World of Freedom: FC Setting Builds....

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: World of Freedom: Aliens, Samhain, Ultramind & Count Rei

Post by Tattooedman » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:46 pm

Well, once I have a solid idea of exactly who is on the roster of Weapon P.R.I.M.E. I will add that to the post. I'm still kind of sorting that info out at the moment (currently I've been working on who's kicking around with Count Reich and Death's Head).
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

The Red King

Post by Tattooedman » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:53 pm

The Red King:
PL:
Strength 2
Stamina 2
Agility 2
Dexterity 2
Fighting 6
Intellect 7
Awareness 7
Presence 7

Skills: Deception 8 (+15), Expertise [Computers] 9 (+16), Expertise [Current Events] 14 (+21), Expertise [Life Sciences] 15 (+22), Expertise [Science] 15 (+22), Insight 8 (+15), Intimidation 8 (+15), Investigation 6 (+13), Perception 8 (+15), Persuasion 8 (+15), Technology 15 (+22), Vehicles [Air] 5 (+7), Vehicles [Land] 5 (+7), Vehicles [Sea] 5 (+7)

Advantages: Assessment, Close Attack 2, Daze [Deception], Equipment 20, Fascinate [Persuasion], Improvised Tools, Inventor, Ranged Attack 6, Second Chance [Interaction], Skill Mastery 4 [Expertise (Computers), Expertise (Science), Expertise (Life Sciences), Technology], Speed of Thought, Takedown, Well-Informed

Powers: Empathic Projection: Ranged Affliction 10 [Entranced, Compelled, Transformed (emotions); resisted by Will] (Extras: Cumulative, Perception); (Feat: Subtle 2)
Empathic Reading: Mind Reading 11 (Flaw: Limited [Emotions Only])

Red King Armor: (Removable -22 pts) [88 pp]
Armor Plating: Protection 5 (Extra: Impervious 2)
Environmental Seals: Immunity 9 [Disease, Environmental Cold, Environmental Heat, Poison, Pressure, Radiation, Suffocation, Vacuum]
Kinetic Generator: Move Object 13 (Extras: Perception, Damaging); (Feat: Precise)
-Kinetic Bolts: Ranged Damage 13 (Extra: Area [Shapeable])
Kinetic Field: Force Field 10 [Extras: Continuous Duration, Impervious]
Sensors: Senses 10 [Vision (Extended 2, Penetrates Concealment), Dark Vision, Infravision, Radio]

Offense: Initiative +9
Melee Attack +8
Ranged Attack +8

Defense: Dodge +9
Parry +9
Toughness +17* [*Impervious 12]
Fortitude +10
Will +15

Equipment: 100 ep as needed

Costs: Abilities 70+ Skills 45+ Advantages 41+ Powers 51+ Defenses 26= 233 pts.

Height: 6'2"
Weight: 180 lbs
Hair: Blonde
Eye Color: Blue

Complications:
Hatred: Of the hate group S.H.O.C.K. as well as Project: Icarus, for all the things the two groups have done to metahuman kind over the years. They are part of the reason the Red King acts the way he does towards humanity.

Hatred: Of his grand-uncle, Count Reich, for what he caused to happen to the Mass family (specifically his sister, Serena, and their parents).

Relationship: His sister, Serena Mass (aka Madame Tomorrow).

Reputation: The Red King is known as the leader of the Gene Nation; to some people he’s a terrorist while to others he’s a leader for metahuman rights. You either love him or hate him, there is no middle ground.

Responsibility: The Red king feels it is his duty to protect metahuman kind from the kind of persecution that the Jews suffered during the Holocaust (which tells you how he views how metamen are treated in general).

Responsibility: To protect and care for those that live on Genesis Island.

Secret: Without his armor the Red King is almost powerless.

Temper: The Red King has been known to lose his temper from time to time and make rash decisions.

Background: After the end of World War 2, many German scientists and occultists were rescued by the United States during Operation: Paperclip, including the ancestors of Cassius Mass. Unfortunately, not all of them abandoned their previous ties. During the mid 1970s, Cassius’ family had become involved with Death’s Head and the worship of Orkus but was defeated by the Sentinels and Adrian Eldrich finally in the 1980s. Cassius Mass, then barely a teenager at that point, was revolted by the discovery of what his family had secretly been up to and he took over the primary care of his sister, who was secretly the daughter of Orkus, using the Mass family fortune to buy off all the right people. From that experience Cassius was resolved to redeem the Mass family name.

Cassius dedicated himself to becoming a philanthropist, attempting to use his family’s fortune for good instead of evil. Becoming a student of medicine, he soon discovered that he had preternatural levels of intelligence and could influence the reactions of people around him. Never wanting for collaborators or funding, he become an avid researcher and his studies of the metagene had earned him a Nobel Prize by age 26. Cassius’ life was disrupted horribly when his sister manifested her own Metahuman abilities to warp the fabric of reality itself. Unfortunately, the tragic result of her power’s manifestation was the death of his recently freed parents and nearly the entire castle staff. The media, anxious to run stories about the dangers of metamen, immediately ran with the news. Suddenly Serena Mass became the poster child for the dangers of metamen and she was quickly vilified in the resulting trial. If not for the Freedom League agreeing to make sure she would be cared for and properly controlled, she would have been sentenced to spend the rest of her life in prison. Instead she was sent to live with Adrian Eldrich who taught her to control her new found powers.

Disgusted by the treatment that his sister received, Cassius resolved to create a network devoted to understanding the metagene and supporting Metahuman rights, which is when he met Helios the Sun King. Originally intending to pursue a peaceful path of finding metamen to educate them in their powers, Cassius was convinced by Helios that there were forces in the government devoted to wiping out or controlling metamen, especially after showing Cassius some of the horrific experiments done on metamen by Project: Icarus over the years. Afterwards Helios easily recruited Cassius as his personal scientist in his Alliance, an organization dedicated to violent Metahuman liberation. When Cassius next met his sister, he had reinvented himself as the Tomorrow Man, and over the next few years his following encounters with Serena were almost always violent. Though Cassius had no real desire to harm either his sister or her teammates, the Outsiders, he considered them dangerously misguided fools that he needed to show the truth to. When Helios sacrificed himself to save the metahuman race from a plot of Project: Icarus, Cassius had already been laying the groundwork of what would become Gene Nation (based on his disagreements with how Helios ran the Alliance more like a revolutionary force) and he brought in several members of the Alliance into his fledgling organization while leaving the more militant members (who were more loyal to Helios' ways) of the Alliance to take the fall for the crimes they had committed. Reinvented himself as the Red King, as Cassius' identity had never been made public, he opened the borders of Genesis Island to all the metahumans of the world.

Cassius has no real bigotry against normal humans, but he is appalled by mankind’s ignorance and spite but he considers these flaws of humanity’s cultures rather than their genetics. Instead, he views the rise in the Metahuman population as a chance to reinvent mankind as something better. He does not believe this is possible without violence and is determined to sweep away the old order to make room for his new one. As the world’s greatest geneticist, Cassius is constantly tinkering in his labs for new ways to enhance the human body and mind, believing that moral perfection will go hand in hand with mental and physical perfection. Cassius is something of a Renaissance man; having a love of art, classical music, fine cuisine, philosophy and learning. In truth he is a snob, even toward the majority of his fellow metamen. Cassius also has delusions of grandeur, thinking that he is the only one who can save metahuman kind. Nevertheless, he is an honorable opponent and particularly enjoys matching wits with adversaries he feels match his intellect. Because of his family’s history Cassius hates all magicians and he is enemies with Death’s Head, P.H.A.N.T.O.M. and S.H.O.C.K., as well as Project: Icarus especially due to their views/treatment of the metahuman community.

Cassius Mass uses the considerable intellectual and financial resources at his disposal to wage a never-ending campaign for Metahuman rights, sometimes through terrorist acts and attempts to punish or conquer nations that oppress metamen and sometimes through subtler means such as media manipulation and efforts to alter public opinions. Cassius Mass is a tall and handsome man in his late thirties who dresses in stylish, expensive suits when not wearing his Red King armor, which is very rare. The reason for this is simple: Cassius Mass is believed to one of the most powerful telekinetics in the world when in fact he is only a minor empath and emotion manipulator. Instead, his suit generates kinetic energy for various uses based on studies Cassius has done on telekinetic phenomena and without his suit Cassius possesses no offensive abilities.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

-- Chiun

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: World of Freedom: Gene Nation, Project: Icarus, Red King

Post by EnigmaticOne » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:20 am

High five, man. Also, props for fitting in Aberrant characters... it was a shame, great concept, some goodies at points, but crappy system, metaplot was pathetic, the factions and a whole lot of pertinent issues that could have been explored were ignored and/or poorly written.

Sorry, tangent. Props TM.
Impeach the peach!

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Crinos » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:15 am

EnigmaticOne wrote:High five, man. Also, props for fitting in Aberrant characters... it was a shame, great concept, some goodies at points, but crappy system, metaplot was pathetic, the factions and a whole lot of pertinent issues that could have been explored were ignored and/or poorly written.

Plus the fact it didn't easily list its major NPC's for reference. Instead burying them int he morass of their stupid ass metaplot.

Call me crazy, but when I buy an rpg book, I expect a [BUY SOME APPLES] rpg book, not a novel.

CelticREI
Luminary
Luminary

Post by CelticREI » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:57 pm

I love the fact you put in the folks of Gene Nation from X-Men fame, and that you changed the guy I based H4ck off of a bit lol (The picture I use is of "Reverb" Gene Nations mentalist, although their powers aren't exact, I -did- have him in mind when I changed H4ck from being a technomancer to a mentalist)
*Owl throws down a smoke pellet to cover escape*
*FLUME OF SLEEP GAS*
*THUD*
Owl: "zzzzzzzzzZZZZZzzz"
Batman: *facepalm*

GM - The Organization On Hold
Celt's Builds, and characters for other games

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:27 am

EnigmaticOne wrote:High five, man. Also, props for fitting in Aberrant characters... it was a shame, great concept, some goodies at points, but crappy system, metaplot was pathetic, the factions and a whole lot of pertinent issues that could have been explored were ignored and/or poorly written.

Thanks. And no worries on the tangent, I totally agree with you on Aberrant.

Crinos wrote:Plus the fact it didn't easily list its major NPC's for reference. Instead burying them int he morass of their stupid ass metaplot.

Call me crazy, but when I buy an rpg book, I expect a [BUY SOME APPLES] rpg book, not a novel.
Exactly Crinos. A lot of the ideas are interesting but the plot and the writer's efforts to come off as clever and smart buried what little good can be found (at least IMO), I ended up selling the book to a buddy who liked the art (him being a wanna-be comic book artist and the art was pretty good as a I recall). Then A couple months ago I went to a small, locally funded RPG convention (gotta love living near a college!) and I picked up the Team Tomorrow source book and read through the entire damn thing before getting to any hard stats, which I finally found in the last 5 pages, which reminded me of how crappy the Abberant book was. I'm so glad I only paid 2 bucks for the T2T book.
CelticREI wrote:I love the fact you put in the folks of Gene Nation from X-Men fame, and that you changed the guy I based H4ck off of a bit lol (The picture I use is of "Reverb" Gene Nations mentalist, although their powers aren't exact, I -did- have him in mind when I changed H4ck from being a technomancer to a mentalist)
Thanks. But I didn't use Reverb, I thought about it but with Ever a second psychic seemed a bit much.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Kroenen

Post by Tattooedman » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:54 pm

Kroenen:
PL:
Strength 5
Stamina --
Agility 5
Dexterity 5
Fighting 8
Intellect 3
Awareness 3
Presence 0

Skills: Acrobatics 7 (+12), Athletics 5 (+10), Close Combat [Tonfa Blades] 4 (+14), Expertise [Biology] 6 (+9), Expertise [Magic] 5 (+8.), Expertise [Opera] 6 (+9), Insight 8 (+11), Intimidation 10 (+10), Perception 8 (+11), Ranged Combat [Firearms] 3 (+8.), Stealth 7 (+12), Technology 6 (+9), Treatment 3 (+6)

Advantages: Agile Feint, Close Attack 2, Cunning Fighter, Equipment 2, Fearless, Follow-Up Strike, Improved Critical [Unarmed], Improved Defense, Improved Feint, Improved Initiative, Instant Up, Language [Base: German; English], Luck [Determination], Move-by Action, Power Attack, Precise Attack [melee; concealment], Quick Draw, Seize Initiative, Takedown 2, Trance

Powers: Clockwork Body:
Immunity 33 [Aging, Critical Hits, Fortitude Effects]
Immortality 5 [1 day] (Flaw: Limited [Body must be intact for windup])
Protection 8 (Extra: Impervious)

Tonfa Blades: (Easily Removable –10 pts) [15 pp]
Blade Strike: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 3 (Extra: Penetrating 8.); (Feats: Improved Critical 3, Improved Smash, Weapon Break, Variable Descriptor [piercing])
Spinning Blades:
Enhanced Dodge 4
Enhanced Parry 4

Offense: Initiative +9
Melee Attack +10 // Tonfa Blades Attack +14
Ranged Attack +5 // Firearms Attack +8

Defense: Dodge +14*/+10 [*w/ Tonfa Blades]
Parry +14*/+10 [*w/ Tonfa Blades]
Toughness +8
Fortitude N/A
Will +10

Equipment: Luger Po8 Pistol (treat as Heavy Pistol) [Ranged Damage 4]

Costs: Abilities 48+ Skills 27+ Advantages 22+ Powers 69+ Defenses 14= 180 pts.

Height: 5’9”
Weight: 300 lbs
Hair: None
Eye Color: Blue

Complications:
Disability: Due to all the modifications done to his body Kroenen cannot speak, though in the past he has demonstrated the ability to produce a laughing-like noise (but those that have heard it describe it as very inhuman and cold).

Loyalty: Kroenen is blindly loyal to Count Reich and would sacrifice himself without hesitation to further the other man’s plans and goals.

Obsession: Kroenen has a unique form of body dysmorphic disorder that has been labeled as surgical addition, he is obsessed with his own physical perfection by way of incorporating mechanical devices into his body. He has a prosthetic left hand, a steel rod in place of his spine, and a clockwork heart which is operated by a wind-up key that is implanted in his chest. By this point in his life all of Kroenen’s blood has dried up, leaving only dust in his veins which has left him invulnerable to injury via fire arms or other forms of penetration that would normally damage a person (such as stabbing). Kroenen has also removed his eyelids, lips, and his toe and finger nails and wears a custom designed gas mask to filter out germs from the air he breathes. It is difficult to think what Kroenen’s next improvement might be as at this point his body is mostly artificial instead of biological.

Background: Karl Ruprecht Kroenen was a musical prodigy with angelic features and blonde hair, who toured the capitals of Europe singing opera until his voice deepened with the onset of puberty, thus ending his career. From a very early age Kroenen demonstrated symptoms of masochism, whipping himself with a fresh branch of oak each day and finding pleasure in the pain he caused himself.

As a teenager, he loathed his awkwardness and developed an extreme form of body dysmorphic disorder which led to his obsession with physical perfection, and he conducted brutal experiments on his own body; surgically removing his own eyelids, lips, and his toe and finger nails. He also designed and wore a tight-fitting gas mask to protect himself from germs. Kroenen became quite adept with mechanical devices, believing that fusing mechanical constructs with living bodies would help create physical perfection and during his time as commandant of Auschwitz concentration camp Kroenen performed hundreds of experiments in an effort to perfect his theories.

At some point during the 1930s Kroenen met Ludwig Von Mass and quickly became one of his most loyal disciples, joining Von Mass in the Nazi party. Kroenen quickly rose up through the ranks thanks to his viciousness and cruelty combined with his mechanical genius. During that time Kroenen supported Von Mass in the pursuit of his goals as well as helping to deal with the likes of Wilhelm Kantor and his followers in the Thule Society. It was during this time that Kroenen developed his skill as a fencer; becoming renowned for his swordsmanship and even creating his own signature swords.

Instead of traveling to America with Von Mass at the end of World War II, Kroenen instead went to South America to make preparations for Von Mass’ eventual arrival there. It was during this time that much of Kroenen’s radical body alterations (the implanting of his clockwork heart) were done and when Von Mass, who’d fully assumed the identity of Count Reich, finally arrived the Forth Reich was fully formed. Their first and most famous scheme, attempting to detonate a nuclear warhead on American soil to trigger a nuclear exchanged between the political super powers of the time, resulted in the death of Count Reich. In the time between then and when Count Reich was resurrected Kroenen kept the Forth Reich together and organized, sure that his master would eventually return.

Kroenen fully supports Count Reich without hesitation or question, carrying out his orders with the kind of cold efficiency one would expect from someone who controlled one of the largest Nazi death camps. Kroenen is not a foe to underestimate as he is more than willing to let an opponent win a few lesser fights to get a better understanding of them so that when the time comes to finally end them it will be a short and bloody affair.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Drake

Post by Tattooedman » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:02 pm

Drake:
PL:
Strength 7 (5)
Stamina 10 (7)
Agility 7 (5)
Dexterity 7 (5)
Fighting 8
Intellect 2
Awareness 5
Presence 4

Skills: Acrobatics 8 (+15), Expertise [History] 8 (+10), Expertise [Magic] 8 (+10), Insight 8 (+13), Intimidation 11 (+15), Perception 10 (+15), Persuasion 6 (+10), Sleight of Hand 8 (+15), Stealth 8 (+13)

Advantages: Benefit [Up the Walls (use Acrobatics for Climb checks)], Close Attack 3, Connected, Cunning Fighter, Defensive Attack, Defensive Strike, Daze [Intimidation], Equipment, Evasion, Hide In Plain Sight, Improved Block, Improved Feint, Improved Initiative, Luck [Determination], Luck [Determined Recovery], Move-By Action, Multilingual, Power Attack, Precise Attack [melee; concealment], Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 2, Ritualist, Task Focus [Expertise (Magic): Vampire Lore], Takedown 2

Powers: White Court Vampire Physiology:
Immunity 2 [Aging, Disease]
Leaping 1
Speed 1
White Court Vampire Fear: Ranged Affliction 10 [Dazed, Compelled; resisted by Will] (Feat: Subtle); (Flaw: Limited Degree)
White Court Vampire Feeding:
Feeding On Fear: Weaken Awareness 10 [Resisted by Will] (Feat: Subtle)
-Kiss of Death: Weaken Stamina 10 [Resisted by Will] (Flaws: Grab-based, Distracting)
White Court Vampire Battle Fury:
Enhanced Strength 2
Enhanced Strength 3 (Flaw: Limited [Lifting Only])
Enhanced Stamina 3
Enhanced Agility 2
Enhanced Dexterity 2
Enhanced Advantages 5 [All-Out Attack, Close Attack 1, Evasion 1, Extraordinary Effort, Seize Initiative]
Enhanced Dodge 2
Enhanced Parry 2
Enhanced Leaping 1
Enhanced Speed 1
Regeneration 5 (1/every other round)
Elder Vampire: Morph 3 [humanoids] (Flaw: Limited [form must be of victim of Fear Feeding])

Bloodlance: (Easily Removable -4 pts) [7 pts]
Bloodlance Strike: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 3 (Extra: Penetrating 10); (Feats: Improved Critical, Split, Variable Descriptor [Piercing])

Offense: Initiative +11*/+9 [*Battle Fury]
Melee Attack +12*/+11 [*Battle Fury]
Ranged Attack +9*/+7 [*Battle Fury]

Defense: Dodge +12*/+10 [*Battle Fury]
Parry +12*/+10 [*Battle Fury]
Toughness +10*/+7 [*Battle Fury]
Fortitude +12*/+9 [*Battle Fury]
Will +10

Equipment: Knife [Strength-Based Damage 1; Improved Critical]

Costs: Attributes 82+ Skills 25+ Advantages 28+ Powers 83+ Defenses 14= 232 pts.

Height: 5’10”
Weight: Unknown
Hair: White
Eye Color: Amber

Complications:
Addiction: Drake is driven indulge his hunger to feed on human life force. The more he draws on his powers, the hungrier he becomes and the harder it is for him to resist the urge to feed.

Vulnerable: All White Court vampires are vulnerable to the touch of real love which they cannot defend against and kill them if they have enough exposure to it.

Weakness: As a White Court vampire, Drake must feed on a regular basis or become weakened and eventually die of starvation. This is never more apparent than after he comes out of a Battle Furry or when he is seriously injured.

Background: The White Court Vampire known as Drake has never spoken about why he no longer associates with his “family”, he only spits and mutters a brief, foul sounding saying in some old language that only he understands when someone mentions them.

How he came to work for Count Reich isn’t known either but Drake seems to willingly follow the orders he’s given. Given his heritage however it is a safe assumption that Count Reich has either promised something (either a rare artifact or a mystical service of some kind) that the vampire has a powerful need for.

Drake often comes across as a detached fighter, willing to take on any foe but will use any trick at his disposal to win. That said Drake is an impressive fighter and is able to hold his own against the likes of his fellow Death’s Head member Kroenen as well has possessing a deep understanding of magic which he often uses to help Count Reich.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Zankou

Post by Tattooedman » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:05 pm

(Demonic Form)

(Human Form)
Zankou:
PL:
Strength 8
Stamina 8
Agility 4
Dexterity 4
Fighting 8
Intellect 2
Awareness 3
Presence 4

Skills: Acrobatics 3 (+7), Athletics 3 (+11), Expertise [Law] 11 (+13), Expertise [Magic] 10 (+12), Expertise [Streetwise] 11 (+15), Intimidation 10 (+14), Persuasion 10 (+14), Stealth 8 (+12)

Advantages: Artificer, Close Attack 2, Contacts, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 7, Ritualist, Task Focus [Expertise (Magic): Potions], Well-Informed

Powers: Demonic Physiology:
Demonic Hardiness: Immunity 11 [Aging, Life Support]
Demonic Resistances:
Protection 4 (Extra: Impervious 12)
Regeneration 3 (Extra: Persistent)
Demonic Strength: Enhanced Strength 5 (Flaw: Limited [Lifting Only])
Shapeshifting: Morph 1 [Cole Turner]
Demonic Absorption:
Damage 11 (Extras: Alternate Resistance [Will], Penetrating)
Variable 11 [55 pt pool: Supernatural Traits Only] (Extras: Move Action, Linked); (Flaw: Limited [can only mimic the traits of those whose essence he has absorbed])
~sample traits~
Shimmering: Teleport 11 (Extra: Accurate); (Feats: Change Direction, Change Velocity, Increased Mass 4 [800 lbs], Turnabout) 40 pts
-Apporation: Teleport 11 (Extras: Attack, Perception Range); (Feat: Increased Mass 4 [800 lbs])
-Hellfire Orb: Ranged Damage 11 [force] (Extra: Penetrating); (Feats: Affects Insubstantial 2, Improved Critical 3, Variable Descriptor 3 [cold, electrical, fire])

Offense: Initiative +8
Melee Attack +10
Ranged Damage +11

Defense: Dodge +10
Parry +10
Toughness +12* [*Impervious]
Fortitude +10
Will +11

Costs: Abilities 82+ Skills 22+ Advantages 16+ Powers 142+ Defenses 18= 280 pts.

Height: 6’3”
Weight: 220 lbs
Hair: None (as Zankou) // Black (as Turner)
Eye Color: (as Zankou) // Brown (as Turner)

Complications:
Secret: Zankou’s true power is that of absorbing the unique abilities of other supernatural creatures (other demons, witches, vampires, werebeasts, ect…) and he has carefully gathered many useful abilities in secret, letting others think that he is developing new abilities on his own.

Vulnerable: Zankou takes an increased amount of damage from holy items/effects (raising the DC by 5).

Vulnerable: Zankou is susceptible to rituals, artifacts and spells that specifically target demons.

Background: Born in 1905 as Cole Turner, Zankou was the son of a state assemblyman, Ben Turner and mother Elizabeth who was demon in disguise. Shortly after Cole was born, Benjamin found out his wife was a demon and tried to take Cole from her, but Elizabeth killed her him with an energy globe and raised Cole herself. Elizabeth taught Cole to despise his human side for its "weaknesses." He suppressed it so completely that he became one of the most powerful demons in existence. Elizabeth saw a good deal of promise in Cole and put him through law school so he could learn to blend into human society as well as to have access to a wide variety as a lawyer, as demons seek to infiltrate the mortal world in order to further the cause of evil and Cole was particularly well suited for this purpose since he was half-human and had a better insight in how to influence them.

Over the next century, Zankou made a reputation for himself as a cold, ruthless, and methodical assassin who could kill anyone. This was something that intrigued Count Reich, the leader of Death’s Head and he hired Zankou to become part of Death’s Head. So far it seems that the demon’s skills, both in combat as well as outside of it, have been very useful to his employer.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Tectonic

Post by Tattooedman » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:08 pm

Tectonic:
PL:
Strength 2
Stamina --
Agility 2
Dexterity 2
Fighting 4
Intellect 0
Awareness 0
Presence 0

Skills: Acrobatics 4 (+6), Athletics 5 (+7), Expertise [Streetwise] 8 (+8.), Insight 8 (+8.), Intimidation 10 (+10), Ranged Combat [Vibration Control Array] 6 (+10), Stealth 8 (+10)

Advantages: All-Out Attack, Close Attack 4, Fearless, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 2

Powers: Vibration Control Array:
Vibration Blast: Ranged Damage 10 (Extra: Penetrating)
-Shatter: Ranged Weaken Toughness 10 [objects only]
-Shockwave: Ranged Affliction 10 [Defenseless, Prone] (Extras: Area [Burst], Cumulative, Selective); (Flaw: Limited Degree)
-Vibration Blowout: Damage 10 (Extras: Area [Burst], Penetrating)
-Vibration Punch: Damage 10 (Extra: Penetrating)
-Vibrational Distortion: Deflect 10 (Extras: Reflect, Redirect)

Ring of Orkus: (Removable -9 pts) [39 pp]
Entropic Resurrection:
Immunity 32 [Critical Hits, Fortitude Saves]
Protection 10

Offense: Initiative +6
Melee Attack +8
Ranged Attack +2 // Vibration Control Array Attack +10

Parry +10
Toughness +10
Fortitude N/A
Will +7

Costs: Abilities 10+ Skills 17+ Advantages 10+ Powers 74+ Defenses 21= 132 pts.

Weight: 140 lbs
Hair: Black
Eye Color: Brown

Complications:
Loyalty: Tectonic is 100% loyal to Count Reich due to the influence of the Ring of Orkus he now wears.

Secret: Tectonic is kept in a state of undeath by the Ring of Orkus he wears, removing it will allow his body to be destroyed and his spirit put to rest.

Still A Hero: Periodically Tectonic’s old personality will be able to regain control given the right emotional stimulation.

Background: For years Tectonic was remembered as a one of the biggest loses of the Freedom League, until Count Reich decided that the fallen hero (among a few others) would make a good addition to Death’s Head. So using his magical skill, Von Mass created the Rings of Orkus to raise the dead hero(s) from their final resting places.

Now Tectonic is totally loyal to Count Reich, and to a lesser extent Death’s Head, serving him without question no matter what task is put before him. His old personality now gone, having been replaced with a hatred of the living, especially his former allies and anyone associated with the Freedom League.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Halogen

Post by Tattooedman » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:09 pm

Halogen:
PL:
Strength 0
Stamina --
Agility 4
Dexterity 4
Fighting 4
Intellect 3
Awareness 0
Presence 0

Skills: Expertise [Science] 6 (+9), Insight 6 (+6), Perception 6 (+6), Ranged Attack [Plasma Energy Array] 4 (+8.), Technology 6 (+9)

Advantages: Improved Initiative, Move-By Action, Power Attack, Precise Attack [ranged; cover]

Powers: Plasma Energy Array:
Plasma Flash: Visual Affliction 10 [Impaired, Disabled, Unaware; resisted by Fortitude] (Extras: Area [Burst], Cumulative)
-Plasma Flare: Ranged Visual Affliction 10 [Impaired, Disabled, Unaware; resisted by Fortitude] (Extra: Cumulative)
-Plasma Blast: Ranged Damage 12
-Plasma Burst: Damage 10 (Extra: Area [Burst])

Plasma Energy Form: (Move Action)
Enhanced Dodge 2
Enhanced Parry 2
Damage 10 (Extra: Sustained)
Flight 12
Immunity 16 [Environmental Cold, Cold Damage, Fire/Heat Effects]
Insubstantial 3 (Flaw: Permanent)
Protection 8

Entropic Resurrection:
Protection 10

Offense: Initiative +8
Melee Attack +4
Ranged Attack +4 // Plasma Energy Array Attack +8

Defense: Dodge +12*/+10
Parry +12*/+10
Toughness +0*/+8
Fortitude N/A
Will +9

Costs: Abilities 30+ Skills 10+ Advantages 4+ Powers 175+ Defenses 21= 240 pts.

Weight: 120 lbs
Hair: Brown
Eye Color: Brown

Complications:
Loyalty: Halogen is 100% loyal to Count Reich due to the influence of the Ring of Orkus he now wears.

Secret: Halogen is kept in a state of undeath by the Ring of Orkus he wears, removing it will allow his body to be destroyed and his spirit put to rest.

Still A Hero: Periodically Halogen’s old personality will be able to regain control given the right emotional stimulation.

Background: For years Halogen was remembered as a one of the biggest loses of the Freedom League, until Count Reich decided that the fallen hero (among a few others) would make a good addition to Death’s Head. So using his magical skill, Von Mass created the Rings of Orkus to raise the dead hero(s) from their final resting places.

Now Halogen is totally loyal to Count Reich, and to a lesser extent Death’s Head, serving him without question no matter what task is put before her. Her old personality now gone, having been replaced with a hatred of the living, especially his former allies and anyone associated with the Freedom League.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Brainstorm

Post by Tattooedman » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:11 pm

Brainstorm:
PL:
Strength 1
Stamina --
Agility 2
Dexterity 2
Fighting 4
Intellect 6
Awareness 3
Presence 0

Skills: Deception 10 (+10), Expertise [Psionics] 10 (+16), Insight 10 (+13), Perception 10 (+13), Ranged Attack [Telekinetic Array] 8 (+11), Stealth 8 (+11)

Advantages: Daze [Deception], Power Attack, Ranged Attack, Set-Up, Speed of Thought

Powers: Telepathy Array:
Strong Willed: Enhanced Will 3 (Flaw: Limited [Only vs. Mental Effects])
Telepathic Might:
Communication 3 (Extras: Area, Selective) [Dynamic]
Mind Reading 11 [Dynamic]
-Mental Illusion: Illusion 9 [all senses] (Extra: Selective); (Flaw: Limited [Those with minds])
-Mind Control: Ranged Affliction 11 [Dazed, Compelled, Controlled; resisted by Will] (Extras: Cumulative)
-Mental Stun: Ranged Affliction 11 [Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated; resisted by Will] (Extra: Cumulative)
-Telelocation: Senses 9 [Mental (Accurate, Extended 3, Penetrates Concealment)] [Dynamic]

Telekinetic Array:
Telekinetic Propulsion: Flight 5
Telekinesis: Move Object 11 (Extra: Damaging); (Feat: Precise)
-Telekinetic Force: Ranged Damage 11 (Extra: Penetrating)
-Telekinetic Barrage: Ranged Damage 11 (Extra: Multiattack)

Entropic Resurrection:
Protection 10

Offense: Initiative +6
Melee Attack +4
Ranged Attack +3 // Telekinetic Array Attack +11

Parry +10
Toughness +10
Fortitude N/A
Will +13*/+10 [*VS. Mental Effects]

Costs: Abilities 26+ Skills 20+ Advantages 5+ Powers 131+ Defenses 21= 203 pts.

Height: 5' 8"
Weight: 150 lbs
Hair: None
Eye Color: Empty sockets

Complications:
Loyalty: Brainstrom is 100% loyal to Count Reich due to the influence of the Ring of Orkus he now wears.

Secret: Brainstorm is kept in a state of undeath by the Ring of Orkus he wears, removing it will allow his body to be destroyed and his spirit put to rest.

Still A Hero: Periodically Brainstorm’s old personality will be able to regain control given the right emotional stimulation.

Background: Even though he wasn’t a member of the Freedom League, Brainstorm’s death was remembered as a one of the biggest loses the Freedom League suffered. That is until Count Reich decided that the fallen hero (among a few others) would make a good addition to Death’s Head. So using his magical skill, Von Mass created the Rings of Orkus to raise the dead hero(s) from their final resting places.

Now Brainstorm is totally loyal to Count Reich, and to a lesser extent Death’s Head, serving him without question no matter what task is put before him. His old personality now gone, having been replaced with a hatred of the living, especially his former allies and anyone associated with the Freedom League.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-- Chiun

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: World of Freedom: Members of Death's Head

Post by Arthur Eld » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:36 pm

Zombie Freedom Leaguers! That was probably the coolest thing to come out of one of my earliest PbP games. Nice work, T-Man!

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Crinos » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:51 pm

I agree. I may have to pinch a few of these ideas for my own campaign.

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:09 pm

Arthur Eld wrote:Zombie Freedom Leaguers! That was probably the coolest thing to come out of one of my earliest PbP games. Nice work, T-Man!
Which I played in. It's where I got the idea, so thanks for that.
Crinos wrote:I agree. I may have to pinch a few of these ideas for my own campaign.
Help yourself. I've used enough of your work for my setting, so it's only fair.

-- Chiun