Eld's builds:Scimitar, Spirit Dragon, Zombies, Kirin, Amleth

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Earth-Two_Kenn
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Re: Eld's builds:Giga Bite, Invisible Inc, Landslide, Iron K

Post by Earth-Two_Kenn »

Horsenhero wrote:Cool powerhouse, but if I'm right and his name refers to his horns being diamond-like, shouldn't his name be Tri-CARAT-top?
As long as it isn't Tri-Carrottop.... I can't handle one of that guy. Three? *shudder*.
Over eleven hundred DCA/M&M Character builds at http://www.rcuhero.net

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Eld's builds:Landslide, Iron Khan, Tri-Caret-Top, Ymir

Post by Arthur Eld »

See, now that has to happen. I imagine in the Crinoverse there is, or at least was at some point a Tri-Carrottop, probably made by Quirk or somebody.

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Eld's builds:Landslide, Iron Khan, Tri-Caret-Top, Ymir

Post by Crinos »

Nah, Quirk is not nearly that sadistic.

Discord on the other hand...

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arthur Eld »

'To steal and steal again is my greatest carnal pleasure, and I stake my life on it.'

Fujiko Mine
PL 6 107

Abilities

Strength 0, Stamina 1, Agility 2, Dexterity 4, Fighting 3, Intellect 3, Awareness 2, Presence 4

Advantages: Attractive 2, Benefit (Cipher), Daze (Deception), Defensive Roll 2, Equipment 6, Languages 3 (Japanese, English, French, Spanish), Skill Mastery (Sleight of Hand), Taunt, Ranged Attack 2

Equipment Zip line (Movement 1, Swinging, Speed 2, Limited to while Swinging), Vehicles-motorcycle (Strength 3, size-Medium, Toughness 8, Defense 1, Speed 5), 12 ep, 15 ep unspent for weapons and other gear, usually a heavy pistol (Blast 4)

Skills: Acrobatics 8 (+10), Athletics 4 (+4), Deception 7 (+11/+16), Expertise (Criminal) 7 (+10), Expertise (current events) 4 (+7), Insight 5 (+7), Investigation 3 (+6), Perception 7 (+9), Persuasion 5 (+9/+14), Ranged Combat (guns) 1 (+7), Sleight of Hand 6 (+10), Stealth 6 (+8), Technology 3 (+6), Vehicles 4 (+8)

Offense
Initiative +2
Pistol +7 Damage 4
Unarmed +3 Damage 0

Defense
Dodge 8 (6), Parry 6 (3)
Toughness 3/1, Fortitude 4 (3), Will 6 (4)

Abilities 38+Advantages 18+Skills 34+Defenses 16=107

Complications
Wanted Fujiko Mine is a criminal and at any time may be hunted by various law agencies.
Motivation Thrills.
Rival Other criminals, especially Lupin III

•As usual, a bigger name for a hundredth build-this time, Fujiko Mine. I don't have too much familiarity with the greater Lupin III franchise, so far the only thing I've seen was the 2012 The Woman Called Fujiko Mine series, which is awesome. So this build (and the upcoming builds of Lupin and the gang) will be based mostly on feats displayed in that show.

•I looked closely to my build of Faye Valentine when doing this one, since I think the Lupin gang and the crew of the Bebop are interesting parallels. To that end, Fujiko is built around her skills, which are best at interacting with others. She's a decent shot, but will fold in melee combat without a gun, and is not really meant for fighting in any case. Mostly she gets other people to do the heavy lifting for her, and then takes what she wants. Considering she's outclassed in some way by every member of Lupin's crew (Lupin is a better thief, and Goemon and Jigen are action heroes in a crime setting), she has to rely on her brains and guile, of which she has plenty-considering nearly everyone she meets is instantly attracted to her-from Lupin to the main NPC du jour, to a boarding school full of teenage girls.

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arthur Eld »

Goemon Ishikawa XIII
PL 9 126

Abilities

Strength 2, Stamina 2, Agility 5, Dexterity 5, Fighting 10, Intellect 1, Awareness 2, Presence 1

Powers:
Zantetsuken Easily Removable 8
Absurdly Sharp Blade Strength-based Damage 4, Improved Critical 2, Penetrating 6
Master Swordsman Enhanced Active Defenses 2, Limited to when wielding a sword, Multiattack Extra 6 on sword damage 8
Lightning Reflexes Feature 1-can draw a sword as a Reaction 1

Advantages: Assessment, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 2, Improved Critical (swords) 2, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Improved Smash, Language 1 (English, base-Japanese), Move-by Action, Skill Mastery (Acrobatics), Quick Draw, Seize Initiative, Takedown 2, Uncanny Dodge

Skills: Acrobatics 5 (+10), Athletics 6 (+8), Close Combat (Katana) 4 (+12) , Expertise (history) 4 (+5), Expertise (philosopy) 4 (+5), Insight 4 (+6), Intimidation 5 (+6), Perception 8 (+10), Stealth 3 (+8)

Offense
Initiative +9
Zantetsuken +12 Damage 6
Unarmed +10 Damage 2

Defense
Dodge 12/10 (5), Parry 12/10
Toughness 4/2, Fortitude 6 (4), Will 7 (5)

Abilities 56+Powers 17+Advantages 16+Skills 22+Defenses 14=126

•In the vaguely French/general European atmosphere of Lupin III, Goemon stands out as something of an oddity. But, much like Radical Edward, this difference only makes him all the cooler. While he doesn't exactly have the deepest personality, he gets a few little moments in AWCFM that humanize him beyond just 'nigh-unflappable samurai.'

•A PL 9 on offense, Goemon is somewhat undercapped on defense. But considering he's mostly only dealing with low PL criminals, it doesn't matter that much.I thought about giving him an Affects Objects Only Weaken Toughness power on his katana because he can cut through just about anything, but I'd just leave that to the insane damage he can do with Multiattack, Power Attack, and his stupid high chances of getting a critical-between all that, his max damage can hit rank 18. I don't generally give attacks Penetrating either, since its usefulness is so limited in 3E, but if anything deserves it, its Zantetsuken.
Last edited by Arthur Eld on Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arthur Eld »

What you stole wasn't just some Magnum. It was my past. My life.

Daisuke Jigen
PL 9 102

Abilities

Strength 2, Stamina 2, Agility 2, Dexterity 3, Fighting 6, Intellect 1, Awareness 2, Presence 1

Advantages: Defensive Roll 2, Equipment 2, Improved Critical (handguns) 2, Improved Aim, Languages 1 (English, base-French), Power attack, Quick Draw, Precise Attack (ranged, cover), Ranged Attack 9, Seize Initiative, Skill Mastery (Perception), Takedown, Uncanny Dodge

Equipment S&W .357 Magnum (Blast 5)

Skills: Acrobatics 2 (+4), Athletics 5 (+7), Deception 5 (+6), Expertise (criminal) 5 (+6), Expertise (current events) 2 (+3), Insight 5 (+7), Intimidation 5 (+6), Investigation 3 (+4), Perception 8 (+10), Ranged Combat (handguns) 1 (+13), Stealth 4 (+6), Vehicles 3 (+6)

Offense
Initiative +6
.357 Magnum +13 Damage 5
Unarmed +6 Damage 2

Defense
Dodge 10 (8), Parry 8 (2)
Toughness 4/2, Fortitude 6 (4), Will 7 (5)

Abilities 38+Advantages 21+Skills 24+Defenses 19=102

Complications
Honor Jigen doesn't fight women.
Wanted Jigen is a known criminal, and has a reputation as a deadly gunfighter and associate of Lupin III.
Keepsake Jigen's .357 is more than just a gun to him, and he would never willingly let it be ketp form him.

•The other half of team Lupin's muscle, Daisuke Jigen is a film noir protagonist in the mold of several Dashiel Hammet characters, just with more insane combat skills. However, he doesn't seem too accurate in his 2012 appearance, at least to the point where it was implied a fight between he and Lupin would be a draw more than anything else.

•A PL 9 only on offense, he's only a 7 on Defense. Still, as with the other characters of Lupin III, he's still heads and toes above most of the people he fights. But if he's surrounded by cops, for example, he's more likely to give up than try to shoot his way out. Personally, he may be my favorite character out of the 4, but only because his design is so cool.

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arthur Eld »

Arsene Lupin III
PL 7 150

Abilities

Strength 1, Stamina 2, Agility 4, Dexterity 4, Fighting 6, Intellect 4, Awareness 2, Presence 3

Advantages: Beginner's Luck, Contacts, Defensive Roll 2, Eidetic Memory, Equipment 6, Grabbing Finesse, Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative, Inventor, Languages 3 (German, Japanese, English, Russian, base-French), Luck, Move-by Action, Ranged Attack 4, Skill Mastery (Sleight of Hand), Taunt, Well-Informed, Uncanny Dodge

Equipment: Walther P38 (Blast 4), 22 ep unspent

Skills: Acrobatics 9 (+13), Athletics 7 (+9), Close Combat (unarmed) 2 (+8), Deception 12 (+15), Expertise (criminal) 12 (+16), Insight 7 (+9), Intimidation 2 (+5), Investigation 8 (+12), Perception 10 (+12), Persuasion 4 (+7), Sleight of Hand 11 (+15), Stealth 6 (+10), Technology 11 (+15), Vehicles 6 (+10)

Offense
Initiative +8
Unarmed +8 Damage 1
Walther +8 Damage 4

Defense
Dodge 10 (6), Parry 8 (2)
Toughness 4/2, Fortitude 5 (3), Will 7 (5)

Abilities 52+Advantages 28+Skills 54+Defenses 16=150

Complications
Hunted By Inspector Zenigata, and other lesser cops as well.
Relationship Lupin is determined to 'steal' Fujiko Mine. He's also loyal to Jigen and Ishikawa.
Quirk Lupin always sends a calling card to announce his theft-and he always steals what he says he will.
Motivation Challenging Thefts. Lupin doesn't really care about what he steals, its the act of stealing the impossible that appeals to him.

•Lupin III. Not much needs to be send. Go watch TWCFM or Green vs Red or Castle of Cagliostro or something if you haven't already. As far as the build is concerned, I looked at Catwoman, Batman, and my own build of Spike Spiegel (to a lesser extent) to get a crazy talented thief (at one point while struggling with Jigen, he steals his gun, loads it with custom bullets, and replaces it-all without Jigen knowing). He gets Inventor for being to whip up some devices that would be hard to justify otherwise-a cool bee signal, explosive bullets, and other stuff. I decided against giving him Ultimate Sleight of Hand, but that's what Luck's for. Instead of giving him a bunch of Expertises, I gave him Well-Informed and Eidetic Memory, as he has a wide-ranging knowledge of many things. This guy could easily give Batman trouble by himself. With the aid of his crew, he could probably pull off a successful heist in Gotham (but only after being forced to team up with Batman to avoid being killed by the Joker or something).
Last edited by Arthur Eld on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arthur Eld »

AdrenalLynn
PL 10 150

Abilities

Strength 13, Stamina 13, Agility 2, Dexterity 2, Fighting 7, Intellect 1, Awareness 2, Presence 2

Powers
Super-Strength Power Lifting 2 2
Swift Speed 2 2
Super Jumps Leaping 7 7
Invulnerable Immunity 4 (pressure, cold, heat, vacuum), Impervious Toughness 9 13

Advantages: Accurate Attack, Defensive Attack, Improved Initiative, Interpose, Luck, Ranged Attack 5, Startle, Takedown 2, Taunt, Ultimate Strength

Skills: Acrobatics 4 (+6), Athletics 4 (+17), Deception 6 (+8), Expertise (current events) 4 (+5), Insight 3 (+5), Intimidation 9 (+10), Perception 4 (+6),

Offense
Initiative +6
Unarmed +7 Damage 13

Defense
Dodge 7 (5), Parry 7
Toughness 13, Fortitude 13, Will 7 (5)

Abilities 84+Powers 24+Advantages 14+Skills 18+Defenses 10=150

•Another day, another 365 Supers build. AdrenalLynn is a fairly simple concept-superhuman brawler with a penchant for throwing stuff, but its a time tested concept. To pay homage to the adrenaline part, she's also faster than a normal person, and is probably always in a heightened state of fight or flight. Or perhaps she just needs to enter said state to activate her powers-whichever floats a prospective GM or player's boat, I suppose.

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arthur Eld »

The Meta-Grue
PL 13 347

Abilities
Strength 2, Stamina 8, Agility 1, Dexterity 1, Fighting 9, Intellect 1, Awareness 3, Presence 2

Powers
Grue powers Comprehend 2 (understand all languages, is understood), Weaken Awareness 4 (Resisted by Will), Morph 4, Protection 1, Variable 4 (for physical traits, Move Action) 61
Natural Telepath Mental Communication 4, Mind Reading 12 (Cumulative), Enhanced Will 6 (Limited to resisting mental effects), Senses 1 (mental awareness) 44

Stretching Elongation 9 (1/2 mile) 9
Ionic Flying Flight 7 14

Molecular Control
Size Expansion Growth 12 24
Ionic Force Field Force Field 8 (Impervious Toughness 9) 1
Slipping through molecular bonds Insubstantial 4 1
Compression Shrinking 20 (Atomic), Movement 1 (Dimensional, into Microverse) 1

Mental Powers
Mind Shaping Perception Affliction 10 (Resisted by Will, Dazed, Compelled, Mind Transformed, Continuous) 60
Mental Domination Mind Control 10 1
Phantasms Illusion 9 (All senses, Resistable by Will) 1
Pain Projection Mental Blast 10 (Tiring) 1

Energy Manipulation
Radiation Blast Blast 10 20
Energy Constructs Create 10 1
Blinding Beam Visual Dazzle 10 1

Advantages: Improved Initiative, Improved Hold, Close Attack 2, Ranged Attack 11

Skills: Deception 8 (+10/+30), Investigation 5 (+6), Intimidation 6 (+8), Perception 6 (+9), Insight 8 (+11), Vehicles 4 (+5), Stealth 6 (+7)

Offense
Initiative +5
Unarmed +11 Damage 2/14

Defense
Dodge 9 (8), Parry 9
Toughness 9, Fortitude 8, Will 9 (6)

Abilities 56+Powers 240+Advantages 15+Skills 22+Defenses 14=347

•The Meta-Grue, from Freedom City is their answer to the Super Skrull. A specifically bred Grue metamorph, he was exposed to energies from the captured Atom Family. And though he gained their powers, the metnal communication with such strong minds, especially that of the powerful mentalist Chase Atom, was able to 'awake' Darr’Kan from the Grue collective mind. So now he's his own Grue, and he's out to create his own Grue Unity and conquer the galaxy.

•Armed with base Grue powers and the powers of all four Atom siblings (although he doesn't have all their tricks, especially now that they're older) the Meta-Grue is still a dangerous foe, able to play a multitude of roles from brute force enforcer to stealthy mentalist infiltrator to blaster, to anything in between. He can fight a team solo, or ally with other exiled aliens on Earth (there's enough of them to go around, after all) for some kind of Earth Conquering Alliance.
Last edited by Arthur Eld on Fri May 24, 2013 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Eld's builds:Lupin III, AdrenalLynn, Meta-Grue

Post by Jabroniville »

Neat Lupin-esque builds- I've yet to hear about this Fujiko-themed series. It now has my interest- there's some GREAT stuff in the "Lupin" series.

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arthur Eld »

It was the first iteration of Lupin that I saw, and I think it's pretty great. From what I understand, it did rub some older fans the wrong way because the tone is pretty dark.

You can watch the whole series on Hulu, I think.

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

1,106-1,110

Post by Arthur Eld »

Der Ubersoldaten

The Nazi superhumans from Freedom City's Golden Age, the Ubersoldaten are your classic mix of Nazi supersoldiers and general Golden Age strangeness. Its worth noting that they're very similar to the Ubersoldaten from the Algernon Files.

Die Eule
PL 9 160

Abilities

Strength 3, Stamina 4, Agility 4, Dexterity 4, Fighting 11, Intellect 3, Awareness 4, Presence 4

Advantages: Defensive Roll 3, Equipment 4, Evasion 2, Jack of All Trades, Language 1 (English, base-German), Power Attack, Ranged Attack 7, Skill Mastery 4 (Acrobatics, Technology, Sleight of Hand, Stealth), Startle, Uncanny Dodge

Equipment Gliuder Cape (Flight 1, Gliding), Goggles (Senses 2-low light vision, infravision), Grapple gun (Movement 1-Swinging), Ultilty Belt Flash bangs-Visual & Auditory Dazzle 3, Burst, AE: Boomerang-Strength-based Damage 2, Ranged, AE: Smoke Bombs (Cloud Area Visual Concealmeant Attack), AE: Stun Grenades-Ranged Burst Affliction 4 (Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated))

Skills: Acrobatics 8 (+12), Athletics 6 (+9), Deception 8 (+12), Expertise (tactics) 6 (+9), Insight 8 (+12), Investigation 8 (+11), Intimidate 8 (+12), Perception 8 (+12), Sleight of Hand 8 (+12), Technology 8 (+11), Vehicles 6 (+10), Stealth 10 (+14)

Offense
Initiative +4
Unarmed +11 Damage 3
Boomerang +11 Damage 5

Defense
Dodge 11 (7), Parry 11
Toughness 7/4, Fortitude 6 (2), Will 10 (6)

Abilities 74+Advantages 25+Skills 46+Defenses 15=160

•Hans Graumach was a wealthy Austrian, an ambitious man of adventure, hunter, and amateur scientist. Wanting a high pace of honor in the new Nazi order, he became der Eule, a hunter of the night and agent of the SS, active throughout Europe, in both Axis-controlled and Allied nations. Eventually, he committed suicide rather than go to prison at the war's end.

•Basically Golden Age Nazi Batman, der Eule is a decent combatant, but his real worth lies in his skills and ability to operate in America and England, as his talents make him more than a match for your average Intelligence agent or soldier.

Dr. Geistmann
PL 9

Abilities

Strength 5, Stamina 5, Agility 2, Dexterity 2, Fighting 9, Intellect 7, Awareness 4, Presence 3

Powers
Ape Senses Senses 2 (Acute scent, low-light vision) 2
Weapon du jour 100 points for power(s) with the Easily Removable Flaw 60

Advantages: Agile Feint, Ranged Attack 7, Improved Hold, Inventor, Power Attack

Skills: Acrobatics 5 (+7), Athletics 13 (+18), Technology 8 (+15), Intimidate 6 (+9), Expertise (science) 8 (+15), Perception 8 (+12), Insight 8 (+12)

Offense
Initiative +2
Unarmed +9 Damage 5

Defense
Dodge 9 (7), Parry 9
Toughness 5, Fortitude 8 (3), Will 8 (4)

Abilities

•A being from the same time as Doctor Tomorrow, Oberst Geistmann was a Nazi scientist in his world's victorious Nazi Germany. Stationed in America, he was working on a time travel device when Tomorrow (then known as Tomas Morgen) invaded with the American Resistance. Morgen used the device and the temporal wash disintegrated Geistmann. His spirit traveled back in time to 1941, and he awoke in the body of an albino ape Nazi scientists had been studying in Berlin. His genius and knowledge of what was, to him, history, earned him a spot in German High Command. Eventually his body was destroyed and he became Zeitgeist a time-traveling spirit who possessed people in his attempts to manipulate history.

•A brilliant scientist, Geistmann can whip out some powerful effect with whatever super science weapon he might have handy. He could also build Nazi robots or 'uplift' gorillas into shock troops.

Madame Blitz
PL 9 128

Abilities

Strength 1, Stamina 2, Agility 3, Dexterity 3, Fighting 7, Intellect 0, Awareness 1, Presence 2

Powers
Magnetic Control Perception Range Move Object 9, Limited to metal 18
Electical Control Blast 9 1
Blinding Bolt Visual Dazzle 9 1
•b]Stunning Bolt[/b] Ranged Cumulative Affliction 6, Resisted by Fort, Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated 1

EM Flight Flight 7 (120 MPH, 1/2 mile per round) 14
Electric Field Force Field 8, Impervious Toughness 7 15
Lightning proof Immunity 10 (Electrical effects) 10

Advantages: Ranged Attack 6, Defensive Attack, Precise Attack (Ranged, Cover), Language 1 (English)

Skills: Acrobatics 6 (+9), Expertise (current events) 4 (+4), Perception 4 (+5), Insight 5 (+6)

Offense
Initiative +3
Unarmed +7 Damage 1
Lightning bolt +9 Damage 9 or Affliction 9

Defense
Dodge 8 (5), Parry 8 (1)
Toughness 10/2, Fortitude 6 (4), Will 5 (4)

Abilities 38+Powers 57+Advantages 9+Skills 10+Defenses 14=128

•Anna Segur was an innate mutant, with powers over electromagnetism. However, she had little control over those powers, and caused many problems, with most people believing she was cursed. Dr. Geistmann was able to super-charge her powers with external electrical sources, and she became Madame Blitz, able to fight for the Fatherland, although she was uncomfortable with most of the other Ubersoldaten, and had a flirting relationship with English superhuman Spitfire Jones. Her grandaughter in modern times is the neo-Nazi punk rocker Blitz, with similar powers.

•A balanced PL 9, Blitz has no readily apparent weaknesses apart from fairly low exotic saves. But she can dish out a fair amount of damage and is completely electricity-proof. In battle, she should rely on her speed, going where she's most needed and launching ranged attacks from hot spot to hot spot.

Roter Adler
PL 9 130

Abilities

Strength 2, Stamina 2, Agility 3, Dexterity 3, Fighting 8, Intellect 1, Awareness 1, Presence 3

Powers
Super-sonic Flight 9 (1,000 MPH, 2 miles per round) 18
Protective Field Sustained Protection 6 Impervious 7, Limited, must be flying 10
Shockwave Damage 8, Cone Area, Limited-must be flying 8

Advantages: Evasion, Favored Environment (aerial), Move-by Action, Ranged Attack 5, Language 2 (English, Russian, base-German)

Skills: Acrobatics 8 (+11), Deception 6 (+9), Expertise (Current events) 4 (+5), Expertise (tactics) 4 (+5), Perception 6 (+7), Vehicles 8 (+11), Stealth 4 (+5), Insight 6 (+7)

Offense
Initiative +3
Unarmed +8 Damage 2

Defense
Dodge 9 (6), Parry 9 (1)
Toughness 8/2, Fortitude 5 (3), Will 6 (5)

Abilities 46+Powers 36+Advantages 10+Skills 23+Defenses 15=130

•Konrad Zoller was a second generation German pilot, and one of history's first super-human mutants. During training his had mechanical problems and he bailed out without a parachute. That was the first time he flew, and was soon after recruited by the SS and awared his codename, 'Red Eagle'. During the war, he often fought with American Hero Freedom Eagle, often outwitted by the slower flier. Eventually, he was captured and imprisoned for the rest of his life.

•I like Roter Adler because he really feels like a one-note Golden Age character. He can fly fast, and that gives him two neat benefits-a shockwave for offense, and a protective force field, and that's pretty much it. He's fairly limited offensively, with only his undercapped shockwave. But then he can always do stuff like grab someone, fly into the lower Troposphere, and drop them for rank 16 Damage. Plus, fliers are just cool.

Donar, Lord of Thunder
PL 11 182

Abilities

Strength 9, Stamina 12, Agility 1, Dexterity 1, Fighting 8, Intellect 0, Awareness 2, Presence 2

Powers
Magic Hammer (Easily Removable) 29
Lightning Bolt Blast 12
Hammer Strike Strength-based Damage 3, Ranged
Weather Control Environment 11 (8 miles), Cold, Impede Movement

Invulnerable Impervious Toughness 9, Immunity 15 (cold, heat, fatigue, weather descriptor) 24
God of Strength Power Lifting 4 (200 tons) 4
Thunderclap Auditory Dazzle 9, Burst Area, Close Range 18
Shockwave Cone Area Extra on Strength Damage 1

Advantages: All-out Attack, Ranged Attack 7, Fearless, Improved Smash, Power Attack, Takedown, Languages 2 (Old Norse, English, base-German)

Skills Intimidate 8 (+10), Expertise (Norse myths) 4 (+4), Perception 2 (+4), Insight 4 (+6), Ranged Combat (hammer) 2 (+10)

Offense
Initiative +2
Hammer +10 Damage 12

Defense
Dodge 9 (8), Parry 9 (1)
Toughness 12, Fortitude 12, Will 6 (4)

Abilities 70+Powers 76+Advantages 13+Skills 10+Defenses 13=182

•Karl Reinhardt was a skilled German soldier who was used as part of a Thule Society ritual to draw upon the power of the Aesir. One of two successful attempts, Reinhardt became Donar, god of thunder, mystically bound to the Nazi cause. Of course, Donar was less of a super soldier and more of a one man wrecking crew. During the Battle of Berlin, Donar planned to make a glorious last stand and take as many Allies as he could, but Adrian Eldrich broke the spell that bound Donar to Reinhardt, leaving him powerless. Reinhardt was eventually put on trial and executed, via the electric chair.

•Donar has the most raw power of the Ubersoldaten, although he is somewhat undercapped on defense. His Impervious lets him ignore your average soldier and their weapons, and he can go toe-to-toe with any one of the superheroes of his time. Nazi Thor is not to be underestimated and can powerattack for up to rank 17 damage. Still, he's a simple fighter and easily outwitted by smarter foes.

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Donar is also the reason why you see no Norse-empowered heroes or villains in the mainstream Freedom City universe (Magni, as a member of the Alterni-teens, is an exception). Basically, the Norse pantheon were so disgusted that they wound up unintentionally allied with the Nazis that they severed all ties with our dimension.

Any plans on tackling the Ubermenschen from Time of Crisis, the tributes to Marvel's Freedom Force?

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arthur Eld »

I actually posted the Ubermenschen a few pages back. Not sure if they're listed on my index, though. If not I'll rectify that soon.

And yeah, Donar and Valkyrie are a big part of why the Norse gods uphold the Ban. Although I kind of doubt they were bothered so much by what the Nazis were doing with their power, and more so that they had wrongly appropriated it in the first place.

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

1,111-1,115

Post by Arthur Eld »

Die Walküre
PL 10 141

Abilities

Strength 7, Stamina 6, Agility 1, Dexterity 1, Fighting 9, Intellect 0, Awareness 3, Presence 3

Powers
Magic Sword (Easily Removable) 3
Mystic Edge Strength-based Damage 4, Improved Critical

Magic Armor (Removable) 10
Impenetrable Protection 5, Impervious Toughness 7

Super-Strength Power Lifting 2 (12 tons 2
Sturm Summon 3, Continuous, Heroic 15

Advantages: Accurate Attack, Animal Empathy, Attractive, Fearless, Improved Initiative, Improved Smash, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 8, Takedown, Weapon Bind, Language 1 (English)

Skills: Intimidate 8 (+11), Expertise (Norse mythology) 6 (+6), Athletics 3 (+10), Perception 6 (+9), Investigation 4 (+4), Insight 6 (+9)

Offense
Initiative +5
Sword +9 Damage 11

Defense
Dodge 9 (8), Parry 9
Toughness 11, Fortitude 11 (5), Will 6 (3)

Abilities 60+Powers 30+Advantages 18+Skills 17+Defenses 16=141

Complications
Normal Identity Ingrid is normally just your average woman, and has no powers or real combat ability before transforming by speaking a magic invocation.
Summoned creature wrote:Sturm PL 5
Strength 4, Stamina 6, Agility 1, Dexterity -4, Fighting 3, Intellect -3, Awareness -1, Presence 0

Powers
Animal Senses Senses 2 (Extended vision, low-light vision) 2
Fast Speed 3 3
Wings Flight 5, Wings 5
Mystic Nature Protection 1, Impervious Toughness 7 8

Skills: Perception 4 (+5)

Offense Initiative +1, Unarmed +3 Damage 4

Defense
Dodge 2 (1), Parry 3
Toughness 7, Fortitude 6, Will 1
Abilities 12+Powers 18+Skills 2+Defenses 1=33
•Ingrid Hildebrant was the daughter of a member of the Thule Society, who volunteered her for an empowerment ritual, a ritual that would only work for a woman. After the magics were completed, Ingrid was the host to the spirit and power of the Aesir's shield maidens, making her the most powerful woman in Germany. As the war went on, Ingrid's identity was subsumed by her Valkyrie persona as she gathered the souls of the living in combat, eventually taking Donar as a lover due to their connection. Like Donar, her powers were stripped away by Eldrich, and this drove her insane. She spent the rest of her life in a mental institution, only once menacing the world again in the 60s when her powers were briefly returned.

•A straightforward scapper, Valkyrie will tear through squads of normal sodliers, either on foot or astride her magic summoned horse. By no means a complicated build, she is also fairly effective.

Schlasbringer
PL 8 129

Abilities

Strength 1, Stamina 5, Agility 2, Dexterity 2, Fighting 8, Intellect 3, Awareness 3, Presence 2

Powers
Armor and attached gas-gun (Removable) 28
Armor plating Protection 6
Sleep Gas Ranged Cloud Area Cumulative Affliction 6, Impaired/Stunned/Incapacitated
Slow Toxin Cloud Area Blast 6, Resisted by Fortitude, Secondary Effect
Concealing Mist Cloud Area 2 Concealment 3 Attack, Continuous, Fades, Visual and scent
Paralytic Gas Ranged Cumulative Cloud Affliction 6, Hindered/Immobile/Paralyzed
Stunning Gas Ranged Cumulative Cloud Affliction 6, Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated

Altered Body Immunity 5 (gases and toxins) 5

Advantages: Great Endurance, Ranged Attack 6, Fearless, Startle

Skills: Technology 12 (+15), Intimidate 10 (+12), Expertise (science) 8 (+11), Treatment 6 (+9), Perception 4 (+7), Investigation 4 (+7)

Offense
Unarmed +8 Damage 1

Defense
Dodge 8 (6), Parry 8
Toughness 8, Fortitude 8 (3), Will 7 (4)

Abilities 52+Powers 33+Advantages 9+Skills 22+Defenses 13=129

•Hermann Karse was a Nazi officer in command of death camp research facilities, conducting foul experiments on prisoners. Eventually, he was doused with poison fumes as a berserk prisoner rioted in his death throes. Karse was burned and disfigured, and driven mad. He began using weaponized poisons and other toxins, and he became the Sleep-bringer, one of the most feared Nazi agents. While Donar might smash a few tanks and Roter Adler could knock Mustangs out of the sky, Schlasbringer was working on ways to poison the waters of England and America, and constructed experimental weapons more deadly than tabun or other toxic weapons at the time. Luckily, Allied heroes were able to thwart his schemes and eventually Karse was captured after the war's end and executed for his crimes.

•Kind of a weak PL 8, Sclashbringer relies on his deadly area attacks, which are all undercapped. Still, characters with low Fortitude have a lot to fear from him, and he can wipe out swaths of enemy soldiers en masse. GMs wanting to make him more of a one-on-one threat can give him regular ranged versions of his attacks without Area to reflect focused blasts of gas.

Sea-Wolf
PL 10 163

Abilities

Strength 6, Stamina 6, Agility 4, Dexterity 4, Fighting 10, Intellect 0, Awareness 3, Presence 1

Powers
Sea Beast Immunity 3 (cold, drowning, pressure), Swimming 7, Movement 1 (Environmental adaptation-aquatic) 12
Hunter Scent 5 (Danger Sense, Darkvision, Acute Scent, Ultra-hearing) 5
Ups Leaping 2 2
Claws Strength-based Damage 2 2
Rage Enhanced Strength 2, Fades 2

Advantages: Agile Feint, All-out Attack, Animal Empathy, Defensive Roll 2, Great Endurance, Evasion, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Ranged Attack 6, Startle, Uncanny Dodge

Skills: Acrobatics 10 (+14), Athletics 8 (+14), Intimidate 12 (+13), Perception 10 (+13), Investigation 12 (+12), Insight 8 (+11), Stealth 12 (+16)

Offense
Initiative +8
Claws +10 Damage 8/10

Defense
Dodge 12 (8), Parry 12 (2)
Toughness 8/6, Fortitude 10 (4), Will 8 (5)

Abilities 68+Powers 23+Advantages 17+Skills 36+Defenses 19=163

•Gustav Russov was an SS officer rounding up Romany families to be shipped to prison and death camps. During one such assignment, he was cursed by an old gypsy woman, and then later assigned to escort Thule magicians plumbing the ocean depths for the treasures of Atlantis. There, the power of the Deep Ones' magic transformed Russov into the Sea-Wolf, a feral predator. The Atlanteans and Siren drove him off, and when he returned to the Fatherland he joined the Ubersoldaten. He followed Wilhem Kantor faithfully, as the mystic German promised he could undo the curse, eventually. Towards the war's end, Sea-Wolf abducted Siren, hoping to sacrifice her for greater power and control over his form. He was deeply wound by Prince Thallor, Sea-King, and buried in collapsing undersea ruins.

•Your typical were-wolf man with the added odd touch of being an aquaitc predator, Sea-Wolf is deadly on land and in the water. As such he could be assigned to to conduct missions of terror in England, and spring up anywhere the heroes might be in Europe near a large body of water. He needs to rage to hit his offensive caps, and in the water he should have a clear advantage over most opponents.

Totenkopf
PL 9 159

Abilities

Strength 2, Stamina 2, Agility 2, Dexterity 2, Fighting 10, Intellect 3, Awareness 3, Presence 3

Powers
Death Touch Reaction Weaken Stamina 8, Incurable 33

Advantages: Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 4, Equipment 5, Evasion, Fearless, Startle, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Fast Grab, Leadership, Language 2 (English, French, base-German), Power Attack, Ranged Attack 7

Skills: Deception 6 (+9), Persuasion 6 (+9), Vehicles 5 (+7), Intimidation 10 (+13), Expertise (Tactics) 6 (+9), Vehicles 5 (+7), Treatment 2 (+5), Insight 8 (+11), Investigation 6 (+9), Stealth 4 (+6)

Offense
Initiative +6
Unarmed +10 Damage 2 or Weaken 8

Defense
Dodge 10 (8), Parry 10
Toughness 6/2, Fortitude 6 (4), Will 7 (4)

Abilities 54+Powers 33+Advantages 26+Skills 29+Defenses 16=159

•Johann Marz was a skilled SS commando, a member of the 3rd Division, "Death's Head", selected to test an invisibility serum. The treatment went wrong, and turned Marz's flesh invisible, killing his hair and leaving a skeleton figure with invisible flesh that secreted a deadly toxin. Totenkopf became a ruthless and powerful figure in High Command, with only Geistmann and Kantor as rivals. He worked as the deadly assassin of the Reich, often with saboteurs and spies in Allied countries, leaving the withered corpses of English and American intelligence officers. He fought the Patriot many times, and eventually died in one such battle near the end of the war in a secret-weapons factory.

•Totenkopf was listed as a PL 8 in Golden Age, but due to his powers he's actually a PL 9. He can power attack and dish out some serious damage, enough to basically insta-kill your average person. It also makes fighting him hand-to-hand a foolish prospect. He's got the right mix of intelligence, drive and ruthlessness to accomplish a lot. GMs who want him to not be dead can use him as the leader of a Neo-Nazi group in the modern day.

Wilhelm Kantor
PL 10 150

Abilities

Strength 2, Stamina 2, Agility 2, Dexterity 2, Fighting 9, Intellect 6, Awareness 5, Presence 5

Advantages: Defensive Roll 3, Equipment 10, Improvised Tolls, Ritualist, Ranged Attack 7

Skills: Technology 12 (+18), Persuasion 8 (+13), Vehicles 4 (+6), Investigation 8 (+14), Intimidate 8 (+13), Expertise (magic) 12 (+18), Expertise (current events) 6 (+12), Expertise (Science) 12 (+18), Perception 6 (+11), Insight 8 (+13)

Offense
Initiative +2
Luger +9 Damage 4

Defense
Dodge 9 (7), Parry 9
Toughness 5/2, Fortitude 9 (7), Will 11 (6)

Abilities 66+Advantages 22+Skills 42+Defenses 20=150

•Before he became Overshadow, Wilhelm Kantor was a powerful figure in the Thule Society. He was part of the expedition that journeyed to Ultima Thule, and his rhetoric helped lure Kal-Zed, Superior, into joining the outside world. Kantor created most of the Nazi's mystic-powered agents, and decimated the early Allied superheroes in Poland, 1941. During the war, he discovered his past as Tan-Aktor, priest of Set, and knew he was destined for more than the Reich. He escaped with money, scientific secrets and occult artifacts, killing members of the Allies of Freedom as he and Nacht-Krieger escaped. In South America he became Overshadow and founded SHADOW, becoming a menace for the entire world continuing to the present day.

•PL 10 only by virtue of his Defenses, Kantor is a planner and behind the scenes guy, not a fighter. He doesn't reach full team-beating world crusher status until he becomes Overshadow, a PL 15 recurring menace. Still, he can use Ritualist to get some pretty big magic effects, most likely empowering other Ubersoldaten to make them even more of a threat to the heroes.