Protonik & the rest

Discuss Freedom City, Paragons, Wild Cards, or your own campaign settings here.
Prophesteve
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Prophesteve » Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:40 am

Neutronik and Protonik don't neccessarily have the same stats. I remember one of the SU guys saying Protonik was PL 20 at some point but that was a long time ago so I don't have a clue where that post might be.

Basically my statement was based on stats for 1) Crooks! entry for Neutronik and 2) the Preview for M&M which had stats for Protonik and Kalak (IIRC). Both Protonik and Neutronik are listed as PL15.

SU might have other ideas when/if a Meta-4 book is written, of course. I was just going by what has already been written.

Blackhawk
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Blackhawk » Sun Mar 06, 2005 12:18 pm

Pampero wrote:Or maybe Protonik is the Captain Marvel to Centurion's Superman?

Very nice. Especially since Neutronik has a certain Black Adam feel as well.
Blackhawk

"Batman's touching me. I'm going to die, aren't I?"

Sean Glenn
Super Unicorn
Super Unicorn

Postby Sean Glenn » Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:52 pm

Frozen Yakman wrote:Neutronik and Protonik don't neccessarily have the same stats. I remember one of the SU guys saying Protonik was PL 20 at some point but that was a long time ago so I don't have a clue where that post might be.

Protonik is definitely PL 20. When we wrote up Neutronik, we dropped him down because we already had Kalak and Atomic Brain at super-high PLs.
Sean Glenn
Art Director
www.superunicorn.com

Prophesteve
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Prophesteve » Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:16 pm

Protonik is definitely PL 20. When we wrote up Neutronik, we dropped him down because we already had Kalak and Atomic Brain at super-high PLs.

Fair enough - I'll probably still have Protonik at PL15 when I integrate him into my FC campaign setting. It works better for me that way :)

Samson
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Samson » Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:44 pm

Prophesteve wrote:They way I am running the FC/M4 distinction is pretty much like the DC/Vertigo disctinction that DC Comics has.
So just like DC has Superman and Hellblazer in the same universe, I feel I can have FC and Meta-4 coexist in my setting.

My thoughts and feelings exactly. 8)

Sean Glenn wrote: We feel that most of the villians in the book can be dropped into any existing game, and the rest only need a couple minor tweaks to fit in (the Captain Marvel/Superman analogy to using both Centurion and Protonik is very apt).

We're very keen on the idea of a META-4 sourcebook though, and have began to compile our notes in hopes of getting down to writing stuff. We're going to show off a few characters, with their stats, on the Super Unicorn site as well (first up Minotaur and Ouija Kid, and possibly the Luciferian). We'll announce it here so you can all check it out, and download the PDFs.

THATS awsome to hear! :D I can't wait to see them!

The Reserve are kinda referenced as a Ultimates type team in my sessions, where the Freedom League is the more traditional "public" JLA type team. I can't wait to see what you guys will show us. Any "offical" stats and origin stuff (on PDF no less!) will be welcome to all here I'm sure 8)

And the level 20 Protonik would be cool to see!
"This is me, yo, right here." - Wallace, The Wire: Episode 12

Defender2.0
Disciple
Disciple

Postby Defender2.0 » Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:24 pm

Here here! We Original fans have been waiting long enough! Protonik stats and Who's Who style profile now! Please? :D

-Def.
" We believe in heroes because, ultimately. we believe in ourselves. " -Jack Kirby.

Greymarch
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Greymarch » Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:10 pm

Posting some updated stats for the Reserve is a step in the right direction. I am looking forward to that.

Mr. Glenn, is it safe to assume that the basic principles of capitalism will effect whether a Meta-4 campaign book is ever made? What I mean is, if there seems to be a good deal of demand for such a book, would that effect whether the book gets made, or would such a book simply be a labor of love?

Sean Glenn
Super Unicorn
Super Unicorn

Postby Sean Glenn » Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:38 pm

Greymarch wrote:Posting some updated stats for the Reserve is a step in the right direction. I am looking forward to that.

Mr. Glenn, is it safe to assume that the basic principles of capitalism will effect whether a Meta-4 campaign book is ever made? What I mean is, if there seems to be a good deal of demand for such a book, would that effect whether the book gets made, or would such a book simply be a labor of love?

Regardless of the interest level, it's going to have to be a labor of love. We just don't have enough personal free time to commit to a deadline and be able to hit it. I'm just trying to be realistic. Erik and I have pitched Green Ronin the idea, and they (based of course, on the interest from the fans) would like us to do it, but with the caveat that the book is done before we announce/solicit, etc. We don't want to keep everyone waiting for a book that shows up a year late.

We've had lots of offers to have people help develop the book, but we've graciously declined. We don't want other folks to be waiting on input from us when they could be working on other paying jobs, and to be completely honest, it would be really hard to let our ideas be made concrete by other people.

So, yeah, we're starting work on it. Does that mean it'll be done soon? Probably not. But, it gives better than even odds that it will get done.
Sean Glenn

Art Director

www.superunicorn.com

nighthunter
Hero
Hero

Postby nighthunter » Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:25 pm

I am a patient man, I will wait for the Meta-4 book, because I know it'll be well worth it.
"What a man does for pay is of little significance. What he is, as a sensitive instrument responsive to the world's beauty, is everything!" -H.P. Lovecraft

goodtremere
Paragon
Paragon

Postby goodtremere » Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:34 am

Sean Glenn wrote:So, yeah, we're starting work on it. Does that mean it'll be done soon? Probably not. But, it gives better than even odds that it will get done.

Yay! :D
@goodtremere on Champions online
Former Special Secretary For Nocturnal Liquidation and ATT LinkMaster
:( :cry: Weak in Search Fu :cry: :(
MM&M

ghostman76
Luminary
Luminary

Postby ghostman76 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:27 am

Take your time. The fact that it will be done when it's done is more than enough to make me happy. :D
"One must first experience pain in order to be able to appreciate it's absence."

Sean Glenn
Super Unicorn
Super Unicorn

Postby Sean Glenn » Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:28 am

nighthunter wrote:I am a patient man, I will wait for the Meta-4 book, because I know it'll be well worth it.

Even if it's ONE MEEEEEELLION DOLLARS?

No?

Okay, what if it's less than that?
Sean Glenn

Art Director

www.superunicorn.com

Blackhawk
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Blackhawk » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:17 pm

Sean Glenn wrote:We just don't have enough personal free time to commit to a deadline and be able to hit it.

Hey, no offense to Sean and the SU gang, but a certain business saying comes to mind...

"The project without a deadline... usually meets it."

Simply meaning that other things always take precedence.

Anyway, good luck!
Blackhawk

"Batman's touching me. I'm going to die, aren't I?"

Sean Glenn
Super Unicorn
Super Unicorn

Postby Sean Glenn » Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:12 pm

Blackhawk wrote:"The project without a deadline... usually meets it."

Simply meaning that other things always take precedence.

Anyway, good luck!

If this were our day job, the book would already be done. But alas, the masses of D&D fans call Erik, Kyle, and I to our other daily toil.
Sean Glenn

Art Director

www.superunicorn.com

Superfreak
Champion
Champion

Postby Superfreak » Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:36 pm

If this were our day job, the book would already be done. But alas, the masses of D&D fans call Erik, Kyle, and I to our other daily toil.

I didn't think there could be another reason for me to dislike D&D 3.0/3.5, but here it is. Wow. Sorry, I know it brings in the sales due to its popularity, but they really lost me once M&M came out.

Oh well, must go convert more D&D fans to M&M.
Superfreaking Out.

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Settings”