World of Freedom: FC Setting Builds....

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: World of Freedom: New FC Setting characters

Post by kenseido » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:08 am

I didn't notice the Rock or Hogan.

However, you did include my favorite, Stone Cold Steve Austin - so all is good.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:11 pm

Arkrite wrote:
Tattooedman wrote:<points to front part of wrestler list>

The Giant: Paul Wight
...?
*checks Wikipedia*
Ah, the Big Show!
I beg your pardon then.
No problem. I tried mixing up some of the wrestler's bits a little to keep things interesting sounding, so the fact that the Big Show started off in WCW as the Giant was just one of things I did.
Arkrite wrote:
Tattooedman wrote:Perhaps Richard's latest adventure will give ideas for an alternative career.
Professional punching bag?
Champion Chump?
Coach?
Guidance Counselor? ;~)
I could totally see him as a corner man/manager in the UWL, channeling all kinds of Mr. Ross.
kenseido wrote:I didn't notice the Rock or Hogan.

However, you did include my favorite, Stone Cold Steve Austin - so all is good.
Honestly? I'm a bit tired of Hogan & the Rock.

Stone Cold on the other hand is probably my all time personal favorite wrestler, so I had to include him.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Shock » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:21 pm

You've got the Macho Man so I'm happy. I thought the Giant was Andre though. ;{

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arkrite » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:13 pm

Tattooedman wrote:Honestly? I'm a bit tired of Hogan & the Rock.
Hogan's got the look, and he could really work up the fans back in the day. Too bad he never learned how to wrestle.

The Rock was also really good at putting the crowd into a frenzy, I just kind of stopped liking him when I stopped to look at what his personality was really like.

Now that's not to say I don't enjoy seeing Dwayne Johnson in movies, I'm just not a fan of the character he plays while wrestling.

I am also amused that you actually turned Stone Cold into a literal bionic redneck ;~)

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:16 pm

Arkrite wrote:Hogan's got the look, and he could really work up the fans back in the day. Too bad he never learned how to wrestle.
Exactly my point. Don't get me wrong; I grew up saying my prayers & taking my vitamins BROTHER!

But now a days Hogan just looks really old, tired & kinda desperate for money IMO.
Arkrite wrote:The Rock was also really good at putting the crowd into a frenzy, I just kind of stopped liking him when I stopped to look at what his personality was really like.
Yeah, when he's a heel I can't stand the personality. As a babyface, he's only sligthly more tolerable IMO.
Arkrite wrote:Now that's not to say I don't enjoy seeing Dwayne Johnson in movies, I'm just not a fan of the character he plays while wrestling.
So far the few movies I've seen him in he's been a good action movie guy. No problems there. Still waiting to see Pain & Gain though, I heard he was funny as hell in it (as well as freakishly over-muscled).
Arkrite wrote:I am also amused that you actually turned Stone Cold into a literal bionic redneck ;~)
I thought it'd just be too funny not to use.

-- Chiun

ClassDunce
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by ClassDunce » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:57 pm

Your list is extremely 90's sir but all is forgiven for including t The Shooter Dean Malenko. I'm also an Arn Anderson fan because you don't get back up from an Arn Anderson spinebuster.
"When they ask how I died, tell them: still angry." - Quellcrist Falconer

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:42 pm

ClassDunce wrote:Your list is extremely 90's sir but all is forgiven for including t The Shooter Dean Malenko. I'm also an Arn Anderson fan because you don't get back up from an Arn Anderson spinebuster.
Well I hate to say it but the 90s was last time I was REALLY into wrestling, and followed it close. Well I did watch TNA for a while here about 5 years ago but that turned out to mostly be a rehash of the 90s stuff for the most part. So yeah....the list shows I'm a tad out of date.

I was thinking earlier today that I needed to add a couple of others to the list; CM Punk, John Cena, Jay Lethal, Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe just to name a few.

-- Chiun

ClassDunce
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by ClassDunce » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:31 am

Right now it's all about Daniel Bryan man. He's getting the kind of reaction from the crowd right now that hasn't been seen since Austin 3:16 said I just whipped your ass. Later today I'll post some stuff of his if you would like. He's the best actual Wrestler that the WWE has had in nearly a decade. If they cod ever work Dean Ambrose out of the mid card they could have one of the most epic feuds of this century.
"When they ask how I died, tell them: still angry." - Quellcrist Falconer

death tribble
Disciple
Disciple

Post by death tribble » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:58 am

Tattooedman wrote:I was thinking earlier today that I needed to add a couple of others to the list; CM Punk, John Cena, Jay Lethal, Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe just to name a few.
Have mercy on our souls ! Don't include John Senile !

Oh and you have the Anvil and the Bulldog but no Bret ?
Dangerous when cute

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Crinos » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:20 am

Tattooedman wrote:
ClassDunce wrote:Your list is extremely 90's sir but all is forgiven for including t The Shooter Dean Malenko. I'm also an Arn Anderson fan because you don't get back up from an Arn Anderson spinebuster.
Well I hate to say it but the 90s was last time I was REALLY into wrestling, and followed it close. Well I did watch TNA for a while here about 5 years ago but that turned out to mostly be a rehash of the 90s stuff for the most part. So yeah....the list shows I'm a tad out of date.

I was thinking earlier today that I needed to add a couple of others to the list; CM Punk, John Cena, Jay Lethal, Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe just to name a few.
Yeah, I mainly watched Wrestling during the attitude era, arguably one of the best since it gave us the Ministry, the Corporation, the ECW/WCW invasion, and of course, the Rock and Sock connection.

I also watched TNA briefly, so I could follow Spoony's wrestling show, but I couldn't take it.

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:15 pm

ClassDunce wrote:Right now it's all about Daniel Bryan man. He's getting the kind of reaction from the crowd right now that hasn't been seen since Austin 3:16 said I just whipped your ass. Later today I'll post some stuff of his if you would like. He's the best actual Wrestler that the WWE has had in nearly a decade. If they cod ever work Dean Ambrose out of the mid card they could have one of the most epic feuds of this century.
Sure, I'm always up for seeing some good wrestling.
death tribble wrote:Have mercy on our souls ! Don't include John Senile !

Oh and you have the Anvil and the Bulldog but no Bret ?
Don't get me wrong, the Hitman is one of the great older wrestlers but as far as I care he's in the same boat as Hogan.

As for Cena, well I mainly was thinking of including him just to diversify the gimmicks of the UWL's wrestlers more than anything else. I'm not a fan of his really, since he's little more than a mouth (he's like the Rock when it comes to working a crowd IMO, he's pretty good at it) with barely passable wrestling skills.

Crinos wrote:Yeah, I mainly watched Wrestling during the attitude era, arguably one of the best since it gave us the Ministry, the Corporation, the ECW/WCW invasion, and of course, the Rock and Sock connection.

I also watched TNA briefly, so I could follow Spoony's wrestling show, but I couldn't take it.
When it came to me watching TNA it was more because I'd gotten tired of the WWE's stupid stories (which I realize is a bit of an oxymoron here) but I can't believe some of the crap their writers think fans will be willing to go along with. It's kind of insulting IMO.

TNA used to be pretty good back when it first got on tv, but then they started hiring all the old timers again and letting Russo and Bishoff write the angles and it turned me off pretty quick.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Hex

Post by Tattooedman » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:17 pm

Hex:
PL:
Strength 1
Stamina 2
Agility 2
Dexterity 2
Fighting 4
Intellect 4
Awareness 3
Presence 2

Skills: Deception 10 (+12), Expertise [Computers] 3 (+7), Expertise [Current Events] 6 (+10), Expertise [Magic] 12 (+16), Expertise [Pop Culture] 6 (+10), Insight 7 (+10), Perception 9 (+12), Persuasion 10 (+12), Ranged Combat [Selected Spells Of The Day Array] 6 (+11), Stealth 6 (+8.), Technology 6 (+10)

Advantages: Close Attack 4, Daze [Deception], Eidetic Memory, Fascinate [Persuasion], Minion [Nightshade] 8, Ranged Attack 3, Ritualist, Set-Up, Teamwork

Powers: Selected Spells Of The Day: Variable 11 [55 pt pool; Magical Descriptor] (Flaws: Limited [Requires full day to wait and time spent with Nightshade (his techo~familiar) to establish Array of spells for the day], Quirk [all spells cast use Nightshade as focus])

~Sample Spells:
Emerald Eye: Senses 11 [Detect (mental sense [Secret Doors]; Accurate, Counters All Concealment, Counters Illusion, Radius, Ranged)]
Hands of Fate: Move Object 11 (Extra: Damaging); (Feat: Precise)
Nabu‘s Eyes: Senses 11 [Awareness (Magic; Analytical, Counters All Concealment, Counters Illusion, Radius, Ranged)]
Ring of Oa: Protection 9 (Extras: Affects Others, Area [Burst])

Link To Nightshade: Senses 1 [Communication Link (w/Nightshade)]
Mental Focus: Enhanced Will 5 (Flaw: Limited [Only vs. Mental Effects])
Shunting Talisman: (Removable –6 pts) [24 pp]
Enhanced Dodge 5
Enhanced Parry 5
Protection 9 (Extra: Impervious 11)
Nightshade:
PL:
Strength 0
Stamina --
Agility 0
Dexterity 0
Fighting 0
Intellect 0
Awareness 0
Presence 0

Skills: Acrobatics 6 (+6), Expertise [Magic] 9 (+9), Perception 9 (+9), Stealth 0 (+9)

Advantages: Eidetic Memory, Improved Initiative, Second Chance [Expertise (Magic)], Skill Mastery [Expertise (Magic)]

Powers: Technological Construct Traits:
Damage 5 (Feat: Reach 3)
Flight 6
Immunity 30 [Fortitude Effects]
Protection 4
Senses 2 [Communication Link (w/Hex), Radio (Scrambled 2)]

Familiar Traits: Feature 1 [Database]

Small Size: Shrinking 9 [1 foot; +4 Dodge/Parry, +9 Stealth] (Extras: Normal Strength, Permanent); (Feat: Innate)

Offense: Initiative +4
Melee Attack +0
Ranged Attack +0

Defense: Dodge +12
Parry +12
Toughness +4
Fortitude N/A
Will +11

Costs: Abilities -10+ Skills 8+ Advantages 4+ Powers 87+ Defenses 27= 116 pts.
Offense: Initiative +2
Melee Attack +8
Ranged Attack +5 // Selected Spells Of The Day Array Attack +11

Defense: Dodge +11*/+6 [*Shunting Talisman (Impervious)]
Parry +11*/+6 [*Shunting Talisman (Impervious)]
Toughness +11*/+2 [*Shunting Talisman (Impervious)]
Fortitude +9
Will +13*/+8 [*Only vs. Mental Effects]

Costs: Abilities 40+ Skills 28+ Advantages 21+ Powers 95+ Defenses 20= 204 pts.

Height: 5’10”
Weight: Unknown
Hair: Dark Blonde
Eye Color: Green

Complications:
Motivation ~Thrills: Hex LOVES the thrill of being a hero.

Power Loss: Without his techno~familiar, Nightshade, Hex cannot cast any spells at all in any way (he can’t even perform rituals). If she is destroyed Hex first suffers a mental backlash (saving against a Will DC 20) then he would have to rebuild her before he could cast spells again.

Reputation ~Likes The Ladies: Hex will basically hit on any good looking woman he might encounter, from the girl he passes on the street to the waitress who just took his order, and even her younger sister (as long as she’s legal age).

Responsibility ~The Lodge: As a member of the Lodge, Hex is expected to help from time to time with magical issues that fall within his realm of expertise, as well as helping out other members who might need a place to stay in times of need.

Secret(s): Hex has got a few…well….a LOT actually….anyone of them could come back to bite him on the hind end.

Secret ~The Lodge: HEx is a member of the Lodge, and Lodge's most important rule is: Don't talk about the Lodge. Failure to keep the Lodge secret from the general public would be seen as an act which would threaten the lives of all of its members who rely on anonymity to accomplish their goals and avoid reprisals from powerful enemies.

Background: Brought into the Sentinels by Sebastian Arcane to act as the team’s resident mystical expert while he and Nicodemus take some time off to recover from injuries they suffered fighting the Syndicate of Seven. During his introduction to the team, Hex tried hitting on not only Iron Angel, Speed Demon and Wildflower as well in the very next sentence (needless to say he was turned down by all three women but he does continue to try), and while his personal attitude seems a bit roguish and rough for the team Hardcore and Doc Steele trust Sebastian to choose a stand-in wisely enough.

The truth is that Hex is Sebastian’s brother, Vincent, and takes his job as the current team mystic very seriously. He’s just always been a very laid back and ‘go with it’ kind of guy and he likes to have fun. Something that has made him quick friends with Troll and Technomancer; with the large Russian, Hex has been hitting the celebrity social scene basically every night since Hex joined and with Technomancer the two have been engaging in a series of pranks on one another that seems to have no end in sight.

Like Sebastian, Hex is a mage of the Lodge with a strange fixation on technology only a bit further developed; showcased by his techo~familiar, Nightshade. A widget that floats always near Hex chirping and clicking away despite the fact nobody besides Hex can understand ‘her’. He treats Nightshade somewhere in between a pet and friend but he cares for her very deeply and does everything in his power to protect her if someone threatens her. Part of this is because all of Hex’s magical ability is focused through Nightshade - meaning that if he casts a mystic blast spell it will come from Nightshade and not him, and she holds all of Hex’s grimoires within her electronic memory. So if something were to happen to her, Hex would unable to do any kind of magical working.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Plastic Man

Post by Tattooedman » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:21 pm

Plastic Man:
PL:
Strength 7
Stamina --
Agility 2
Dexterity 2
Fighting 6
Intellect 3
Awareness 3
Presence 2

Skills: Athletics 3 (+10), Deception 8 (+10), Expertise [Current Events] 6 (+9), Expertise [Science] 8 (+11), Insight 8 (+11), Intimidation 8 (+10), Perception 8 (+10), Persuasion 6 (+9), Ranged Combat [Thrown Objects] 6 (+8.), Stealth 6 (+8.), Technology 8 (+11)

Advantages: Close Attack 4, Contacts, Daze [Deception], Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Taunt

Powers: Plastic Polymer Body:
Enhanced Strength 3 (Flaw: Limited [Lifting Only])
Immunity 30 [Fortitude Effects]
Protection 10 (Extra: Impervious 8.)
Malleable Plastic Polymer: Variable 6 [30 pt pool] (Extra: Move Action); (Flaw: Quirk [retains polymer colors of blue/green])

Offense: Initiative +6
Melee Attack +10
Ranged Attack +2 // Thrown Objects Attack +8

Defense: Dodge +10
Parry +10
Toughness +10* [*Impervious 8]
Fortitude N/A
Will +10

Costs: Abilities 40+ Skills 28+ Advantages 9+ Powers 98+ Defenses 19= 194 pts.

Height: 8’ (as Plastic Man) // 5’10” (as Ganz)
Weight: 124 lbs (as Plastic Man) // (as Ganz)
Hair: None (as Plastic Man) // Black (as Ganz)
Eye Color: Yellow (as Plastic Man) // Blue (as Ganz)

Complications:
Case Of The Body Blackmail: Plastic Man’s flesh and blood body is in a medically sustained coma, held by Project: Icarus to keep him in line and following their orders.

Secret: Plastic Man’s identity as Gunther Ganz isn’t known to the public.

Secret: Plastic Man is a Wild Striker.

Weakness: Plastic Man’s polymer body takes an additional degree of damage from extreme cold based attacks.

Background: Gunther Ganz was simply a scientist working at ASTRO Labs when the Wild Strike happened and the strange energy released that day caused Ganz’s mind to merge with a sample of a nearby plastic polymer, leaving his body in a coma-like sate without his mind to operate it.

In the chaos that followed the Wild Strike, Project: Icarus had no trouble taking possession of Ganz’s body and forcing him to work for them. They still tell Ganz that at some point they will figure out a way to transfer his mind back into his body, but this is a lie as the project’s scientists haven’t even begun to work on Ganz’s problem. He’s too valuable to Icarus as Plastic Man.

Though Ganz isn’t a stupid man, he’s realized that Icarus probably has no plans to help him and has begun to try and figure out a way for him to get possession of his flesh and blood body away from Icarus (a task made more difficult due to the fact Ganz’s body needs life support to keep alive). But Ganz is a smart man, he knows that he will eventually figure something out, though he realizes he still needs to keep his handlers for the project satisfied with his work so he continues to work for Project: Icarus.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Spectre

Post by Tattooedman » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:22 pm

Spectre:
PL:
Strength 3
Stamina 5
Agility 3
Dexterity 3
Fighting 5
Intellect 3
Awareness 2
Presence 1

Skills: Athletics 3 (+6), Deception 9 (+10), Expertise [Pop Culture] 6 (+9), Expertise [Science] 9 (+12), Insight 6 (+8.), Perception 6 (+8.), Stealth 6 (+9), Technology 9 (+12)

Advantages: Close Attack 4, Equipment, Hide In Plain Sight, Improved Feint, Improved Initiative, Set-Up, Task Focus [Expertise (Science): Physics]

Powers: Fine-Tune Personal Molecular Resonance:
Concealment 4 [all visual senses]
Insubstantial 4
Molecular Disruption: Damage 9 (Extra: Affects Corporeal)

Offense: Initiative +9
Melee Attack +9
Ranged Attack +3

Defense: Dodge +9
Parry +9
Toughness +9*/+5 [*Costume]
Fortitude +7
Will +7

Equipment: Costume [Protection 4; Subtle]

Costs: Abilities 50+ Skills 18+ Advantages 8+ Powers 46+ Defenses 17= 139 pts.

Height: 5’ 10”
Hair: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown

Complications:
Forced Criminal: Project: Icarus forces Spectre to work for them by threatening both is own life and those of his parents.

Reputation ~Smart Ass Prankster: Spectre is known for having a preference for pulling sophomoric pranks on those he feels are too full of themselves or are too serious.

Background: Taylor Pike was a teenage genius, with a incredible knack for science. Most or all of his work was carried out in his "Basement Lab", where he carried on experimentation that reached farther than what was standard in regular labs and was commonly pushing the boundaries in the realm of physics that were nothing more then theories. Taylor was relatively unremarkable beyond his intellect, until an accident happened which bombarded his body with neutrinos; giving him the ability to become insubstantial and invisible by force of will. He naturally took to his powers and went into a profession that suited them best, he become a high profile thief.

This drew the attention of Project: Icarus and they dispatched Plastic Man to bring him in. Plastic Man set a trap for Spectre after realizing his robbery M.O. and used a phase disrupter to counter the young man’s powers so that he could capture him.

Once Taylor was in Icarus’ hands they wasted no time in implanting him with a sub-dermal explosive that would activate the moment he tried to use any of his powers, to prevent him from trying to escape. Once they had the thief locked down, the powers that be made a straightforward offer to him – work for them or else they would kill his parents. Realizing he had no other options Spectre agreed and soon he was stealing secrets and scientific items for Project: Icarus.

Taylor hates his situation but he doesn’t see any way out of it on his own, Icarus has him pinned down pretty hard with a small team in place constantly observing his parents should he act out against the project.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Black Orchid

Post by Tattooedman » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:14 pm

Black Orchid:
PL:
Strength 2
Stamina 2
Agility 4
Dexterity 4
Fighting 6
Intellect 2
Awareness 4
Presence 4

Skills: Acrobatics 4 (+8.), Athletics 6 (+8.), Deception 8 (+12/+14), Expertise [Current Events] 6 (+8.), Expertise [Magic] 8 (+10), Expertise [Pop Culture] 5 (+7), Insight 4 (+8.), Investigation 3 (+5), Perception 4 (+8.), Persuasion 8 (+12/+14), Stealth 7 (+11)

Advantages: Attractive, Close Attack 5, Connected, Contacts, Daze [Deception], Defensive Roll 3, Fascinate [Persuasion], Ritualist, Seize Initiative

Powers: Tantric Longevity: Feature 1 [Longevity]
Tantric Recharge: Cumulative Affliction 9 [Impaired, Disabled, Dying; resisted by Fortitude]

Tantric Magic Array:
Pleasant Dreams: Communication 1 [Mental] (Flaw: Limited [Dreamers Only]) & Illusion 8 [All Senses] (Flaws: Close Range, Limited [Sleeping Subjects Only] • 30 points
-Heart & Soul Where Are None, Mine To Shape As Ah Will: Summon 9 [Animated Objects] (Extra: Perception); (Flaw: Limited [Available Objects]) • 3 points per rank
-Glamour: Morph 3 [humanoids] • 15 points
-Sound To Sleep: Affliction 9 [Fatigued, Exhausted, Asleep; resisted by Will] (Extras: Cumulative); (Feat: Reach 2)

Offense: Initiative +4
Melee Attack +11
Ranged Attack +4

Defense: Dodge +11
Parry +11
Toughness +5*/+2 [*Defensive Roll]
Fortitude +7
Will +9

Costs: Abilities 56+ Skills 21+ Advantages 15+ Powers 52+ Defenses 22= 166 pts.

Height: 5’7”
Hair: Black
Eye Color: Ice Blue

Complications:
Motivation ~Money & Power: Black Orchid wants both these things, and she's not too particular about how she gets either of them.

Older Than She Looks: Black Orchid is much older than she appears; she’s made comments about being “Marilyn back in tha day”.

Reputation ~Massive Flirt: Black Orchid constantly flirts with any man she deals with - ally, informant, enemy, person she rescues. You name a kind of guy and she‘ll make a pass at him.

Power Loss: Black Orchid must periodically recharge her supply of Tantric energy to fuel her spells, otherwise she will not be able to perform any magic spells and she loses her Tantric Longevity.

Background: The early years of Arlette St.George, if that is her real name, are unknown. No records can be found for anyone with that name in the last thirty years, it’s almost like she just suddenly appeared one day out of nowhere. If one were to judge based on her accent, then Arlette St. George is some one of the further down Southern states of the country but then again it could just be a well practiced bit on her part. Arlette does love to cultivate an air of mystery about herself given the chance.

However it is known that she uses a rare form of magic, known as Tantric Magic, to help her achieve her goals; be they simple robbery, or the conning of wealthy and powerful men. Either one doesn’t seem to be more favored than the other by Arlette though given how she likes to keep the mystical reserves for her Tantric Magic filled she does indulge herself a bit in the second venture.

In the mystical community Arlette is known by another name; Black Orchid. Rumors have it that she is willing to trade information, take on unique job offers, perform healing on those who are seriously injured and don’t want to answer any questions, or will simply answer questions about magical lore in general. She just does it all for the right price, and the price differs from ‘customer’ to ‘customer’. Arlette is a playful woman, who seems to have a preference for the finer things in life, but she isn’t afraid of getting her hands dirty if the need is called for. She is also a huge flirt, meaning that someone with a pretty face will probably have an easier ‘payment’ than another woman would.

If Arlette could have her way she’d just take services in trade, just the way it was done in the good old days but she realizes that mentality doesn’t get over that well with this generation of mystics. Plus there are those who don’t want to be in Black Orchid’s debt.

-- Chiun