PL:
Strength 9 (3)
Stamina 6 (3)
Agility 2
Dexterity 2
Fighting 6
Intellect 3
Awareness 4
Presence 3

Skills: Acrobatics 12 (+14), Close Combat [Unarmed] 4 (+10), Deception 9 (+12), Expertise [Criminal] 9 (+12), Expertise [Law Enforcement] 6 (+9), Expertise [Science] 6 (+9), Intimidation 6 (+9), Investigation 6 (+9), Ranged Combat [Blaster] 6 (+8.), Technology 6 (+9)

Advantages: Close Attack 4, Contacts, Daze [Deception], Equipment 4, Favored Environment [Airborne], Minions 9 [the Vultures (x4 total)], Minions 8 [Thugs (x16 total)], Power Attack, Well-Informed

Powers: Buzzard Flight Harness: (Removable –9 pts) [38 pp]
Body Armor: Protection 2
Enhanced Abilities:
Enhanced Strength 6
Enhanced Stamina 3
Enhanced Skill 4 [Acrobatics +12] (Flaw: Limited [Only when airborne])
Enhanced Advantages 7 [Agile Feint, Evasion 2, Improved Initiative 2, Move-By Action, Seize Initiative]
Enhanced Dodge 2 (Flaw: Limited [Only when airborne])
Enhanced Parry 2 (Flaw: Limited [Only when airborne])
Gauntlets: Strength-Based Damage 1 (Feat: Improved Critical 2)
Wings: Flight 8 (Feat: Subtle 2); (Flaw: Winged)

Melee Attack +10
Ranged Attack +2 // Blaster Attack +8

Defense: Dodge +12*/+10**/+8 [*Airborne & Harness/**Harness]
Parry +12*/+10**/+8 [*Airborne & Harness/**Harness]
Toughness +8*/+6 [*Body Armor]
Fortitude +10
Will +10

Equipment: Blaster [Ranged Damage 5]
HQ [use Abandoned Warehouse (10 ep) from pg 179]

Costs: Abilities 52+ Skills 21+ Advantages 30+ Powers 38+ Defenses 19= 160 pts.

Vultures:
PL:
Strength 6 (2)
Stamina 5 (2)
Agility 4 (2)
Dexterity 0
Fighting 3
Intellect 1
Awareness 0
Presence 0

Skills: Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+6), Deception 4 (+4), Expertise [Criminal] 6 (+6), Expertise [Science] 4 (+7), Intimidation 3 (+3), Technology 4 (+7)

Advantages: Teamwork

Powers: Flight Harness: (Removable -6 pts) [24 pp]
Enhanced Strength 4
Enhanced Stamina 3
Enhanced Agility 2
Enhanced Advantages 3 [Evasion, Improved Initiative, Move-By Action]
Protection 1
Flight 6 (Feat: Subtle 2) (Flaw: Winged)

Offense: Initiative +8
Melee Attack +3 // Unarmed Attack +6
Ranged Attack +0

Defense: Dodge +6
Parry +6
Toughness +6
Fortitude +6
Will +4

Costs: Abilities: 22+ Skills 8+ Advantages 1+ Powers 24+ Defenses 10= 65 pts.

Complications:
Motivation Greed: Like their boss, the Buzzard, all of the Vultures want as much money as they can lay their hands on.

Weakness: Ground-Fighting; Similar to Cooper, the Vultures are much better at fighting in the air than on the ground. If their wings are clipped, they are reduced in Fighting, Dodge & Parry by 2 points each.

Height: 6’
Weight: 210 lbs
Eye Color: Blue

Complications:
Motivation Greed: The Buzzard wants to get as much money as he possibly can.

Weakness; Ground-Fighting; a skill aerial combatant, the Buzzard is much more limited on the ground. If his wings are clipped, he is reduced in Fighting, Dodge and Parry by 2 points each.

Background: A corrupt narcotics detective, Vinny Cooper confiscated some supervillain equipment when his underlings (just as corrupt as him) busted up a Power House lab, most notably a personal flight harness. With it he created the identity of the Buzzard, picking the bones of both the police and underworld for his own profit. So far he's considered something of an example to up and coming metamen criminals as the Buzzard hasn't ever been to prison yet in all the years he's been active (mostly making use of his police and underworld connections to keep aware of who's trying to come after him for his latest robbery or heist). During that time Vinny has become well versed with the operation and upkeep of his flight harness, so much so that he's built several lesser ones and supplies them to some of the more trusted members of his crew (he'll never be a technological wonder but Vinny can rebuild his harness and the Vulture harness wtih little trouble).

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Vendetta & Veil

Post by Tattooedman » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:09 pm

Vendetta:
PL:
Strength 5
Stamina 5
Agility 3
Dexterity 3
Fighting 8
Intellect 3
Awareness 3
Presence 2

Skills: Acrobatics 6 (+9), Athletics 9 (+14), Deception 6 (+8.), Expertise [Business] 12 (+15), Expertise [Streetwise] 9 (+12), Insight 8 (+11), Intimidation 12 (+14), Investigation 9 (+12), Perception 8 (+11), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 8 (+13), Stealth 9 (+12), Treatment 5 (+8.)

Advantages: All-Out Attack, Close Attack 5, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 3, Equipment 12, Follow-Up Strike, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Critical [Unarmed] 3, Improved Initiative, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 2, Takedown 2, Well-Informed, Withstand Damage

Offense: Initiative +7
Melee Attack +13
Ranged Attack +13

Defense: Dodge +11
Parry +11
Toughness +9*/+6**/+5 [*Costume & Defensive Roll/**Costume]
Fortitude +10
Will +10

Equipment: Costume [Protection 1, Features 2 (Converts ballistic/energy damage to non-lethal), Immunity 2 (Critical Hits; Limited [Ballistics only]), Immunity 2 (Flaw: Limited -20 Rounds of Oxygen)]
Mask Lenses [Senses 2 (Low Light Vision, Infravision), Commlink]
Utility Belt: (33 ep)
Flash Bang Grenade [Ranged Burst Area Affliction 5 (Visually & Auditory Impaired, Visually & Auditory Disabled, Visual & Auditory Unaware; resisted by Dodge/Fortitude) (Extra: Extra Condition)]
-Bolo [Ranged Affliction 5 (Hindered & Impeded, Defenseless & Immobile; resisted by Dodge/Strength) (Extra: Extra Condition); (Flaw: Reduced Range)]
-Cutting Torch [Damage 1, Linked to Weaken Toughness 1 (Flaw: Limited to objects)]
-Escrima Sticks [Strength-Based Damage 3; Split]
-Grapple Gun [Move Object 2, AE: Movement 1 (Swinging)]
-Smoke Bombs [Ranged Cloud Area Visual Concealment Attack]
-Tear Gas Grenades [Ranged Burst Area Affliction 5 (Dazed & Visually Impaired, Stunned & Visually Disabled, Incapacitated; resisted by Dodge/Fortitude) (Extra: Extra Condition)]
-Throwing Discs [Strength-Based Ranged Damage 2]
-Lockpick Kit, Mini-Tracers, Handcuffs, Flashlight, Binoculars, First Aid Kit

-7 ep towards HQ (shared with Veil)

HQ (14 ep) [Skyscraper: Size – Large, Toughness – 10, Features: Communications, Computer, Fire Prevention System, Gym, Infirmary, Library, Living Space, Power System, Security System, Workshop]

Vehicle: (12ep) [Motorcycle: Size - M, Strength - 1, Speed - 6, Def - 10, Tough - 8, Features 2 (Navigation System, Secret Compartments)]

Costs: Abilities 64+ Skills 35+ Advantages 34+ Defenses 23= 156 pts.

Height: 6'
Weight: 180 lbs
Eye Color: Brown

Complications:
Motivation: Justice

Relationships: His sister Tabitha.

Secret Identity: Isaiah Stone, well-to-do business man.

>>>

Veil:
PL:
Strength 2
Stamina 2
Agility 6
Dexterity 6
Fighting 8
Intellect 3
Awareness 3
Presence 4

Skills: Acrobatics 9 (+15), Athletics 3 (+5), Close Combat [Unarmed] 6 (+14), Deception 4 (+8.),Expertise [Art] 9 (+12), Expertise [Computers] 8 (+11), Expertise [Streetwise] 6 (+9), Insight 9 (+12), Investigation 6 (+9), Perception 9 (+12), Persuasion 6 (+10), Ranged Combat [Thrown Objects] 6 (+14), Stealth 8 (+14), Technology 3 (+6), Treatment 4 (+7)

Advantages: Agile Feint, Benefit [Up The Walls], Defensive Roll 2, Equipment 12, Evasion 2, Improved Initiative, Instant Up, Move-by Action, Online Research, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 2, Skill Mastery [Acrobatics], Skill Mastery [Computers], Set-Up, Takedown 2, Teamwork, Well-Informed

Melee Attack +8 // Unarmed Attack +14
Ranged Attack +8 // Thrown Objects Attack +14

Defense: Dodge +13
Parry +13
Toughness +5*/+3**/+2 [*Costume & Defensive Roll/**Costume]
Fortitude +8
Will +9

Equipment: Costume [Protection 1, Features 2 (Converts ballistic/energy damage to non-lethal), Immunity 2 (Critical Hits; Limited [Ballistics only]), Immunity 2 (Flaw: Limited -20 Rounds of Oxygen)]
Mask Lenses [Senses 2 (Low Light Vision, Infravision), Commlink]
Utility Belt: (33 ep)
Flash Bang Grenade [Ranged Burst Area Affliction 5 (Visually & Auditory Impaired, Visually & Auditory Disabled, Visual & Auditory Unaware; resisted by Dodge/Fortitude) (Extra: Extra Condition)]
-Bo Staff [Damage 2; Reach, Sublte, Split]
-Bolo [Ranged Affliction 5 (Hindered & Impeded, Defenseless & Immobile; resisted by Dodge/Strength) (Extra: Extra Condition); (Flaw: Reduced Range)]
-Cutting Torch [Damage 1, Linked to Weaken Toughness 1 (Flaw: Limited to objects)]
-Grapple Gun [Move Object 2, AE: Movement 1 (Swinging)]
-Smoke Bombs [Ranged Cloud Area Visual Concealment Attack]
-Tear Gas Grenades [Ranged Burst Area Affliction 5 (Dazed & Visually Impaired, Stunned & Visually Disabled, Incapacitated; resisted by Dodge/Fortitude) (Extra: Extra Condition)]
-Throwing Discs [Strength-Based Ranged Damage 2]
-Lockpick Kit, Mini-Tracers, Handcuffs, Flashlight, Binoculars, First Aid Kit

-7 ep towards HQ (shared with Vendetta)

Vehicle: (12ep) [Motorcycle: Size - M, Strength - 1, Speed - 6, Def - 10, Tough - 8, Features 2 (Navigation System, Secret Compartments)]

Costs: Abilities 68+ Skills 34+ Advantages 31+ Defenses 23= 156 pts.

Height: 5'5"
Weight: 115 lbs
Eye Color: Brown

Complications:
Motivation: Justice

Relationships: Her brother Isaiah.

Secret Identity: Tabitha Stone, well-to-do local artist.

Background:A brother and sister duo of costumed adventurers/martial artists heroes in the mold of the Raven, taking the fight to street gangs and organized crime by striking swiftly from and fading back into the all-concealing shadows. They are driven by the murders of their parents over a decade ago when their lawyer father was prosecuting high ranking members of Top Dollar’s organization and refused to back off when given a ‘warning’. The two children were raised by their uncle in Freedom City where Isaiah and Tabitha carefully developed the skills they would later use as masked adventurers; both are former students of Master Lee having earned black belts in multiple fighting styles as well as skilled, if self-trained investigators. Once they were adults Tabitha and Isaiah moved back to Detroit and began their war on crime.

They’ve teamed with the Black Hood (and neither of them care for his permanent way of dealing with criminals, but can’t knock his intel) from time to time and even worked with the Raven when she came to Detroit a few years ago looking into rumours that Doctor Sin was trying to establish a foothold in the underworld. After running into the siblings, and falling into that old cliché of heroes-fighting-heroes-before-figuring-things-out, the trio teamed up against Doctor Sin’s agents and destroyed their base and scattered what few agents of Sin weren’t captured by the police. Afterwards the Raven realized that the siblings were making a real difference but were under funded so she started to secretly provide both tech as well as a bit of financial support, and nowadays uses them as her eyes and ears in Detroit.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Prodigal

Post by Tattooedman » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:25 pm

Prodigal:
PL:
Strength 5
Stamina 5
Agility 7
Dexterity 7
Fighting 8
Intellect 2
Awareness 4
Presence 2

Skills: Acrobatics 6 (+13), Athletics 8 (+13), Close Combat [Unarmed] 4 (+16), Deception 13 (+15), Expertise [Military] 7 (+9), Expertise [Streetwise] 11 (+13), Insight 9 (+13), Intimidation 9 (+11), Investigation 6 (+8.), Perception 10 (+14), Persuasion 6 (+8.), Ranged Combat [Guns] 4 (+14), Sleight of Hand 4 (+11), Stealth 7 (+14), Technology 3 (+5), Vehicles [Air] 3 (+10), Vehicles [Land] 3 (+10), Vehicles [Sea] 3 (+10)

Advantages: Assessment, Close Attack 4, Daze [Deception], Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 2, Diehard, Equipment 6, Evasion 2, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Aim, Improved Critical [Guns] 2, Improved Critical [Swords], Improved Critical [Unarmed], Improved Initiative, Luck [Determination], Power Attack, Precise Attack [ranged; cover], Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 3, Redirect, Set-Up, Skill Mastery [Deception], Takedown 2, Taunt, Tracking, Uncanny Dodge, Well-Informed

Powers: Super Soldier Treatment:
Enhanced Advantages 2 [Great Endurance, Improved Initiative]
Immunity 3 [Intoxication, Disease, Poisons]
Leaping 2
Speed 2

Healing Factor: Regeneration 5

Twin Variable Blasters: (Easily Removable –14 pts) [21 pp]
Ballistic Setting: Ranged Damage 8 (Extras: Multiattack, Penetrating); (Feats: Improved Critical, Split)
-Stun Rounds: Ranged Affliction 8 [Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated; resisted by Fortitude] (Extras: Cumulative, Multiattack)

Offense: Initiative +15
Melee Attack +12 // Unarmed Attack +16
Ranged Attack +10 // Gun Attack +14

Defense: Dodge +13
Parry +13
Toughness +9*/+7**/+5
Fortitude +9
Will +12

Equipment: Light Power Armor [Protection 2; Subtle; Cell Phone, Commlink, Gas Mask, Nightvision Goggles, Rebreather]

Costs: Abilities 80+ Skills 40+ Advantages 41+ Powers 35+ Defenses 23= 219 pts.

Height: 6’2”
Weight: 220 lbs
Hair:
Eye Color:

Complications:
Disability: Prodigal has developed a nerve disease as a result of the super soldier process he underwent and suffers from constant pain. Periodically it can cause him trouble during a fight.

Motivation ~Greed: Prodigal wants money, lots and lots of it and he doesn’t care who he has to cross to get it.

Background: An agent of AEGIS, Mick Meyers took part in super soldier program trying a variant of the formula that originally created the Patriot, it worked but Prodigal suffers from constant neurological pain as a side effect. Prodigal went rogue when his superiors caught him trying to sell AEGIS secrets and tech to VIPER. When not working with the rest of his team, Prodigal continues his career of an arms dealer, and has taken to wearing light power armor to lessen his condition.

After a few years of operating all over the world as a solo operative, Prodigal decided that he could increase his profits by putting together a team of metamen to take on bigger jobs for a better quality of clients. He carefully selected members that he knew he could control and manipulate and named them the Black Knights. They take any and all jobs that come their way; often they work in pairs on various different criminal venues but will work together for large jobs. They work well together thanks to the training Prodigal has put them through over the years since putting the team together.

-- Chiun