World of Freedom: FC Setting Builds....

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: World of Freedom: Freedom's Most Wanted

Post by kenseido » Thu May 09, 2013 4:54 am

I could see Sportsmaster and Archer II having some epic rumbles.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Fri May 10, 2013 4:22 pm

catsi563 wrote:Dovetail too though shed probably insure he was on the DL for a while afterwards :P
IDK, don't get me wrong now, Dovetail is all kinds of kickass and all that but I think Sportsmaster might just be able to hold his own against her. Not saying he'd win mind you, but I don't think it'd be the totall one-sided victory some people would expect.
kenseido wrote:I could see Sportsmaster and Archer II having some epic rumbles.
True, I hadn't thought about that match up. It would be interesting to see.......
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Bodyshop

Post by Tattooedman » Fri May 10, 2013 4:23 pm

Bodyshop:
PL:
Strength 1
Stamina 6
Agility 2
Dexterity 2
Fighting 2
Intellect 2
Awareness 1
Presence 1

Skills: Athletics 2 (+3), Deception 6 (+7), Expertise [Art] 7 (+9), Expertise [Computers] 2 (+4), Expertise [Pop Culture] 3 (+5), Expertise [Streetwise] 9 (+11), Insight 8 (+9), Investigation 4 (+5), Perception 6 (+7), Persuasion 4 (+5), Stealth 6 (+8.)

Advantages: Benefit 12 [10 Alternate Identities, Cipher 2 (-10 vs Investigation Checks about history)], Close Attack 2, Connected, Contacts, Daze [Deception], Fascinate [Deception], Ranged Attack 2, Well-Informed

Powers: Flesh Sculpting: Affliction 9 [Dazed, Stunned, Physically Transformed; resisted by Fortitude] (Extras: Increased Duration [Continuous +3])
Shapeshifter Physiology: Immunity 7 [Alteration Effects, Disease, Poison]
Shapeshifting: Variable 4 [20 pt pool] (Flaws: Limited [Humanoid Forms Only])

Offense: Initiative +2
Melee Attack +4
Ranged Attack +4

Defense: Dodge +9
Parry +9
Toughness +6
Fortitude +8
Will +8

Costs: Abilities 34+ Skills 19+ Advantages 21+ Powers 67+ Defenses 23= 164 pts.

Height: Varies
Weight: Varies
Hair: Varies
Eye Color: Varies

Complications:
Motivation ~Self-Sufficient: Bodyshop wants to never have to be dependent upon someone else ever again. She’s learned that all that does is leave a person vulnerable and she’ll not go back to that way of living ever again.

Reputation ~Good Work, Bad Temper: Bodyshop is known for doing top of the line work for those willing to pay her price, as well as having a viscous streak for those who try to pull any kind of trick on her.

Background: Josie Pelham lived a miserable life once; the girlfriend of a drug dealer, she was treated as either property or a pet depending on what mood he was in when he came home. Josie had the full “White Trash Hell” package, complete with all the self-loathing and shoe-bottom self-esteem that went with it. Then everything changed…..for her, anyway. She almost died that morning, purposefully overdosing on the copious “product” that lay around the house. She was surprised when she actually woke up, feeling better than she had in a long time. When her boyfriend tried to take his anger out on her (because of what her suicide attempt cost him), she instinctively tried to ward off his blows with her hands, all the while wishing he no longer had the ability to strike her or yell his hateful words at her.

It took her a few seconds, cringing like she was with her eyes scrunched shut, to register that his blows and yelling had stopped. Opening her eyes, Josie saw her abuser was desperately reeling and fumbling about the room—his arms apparently merged into his torso and his face beneath his eyes were a solid and featureless curve of flesh. Within moments, he dropped to the floor, suffocating as she watched. She stayed in their, well, his house for a while after that…just staring in shock at his cooling body. Finally, Josie walked over to his corpse and touched it, just to verify she hadn’t lost her senses. With her touch, her former abuser’s form melted back into its previous state, as if nothing had ever happened. Still in shock, she gathered what few things in the home she truly considered her own, but not before adding the “rainy day funds” Josie knew he kept hidden. She locked the door behind her and didn’t look back as she walked away. Her new life, her real life, began then and there.

Over the next few weeks and months, Josie experimented with her new abilities and she discovered that she could mold flesh—both others’ and her own—like clay. With practice, she could even change finer and more detailed features, such as textures, and colors. Long before her money ran out, she was looking up people she had met through her old life, offering interesting new services in exchange, at least at first, not for money, but for education. She learned how the streets worked, who bought and sold what (and who), who moved what where, and all the other fundamentals separating the professionals from losers and bottom-feeders like her old boyfriend. The new Josie was an able student and took her lessons to heart. Eventually, she found herself giving advice more than she was seeking it, and word of her talents spread to all the right people – Josie, better known as Bodyshop at this point, and the service she provided were both sought-after commodities. It may not have been the love or acceptance she once wanted, but it was money, power, and respect, and Josie soon decided she liked those a lot more.

For the right price, Bodyshop will alter a person’s features, faster and more effectively than any plastic surgeon. Better yet, she can do it with no signs of surgery, and no required recovery time. Also, her talents can accomplish changes that are impossible anywhere outside a Hollywood fantasy. Height, weight, build, even apparent ethnicity (and in some cases even gender…though that costs extra) are all mutable in her hands and more than a few criminals now sport an entirely new appearance thanks to her. There’s also the matter of how gruesome and “instructive” her transformations can be when punishment is the goal instead of cosmetics. There are various open cases throughout North America where forensics has proven completely unable to determine cause of death, where a victim suffocated, or their bones broke, or organs were turned to jelly, with no apparent cause. If she took the time to undo her work, even those clues are gone.

Josie is selective about her clientele, and has the resources as well as the connections to make it difficult to find her if she doesn’t want to be found. That’s assuming her would-be hunters even know of her existence in the first place. As Bodyshop, she’s a shadow within the underworld, unknown except to those who count. She doesn’t intend to ever be on the losing end of a power relationship ever again and demands not only exorbitant fees for her work, but collects favors from her clients like trading cards.

-- Chiun

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Shock » Fri May 10, 2013 4:30 pm

Tattooedman wrote:Flesh Sculpting
Ick ;}

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by EnigmaticOne » Fri May 10, 2013 4:44 pm

Tattooedman wrote:
catsi563 wrote:Dovetail too though shed probably insure he was on the DL for a while afterwards :P
IDK, don't get me wrong now, Dovetail is all kinds of kickass and all that but I think Sportsmaster might just be able to hold his own against her. Not saying he'd win mind you, but I don't think it'd be the totall one-sided victory some people would expect.
True, I hadn't thought about that match up. It would be interesting to see.......
I'm guessing any clash with Harlequin will be one-sided. Also, great stuff with Bodyshop.
Impeach the peach!

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Fri May 10, 2013 5:20 pm

Shock wrote:
Tattooedman wrote:Flesh Sculpting
Ick ;}

Yeah, some powers just sound icky....

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Fri May 10, 2013 5:23 pm

EnigmaticOne wrote:
Tattooedman wrote:
I'm guessing any clash with Harlequin will be one-sided. Also, great stuff with Bodyshop.
I could see Harlequin doing pretty well against Sportsmaster too. See I don't really build characters with the idea of "hey they could fight so & so", not my style really. So I've had a lot of players comment to me over the years about how they thought I made a foe for them, and while it made for some interesting game-play/stories and all it was kind of on accident.

That said I do occationally get an idea or two for a certain PC.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Crackerjack

Post by Tattooedman » Fri May 10, 2013 5:28 pm

Crackerjack:
PL:
Strength 2
Stamina 3
Agility 6
Dexterity 6
Fighting 6
Intellect 2
Awareness 2
Presence 4

Skills: Acrobatics 6 (+12), Athletics 6 (+8.), Deception 9 (+13/+15), Expertise [Business] 9 (+11), Expertise [Criminal] 9 (+11), Expertise [Pop Culture] 9 (+11), Insight 9 (+11), Perception 9 (+11), Persuasion 6 (+10/+12), Sleight of Hand 9 (+14), Stealth 6 (+12), Technology 9 (+11)

Advantages: Agile Feint, All-Out Attack, Attractive, Beginner's Luck, Benefit 3 [Wealth 3 (Millionaire)], Close Attack 4, Contacts, Daze [Deception], Defensive Roll 2, Equipment 3, Fascinate [Deception], Improved Feint, Improved Initiative, Luck [Skillful], Ranged Attack 4, Second Chance [Avoiding Traps], Takedown 2, Task Focus [Expertise (Pop Culture): Superheroes & Villains], Taunt

Powers: Influence Probability:
Enhanced Advantage 4 [Luck 4] (Flaw: Limited [only for Luck Control])
Luck Control 3 [spend HP for other's benefit, Force a Re-roll, Negate Luck]

Comedic Gadgets: (Easily Removable -22 points) [33 pp]
Itching Powder: Affliction 10 [Vulnerable, Defenseless, Incapacitated; resisted by Fortitude] (Extras: Area [Cloud], Cumulative, Progressive)
-Exploding Rubber Chicken: Ranged Damage 10 (Extra: Area [Cloud])
-Joy Buzzer: Affliction 10 [Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated; resisted by Fortitude] (Extra: Cumulative)
-Sneezing Dust: Affliction 10 [Impaired, Disabled, Unaware; resisted by Dodge] (Extras: Area [Cloud], Cumulative)
-Springloaded Punching Glove: Ranged Damage 8 (Feats: Improved Critical 2, Reach 2)
-Sillystringers: Ranged Affliction 10 [Hindered & Vulnerable, Defenseless & Immoblized, Paralyzed; resisted by Dodge] (Extra: Cumulative)

Edged Throwing Cards: (Removable -5 pts) [20 pp]
Razorsharp: Ranged Damage 8 (Extra: Multiattack); (Feat: Improved Critical)

Jester Stick: (Easily Removable -8 pts) [16 pp]
Security Coded: Feature 1 [Restricted (Crackerjack Only)]
Grapple Line: Movement 1 [Swinging]
Confetti Pop: Affliction 10 [Hindered, Disabled, Unaware; resisted by Fortitude] (Extra: Area [Burst])
-One Lump Or Two?: Strength-Based Damage 6 (Feats: Improved Critical 2, Improved Smash)

Multi-Optic Mask: (Removable -1 pt) [6 pp]
Polarized Lenses: Immunity 5 [Sensory Affliction Effects] (Flaw: Limited [Visual Only])
Multi-Optics: Senses 3 [Vision Extended, Infravision, Low-Light Vision]

Spring-Loaded Shoes: (Removable –1 pt) [4 pp]
Ridiculously High Jumps: Leaping 5

Offense: Initiative +10
Melee Attack +10
Ranged Attack +10

Defense: Dodge +12
Parry +12
Toughness +8*/+6**/+3 [*Armored Costume & Defensive Roll/**Armored Costume]
Fortitude +9
Will +8

Equipment: Armored Costume [Protection 3, Senses 1 (Communication Link [Radio])]

Various Hidden Bases [use Abandoned Warehouse (10 ep)]

Costs: Abilities 62+ Skills 32+ Advantages 31+ Powers 91+ Defenses 25= 241 pts.

Height: 5’7”
Weight: 134 lbs
Hair: Red
Eye Color: Green

Complications:
Legacy: Crackerjack is the daughter of Wildcard.

Motivation ~ Thrillseeker: Crackerjack does what she does for the thrills.

Prankster: Crackerjack is a prankster that can’t pass up a prank, especially if it’s against costumed heroes. In such a situation, she must make a DC 20 Will save to resist pulling a prank.

Background: Raised from birth by her Aunt Jane and Uncle Ernie Blanchard, Katherine Shaw never wanted for anything; as Ernie Blanchard was a real estate mogul that owned some of the most valuable properties in the suburbs of Los Angeles, while Jane Blanchard was a CFO for a large and well known non-profit organization. So for Kat and her cousin, Kyle, life was good but pretty uneventful.

Kat never knew her father, he’d never been part of her life at all and her mother had turned out to be one of those women who hadn’t ever really “connected” with her child and thus has little trouble leaving her in the care of her sister while she pursued her own goals in life. It wasn’t that she didn’t care about Kat or not visit or at least talk with Kat every couple of months but working as a showgirl in Atlantic City wasn’t the kind of job you could take time off from regularly.

Despite that fact, Kat was pretty much a typical girl who was into wearing the “it” clothes, being seen at the coolest places, and hanging out with the “right people”, and that was thanks largely to the efforts of her aunt and uncle who loved Kat like she was their own daughter and never made an issue of the fact she wasn’t. But it seemed that life had other plans for Kat’s life when one day she came home after hanging out at the local mall after school to find that her whole family was dead – killed by a pair of burglars who were still in the process of robbing her home.

Kat grabbed a poker from the fireplace and went to confront the thieves, emotionally broken and seeking revenge but when she finally came face to face with them she hesitated, which was all that the thieves needed to gain the upper hand. But when they moved to catch her the two men suddenly began tripping over their own feet, their partner’s or outright missing odd mishaps which seemed to be nothing more than sheer dumb luck on Kat’s part. Realizing she needed to capitalize on her run of good fortune the teenaged girl made short work of the would-be thieves and had them tied up waiting for the police when they arrived in response to the house’s tripped silent alarm.

The police arrested the murderers for what they’d done then made sure that Kat was alright, which she was aside from a couple minor scrapes and bruises, and contacted her mother. Kat spent the next few days in a juvenile center until her mother could make the trip from Atlantic City and it was during that time alone that Kat reflected on her confrontation with the burglars and how things strangely kept going her way despite the fact several of the events weren’t really possible and it got her to wondering just exactly what had happened. So when her mother finally showed up and took Kat into custody the teenaged girl began to push the issue of her missing father’s identity.

Eventually the elder Shaw relented and told Kat about a man named Jake Walker, and how, several years ago, he’d lead her into a whirlwind romance that lasted several weeks before they finally parted ways only for her to learn a month later she was pregnant with Kat. Ms. Shaw ended the story by revealing to Kat that her father had went on to become the criminal known as Wild Card, which answered many of the questions Kat had been harboring.

Realizing that her mother really didn’t have the means to take her in, Kat instead offered forth the idea of her going to court and having herself declared an emancipated minor, seeing as how she was almost eighteen anyways there wouldn’t be much of a difference as she saw it. Ms. Shaw agreed and the two of them quickly set to the task and by end of the week it was done and Ms. Shaw was on her way back to Atlantic City.

Having nowhere else to go Kat secluded herself in her aunt and uncle’s house where she was surrounded by pictures and memories of them and her cousin. A few days later a lawyer contacted Kat and she discovered that as the sole survivor of the Blanchard family, she’d inherited her aunt and uncle’s estate, making her an instant multimillionaire. Laughing hysterically at this fact, she finally got the joke that life had taught her.

Kat then liquidated all of her family’s assets and moved upstate to Bay City where she established herself as a philanthropist; supporting mainly medical and social reformation causes by utilizing the skills that her aunt and uncle taught her. However this is only a cover for her true agenda as she also uses the skills that she developed in emulation of her father as the vaudevillian villainess known as Crackerjack who travels across the country committing her unique “comedy crimes”. Armed with gear based on a comedic theme and a lot of money to back her up, she works mainly on her own but has been known to take on special jobs when the right situation arises. Having almost unlimited resources at her disposal, Kat fuels her endless need for comedic and ironic gadgets in her constant desire to live up to her father’s legacy (as well as try to gain his attention) and bring laughing larceny to everyone.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Tue May 14, 2013 4:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Slapstick

Post by Tattooedman » Fri May 10, 2013 5:40 pm

Slapstick:
PL:
Strength 2
Stamina 3
Agility 6
Dexterity 4
Fighting 4
Intellect 2
Awareness 4
Presence 2

Skills: Acrobatics 6 (+12), Athletics 6 (+8.), Deception 12 (+14), Expertise [History] 6 (+8.), Expertise [Magic] 12 (+14), Expertise [Pop Culture] 6 (+8.), Insight 9 (+13), Investigation 3 (+5), Perception 9 (+13), Persuasion 12 (+14), Ranged Combat [Seelie Magics] 4 (+12), Sleight of Hand 6 (+12), Stealth 6 (+12)

Advantages: Agile Feint, Close Attack 4, Contacts, Daze [Deception], Defensive Roll 2, Evasion 2, Improved Initiative 2, Languages 3 [Base: English; Fae, Gaelic, German, (one other of choice)], Ranged Attack 4, Skill Mastery [Expertise (Magic)], Task Focus [Expertise (Magic): Fae Lore], Taunt, Uncanny Dodge

Powers: Sidhe Creature Traits:
Hidden Nature: Concealment 10 [all senses] (Extra: Continuous Duration); (Feat: Precise); (Flaw: Limited [mystical means of detecting Fae beings])
Longevity: Immunity 1 [Aging]
Mystical Awareness: Senses 4 [Magic Awareness (mental; Accurate, Acute)]
Not Worried About Human Concerns:
Immunity 6 [Disease, Environmental Cold, Environmental Heat, Poison, Pressure, Radiation, Vacuum]
Protection 4
Stronger Than He Looks: Enhanced Strength 3 (Flaw: Limited [Lifting Only])
Shimmering: Teleport 6 (Extras: Accurate, Extended); (Feats: Change Direction, Change Velocity, Easy, Increased Mass 2 [200 lbs])

Sidhe Magics: Variable 12 (Extra: Free Action)
~Examples~
Dancing Lights: Ranged Affliction 10 [Dazed, Compelled, Controlled; resisted by Will] (Extras: Cumulative, Perception) {40 pts}
Dangerous Pranks: Ranged Damage 10 (Extra: Perception); (Feat: Indirect 4 [any point, any direction], Subtle 2 [undetectable], Variable Descriptor [accidental looking in nature]) {37 pts}
Fae Falsehoods: Illusion 8 [all sense] (Extras: Independent, Selective) {56 pts}
Unfortunate Accidents: Ranged Affliction 10 [Impaired & Vulnerable, Defenseless & Disabled; resisted by Will] (Extras: Extra Condition, Perception); (Feat: Indirect 4 [any point, any direction], Insidious, Subtle 2 [undetectable]); (Flaw: Limited Degree) {37 pts}
Wear The Shape Of Another: Morph 4 [any form] {20 pts}

Offense: Initiative +13
Melee Attack +8
Ranged Attack +8 // Seelie Magics Attack +12

Defense: Dodge +12
Parry +12
Toughness +9*/+7 [*Defensive Roll]
Fortitude +10
Will +12

Costs: Abilities 54+ Skills 33+ Advantages 24+ Powers 176+ Defenses 27= 315 pts.

Height: 5’11”
Weight: 175 lbs
Hair: Auburn
Eye Color: Violet

Complications:
Motivation ~Mischief: Slapstick is a trickster and revels in causing as much mischief as he can.

Quirk: Slapstick cannot tell outright lies, though he can bend the truth as he sees fit.

Weakness: Like all other Fae creatures Slapstick is vulnerable to cold iron, the DC is increased by 50% and if the DC is failed he takes an additional rank of damage.

Weakness: Slapstick is susceptible to magics that specifically target Fae creatures.

Background: A prankster from his initial appearance, Slapstick’s history is an enigma to all but himself.

Which is just how his Sidhe family like it.

Slapstick’s father is a lesser member of the Summer Court of the Fae people, while his mother is human. Exactly how the two of them met, let alone conceived a child isn’t known (as the members of the Summer Court aren’t outright malicious, unlike their counterparts in the Winter Court, and wouldn’t force themselves upon a woman) but regardless within a year of their meeting Evan was born.

Unfortunately Evan never got to know his father, who’d returned to the Nevernever, and while his mother loved Evan very much she never was really the same after her lover’s departure. Growing up Evan quickly realized that he wasn’t like most other children - mostly because odd things tended to happen around (such as the bars of the monkey cage disappear when Even wonders if the monkeys would rather be free than live in a cage, or the time when he awoke in the middle of the night to find that his be was floating three feet off the ground and would “swim through the air” if he paddled it like a boat, just to name a few).

When Evan was seventeen years old he felt what’s best described as a "calling", or a choice he had to make – to remain human and live his life as a normal person and suffer no more “strange episodes” or to fully embrace his Fae heritage and become one of the Sidhe. For Evan it wasn’t a difficult decision to make as he’d spent much of his childhood reading stories about the Fae people and understood a good deal about them.

It was a few years later when Evan made his first public appearance as Slapstick; it was in the United Kingdom, where he robbed a bank of their coin and bill wrappers using what looked to be just slinkys and silly putty. When he next appeared Slapstick found himself facing Britanna as well as agents from the Ministry of Powers (the U.K.’s answer to AEGIS), who were actually waiting to spring a trap upon members of Eurostar when Slapstick wondered his way into their trap instead. He was able to escape by clever use of what seemed to be large amounts of itching powder and cheese-in-a-can, at which point he was put on the Ministry’s Top Ten list and after months of chasing wild rumors and half-lies they were close to catching him (at least that’s what they said) only for Slapstick to up and vanish completely.

It was several months later when he was next appeared, this time in America New York, specifically. This time Slapstick was caught on camera saving mogul David Rhodes from an assassination attempt while apparently shopping for a Statue of Liberty souvenir. A week after that, Slapstick stole all of the shoes of every member of New York police all so they could get good quality shoes not have to suffer from “flat feet” anymore. Following that he showed up at a show being done by the Hell’s Belles when they played Bay City, stealing pieces of their instruments (all the guitar strings, the drum head and cymbals, and the black keys off the keyboard) just before their performance was about to begin. Since then, Slapstick has showed up all across the U.S., often in the midst of committing strange crimes, which has led to him battling both heroes and villains using nothing more than his practical joke styled magic (as AEGIS’ Division 5 has determined) and witty puns.

Although he is a criminal in most respects, Slapstick tries not to truly hurt people if he can, preferring to go for laughs and wounded pride than actually harming anyone. In fact, he’s often gone so far as saving people from disasters instead of just being a bystander, and has even helped civil servants stop fires and rescue victims from vehicle wrecks. Though these are heroic acts, Slapstick will often off-set these good deeds by doing something a bit more dastardly afterward, such as stealing the spots off the firehouse’s mascot or replacing the oxygen in the firefighter’s tanks with nitrous oxide.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:45 am, edited 4 times in total.

-- Chiun

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by EnigmaticOne » Fri May 10, 2013 5:41 pm

Ok, are you calling me out, Tattooman? If so, it's on! :lol:
Impeach the peach!

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Fri May 10, 2013 6:37 pm

Maybe I am EO. :wink:

But seriously I like to cruise through Sketchpad’s Acts of Villainy from time to time, cause there are some really good characters there and I only need to do a little bit of tweeking to the build for one (or) of the following;

A) Suit my personal design tastes (and more importantly since I handle Skill cost per rank differently than the core rules do).
B) The character fits with an idea I’ve been working on and not been able to get much done yet for some reason….
C) The character has some idea (the way a power is put together, a theme for the character, or something along those lines) that I find highly interesting and want to try it out to see how it works.
D) Or the character has something in their story/background/personality that I find highly interesting and see good RPing opportunities in using.

Thus when I saw Crakerjack my first thought was “Harlequin’s got an arch that has a minor tie to his dad!” (that is to say, I came up with the very minor tie) and the rest is history.

So yeah, this was one of those cases where I had a certain character in mind when I was working on a villain.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Undertow

Post by Tattooedman » Wed May 15, 2013 6:45 pm

Undertow:
PL:
Strength 8
Stamina 8
Agility 4
Dexterity 3
Fighting 6
Intellect 0
Awareness 1
Presence 0

Skills: Acrobatics 2 (+6), Athletics 2 (+10), Insight 6 (+7), Perception 6 (+7), Stealth 4 (+8.)

Advantages: Accurate Attack, Close Attack 2, Improved Initiative, Language [Base: Atlantean; English], Ranged Attack

Powers: Aquatic Physiology:
Communication 1 [mental (close range - 100 ft)]
Immunity 3 [Environmental Cold, Suffocation (Drowning), Pressure]
Movement 1 [Environmental Adaptation (Aquatic)]
Senses 2 [Darkvision]

Outrageous Movement Array:
Swimming: Swimming 6
-Great Leaps: Leaping 6

Mystic Energy Array:
Concentrated Beam: Ranged Damage 13
-Force Beam: Move Object 13 (Flaw: Limited [Away Only])
-Rapid Fire Blast: Ranged Damage 8 (Extra: Multiattack)
-Wide Angle Blast: Damage 8 (Extra: Area [Cone] 2)

Offense: Initiative +8
Melee Attack +8
Ranged Attack +4

Defense: Dodge +8
Parry +8
Toughness +8
Fortitude +8
Will +7

Costs: Abilities 60+ Skills 10+ Advantages 6+ Powers 47+ Defenses 12= 135 pts.

Height: 5'8"
Weight: 120 lbs
Hair: Black
Eye Color: Green

Complications:
Burning Bright: Undertow inherited the power that the Ocean Master got when he made a deal with the demon Neron but that energy can build up inside Undertow, causing him great pain unless he periodically releases some of it.

Sins Of The Father: Undertow’s dad is the Ocean Master, in some circles that means he’s the son of a joke villain while in others it means he’s the son of a ruthless madman. Neither is a good legacy to be attached to.

Temper: Between the way his own people treated him growing up and containing the constantly burning mystic energies inside his body have left Undertow on the edge of lashing out at others in anger with little provocation.

Background: When the Ocean Master conquered the Dreaming City, one of several “lost” Atlantean cities, he took many rites of conquest; including having his way with the daughters of different members of the ruling council of the Dreaming City with Marius being the product of one of those many trysts.

Marius’ birth was odd as he was conceived and born within a six month period of time but he showed none of the usual signs of a child born premature, in fact he seemed to be the picture of health. Eventually after almost a year of being ruled by the Ocean Master, the Dreaming City was freed by Aquaman and his allies who had come seeking to reunite the “Lost Cities of Atlantis” to combat an alien threat but nothing was said of Marius to the heroes and the boy was raised by his mother and her family.

Things wouldn’t go smoothly as many of the cities’ people knew of Marius’ connection to the Ocean Master and treated him with scorn and contempt due to his connection to their former conqueror in addition to his unique lifespan; which had him aging faster than normal and by the age of three Marius had physically aged into a child of around ten (fortunately his mind seemed to be maturing just as fast). Eventually city mystics contributed his rapid aging to be related somehow to the growing energies his body was starting to produce, which in fact were very similar to the energies his father manipulated (and had been expanded upon by the demon Neron in exchange for the Ocean Master’s soul) and they announced that they would teach Marius how to control that energy.

Not only was this for his own well being, but they mystics sought to teach Marius several lessons of morality that they feared he would need to temper the influence of the power he’d inherited from his corrupt father. What they ended up doing was turning Marius into an angry young man with a frighteningly large amount of power that bucked authority, so much so that eventually Marius was cast out of his home out of a fear he would follow his father’s path and eventually conquer the city and he soon came to the surface world with a purpose. Say what you want about Atlanteans, but they are a proud people and Marius is no different in that regard and so he now works to prove he is not his father’s son and instead of causing destruction and pain he would stop those who followed his father’s path thus proving he isn’t the monster his people thought he was.

Noting too fancy here really, just my character, Undertow, from Horsenhero’s Young Injustice game. But boy did I have fun mixing Aquaman with Cyclops :mrgreen: .

As the game goes on I plan to focus more on Undertow’s skills and advantages, giving him ranks in Expertise [Magic] and Ritualist to show his mystical background as well as a couple skills to round him out since most of his pp went to building him to fit the concept I had for his powers and abilities.

-- Chiun

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Shock » Wed May 15, 2013 7:12 pm

He hits really hard for a PL9.

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Wed May 15, 2013 7:35 pm

Yeah that was a big part of the idea for him; Undertow inherited the energy that Ocean Master got from his deal with Neron (though he doesn't have to worry as much about suffering from it like dear old dad used to) but I did throw in a complicaiton about it if he doesn't occationally let some of it out.

Like I told HH, my plan is that a lot of the time I'll end up using Accurate Attack to bring down the ranks on the blast to make sure that Undertow can actually hit what he's aiming for and only on super serious threats use the the blast unmodified.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Freedom Beast

Post by Tattooedman » Tue May 28, 2013 2:05 am

Freedom Beast:
PL:
Strength 6
Stamina 6
Agility 8
Dexterity 5
Fighting 8
Intellect 0
Awareness 3
Presence 0

Skills: Acrobatics 8 (+14), Athletics 8 (+14), Insight 6 (+9), Intimidation 8 (+8.), Perception 6 (+9), Persuasion 6 (+6), Ranged Combat [Thrown Objects] 4 (+10), Stealth 6 (+12)

Advantages: Animal Empathy, Chokehold, Close Attack 2, Cunning Fighter, Daze [Intimidation], Defensive Roll 2, Evasion 2, Favored Environment [Jungles], Grabbing Finesse, Great Endurance, Improved Feint, Improved Grab, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Instant Up, Language [Native: Afrikaans; English], Move-By Action, Prone Fighting, Ranged Attack, Skill Mastery [Stealth], Takedown 2, Uncanny Dodge, Tracking

Powers: Mt. Kilimangjaro Elixir Enhancements:
Leaping 2
Movement 2 [Wall-Crawling 2] (Flaw: Limited [Must have hand holds available])
Speed 3

B'wana Beast Helmet: (Removable -12 pts) [48 pp]
Beast Speak: Comprehend 2 [speak & understand animals]
Control The Beasts: Ranged Affliction 8 [Dazed, Compelled, Controlled; resisted by Will] (Extras: Cumulative, Perception); (Flaw: Limited [Animals Only])
Create Chimera: Summon 8 [120 pt minion] (Extras: Controlled, Variable [Broad Type: Chimeras]); (Flaw: Limited [must have 2 animals present to create chimera from])

Offense: Initiative +12
Melee Attack +10
Ranged Attack +6 // Thrown Objects Attack +10

Defense: Dodge +8
Parry +8
Toughness +8*/+6 [*Defensive Roll]
Fortitude +8
Will +8

Costs: Abilities 72+ Skills 18+ Advantages 26+ Powers 55+ Defenses 7= 178 pts.

Height: 6’4”
Weight: 300 lbs
Hair: Black
Eye Color: Brown

Equipment: Supplied Global Guardians Communicator

Complications:
Animal-Like Behavior: Freedom Beast tends to follow baser animal instincts in general - such as establishing his dominance in a group he is a part of (which makes him come off as overbearing and something of an alpha male).

Responsibility: Freedom Beast is dedicated to protecting animal life as much as human life.

Background: Dominic Mndawe was born in South Africa and raised during the apartheid, becoming dedicated to bettering his country. At an early point in his younger years Dominic was arrested for taking pictures of violent acts commited by white Afrikaner policeman, with racial motivations but was rescued by Animal Man and B'Wanna Beast.

B'Wana Beast, who was looking to retire, gave Dominic the elixir and helmet that had given him his powers as well as becoming his mentor in heroics. Working with Animal Man, Dominic managed to prevent the massacre of a peaceful demonstration by the same Afrikaner police that had tried to kill him.

Dominic, calling himself Freedom Beast, was active during the Day of Vengence and Infinite Crisis where he was mostly involved working with the magic users about his connection to the Red at Stone Henge and took part in the final battle against the O.M.A.C.'s. Later on he joined the restarted Global Guardians, representing South Africa, but like his teammates fell under the sway of the Faceless Hunters mental manipulations that led to them fighting against Green Lantern Hal Jordan until the Martian Manhunter was able to remove the telepathic triggers that had been placed in their minds. During the Final Crisis, Freedom Beast fought against Darkseid's Justifiers at the Dome. Unfortunately afterwards, Freedom Beast was among the many killed during the massacre of Congorilla's family troop.

Well, I've been off the boards for a little over a week now and during that time I did get married and take a nice honeymoon on one of the Great Lakes (which was awesome in ways I can't really express properly) but I did work on a few things.

Like this build, among a few others (that are coming later on, but are more for the games I run). But what can I say? I like quirky, odd characters and Freedom Beast is definately one of those kinds of characters.

I can't really say I'm surprised at what he final costs were given the powers he has but I like how he came out overall.

-- Chiun