World of Freedom: FC Setting Builds....

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: World of Freedom: New FC Setting characters

Post by Arkrite » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:54 am

Horsenhero wrote:Ha! I find it pretty funny that Sean was sent with a group of people to help the Arcadian Academy kids handle their powers, etc when they've got a more powerful version of Sean already there! Warren is pretty cool, but he makes Sundial a touch redundant...ooh...except Sean can fly.
Yeah, I thought pretty much the same thing when I saw Will.
Mind you flying bricks all pretty much look the same but still.

Love the writeups on the school, interesting stuff. And I swear I saw a PS238 refference in there...

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Will Stronghold

Post by kenseido » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:10 am

Tattooedman wrote:Will Stronghold
T-Man, since Grappling is now capped in 3e, your Enhanced Strength limited to Lifting and Grappling throws Will out of caps by 5 PL.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:37 am

catsi563 wrote:Neat stuff alla round.

just curious no Sam in Dannys background? she was the one who convinced him to become a hero originally. :)
Thanks.

Well I might go back and add that since I've only seen about 10 episodes of Danny Phantom and it was second season stuff. The history I put together was somewhat based on things said from that exposure.
Horsenhero wrote:Ha! I find it pretty funny that Sean was sent with a group of people to help the Arcadian Academy kids handle their powers, etc when they've got a more powerful version of Sean already there! Warren is pretty cool, but he makes Sundial a touch redundant...ooh...except Sean can fly.
The idea behind the Albrighters going to Bay City and meeting with the kids from the AA was more of helping them find their way in dealing with the press and soon to be coming public lives they'll be living.
Arkrite wrote:Yeah, I thought pretty much the same thing when I saw Will.
Mind you flying bricks all pretty much look the same but still.

Love the writeups on the school, interesting stuff. And I swear I saw a PS238 refference in there...
Yeah similar powers are going to happen, I'm no Michuru unfortunately. I tend to keep going back to standard power sets.

And you did see a small reference to PS238, it's the grade school for Jokertown but since I know virtually nothing about it aside from it's a school for younger kids with powers I didn't want to get into it too much. I did think it fit with the idea of what I was trying to do with schools for Jokertown though and that was why I tossed in that reference since second generation Jokers & Wild Strikers often times have active superhuman abilities.

kenseido wrote:
Tattooedman wrote:Will Stronghold
T-Man, since Grappling is now capped in 3e, your Enhanced Strength limited to Lifting and Grappling throws Will out of caps by 5 PL.
Arrrggh. Right you are, I'd forgotten about Grappling being capped in 3E. Fixed now, thanks for pointing that out.

Plus I have more builds of the AA students to come. What can I say? I think I suffer from a building compulsion.....
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Gizmo

Post by Tattooedman » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:50 am

Gizmo:
PL:
Strength 0
Stamina 2
Agility 3
Dexterity 3
Fighting 4
Intellect 4
Awareness 2
Presence 0

Skills: Acrobatics 3 (+6), Close Combat [Spider Leg Slap] 4 (+8.), Deception 8 (+8.), Expertise [Computers] 9 (+13), Expertise [Science] 10 (+14), Insight 5 (+7), Investigation 3 (+7), Perception 6 (+8.), Ranged Combat [Laser Pistol] 4 (+8.), Stealth 4 (+11), Technology 12 (+16)

Advantages: Equipment 3, Inventor, Online Research, Ranged Attack, Speed of Thought

Powers: Dwarf Stature: Shrinking 4 [Small Size; -1 Strength, -2 Intimidation; +2 Dodge/Parry, +4 Stealth] (Extra: Permanent); (Feat: Innate)
Quick Thinker: Quickness 4 (Feat: Innate); (Flaw: Limited [Mental Tasks Only])

Technoharness: (Removable –9 pts) [37 pp]
AI Database: Feature 1 [Computer]
Bat-Like Wings: Flight 9
-Spider-Like Legs:
Extra Limbs 6 (Extra: Continuous)
Movement 2 [Wall-Crawling 2]
Speed 2
Spider Leg Slap: Damage 8 (Feat: Improved Critical 2, Improved Smash)
Combat Computer:
Enhanced Dodge 4
Enhanced Parry 4
Electronic Domination: Affliction 8 [Dazed, Compelled, Controlled; resisted by Will] (Flaw: Limited [cyborgs and machines only])
Protective Layers: Protection 4

Offense: Initiative +4
Melee Attack +4 // Spider Leg Slap Attack +8
Ranged Attack +4 // Laser Blaster Attack +8

Defense: Dodge +10
Parry +10
Toughness +6
Fortitude +5
Will +5

Equipment: Flash Goggles
Flashlight
Issued Commlink
Laptop
Laser Pistol [Ranged Damage 5]
Smartphone

Costs: Abilities 38+ Skills 24+ Advantages 7+ Powers 50+ Defenses 13= 132 pts.

Height: 3’7”
Weight: 102 lbs
Hair: Brown (shaved bald)
Eye Color: Brown

Complications:
Colorful Language: Gizmo has a habit of using unique adjectives to express himself when dealing with other people, if they annoy him he’ll call them a variety of names (from a dumb crud, sleazebag, or a snotsucker among others).

Gotta Build It!: Gizmo is always tinkering with one project or another, either to make money for himself or to improve his Technoharness.

Background: From what the staff at the Arcadian Academy can tell, Myron O’Jeneus doesn’t have any powers. What he dose possess however is an impressive intellect for someone his age and a deep grasp of several high tech fields of study.

Myron has been allowed to attend the AA as Donald Henderson realized that coming from the rougher part of town would do Myron no good in his education and that attending the AA would at least allow him to expand his educational boundaries further than he would at any other public school.

Unfortunately Myron has a bit of a chip on his small shoulder and often times can be found arguing with some of his fellow classmen, often times insulting them as they don’t agree with whatever it is he has to say that day. To put it simply – Myron is a bit of a jerk and doesn’t bother trying to relate better to others, thinking that his intellect makes him better than the vast majority of his classmates.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Jinx

Post by Tattooedman » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:52 am

Jinx:
PL:
Strength 1
Stamina 3
Agility 3
Dexterity 3
Fighting 4
Intellect 1
Awareness 1
Presence 2

Skills: Acrobatics 2 (+5/+11), Deception 8 (+10), Expertise [Criminal] 6 (+7), Expertise [Pop Culture] 5 (+6), Expertise [Streetwise] 5 (+6), Insight 8 (+9), Intimidate 8 (+10), Perception 7 (+8.), Persuasion 4 (+6/+8.), Ranged Combat [Probability Manipulation Array] 4 (+8.), Stealth 7 (+10)

Advantages: Accurate Attack, Attractive, Close Attack 4, Defensive Roll 2, Evasion, Improved Feint, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Precise Attack [ranged; cover], Ranged Attack, Set Up, Teamwork

Powers: Naturally Agile: (Feat: Innate)
Enhanced Skill 1 [Acrobatics +3]
Leaping 2

Probability Manipulation Array:
Hex Bolts: Ranged Damage 8 (Extra: Penetrating)
-Bad Vibes: Damage 8 (Extra: Alternate Resistance [Will])
-Unlucky Girl: Luck Manipulation 2 [Force other to re-roll & take worst result, Negate other’s use of HP] (Feat: Luck 2)
-Watch Your Step: Ranged Affliction 8 [Hindered & Vulnerable, Defenseless & Immobilized; resisted by Dodge] (Extras: Cumulative, Extra Condition); (Flaw: Limited Degree)

Tougher Than She Looks: Protection 3

Offense: Initiative +7
Melee Attack +8
Ranged Attack +4 // Probability Manipulation Array Attack +8

Defense: Dodge +8
Parry +8
Toughness +8*/+6 [*Defensive Roll]
Fortitude +7
Will +9

Costs: Abilities 36+ Skills 22+ Advantages 16+ Powers 35+ Defenses 21= 130 pts.

Height: 5’6”
Weight: 103 lbs
Hair: Pink
Eye Color: Pink

Complications:
Obsession: Jinx wants equality between Jokers, Wild Strikers and T-Babies, they all have pretty much the same problems anyways so no one group should get ‘special treatment’.

On The Run: Jinx managed to get away from the Shadow Academy, but she knows they’re still looking for her.

Prejudice: Second generation Joker.

Prejudice: Bad luck themed powers.

Background: The girl who calls herself Jinx has never revealed any of his history to the staff of the Arcadian Academy, and with good reason.

She is a runaway student of the Shadow Academy, in particular from her instructor Brother Blood.

Jinx spent an undetermined amount of time at the Shadow Academy being trained in various criminal skills from breaking and entering to metahuman combat, all of which she is well versed in as failing students are rumored to be tortured until they perform better. Eventually she used those skills to make her escape from where the Shadow Academy was then located (as the school is somehow mobile thanks to a magical artifact Taurus keeps within its walls) and while living on the streets of Bay City heard about the Arcadian Academy then promptly approached them to be allowed into the school.

Most of the AA’s staff believe that Jinx is the victim of abuse at the hands of her parents and thus the reason for her not sharing any relevant information about herself, a belief that Jinx is more than willing to let them continue having. She is worried that at some point Brother Blood will learn where she is, especially with Henderson coming out and supporting Langston Albright’s T-Cell Inflected program which has brought much more intense media attention to the AA as a result.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Mammoth

Post by Tattooedman » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:54 am

Mammoth:
PL:
Strength 12 (1)
Stamina 10 (1)
Agility 2
Dexterity 2
Fighting 4
Intellect 0
Awareness 1
Presence 0

Skills: Expertise [Pop Culture] 2 (+2), Expertise [Streetwise] 4 (+4), Insight 6 (+7), Intimidation 12 (+12), Perception 6 (+7), Ranged Combat [Thrown Objects] 2 (+4), Stealth 6 (+8.)

Advantages: Benefit [Iron Stomach], Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Power Attack, Startle, Takedown

Powers: Superhuman Strength:
Enhanced Strength 11
Enhanced Strength 4 (Flaw: Limited [Lifting Only])
Leaping 3

Superhumanly Tough:
Enhanced Stamina 9
Impervious Toughness 8

Feats Of Super Strength:
-Groundstrike: Damage 8 (Extra: Area [Line]); (Flaws: Limited [Mammoth & his targets must be on the ground])
-Shockwave: Affliction 8 [Dazed & Vulnerable, Stunned & Prone; resisted by Dodge/ Fortitude] (Extra: Area [Burst], Extra Condition); (Flaws: Limited Degree, Limited [Mammoth & his targets must be on the ground])

Offense: Initiative +2
Melee Attack +4
Ranged Attack +2 // Thrown Objects Attack +4

Defense: Dodge +6
Parry +6
Toughness +10* [*Impervious 8]
Fortitude +11
Will +4

Costs: Abilities 22+ Skills 13+ Advantages 7+ Powers 57+ Defenses 10= 109 pts.

Height: 7’2”
Weight: 300 lbs
Hair: Red
Eye Color: Whitish-yellow

Complications:
Family First: Mammoth is protective of his sister Shimmer, and if someone hurts her he will immediately go after them to make them pay.

Prejudice: Second generation Wild Striker.

Background: Nothing of the life of the Flinders siblings has been confirmed by the staff of the Arcadian Academy aside from the fact that they are both second generation Wild Strikers. That was enough to get the two of them enrolled in the AA and while Selinda is more content to keep to herself for the most part, Byron has opened up somewhat and managed to develop a few friendships.

Unfortunately these friendships have been forged over a shared interest in bullying the other students of the AA. Together with Lash and Speed, Mammoth (as Byron chose to code name himself) are developing a reputation as the bullies of the school and more than likely the usual suspects when other students are having a problem with a classmate.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Shimmer

Post by Tattooedman » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:55 am

Shimmer:
PL:
Strength 0
Stamina 4
Agility 2
Dexterity 2
Fighting 4
Intellect 1
Awareness 2
Presence 0

Skills: Close Combat [Transmutation Array] 4 (+8.), Deception 6 (+8.), Expertise [Streetwise] 4 (+5), Insight 6 (+8.), Intimidation 6 (+8.), Perception 6 (+8.), Stealth 8 (+10)

Advantages: Daze [Deception], Daze [Intimidation], Defensive Roll 2, Improved Initiative, Set-Up, Teamwork

Powers: Transmutation Array:
Transmute Things: Transform 8 [anything into anything else] (Extra: Continuous); (Feat: Reach); (Flaw: Quirk [Instant Recovery after a few minutes])
-Transmute People: Affliction 8 [Dazed & Hindered, Immobilized & Stunned, Incapacitated & Transformed; resisted by Dodge/Fortitude] (Extras: Continuous, Extra Condition); (Feat: Reach); (Flaw: Quirk [Instant Recovery after a few minutes])

Offense: Initiative +6
Melee Attack +4 // Transmutation Array Attack +8
Ranged Attack +2

Defense: Dodge +10
Parry +10
Toughness +6*/+4 [*Defensive Roll]
Fortitude +5
Will +6

Costs: Abilities 30+ Skills 14+ Advantages 7+ Powers 49+ Defenses 19= 119 pts.

Height: 5’6”
Weight: 112 lbs
Hair: Red
Eye Color: Green

Complications:
Family First: Shimmer is protective of her brother Mammoth, and if someone hurts him she will immediately go after them to make them pay.

Prejudice: Second generation Wild Striker.

Temper: Shimmer is known for having a short fuse.

Background: Nothing of the life of the Flinders siblings has been confirmed by the staff of the Arcadian Academy aside from the fact that they are both second generation Wild Strikers. That was enough to get the two of them enrolled in the AA and while Byron has opened up somewhat and managed to develop a few friendships, Selinda has been more than content to keep to herself for the most part.

She rarely socializes with her classmates or anyone else for that matter, aside from her brother, and that is something that worries several members of the school’s staff – they wonder if they’re not perhaps teaching one of tomorrow’s psychopathic criminals. As such they tend to try and keep a closer eye on Selinda than they do other students.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Speed

Post by Tattooedman » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:56 am

Speed:
PL:
Strength 2
Stamina 6 (4)
Agility 4
Dexterity 4
Fighting 4
Intellect 0
Awareness 1
Presence 0

Skills: Acrobatics 2 (+8.), Expertise [Pop Culture] 4 (+4), Insight 6 (+7), Intimidation 9 (+9), Perception 6 (+7), Stealth 6 (+10)

Advantages: Close Attack 4, Daze [Intimidation], Startle

Powers: Speedster Physiology:
Enhanced Stamina 4
Immunity 1 [Friction Heat]
Super Speed:
Enhanced Advantages 13 [Agile Feint, Evasion 2, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative 4, Move-By Action, Redirect, Seize Initiative, Takedown, Uncanny Dodge]
Enhanced Dodge 5
Enhanced Parry 5
Quickness 10
Speed 10
Speed’s Stunts Array:
Vacuum: Affliction 6 [Fatigued, Exhausted, Incapacitated; resisted by Fortitude] (Extras: Area [Burst], Cumulative, Duration [Concentration])
-Rapid Attack: Strength-Based Damage 6 (Extra: Multiattack)

Offense: Initiative +20
Melee Attack +8
Ranged Attack +4

Defense: Dodge +9
Parry +9
Toughness +6
Fortitude +6
Will +5

Costs: Abilities 30+ Skills 11+ Advantages 6+ Powers 77+ Defenses 4= 128 pts.

Height: 5’10”
Weight: 155 lbs
Hair: Black
Eye Color: Blue

Complications:
Reputation: Speed is becoming known as one fo the bullies of the Arcadian Academy.

Background: Speed hasn’t revealed anything about his past to any of the staff of the Arcadian Academy. In the few months he’s been attending the school Speed has become close with fellow students Lash and Mammoth and the three of them have developed a reputation as the bullies of the AA.

-- Chiun

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arkrite » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:57 am

Tattooedman wrote:Yeah similar powers are going to happen, I'm no Michuru unfortunately. I tend to keep going back to standard power sets.
Yeah, I was just shaking my head a bit when I read it though.

Uber Strength: evenly matched.
Flight: Will wins, plus can fly with heavy weights
Spunky girl sidekick: Richard = Jeanie, Will = Layla
Indestructable: Richard has small edge in sheer toughness, otherwise evenly matched
Unable to control powers: evenly matched
Remind me to sue Will if we ever survive our run in with the Shadow Academy and Roulette.

And to boost Richard's strength some more. Take that Will! ;~)

Tattooedman wrote: And you did see a small reference to PS238, it's the grade school for Jokertown but since I know virtually nothing about it aside from it's a school for younger kids with powers I didn't want to get into it too much.
PS238 is probably one of the better comics I've read in a long time. It's superhero stuff about kids... who are nice... and heroic! It's pretty much the only superhero comic I've seen in a long time where I can say that.

Remind me to find you the link, most of the comics are online now for free.
Though it seems his website is on the verge of collapsing in on itself.

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Violet Parr

Post by Tattooedman » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:59 am

Violet Parr:
PL:
Strength 1
Stamina 1
Agility 2
Dexterity 2
Fighting 2
Intellect 1
Awareness 2
Presence 1

Skills: Athletics 4 (+5), Expertise [Pop Culture] 4 (+5), Insight 6 (+8.), Perception 6 (+8.), Stealth 7 (+9)

Advantages: Close Attack 4, Improved Initiative, Interpose, Teamwork

Powers: Invisible Girl: Concealment 4 [all Visual Senses] (Extra: Affects Others)
Invisible Barriers: Force Field 11 (Extras: Affects Others, Impervious); (Feat: Subtle)
-Personal Invisible Field: Force Field 10 (Extra: Impervious 11); (Feats: Subtle, Ultimate Effort [Ultimate Toughness Checks])

Offense: Initiative +6
Melee Attack +6
Ranged Attack +2

Defense: Dodge +5
Parry +5
Toughness +11*/+1 [*Personal Invisible Field (Impervious)]
Fortitude +6
Will +8

Costs: Abilities 24+ Skills 9+ Advantages 7+ Powers 43+ Defenses 17= 100 pts.

Height: 5’7”
Weight: 107 lbs
Hair: Black
Eye Color: Blue

Complications:
Crush: Violet finds herself being drawn to her classmate Warren.

Legacy: Violet is the daughter of two superheroes, Mr. Incredible and Elasti-Girl.

Shy: Violet doesn’t handle meeting new people all that well and will sometimes use her powers to fade away so she can go unnoticed.

Background: The eldest of three children, Violet is a quiet girl who mostly wanted to be left alone. Thanks to both her parents being former superheroes, Mr. Incredible and Elasti-Girl respectively, who retired following their discovery that Elasti-Girl was pregnant.

They did this as to protect they’re newly growing family and continued to stay out of the limelight for several years as Violet’s younger brothers were born. But eventually the criminal Syndrome, a former fan of Mr. Incredible turned super-inventor criminal, sought the Parr family in an effort to destroy his former hero and forced Mr. Incredible and Elasti-Girl (who re-named herself Mrs. Incredible) out of retirement to protect their family.

During that adventure, which took the entire family to the a remote island in the Pacific Ocean, Violet and her oldest, younger brother, Dash, both learned ways to use their already manifested powers offensively (their powers emerged when they were both younger and their parents taught them how to control them to maintain the family’s cover) to protect themselves from Syndrome’s hired goons. Eventually the Incredibles, as the family is now collectively known, managed to defeat Syndrome and return to their ‘normal life’.

A few years later the elder Parrs were approached by Donald Henderson with an offer for them both to become teachers at a school he was funding, to be called the Arcadian Academy. It was too help young metahumans, specifically Jokers and Wild Strikers, get help in learning how to control their powers and use them to defend themselves in a world that often tried to make targets of them. The idea appealed to the couple and they agreed, quickly completing a few required college classes they’d need to get certification as teachers.

To that end Violet was enrolled in the AA while her brothers, Dash and Jack-Jack were sent to attend PS328 (a school in Bay City's Jokertown for Joker and Wild Striker adolescents before they were old enough to attend the AA). Not that she was overly thrilled about the idea of leaving her few close friends but realized there was little she could do to change the situation, though once she laid eyes on fellow student Warren Peace she was a bit more open to the new school.

As one of the more experienced students Violet is what is known as a prefect; a senior student that is supposed to help the other students and has a bit of authority over them as well. It’s not something Violet enjoys all that much given her inherent shyness and she often lets students approach her if they need her help instead of being more proactive as she is supposed to be.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:14 am

Arkrite wrote:
Tattooedman wrote:Yeah similar powers are going to happen, I'm no Michuru unfortunately. I tend to keep going back to standard power sets.
Yeah, I was just shaking my head a bit when I read it though.

Uber Strength: evenly matched.
Flight: Will wins, plus can fly with heavy weights
Spunky girl sidekick: Richard = Jeanie, Will = Layla
Indestructable: Richard has small edge in sheer toughness, otherwise evenly matched
Unable to control powers: evenly matched
Remind me to sue Will if we ever survive our run in with the Shadow Academy and Roulette.

And to boost Richard's strength some more. Take that Will! ;~)
Well in all honestly part of the reason I picked Will (and the other from Sky High) is

a) I needed teenagers for the other school.
b) They are some interesting characters.

When it comes to Will part of his thing is that he's said to be the son of one of the one of the most physically powerful heroes to wear a cape. So I decided to go higher with his strength, it wasn't until I'd finished his build that I realized just how similar to Richard he ended up turning out (especially with his issues with his numbness). So that was more of an accident on my part but I thought it gave a nice foil to Rich having someone who could totally understand his problems.

-- Chiun

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arkrite » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:21 am

Yeah, well like I said, the problem with being FISS is that every other FISS looks just like you after awhile. Because they're all based off of the same powers.
It's a part of why I added some of the Terminus features onto Richard, just to help make him a bit different from the rest of the crowd.

It's a shame that they didn't hold off on doing the Sky High movie until around now, it probably would have done much better in the theatres due to the whole superhero craze.

Sue me, I enjoyed it anyways ;~)

I also loved Despicable Me, and Despicable Me 2. Those are surprisingly great movies.

(FISS = Flight Invincibility Super-Strength. It's a common power in PS238 to the point that they've actually started numbering all of the people who gain that power)

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:32 am

Arkrite wrote:Yeah, well like I said, the problem with being FISS is that every other FISS looks just like you after awhile. Because they're all based off of the same powers.
It's a part of why I added some of the Terminus features onto Richard, just to help make him a bit different from the rest of the crowd.
Yeah, mileage will vary but they're all pretty much the same overall.

[quote="Arkrite"It's a shame that they didn't hold off on doing the Sky High movie until around now, it probably would have done much better in the theatres due to the whole superhero craze.

Sue me, I enjoyed it anyways ;~)[/quote]

Heck at this point I'm wanting a sequel, one that follows a new class attending Sky High showing all the changes that have come about because of the first movie.

I got the movie for my kids when they were much younger and found it to be entertaining and I enjoyed as much as they did.
Arkrite wrote:I also loved Despicable Me, and Despicable Me 2. Those are surprisingly great movies.
Haven't seen DM2, but I can wait for DVD/Netflix honestly. I'm not much of a movie-goer nowadays with the prices they charge (and don't get me started on the people in the theater.....last time I went some fellow got mad at me when I told him to shut up during the movies since I paid to see it & not listen to his comments on the movie....needless to say that didn't go over well).

And I'm a huge fan of the Incredibles as well and I'd love to see a sequel to that one too.
Arkrite wrote:(FISS = Flight Invincibility Super-Strength. It's a common power in PS238 to the point that they've actually started numbering all of the people who gain that power)
You could do that with comics nowadays and I think we might have to come up with something higher ranking than billions, but that's just my opinion.

-- Chiun

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arkrite » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:59 am

Tattooedman wrote:Yeah, mileage will vary but they're all pretty much the same overall.
Yeah, after awhile the only thing that makes them different is personality, backstory, physical appearance and levels of sheer power.
And even then a lot of it blends.
Tattooedman wrote:Haven't seen DM2, but I can wait for DVD/Netflix honestly. I'm not much of a movie-goer nowadays with the prices they charge
I can understand that. I'm not entirely all that big on going to the movies either, but my girlfriend enjoys it and I'm trying to make up for the fact that I've been working a lot recently.
I am, however, looking forward to the point where they just release the movies directly to the public.
Theatres used to be great because you got to see it on a massive screen with an excellent sound system that you'd never be able to have anywhere else.

These days? Big screen tvs are getting cheaper (and bigger) all the time, and being deafened by the movie's sound effects is lost on me. I'm already mostly deaf.
It's kind of funny watching the theatres trying so hard to draw people back into the theatres with 3D movies. General response all the way around is that more people would go if it was cheaper. Instead? Minimum 35 bucks to get into a movie for two people with another thirty if you want an overly watered soda and a bag of greasey popcorn.
And the other audience members.

Naw, I think I enjoy vegging out infront of my own TV with terrible action movies and my own snacks, thank you.
Tattooedman wrote:You could do that with comics nowadays and I think we might have to come up with something higher ranking than billions, but that's just my opinion
They've reached at least 84 in PS238 ;~)

ClassDunce
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by ClassDunce » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:33 pm

Lash and Graham are built entirely different though. Other than they basically can stretch to the same length there's next to no similarities in the build. It might be because I designed Graham to be stretchy and bouncy so he's pretty much focused more on immunities which I think makes him kind of unique.
"When they ask how I died, tell them: still angry." - Quellcrist Falconer