Hero's Unlimited: The Catsiverse: The Viper Wars

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Shadowbourne
Superhero
Superhero

Re: Hero's Unlimited: The Catsiverse: The Viper Wars

Post by Shadowbourne » Fri May 03, 2013 3:28 pm

Dragonfyre
HP:1 Cnd: REALLY Curious

"Aratheta? Offspring?....so who was the woman? Aratheta or one of her daughters? " Tony asked with rapt attention. Her beauty still played across his mind's eye....the smell of fire flowing off her intoxicationg. Then another thought crosses Tony's mind, "Kris? What do you know about Dragons? I mean...I don't have a clue of why I am or really how I am a dragon....I just turned one day and ripped apart a robot that was trsahing the police..." With a frustrated sigh Tony continues,"My father doesn't tell me anything except Asian proverbs and fortune cookie blurbs...he says one day I will understand."

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by kenseido » Fri May 03, 2013 3:38 pm

Kris Majax

"Sorry, amigo. I never saw the woman, just felt a presence. As for dragons, there are several books in the library for you to look through. Check out the Time Life books, they're surprisingly good."
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

Shadowbourne
Superhero
Superhero

Post by Shadowbourne » Sun May 05, 2013 3:46 pm

Dragonfyre
HP:1 Cnd: Still Unanswered

Tony's hope for a quick answer is quickly squashed by Kris's answer. He had been hoping that the mage had an insight into dragons. "Frowning, "Then what can you tell me about Aratheta? Did I insult her by not...asking? I don't want her mad at me if I did....I mean it was her territory."

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by kenseido » Sun May 05, 2013 3:57 pm

Kris Majax

"I don't think it was her we sensed. Besides, we were passing through, not trying to set up shop. Believe me, if we offended a dragon, we wouldn't be here chatting."

Kris looks over Tony from head to toe. "As for you, my scaly friend, have you bothered to ask your parents? Things don't always a supernatural answer." Kris suspected this one in fact did, but he also felt, like most things, the journey was the important part of Tony's quest, not the destination. Dr Arcane was always very clear about that.

"I'll give you a hand once you explored all of the mundane. But in this day and age, having scales and wings and breathing fire are not usually a sign of supernatural."

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by catsi563 » Fri May 10, 2013 11:45 am

The Trial of Viper

"Justice has nothing to do with what goes on in a courtroom; Justice is what comes out of a courtroom"
~Clarence Darrow

Its been roughly 9 days since the team successfuly saved Catherine from the Assassin Impulse and Windy City Electronics from becoming a full fledged if unwilling Viper Subsidy. In that time frame the team has gathered some good positive PR as Elena has been fielding requests for interviews and the usual run of endorsement deals, movie deals etc etc. She has subtly deflected them for the most part while picking out a few legit ones such as Hornet appearing on an episode of Mythbusters, and Shock showing up on an episode of Fight Science: Meta-Humans.

Clover has also made appearances with Kris on the View and the Ellen Degeneres show both of which caused Herbert Glennson to have a near coronary on air. Especially after Kris appeared with Kriss Angel and Penn and Teller for a charity magic event in Vegas.

Tonys online acitvities have had their usual small mischief but they drew the attention of Motherboard and the Cybertribe. A back and forth skirmish later earned Tony a new set of rivals with a healthy respect. Unfortunately most of his basic research on dragons hasnt proven exceptionaly fruitful thougha few choice bits here and there have given him something to go on.

Doc Rodent called with good news that he had finally successfully detoxed the last of the Trolls and the majority of them were being reintegrated into society. The Doc also had some information for Hornet and Shock regarding the Bio-Comp system that Impulse used. It was rather disturbing news and left them both with a bit to think about.

The one suprising difference was the missing Owl who showed up again briefly to help the team take down Bullet and his Raiders but then in her usual cryptic fashion she vanished again only saying something mysterious about Swan and Hawk not getting along with out her.

Most importantly though the group has had to ramp up its efforts lately against Viper. The villainous organization thanks to what happened in Chicago and due to related efforts by the Champions, Avengers, and the Seattle based Guardians has taken some heavy hits. Thusly they have grown a bit desperate especially with Shadow and Arachnos nipping at their heels and waiting for any sign of weakness in order to destroy their long time rivals.

And this is where we find our heroes currently staking out a Warehouse that brings back some sour memories for a number of out memebers given that the tanks inside the warehouse are filled with both META and worse. Dyne.

Theres a little Dejavu for Tony and Shock as a familar face barks orders at the various goons running too and fro. Trainwreck seems even bigger then the last time they saw him if that were possible, and the two costumed guys with him let the team know they're in for a fight.

Allright moving on next chapter

Knowledge checks (super villains etc) can recognize the 2 with Trainwreck

them the team may proceed as they will :D
Last edited by catsi563 on Mon May 13, 2013 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by kenseido » Fri May 10, 2013 1:03 pm

Kris Majax
HP: 2 (-1=1)

Kris is really frustrated with the past few days. Owl hasn't been around long enough to talk with about his "toys" acting up lately. And these Viper goons keep distracting him from his other duties.

Kris crouches down where they are hiding, and pulls out a copper ring and a small marble. He places the ring on the ground and the marble inside. "Okay, we are going to find the main power... whatever... for this building. One of you techie tell me the most vital point and I will take it out. Hornet, you're on search and destroy. Find out what you can about this place, take out anything that looks dangerous, and get out. Tony, Clover, attack will attack from the sky while Shock and I attack from the ground."

He spins the marble and a visual of the inside of the warehouse appears in an image above the marble while Kris concentrates on it.
Gadgets to Viewing Stone [ESP 4 (visual; PF: Subtle) & Illusion 1 (visual; F: Range Touch)]
Search check, but the tech guys are going to have to tell me what to attack with my Hexus spell. Since it's Range Perception, it will work through the stone.
Search: 1D20+7 = [5]+7 = 12
Yeah, that sucks; HP to reroll: 1D20+7 = [13]+7 = 20

Nineofspades
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Nineofspades » Fri May 10, 2013 1:37 pm

Clover
HP 1

Clover hovered a few inches off the ground, looking over the area, listening to Kris's Battle plan. As always, she had opted out of anything even remotely resembling a costume, and was today clad in a comfortable pair of shorts, and a rather egregious tie-dye shirt. Nicole had made it for her to wear as part of her new team, and though Clover knew that the shirt was not likely long for this world before laser fire, acid spills or bomb blasts left it torn to shreds, she wasn't about to disappoint her little girl.

"Solid plan, but I'm a bit worried about the chemical tanks. The stuff they've got stored here is pretty nasty, right? Much as I might like slugging a few guys who deserve it, I think that the mutagens should take a priority."
She took a moment to scan the warehouse down, Giving it the X-ray vision treatment once more. "I think I can shut them down safely, if Tony can handle Air Support on his own for a bit"

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by kenseido » Fri May 10, 2013 1:59 pm

Kris Majax

Kris listens carefully to Clover's suggestion then looks to the others for more input.

Shadowbourne
Superhero
Superhero

Post by Shadowbourne » Fri May 10, 2013 2:50 pm

Dragonfyre
HP:1 Cnd: Ready

The past nine days had been one of discovery and disapointment. Still unsure of why he is, he is sure of his new enemies. Battling Motherboard and the Cybertribe had been exiting and let Tony exercise something other than his muscles. That had been good for him, but....sometimes one just needs to beat things into a pulp just to feel satisfied.

"Yeah...I can do that. BUT, remember, Dragon...Fire...Tanks go BOOM. "sides...Trainwreck and me have a past...Last time we met I help him reroute his teeth. In fact...I could just start blasting one side of the building and I am pretty sure I can get all of their attention." Tony stretches a bit and cracks his neck.

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Shock » Fri May 10, 2013 8:03 pm

Shock
HP: 3

Chris nodded. The plan was solid. "The last time we went after one of these facilities, the management tried to bail while we mixed up with the help. We need to keep an eye out for that."
Intelligence check (1d20 + 3=11, 1d20 + 3=12) No knowledges so Int checks. Probably not gonna do it.
Notice check (1d20 + 11=12) This is starting off well... :roll:

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Fri May 10, 2013 8:41 pm

Hornet:
[Kirk McGlothlin]
HP: 2
LP: 2

Hornet’s mood isn’t his usual cheery and upbeat one. His seeing the Dyne and META together wiped the smile right off his face.
Kris wrote:"Okay, we are going to find the main power... whatever... for this building. One of you techie tell me the most vital point and I will take it out."
“Let’s see….” The Insect Avenger says as he Kris’ shoulder to look through spy-ring and he quickly finds something that works very well for Kris’ plan. “Right there to the far right, about twelve feet before the back corner, by the forklift….that’s the main power breaker. That what you’re looking for right?”

Kris wrote:"Hornet, you're on search and destroy. Find out what you can about this place, take out anything that looks dangerous, and get out.
“Right, I’m on it..” Hornet says just before shrinking down to his fighting size.
Clover wrote:"Solid plan, but I'm a bit worried about the chemical tanks. The stuff they've got stored here is pretty nasty, right? Much as I might like slugging a few guys who deserve it, I think that the mutagens should take a priority."
She took a moment to scan the warehouse down, Giving it the X-ray vision treatment once more. "I think I can shut them down safely, if Tony can handle Air Support on his own for a bit"
“The tanks should be straight forward enough to make sure they’re secure but if someone were to go through them, then that’s a problem of a whole other color. Maybe we should consider taking Trainwreck and his two pals outside where there’s less of chance of something happening to the tanks?” Hornet didn’t care to see what happened when someone was exposed to both META and Dyne.
Shock wrote:"The last time we went after one of these facilities, the management tried to bail while we mixed up with the help. We need to keep an eye out for that."
“I can keep my eyes open for any possible runners since I’m already going to be out and about while the rest of you are fighting, no sense in taking anyone else out of action given what you and Tony said about that Trainwreck fella.”

OOC wrote:How about a straight Int Check instead of a Knowledge skill to recognize the other two?
Hornet’s Int Check: _: 1D20+5 = [2]+5 = 7, and that’s a “he has no clue who they are” roll. Good let’s get the low ones out of the way now.

Now for another straight Int Check (since Hornet doesn’t have Search) to help out Kris;
2nd Int Check: _: 1D20+5 = [19]+5 = 24, well would you look at that ……coyotecode likes to think it’s IC all of the sudden. I’ll figure that’s good enough to let Hornet spot something vital for Kris to target.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by kenseido » Fri May 10, 2013 8:59 pm

Kris Majax

Kris nods as each of the team speaks. He had intended that only Hornet would be going inside, and the other four would keep the fight outside for the reasons the others listed, though he apparently hadn't clearly explained it properly.

"Yes, right. We definitely want to keep the fight outside. Normally, they would want to do the same; except if we know about this place, they are probably going to go scorched earth. So, Hornet will go in as planned. Shock and Dragonfyre will be our lead men outside, since Trainwreck will easier to draw out if he thinks he can get some payback. Clover, keep your distance and use your x-ray vision. Use your speed and go in after we get things started outside. Try and find the head honchos and prevent them from ordering everything be destroyed. Or failing that, stop the tanks from being destroyed. Call me if you need assistance; I can be there in an instant. Same for you, Hornet."

Pretty sure he has everything covered, he turns to Shock and Dragonfyre. "So three on three? We should probably let them call for backup, right? To make it fair. Let's make out move against that wall, it's farthest away from the tanks."

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Fri May 10, 2013 9:10 pm

Hornet:
[Kirk McGlothlin]
HP: 2
LP: 2

Hornet listened as Kris refined his plan, making sure to include the input from the others. "Still sounds good to me. I'm good with that plan."
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by catsi563 » Mon May 13, 2013 1:41 pm

Everyone

Krises scrying of the building reveals a fairly standard layout basicaly a wide open rectangle with a lab/production set up on one side surrounded by meausres to insure contamination of product doesnt occur. On the other side is a shipping area with crates of boxes marked cat food, dog food and other sundry household items.

Into a number of those boxes a group of low rent punks about 6 or so of them are loading cannisters of different coloes--iridescent green for the dyne canisters, and bright red for the META canisters--into the boxes which are then loaded into a pair of trucks for distribution elsewhere.

In the middle of the warehouse are the 2 main storage tanks of the chemicals both of which while not volatile explosively are still immensly dangerous as if they are unleashed the resultant flood could kill, or maim, or WORSE mutate every living soul within a multi block radius into a series of violent and volatile mutate freaks.

Above the frey sits a second story of catwalks and an office where another 6 thugs are armed with heavy duty ordinance namely Viper MK-I blaster rifles, as they keep watch over the facilities. Inside the main office sit 2 gents in suits one of which works on a computer inputting data.

Shock as he looks through Krises improvised security camera catches the 2 badguys with trainwreck and recieves a "Shock" of recognition as he recalls their faces on the wanted posters in the Police blotter.

Pulsar and Oculon both dangerous and both wanted in several states for multile warrants.

Right now Pulsar and Trainwreck both look like their just this shy of breaking Oculons neck as they Eyebeam blasting villain seems to be on another of his incessant whine fests. He gesticulates wildy all about pointing this way and that all while his mouth keeps moving.

its then that as he looks in the direction of protectors that thinsg take a turn for the bizzare. He looks in their direction and looks right through the wall his paranoia kicking in sees the heroes planning and watching them and promptly yowls in warning that "NOOO THEYRE HERE!!"

Hes practicaly jumping up and down pointing in you guys direction, he gets so loud that Pulsar on a lark looks out the window and sees you gusy where hes pointing at and nearly spittakes the coffee he was drining at the time all voer thwe window as he fires a blast right through it which catches Clover right in the chest knocking her for a loop and causing her to impact the container behind you with a clang.

Trainwreck bellows at the guards to and im quoting here "Getem!!" before rushing out to fight you all not bothering to use the door in the process and leaving a nice trainwreck sized hole in the wall on the second floor, which Pulsar flies out of and Oculon uses as a sniper post.

Inside the office the two guys in suits begin barking order to clean up the place and get the shipment out of here, while they begin detoxing the systems.

As the entire team knows having fought Viper over the last few months Detoxing means Deleting all evidence which means the team doens thave a lot of time to stop them from doing so.

Ok Search form kris no real clues to find persay but good enough to get a solid layout of the building, locations of the guards and super villains and the 2 guys in suits working the computers which most likely have nice juicy evidence on them.

Shocks int checks are sufficent (DC 10) to recognize both villains and a general take on their capabilities

Hornets search check helps kris find 3 nice easy targets. The main junction box which would switch power off to the entire warehouse of course. The Engine on the truck that carries the product, and the Air filtration system inside the work space where the chemicals are mixed.

Hornet has a enough tehc knowledge to know that shutting down the power to the 2 tanks would be bad because they keep the chemicals inside at low pressure, higher pressures would cause tank rupture and spill thousands of gallons of meta and dyne all over, and I dont think anyone wants to be a troll.

save tony when hes on the computer :P

No damage to clover little descriptive fluff to get the ball rolling

And a hero point for everyone as things go sideways

also initative please bad gys to thump city to save :D

Pulsar

and Oculon

And of course Trainwreck for everyones recall
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by kenseido » Mon May 13, 2013 2:12 pm

Kris Majax

Great job, Kris. One glamour avoids this whole mess. Idiot!

Quickly recovering, he turns to Hornet and Clover. "Same plan. Clover, no need to wait."

Then he turns to the other two guys. "Rock and roll, you two. After I zap the truck, I will deal with the sniper."
Initiative: 1D20+3 = [5]+3 = 8
IC and CC may be fraternal twins.