Warhammer fantasy. (OOC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
HenshinFanatic
Groupie
Groupie

Re: Warhammer fantasy. (Recruiting)

Postby HenshinFanatic » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:13 pm

Here's my warrior priest. I'll update him as I get feedback.

Heinrich PL 6 22pp Abilities + 31pp Powers + 9pp Advantages + 18pp Skills + 10pp Defenses = 90pp
Race: Human
Height: 6'4"
Weight: 210 lbs
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Brown
Languages: Reikspiel

Heinrich was born in Reikland province, in the town of Bogenhafen, to a moderately wealthy merchant family. As the youngest of four brothers he was never really expected to take over the family business, never the less he did learn the basics of reading and writing should something have happened to his elder brothers. Heinrich later joined the military and underwent rigourous training. This eventually lead to a successful career that, had he stayed on that path, would have lead him to becoming a Greatsword. However, the Cult of Sigmar had other plans for the young man and he became a neophyte warrior priest.

Abilities - 22pp

Strength 2, Stamina 1, Agility 0, Dexterity 0, Fighting 4, Intellect 0, Awareness 2, Presence 2

Defenses - 10pp

Dodge 5, Parry 6, Toughness 6/4/1, Fortitude 5, Will 5

Powers - 31pp

Divine Aid: 13pp Persistent Healing 5 linked to Affects Others Only, Persistent, and Sustained Regeneration 1
Holy Fire: 18pp Area 1 (Burst), Selective Damage 6

Advantages - 9pp

All-out Attack, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 2, Equipment 2, Improved Defense, Improved Smash, Power Attack

Equipment

Warhammer (Strength-based Damage 3) 3ep
Mail armor (+3 Toughness) 3ep

Skills - 18pp

Athletics 4 (+6), Close Combat: Hammers 2 (+6), Expertise: Religion 8 (+8), Insight 10 (+12), Intimidation 2 (+4), Persuasion 10 (+12)

Complications

Responsibility - Cult of Sigmar: As a warrior priest of Sigmar, Heinrich's first responsibility is to his church.
Honour-bound: The teachings of the Cult of Sigmar value honour above all and as an exemplar of his faith Heinrich has been taught to always conduct himself honourably.
Last edited by HenshinFanatic on Thu May 09, 2013 2:05 pm, edited 5 times in total.

arcaric
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby arcaric » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:34 pm

Elves, dwarves, halflings, ogres and etc. sure, as long as the species could be reasonably assumed to be wandering the empire and be more or less accepted.

Combined attack manuevers, I don't see why not. After all, there's always a trade off.

Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Lord Fell » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:21 pm

How you you want to handle gear?

Is a chainmail coat (toughness 3) 3 points of Equipment (and therefore 0.6 pp) or is it a removable Device (Toughness 3, Flaw: Removable 2.4pp)? If you are going Equipment. are you going to break it down, where (for example) Leather is good against Bludgeoning, Mail is good against Cutting, and Plate is good against Piercing, and to be protected against all 3, you'd need to wear all types (as medieval knights were likely to do)?

What are your thoughts on Minions? I'm toying with the idea of a Knight who would have a Warhorse as a minion. Alternatively, I'm thinking of rolling a Squire, who would be in service to an inept Lord (although technically "the boss" purchased as a Minion). Originally I was leaning towards a Witch Hunter, but someone has already called that. Alternatively, no one has made any noises about non-humans, and I am a fan of Halflings.

arcaric
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby arcaric » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:14 pm

Gear: Anything non magical counts as equipment. I'm happy for you to bend the traditional scope of equipment a little bit, I've been looking over warriors and warlocks for some inspiration. I'm not going to break armour up into types, that's needless over complication.

Minions: Minions are probably going to get killed by something at some point. If you're minion constitutes a generic bodyguard or a generic horse then sure. But if you're looking to make a squire working for an inept lord then sidekick might work better simply because otherwise the squire probably won't have a lord for very long.

Halfing: Sure, halflings work.

deathsap
Cohort
Cohort

Postby deathsap » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:11 am

@Fell lord- If you wonna go witchhunter go for it, I said it be for but with the option of a Ogre I'm gonna go for that.
Terrible Ogre jokes I warn you TERRIBLE!!!
Good Luck!

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:55 am

I'm thinking about an ice sorceress, Handmaiden (aka spy) for the Tzarina of Kislev, the frozen Northern lands. Sound possible?

I'm not well versed in Warhammer fantasy, but I researched this on the wiki and it sounded interesting.

deathsap
Cohort
Cohort

Postby deathsap » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:10 pm

I Got my build! If anyone can get a Terrible Ogre name I'm looking for one.

Bulk Vanderhuge is large and strong even for an Ogre, born in the Moot, the Halfling people were nice to him and his mother. They always made an effort to say hello, due to there kind nature they spoke Reikspiel to me so I never picked up Halfling but they did teach him to read. However due to this time spent in the moot he learnt of the Halfling holy day "Pie Week" and it is his favourite.

He left the Moot and travelled south working as a mercenary joining various war-bands some with men some with Ogres, even leading a few in battles in the Badlands. As an almost educated Ogre he made a good living travelling finding some kind of work or an other. Eventually decided to head North back through the Empire, Kislev, Tilea and on to Norsca picking up work on the way. While in Norsca he found Mr. Bite'ums and decided to travel back to the Empire before winter with his new companion to see what adventures might be ahead......

Bulk Vanderhuge
Strength 4/7, Stamina 4/7, Agility 0, Dexterity -1, Fighting 5, Intellect 0, Awareness 2, Presence 1

Ogre (15 points)Permanent:
Growth 3 (6 points)
Speed 3 (3 points)
Senses (Low light, Night vision) (3points)
Feature: Iron Stomach, can eat anything that’s not toxic without ill effects, no matter how unpleasant it may be: spoiled or particularly gross food for example. (1point)
Immunity: poison (1point)

Skills 15
Intimidation 10 (+12)
Perception 5 (+7)
Persuasion 8 (+9)
Athletics 1 (+8)
Ranged Combat 6 (+5)

Advantages:20
Improvised Weapon , all-out attack, Fast Grab, Improved Grab,
Fearless, language 4, Takedown 2, sidekick 6, Great Endurance, Startle, Equipment 2

Languages:
Reikspiel [native] (the Empire)
Grumbarth (Ogres)
Kislevian (Kislev)
Tilean (Tilea)
Norse (Norsca)
Khazalid (Dwalfs)
Goblin Tongue (Orcs, Goblins ect)
Eltharin (Elves)
Classical (Old tong)

Equipment
Barrel Array (things I picked up)
Chain Damage 2, Imp.Grab, Imp. Trip,Reach 4 (8EP)
ALT: Bear-trap: Damage 2, Imp.Grab, Imp.Hold, Fast Grab, Imp.Crit2, Reach 1 (1EP)
ALT: Rifle Ranged Damage 7, Imp.Crit2 (Limited: full round reload) (1EP)

Defence
Dodge 5 Fortitude 7
Parry 5 Toughness 7
Will 5

Offence
Initiative +0
Unarmed +5 Toughness DC 22
Rifle +5 Toughness DC 22
Improvised Weapon +5 Toughness DC 22
Chain +5 Toughness DC 22

Abilitys 30
Skills 15
Advantages 20
Powers 15
Defences 10
Total 90

Complications
Large and in-charge: Too big for small doors or most accommodation
Prejudice: He's a Ogre, seen as a brutish thug by most people.
Motivation : Hungry
Motivation: Protect Mr Bite'ums He is the best dog! I like him!
Quirk: Elves understand what I say in Eltharin but I can't speak it properly because I'm an Ogre

Bulk Vanderhuge wrote:"This is Mr Bite'ums he is my dog he is the best dog in the world because he bites people!"

Dog Mr Bite'ums

STR 3, STA 3, AGL 2, DEX -2, FGT 3, INT –4, AWE 1, Pre –2

Advantages: Fast Grab, Improved Hold, Defensive Roll 1
Skills: 7
Perception 5 (+6)
Close combat 5 (+8)
Athletics 4 (+7)

Powers: Senses 2 (Scent, Track). 2 points
Bite: Strength-based Damage 1, Improved Critical • 2 points
Speed: 3 3 points

Offence:
Init +2,
Bite +8 Toughness DC 19.

Defences:
Dodge 4,
Parry 4,
Fortitude 4,
Toughness 3/4,
Will 2.

Totals: Abilities 8 +Advantages 3 + Skills 7 + Powers 7 + Defences 5 = 30 points.
Motivation: He is a Dog
Complication: He is a Dog
Last edited by deathsap on Wed May 08, 2013 1:52 am, edited 7 times in total.
Good Luck!

arcaric
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby arcaric » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:03 pm

Cool so for potential party members we have a warrior priest of Sigmar, an inquisitor/knight/halfling, an ice sorceress and a ogre. That said, I quite like mr bite ums and I look forwards to using the phrase Bulk's bulk.

Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Plan B » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:39 am

I'm putting together a swordsman, just trying to decide if i shall be scholarly or outdoorsy.
    Insert witty comment here.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:20 am

Viriella's story begins when a Gospodar woman is taken as with by an accomplished Ungol horseman. Dissappointed not to have a son, he raises his daughter to the ways of mounted archery and the soldier's life. The day that her mother found her spitting on a freshly swept floor the woman had had enough. She dressed Viriella as a young girl and took her to a Choosing they were having in the village where an Ice Witch was testing the girls for the Ancient Widow's Touch. Viriella's mother knew how rare it was but wanted to do something to counterbalance her father's crude influence. Viriella was taken away on the spot.

Throughout her forced apprenticeship and then training as a Maiden of Ice, Viriella swore to herself that she'd not forget where she came from and that she would stay true to her Ungol heritage. She suffered for it from the other acolytes but she told herself that her people had suffered far worse and survived and grew in strength. And, indeed, every time she was jostled while learning a tricky and dangerous application of Ice Magic, where any mistake could turn an unwary Novice to solid ice, she learned *that* much more control and strength.

It was at a rare Erengrad Caucus where Tzarina Katerin herself was in attendance, that the novices were invited to show what they could do amidst the diminishing rays of the Summer sun. There was much muttering when Viriella took the stage for every Sister had heard of the half-Ungol that threatened the purity of their Order. Even in the sun's full light, Viriella froze a nearby fountain solid, erected a substantial ice dome, and gave herself over to the Frostfiend's form... some of the hardest disciplines of the Lore of Ice. All on-lookers watched as, unbidden and without ceremony, her eyes turned glacial blue and her flesh grew pale. Everyone, including Katerin, could not help but be impressed.

The Tzarina put out word and found out Viriella's history there was some curiosity when it came to light that her father's mother was Hag of some power. Viriella became unwitting recipient of Katerin's patronage and soon doors of education opened to her. She learned of magical arts, not just of Kislev but of the Empire as well and trained in it's language.

Viriella Suricheck was recruited by the Tzarina herself to be her eyes in the Southern lands. Portents and signs have indicated an upheaval and danger of unspecified nature. The ripples of it are felt even up here. Viriella was chosen for her training with the Ungol Horse Archers and also for her excelling gift with the magic that streams from the very heart of Kislev. The fact that she was approaching Katerin herself in mystical strength was not lost on young Viriella and she suspects this is a way the shrewd Tzarina is ridding herself of a potential rival.

Viriella is to travel the Southern Empire investigating strange occurrences and determining what she can of the source. Katerin will contact Viriella routinely in dreams to receive a report. Viriella also knows that, should she perish, her spirit is bound to make one final report before it moves on to the afterlife. The fact does not comfort her.

Complications:
Loyal to Kislev – Viriella is fiercely loyal to the land of her birth and its people. Insults to Kislev (maybe common in the Empire) will not go unchecked.
Outsider – Her facial features and accent mark her as Kislevian. Likewise, she may not understand cultural norms and could be seen as ‘uncivilized’.
Power Loss – Viriella must be able to gesture to access much of her magic.
Marked by power – Her skin is pale and cold to the touch and her eyes are the deep blue associated to Ice Witches for any who recognize the significance.
Cold-blooded – She is acclimatized to the land of snow and frost. Being in a warm environment will cause discomfort which she will bear stoically. Being in an extremely hot environment for a prolonged period of time could impose penalties.
Cult of Ursun - if it ever comes up, she is a follower of Father Bear and all his pragmatic teachings.
Distrust of Men with Magic - She's learned from an age even before the Lore of Ice that men playing with magic are likely to both corrupt the magic and go insane. She will watch male casters suspiciously for when their insanity takes them, and will not hesitate to use the Ritual of Pacification... or an arrow.

Viriella Suricheck
PL6 90

Attributes:
Str 0
Con 4
Agi 1
Dex 4
Fgt 0
Int 2
Awe 2
Pre -1
[24pp]

Defenses
Toughness 4+2armor = 6
Dodge 1+1buckler+4 = 6 [4pp], 5 in Frostfeind form
Parry +2+1buckler = 3 [2pp], 6 in Frostfeind form
Fort 4+0 = 4 [0pp]
Will 2+4 = 6 [4pp]

Offenses:
Horse Bow, +8 to hit, Toughness DC 19
Shardstorm, +6 to hit, Toughness DC 21, Multiattack, Secondary Attack
Freezing Cloud, Ranged, Area-Cloud; Dodge DC 16 for half, Affliction; Fort DC 16 (Daze,Stun) & Transforms liquid to ICE
Frost Fiend, *Unarmed Claws +6 to hit, Toughness DC 19 or
*Shriek, Area-Cone, Sense-dependent Dodge DC 16 negates totally, Will DC 16 (Entranced, Compelled to flee),
Invocation of the Ice Storm, Deflect +8, Redirect +6 to hit
Midwinter's Kiss, Area-Cone; Dodge DC 16 for half, Affliction; Dodge DC 16
Glacial Barrier – Entrap, +6 to hit, Dodge DC 16 or trapped. Drop, +6 to Hit, Toughness DC 21

Advantages [8pp]: Ranged 2, Equipment 3, Ritualist, Improved Initiative, Precise(Range, Cover)
Languages: Kislevian (native), Reikspiel (the Empire)

Skills[16pp]: Ranged(bow) 2(+8.), Riding 1 (+5), Perception 7(+9), Expertise: Magic 8(+10), Investigation 5(+7), Insight 1(+3), Stealth 4(+5), Expertise: Survival 1(+3), Sleight of Hand 1(+5)

Equipment: Horse Bow (Blast 4), Light Leathers (Protection 2), bowman’s hide buckler (Dodge+1, parry +1), Dark cloak (Urban Camouflage), Feature: hidden pockets, Lantern,

Powers:

Northern-born:
Immunity (cold environment) [1pp]

Wind-assisted Movement: Speed 1, Leaping 1 [2pp]

Ice Magic: [24pp+ 5AEs]
Shardstorm{Shards of diamond hard ice is emitted from the hands of the caster, striking the enemy viciously.}
Blast, Multiattack, Secondary Effect. Pr 6
AE: Freezing Cloud{This freezes any water based terrain, creating a sparkling, flat surface over which armies can walk. Otherwise it can freeze an enemy unit, inhibiting them with frozen muscles.}
Affliction, area-cloud, ranged, Limited Degree, Distracting, (Resist by Fort, Dazed, Stunned) pr 6
linked
Transformation, area-cloud, ranged, Continuous, Permanent, Distracting, liquid to ice pr6
AE: Form of the Frostfiend{The caster changes into a beast of Kislev legend, coming closer to the Ice Magic than humanity. They will last like this until they die or cancel the invocation. Due to the magical nature of this form, most magical equipment becomes useless.}
Container
*Feature/Quirk – equipment melds into form but becomes useless
*Flight pr 2
*Enhanced Strength4
*Enhanced Parry 4
*Enhanced Skill: Close Combat, Claws +6
*Protection 2 (since armor absorbs into form)
*Terrifying Shriek – Affliction, area-cone, Concentration, Cumulative, Distracting, Instant Recovery, Sense Dependent – hearing, Limited Degree (Resist by Will, Entranced(by Fear), Compelled(to flee)) pr 6
AE: Invocation of the Ice Storm{A harsh blizzard can be cast by the wizard chanting a few words which engulfs ranged weaponry. A blast of air blows many ranged objects off course or even stop a unit from firing at all. Some Ice Mages gain the precision to send the missiles back or even elsewhere.}
Deflect, reflect, redirect, pr 8
AE: Midwinter's Kiss {The breath of the caster is turned into a raging torrent of ice, freezing all in its path. Icicles form a barrier around the affected, preventing them from moving.}
Affliction, area-cone, extra condition 2, limited degree, cumulative, (Resisted by dodge then STR (as Snare), hindered and impaired and vulnerable, immobile and disabled and defenseless) pr 6
AE: Glacial Barrier - {This erects vast ice shapes that are impassable and cannot be seen through. They can be dispelled by the caster to aid movement and attacks.}
Create [ice], Continuous, Impervious pr 6
Last edited by flynnarrel on Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Lord Fell » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:23 pm

Hmmmm....

I had been debating what I wanted to play, and since I didn't have a solid plan, I think it works better for me to build my choice around what the rest of the players have submitted, for niche control and what-not.

So.. we have a "cleric," a "mage," a "warrior" (Ogre) and an additional "Warrior" (Plan B's swordsman). I think what a rounded "Adventuring Party" needs most is a Rogue.

I'm going to resurrect one of my World of Warcraft characters for this, I think... Dwarven Rogue Greidi Blackmane. Greidi is like Heidi, only pronounced Greedy. She is entirely motivated by cash, and is mercenary and amoral.

deathsap
Cohort
Cohort

Postby deathsap » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:46 pm

You could also go Dwaven Engineer and be like welcome to inventing! Or the ever classic Tomb Robber!
Good Luck!

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:54 pm

Also, Mages in Warhammer seem like highly specialized things with the different circles of magic and such. Viriella is definitely not a traditional Empire Mage.

Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Plan B » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:03 pm

Technically, she'd be considered a priest in the empire (which is the get around for not been set a light or shoved in one of the colleges), been a Kislev ice witch.

Might want to squeeze a level of language in that build though.
    Insert witty comment here.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:25 pm

Ah, what are the languages of the Empire, I couldn't find it on the wiki?

Edit: Is the Ogres list the complete one? And... all that for three points? Cool!

Return to “M&M Game Room”