Protonik & the rest

Discuss Freedom City, Paragons, Wild Cards, or your own campaign settings here.
Kyle Hunter
Bystander
Bystander

Post by Kyle Hunter » Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:07 pm

Libra wrote:Who is the Batman type of the Meta-4 setting, and what is he like?
One of the few surviving/operational heroes from the 1970s Statesmen is Southern California's Hustler, who is somewhat Batman-esque. He isn't a brooder, and he doesn't have a motiff, but the power suite is about the same. Super-smart, durable gadgeteer/detective/marshall artist. No powers, but he does seem to age awfully slowly. Fights with a elongated tonfa/staff, bolos, smoke bombs etc.

Lost his leg alongside EXCEL at Bangkok '85. Tried to retire, and to this day is known simply as Kilpatrick. Arch-nemesis caught him while he was painfully hungover, tortured him almost to death, and tattooed his mask to his face. Kilpatrick now carries a gun, and wears a bullet-proof parka.

He's currently the spiritual leader of a ragtag team of misfit heroes called the Goon Squad.
Kyle H.
Super Unicorn

Kit
Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Re: Arcadia tidbits

Post by Kit » Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:43 pm

Kyle Hunter wrote:
Kit wrote:could you tell us more about how the SU crew sees Arcadia?
Here are some nuggets regarding Arcadia:
It is on the west coast, between San Francisco and Portland. Population around 450,000. Though a thriving port city and showcase for American oppulance and ingenuity in the early 20th century, the city fell on hard times. Corrutpion, financial insolvency, and a number of nightmarish paranormal incidents reduced the city to a squallid warren of the feared and the fearful. In the later 20th century, a cataclysmic series of events had the unforeseen side effect of renewing Arcadia as a shining metropolis. Many of the world's greatest heroes gave their lives to bring down Stargoyle, a madman's orbital engine of destruction. Elements of the satellite's alien technology survived the impact, and have been adapted to fuel Arcadia. Its surplus energy sales, as well as robust tourism have made Arcadia one of the wealthiest cities in the world.

Largely due to the machinations of the eccentric US president Burt Lando, Arcadia has been designated an "American Free City". It does not enjoy representation in Washington DC, despite heavy taxation. The city relies largely on private security forces. In a grand social experiment, much of the city's law enforcement is provided by licensed super heroes.
Thanks, Kyle! I hadn't considered the technological fallout from the Stargoyle fall.
You must be proud, bold, pleasant, resolute,
And now and then stab, as occasion serves.

--Christopher Marlowe, Edward II, Act II, Scene I

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Libra » Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:27 am

Tatooed his amsk to his face?!? A bit Iron age that.

But a word in the public's ear. Make the Batman a brit!

Sorry, but it's my soapbox and I am not coming down. :D
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Rule Brittania! Praise the Hoff and the Grin!

Warning!: May cause Thread Drift.

Kyle Hunter
Bystander
Bystander

Post by Kyle Hunter » Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:12 am

Libra wrote:Make the Batman a brit!
Enough! It has already happened! Perhaps you'd like to take a look at "The Club of Heroes" (aka "Batmen of the World") http://dcworld.itgo.com/ClubofHeroes.html

Created in Detective Comics in 1955 (so you KNOW it's lame,) they returned every few decades to embarrass us all. Knight and Squire, the "Batman and Robin" in question, have been revised into relatively cool characters. They serve on the team the International Ultramarine Corps.

Knight rides a motorcycle (a Triumph, I presume) and uses Brit themed gadgets like miniature remote-controlled Spitfires. He dresses like a teched up knight, but there are definate nods to the Dark Knight. In a much more sensible arrangement, Squire provides remote satellite support. http://dcworld.itgo.com/ultramarines.html

Bob's yer uncle.
Kyle H.
Super Unicorn

Kit
Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Post by Kit » Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:13 am

Kyle Hunter wrote:Knight and Squire, the "Batman and Robin" in question, have been revised into relatively cool characters. They serve on the team the International Ultramarine Corps.

Knight rides a motorcycle (a Triumph, I presume) and uses Brit themed gadgets like miniature remote-controlled Spitfires. He dresses like a teched up knight, but there are definate nods to the Dark Knight. In a much more sensible arrangement, Squire provides remote satellite support. http://dcworld.itgo.com/ultramarines.html

Bob's yer uncle.
I keep thinking the new Knight and Prometheus buy their helmets at the same store. :-)

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Libra » Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:11 pm

Heh, sorry. I just like the thought of Batman being a Brit. Say, the worldwide Batmen look to have some pretty interesting ideas in them.
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

goodtremere
Paragon
Paragon

Post by goodtremere » Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:31 am

Kit wrote: I keep thinking the new Knight and Prometheus buy their helmets at the same store. :-)
Maybe it was on sale somewhere.
@goodtremere on Champions online
Former Special Secretary For Nocturnal Liquidation and ATT LinkMaster
:( :cry: Weak in Search Fu :cry: :(
MM&M

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Libra » Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:27 pm

I'mmmmm Baaaack!

So, mr Hunter, what are the main superteams of the Meta-4 universe like?

You know, names, members, powers, etc.

( And I did not mention Batman once! Woops.)

Kyle Hunter
Bystander
Bystander

Currently Operational M-4 Hero Teams

Post by Kyle Hunter » Sat Apr 23, 2005 6:41 pm

All of the Super Unicorners should chime in on this. Expect to see a lot more of this stuff on the SU blog. Now that Sean's arm has grown back, we're getting back into it. The clone from the survivng Mona culture is 13 next month, so his ideas are pretty good now. Let me know if I forget anyone. Keep in mind teams in the M4 universe generally suffer from high rates of attrition, so lineups change frequently

The Front: Recently reactivated Home Front program. Ultra-hard pros with a mandate to protect the federal government, and maintain homeland solidarity.
Radiomega (leader)
Alpha Male
Everyman (III)
Citizen +
Primute
The Answer

The Reserve: Sean or Erik knows there current line up better than I.

The Upstarts: Young renegade heroes fighting crime for kicks and chicks.
Emo (leader)
Kid Catalyst
Blindspot
Go
The Stunt

The Initiative: the private super security agency funded by philanthropist Seamus MacManus
The Sensation (leader)
Paragon
Loop
Risk
Impact
Harrier

United:Claiming to have returned to earth, from an alternate past, after 500 years exploring the stars, the mad hero Wilde Osiris gathered a ragtag team of heroes. For unknown reasons, his team intercedes in emergencies, generally on the side of law and order. The team has a knack for confronting the stranger threats posed by super science and sorcery. Wilde Osiris seems to be grooming them for a looming cataclysm
Wilde Osiris (leader)
The Hustler/Kilpatrick
Zero 00
Dogstar [my avatar, incidentally]
Leapyear
Flood
Scatterbrain
Kyle H.
Super Unicorn

Kit
Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Post by Kit » Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:35 am

Interesting...

Setothes
Overlord
Overlord

Post by Setothes » Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:32 am

The Upstarts sound particularly cool, although obviously I well past the 'judging a book by it's cover' stage and at the 'judging a superteam by their names' stage. :)

Sacremas
Compatriot
Compatriot

Post by Sacremas » Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:37 pm

United sounds cool and kooky as hell! Man, you gotta publish a META-4 setting, seriously!

Wilde Osiris sounds interesting... what is he like, just a common madman or an ancient egyptian god or something?

Also, how about the cosmic and prehistoric stuff? The Preservers and the ancient history as well as the galactic empires were one of the coolest bits of Freedom City IMO, anything similar to it in Meta-4? Like, any celestial/elder-like races behind the curtain aside from the Ancient Astronaut and his people, galactic empires aside from the Broan, planet-devouring giants or other big cosmic stuff? How about pre history, anything like the Bleed of the Wildstorm universe or Preservers and Atlantis/Lemuria around?
"I am what I am and that is all that I am."

Full Metal
Henchman
Henchman

Post by Full Metal » Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:03 am

I would like to hear about any supernatural villains, creatures and threats, like how the cosmology of the Primal Sphere and the rest of the META-4 megaverse works.

Also, anything about the WWII heroes who joined the Victory Legion (I think?) during the war and who fell at the Battle of Britain would be awesome. I love Legacy heros!!!

...and archer heros! more of them!

Kyle Hunter
Bystander
Bystander

Post by Kyle Hunter » Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:02 pm

Here's a pretty good guide to the primal sphere. It hasn't been revised in a while. You'll notice it's rather D&D flavored.

http://www.superunicorn.com/planar_model.jpg
Kyle H.
Super Unicorn

Knight Owl
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Post by Knight Owl » Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:01 pm

You guys are amazing. Sheer geniuses.
And the names don't make me cringe, like my player's names.
I have to give you props on being hip.
Emo as a leader of the Upstarts.
HECK YES.

Grade A-mazing stuff. For true.

And I wondered where Zero 00 went. I bet he's one of Panic's throwbacks.
MMMMM. Upstarts. MMMMMM
They make me feel warm and infinite on the inside.