World of Freedom: FC Setting Builds....

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: World of Freedom: Aliens, Samhain, Ultramind & Count Rei

Post by Crinos » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:55 am

Yeah, probably one of my favorite parts about running Death's head was putting together his elite guard.

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:57 am

Kreuzritter wrote:Reich's also more of a lead from the rear/stack the deck kind of villain, almost certainly never seen without his own quirky miniboss squad to back him up
Crinos wrote:Yeah, probably one of my favorite parts about running Death's head was putting together his elite guard.
I got that idea from what I read about Reich, but at the moment I don't have any ideas on who to use for his secondarys but I'm sure I'll come up with something by the time I use Death's Head in game. Plus I've gotten him reworked as a PL 14 now and am much happier with the outcome.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arkrite » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:59 am

The players, on the otherhand, live in fear ;~)

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Crinos » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:11 am

Tattooedman wrote:
Kreuzritter wrote:Reich's also more of a lead from the rear/stack the deck kind of villain, almost certainly never seen without his own quirky miniboss squad to back him up
Crinos wrote:Yeah, probably one of my favorite parts about running Death's head was putting together his elite guard.
I got that idea from what I read about Reich, but at the moment I don't have any ideas on who to use for his secondarys but I'm sure I'll come up with something by the time I use Death's Head in game. Plus I've gotten him reworked as a PL 14 now and am much happier with the outcome.
Well here's what I had for the Deaths Head Lieutenants:

Hope (From Xena Warrior Princess): Telekinetic Anti Christ.
Jabra (From One Piece): Martial artist werewolf and assassin
Kroenen (From Hellboy): Steampunk Nazi cyborg.
Noseybonk (The internet): Kids show character turned homicidal maniac.
Drusilla (Buffy the vampire slayer): Insane prophetic vampire (Not actually a full member, just helping Reich hunt down dragonballs).

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Kreuzritter » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:33 am

crinoverse aside, I figure Reich is more the rolodex type when he needs a named goon squad. just flip through for a random selection of sumbags from a pool of which supervillains would be willing to work for reich
Kreuz Control Promotions: over 2800 builds served, and counting...
Crinoverse: Contributions

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Crinos » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:37 am

I kinda have to disagree. As noted above, Reich is vile enough that even most villains hate him, so for someone to want to work for Reich would take a special kind of deranged.

He's basically Red Skull to Overshadow's Baron Zemo. Whereas Overshadow could probably get a bunch of villains together to do whatever he needs, cause he has that much villain cred, Reich only has his own private fanclub of worthless wastes of humanity to work for him.

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:27 pm

I'm with Crinos on this one. It takes a special kind of nutball, whackjob, screwloose type to be willing to work with Reich.

The good news is that after looking over the list Crinos was kind enough to share I've got a couple ideas brewing, have to see where they go.

-- Chiun

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Kreuzritter » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:47 pm

Tattooedman wrote:I'm with Crinos on this one. It takes a special kind of nutball, whackjob, screwloose type to be willing to work with Reich..
oh I wasn't arguing that, it just limits Reich's rolodex of EVUL! to the worst of the worst, or whoever's corpse he's had reanimated to act as his bodyguard

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:48 pm

Kreuzritter wrote:
Tattooedman wrote:I'm with Crinos on this one. It takes a special kind of nutball, whackjob, screwloose type to be willing to work with Reich..
oh I wasn't arguing that, it just limits Reich's rolodex of EVUL! to the worst of the worst, or whoever's corpse he's had reanimated to act as his bodyguard
Ah, I see. Good point then.

-- Chiun

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by catsi563 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:49 pm

yeah a guy that nihilistic just tends to rub people the wrong way to his detriment. That saud though it leaves a world of options as you can come up with totally brutal and nasty evil types.

Im also of the pl 10-11 being fine for him camp. Reichs one of those villians that the players should have to slog through umteen hundred minions, and then an elite guard and trap upon uncounted trap to get to him, and once they do, they get the insane pleasure of beating the schmuck within an inch of his afterlife and get to do so gleefuly and with no loss of sleep.

save that is from the nightmares they suffer from having to egt to him in the first place.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Kreuzritter » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:23 am

honestly, having slept on it, Reich's the kind of guy to go with a "Legion of The Unliving" posse of famous dead heroes & villains slaved to his will

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:28 pm

I had similar thoughts last night after doing some brainstorming Kreuz. I've already got a short list of who could be in it, but I'm going to hold off on sharing it until I get them all built.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Gene Nation & Genesis Island

Post by Tattooedman » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:40 pm

Gene Nation:

The Gene Nation is the largest and powerful metahuman organization in the world; its mission is to oppose the persecution of metahumanity throughout the world by whatever means are needed. Though a terrorist organization, the group has an arguably admirable goal. Cassius Mass, who uses the alias of the Red King, leads the Gene Nation and his dreams of a metaman utopia overwhelm the better angels of his nature. Individual members are not only dedicated foes of metaman oppression, but are often racist against Homo Sapiens. Indeed, some of the most fanatical members desire nothing less than the total extinction of “normal” humans.

The Gene Nation is an influential organization with many sympathizers around the world and extensive resources – including its own sovereign country, Genesis Island. Despite its influence, many observers feel that its continual militant activities for the cause of greater metahuman rights will inevitably lead to open conflict with other nations.

The excesses of the Iron Age (particularly the coup attempt in the US by the Syndicate of Seven and the metaman criminal army they’d managed to raise) resulted in a huge worldwide surge of suspicion and fear regarding metamen. With so many superhumans considering themselves above the laws of ‘normal humans’ and having turned to crime, the public demanded registration for metamen and the incarceration of any who refused. Foreseeing a movement that would aim to destroy metamen as an emerging race, the Red King began a terrorist-like campaign to combat this rising tide of superhuman persecution.

Taking his example from his deceased friend and metahuman separatist, Helios the Sun King, the Red King quickly attracted a brotherhood of metaman followers who were absolutely dedicated to him. While the Red King attempted to minimize civilian casualties, in the early 2000’s, he made several brutal ‘examples’ out of racist groups and hate mongers that he believed deserved no mercy. These ‘examples’ backfired and further radicalized the United States sentiment against metamen. The American government responded by greatly expanding the number and scope of programs to regulate and control all metamen within its borders. Measures once considered extreme and unthinkable, such as the towering Exterminator robots, control collars, and heavily armed squads of government troopers hunting down metamen became more and more common. It seemed that war in the US was inevitable between metamen and humans; a war that metamen likely couldn’t win.

Irritatingly, a group of fellow metamen led by his own sister Serena Mass (aka Madame Tomorrow), the Tomorrow Society, oppose the Red King more than any other gathering of heroes. Despite the fact that he believes he was fighting primarily for his sister, the Red King has been opposed at every turn by her and her followers. Their blood ties prevent either group from moving to destroy the other outright, but their enmity is violent and entrenched.

The Red King attempted to construct a haven for metamen in space, on an asteroid that he had converted into a massive orbital colony. Unfortunately many world leaders were concerned that this base would place him in a position of absolute tactical domination over the planet below. The asteroid was knocked out of the sky by both the Sentinels and the Freedom League as well as the Tomorrow Society and it crash landed into the Pacific. However the Red King rallied his people and together they transformed the downed asteroid into an island paradise. Then the Red King pleaded for legitimacy before the UN Council and was granted a pardon for his past crimes, as well as certain members of the Harbingers. To the world at large, Genesis Island is simply another member of the brotherhood of nations, and the Gene Nation is no longer a terrorist force and has become simply a militant political party.

They could not be more wrong.

Cassius Mass has no desire to make peace with humanity. Thrown forward several decades in time during an adventure, the Red King saw a dystopian future that convinced him that war between Metahuman kind and Homo Sapiens is inevitable – and he’s determined to make sure that his side wins. Everything he has done, from founding a metahuman nation to pleading with the UN to pardon him, has the aim of giving him the time, freedom and resources he needs to prepare for this ultimate conflict. Some might suggest that the Red King is paranoid and irrational. He would respond that his fears are based in the future he has seen first hand; a war is coming and he and his army will be prepared to do what they must to survive it.

There are a few unique groups that live on Genesis Island along with the thousands of people, both metahuman and human, that populate the island, though each group has vastly different responsibilities; the Sympathizers Corps and the Harbingers.

The largest group is the Sympathizers Corps, which are, ironically, comprised of regular human beings who have allied with the Gene Nation in exchange for cures to terminal diseases or the promise of powers. The Sympathizers are not treated particularly well by the metahuman members of the population but are well trained and in some cases very well armed.

The other group is the Harbingers; metamen who are officially disavowed by the Red King but who serve him just the same. They exist to eliminate all threats to metahuman kind, operating as a black ops unit for Gene Nation. Most of the time when on assignment the Harbingers will stay at one of the many hidden bases, that have been secretly built and installed, all around the world. Theses bases tend to be styled after a military bunker and tend to be hidden underneath the metahuman assistance centers that have been established globally. These were created to give all metahumanity a place that any metaman can come to in an effort to travel to Genesis Island to apply for residence.

Notable Members of the Harbingers:

Hemingway - Possesses superhuman strength and endurance, can greatly increase his size and mass. He also has bone spikes protruding from his shoulders, back and forearms that can be used offensively.

Sack – A metaman whose semi-liquid form allows him to encase the bodies of others in a clear membrane that lets him control that person.

Fever Pitch – A living skeleton from his powers, he generates intense heat at all times from within what is left of his body that can be used offensively in discharges of flame.

Membrane – His body is now made of a brain altering mucus that can be reshaped at will or used as projectiles that are capable of stunning opponents. He can also leave parts of him behind in an area and mentally access the pieces to be used like a spy camera.

Ever – His body is composed primarily of compacted gray matter, making him physically weak but in return giving him vast psionic abilities; such as telepathy, telekinesis, astral projection, mind control, mental scanning of areas and teleportation.

Totentanz – Superhuman physicality along with being able to regenerate from virtually any injure and the ability to psionically disorientate people. He also carries a set of Omni-Steel spears as personal weapons.

Leviathan – Has body-wide aquatic mutations combined with a larger than normal body frame and senses that make him a predator in the water.

Epoch – His body is now unstable energy that is dangerous to those around him because of how it rapidly fluctuates, so he must wear a specially made suit to help him to regulate his powers.

Geryon – His body mass is constantly shifting and moving, making it difficult for him to hold any one form for any serious length of time over fifteen minutes.

Genesis Island:

Genesis Island’s origin begins with Asteroid-1010, set into Earth orbit by the Thran, it was hollowed out and turned into an observation post to watch over humanity’s genetic development. The Red King managed to forge a pact with the Thran before turning the asteroid into a utopia for metahumans, so they could be free of the hatred and persecution they’d been forced to deal with planet side. Fearing orbital attack, the United Nations authorized an attack by the Sentinels and the Freedom League (the Tomorrow Society lent their aid as well but were not asked to take part given their poor standing) that ended with the asteroid being knocked from space.

Centurion, straining to the very limits of his physical strength, successfully slowed the asteroid so that it could land safely in the South Seas. It was briefly believed that the Red King had perished in the conflagration; however Cassius Mass survived the disaster and soon emerged, claiming the island as sovereign territory of the Gene Nation.

Surprisingly, the United Nations chose to recognize the sovereignty claim of Cassius Mass and Genesis Island. Having discovered a cure for several forms of cancer and other plagues, Cassius bargained his genetic knowledge in exchange for political favors. Secretly utilizing Thran technology in combination with select Gene Nation member’s unique abilities, he transformed the island’s barren surface into a lush fertile paradise while constructing futuristic housing for the Metahuman Empire that he envisioned. Cassius then opened his borders to the metamen refugees of the world, offering unlimited education and healthcare to those who met his genetic requirements. Seemingly overnight, Genesis Island bristled with hundreds of thousands of inhabitants.

Genesis Island is a sovereign monarchy with Cassius Mass as Emperor. The Red King does little ruling, but instead focuses his efforts on plotting against the rest of the world. Instead, a select group of overseers handle the majority of the country’s decisions. These overseers are an elite council composed of metahumans that rule absolutely but are not particularly tyrannical.

Genesis Island has the world’s largest population of metamen, with close to a hundred thousand. Metahuman refugees from all over the world are welcomed in Genesis Island, often fleeing persecution in their homelands. Despite Cassius Mass’ best efforts, most of the population is not eager to go to war with the rest of the world. The population of Genesis Island also includes regular humans who handle most of the physical labor on the island. There have been civil disturbances and even a brief war fought over the rights of regular humans. Cassius Mass has learned the hard way that he cannot take his ‘normal’ human population for granted.

Genesis Island’s economy is chiefly based on medical exports. It is one of the most advanced nations in the world, thanks to the Red King’s inventions and reverse-engineering of Thran technology. It is a nuclear-capable nation and no country in the world wants to attempt to oppose the Red King with the threat of annihilation hanging over their head. Ironically, its nuclear power is mild compared to the power of its most powerful metamen inhabitants.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Project: Icarus

Post by Tattooedman » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:56 pm

Project: Icarus:

Project: Icarus is the brain child of Colonel John Moriarty (a.k.a. James Moriarty III) who created a think-tank that was devoted to countering the Nazi super-soldiers as well as the special weapons Nazi scientists developed for the war effort. After the Allies’ victory, Project: Icarus was expanded drastically by the addition of defected Nazi scientists brought in by Moriarty despite the fact that several of these individuals were war criminals, they were allowed to continue their research in the interests of ‘national security’ and were supposedly under the watchful eye of Moriarty.

The Roswell crash (that in truth was a Grue scout ship) is was what truly changed Project: Icarus from a government research project to the rogue agency that it has become as their focus shifted to developing the means of repelling possible alien invaders. Generals and politicians, terrified by the possibility of alien invasion, devoted large amounts of black budget funding to Project: Icarus to develop a viable defense against extra-terrestrial attack. They were allowed to conduct experiments on criminals as well as the homeless and minorities as part of their efforts to produce superhuman weapons for the United States. In secret, Project: Icarus conducted large scale tests on isolated communities that often resulted in cancer and other adverse side effects, the most well known of these experiments is the creation of what’s now known as the Wild Card Virus, which is responsible for many of the physically mutated metamen in the population today.

The last President of the United States to know about Project: Icarus’ true nature was Richard Nixon and his attempts to regulate them resulted in his eventual departure of his office and the only thing that former President Nixon really managed to do was force Icarus into going underground. The current administration only knows that Project: Icarus (though their operating name has since been changed several times and is a highly classified secret) is a think tank devoted to metaman research and is also tied to a black operations team that conducts missions for the C.I.A. Project: Icarus’ current heads are devoted to their goal of creating superhuman soldiers that can be used to repulse threats to interests of the United States and to that end Project: Icarus clandestinely kidnaps any metamen that refuses to work voluntarily for them and the government. They also support ‘genetic cleansing’ of all metamen that have ‘useless mutations’, though many are dissected for scientific research to gain a better understanding of how certain powers are triggered while those who do agree to work for Icarus are brainwashed as well; in their case they are given a set of orders to fall back on as well as being turned into remorseless killing machines that rarely question their orders.

Project: Icarus has no centralized facilities, however they do have numerous research laboratories spread throughout the United States, and have begun outsourcing many of their most gruesome experiments abroad, in countries where regulation is far looser and they have less to deal with aside from their “real work”. Project: Icarus is resistant to oversight of any kind and have their own private mercenary force of its own people to avoid scrutiny from the United States military. Otherwise the Project has vanished into the cracks, insinuated so deep in the monolithic bureaucracy of the US Government that it would be impossible to loose them.

Those in charge of Project: Icarus are more concerned about other villainous groups than they are about superheroes. While the Tomorrow Society works to expose Icarus to the public, there other groups who are less concerned with bringing the members of Project: Icarus to justice (such as Gene Nation, and the Psions) and will simply kill any members they encounter. Of course this is something the powers that be at the Project expect from the people they are experimenting on and have several plans ready to be put to use depending on what group they are dealing with.

Those in charge of Project: Icarus tend to talk a lot about the metahuman menace but the truth is that the Project itself is just as much of a menace in their own right – they kidnap young metahumans to experiment upon to better understand how naturally occurring abilities are triggered, or subjecting older metahumans to brainwashing procedures that turn them into ruthless assassins that they put to work. The Project also makes it a point to determine the viability of various processes that have shown to be effective in triggering the emergence of metaman abilities, for use in other, future experiments. There have even be a few times in the last sixty years that someone in charge at the Project decided to allow giant monsters to escape from custody and go on rampages to see how effective it would be as a biological weapon of mass destruction.

Of course most of the heroic community, from the Freedom League to the original FORCE Ops, has had some kind of dealings with Project: Icarus at one point or another in the course of their career, but the Tomorrow Society is the one group that devotes a large part of their time in thwarting the Project’s efforts.

What nobody realizes is that there is one person who controls Project: Icarus from the shadows for his own reasons. Someone who wants to gain a better understanding of metahuman physiology as well as develop countermeasures for all manner of metaman abilities – Taurus.

The old bull learned of Project: Icarus during the late 1960s and realizing the resources they possessed that weren’t readily available to him at that point, he decided to take them over. It’s thanks to him that Icarus has developed their focus on superhuman abilities and using metahuman agents to further their own agenda. Taurus gets a report on every experiment that Icarus does so he can monitor the progress they are making for him as well as allowing him to come up with new refinements for the DNAsendent Process. What his final plans for the information he’s been gathering for over several decades is anyone’s guess but it’s a sure bet that it won’t be anything good for anyone.

Notable Members:

-Baron Werner Von Blitzschlag: A former Nazi scientist, Von Blitzschlag was brought into Project: Icarus at the end of World War II and given a full pardon for his former crimes thanks to his knowledge being deemed useable and needed by the American Government. He’s been part of the Project ever since and has worked his way up through the ranks so that he’s now the chief scientist for Project: Icarus.

-Admiral William Stryker: A high ranking officer of the United States Navy, Stryker is the only remaining connection between Project: Icarus and the US Government. Stryker only supports the Project because of his hatred of metahumans and an equally strong desire to use metamen as weapons for the government to use as deemed necessary.

-Weapon P.R.I.M.E.: Project: Icarus' covert superhuman arm, They have the task of doing the leg work for Project: Icarus. They frequently go overseas to perform covert attacks on the nation’s enemies (or at least the ones those in charge of Project: Icarus perceive), and have even broken into such places like the Lighthouse and Champion’s Tower to gain information on the members of those teams. The roster of Weapon P.R.I.M.E. is constantly shifting as old members escape or are killed during the course of a mission and new ones are brought in.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:53 am, edited 4 times in total.

-- Chiun

ClassDunce
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by ClassDunce » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:59 pm

Oh...

So you're going to make me beg for the roster of Weapon P.R.I.M.E. Alright I can do that, I never claimed to be prideful.
"When they ask how I died, tell them: still angry." - Quellcrist Falconer