World of Freedom: FC Setting Builds....

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: World of Freedom: New FC Setting characters

Post by Arthur Eld » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:35 pm

That's a lot of new good builds T-Man, keep up the great work. :mrgreen:

Loose Cannon in particular was always one of my favorites.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:10 pm

Shock wrote:Witchfire would be perfect for Sean :twisted:
You wish such nice things for my characters.

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:48 am

Arthur Eld wrote:That's a lot of new good builds T-Man, keep up the great work. :mrgreen:

Loose Cannon in particular was always one of my favorites.
Thanks Eld, I've been working on them over the past couple weeks. I've always liked the hero-for-hire angle ever since I first learned about Luke & Iron Fist and thought the Power Company was a solid try by DC, just needed a bit better story. So I figured with a good angle and a bit of work I could have something similar for my setting.

One thing I don't think I really put across very well (as I look over everything now that it's all posted, funny how that works no matter how long you work on them) is that most of the members of the Power Company are spread all across the country; Skyrocket is in St. Louis, Witchfire and Striker Z are in L.A., Loose Cannon, Anima and Gunfire are in New York, Argus is still hanging his hat in Freedom City, Ballistic is kind of all over the place just to name a few. So they can pretty much show up anywhere I might want them to in some way, shape or form.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Shock » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:08 am

Horsenhero wrote:
Shock wrote:Witchfire would be perfect for Sean :twisted:
You wish such nice things for my characters.
What? At least she's a good guy.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:09 am

So true. That would be a first in Sean's love life. Of course these days any character attracted to Sean has to be a bit twisted given his circumstances.

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Spellbinder

Post by Tattooedman » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:56 am

Spellbinder:
PL:
Strength 3
Stamina 3
Agility 4
Dexterity 4
Fighting 8
Intellect 0
Awareness 4
Presence 0

Skills: Acrobatics 7 (+11), Athletics 7 (+10), Close Combat [Unarmed] 5 (+13), Deception 12 (+12), Expertise [Magic] 6 (+6), Expertise [Philosophy] 7 (+7), Insight 8 (+12), Perception 6 (+10), Stealth 8 (+12)

Advantages: Assessment, Daze [Deception], Defensive Roll 4, Evasion, Hide In Plain Sight, Improved Critical [Unarmed] 2, Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Feint, Improved Initiative, Language [Base: English; Mandarin], Power Attack, Precise Attack [close; concealment], Trance, Uncanny Dodge

Powers: Levitation: Flight 1
Mastery Of The Third Eye: Illusion 9 [all senses] (Extra: Area 3 [60 feet])
Posthypnotic Commands: Ranged Affliction 9 [Dazed, Compelled, Controlled; resisted by Will] (Extras: Cumulative, Perception); (Flaw: Limited [Triggered by a specified action performed/phrase being said])

Offense: Initiative +8
Melee Attack +8 // Unarmed Attack +13
Ranged Attack +4

Defense: Dodge +12
Parry +12
Toughness +7*/+3 [*Defensive Roll]
Fortitude +8
Will +12

Costs: Abilities 52+ Skills 23+ Advantages 19+ Powers 91+ Defenses 25= 210 pts.

Height: 5'7"
Weight: Unknown
Hair: Bald
Eye Color: Blue

Complications:
Motivation ~Greed: Spellbinder uses his powers for his financial benefit.

No One Can See Through My Illusions!: Spellbinder is a touch prideful about his mental powers and will go after those who manage to see through his falsehoods.

Background: A martial artist from Shambala Vale who has achieved the power of the "third eye", which allows him to project visual and auditory illusions as well as imbedding posthypnotic commands in people, that has apparently returned to the U.S. to use his abilities to make a profit for himself.

Spellbinder isn't willing to work for anyone, seeing himself above needing someone to direct him in how to use his powers. He often times engages in plots that allow him to stay behind the scenes while he acts through proxies he has planted hypnotic suggestions into or manipulating people with his illusions, often times combining the two by making the hypnotized target see things very differently from how they really are to commit crimes for him.

Notes & Comments wrote:A while ago I stumbled across this old pic of Spellbinder from the Batman cartoon (man I miss that show) and thought he'd make a nice little addition to the setting. I ended up beefing up his ability to fight somewhat since instead of having to deal with Batman he'll have to deal with a whole team of heroes, so a bit of martial artist themed skills that fit given his setting background and I'm debating his having some ninja minions to help him out as well since he's not all that big on working for others. That said Spellbinder might team up with another villain, probably one that is more physical in nature to offset his mental theme but in the long run Spellbinder will either con the hell out of them to keep them under his thumb or else have a backstabbing plan ready to go for when he feels that he no longer 'needs' his partner.

-- Chiun

kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Post by kirinke » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:07 am

I can see him being a good villain for the Albright crew.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:47 am

I'm sorry, but when I see the name Spellbinder, all I can think of is....

Faster than a rolling O!
Stronger than a silent E!
Able to leap a captial T in a single bound!
It's a word!
It's a plan!
It's...

Letterman!

Did I watch a LOT of Electric Company as a child? Yes I did.

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Shock » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:38 pm

I found Spellbinder much more memorable in the Batman Beyond series. Of course this build works almost as well for him too.

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:21 am

I did like Batman Beyond's take on Spellbinder, he made a number of appearances on that show that at first weren't obvious he was the one responsible. I'd have liked to have seen Spellbinder come back on the Batman show but that just didn't happen.

Granted he wasn't much of a threat in that version, being more of a one-trick pony mentalist who wasn't all that much of a physical threat, so Batman easily stomped him once he made his Will Save. I can understand how that limits the ways that the writers could have used him.

Which is why my build of him improved his combat ability. :wink:

Now my next couple of character builds that I'll be posting is something I've been working on this last week; they're based on pictures from the Power Profiles book and I tried to keep them at PL 10/150 pp. It was fun, I got to play around with some of the power options in the book and I might go back later and do a couple of the others and I've considered doing the other, older archetype examples from both the 3e & 2e book.

Though I'm thinking that if I do they won't be cut & paste of them of course and I'll probably make them at least PL 11 or maybe higher. It'll be more of figuring out how to fit them all in the setting, cause I'm always willing to add new characters to my FC setting. :twisted:

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Cybelle

Post by Tattooedman » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:47 am

Cybelle:
PL:
Strength 0
Stamina 0
Agility 1
Dexterity 3
Fighting 4
Intellect 3
Awareness 5
Presence 4

Skills: Deception 8 (+12), Expertise [Magic] 10 (+13), Insight 6 (+11), Intimidation 8 (+12), Perception 6 (+11), Persuasion 8 (+12), Sleight of Hand 6 (+9), Stealth 8 (+9)

Advantages: Inspire 3, Lionheart, Luck, Ritualist, Seize Initiative, Task Focus [Expertise (Magic): the Imageria], Trance

Powers: : Summoned Servants: You can summon “servant” agents to handle various routine, mundane tasks but not useful in conflicts or challenges (similar to the Personnel feature for a headquarters, except portable).
Protective Wards:
Enhanced Dodge 7
Enhanced Parry 7
Protection 8

Fae Bargains Of Servitude I: Summon 10 (Extras: Broad [Creatures from the Imageria], Controlled, Horde); (Feats: Monitor, Multiple Minions x2 [4 total])
-Fae Bargains Of Servitude II: Summon 8 (Extras: Broad [Creatures from the Imageria], Controlled, Horde); (Feats: Monitor, Multiple Minions x3 [8 total])
-Fae Bargains Of Servitude III: Summon 6 (Extras: Broad [Creatures from the Imageria], Controlled, Horde); (Feats: Monitor, Multiple Minions x4 [16 total])

Offense: Initiative +1
Melee Attack +4
Ranged Attack +3

Defense: Dodge +12*/+5 [*Protective Wards]
Parry +12*/+5 [*Protective Wards]
Toughness +8*/+0 [*Protective Wards]
Fortitude +7
Will +12

Costs: Abilities 40+ Skills 20+ Advantages 5+ Powers 88+ Defenses 17= 170 pts.

Height: 5'5:
Hair: Black
Eye Color: Brown

Complications:
Her End Of The Bargain: Cybelle has somehow brokered an agreement with the powers that be in the Imageria to be able to summon some of it's inhabitants, what price she will have to pay eventually (or to who as well) for that arrangement isn't known.

Secret ~The Lodge: Cybelle is a member of the Lodge, and Lodge's most important rule is: Don't talk about the Lodge. Failure to keep the Lodge secret from the general public would be seen as an act which would threaten the lives of all of its members who rely on anonymity to accomplish their goals and avoid reprisals from powerful enemies.

Responsibility ~The Lodge: As a member of the Lodge, Cybelle is expected to help from time to time with magical issues that fall within her realm of expertise, as well as helping out other members who might need a place to stay in times of need.

Background: A member of the Lodge, Cybelle is part of the younger generation that feels the Lodge should be more involved in the world and recently moved to the city of Arcadia. She choose that town as it is home to the largest Ley Line Nexuses in the United States and has become something of a focal point in the mystical community; so much so that both the Lodge and the Brimstone House both have established chapter houses there to try and manipulate things (granted both do it for their own purposes and reasons). She feels that her summoning magic is best suited to this endeavor as it allows her to stay out of sight while her creatures handle the 'heavy lifting' of the problems she felt she might encounter.

While she continues to support the Lodge's chapter house, Cybelle has also decided to become more active in the workings of the city; especially with the Mayombe having moved there to restart themselves after almost being destroyed by Siren in New Orleans. She's also ran afoul of her opposite in the Brimstone House - Flay, though he has much more support from his parent organization than Cybelle gets. Recently she's been dealing with the unaffiliated mystical criminal Master Pandemonium, though he's more interested in increasing his own personal power than ruling the world.

Fae Bargains Of Servitude Sidebar:
Obsidian Stone Golem:
PL:
Strength 12
Stamina --
Agility 0
Dexterity 0
Fighting 0
Intellect --
Awareness 0
Presence 0

Skills: Intimidation 6 (+8.)

Advantages: Close Attack 4, Startle

Powers: Construct Physiology:
Obsidian Rock Hide: Protection 12 (Extra: Impervious)
Construct: Immunity 60 [Fortitude Effects, Will Effects]
Giant Sized: Growth 4 [12 feet tall; +4 Strength, +4 Toughness, +2 Intimidation, +4 Mass; -2 Dodge/Parry, -4 Stealth] (Extra: Continuous); (Feat: Innate); (Flaw: Permanent)

Offense: Initiative +0
Melee Attack +4
Ranged Damage +0

Defense: Dodge +2* [*Includes Growth Modifiers]
Parry +2* [*Includes Growth Modifiers]
Toughness +12* [*Impervious]
Fortitude N/A
Will N/A

Complications:
Responsibility: To their master/mistress.

Single Minded: Golems generally follow orders to the letter; if told to prevent anyone from entering a room through a door they will fight until defeated/destroyed keeping anyone from using that door, but they won't lift a finger to stop someone smashing their way through the wall at a location not 10 feet away from the door.

Vulnerable: All Fae are vulnerable to cold iron/steel. It eliminates any Impervious Toughness or Magical Protection and inflicts an additional degree of damage/failure on a failed check against weapons/effects that involved them.

Costs: Abilities -14+ Skills 2+ Advantages 5+ Powers 89+ Defenses 8= 90 pts.

Lizardfolk:
PL:
Strength 5
Stamina 5
Agility 2
Dexterity 2
Fighting 4
Intellect -1
Awareness 1
Presence -1

Skills: Athletics 3 (+8/+14), Expertise [Survival] 6 (+5), Intimidation 6 (+5/+6), Perception 6 (+7)

Advantages: Equipment, Improved Trip, Ranged Attack 2, Takedown, Teamwork

Powers: Big Brute: Growth 2 [+2 Strength, +2 Stamina, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth, +1 Intimidation, +2 Mass] (Extra: Permanent); (Feat: Innate)
Scaly Hide: Protection 2
Cold-Blooded: Immunity 1 [Heat]
Lizardfolk Senses: Senses 3 [Low-Light Vision, Infravision, Olfactory (Acute)]
Semi-Aquatic:
Enhanced Skills 2 [Athletics +6 (Flaw: Limited to swim checks)]
Immunity 2 [Suffocation (Flaw: Limited [Half Effect])]
Movement 1 [Environmental Adaptation (Underwater)]
Tail Slap: Affliction 5 [Dazed & Vulnerable, Stunned & Prone; resisted by Parry/Fortitude] (Extra: Extra Condition); (Flaw: Limited Degrees)

Offense: Initiative +2
Close Attack +4
Ranged Attack +4

Defense: Dodge +4* [*Includes Growth Modifiers]
Parry +5* [*Includes Growth Modifiers]
Toughness +7
Fortitude +7
Will +2

Equipment: Greatclub: Strength-Based Damage 3
-Spears: Thrown Damage 3 (Feat: Improved Critical)

Complications:
Vulnerable: Being cold-blooded, Lizardfolk hate the cold and take an extra degree of failure against cold-based effects.

Vulnerable: All Fae are vulnerable to cold iron/steel. It eliminates any Impervious Toughness or Magical Protection and inflicts an additional degree of damage/failure on a failed check against weapons/effects that involved them.

Costs: Abilities 30+ Skills 7+ Advantages 6+ Powers 22+ Defenses 10= 75 pts.

*Based on builds done by Thorpacolypse

Bulette:
PL:
Strength 8
Stamina 9
Agility 0
Dexterity 0
Fighting 5
Intellect -4
Awareness 1
Presence -2

Skills: Athletics 3 (+11), Intimidation 0 (-2/+1), Perception 7 (+8), Stealth 8 (+8/+2)

Advantages: Close Attack 3, Fast Grab, Improved Initiative, Takedown

Powers: Bulette Size: Growth 6 [+6 Strength, +6 Stamina, -3 Dodge/Parry, -6 Stealth, +3 Intimidation, Speed +0, +6 Mass] (Extra: Permanent); (Feat: Innate)
Underground Sense: Feature 1 [You can automatically sense when you are underground, as well as the approximate depth]
Bulette Senses: Senses 10 [Darkvision, Olfactory (Acute, Ranged, Extended, Tracking), Tremorsense (Touch; Acute, Ranged, Extended 2)]
Carapace: Protection 3 (Extra: Impervious 5)
Burrowing: Burrowing 5 (2 mph), Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation [Underground]); 7 pts
Bite: Strength-Based Damage 2
Quick Jump: Leaping 1
Ground Eruption: Environment 1 [30 ft radius: Impede Movement 1] (Extra: Continuous, Permanent); (Flaw: Limited to area Bulette emerges from or burrows into)

Offense: Initiative +4
Close Attack +8
Ranged Attack +0

Defenses: Dodge +3* [*Includes Growth Modifiers]
Parry +6* [*Includes Growth Modifiers]
Toughness +12* [*Impervious 5]
Fortitude +12
Will +4

Complications:
Disability: Bulette's cannot speak nor use their paws to easily manipulate objects.

Motivation: They are almost always hungry and will attack anything they think they can eat at pretty much anytime.

Costs: Abilities 10+ Skills 6+ Advantages 6+ Powers 49+ Defenses 16 = 87 pts.

Hellhounds:
PL:
Strength 6
Stamina 6
Agility 2
Dexterity 2
Fighting 6
Intellect -2
Awareness 2
Presence -2

Skills: Acrobatics 5 (+7), Athletics 7 (+13), Expertise [Survival] 7 (+9), Insight 6 (+8.), Intimidation 14 (+12), Perception 6 (+8.), Stealth 7 (+9)

Advantages: All-Out Attack, Close Attack 4, Improved Initiative 2, Move-By Action, Power Attack, Precise Attack [melee; concealment], Teamwork

Powers: Hellhound Physiology:
Speed 3
Leaping 2
Protection 4
Immunity 5 [Fire Damage]
Regeneration 3
Senses 4 [Darkvision, Olfactory (Acute, Tracking 2)]
Hellfire: Damage 10 (Extra: Area [Cone])
-Hellfire Bite: Strength-Based Damage 4 (Feat: Improved Critical 2)

Offense: Initiative +10
Melee Attack +10
Ranged Attack +2

Defense: Dodge +10
Parry +10
Toughness +10
Fortitude +11
Will +9

Complications:
Disability: Hellhounds cannot use their paws to easily manipulate objects.

Costs: Abilities 40+ Skills 18+ Advantages 11+ Powers 42+ Defences 24= 135 pts.

Shellycobbs:
PL:
Strength 1
Stamina 2
Agility 0
Dexterity 0
Fighting 0
Intellect -3
Awareness 1
Presence -2

Skills: Perception 2 (+2), Stealth 4 (+4/+8.)

Advantages: Close Attack 3, Favored Environment [Aquatic], Teamwork

Powers: Small Size: Shrinking 4 [-1 Strength, +2 Dodge/Parry, +4 Stealth; -2 Intimidation, Speed -1, -1 Mass] (Extra: Permanent); (Feat: Innate)
Hard Shell: Protection 2 (Extra: Impervious 3)
Shellycobb Physiology:
Immunity 2 [Environmental Cold, Suffocation (Drowning)]
Senses 1 [Low-Light Vision]
Speed 2
Swimming 2
Claws: Strength-Based Damage 2 (Feats: Improved Critical 2, Improved Smash, Variable Descriptor 1 [Piercing/Bludgeoning])

Offense: Initiative +2
Close Attack +3
Ranged Attack +0

Defense:Dodge +2* [*Includes Shrinking Modifiers]]
Parry +2* [*Includes Shrinking Modifiers]
Toughness +4 [*Impervious 3]
Fortitude +5
Will +2

Complications:
Disability: Shellycobbs cannot use their claws easily for manipulation of objects and cannot communicate with humanoids.

Costs: Abilities 0+ Skills 2+ Advantages 5+ Powers 24+ Defenses 6= 37 pts.

Malks:
PL:
Strength 2
Stamina 3
Agility 4
Dexterity 0
Fighting 4
Intellect 0
Awareness 2
Presence 1

Skills: Acrobatics 2 (+6), Athletics 5 (+7/+10), Deception 3 (+4), Insight 3 (+5), Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion (+1), Stealth 2 (+6/+10)

Advantages: Close Attack, Fast Grab, Hide In Plain Sight, Improved Trip, Languages [Base: Malk; English], Prone Fighting, Uncanny Dodge, Teamwork

Powers: Animal Senses: Senses 5 [Low-Light Vision, Olfactory (Acute, Extended), Hearing (Extended), Ultra-Hearing]
Cat Physiology:
Immunity 1 [Environmental Cold]
Leaping 1
Speed 3
Expert Climbing: Enhanced Skills 1 [Athletics +3 (Flaw: Limited [Climb checks only])]
Always Land Their Feet: Immunity 5 [Falling Damage (Flaw: Limited [Half effect])]
Malk Claws: Strength-Based Damage 3 (Feats: Improved Critical, Split)
Small Size: Shrinking 4 [-1 Strength, +2 Dodge/Parry, +4 Stealth; -2 Intimidation, Speed -1, -1 Mass] (Extra: Permanent); (Feat: Innate)

Offense: Initiative +5
Close Attack +5
Ranged Attack +0

Defense:Dodge +6* [*Includes Shrinking Modifiers]
Parry +6* [*Includes Shrinking Modifiers]
Toughness +3
Fortitude +6
Will +3

Complications:
Disability: Malks cannot use their paws to easily manipulate objects.

Phobia: They don't like water.

Responsibility: The Winter Court.

Vulnerable: All Fae are vulnerable to cold iron/steel. It eliminates any Impervious Toughness and inflicts an additional degree of damage/failure on a failed check against weapons/effects that involved them.

Costs: Abilities 32+ Skills 6+ Advantages 7+ Powers 24+ Defenses 2 = 71 pts.
Notes & Comments wrote:Cybelle was the last of these builds and she was a bit challenging to fit into PL 10/150 pp, and I ended up going over by 20 pp. But to get her where I wanted it had to be done but I realize that giving her a Summoning Array that costs 65 pp is mainly what pushed her costs up there but it fit her character as I saw it.

I've been trying to show that not all mages in my setting are typical spell-slingers and I think Cybelle shows that pretty well. Her summoning magic is fairly limited really and while she can use her Ritualist Advantage for minor effects the time she has to spend to do them make that an option only when she has the time on hand, otherwise she'd have to power stunt something off her Summoning Array (and thereby getting rid of whatever creature she might have summoned). The idea behind Cybelle's summoning magic is that somehow she's managed to broker a deal with higher powers in the Imageria. Given that Fae creatures have a reputation for tricking those who make bargains with them I'm pretty sure that will come back to haunt her in the long run.

While I was working on Cybelle's background I realized that I have yet to do any of the older members of the Lodge, something that I need to correct at some point here in the future. I mean I've already done a couple of the younger members, the old guard need some representation too.

Also I wanted give credit to Thorpacolypse with most of the creatures in Cybelle's Summoning Array, I wanted to use magical themed creatures and his conversions of some of the critters from the Dresden series fit so very well IMO. I had to do a little tweeking to fit them into my House Rules but otherwise those are his builds.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Icepike

Post by Tattooedman » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:52 am

Icepick:
PL:
Strength 2
Stamina 6
Agility 2
Dexterity 2
Fighting 5
Intellect 0
Awareness 2
Presence 0

Skills: Athletics 6 (+8), Intimidation 10 (+10), Insight 6 (+8), Perception 6 (+8), Ranged Combat [Ice & Cold Control Array] 5 (+10), Stealth 6 (+8)

Advantages: Benefit [Membership (Crime Union)], Close Attack 5, Daze [Intimidation], Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 3

Powers: Is That Too Hot To Eat/Drink?: You can generate sufficient cold to perfectly chill food and beverages by touch.
Cool It Down: You can cool small, hot items instantly by touch, turning boiling water into ice water, for example, or making hot food cold.
Arctic Armor: Protection 4
Cold Proof: Immunity 10 [Cold Effects]
Ice Slides: Flight 5 (Flaw: Platform)
Infrared Invisibility: Concealment 2 [Infravision]
Ice & Cold Control Array:
Cold Blast: Ranged Affliction 10 [Fatigued, Exhausted, Incapacitated; resisted by Fortitude] (Extra: Cumulative)
-Bitter Freeze: Ranged Affliction 10 [Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated; resisted by Fortitude] (Extra: Cumulative)
-Flash Freeze: Ranged Weaken Toughness 10 (Extra: Affects Objects [Only])
-Freezing Aura: Damage 7 (Extra: Reaction)
-Hailstorm: Ranged Damage 9 (Extra: Area [Cloud]); (Feats: Indirect 2, Variable Descriptor [cold and bludgeoning])
-Ice Blast: Ranged Damage 10 (Feat: Variable Descriptor 2 [cold, bludgeoning or slashing])
-Ice Binding: Ranged Affliction 10 [Hindered & Vulnerable, Defenseless & Immobilized; resisted by Dodge/Damage] (Extra: Cumulative, Extra Condition); (Flaw: Limited Degree)
-Ice Fist: Strength-Based Damage 8 (Feats: Improved Critical 2, Variable Descriptor [cold and bludgeoning])
-Ice Slick: Ranged Affliction 10 [Hindered & Vulnerable, Defenseless & Prone; resisted by Dodge] (Extras: Area [Burst], Extra Condition): (Flaw: Limited Degree)
-Ice Sculpting: Create 10 (Feats: Innate, Precise)
-Ice Shifting: Move Object 10 (Extra: Perception); (Flaw: Limited [Ice & Snow Only])

Offense: Initiative +6
Melee Attack +8
Ranged Attack +5 // Ice & Cold Array Attack +10

Defense: Dodge +10
Parry +10
Toughness +10
Fortitude +9
Will +8

Costs: Abilities 38+ Skills 14+ Advantages 12+ Powers 65+ Defenses 22= 151 pts.

Height: 5’10”
Hair: Black
Eye Color: Brown

Complications:
Power Loss: Icepick loses all his powers without water/moisture in the atmosphere to draw from.

Vulnerable: Icepick takes an extra degree of failure against fire/heat based effects.

Background: George Simmons was a contract killer who accidentally became trapped in a cryonic freezer when he was trying to hide from the hero Facade. But instead of being killed, the accident drastically altered his biology, granting him the ability to freeze things at a touch.

Taking this as a sign to move himself up in his chosen profession, George got a costume made for himself and started taking metahuman contracts under the name Icepick. The rest is basically history; Icepick has a reputation as a nasty fighter who will use all kinds of dirty tricks to win a fight and is pretty much willing to do any job if the price is right.

Notes & Comments wrote:Icepick is your typical cold controller really, the main difference is that instead of having ice armor his body generates a field of 'cold energy' that protects him and he's not too afraid of mixing things up in hand-to-hand. Otherwise he's pretty much like most other cold controllers.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Flex, the Foldable Man

Post by Tattooedman » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:03 am

Flex, the Foldable Man:
PL:
Strength 2
Stamina 5
Agility 4
Dexterity 4
Fighting 4
Intellect 0
Awareness 2
Presence 0

Skills: Acrobatics 2 (+6), Deception 8 (+8), Expertise [Sports Entertainment] 7 (+7), Insight 5 (+7), Perception 5 (+7), Stealth 3 (+7)

Advantages: Improved Initiative, Improved Feint, Power Attack

Powers: Flexible Form:
Enhanced Advantage 1 [Instant Up]
Feature 1 [Quick Change]
Immunity 25 [Bludgeoning Descriptor, Falling Damage]
Protection 3
Reshape Body: Variable 5 [25 pt pool] (Extra: Free Action); (Flaw: Quirk [retains same color scheme])
Stretching: Elongation 4
Reshape Body Sidebar:
Elastic Forms:
-Flat Form: Concealment 4 [visual] (Flaw: Limited [Viewed By One Edge], Partial) & Insubstantial 1 (Flaw: Limited [By Width]) • 6 points
-Malleable Form: Insubstantial 1 • 5 points.
-Metamorphic Healing: Healing 8 (Flaw: Limited [Self Only]) • 8 points

Elastic Attacks:
-The Egg Beater: Damage 10 (Extra: Area [Cone]) • 20 points
-Pinball: Damage 10 (Extra: Area [Burst]) • 20 points
-Whip-Snap: Damage 10 (Extra: Penetrating); (Feat: Accurate 3) • 23 points
-The Wrap Up: Affliction 10 [Hindered & Vulnerable, Defenseless & Immobilized; resisted by Dodge] (Extras: Cumulative, Extra Condition); (Feat: Accurate 3); (Flaw: Limited Degree) • 23 points

Elastic Moves:
-Bouncing Ball: Leaping 4 • 4 points
-Living Glider: Flight 4 (Flaw: Limited [Gliding]) • 4 points
-Living Trampoline: Movement 1 [Safe Fall] (Extra: Affects Others) • 3 points
-Swinging Arms: Movement 1 [Swinging] • 2 points
Offense: Initiative +8
Melee Attack +4
Ranged Attack +4

Defense: Dodge +8
Parry +8
Toughness +8
Fortitude +8
Will +8

Costs: Abilities 42+ Skills 10+ Advantages 3+ Powers 78+ Defenses 17= 150 pts.

Height: 5’8”
Weight: 158 lbs
Hair: Brown
Eye Color: Blue

Complications:
Motivation ~Doing Good: Flex feels that he should use his powers to help others when the situation calls for it.

Motivation Thrills: Flex does enjoy the rush of being a 'super hero' from time to time.

Public Identity: Flex's identity as Martin Murtaugh is public knowledge.

Weakness: Exposure to intense cold/hot environments can cause Flex to lose 2 ranks in all his powers as his body isn’t as elastic/malleable as usual in such environments. The longer he is exposed to such environments the more ranks he will lose until he can return to his normal body temperature & recover the lost ranks.

Background: A semi-professional wrestler Martin Murtaugh was out on a training run near a quarry when the digging crew set off an explosive charge to deepen a tunnel they were working, resulting in Martin becoming trapped in a cave-in that unearthed a vein of Omlevex.

Martin spent hours exposed to that radioactive crystal before rescue efforts could reach him and by that point he was unconscious. Taken to a nearby branch of the Albright Institute for treatment, Martin eventually woke up to learn that his body had been transformed into an form of organic rubber. Martin then spent weeks learning how to control his now non-solid body before worrying about what to do with his life as he'd been fired from the wrestling league he'd been a member of, but he had a plan; the Ultimate Wrestling League.

After finally getting a meeting with owner, Julius Norman, Martin showed him what he could do with his now malleable body. It was enough to get Martin signed on the spot and two weeks later he made his debut in the ring as Flex, the Foldable Man and he was an instant hit with the fans between his very visual powers and his ability to talk himself up well in promos.

There have been instances when Martin has used his powers to fight crime, though it's mostly a case of his being in the right place at the wrong time. So far he's only dealt with unpowered criminals but he's done it with a good bit of flair (not surprising considering his job) which Norman immediately sets his PR team upon to drum up viewers for the UWL.

Notes and Comments wrote:Flex was a fun build.
At first I struggled to everything I wanted him to be able to do into a PL 10/150 pp set up but then I come up with using a low ranked Variable and it got a lot easier. Credit to ClassDunce and his character Rebound (one of the PCs in my Albright game) as the inspiration behind Flex.

I like how the Array is low in rank but allows him a lot of options for his powers. Normally as a GM I'm leery of Variable Arrays but something like this wouldn't bother me at all. Plus the wrestling bit in his back ground was just fun to add in, as I'm a fan of wrestling from the Attitude Era and have been wanting to get something done with UWL in my setting.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

-- Chiun

ClassDunce
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by ClassDunce » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:36 am

Shit the things that could be done with the Ultimate Wrestling League. A stable of masked Luchadores who actually gained powers from the history and identity that their masks gave them. Rivalries and feuds between super powered wrestlers that took a street fight to a whole different level. Best vs the Beast indeed...
"When they ask how I died, tell them: still angry." - Quellcrist Falconer

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:02 am

You know CD, sometimes it's scary just how well our minds come up with very similar ideas.....

Luchadores are among some of my favorite wrestlers, and the empowering masks was something I'd considered. Of course with my CBD (compulsive build disorder) I'd have to come up with something for them once I do a bit of research on a few of them....but if feel free to give some suggestions.

-- Chiun