World of Freedom: FC Setting Builds....

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: World of Freedom: New FC Setting characters

Post by Arkrite » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:26 am

Maybe a guy with a magic chain, or belt, that allows him to empower any foreign object he holds, like folding chairs, bokken, etc. Terrible at fist fights but great at cheating or hard core matches.

A couple of guys like the battle brothers would work nice. Really powerful as a team, but tend to fold without their ally around to boost their power.

The concept of managers running around with the Leadership, bluff and setup feat could be pretty fun too.

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:42 pm

All three of those sound like good ideas Arkrite and the first one has already got my gears spinning. I just might have to try taking a shot at building some of the wrestlers for the UWL now.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Kinetix

Post by Tattooedman » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:43 pm

Kinetix:
PL:
Strength 0
Stamina 1
Agility 2
Dexterity 2
Fighting 4
Intellect 2
Awareness 2
Presence 1

Skills: Athletics 5 (+5), Expertise [Computers] 6 (+8.), Investigation 4 (+6), Persuasion 6 (+7), Perception 6 (+8.), Ranged Combat [Telekinetic Control Array] 6 (+10)

Advantages: Close Attack 2, Improved Disarm, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Ranged Attack 2

Powers: Telekinetic Propulsion: Flight 6 (Extra: Affects Others)
Telekinetic Field: Force Field 10 (Extra: Impervious)
Telekinetic Control Array:
Telekinetic Constructs: Create 10 (Extras: Continuous, Movable, Stationary)
-Telekinetic Force I: Move Object 10 (Extra: Area [Shapeable])
-Telekinetic Force II: Move Object 10 (Extra: Damaging)

Offense: Initiative +6
Melee Attack +6
Ranged Attack +4 // Kinetic Control Array Attack +10

Defense: Dodge +8
Parry +8
Toughness +11*/+1 [*Kinetic Field (Impervious 10)]
Fortitude +7
Will +11

Costs: Abilities 28+ Skills 12+ Advantages 7+ Powers 80+ Defenses 25= 150 pts.

Height: 5’5”
Weight: 121 lbs
Hair: Black
Eye Color: Green

Complications:
Identity: Kinetix's identity as Miranda Wilson isn't known to the general public.

Motivation ~Responsibility: Kinetix feels that she should use her powers for the benefit of others.

Quirk: Kinetix is a bit of an overachiever in all aspects of her life.

Rookie Hero: Kinetix is new to the hero game and she is prone to making mistakes that a foe could take advantage of.

Background: Miranda Wilson’s psionic abilities started to manifest when she was thirteen and she quickly developed a routine of practice sessions to learn how to handle them while keeping them a secret from her family and friends.

It was that kind of dedication that Miranda applied to her efforts with a computer as well, earning herself a scholarship in Computer Science in Emerald City. When the Silver Storm happened she was safely tucked away in class but the emergence of the Emerald City Sentinels inspired her to use her powers to help society. After putting together a costume of her own, Miranda hit the streets as Kinetix and started fighting super villains.

So far she's done well, but she's not really been tested yet either.

Notes & Comments wrote:Kinetix was my first build for this project, a little something for me to get warmed up with really. So there isn’t a lot of frill to her, she’s just a straight forward telekinetic who just happens to be a bit of a ‘Type A’ personality.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Arc

Post by Tattooedman » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:44 pm

Arc:
PL:
Strength 1
Stamina 2
Agility 2
Dexterity 2
Fighting 4
Intellect 0
Awareness 2
Presence 2

Skills: Athletics 6 (+7), Deception 6 (+8/+10), Insight 6 (+8.), Perception 6 (+8.), Persuasion 6 (+8/+10), Ranged Combat [Electrical Control Array] 6 (+10), Stealth 6 (+8.)

Advantages: Attractive, Close Attack 4, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 2

Powers: Electric Aura: Damage 5 (Extra: Increased Duration [Continuous])
Electric Body:
Force Field 10
Immunity 10 [Electrical Effects]
Electrical Senses: Senses 4 [Detect (Electricity; Acute, Ranged)]
Electrical Control Array:
Finger Weld: You can do spot-welding by touch, like an arc-welder.
Measure Charge: You can detect the approximate amount of electrical energy in a storage device (e.g., a battery) simply by touching it.
Power Source: You can power electrical devices as if you were a battery or standard electrical outlet simply by touching or holding the device or its power cord.
Arc Riding: Leaping 4
Electrical Blast: Ranged Damage 12
-Chain Lightning: Ranged Damage 8 (Extra: Multiattack);
-Electrical Flare: Ranged Visual Affliction 10 [Impaired, Disabled, Unaware; resisted by Fortitude] (Extra: Cumulative)
-Electrical Drain: Nullify 8 [electronics] (Extras: Area [Burst], Simultaneous)
-Seizure: Ranged Affliction 10 [Entranced, Stunned, Incapacitated; resisted by Will]
-Taser Strike: Affliction 10 [Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated; resisted by Fortitude] (Extra: Cumulative)

Melee Attack +8
Ranged Attack +4 // Electrical Control Array Attack +10

Parry +8
Toughness +12*/+2 [*Force Field]
Fortitude +8
Will +7

Costs: Abilities 30+ Skills 15+ Advantages 9+ Powers 75+ Defenses 21= 150 pts.

Height: 6'
Weight: 170 lbs
Hair: Black
Eye Color: Blue

Complications:
Motivation ~Doing Good: Arc believes in doing the right thing no matter what.

Power Loss: Water based attacks can short out Arc's powers.

Weakness: Arc takes an extra degree of damage against water based attacks.

Background: Captain Thunder has been active as a hero with a public identity for several years now but early in his heroic career he protected his identity as Ray Gardener, former member of the Air Force and test pilot for Nolan Aircraft. During those years Ray never gave much thought about how his powers affects his physiology, he just was thankful he had straightforward powers to deal with and it wasn't until after his son had been born and began developing powers of his own (that were similar in nature to Ray's) that Ray did realize the chances he took early in his career by donating blood when Nolan Aircraft did blood drives. Not that Warren Blake really minds, or actually knows.

Several years when Warren was just eight years old his family was in a nasty auto accident and young Warren was given a large transfusion of blood. What nobody realized was that they'd just injected the blood of Captain Thunder into, but in their defense none of the doctors or nurses in the E.R. could ever guess the effects their actions that day would have on Warren's life.

The blood transfusion had a very subtle effect on Warren's DNA, activating his metagene much earlier than it would have on it's own but it was small things at first; like his knowing how much of a charge an electronic item had just by holding it, or powering his hand-held game player without any batteries. Not wanting to hide anything from his parents Warren shared every development with them and together with his father they worked out much of the basics of how his powers worked. So it was no surprise to his parents that once he graduated high school, Warren put a costume together and started fighting crime as the electrical hero Arc.

Notes & Comments wrote:Arc was one of those characters that I had the build all done and was struggling to come up with a background for. I spent a day or so looking up various electrical powered heroes and villains trying to get an idea to spark me (get it?) and then I was looking through the Power Profile book and saw Captain Thunder and then it all hit me.

Honestly out of all the characters I’ve built for this little project, Arc is the one that I’d really like to sometime take a try at playing in a game. He seems like he’d be fun to run in a FC setting.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Rankine

Post by Tattooedman » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:46 pm

Rankine:
PL:
Strength 2
Stamina 6
Agility 2
Dexterity 2
Fighting 4
Intellect 0
Awareness 2
Presence 0

Skills: Athletics 4 (+6), Expertise [Criminal] 5 (+5), Insight 6 (+8.), Perception 6 (+8.), Ranged Combat [Fire Control Array] 4 (+8.)

Advantages: Close Attack 4, Equipment, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Move-By Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 2

Powers: Firestarter: Creating a tiny flame, like a match, useful for lighting other fires.
Pyrotechnics: Displays of fireworks; pretty and possibly attention-getting, but having no other game effects.
Spot Weld: Precisely weld metals.
Fireproof: Immunity 10 [Fire/Heat Effects]
Heat Sensitive Eyes: Senses 1 [Infravision]
Rocket Flight: Flight 8
Fire Control Array:
Fire Shaping: Ranged Damage 10 (Extras: Area [Shapeable], Selective, Penetrating)
-Fire Blast: Ranged Damage 12 (Extra: Penetrating)
-Fireball: Ranged Damage 12 (Extra: Multiattack)
-Fists Of Fire: Strength-Based Damage 10 (Extra: Penetrating 12)
-Melt: Ranged Weaken Toughness 12 (Extra: Affects Only Objects)
-Nova Burst: Damage 10 (Extras: Area [Burst] 2, Penetrating); (Flaw: Tiring)

Melee Attack +8
Ranged Attack +4 // Fire Control Array Attack +8

Defense: Dodge +9
Parry +9
Toughness +11
Fortitude +8
Will +8

Equipment: Fahrenheit Suit [Protection 5]

Costs: Abilities 36+ Skills 9+ Advantages 11+ Powers 85+ Defenses 20= 150 pts.

Height: 6’1”
Weight: 179 lbs
Hair: Blonde

Complications:
Power Loss: Rankine loses his powers in non-oxygenated environments (like space or underwater).

Uncontrolled Burn: Repeated uses of Extra Effort on any of Rankine’s powers can possibly overload his Fahrenheit Suit, as without it his powers will run wild in explosive releases until he is knocked out or his flames are somehow put out.

Background: Just another victim of the Wild Strike, Dean Hastings developed fire-based abilities that he found difficult to control and despite his best efforts he accidentally caused some serious property damage. Eventually scientists at ASTRO Labs were able to develop a specialized suit that helped Dean to control his powers and let him live a relatively normal life. That is until members of S.H.O.C.K. took an interest in Dean, at first following him for several weeks to learn more about him and any other metahumans he might associate with before finally attacking him and his family in their home. During the attack Dean’s wife and baby daughter were killed by the hate mongers in an attempt to rile him up into attacking them and Dean did snap but not in the way the people from S.H.O.C.K. had been expecting – he destroyed his home in a fiery explosion that rocked a two block radius (completely incinerating the bodies of his family as well as their killers). From that point on Dean became the monster he then realized everyone expected him to be, calling himself Rankine and to this day he continues to use his powers in a manner most destructive as he keeps lashing out at the world for the pain it has caused him.

Notes & Comments wrote:A pretty straight forward fire themed character really. The two things I really like about the character is his name (which is a nod a scientific method of measuring heat) and his background; I like angry characters for some reason and I wanted him to have a really good reason to be angry.

Not that “I’m angry because my powers make my life hard” angry. I’ve already got a couple of those. To me it’s kind of like when in RL you’ve been having life metaphorically kick you right in the balls a few times, pretty hard, in a 4 to 7 day period of time and you’re like “Ya know what? Screw this.” And the next time someone pisses you off you really unload on them.

That’s where Rankine is coming from.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Mainframe

Post by Tattooedman » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:48 pm

Mainframe:
PL:
Strength 8
Stamina 8
Agility 4
Dexterity 4
Fighting 4
Intellect 2
Awareness 0
Presence 0

Skills: Expertise [Sports] 7 (+10), Insight 7 (+7), Perception 7 (+7), Stealth 4 (+8.), Technology 2 (+4/+16)

Advantages: Close Attack 4, Improved Initiative, Task Focus [Expertise (Sports): Sports Trivia]

Powers: Built-in Functionality II: Built-in timepiece & a cell-phone.
Remote: Can function like a “universal remote control” in relationship to machines that include such capabilities, turning them on or off or controlling them like a regular remote would with just a thought.
Cybernetic Body: Immunity 30 [Fortitude Effects] (Flaw: Limited [Half Effective])
Cybernetic Mind:
Enhanced Advantage 1 [Eidetic Memory]
Quickness 7 (Flaw: Limited [Mental Tasks Only])
Tech Savant: Enhanced Skill [Technology +12]
Manipulate Technology Array: Variable 7 [35 pt pool of the Technological Descriptor] (Extra: Move Action)
Manipulate Technology Sidebar:
-Control Technology: Ranged Affliction 10 [Controlled; resisted by Fortitude/Skill] (Extras: Affects Objects [Only], Perception); (Flaws: Limited [Third Degree only], Limited [Technology Only]) • 10 points
-Deactivate Technology: Nullify Technology 10 (Extras: Area [Burst], Broad [Technological], Simultaneous); (Flaw: Close Range) • 30 points
-Electric Shockers: Ranged Damage 10 (Extra: Multiattack); (Feat: Accurate 3) • 33 points
Interface: Comprehend Machines 2 • 4 points
-Laser: Ranged Damage 10 (Extra: Penetrating); (Feat: Accurate 3) • 33 points
-Sonic Disrupter: Ranged Affliction 10 [Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated; resisted by Fortitude] (Extra: Cumulative); (Feat: Accurate 3) • 33 points
-Grappling Hook & Pulley: Movement 1 [Swinging] • 2 points
Offense: Initiative +8
Melee Attack +8
Ranged Attack +4

Parry +8
Toughness +8
Fortitude +8
Will +8

Costs: Abilities 60+ Skills 9+ Advantages 6+ Powers 86+ Defenses 14= 165 pts.

Height: 6'3"
Weight: 385 lbs
Hair: Blonde (formerly) // Cybercord Black

Complications:
Family Issues: Mainframe's relationship with his brother, Thomas, is rough at the best of times and hostile at the worst.

Public Identity: Mainframe's identity as Rob Hunsaker is public knowledge.

Relationship: Mainframe dates Danielle Warman.

Self Doubt: Mainframe struggles from time to time with his condition as a cybernetic being and his worth in the world.

Weakness: Due to his cybernetic parts, Mainframe is vulnerable to Magnetic based attacks.

Background: Rob Hunsaker is a star wide receiver for his Texas high school football team. He has an interest in super human activities but is more focused on going to college, earning a football scholarship, and hoping his brother Thomas makes it to his games. The two of them having a distant relationship despite Thomas raising Rob after the death of both their parents years ago as Rob resented his brother's almost single-minded dedication to his work. Rob's resentment resulted in rebellious behavior; such as slacking in class (though he does well enough to play just barely) as well as some minor troubles with the law.

After Thomas had missed several of his games, Rob finally seeks out him out at his job in at a local A.S.T.R.O. Labs facility. Thomas tells his brother that given the current state of metahumans starting to show up around the planet, Rob's love for football is going to become irrelevant at some point. Discouraged, Rob begins to leave when everything takes a tragic turn and a Power Pike (the favored weapon of the Omega Drones, the shock troops of Omega) being experimented with in a nearby labs overloads. Rob and several scientists are fatally injured or killed by the resulting energy release.

Not intending to lose his brother, Thomas outfits Rob with experimental bionics that he had reverse engineered from samples of alien technology found around the globe that had been brought in by A.E.G.I.S. Rob's life is saved but the equipment can not be worn inconspicuously, thus horrifying Rob, when he awoke, to see much of his body and parts of his face replaced with sheer metallic limbs and implants.

Even though Rob wishes he'd have died he eventually adjusts enough through his resulting physical therapy to control his implants with suitable skill but upon release from medical care, he finds his life is seriously inconvenienced with the fearful reactions of the public at his implants. In addition Rob is also no longer allowed to participate in athletics as his implants "give him an unfair advantage over his competition" combined with his already poor grades, and further exacerbated by his long convalescence.

However when his some of his old trouble maker friends attempt to use Rob's troubles to manipulate him into participating in a bank robbery they were planning, he finds a new purpose as he instead stops them from committing the robbery and turns them over to the police. This leads to Rob becoming a local hero in Dallas and he soon finds new friends, who see past his disfigurements, recognizing his own nobility; such as a group of children who are adjusting to their own prosthetics and idolize him with his fancy parts and exciting adventures as well as their teacher Denise Brooks, and therapists Danielle Warman and Sam Roth.

Notes & Comments wrote:This build was more fun that I thought it was going to be. See I’m not really one for playing super-smart characters; it’s a tough thing for me to sell IMO and I can count on one hand how many I’ve played total over the years of my gaming life.

But I’ve gotta admit that much of the stuff in the Power Profiles book got me into the build, and even though I tweeked a couple of things to suit my personal tastes it’s still pretty close to what is in there.

Obviously Mainframe is channeling some Victor Stone (aka Cyborg) when it comes to his background but hey I like it as its pretty straightforward overall and generates some good plot hooks for the character.

Mainframe is the other character that benefited from getting a Variable power – there’s a good amount he can cover with Manipulate Technology, granted it’s limited to a technological theme but that’s not a huge thing to have to deal with in all honesty.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Zaran

Post by Tattooedman » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:04 pm

Zaran:
PL:
Strength 2
Stamina 2
Agility 2
Dexterity 2
Fighting 4
Intellect 2
Awareness 2
Presence 2

Skills: Athletics 7 (+9), Deception 7 (+9), Expertise [Criminal] 9 (+11), Intimidation 8 (+10), Stealth 8 (+10)

Advantages: Close Attack 4, Improved Feint, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4, Seize Initiative

Powers: Duplicate Metahuman Abilities & Skills: Variable 12 [60 pt pool towards Powers & Skills Possessed by Catalysts] (Extras: Area [Burst], Increased Duration [Continuous], Increased Range [Close], Selective); (Flaws: Limited [6 Catalysts max], Tainted)

Power Detection: Senses 7 [Detect (Powers; Analytical, Radius, Ranged, Tracking 2)] [Linked to Duplicate Metahuman Abilities]

Shapeshifter: Morph 3 [humanoid] [Linked to Duplicate Metahuman Abilities]
Teleporter: Teleport 6 (Extra: Accurate); (Feats: Change Direction, Turnabout) [Linked to Duplicate Metahuman Abilities]

Melee Attack +8
Ranged Attack +6

Defense: Dodge +6
Parry +6
Toughness +2
Fortitude +6
Will +6

Costs: Abilities 36+ Skills 13+ Advantages 12+ Powers 150+ Defenses 14= 225 pts.

Height: 6’
Weight: Unknown
Hair: Unknown

Complications:
Enemy: Madame Tomorrow & Black Wing (and pretty much the whole Tomorrow Society).

Reputation: Zaran is known as a blood-thirsty cape killer who will cross the line any time he feels like it. Many supervillains won’t associate with him because of this and the trouble it brings from heroes.

Background: The supervillain known as Zaran was originally just another member of a hidden cult that was devoted to the worship of Orkus but when a smooth and sly leader emerged within the cult they started to plot to bring Orkus, and the other Entropic Masters, to Earth. Among the things the new leader, who called himself the Abbot, did was perform rituals to empower select members of the cult (all of whom were chosen by the Abbot) to act as superhuman agents/enforcers for the cult in pursuit of their goals.

It was while working within that role that Zaran first came into conflict with the team of younger heroes known as the Outsiders (among them was the daughter of Orkus, Madame Tomorrow), and a heated rivalry started between he and they that lasted until the end of the team.

It was an end brought about by Zaran, who set a trap for the young heroes and killed all the members except for Madame Tomorrow and Black Wing. They were able to enact a plan that basically dumped Zaran in a pocket dimension for several years, unfortunately they were sent off on a trip of their own through time that took them a couple years to return from.

Recently Zaran has managed to finally escape his dimensional prison and has been getting himself reacquainted with the world, though he does plan on paying Madame Tomorrow and Black Wing a visit to pay them back for locking him away for so many years.

Notes & Comments wrote: I’ve always liked the idea of a power mimicking character, no clue as to why really, just something about them (I know that was one reason why I loved Mimic in the EXiles series from way back when). And I’ve managed to do a couple of them by this point and I thought I’d take a try at it once again.

Course that leaves Zaran here way over pp to cover that kind of Variable power set up, but considering he’s the only one of the characters I’ve built for this little project to be so over pointed I can live with it.

Zaran’s a character I’ve had brewing in my head for awhile now; ever since I posted my 3e build of Madame Tomorrow and the Tomorrow Society. I spent a bit of time trying to figure out why he’d have such a determination to get rid of her first team until I realized her connection to Orkus would be a good way to go. If Zaran’s crazy enough to kill several metahumans at once why wouldn’t he worship the biggest and nastiest demonic thing there was to worship?

After that everything else came easy.

One minor thing I’d like to note is that both Zaran’s Teleport and Shapeshifter abilities are powers that he had stolen and maintained from his former cultist teammates many years ago for so long that they are essentially permanent for him.

-- Chiun

ClassDunce
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by ClassDunce » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:37 pm

Tattooedman wrote:You know CD, sometimes it's scary just how well our minds come up with very similar ideas.....

Luchadores are among some of my favorite wrestlers, and the empowering masks was something I'd considered. Of course with my CBD (compulsive build disorder) I'd have to come up with something for them once I do a bit of research on a few of them....but if feel free to give some suggestions.
I'm a huge wrestling fan, which a lot of people already know about me, and to be a hundred percent honest I'm not a lucha guy. I find the style too soft and the matches far too chaotic. Blended with other styles though a splash of Lucha can be fantastic. Eddie Guerrero proved that to be a fact when he blended the lucha he was raised in and the stiffness/technicality of the Japanese Junior division he worked while in New Japan. But when you're working with Dean Malenko two or three nights a week how can you not develop some technical skills.

With empowering masks you can't not look at the tradition of those masks and characters. It's a heroic/villainous legacy at it's most basic. El Hijo de Santo still wrestles in his fathers mask and his attacks do hit with the Holy descriptor just ask Averno, Ephisto and Mephisto. * points to the three demon themed Luchadores are laying in a heap in the corner.*

The Blue Panther is a classic old school Luchador who of course gains the animal traits and skills of a Panther when donning his mask.

My favorite luchador right now easily La Sombra, he recently did a lot of work over in Japan touring with NJPW and had a fanf&^%ing tastic series of matches with Sasuka Nakamura. La Sombra means the Shade in english. Could very easily translate that into being a Shadow manipulator of some kind. He's a damned good wrestler though.

"When they ask how I died, tell them: still angry." - Quellcrist Falconer

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:09 am

ClassDunce wrote:
Tattooedman wrote:You know CD, sometimes it's scary just how well our minds come up with very similar ideas.....

Luchadores are among some of my favorite wrestlers, and the empowering masks was something I'd considered. Of course with my CBD (compulsive build disorder) I'd have to come up with something for them once I do a bit of research on a few of them....but if feel free to give some suggestions.
I'm a huge wrestling fan, which a lot of people already know about me, and to be a hundred percent honest I'm not a lucha guy. I find the style too soft and the matches far too chaotic. Blended with other styles though a splash of Lucha can be fantastic. Eddie Guerrero proved that to be a fact when he blended the lucha he was raised in and the stiffness/technicality of the Japanese Junior division he worked while in New Japan. But when you're working with Dean Malenko two or three nights a week how can you not develop some technical skills.
I used to be way seriously into wrestling up until a few years ago when many of the wrestler's gimmicks started to not appeal to me, that and I got really tired of the "Mr. McMahon" character (go back to behind the scenes/color commentary Vince!) and all those antics related to him. To me it seemed like half the show was about the McMahon family and TNA was just channeling WCW from the NWO years (which got old quick the first time for me, and didn't last half as long the 2nd time around). So I kinda just stopped watching.

I agree with you on how Lucha style can be blended well with the other styles of wrestling, and most of my favorites are ones that do that (Rey Mysterio, Psikosis, La Parka just to name a few) as traditional Luchador matches leave my head hurting trying to keep up with everything they're doing in the ring. There for a while WCW had a good Cruiserweight division that mixed Lucha and American styles and got a lot of people's attention and it was something that TNA channeled really well with their X-Division (which was just a really Americanized version of Lucha) but as they dropped it to favor the 'big guys' (those 300 lb plus heavyweights that Eric Bischoff loves to favor it seems) I got bored.

I've been debating seeing if anything has changed in the past couple years, I've seen some small bits every now and then and some of it looks interesting but that could just be I'm getting lucky by seeing the prime bit.

As for your suggestions, I see where your going. It's a bit higher powered than I was thinking but you might be right to go that route, have to wait and see how some of the builds turn out once I get to them.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

The Unlimited Wrestling League

Post by Tattooedman » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:44 am

The Unlimited Wrestling League:

Still around after all these years, the Unlimited Wrestling League continues to be the place for metahumans that don’t want to be part of the world of super heroes and villains or just want to make some good money based on their superhuman abilities. Even though the end result of each fight is predetermined by management, it’s largely left up to the talent as to how they get to that result inside the ring. The major thing Julius Norman has strived for is that the UWL continually maintain well written stoylines for the talent to follow, which has led to the UWL becoming a multi-million dollar company. While he owns and runs the company he initially built from the ground up, Norman actually has little to do with the day-to-day workings of the UWL anymore as he now focuses his efforts on obtaining endorsement deals and sponsorships from various investors across the country for his employees, though he still watches all of the pay-per-views and weekly shows however to see how things are going as deep down Norman is still the kid who grew up loving to watch wrestling.

Notable Wrestlers: Many of the wrestlers of the Unlimited Wrestling League are metahumans of one kind or another (from mystically empowered to the chemically altered or the mechanically enhanced, and but the majority are simply run of the mill, low-end metamen) that typically have had some kind of sports event experience in their past that helps them to make the transition to sports entertainment.

Some of the better known wrestlers in the UWL include;

Arn Anderson: The Georgian native followed Rick Flair into the UWL, as well as the Power House to get a treatment (which left Anderson with unusually tough skin, limited superhuman strength and the ability to imitate the properties of any inorganic substance he touches). A beneficial side effect was that Anderson was returned to almost the prime of his health; shaving off decades of wear and tear he’d suffered as a ‘normal’ wrestler. Anderson is known for being a very direct and straight forward man; he'll tell you exactly what is on his mind and what he plans to do about an opponent (even if that plan is to beat the hell out of that someone), even to that opponent. Along with Flair, Anderson started up the Horsemen stable, doing most of the follow up work in recruitment (as Flair's attention span can be short when it comes to following through on such matters) and is charismatic enough in his own way that he can compensate for those times when Flair’s ego overwhelms his own natural charm and causes him to alienate other members of the Horsemen.

Steve Austin: Originally an mixed martial artist who refused to take a dive, Steve Austin was run down by the mob in Vegas only to spend the money he’d saved from previous winnings to replace his broken body with cybernetics. After getting through rehabilitation he joined the UWL and has been tearing up the singles competition ever since with his own unique brand of hell raising and beer drinking. Austin also had a 'negative reaction generator' installed in his new body, which grants him the ability to radiate an aura of cold from his body, causing any who get near him to suffer extreme frostbite.

Averno: A técnico (face) luchador, Rencor Latino had long been a hero of the people and had a feud with rudo (heel) Luchador, El Satánico. Falling victim to a trap set by El Satánico’s allies, Los Hijos de Averno, where El Satánico used his mental powers to corrupt the young hero and turn him into a loyal minion named Averno. Using his now infernal powers, Averno is El Satánico’s enforcer and body guard and is a commited member of Los Hijos de Averno.

Buff Bagwell: Thanks to an unexpected reaction to a new synthetic steroid Bagwell gained superhuman strength and endurance and promptly got a job in the UWL. He was one of the first recruits into the Wolfpac, after seeing what happened to the last wrestler who turned their offer down (they promptly gave him a beat down that put him out of action for several weeks). Unfortunately Bagwell is considered something of a fool by most of the other wrestlers in the UWL due to his lack of in-ring skill; he's more talk than walk basically. Bagwell is highly self-involved and selfish in some profound ways; he is convinced that he is the end-all-and-be-all with regards to physical attractiveness, strength, fighting skill, and intelligence but then whines and makes excuses when he’s shown up by opponents. Despite this he is skilled at using his mouth as a distraction, both in the ring or behind a microphone. He is a member of the Wolfpac stable.

Blue Panther: A long time técnico Luchador, the Blue Panther has been wrestling since the early 1980s but has maintained his youth thanks to his mystical mask which endows him with not only abilities of his animal namesake but a very slowed aging process. He often will team up with El Hijo del Santo, as the Blue Panther remembers working with his father back in the ‘good old days’ and sees much of him in the son.

Chris “the Crippler” Benoit: A Canadian metaman that possesses superhuman strength and endurance as well as the ability to heal at an enhanced rate. He is also capable of jumping large distances thanks to his superhuman strength; an ability he uses to assist in slamming his opponents into the ground from great heights as well as in delivering his signature “diving headbutt”. Benoit is a straight forward, no-nonsense kind of man that is brutal and direct in a match but despite that he is one of those rare heels that is popular with the fans. He is part of the Horseman stable.

The British Bulldog: A metaman from the United Kingdom, David Smith possesses low-end superhuman strength and toughness as well as enhanced senses (a highly developed sense of smell and hearing) along with a minor healing factor. He spent years developing his in-ring skills while downplaying his superhuman abilities until the creation of the UWL and quickly joined. Smith is a skilled fighter that knows not only his limits but how to play opponents into making mistakes he can take advantage of. He is a member of the Horsemen stable.

Cactus Jack: Jack Foley had the misfortune of being a truck driver carrying a load of chemicals on a long run when road conditions forced him into a wreck that left him coated in the liquids he’d been transporting. After a brief stay at the hospital he discovered he then possessed a superhuman tolerance for pain and ability to recover from injuries faster than normal. Needing a way to support his wife and young children, Jack got into the UWL as Cactus Jack, favoring the Hardcore wrestling style which is highly violent and bloody. A heavy-set man with long, wild hair and an unkempt van-dyke, Cactus Jack generally wears street clothes, although he has a preference for his torn, sleeveless red flannel. He’s a fan favorite for his ‘everyman’ attitude and quirky sense of humor which he proudly displays anytime he‘s behind a microphone.

Demolition: A tag team consisting of the men known only as Axe and Smash, both of whom are powerhouses in terms of superhuman abilities. Demolition is known for their aggressive style of fighting, common use of team tactics to win and their unique leather with spikes ring attire. Demolition are one of the few tag teams to have a tandem finisher (the Decapitator). In real life Axe and Smash are brothers, Bill and Barry Darsow, and are actually related to several other members of the UWL (the Road Warriors, and the members of the D.O.A.). Demolition is part of the Legion of Doom stable (which ironically enough is mostly comprised of their extended family).

Disciples of Apocalypse [D.O.A.]: A biker gang themed tag team that has four members who often take advantage of the Freebird Rule; Crush, Chain, Skull and 8-Ball. All four men are simple powerhouses in terms of superhuman abilities and they all wear their cuts (leather vests covered in various biker club themed patches) with blue jeans and heavy boots as their in-ring attire. When not fighting they all prefer to party hard and have a good time (which normally consists of drinking, hitting on attractive women and brawling). In real life all of the members of the D.O.A. are brothers, Brian, Lee, Ron, and Don Harris and are actually related to several other members of the UWL (the Road Warriors, and Demolition). The D.O.A. are part of the Legion of Doom stable (which ironically enough is mostly comprised of their extended family).

The Dudley Boyz: One of the rare multi-membered tag teams (who make use of the Freebird rule) that consists of three half-brothers from South Carolina (they all share the same travelling salesman father supposedly); Bubba Ray and Devon are powerhouses that can hold their own with some of the top billed wrestlers, while little brother Spike is incredibly fast and able to withstand inhuman amounts of damage only to get back up again like nothing happened. All three favor the Hardcord style of wrestling (in that there are no DQs, pins count anywhere, while weapons, double teaming and just cheating in general is allowed), while Bubba and Devon are pioneers of the TLC Match (aka Tables, Ladders & Chairs, in which those three items are legal items in the ring) as a key element of the way the they 'finish' an opponent is to use their combo finisher (the 3D [Dudely Death Drop]) to put them through a table.

Edge: Nothing about his past before joining the UWL is known, but Edge has displayed an ability to manipulate kinetic energy to not only protect himself from injury but to increase the force of his attacks on others. He speaks very rarely and makes his entrance through the crowds, between that and his Goth-like attire Edge has developed an air of mystery around himself that the fans cant' seem to get enough of. Recently he has begun teaming up with fellow Goth-Vampire styled wrestler Gangrel as the tag team known as the Brood.

Ephesto: Granted the ability to release blasts of fire and reshape anything he touches and holds onto into anything he can imagine thanks to his enchanted mask, Ephesto is a dangerous man who holds nothing back in his fights. He is a member of Los Hijos de Averno.

Ric Flair: An older wrestler whose best years were in the last ‘generation’ of wrestling, Flair is a long-time friend of Julius Norman who used his connections to the Power House to get a treatment for his old friend; Flair gained a strong regenerative power which has turned back the clock a good deal for him physically as well as an unexpected ability to affect people mentally (which he uses very well in his matches). Flair sees himself as “a wheelin’-dealin’, kiss-stealin’, limousine-ridin’ sonovagun.” And he’s right - Flair drinks the right drinks, wears the right clothes, and scores a lot with the ladies. He is the leader of the Horseman stable of wrestlers, a group he considers to be the best and brightest in the UWL.

Gangrel: Making use of his vampire-like metahuman powers (enhanced strength and endurance, along with the ability to regenerate from injury) Gangrel uses a intense and aggressive wrestling style combined with a Gothic theme to both intimidate his opponents and draw the interest of the fans. Recently he has begun teaming up with fellow Goth styled wrestler Edge as the tag team known as the Brood.

The Giant: Paul Wight's great grandfather was part of the military test group that eventually produced the Patriot, and while the enhancements he ended up developing were still within the realms of the human norm the results were passed down to his offspring, resulting in Wight standing over just over 7 feet tall and possessing monstrous superhuman strength and endurance. Recruited into the UWL with no background in wrestling he spent years struggling as he learned the basics (both of wrestling and the business of sports entertainment). Despite his earned skills Wight was still considered to be a mid-card wrestler, a status he was extremely frustrated by which made him an easy mark for the slick talking Kevin Nash. He is a member of the Wolfpac stable.

“The Badass” Billy Gunn: A longtime jobber in his previous wrestling gig, Billy Gunn managed to put together just enough money to get a treatment from the Power House that gave him low-end superhuman strength, stamina, reflexes and resistance to injury so he joined the UWL. At first his career was going about as good as it had in his old one until he teamed up with fellow former jobber, Jesse James. Together they took the tag team championship from then-time champs, the Road Warriors, during a tag team Four-Corner match (which included the Outsiders, and members of the Horsemen), earning the name the New Age Outlaws (by exploiting a loophole in the rules of a Four-Corner match that allowed James to pin Gunn for the win) and were quickly recruited by Shawn Michaels and Hunter Helmsley for their stable of wrestlers –D-Generation X. Gunn is the muscle of the Outlaws, using a combination of power and agility moves to set up opponents for James to use technical moves upon to secure wins. He is part of the D-Generation X (aka DX) stable.

Scott Hall: Scott Hall grew up in one of the rougher sections of New York, joining a gang when he was only twelve and managing to survive until he moved to L.A. at the age of eighteen where he graduated to the ranks of organized crime working as an enforcer. Exposure to the Wild Card Virus left Hall a very hairy but dangerous living weapon; able to morph his body into any form, as long it has no moving pieces (he favors turning his arms into sharp blades) and his skin is also almost impossible to cut or puncture. He is the other half of the tag team known as the Outsiders (partnering with his best friend Kevin Nash) as well as being a co-founder of the Wolfpac stable.

Harlem Heat: A tag team consisting of two childhood friends; Stevie Ray (a low-level powerhouse) and Booker T (who possess minor speed powers along with superhuman agility). They cheat every chance they get and work well together citing their inner-city upbringing for their skills and for some reason they like to yell a lot during their promos. They are part of the Wolfpac stable.

Hunter Hearst Helmsley: Helmsley grew up in wealth, but wanted to prove his own greatness. Thus he travelled the world under the names Jean-Paul Levesque, pushing his body to extremes unknown by most men and developed his metahuman ability to affect his own personal gravity. A charismatic man, Helmsley is the co-leader of the D-Generation X (aka DX) stable as well as the group's chief recruiter.

The Road Dogg, Jesse James: Despite having good skills in both promotional shooting and technical wrestling, James had been relegated to jobber status due to remarks he made during a promo about his employer (all as part of kayfabe but the owner took the remarks personally). Realizing he wasn’t going to go any further in that federation, James cobbled together just enough money to pay for a treatment from the Power House and applied for a spot in the UWL, trusting in his newly gained ability to shrug off damage to help him make a name for himself. At first his career seemed to be just like it had been in the last company but upon seeing fellow jobber, Billy Gunn, going through similar issues, James decided to approach the other man with an offer of becoming a tag team that would do just about anything to win and it was an offer Gunn couldn’t refuse. Together they took the tag team championship from then-time champs, the Road Warriors, during a tag team Four-Corner match (which included the Outsiders, and members of the Horsemen), earning the name the New Age Outlaws (by exploiting a loophole in the rules of a Four-Corner match that allowed James to pin Gunn for the win) and were quickly recruited by Shawn Michaels and Hunter Helmsley for their stable of wrestlers. James is the technical wrestler of the pair and often handles the mike during their promos while Gunn pipes in periodically, as James is highly skilled at working people. He is part of the D-Generation X (aka D-X) stable.

Kane: An almost stoppable force of destruction, Kane’s body is superhumanly strong and durable thanks to the mystical energies that course through his body. By manipulating that energy, Kane has learned to manipulate fire and heat for his own purposes as well. He seldom works with others and his motivations and goals (outside of wearing championship gold) are unknown.

Brock Lesnar: As a result of a demonic deal Brock possesses impressive amounts of superhuman strength and resistance to injury. In combat, his body draws upon supernatural sources to adapt and increase his defense against all attacks done to him. He is quite skilled in grappling and other forms of hand to hand combat and has a built a reputation as being a tough fighter due to winning several handicap matches where he was outnumbered at least 3 to 1.

“The Iceman” Dean Malenko: Dean Malenko was the son of Boris Malenko (one of the top technical wrestlers of the 1970s), and was first known as “The Man of a Thousand Holds” during his mundane wrestling career. At some point Malenko dropped out of the wrestling scene for several years before reappearing in the UWL with the ability reduce the temperature of his body to sub-zero temperatures at such a rate that contact with his skin causes damage to living tissue. Malenko frequently makes use of this by putting an opponent in a submission hold while engaging his power until his opponent is no longer capable of fighting back. An interesting side note is that Malenko had received his “Iceman” nickname before he displayed his metahuman ability; he shows no emotion when wrestling even though he is friendly with an intelligent and witty sense of humor when not in a fight. He is part of the Horseman stable.

Mephisto: Another member of Los Hijos de Averno, Mephisto is the muscle of the group; possessing superhuman strength, resistance to injury as well as superhuman reflexes and coordination. He often works with Averno on El Satánico’s orders and is known for being a bloodthirsty fighter.

Shawn Michaels: Shawn Michaels originally was a mundane wrestler who managed to impress Rick Flair with his dedication and willingness to work hard. So when Flair needed a valet to ‘drive him around town’ he called upon Michaels. Over the following years Michaels trained under Flair’s watchful eye, developing his skill and talent as a wrestler before finally breaking into the UWL as a wrestler in his own right along with Flair. For a few years after Michaels was part of the Horseman stable until he grew tired of Flair's leadership, first leaving the Horseman to go independent then forming the D-Generation X stable. Shawn is a highly skilled combatant and an expert in psychological warfare thanks to time spent training under Rick Flair and he can take extraordinary amounts of punishment and keep coming back for more thanks to his metahuman ability to adapt his body to whatever attacks he is hit with (an ability he gained, some think, thanks to a treatment from the Power House financed by Flair personally). He is co-leader of the D-Generation X stable.

Hugh Morrus: Hiding his metahuman abilities (draining a person’s mental defenses and causing confusion after) while on his college’s football and wrestling teams, Morrus developed the skills he knew he’d need to make it the world of sports entertainment. Eventually however Hugh’s status as a metahuman was discovered and he was blackballed out of every league and wrestling federation possible until Julius Norman called him up with an offer of a job in then just forming UWL. Morrus has been with the company ever since, living the life he'd grown up wanting. Despite his physical bulk, Morrus is a skilled acrobat who can perform impressive feats of agility that are just as impressive as his feats of strength are.

The Great Muta: Keiji Mutoh was born in Japan to a wealthy family but suffered from some emotional issues that led him into competitive fighting. He entered the ranks of the Yakuza-sponsored blood-sports in the underworld as a route to earn the kind of personal wealth he craved (as he had been disowned by his family), calling himself the Great Muta. It was while competing in those bloody events that Muta underwent secret chemical enhancements to improve his combat abilities; developing metahuman abilities of enhanced strength and resistance to injury as well as the ability to spit a green mist that can blind an opponent or a red mist that is a powerful corrosive.

Rey Mysterio (Jr).: A second generation luchador who possesses superhuman agility and reflexes thanks to the mask he inherited from his uncle, Rey Mysterio is known for his great acrobatic skills and willingness to take on all other wrestlers no matter how large or physically powerful they are (as Rey only stands 5’6” and barely has what can be called superhuman strength). His uncle, the first Rey Mysterio (Sr.), will sometimes be in Rey’s corner at very important matches. Rey is a babyface (goodguy) that the fans love for his willingness to face anyone, anytime and the fact he will not back down from any challenge. Rey has an intense feud with fellow luchador Psicosis.

Kevin Nash: Kevin Nash was nothing but a normal human, gifted with size, strength and intelligence that made it easy for him to get work as a low-level enforcer in the criminal underworld. Nash is also very charismatic, able to make friends with all the right people, and after getting a treatment from the Power House that increased his strength and physical toughness he joined the UWL. Using his immense strength and size Nash became the muscle of the tag team the Outsiders (with his best friend Scott Hall as his partner) which he grew then grew into the Wolfpac stable.

Jim “The Anvil” Neidhart: While playing professional football, Jim Neidhart’s physical density suddenly increased and he accidentally crippled a teammate during practice. Eventually cleared of wrong doing Neidhart was still let go by the team as superhumans aren’t allowed to take part in organized sports because the very accident he’d been involved in. This made it easy for Julius Norman to recruit Neidhart into the UWL, as he was looking for superhumans with a background in sports to build his then fledgling company on and Neidheart’s ‘classic brick’ powers made him a natural fit. Years later Neidhart is still apart of the UXL but his lack of any real personality beyond being something of a bully leaves him as a mid-carder at best despite his reputation as highly reliable. Ric Flair knew he needed reliable guys around him when he reorganized his Horsemen stable and he recruited Neidhart into the group with little trouble.

Psicosis: A skilled acrobat and fighter, Psicosis is a heel (badguy) Luchador that possesses the ability to distort the perceptions of those around him in a limited radius (hence his name), and he will normally will use his power to throw an opponent off their game while he physically attacks them. Has an intense rivalry with Rey Mysterio.

Raven: Scott Anthony was the son of a pair of wealthy but abusive parents, and for years Scott took his frustrations out on his classmates at school until his metahuman powers of broadcast empathy surfaced and he shared with his parents exactly how he felt until they killed themselves in the throws of depression. Scott’s mind fractured over causing their deaths and this new personality that took over called itself Raven (inspired by the poem by Edgar Allen Poe) and sought out a place where he could inflict as much pain as possible and get away with it. The UWL welcomed him with open arms, not understanding the kind of monster they were bringing into their organization. And they still don’t as Raven often manipulates others into doing his dirty work as his powers have since expanded to include a subtle form of mind control. Recently Raven has begun building his own stable of misfit and socially challenged wrestlers called the Flock.

The Road Warriors: A tag team composed of Hawk and Animal, both men wear large, spiked football-like pads to the ring as well as painting their faces. Both metahumans with impressive amounts of strength and endurance they have an aggressive fighting style that often employs teamwork and double-teaming against their opponents. The Road Warriors were the first tag team to have developed a tandem finisher (the Doomsday Device [electric chair lift into a top rope clothsline]), where both of them perform a separate part of a move that done correctly is more effective in leaving their victim in a condition to be pinned. In real life Hawk and Animal are brothers, Michael and Joseph Laurinaitis, and are actually related to several other members of the UWL (Demolition, and all the members of the D.O.A.). The Road Warriors are part of the Legion of Doom stable (which ironically enough is mostly comprised of their extended family).

El Hijo del Santo: The only one of his father's 10 children to become a Luchador, El Hijo del Santo (the son of the Saint) began his wrestling career a year after he earned his college degree in Communication Science per his father's request. That night he learned that the mask his father had always worn had been transformed into an enchanted artifact by God that bestowed divine based abilities upon the wearer (mostly an strong resistance to infernal based attacks, the power to heal himself and others as well as superhuman strength and stamina) to fight the forces of evil. El Hijo del Santo has come to the UWL after his enemies El Satánico, Averno, Ephesto, and Mephisto (collectively known as Los Hijos de Averno [The Sons of Hell]).

El Satánico: The founder of the Los Hijos de Averno, Satánico is a wily fighter who uses a mixture of mind games, physical ability and mystically granted mental powers to defeat his foes. He is responsible for turning long time técnico Rencor Latino, who was also a foe of his, into the rudo Averno who is still a loyal minion to him.

Randy "Macho Man" Savage: A low-level metahuman with enhanced reflexes and hand-eye coordination, Savage built a respectable career in baseball until genetic testing finally revealed his metahuman status which got him banned from ever playing the sport professionally. Taking the last of his money, Savage paid for treatments from the Power House that increased his strength and durability after seeing a few UWL matches and realized that he could regain the kind of money and fame he'd lost. An angry man, Savage is an intense wrestler who mixes power moves and high flying stunts to dominate his matches. He is a co-founder of the Wolfpac.

Scorpio (Jr.): Trained by his father, Scorpio (Jr.) learned to use the powers the mask his father passed down to him granted; enhanced strength and resistance to injury along with a poisonous touch that can drain the vitality of his foes or leave them unconscious. He will often play games with his opponents in the ring but can be deadly serious in mattes of honor.

Scott Steiner: A mundane wrestler with a background in both high school and college wrestling Steiner began using steroids that eventually resulted in him overdosing of a new drug that nearly killed him and granted him superhuman strength, stamina and resistance to injury. The resulting increase in physical power and the near-death experience combined to radically change Steiner’s personality; before he’d been a long-time babyface who played by the rules almost religiously but after he was a self-centered, trash-talking, cheap-shot taking, heel that kept up with the best of worst. Most fans can’t stand Steiner but after he nearly choked a fan to death for hitting him with a drink they’re too afraid to boo him at events. He is part of the Wolfpac stable.

La Sombra: An older luchador, La Sombra (the Shadow) has been wrestling for over 10 years, using the shadow powers granted to him by his enchanted mask to fight against rudos who seek to use their abilities for their own personal gain. La Sombra’s fighting style is an acrobatic one that allows him to use ‘dark portals’ to move across the ring in the blink of an eye before unleashing ‘dark bolts’ and 'dark whips' upon his opponents.

Syxx: When Sean Waltman (aka X-Pac) was suspended for the non-kayfabe attack and injury of a fellow wrestler Norton, he ended up getting a visit at his apartment from members of the Wolfpac (the stable Norton belonged to) for a taste of payback. What ended up happening was that Waltman displayed a previously unknown ability to create a single duplicate of himself just before being knocked out. Kevin Nash, who was there to ‘supervise’ things, realized the opportunity that he found himself in and kidnapped the dupe then paid criminal scientist Dr. Shock to brainwash and subtly alter the dupe’s features until it believed a life story of Nash’s design. Now calling himself Syxx and sporting powers very similar to X-Pac, the dupe is a member of the Wolfpac and has an intense hatred of X-Pac, and takes every opportunity to interfere in his matches all while Kevin Nash laughs to himself.

Vampiro: A luchador inspired wrestler, Vampiro has the ability to bring out a victim’s greatest fears and drain their very life force with just a touch. He lives the lifestyle of a goth rocker, painting his face pale white with dark accents and even goes as far as to sleep in a coffin. He is considered odd even among the other wrestlers of the UWL.

Rob Van Dam: Rob Van Dam is a breathtaking acrobat and world-class martial artist. Through his use of meditation and martial arts, Van Dam has developed physical perfection and the ability to jump great distances. He can use this to perform an attack he calls “the 5 Star Frog Splash,” a full speed body slam upon an enemy from a jumping point across the ring. While he is egotistical about his own level of skill, Rob is a charming and charismatic person who can always get a crowd behind him during a bit.

Undertaker: A creature of brute strength but also possesses a certain talent with mysticism, the Undertaker is a powerful opponent that has a wide array of abilities to call upon. More often than not he prefers to operate alone and for his own motivations but if hard pressed he will agree to temporary alliances.

X-Pac: Originally known as the Lightning Kid (due to his impressive reflexes), Sean Waltman wanted more fame than he’d get in his old wrestling league and financed a treatment from the Power House (which increased his reflexes to superhuman levels, granted him the ability to leap over long distances and discharge electrical energy by touch) and applied to the UWL. At first going by his Lightning Kid moniker, Waltman became frustrated with the jobber assignments he kept getting. It was something that Hunter Helmsley and Shawn Michaels noticed and began to subtly encourage Waltman to act on his aggressive feelings towards the more popular wrestlers. Finally the younger man finally snapped and lashed out during a match which resulted in his opponent going to the hospital, for which he was fined and put on a month long suspension. When Waltman returned a month later with a radically different look (now sporting a beard and mustache as opposed to being clean shaven originally) he was officially recruited into the fledgling D-Generation X stable where he re-named himself X-Pac and found allies who felt just as dissatisfied as he did with how things were run in the UWL.

>>>
Tag Teams:
The Brood (Edge + Gangrel)
Demolition (Axe + Smash)
Disciples of the Apocalypse (Crush + Chainz + Skull + 8-Ball)
The Dudley Boys (Devon + Bubba Ray + Spike)
The Flock (Perry Saturn + Kidman + CM Punk + Lodi + Riggs + Hammer)
The Hardy Boyz (Jeff + Matt)
Harlem Heat (Booker T + Stevie Ray)
New Age Outlaws (Billy Gun + Jesse James)
Outsiders (Kevin Nash + Scott Hall)
The Road Warriors (Hawk + Animal)

>>>

Stables Within the Unlimited Wrestling League:
A stable is a team of three or more wrestlers, usually heels, who generally share common motives, allies and adversaries within a wrestling league/federation. The UWL is no different as that it has several stables active at any one time; these are some of the current ones.

D-Generation X: A group of wrestlers whose main interests seems to be rebelling against authority figures in the company and are fed up with the perceived preference the 'older wrestlers' get. They often break the rules (both in the ring and out side of it), act and speak as they please during interviews and promos no matter how provocative and/or insulting. They often use crude and/or profane humor as well as pull sophomoric pranks on other members of the UWL in front of the cameras in order to further embarrass their target. They have been dubbed multiple times as the "most controversial group in the UWL". (members: Shawn Michaels [co-founder], Hunter Hurst Helmsley [co-founder], X-Pac, the Road Dogg Jesse James, Badass Billy Gunn, and Chyna [bodyguard/enforcer])

The Horsemen: Based upon the stable that Ric Flair and Arn Anderson were both founding members of back during the height of their careers, the Horsemen are simply the modern day version. But instead of limiting themselves to only four members Flair has decided to expand membership to include the best of the best; be they old schoolers like he and Anderson or newer talent from the current generation of wrestlers and even the not fully developed wrestlers who show promise. (members: Ric Flair [founding member], Arn Anderson [founding member], Chris Benoit, Dean Malenko, the British Bulldog, Jim ‘the Anvil’ Neidheart, Batista, & Randy Orton)

Legion of Doom (L.O.D.): A rare stable of faces, and honestly more a gathering of extended family than a stable the L.O.D. banded together to deal with a shared feud with members of the Horsemen stable. After the feud was settled the L.O.D. remained together for them to watch one another’s backs from then on. Recently they’ve started scouting and vetting independent wrestlers in the UWL to join the stable as only the members of D.O.A. currently compete in singles matches. (members: Animal, Hawk, Axe, Smash, Crush, Chain, Skull, & 8-Ball)

Los Hijos de Averno (the Sons of Hell): Brought together by El Satánico years before coming to the UWL, Los Hijos de Averno is a stable that is together due to a common interest of its members – gaining possession of as much championship gold as they possibly can and to cause as much mayhem as they can by interfering in the matches of the other wrestlers. Since coming into the UWL they've continued this behaviour, acts that either gained them more fans or given their haters even more reason to dislike them. Their one continuing foe is El Hijo del Santo, whose powers make him more than a match for all of them. (members: El Satánico [founder], Mephisto, Ephesto, & Averno)

The Wolfpac: The newest stable in the UWL (though it is quickly growing in membership and holds the record for largest stable in wrestling history), it was organized by Kevin Nash, Scott Hall & Randy Savage to ‘take over’ the control of the UWL (by having it’s members possess the various championship belts) using street thug style tactics; including group beat downs of opponents and threats leveled against their family members, or outright intimidation to recruit perspective new members while others were promised more money for the work they did for the company or outright manipulate others to increase membership. Often times the higher ranked members will use the lower ranked members (sometimes reffered to as the B Team, who are up-and-coming wrestlers or wrestlers not so well known or as popular as their counterparts who normally compete in the main events of the company) as their own personal mooks to help soften up potential opponents. (members: Kevin Nash [co-founder], Scott Hall [co-founder], Randy Savage [co-founder], the Giant, Syxx, Booker T, Stevie Ray, Buff Bagwell, Norton, Lex Luger, Konnan, Violent Vincent, Horace, Curt Hennig, Eric Young, Jeff Jarrett, Bradshaw, Rick Rude, Mark Henry & D'Lo Brown)
Last edited by Tattooedman on Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

-- Chiun

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Shock » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:28 am

No Jake the Snake? :cry:

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:31 am

I thought about it honestly. But if I kept adding all of my favorite wrestlers to that list (which was only supposed to be about half the size it ended up) then I might have to do two posts to cover them all. :lol:

But hey, I'm open to input from folks in my games so if anyone wants to add to that list feel free and I'll add it to the index.

-- Chiun

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arkrite » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:41 am

I keep thinking I need to make a wrestler who gets a boost from the adoration or hate from the crowd. As long as he gets a strong reaction he's remarkably powerful, if nobody cares on the other hand...

Only other type I can think of is a giant. You always need a big dumb lug who can take a kicking and look imposing as heck.

::Glances at Richard::

*cough* Not that I'd know anything about that.

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:59 am

Arkrite wrote:I keep thinking I need to make a wrestler who gets a boost from the adoration or hate from the crowd. As long as he gets a strong reaction he's remarkably powerful, if nobody cares on the other hand...
Good idea, I hadn't thought about that one. Most of what I did ended up being generic bricks but given how common that power set is I thought it fit.
Arkrite wrote:Only other type I can think of is a giant. You always need a big dumb lug who can take a kicking and look imposing as heck.
<points to front part of wrestler list>

The Giant: Paul Wight's great grandfather was part of the military test group that eventually produced the Patriot, and while the enhancements he ended up developing were still within the realms of the human norm the results were passed down to his offspring, resulting in Wight standing over just over 7 feet tall and possessing monstrous superhuman strength and endurance. Recruited into the UWL with no background in wrestling he spent years struggling as he learned the basics (both of wrestling and the business of sports entertainment). Despite his earned skills Wight was still considered to be a mid-card wrestler, a status he was extremely frustrated by which made him an easy mark for the slick talking Kevin Nash. He is a member of the Wolfpac stable.

Got it. 8)
Arkrite wrote: ::Glances at Richard::

*cough* Not that I'd know anything about that.
Perhaps Richard's latest adventure will give ideas for an alternative career.

-- Chiun

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arkrite » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:44 am

Tattooedman wrote:<points to front part of wrestler list>

The Giant: Paul Wight
...?
*checks Wikipedia*
Ah, the Big Show!
I beg your pardon then.
Tattooedman wrote:Perhaps Richard's latest adventure will give ideas for an alternative career.
Professional punching bag?
Champion Chump?
Coach?
Guidance Counselor? ;~)