World of Freedom: FC Setting Builds....

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Re: World of Freedom: Clay Jackson, Fabricators Inc. Starman

Post by catsi563 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:20 pm

Tattooedman wrote:
catsi563 wrote:Ahh Fabricators Inc prominent in My HU as the Biggest weapons desginers, heck only reason they arent bigger is Viper constantly trying to encroahc on their territory (Both organizations are huge rivals)

Vindicators going to be all over that organization no doubt. She doesnt honestly care about the other criminal stuff too much. But their blatant disregard for who they sell dangerous tech too, and proliferation of said tech is a direct contravention of her own beliefs and Daedeluses teachings.
Shock wrote:There's also PHANTOM and the Foundry doing pretty much the same thing. Eva's gonna be busy ;}
Which is kind of why I choose to use Fabricators as a mostly US based weapons dealer at this point while PHANTOM & the Foundry run in the international circles of such dealings.

Pretty much, while Fabricators may end up taking the bulk of her efforts she wont let the Foundry or PHANTOM off the hook either since she is Daedeluses student.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563

Earth-Two_Kenn
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Earth-Two_Kenn » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:19 pm

Tattooedman wrote:I flip back & forth on Will's choice in costume colors, sometimes I like the yellow & purple (I mean they do let him stand out) and other times I feel like my eyes are going to explode from looking at it. I do like the overall design of it however, with the way the star was set off center (as most star-wearing heroes have theirs pointing straight up) and the angles of the other lines that play off it work well I always thought. It's the artist in me I guess.
Hmm. Most people I know who like Will's first costume, including me, have some artistic training... Maybe there's something there.
Tattooedman wrote:It's funny you mention Will's strength, in my first draft I'd given him a couple ranks of strength dedicated only to lifting so that's not a big deal to put back in. I think if they'd used black & red for the colors of his first costume Will might not have gotten so much flack for it, but then again those are my two favorite colors so maybe I'm a bit biased.
Maybe. What do people think?
Over eleven hundred DCA/M&M Character builds at http://www.rcuhero.net

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:46 pm

Earth-Two_Kenn wrote:Maybe. What do people think?
I like it, but then again those are my two favorite colors. So I'm probably a bit biased on that one, nicely done though.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:39 pm

Well, as someone who also has artistic training (though what that has to do with personal opinion is beyond me), I have to say I find black and red a far more attractive color aesthetic than yellow and purple. Of course he never ditched the mullet, which has always been the more egregious fashion faux pas. None of that got in the way of my liking the character.

And may I say for the record, I'm so very glad I never saw the plotline where Will was resurrected only to be retconned into some incarnation of a different character. I'm sure I would have been far more appalled than I am now and I'm pretty appalled.

Earth-Two_Kenn
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Earth-Two_Kenn » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:31 pm

Horsenhero wrote:Well, as someone who also has artistic training (though what that has to do with personal opinion is beyond me), I have to say I find black and red a far more attractive color aesthetic than yellow and purple. Of course he never ditched the mullet, which has always been the more egregious fashion faux pas. None of that got in the way of my liking the character.
Artistic training has nothing to do with it, apparently. I was just theorising on how art training might influence opinion, but you've shot that theory. :)

The mullet wasn't that long of a mullet, and in the late 80s it wasn't that bad. It was better than the one Clark sported in the mid-90s. Yeek.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:01 pm

Ah yes, mullet Supes. I can't remember, did he sport that pre or post Red/Blue Superman (Supermen)? I'm afraid my general ignorance of Superman's mythos and visual interpretations tends to get me in trouble in JLA discussions. Either way, I know DC really struggled trying to update Supes, when I think they should have gone the "Captain America" route with him, which they sort of did in Kingdom Come...but that was a particulary insightful bit by Mark Waid. Not complex thematically, but inspired.

Of course having Alex Ross paint your story never hurts.

Earth-Two_Kenn
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Earth-Two_Kenn » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:02 pm

When he came back from the dead, the implication was that he hadn't had his hair cut in a while. And he kept it that way. Clark Ken'ts ponytail was as obnoxious as Superman's mullet.

Then he went all electric blue and was dressed for the icecapades, but at least he got his hair cut.

When he resumed his traditional look and powers his hair was back at its traditional length.

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:30 am

My favorite line from when Superman had the long hair was during Zero Hour when modern Supes met an "older, alternate" version of Batman that had to be from the 60s as his first comment to Supes was something along the lines of "Don't tell me you've gone "hippie" on us now."

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Argo

Post by Tattooedman » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:44 am

Argo:
PL:
Strength 17
Stamina --
Agility 6
Dexterity 6
Fighting 8
Intellect 8
Awareness 6
Presence 6

Skills: Insight 6 (+12), Perception 6 (+12)

Advantages: All-Out Attack, Assessment, Close Attack 4, Diehard, Eidetic Memory, Favored Foe [Active Members of the Freedom League], Fearless, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 6

Powers: Proto-Matter Cells: Variable 20 [all Abilities & Powers] (Extra: Continuous); (Flaws: Limited [Only traits a target possesses], Limited [Only targets in near vicinity])
Android Body:
Immunity 30 [Fortitude Effects, Mental Effects]
Protection 15 (Extra: Impervious 12)

Aquatic Physiology:
Movement 1 [Environmental Adaptation (Aquatic)]
Senses 2 [Darkvision]
Swimming 8
Speak to the Creatures of the Sea:
Enhanced Advantage 1 [Animal Empathy]
Comprehend 2 [speak & understand animals] (Flaw: Limited [Marine Life Only])
Water Control Array:
Choking Spray: Ranged Affliction 11 [Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated; resisted by Fortitude] (Extra: Progressive)
-Control the Flow of the Seas: Move Object 11 (Flaw: Limited [Water Only])
-Spray of Water: Ranged Affliction 11 [Vision Impaired, Vision Disabled, Vision Unaware] (Extra: Cumulative); (Flaw: Limited [Visual Senses Only])
-Water Jet: Ranged Damage 11

Metamorph Psionics:
Communication 3 [mental]
Comprehend 2 [speak & understand all languages]
Mind Reading 8

Light of Liberty Array:
Liberty‘s Blessing: Healing 11 (Extras: Energizing, Restorative)
-Bomb’s Busting in the Air: Ranged Damage 11
-Rocket‘s Red Glare: Ranged Visual Affliction 11 [Impaired, Disabled, Unaware; resisted by Dodge]
-Freedom from Oppression: Nullify 11 (Extra: Area [Burst]); (Flaw: Limited [Binding and Imprisonment Effects only])
-Liberty‘s Might: Enhanced Advantages 2 [Improved Critical (Unarmed) 2]

Highspeed Physiology: Enhanced Advantages 17 [Agile Feint, Defensive Attack, Evasion 2, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative 6, Move-By Action, Quick Change, Redirect, Takedown 2, Uncanny Dodge]
Fastest Man In Freedom City:
Quickness 12
Speed 12
Highspeed Moves: Movement 3 [Wall Crawling 2, Water Walking] (Flaw: Limited [Only when running])

Electrified Physiology:
Flight 8
Healing 12 (Extras: Energizing, Restorative); (Flaws: Limited [Self Only], Limited [Source – Electricity])
Electrical Control Array:
Lightning Bolt: Ranged Damage 12 (Extra: Penetrating)
-Cloud Burst: Ranged Damage 12 (Extra: Area [Burst])
-Thunderstruck: Audio Affliction 12 [Impaired, Disabled, Unaware; resisted by Fortitude] (Extras: Area [Burst])

One with the City:
Movement 3 [Permeate 2] (Flaw: Limited [Urban Construction Materials Only])
Senses 6 [Acute and Analytical Detect City Details and Layout (Extended 2), Radio]
Urban Elemental Array:
Animate Object: Move Object 12 (Extras: Area [Shapeable] 2, Damaging, Perception, Selective); (Feat: Precise); (Flaw: Limited [Material (Cityscape Components)]) [Dynamic]
-City Sculpting: Transform 10, (Extras: Broad [any cityscape component into any other cityscape component], Continuous Duration) [Dynamic]
-City Sense: Remote Sensing 14 [all senses] (Feat: Subtle); (Flaw: Limited [Urban Areas Only]) [Dynamic]
-City Travel: Teleport 14 (Extras: Accurate, Easy, Extended); (Feats: Change Direction, Change Velocity, Turnabout); (Flaw: Medium [Urban Areas]) [Dynamic]

Battlesuit Helm & Gauntlets:
Gravitonic Beam: Ranged Damage 11 (Extra: Penetrating)
-Tractor Beam: Move Object 11 (Flaw: Limited [Away/Towards only])
-Gravity Trap: Ranged Affliction 11 [Hindered & Vulnerable, Defenseless & Immobilized; resisted by Dodge] (Extras: Cumulative, Extra Condition); (Flaw: Limited Degree)
Sensors: Senses 5 [Radio, Vision Penetrates Concealment]

Silver Net: (Removable -7 pts) [30 pp]
Tangle Target: Ranged Affliction 11 [Hindered & Vulnerable, Defenseless & Immobilized; resisted by Dodge] (Extras: Cumulative, Extra Condition); (Feats: Affects Incorporeal 2); (Flaw: Limited Degree)

Offense: Initiative +30
Melee Attack +12
Ranged Attack +12

Defense: Dodge +12
Parry +12
Toughness +15* [*Impervious 12]
Fortitude n/a
Will +10

Costs: Abilities 114+ Skills 4+ Advantages 17+ Powers 589+ Defenses 14= 738 pts.

Height: 8’
Weight: 400 lbs
Hair: None
Eye Color: White

Complications:
Arrogance: Because of the sheer power he possesses, Argo’s overconfidence can be his downfall.

Enemy: The Freedom League.

Motivation : Argo seeks to create a world where artificial life rules.

Weakness: Argo loses all his powers taken from Lady Liberty when he is bound or imprisoned.

Weakness: All of Argo’s powers from Captain Thunder are vulnerable to Power Draining effects (their rank are increased by 50% for the purpose of determining DC).

Background: In the works…..

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Circe

Post by Tattooedman » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:50 am

Circe:
PL:
Strength 0
Stamina 3
Agility 2
Dexterity 3
Fighting 3
Intellect 3
Awareness 4
Presence 4

Skills: Deception 10 (+14), Expertise [Magic] 15 (+18.), Insight 6 (+10), Intimidation 4 (+8.), Perception 5 (+9), Persuasion 10 (+14), Ranged Combat [Magic Lasso] 10 (+13), Ranged Combat [Magic Lasso] 10 (+13), Ranged Combat [Magical Might Array] 8 (+11), Treatment 7 (+10)

Advantages: Artificer, Attractive, Daze [Deception], Fascinate [Deception], Luck [Inspiration] 2, Ritualist

Powers: Immortality: Immunity 1 [Aging]
Magical Might Array:
Hyperion’s Wrath: Ranged Damage 17
-Create Bestiamorph: Ranged Affliction 8 [Dazed, Compelled, Transformed; resisted by Will] (Extra: Progressive)
-Hecate's Gate: Teleport 11 (Feat: Accurate)
-Hypnos' Gift: Ranged Affliction 17 [Dazed, Stunned, Asleep; resisted by Fortitude]
-Selene's Veil: Illusion 6 [all senses] (Extras: Area, Selective)
Hyperion’s Shield: Protection 8 (Extra: Impervious 10)

Magic Lasso: (Easily Removable –24 pts) [36 pp]
Lasso Snare: Ranged Affliction 14 [Hindered & Vulnerable, Defenseless & Immobilized, Paralyzed; resisted by Dodge/Strength] (Extras: Cumulative, Extra Condition)
-Drag & Pull: Move Object 12 (Flaw: Limited [Requires target to have be held by Lasso Snare])
-Hyperion’s Rage: Ranged Damage 14 (Flaw: Limited [Requires target to have be held by Lasso Snare])
-Eos’ Truthful Binding: Ranged Affliction [Vulnerable, Compelled; resisted by Will] (Flaws: Limited [Requires target to have be held by Lasso Snare], Limited [Subject must tell the truth to any question asked], Limited Degree)
-Selene’s Release: Ranged Affliction [Vulnerable, Compelled; resisted by Will] (Flaws: Limited [Requires target to have be held by Lasso Snare], Limited [Subject will only state (and perhaps act upon) hidden desires], Limited Degree)

Offense: Initiative +2
Melee Attack +3
Ranged Attack +3 // Magical Might Array Attack +11

Defense: Dodge +13
Parry +10
Toughness +11*/+3 [*Mystic Shield (Impervious 10)]
Fortitude +11
Will +16

Costs: Abilities 44+ Skills 32+ Advantages 7+ Powers 91+ Defenses 38= 213 pts.

Height: 5’ 4”
Weight: Unknown
Hair: Red
Eye Color: Green

Complications:
Obsession: Circe is obsessed with preventing Hecate’s prophecy from coming true.

Power Loss: Circe’s Magic has no effect on, and is nullified by, the herb molly.

Background: In the works......

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Warden

Post by Tattooedman » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:58 am

Warden:
PL:
Strength 3
Stamina 3
Agility 3
Dexterity 2
Fighting 8
Intellect 4
Awareness 3
Presence 1

Skills: Athletics 4 (+7), Expertise [Jailer] 11 (+15), Expertise [Psychology] 6 (+10), Expertise [Science] 7 (+11), Insight 8 (+11), Intimidation 7 (+8), Investigation 12 (+16), Perception 8 (+11), Sleight of Hand 17 (+19), Stealth 10 (+13), Technology 15 (+19), Vehicles [Land] 6 (+8)

Advantages: Assessment, Chokehold, Close Attack 5, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 3, Equipment 7, Favored Environment [Prisons], Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Improvised Tools, Inventor, Quick Draw, Ranged Combat 11, Seize Initiative, Skill Mastery 2 [Sleight of Hand, Technology], Ultimate Effort [Ultimate Sleight of Hand]

Powers: Memory Metal: (Removable -10 pts) [42 pp]
Constricting Bands and Expandable Cages: Ranged Affliction 13 [Hindered & Vulnerable, Defenseless & Immobilized, Paralyzed; resisted by Dodge/Strength] (Extras: Cumulative, Extra Condition)

Offense: Initiative +7
Melee Attack +13
Ranged Attack +13

Defense: Dodge +14
Parry +15
Toughness +8*/+5**/+3 [*Body Armor & Defensive Roll/**Body Armor]
Fortitude +8
Will +11

Equipment: Body Armor [Protection 2]
Night Vision Goggles [Senses (Darkvision)]
Radio [Feature (Radio Communication)]
Tonfa [Strength-Based Damage 2 (Bludgeoning)]
-29 ep as needed

Costs: Abilities 54+ Skills 37+ Advantages 40+ Powers 42+ Defenses 31= 204 pts.

Height: 6'
Weight: 185 lbs
Hair: Brown
Eye Color: Green

Complications:
Obsession: HIS brand of justice.

Obsession: Creating traps and restraints capable of trapping metamen.

Revenge: Warden wants revenge on those that failed to see his genius.

Background: In the works……
Last edited by Tattooedman on Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Magpie

Post by Tattooedman » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:00 pm

Magpie:
PL:
Strength 3
Stamina 3
Agility 6
Dexterity 6
Fighting 8
Intellect 2
Awareness 2
Presence 4

Skills: Acrobatics 9 (+15), Athletics 12 (+15), Deception 15 (+19), Expertise [Computers] 10 (+12), Expertise [Criminal] 15 (+17), Insight 10 (+12), Investigation 6 (+8.), Perception 10 (+12), Sleight of Hand 12 (+18.), Stealth 12 (+18.), Vehicles [Air] 3 (+9), Vehicles [Land] 3 (+9)

Advantages: Accurate Attack, Close Attack 6, Contacts, Daze [Deception], Defensive Roll 5, Equipment 4, Evasion 2, Improved Disarm, Improved Feint, Languages 3 [Base: English; Arabic, French, Spanish, Russian], Power Attack, Ranged Attack 6, Second Chance [Expertise (Criminal)], Taunt, Uncanny Dodge, Well-Informed

Powers: Disapparition: Teleport 10 (Extra: Accurate)

Offense: Initiative +6
Melee Attack +14
Ranged Attack +12

Defense: Dodge +14
Parry +14
Toughness +8*/+3 [*Defensive Roll]
Fortitude +9
Will +9

Equipment: 20 ep as needed

Costs: Abilities 68+ Skills 39+ Advantages 36+ Powers 30+ Defenses 27= 200 pts.

Height: 5’9”
Weight: 160 lbs
Hair: Black
Eye Color: Brown

Complications:
An Admirer Of All Things Of Beauty: Magpie loves to pursue attractive women, to him it’s all about the chase.

Motivation ~Thrills: Magpie loves the thrill and challenge of committing crimes.

Quirk: Magpie will leave his calling card, literally a card that has a red circle in the center with the shadowed image of his namesake in it, at the scene of all his crimes. That way there is no question as to who pulled off such a daring robbery.

Background: In the works….

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Lady Lunar

Post by Tattooedman » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:02 pm

Lady Lunar:
PL:
Strength 0
Stamina 2
Agility 1
Dexterity 1
Fighting 5
Intellect 2
Awareness 5
Presence 3

Skills: Insight 9 (+14), Intimidation 12 (+15), Perception 6 (+11), Persuasion 12 (+15), Ranged Combat [Telekinetic Might Array] 6 (+12), Technology 9 (+11)

Advantages: Fascinate [Persuasion], Language [English], Ranged Attack 5, Second Chance [Will Saves], Trance

Powers: Psionic Defenses: Enhanced Will 4 (Flaw: Limited [Only vs. Mental Effects])
T.K. Flight: Flight 7
T.K. Field: Force Field 12
Telekinetic Might Array:
Move By Force Of Mind: Move Object 12
-Psychokinetic Blast: Ranged Damage 12
-Telekinetically Move Matter On A Molecular Level: Teleport 12 (Extra: Extended); (Flaw: Tiring)

Psionic Might Array:
Mental Domination: Ranged Affliction 12 [Dazed, Compelled, Controlled; resisted by Will] 12 (Extras: Continuous, Cumulative, Perception); (Flaw: Tiring)
-Telepathy:
Communication 4 [mental]
Mind Reading 12
-Confusion: Perception Burst Area Affliction 12 [Dazed, Compelled, Controlled; resisted by Will] (Flaw: Limited [Target’s actions are uncontrolled])
-Mind Bolt: Ranged Damage 12 (Extra: Alternate Resistance [Will])

Offense: Initiative +1
Melee Attack +5
Ranged Attack +6 // Telekinetic Might Array +12

Defense: Dodge +11
Parry +11
Toughness +14*/+2 [*T.K. Field]
Fortitude +8
Will +16*/+12 [*Psionic Defenses]

Costs: Abilities 38+ Skills 19+ Advantages 8+ Powers 93+ Defenses 29= 187 pts.

Height: 6’4”
Weight: 140 lbs
Hair: White
Eye Color: Pink

Complications:
A Deposed Monarch: Lady Lunar is imperious and arrogant and believes that as royalty she shouldn’t be challenged, spoken to, and definitely not touched by the “mere rabble” she should be ruling over and is very willing to teach those do not understand what their place should be.

Temper: Normally cool, collected, and very regal, Lady Lunar can fly into a rage when she’s defied or challenged.

Background: In the works…..

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Hellqueen

Post by Tattooedman » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:04 pm

Hellqueen:
PL:
Strength 8
Stamina 8
Agility 4
Dexterity 4
Fighting 8
Intellect 2
Awareness 5
Presence 10

Skills: Close Combat [Infernal Weapons] 5 (+13), Deception 4 (+14/+16), Expertise [Arcane Lore] 12 (+14), Expertise [Current Events] 6 (+8), Expertise [Pop Culture] 6 (+8), Insight 9 (+12), Intimidation 4 (+14), Perception 6 (+9), Persuasion 4 (+14/+16), Ranged Combat [Hellfire Control Array] 9 (+13)

Advantages: Attractive, Daze [Deception], Fascinate [Deception], Minions 5 [ (x2) cult masters (PL 4)], Minions 9 [(x32) cult adepts (PL 3)], Ranged Attack, Ritualist, Startle, Taunt

Powers: Succubus Physiology:
Immunity 11 [Aging, Life Support]
Morph 3 [humanoids]
Protection 5

Hellfire Control Array:
Hellfire Blast: Ranged Unholy Fire Damage 13 (Extra: Penetrating 12); (Feat: Improved Critical 2)
-Hellfire Gate: Teleport 12 (Feat: Increased Mass 7 [3 tons])
-Hellfire Jaunt: Movement 2 [Dimensional Travel (Infernal Dimensions)] (Feat: Increased Mass 7 [3 tons])
-I Spy With My Little Demonic Eyes: Remote Sensing 9 [all senses] (Feats: Dimensional, Subtle); (Flaw: Feedback)
-Infernal Lies That Bind: Illusion 8 [all senses] (Extra: Selective); (Flaw: Limited [Only affects those with minds])
-Infernal Weapons: Unholy Fire Damage 13 (Extra: Penetrating 12); (Feats: Improved Critical 3, Variable Descriptor 2 [bludgeoning, piercing, slashing])
-Soulfire Blast: Ranged Unholy Mental Damage 13 (Extra: Alternate Resistance [Will])
-Succubus’ Kiss: Weaken Awareness 11

Offense: Initiative +4
Melee Attack +8 // Infernal Weapons Attack +13
Ranged Attack +4 // Hellfire Control Array +13

Defense: Dodge +12
Parry +12
Toughness +13
Fortitude +13
Will +13

Costs: Abilities 98+ Skills 24+ Advantages 21+ Powers 78+ Defenses 25= 246 pts.

Height: 5’10” (5’6” - as Nugent)
Weight: 135 lbs (125 lbs - as Nugent)
Hair: Red (Brown - as Nugent)
Eye Color: Orange (Borwn - as Nugent)

Complications:
Enemy: Captain Thunder.

Games Within Games: The Hellqueen’s plans often have many layers, as she goes after her targets in all aspects of their lives using her minions and her powers to bring their downfall to pass using the target’s own wants and weaknesses against them.

Power Loss: The Hellqueen will transform back into her Gwen Nugent personality if her attitude is improved through interaction.

Weakness: The Hellqueen is vulnerable to objects/items that have the Holy descriptor (add +5 to DC).

Background: In the works……
Last edited by Tattooedman on Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

-- Chiun

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: World of Freedom: Freedom's Most Wanted

Post by Horsenhero » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:28 pm

Liking the 3e updates on some classic villains T-man. Some of these folks are SCARY!!