J-Mart: Preparing for Relocation... :)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Sidious
Superhero
Superhero

Re: J-Mart: Manifold, Starro, Baron Blitzkrieg, Captain Nazi

Postby Sidious » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:36 pm

I usually combine Marvel and DC for this so....

Super Axis:
Baron Blood
Baron Zemo I
Arnim Zola
Iron Cross
Lady Lotus
Master Man
U-man
Warrior Woman

Axis Amerika:
Ubermensch
Horned Owl & Fledermaus
Gudra
Sea Wolf
Usil
Kamikaze
Hel
Great White
Zaladin
Fleshburn

Others:
Per Degaton
Ultra-Humanite
Baron Bedlam
Baron Von Blitzschlag
Baron von Strucker

Fourth Reich:
Baron Gestapo
Baroness Blitzkreig
Captain Murder
Captain Swastika
Count Berlin
Doctor Demon
Green Ghoul
Hunter
Karnevil
Reichsmark
Shadow of War
Swastika
Vandal Savage
White Dragon

Just a few off the top of my head. You can find more on Comicvine.
http://www.comicvine.com/nazis/4060-49867/characters/
Live fast. Love hard. Die with your mask on.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:41 pm

Some of these guys I've never heard of. I'll have to do research. Several of them I did have on my list to get to, though, especially the Fourth Reich. May not be quick, but I think I can fill this order. :D
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

scc
Zealot
Zealot

Postby scc » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:25 pm

Nice Baron Blitzrieg and Captain Nazi builds. I admit I was surprised that none of them made it into DC Adventures. Nazis make great villians for heroes to beat up.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Postby Thorpacolypse » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:27 am

Check out this J-Mart Favorite item that's hitting the Aisle 1 shelves!

Look at this. We could have rebuilt Krypton on this planet, but you chose the humans over us. I exist only to protect Krypton. That is the soul purpose for which I was born. And every action I take, no matter how violent or how cruel, is for the greater good of my people. And now, I have no people. My soul, that is what you have taken from me!

I am going to make them suffer, Kal-El. These humans you've adopted, I will take them all from you, one by one! - General Zod

GENERAL ZOD
PL: 15 (294 pts) - OPL: 15 ; DPL: 14

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 18, STAMINA 13, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 11, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Athletics 5 (+23), Deception 7 (+11), Expertise [Kryptonian Lore] 10 (+13), Expertise [Military] 10 (+13), Insight 6 (+9) [Assessment], Intimidation 7 (+11), Perception 5 (+8), Persuasion 4 (+8), Ranged Combat [Guns] 2 (+11), Stealth 4 (+7), Technology 5 (+8), Vehicles 3 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Assessment, Benefit (3) (Status – General of Kryptonian Military), Close Attack (1), Favored Foe (Superman), Diehard, Great Endurance, Improved Aim, Improved Initiative (5), Languages (1) (English, 1 other, Base: Kryptonian), Leadership, Ranged Attack (5), Takedown (1)

POWERS:
More Powerful Than a Locomotive: Enhanced Strength 5 (200,000 Tons; Flaw: Limited to Lifting); 5 pts
Invulnerability: Protection 4, Impervious Toughness 8, Enhanced Advantages 2 (Diehard, Great Endurance), Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support), Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds; Extra: Persistent, Flaw: Limited [Requires exposure to yellow sunlight]); 34 pts
Faster Than a Speeding Bullet: 31 pt Dynamic Array; 35 pts
Able to Leap Tall Buildings: Flight 15 (64,000 mph/125 mpr; Extra: Dynamic); 31 pts
Super Speed: Speed 15 (64,000 mph/125 mpr), Quickness 8, Enhanced Advantages 5 (Improved Initiative 5), (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Space Travel: Movement 2 (Space Travel 2 [Other star systems], Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts

Powers Far Beyond Those of Mortal Men: 28 pt Array; 31 pts
Heat Vision: Ranged Heat Damage 14; 28 pts
Super-Breath: Cone Area Move Object 9 (Air; Extra: Cone Area [60 ft cone], Flaw: Range [Close], Limited Direction [towards or away]); 1 pt
Freezing Breath: Cone Area Cumulative Affliction 9 (Ice; Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Hindered, 2nd: Immobilized, 3rd: Paralyzed; Extra: Area Cone [60 ft cone]); 1 pt
Super Senses: Senses 19 (Normal Hearing [Acute and Extended 2], Normal Vision [Extended 3], Infravision [Extended], Microscopic Vision 4 [Atomic], Ultra-Hearing [Extended], Vision Penetrates Concealment [Extended, Flaw: Cannot see through lead]); 1 pt

Kryptonian Battle Suit: 9 pts Traits, Removable (-2 pts), Extra: Indestructible, Quirk: Protection does not stack with Kryptonian Invulnerability; 7 pts
Morph into Costume: Feature 1 (Quick Change); 1 pt
Body Armor: Protection 2, Impervious 3; 8 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3 (+23 with Super Speed)
Close Attack +12 [Unarmed +18]
Ranged Attack +9 [Heat Vision +14]
Guns +11
Special Attack [Super Breath +9, Area Cone; Freezing Breath +9, Area Cone]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +11 [DC21]
Toughness +17 (+8 Impervious), Fortitude +15, Will +11

COMPLICATIONS:
KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!: Zod’s defining characteristic is his monumental arrogance, which frequently blinds him to flaws in his plans or the potential superiority of his adversaries
Patriotism: Despite his brutal nature and arrogance, Zod is loyal to Krypton and it’s people above all else
Power Loss: Zod loses his powers and his Str and Sta are reduced to 3 under a red sun, like that of Krypton, and other effects draining or interfering with the energies of the yellow sun can deprive him of his powers
Relationships: Zod has some feelings for his son, Lor-Zod (Chris Kent) and his longtime associates Ursa and Non, although he generally is only concerned about himself and his plans
Vulnerable: Zod is as vulnerable to magic as anyone else. His Toughness is not Impervious against magical attacks and he loses his ranks of Protection
Weakness: Kryptonite...Its radiation saps the Strength and powers of Kryptonians, leaving them impaired, disabled, and eventually debilitated in terms of Strength and power effects. Long-term exposure (usually a matter of minutes, less for a large enough amount) imposes the dying condition and may lead to death

Abilities 118 + Skills 34 (68 ranks) + Advantages 16 + Powers 109 + Defenses 17 = 294 / 294

Build Comments: Very simply put: KNEEL…

I thought Michael Shannon's portrayal of Zod in Man of Steel was by far the high point. Sure Terrence Stamp's legenedarily campy Zod from Superman II is classic but this Zod was a men you could truly see leading army and being the type of villain that would truly test Clark and he did. I also really liked the portrayal of Krypton in the movie. After they got to Earth....well, that could have gone better, but still I liked the movie (and let's not get into another debate about it, I know what most of you think). :wink:

Secret Origins: Zod was the head of Krypton's Military Guild and became so dissatisfied with the planet's ruling council's decisions that he attempted a rebellion. He learned of Jor-El's prophecy that Krypton is doomed and his plans to steal the codex, the key to genetically-engineering Kryptonians. He went to confront Jor-El and learns of Jor-El and Lara’s natural born son Kal-El, which is against Kryptonian Law, as all Kryptonians are engineered to be more efficient. Angered, Zod fought Jor-El but the scientist was able to send Kal-El and the codex bound to his DNA off in a rocket bound for Earth. Before he can kill the scientist he and his forces, including his second-in-command Ursa and his massive enforcer Non, are captured and sentenced to 300 cycles within the Phantom Zone. Zod then cryptically warned Jor-El and Lara that he will find their son. Although he is imprisoned within the Phantom Zone, a short time later, the destruction of Krypton frees him and his cohorts.

The Story so Far: Zod located Kal-El on Earth and came prepared to negotiate with his fellow Kryptonian, but was also ready for war. He threatened its people into handing over Kal-El, who now goes by the name of Clark Kent. Clark surrendered and Zod reveals to Clark how he and his team refit the Phantom Zone projector into their ship, acquired a "world engine" device, scouted unsuccessfully for surviving Kryptonian colonies, and traveled to Earth due to Clark's triggering a beacon by activating his crystals. He then revealed his plan to terraform the planet with the world engine and use the codex to repopulate the world with genetically-engineered Kryptonians, bringing an end to the Human race.

Superman and Zod fought and after initially capturing Superman, Zod released the world engine on Metropolis and over the Indian Ocean to begin terraforming. Superman, with the assistance of The Justice League, The Avengers and S.H.I.E.L.D., are able to destroy the device and Superman is able to use the Phantom Zone device to transport Zod and his allies into the Phantom Zone, foiling Zod's plans.

Zod, Ursa and Non have escapted the Zone on a handful occasions, but eventually they are defeated and returned. Recently, Zod was able to send a ship out of the Zone to Earth that carried he and Ursa’s son, Lor-Zod, who Clark found and took in. Once Zod and his cohorts were able to escape, they came after Lor-Zod, but were defeated by Superman, Supergirl, Power Girl, Superboy and Krypto and Lor-Zod chose to stay with them and is now known as Chris Kent.

Characterization: Zod is arrogant and quick tempered, but his love for his world and his people is unequaled.

Friends and Foes: Zod has a great enmity for Kal-El for the defeats he has given him and his history with Jor-El. He is mostly loyal to Ursa and Non and he does seems to show some fatherly feelings towards Lor-Zod (Chris Kent) at times, but in general, his greatest love is Krypton and his desire to protect it’s heritage and restore it somehow.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:38 am

Another new addition to our Villains Line hits the Aisle 1 shelves!

*grunt*

NON
PL: 14 (210 pts) - OPL: 14 ; DPL: 13

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 20, STAMINA 15, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 1, FIGHTING 7, INTELLECT -2, AWARENESS -1, PRESENCE -1

SKILLS: Athletics 5 (+25), Close Combat [Unarmed] 1 (+8), Deception (-1), Insight (-1), Intimidation 10 (+9/+10), Perception 2 (+1), Persuasion (-1), Ranged Combat [Heat Vision] 2 (+6), Stealth (+1/+0)

ADVANTAGES: Chokehold, Diehard, Fast Grab, Great Endurance, Improved Initiative (5), Ranged Attack (3)

POWERS:
Big Man: Growth 2 (+2 Str, +2 Sta, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth, +1 Intimidation, Speed +0, +2 Mass; Extra: Innate); 5 pts
More Powerful Than a Locomotive: Enhanced Strength 5 (800,000 Tons; Flaw: Limited to Lifting); 5 pts
Invulnerability: Protection 4, Impervious Toughness 9, Enhanced Advantages 2 (Diehard, Great Endurance), Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support), Regeneration 3 (1/every 3 rounds; Extra: Persistent, Flaw: Limited [Requires exposure to yellow sunlight]); 37 pts
Faster Than a Speeding Bullet: 27 pt Dynamic Array; 31 pts
Able to Leap Tall Buildings: Flight 13 (16,000 mph/30 mpr; Extra: Dynamic); 27 pts
Super Speed: Speed 13 (16,000 mph/30 mpr), Quickness 8, Enhanced Advantages 5 (Improved Initiative 5), (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Space Travel: Movement 2 (Space Travel 2 [Other star systems], Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts

Powers Far Beyond Those of Mortal Men: 28 pt Array; 31 pts
Heat Vision: Ranged Heat Damage 14; 28 pts
Super-Breath: Cone Area Move Object 9 (Air; Extra: Cone Area [60 ft radius], Flaw: Range [Close], Limited Direction [towards or away]); 1 pt
Freezing Breath: Cone Area Cumulative Affliction 9 (Ice; Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Hindered, 2nd: Immobilized, 3rd: Paralyzed; Extra: Cone Area [60 ft cone]); 1 pt
Super Senses: Senses 18 (Normal Hearing [Acute and Extended 3], Normal Vision [Extended 3], Infravision [Extended], Microscopic Vision 3 [DNA/Complex Molecules], Ultra-Hearing [Extended], Vision Penetrates Concealment [Extended, Flaw: Cannot see through lead]); 1 pt

Kryptonian Battle Suit: 9 pts Traits, Removable (-2 pts), Extra: Indestructible, Quirk: Protection does not stack with Kryptonian Invulnerability; 7 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Close Attack +5
Unarmed +8 [Unarmed +20]
Ranged Attack +4
Heat Vision +6 [Heat Vision +14]
Special Attack [Super Breath Move Object +9, Area Cone; Freeze Breath Affliction +9, Area Cone]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +5 [DC15] Parry +7 [DC17]
Toughness +19 (+10 Impervious), Fortitude +16, Will +4

COMPLICATIONS:
Conflicted: While Non is very loyal to Zod, he sometimes finds his more gentle nature fighting against his orders
Mental Instability: Due to his lobotomy, Non sometimes suffer radical moods swings and can have trouble processing information
Power Loss: Non loses his powers and his Str and Sta are reduced to 5 under a red sun, like that of Krypton, and other effects draining or interfering with the energies of the yellow sun can deprive him of his powers
Relationships: He is loyal to General Zod, Ursa and their son, Lor-Zod (Chris Kent), Vulnerable: Non is as vulnerable to magic as anyone else. His Toughness is not Impervious against magical attacks and he loses his ranks of Protection
Weakness: Kryptonite...Its radiation saps the Strength and powers of Kryptonians, leaving them impaired, disabled, and eventually debilitated in terms of Strength and power effects. Long-term exposure (usually a matter of minutes, less for a large enough amount) imposes the dying condition and may lead to death

Abilities 72 + Skills 10 (20 ranks) + Advantages 5 + Powers 113 + Defenses 10 = 210 / 210

Build Comments: Non is a brute that is stronger than Superman and tougher, but not nearly as capable in combat or strategy. But, he can lay a hurting on Superman and keep him away from Zod for a good while, allowing whatever plan he has cooked up to come to fruition.

Secret Origins: Non was one of General Zod’s best soldiers, a huge man with great natural fighting instincts and power. However, during a routine training exercise, a large beam broke loose and Non was struck in the head by it while pushing another cadet out of the way. He suffered serious head trauma and despite the best Kryptonian medical care, from that time forward he had severe mental retardation. Zod took pity on him and kept him as part of his inner circle and Non repaid Zod’s loyalty with his own.

The Story so Far: Non traveled with Zod to Earth and has battled Superman many times. He is currently in the Phantom Zone with Zod, Ursa and other Kryptonian criminals.

Characterization: Non has severe mental retardation due to his accident. He can barely speak and pretty much just does with Zod and Ursa (and Chris Kent) tell him.

Friends and Foes: He is extremely loyal to Zod and Ursa, more Zod but he is also very loyal to Lor-Zod, Chris Kent. This has caused him great internal conflict, but more often than not, he has helped Chris when he needed it, which has gotten him in great trouble with Zod.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:49 am

Our last item from our Metropolis store (for now) is another new item for our Villains Line!

The killing. That's my favorite part. Zod -- strong, sure, brilliant Zod -- doesn't understand that. He finds victory in planning, in preparation, in the discovery of every little detail. He calls that strategy. He calls that tactics. There's a better word for it. Anticipation. And that's why he is the general... and I am the weapon. - Ursa

URSA
PL: 14 (272 pts) - OPL: 14 ; DPL: 14

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 16, STAMINA 12, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 5 (+9), Athletics 2 (+18), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+12), Deception 10 (+11/+13) [Attractive], Expertise [Kryptonian Lore] 8 (+9), Insight 4 (+7), Intimidation 7 (+8), Perception 4 (+7), Persuasion 4 (+5/+7) [Attractive], Ranged Combat [Guns] 2 (+11), Stealth 7 (+11), Technology 4 (+5), Vehicles 3 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Accurate Attack, Attractive (1), Diehard, Great Endurance, Improved Initiative (5), Languages (1) (English, 1 other, Base: Kryptonian), Move-by Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (5), Takedown (1), Teamwork

POWERS:
More Powerful Than a Locomotive: Enhanced Strength 6 (100,000 Tons; Flaw: Limited to Lifting); 6 pts
Invulnerability: Protection 3, Impervious Toughness 7, Enhanced Advantages 2 (Diehard, Great Endurance), Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support), Regeneration 3 (1/every 3 rounds; Extra: Persistent, Flaw: Limited [Requires exposure to yellow sunlight]); 32 pts
Faster Than a Speeding Bullet: 31 pt Dynamic Array; 35 pts
Able to Leap Tall Buildings: Flight 15 (64,000 mph/125 mpr; Extra: Dynamic); 31 pts
Super Speed: Speed 15 (64,000 mph/125 mpr), Quickness 8, Enhanced Advantages 5 (Improved Initiative 5), (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts

Powers Far Beyond Those of Mortal Men: 26 pt Array; 29 pts
Heat Vision: Ranged Heat Damage 13; 26 pts
Super-Breath: Cone Area Move Object 8 (Air; Extra: Cone Area [60 ft cone], Flaw: Range [Close], Limited Direction [towards or away]); 1 pt
Freezing Breath: Cone Area Cumulative Affliction 8 (Ice; Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Hindered, 2nd: Immobilized, 3rd: Paralyzed; Extra: Area Cone [60 ft cone]); 1 pt
Super Senses: Senses 19 (Normal Hearing [Acute and Extended 2], Normal Vision [Extended 3], Infravision [Extended], Microscopic Vision 4 [Atomic], Ultra-Hearing [Extended], Vision Penetrates Concealment [Extended, Flaw: Cannot see through lead]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8 (+28 with Super Speed)
Close Attack +10
Unarmed +12 [Unarmed +16]
Ranged Attack +9 [Heat Vision +13]
Guns +11
Special Attack [Super Breath Move Object +8, Cone Area; Freezing Breath Affliction +8, Cone Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +13 [DC23] Parry +13 [DC23]
Toughness +15 (+7 Impervious), Fortitude +14, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Patriotism: She is loyal to Krypton and it’s people
Power Loss: Ursa loses her powers and her Str and Sta are reduced to 2 under a red sun, like that of Krypton, and other effects draining or interfering with the energies of the yellow sun can deprive her of her powers
Relationships: Ursa, in her strange way, does love her son, Lor-Zod (Chris Kent) and her longtime lover, General Zod, but sometimes she has…interesting ways of showing it
Vulnerable: Ursa is as vulnerable to magic as anyone else. Her Toughness is not Impervious against magical attacks and he loses her ranks of Protection

Abilities 102 + Skills 31 (62 ranks) + Advantages 12 + Powers 106 + Defenses 21 = 272 / 272

Build Comments: I built Ursa to be the quick, martial artist type fighter of the trio. She’s not as powerful as the others, or even Kara, but she is the best natural fighter of the 3.

Secret Origins: Ursa was a proud young commander, leading the elite Black Zero unit. When the Kryptonian Science Council discovered that two of their most revered scientists, Jor-El and Non, had determined that in a short matter of time, Krypton would suffer geothermic upheavel that would destroy the entire planet, they branded the two as heretics sent General Zod and his militants to Jor-El's laboratory to arrest he and Non. Ursa was in charge of placing the two scientists under arrest and handing them over to the council. The Science Council administered a stern warning to them, and set them free.

The Story so Far: Ursa, Non and Zod remained in the Phantom Zone for many years. During this time, Zod and she mated and produced a son, Lor-Zod. Their child eventually escaped from the Phantom Zone and arrived on the planet Earth. He came under the care of the last surviving Kryptonian, the Son of Jor-El, Superman. Once Zod and his cohorts were able to escape the Phantom Zone, they came after Lor-Zod, but were defeated by Superman, Supergirl, Power Girl, Superboy and Krypto and Lor-Zod chose to stay with them and is now known as Chris Kent.

Characterization: Ursa is a ruthless warrior and killer. She is loyal to Zod and sees Non as more of a pet than anything, but has little maternal instinct, threatening Chris’ life at least twice to further Zod’s ends.

Friends and Foes: Zod and Non are her allies, and she shares Zod’s rivalry with Superman. She also now has a great hatred for Lois since she feels she has usurped her role as mother to Chris.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: J-Mart: Captain Nazi, KNEEL...

Postby kenmadragon » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:20 am

*feels knees give out under him and crash to the ground, head bowed*
"Where the heck is Randall, and why is he not kneeling?!?"

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:22 pm

We've got another J-Mart Favorite item for Aisle 1!

Queen Hippolyta: Bring my daughter back to me.
Shayera Hol: Nothing to worry about. She's almost as good at kicking butt as I am.

HAWKGIRL (SHAYERA HOL)
PL: 12 (182 pts) - OPL: 12 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 5, STAMINA 5, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics 3 (+9/+13), Athletics 6 (+11), Deception (+3), Expertise [Military] 10 (+12), Insight 3 (+7) [Combat Clarity, Intimidation 5 (+8), Perception 4 (+8), Persuasion (+3), Stealth 4 (+10), Technology 3 (+5), Vehicles 4 (+9)

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, All-Out Attack, Close Attack (2), Combat Clarity* (1), Defensive Roll (3), Evasion, Favored Environment (Flying), Improved Defense, Languages (1) (English, 1 other, Base: Thanagarian), Leadership, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (5), Takedown (1), Tracking

POWERS:
Thanagarian Physiology: Feature 1 (Longevity), Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds), Senses 2 (Normal Vision [Extended], Normal Hearing [Extended]), Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation [High Altitude]), Flight 6 (125 mph/1800 fpr, Flaw: Wings); 13 pts
Aerial Mastery: Enhanced Skills 2 (Acrobatics 4 ranks, Flaw: Limited to when Flying), Enhanced Advantages 3 (Agile Feint, Evasion, Improved Defense, Flaw: Limited to when flying); 3 pts
Thanagarian Mace: 46 pts Traits, Easily Removable (-18 pts); 28 pts
Light: Environment 1 (Light, 30 ft radius); 2 pts
Mace Array: 42 pt Array; 43 pts
Mace Bash: Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 7 (Extra: Dangerous, Linked [Nullify], Penetrating 10), Nullify Magic 12 (Extra: Broad, Simultaneous, Linked [Damage], Flaw: Range [Close]); 42 pts
Deflection: Deflect 12 (Extra: Linked [Nullify], Flaw: Range [Close]), Nullify Magic 12 (Extra: Broad, Simultaneous, Linked [Damage], Flaw: Range [Close]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +12 [Unarmed +5; Mace Bash +12]
Ranged Attack +10

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +8 (+5 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +10, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Shadow Thief.
Guilt: Over her role in the Thanagarian invasion as she betrayed both her homeworld and The Earth.
Motivation: Proving herself to be something more than a destroyer.
Relationships: She is close to her brother, Katar Hol (Carter Hall, Hawkman) and still has feelings for John Stewart.
Rivalry: There are a few heroes that haven't forgiven her for the Thanagarian invasion thing, Jenny Sparks and Wonder Woman being two, and she is jealous of Katma Tui, and vice versa because of their mutual interest in John.

Abilities 80 + Skills 21 (42 ranks) + Advantages 18 + Powers 44 + Defenses 19 = 182 / 182

Build Comments: When it came time to whip up the Hawkpeople for the Superior Thorpacoverse, there was really only way to go. I do like Hawkman a lot but his background in the DCU has been convoluted to the say the least and by association, the same has been the case for the Hawkgirl/Hawkwomen of the DCU and kinda the Thanagarians. There has only been one really good workup of them in my opinion and that’s the DCAU version so that’s the basis here.

Like most people, I didn’t really like Shayera much at first in Justice League but when they unveiled the Thanagarian invastion arc, it all turned around. Then when she lost the Hawk mask, look out. Her visual design was wonderful. And she kicked ass in Justice League Unlimited so that’s the Shayera we get here.

In the series, her mace was shown to do Green Lantern or Superman type of damage all the time but disrupt magic because of it being Nth metal. A +12 damage with a Power Attack potential is nothing to sneeze at, but she’s not the crazy Mary Sue that she was in the series at times.

Secret Origins: Shayera Hol and her brother, Katar Hol, were lieutenants in the Thanagarian army. Shayera was an instructor in espionage on the planet Thanagar, engaged to be married to Thangarian Commander Hro Talak. Katar one of their greatest and most decorated soldiers was unfortunately missing in action in the early stages of their war with the Gordanians. This affected Shayera deeply as the siblings were very close.

Shayera decided to accept the assignment to be sent in advance of the Thanagarian invasion of Earth as a scout to determine Earth’s weaknesses should Thanagar's enemies, the Gordanians, attack. Her cover story was that she was tracking criminals to their fortress when she was unexpectedly teleported to Earth.

The Story so Far: Shayera eventually established herself on Earth and became known to the populace as Hawkgirl. After assisting the Justice League against one of Darkseid’s invasion attempts, she was inducted into the League. Hawkgirl would participate in the various missions with the Justice League.

During one such mission, after tracking Solomon Grundy and Aquaman to Dr. Fate, she discovered Fate's connection to Thanagar. Along with Superman and Wonder Woman, Hawkgirl discovered that Ichthultu, once worshiped on Thanagar as a god, had come to Earth. Fate, Superman, Wonder Woman, Grundy and Hawkgirl traveled to Ichthultu's world. Here, Hawkgirl developed an unlikely friendship with Grundy. The friendship would be short-lived, however. After Solomon Grundy successfully entered Ichthultu's bowels and killed a monster inside, he was rendered immobilized. Hawkgirl followed him and finished Grundy's job for him, killing Ichthultu with a strike from her magic-disrupting mace. Solomon Grundy died in her arms shortly afterwards.

During her time with the League, Hawkgirl developed a deep relationship with fellow member John Stewart, despite their constant bickering. During Joker's bomb threat on Las Vegas, John rescued Hawkgirl and sacrificed himself in an explosion. His power ring's aura protected him, but the shock stopped his heart. With her mace, Hawkgirl restarted it and brought him back to the Watchtower against Batman's orders. After giving John proper medical treatment, she agreed to stay with him overnight on the Watchtower to make sure he recuperated. John woke up and the two discussed their relationship. Hawkgirl was against it going any further, though John eventually brought her round to the idea.

After a Gordanian vessel was shot down by the Thanagarians over Washington D.C., Hawkgirl's mission on Earth was complete. She had sent all of the data she had collected on Earth and the Justice League to the Thanagarians. It was determined that Earth would not be safe from a Gordanian attack and so construction began on a force field generator to protect the Earth, overseen by Thanagarian Paran Dul. Hawkgirl was then revealed to the entire planet as a spy. To make matters worse, especially for John Stewart, she revealed that she was engaged to the Thanagarians' commander, Hro Talak. These revelations created a rift between her and her teammates and caused significant damage to her relationship with John Stewart. Hawkgirl was firm in her duty to Thanagar and believed that the Thanagarians were acting in Earth's best interests.

When the Justice League resisted the occupation of Earth, she chose duty to her homeworld over loyalty to her League mates. The League was captured using Shayera's report of their weaknesses against them. When only John Stewart remained standing, Shayera chose duty over love, and rendered John unconscious with her mace as he was trying to appeal to her emotions.
Within days of the League's escape, Shayera discovered the Thanagarians' true intentions. The device they were building was not a force field generator, but a Hyperspace Bypass Generator. The generator would create a wormhole in hyperspace, allowing the Thangarian armada to jump behind the Gordanians' defenses and attack their homeworld directly. This would destroy the Earth and everyone on it. Shayera stole this information and handed it directly to Bruce Wayne. She then returned John Stewart's power ring. Her betrayal was quickly discovered by Hro Talak's right-hand man, Kragger, and she was imprisoned. Talak then realized that Shayera was not in love with him but with John.

Shayera was offered the chance to be released and pardoned for her treason, if she admitted that she did not love John. Shayera refused. Commenting that if he truly loved her, then he'd spare the Earth. During Shayera's imprisonment, the League made their assault on the armada and their captured Watchtower. When Wonder Woman infiltrated the vessel, she bitterly released Shayera. Shayera picked up a Thanagarian warriors discarded mace and flew off to confront Hro Talak. Shayera found Talak in the control room for the Bypass Generator's force field as he was about to kill John. Shayera successfully stopped his assault and turned his aggression on her. Shayera lost the fight and was pinned to a wall by Talak's energy axe. After Shayera begged him to spare the Earth, he simply slammed the back of the energy axe into her, giving her an almost deadly shock and then discarded her by throwing her across the room. John Stewart then resumed the fight with Talak. After defeating Talak, Stewart was too injured to operate the lever to deactivate the force field. Shayera had awoken and assisted him, placing her hands over his and helping to pull the lever down and thus enabling the destruction of the Bypass Generator.
With the generator's destruction, the Thangarians left Earth. However, Shayera's status in the Justice League had been called to question. The other six members of the League discussed and voted inside Wayne Manor. Shayera was called in, but she never gave them a chance to tell her the conclusion they had come to—she voluntarily resigned from the League. Before leaving, however, she told John that she loved him and never lied about that. It is unknown if she heard his words to her: I love you too...

Shayera had nowhere to go. She did say, however, that she'd go to a place where there were no secrets and no lies. She eventually found refuge with the mysterious Dr. Fate and his wife, Inza. During her time with them, she'd have a chance to contemplate her choices. However, weeks turned to months and she still could not recuperate from the invasion. It wasn't until Solomon Grundy had been raised from the dead by a dark magical ritual gone wrong that she'd take up her mace again. Supercharged by dark chaos magic, Solomon Grundy went on a rampage and proved to be unstoppable, even against the combined might of John Stewart, Vixen, Superman, Aquaman and Dr. Fate. Shayera's mace was the only object on Earth capable of stopping the monster due to Nth metal's magic-disrupting properties. Regrettably, she was forced to euthanize Grundy in the sewers so that the creature would know peace at last.

When emerging from below, Shayera was confronted by a group of news reporters. One of the questions that was raised was her dismissal from the League. John Stewart revealed that she was never dismissed from the League, which was news to Shayera herself. John told Shayera that he excused himself from the vote due to his personal feelings for her, resulting in a 3-2 vote in favor of retaining her League membership. Superman admitted that he cast the tie-breaking vote despite his distrust after the invasion because he still believes in Shayera.

Shayera did return to the Justice League and was welcomed back to the League. Although Shayera returned to her life as a superhero, she never again wore her old Hawkgirl outfit and headdress and insisted on being addressed as "Shayera", not "Hawkgirl". As for her relationship with John Stewart, it was not rekindled immediately. During her time away from the League, Stewart had started seeing new Justice League member, Vixen.

Not only was there conflict with Vixen over John Stewart but with Batman and, particularly, Wonder Woman. Wonder Woman reluctantly let Shayera join the team again however would hold a grudge against Shayera until she was forced to take Shayera along to Themyscira and Tartarus due to Felix Faust's return and his usurping of Hades' throne. During this mission, Shayera and Wonder Woman settled their differences once and for all.

However, Shayera still met conflict with Vixen. Once, they, along with Vigilante, were assigned to a rescue mission on a distant moon where alien miners were having problems due to the supposed high levels of unstable Nth metal. However, it turned out to be a trap set by Paran Dul, who was leading a group of Thanagarians soldiers including the now mentally disabled Kragger. During their confrontation on the moon, Paran revealed that Shayera's betrayal had led to Thanagar's defeat by the Gordanians and that Hro Talak had been killed while fighting back. A distressed Shayera was tempted to turn herself in and let them pass judgment on her, but Vixen and Vigilante refused to let her go. Shayera even offered to surrender in exchange for Vixen who had been captured by the Thanagarians but then fought back when they almost killed Vixen by dropping her from mid-air. The Thanagarians were defeated and the three League members stole a Thanagarian Scout Ship and returned to the Watchtower. Upon their arrival, John Stewart rushed over to both Vixen and Shayera, but they walked straight past, implying that they were going to settle their dispute over him. Stewart feared the worse, but the meeting actually went peacefully over drinks during which the two women discussed his quirks and habits. Shayera did reveal that she still loved him while Vixen revealed that he still loved Shayera and that she just wanted to see things through until the end. Vixen ended her relationship with John shortly thereafter, tiring of their friendly rivalry of him. Shayera and Mari have been good friends ever since.

Throughout everything, Shayera sorely missed her brother and his status as missing in action ate at her. With the help of The Question and John Stewart, she finally was able to locate Katar, who surprisingly had been on Earth all along. He had been brainwashed by a secret group within the Thanagarian army as a “sleeper cell” agent, but had never been awakened. He had lived the past few years as Carter Hall, archeologist, with no memories of his life on Thanagar. With Shayera and Martian Manhunter’s help, he regained his memories and took up the superheroic mantle of Hawkman.

Shayera remains with the League and also adventures with her brother from time to time.

Characterization: Shayera is a proud and aggressive warrior who never backs down from a fight and has natural leadership skills. As a former member of the Thanagarian military, she had extensive training in tactics, military science, and personal combat skills. Additionally, her focus in espionage could make her a difficult opponent to track, and provides her teammates with an advantage when tracking villains.

Despite her short fuse and often brutal M.O., Hawkgirl has a keen mind, as she regularly defeated Batman at chess.

Friends and Foes: She is close to her brother Katar. She also still has feelings for John Stewart, although he has returned to his resurrected wife, Green Lantern Katma Tui. She is good friends with Vixen and former Flash, Wally West.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Postby Gazman » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:05 pm

Hey, Thorp. Those are some crazy bad-ass Kryptonians you got there. But I guess you need them for all the paragon type heroes running (flying?) around the Thorpacoverse.

I love your take on Hawkgirl as well, and not just because it looks almost exactly like my 2e build for her also based off of JLU.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: #170

Postby Thorpacolypse » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:18 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:And now, one our favorite items for our IT'LL BE A COLD DAY IN... line!

Ice, Ice, ba...

Please, boss...not again...

I can't help it, Randal! It's the anthem of my generation!

I...can't argue with that. Proceed with the hackdom...

Thank you! Ahem...

ICE, ICE, BABY!!!

ICEMAN
PL: 10 (227 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1 [4], STAMINA 2, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics 4 (+8), Athletics 2 (+6), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+8), Deception 7 (+10) [Taunt], Expertise [Art] 3 (+5), Expertise [Accounting] 5 (+7), Expertise [Popular Culture] 3 (+5), Insight (+2), Intimidation (+3), Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion (+3), Ranged Combat [Ice Control] 4 (+7), Stealth (+4), Technology 2 (+4), Vehicles 4 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Accurate Attack, Languages (1) (Spanish, 1 other, Base: English), Taunt, Teamwork

POWERS:
Human Fridge: Feature 1 (You can generate sufficient cold to perfectly chill food and beverages by touch or keep cold items cold so long as you are touching them); 1 pt
Insta-Chill: Feature 1 (You can cool small, hot items instantly by touch, turning boiling water into ice water, for example, or making hot food cold); 1 pt
Cold Shoulder: Feature 1 (You can generate a small drop in temperature, enough to give people “chills” in your immediate area, good for a circumstance bonus for some interactions); 1 pt
Iceman Physique: Senses 1 (Infravision), Movement 2 (Sure Footed, Trackless, Flaw: Limited [Ice/Snow conditions only], Regeneration 5 (Flaw: Source [Water]), Immunity 10 (Cold effects); 17 pts
Iceman Form: Protection 6, Enhanced Strength 3; 12 pts
Ice Slides: Flight 5 (60 mph, Flaw: Platform), Enhanced Advantages 1 (Move-by-Action); 6 pts
Ice Control: 84 pt Dynamic Array; 98 pts
Ice Duplicates: Summon 9 (135 pt minions [Bobby's minus Ice Slides and Ice Control Array], Extra: Controlled, Dynamic, Horde, Mental Link, Multiple Minions 3 [8 minions]); 83 pts
Ice Blast: Ranged Damage 13 (Extra: Dynamic, Split); 2 pts
Ice Snare: Ranged Affliction 9 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Damage; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized; Extra: Cumulative, Dynamic, Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited to two Degrees); 2 pts
Ice Objects: Create 9 (Ice Objects; Extra: Continuous, Dynamic, Innate, Quirk: [Objects melt over time in appropriate conditions]); 2 pts
Ice Storms: Environment 4 (250 ft; Cold 2 [Extreme Cold], Impede Movement 2 [-2 ranks movement], Visibility 2 [-5 to Perception], Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Ice Barrage: Ranged Damage 9 (Extra: Dynamic, Multiattack); 2 pts
Flash Freeze: Ranged Weaken Toughness 13 (Extra: Dynamic, Flaw: Affects Only Objects); 2 pts
Ice Slick: Ranged Burst Area Affliction 9 (Ice; Resisted and Overcome by Dodge; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Prone, Extra: Alternate Resistance, Dynamic, Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited Degree); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +4
Close Attack +5
Unarmed +8 [Unarmed +1; Iceman Form Unarmed +4]
Ranged Attack +3
Ice Control +7 [Ice Blast +13; Ice Barrage +9, Multiattack; Ice Snare Affliction +9; Ice Objects +9]
Special Attack [Ice Slick Affliction +9, Ranged Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +2 (+8 in Ice Form), Fortitude +7, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Inferiority Complex: Bobby has confidence issues that can limit his ability to use his powers to their fullest extent
Prejudice: Mutant
Relationships: He is close with his original X-Men teammates
Vulnerable: Iceman takes an extra degree of failure against fire/heat based effects

Abilities 44 + Skills 20 (40 ranks) + Advantages 4 + Powers 136 + Defenses 23 = 227 / 227

Build Comments: Bobby is probably the least interesting of the original X-Men to me. I mean, I like him and I’ve always loved his power set, but I think of all of them he’s had the least character development over his 40+ years of existence in the Marvel U. But be that as a it may, man he does have a wicked power set, full of useful abilities and a ton of power stunting options. And this is a scared down version, IMHO. When he really cuts loose, he’s a more of a PL12, but the writers usually keep him pretty much in check, despite his Omega Level Mutant status. As such, he came out to be a balanced PL10.

As I continue to work through my minor motivational slump, I plan on hitting the X-Verse hard soon, so look for more of Bobby's friends (and enemies) soon.

Secret Origins: Robert Louis Drake was born in Floral Park, Long Island, New York to William Robert Drake and Madeline Beatrice Bass-Drake. Bobby is Jewish on his mother's side and Irish Catholic on his father's. Bobby first discovered his mutant abilities at a young age when he found himself unable to stop feeling cold and shivering. A school bully named Rocky Beasely convinced his gang to attack Bobby and Judy Harmon, his girlfriend at the time. Bobby panicked and encased Rocky in ice, saving Judy, but revealing his abilities to his peers. Believing Bobby to be a dangerous mutant, the people of his town, Fort Washington, organized a lynch mob. The mob broke into the Drake household and overpowered them. The local sheriff noticed that things were getting out of hand and took Bobby into custody for his own protection. The story made its way to Professor Charles Xavier, founder of the X-Men.

Xavier sent Scott Summers, Cyclops, to recruit Bobby. After Bobby turned him down the two mutants got into a brief scuffle before the mob caught up with them. The mob was stringing Scott and Bobby up to be hanged when Professor X used his telepathic abilities to erase their memories. Grateful for saving his life and yearning to be like Scott, Bobby enrolled in Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters and become the second member of the X-Men. There, the X-Men were tutored by Professor X and trained in the use of their powers in the Danger Room. As 'Iceman' Bobby learned to control his abilities in order to protect a world that feared and hated him for being different alongside Cyclops, Angel, Beast, and Marvel Girl.

Iceman quickly befriended Beast, however, he remained self-conscious regarding the fact that he was the youngest member of the group. Iceman's lighthearted approach to disaster marked him as the comedian of the group, and eased tension among his teammates. Bobby's rudimentary control of his abilities caused his appearance to be snowman-like at first, rather than the almost transparent ice version of his later years. Alongside the X-Men, he battled many foes including Magneto and the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. In time Bobby learned to cover himself in ice instead of his original snow man appearance.

The Story so Far: Bobby was among the original X-Men captured by Krakoa, which led to the formation of a new incarnation of X-Men. Bobby decided not to remain the second generation of the team and left along with all of the original members except for Cyclops.

Bobby went-off to college at UCLA, where he eventually earned his CPA accreditation. Bobby and Warren Worthington III were attacked by harpies who were trying to locate Venus. The two young heroes were joined by Ghost Rider, Black Widow, and Hercules. After defeating Pluto, they decided to stick together as a team, the self-styled "Champions of Los Angeles". Bobby worked with the team for a year or so, but noticed that his powers changing and growing, which caused him great anxiety.

After the team disbanded, Bobby learned that he didn't need to fear the evolution of his abilities and returned to the X-Men to explore his untapped potential to the fullest. It was during this time that Bobby suffered a chest injury from Black Tom that triggered his Secondary Mutation, slowly encasing his body in ice and preventing him from reverting into his human form. During a mission to rescue Nightcrawler, Iceman's entire body was shattered in his ice-form, leaving only his head. Bobby later reformed himself using the moisture from the body of an enemy. These changes caused him to become bitter towards everyone, but with Beast’s and Kitty Pryde’s friendship, he became his old self in short order.

After the disagreement between Cyclops and Wolverine over the direction of mutant race, Wolverine decided to relocate the majority of the students back to the Xavier grounds and Bobby was the first person he asked to help him. Bobby agreed and the two began to recruit staff members for the "Jean Grey School for Higher Learning". Bobby served as the school's bookkeeper for a while, but has passed that duty on to Doop. He did so because Scott Summers asked him to join the Justice League with him, along with Beast as he knew they would be there to keep him on track and call him out if they felt he was making decisions that were not in the best interest of the team or the mutant race.

Characterization: Bobby is a Certified Practicing Accountant, a skilled ice skater, and can speak Spanish fluently. His lighthearted nature is a source of great comfort to the team at times, and a source of frustration at others, especially to Cyclops and Wolverine who feel he doesn’t take his role as a hero seriously enough. They also think it’s why he doesn’t always use his Omega-level powers to their fullest extent.

Friends and Foes: Bobby’s best friends are the original X-Men, especially Beast and Angel. He is good friends with The Human Torch and occasionally teams up with Spider-Man and Firestar for adventures outside of The X-Men.

Clean Up 4/4/13: As I start a review of and additions to my X-Verse builds, I made some updates to Bobby since he's a build I really want to test.

Clean Up 8/30/13: Big updates to Bobby based on his recent ability to summon a bunch of Iceman Dupes to help out in combat. Right now, I just left them as non ice-slinging versions of him, but I may make them more combat capable since that's what they seem to focus on.

Lots of updates to Iceman for the Superior Thorpacoverse. Had to add his Dupe summoning which really increased his cost. I thought about leaving it as a power stunt, but he's been using it a LOT lately so it goes into the build
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:20 pm

Gazman wrote:Hey, Thorp. Those are some crazy bad-ass Kryptonians you got there. But I guess you need them for all the paragon type heroes running (flying?) around the Thorpacoverse.

I love your take on Hawkgirl as well, and not just because it looks almost exactly like my 2e build for her also based off of JLU.

Thanks, Gaz! I was really surprised they hand-waved Ursa and Non in the DCA books so I knew I had to get them up myself. I like how they came out, although I am waffling on my Kryptonian speed mechanic now. I was trying to keep my paragon's speeds lower overall, but I feel power creep infecting me again. :shock:
Shop J-Mart!

Narsil
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Narsil » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:50 am

Thorpacolypse wrote:Ice, Ice, ba...

Thank you! Ahem...

ICE, ICE, BABY!!!

My hatred for that song cannot be expressed in words... only incorehent sounds of pure rage.
Narsil 2e
Narsil 3e

'Oil, an emergency? About time the people who run this planet of yours realize that to be dependent upon a mineral slime just doesn't make sense.'
-The Fourth Doctor, Terror of the Zygons

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:38 am

Narsil wrote:
Thorpacolypse wrote:Ice, Ice, ba...

Thank you! Ahem...

ICE, ICE, BABY!!!

My hatred for that song cannot be expressed in words... only incorehent sounds of pure rage.

Aw come up, Narsil, stop...

...collaborate and listen! Ice is back with my brand new invention! Something grabs ahold of me tightly, flows like a harpoon daily and nightly! :D

(How the hell does a harpoon "flow"?)

It is a god awful song but as I have aged and mellowed, I find I hate it less and find the humor in the massive success it had.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:41 am

We've got another item that's a WILD AT HEART SPECIAL!

Quantum metal booty giggity!

VOID
PL: 12 (226 pts) - OPL: 12 ; DPL: 12

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT 5, AWARENESS 8, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Athletics (+1), Deception (+1), Expertise [Astronaut] 2 (+7), Expertise [Physical Sciences] 7 (+12), Insight 5 (+13), Intimidation (+1), Perception 2 (+10), Persuasion (+1), Stealth (+3), Vehicles 4 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Beginner's Luck, Diehard, Languages (1) (English, 1 other, Base: Russian), Teamwork

POWERS:
Quantum Metal Shell: Protection 4; 4 pts
Quantum Being: Immunity 13 (Aging, Critical Hits, Life Support); 13 pts
Flight: Flight 7 (250 mph/1/2 mpr); 14 pts
Chronal Anchor: Features 2 (Chronal Memory, Chronal Bulwark), Senses 13 (Detect Life [Mental; Ranged, Radius, Extended], Postcognition, Precognition, Time Sense); 15 pts
Quantum Control Array: 81 pt Array; 87 pts
Teleportation: Burst Area Teleport 15 (120 miles/32,000 miles; Extra: Accurate, Burst Area [30 ft radius], Attack [Resisted by Dodge], Extended, Increased Mass 6 [3200 lbs]); 81 pts
Quantum Blast: Perception Ranged Quantum Energy Damage 12 (Extra: Perception Range); 1 pt
Quantum Burst: Burst Area Quantum Energy Damage 12 (Extra: Burst Area 2 [60 ft radius], Flaw: Tiring); 1 pt
Telepathy: Mind Reading 10, Communication 3 (Mental, Statewide/Small Nation); 1 pt
Telekinesis: Perception Ranged Move Object 12 (Extra: Perception Range); 1 pt
Quantum Force Field: Protection 8, Impervious 6 (Extra: Affects Others, Increased Mass 6 [3200 lbs]); 1 pt
ESP: Remote Sensing 13 (30 miles; Visual, Auditory, Mental]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +4 [Unarmed +1]
Ranged Attack +3
Special Attack [Telekinesis Move Object +12, Perception; Quantum Blast +12, Perception]; Quantum Burst +12, Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +6 (+14 with Force Field, +6 Impervious with Force Field), Fortitude +8, Will +14

COMPLICATIONS:
Destiny's Pawn: She is often times driven to do things that her teammates don't understand due to her connected to the Orbs and her destiny in preventing cataclysmic events.
Enemy: Providence, The Daemonites.
Woman out of Time: Her time and dimensional jumping can cause her to be confused about the current situation at time and she can be disoriented shortly after chronal movement.
Obsession: Preserving the cosmic balance and finding and protecting the Orbs.
Plot Device: In certain situations, her power can reach cosmic levels, giving her enough power to alter reality on a massive scale or provide energy to restart a universe.
Power Loss: She can change back into her host form of Adrianna Tereshkova and if so, she loses her powers and her stats drop to AWR 2, PRE 2.
Relationships: She is close to Spartan.

Abilities 54 + Skills 10 (20 ranks) + Advantages 4 + Powers 133 + Defenses 25 = 226 / 226

Build Comments: Void was a key members of the WildCATS team back in the day because of her teleportation abilities and her Precognition. She was your standard cryptic, aloof girl that a lot of guys couldn’t resist.

Secret Origins: Adrianna Tereshkova was born in Arkhangelsk, Russia. Adrianna and her sister Svetlana were raised by their father after the death of their mother. Her father loved Adrianna and her ambition to become a cosmonaut and encouraged her with legends of the Archangel after whom the village was named. In their tales, the Archangel was a creature made of silver who would take chosen ones to the stars. When Adrianna was sixteen, her sister died in a car accident. Adrianna never went to the funeral, but found comfort with a musician. Her father disapproved and one year after Svetlana's death, he drunkenly confronted her. Ashamed, Adrianna dedicated herself to becoming a cosmonaut again.

Adrianna achieved the rank of major and was sent into outer space 3 months after her father died of heart failure. In space, during extra-vehicular activity, Adrianna saw a sphere made of silver, which collided with their space shuttle, destroying it. A second sphere landed on Earth in Antarctica where it was collected by a covert American government organization.

In the far future, the spheres had been part of Omnia, Mistress of Light. Omnia would lose her final battle against the darkness, but could not be destroyed. Instead, her power was dispersed into many small Orbs of Power. Another of these Orbs was bound to Cassandra Newland, who would turn into the enigmatic 'Providence'. The Orb and Adrianna merged and became Void.

The Story so Far: Void had precognition allowing her to see the future, but her control was imperfect and she could see only fragments. In 10 years ago Void met Jacob Marlowe, a homeless drifter who suffered amnesia. Void informed Jacob about his past as the Kherubim Lord Emp. Over the next two years, Emp would build a financial empire and gathered a group of warriors to form the WildC.A.T.s. Void created them to prevent the Daemonite Helspont from abusing the Orb of Power that the government had found. Before Helspont could use it, a criminal known as the Gnome stole the Orb. He too tried to abuse it, but Emp threw the Orb into a cold fusion reactor. Void revealed that in a previous timeline, the Gnome had killed her, but part of her was able to go back in time and influenced Void to get help before battling the Gnome.

During her time with the WildC.A.T.s, Void came to learn of two other Orbs of power: Providence had become a member of Helspont's Cabal and often came in conflict with the WildC.A.T.s. The other Orb was in the possession of the mad Kherubim Lord Entropy. When Entropy kidnapped Emp and restored his memory, Void sensed the use of the Orb and took the WildC.A.T.s to him. They defeated Entropy and he and the Orb disappeared. Shortly afterwards, Void fought Providence, who had allied with the witch Tapestry. Tapestry betrayed Providence by refusing to hand over the captive Void to her. Tapestry used her magic to merge Providence and Void, enslaving them both. Tapestry was defeated though and Providence and Void returned to normal, though now they could no longer sense each other's presence.

When the WildC.A.T.s faced the alien Crusade, Crusade hit Void, dislodging her face. Her face fell like a mask to the floor and human reporters saw that there was nothing but emptiness behind it. Confronted with her loss of humanity, Void fled. When she returned Savant helped her deal with her loss by talking to the reporters telling them about the sacrifices she made for the human race. Void convinced Lord Emp to return to the WildC.A.T.s and she remained with the team until they disbanded following the apparent death of Zealot.

Void became more and more inhuman over the years; where Void and Adrianna were once one and the same, now their personalities started to diverge. Finally Adrianna had enough; Void's inhumanity was driving her insane. Inside her mind, Adrianna and Void met, and Adrianna asked Void to finally release her soul. Void agreed as she no longer needed a human host. However, this caused the Void presence to go out of control and nearly destroy the Earth, but due to the invention of the Doctor Fate and Justice League members Cyclops, Hawkgirl, Hyperion and Vixen, they were able to convince Adrianna to merge again with Void. Doctor Fate was able to help them achieve a balance and Adrianna was invited to join the Justice League.

Characterization: While Void is a good teammate and has a strong desire to use her powers for good, a downside to her powers is that as Void she can be cold and distant, though she does have emotions. As the Void entity becomes stronger, Adrianna becomes more and more inhuman.

Friends and Foes: She remains close to her original WildCATS teammates and is forging a friendship with Wonder Woman and Hyperion.

Her counterpart, Providence, remains at large and Void remains ever vigilant for her. She also has come into conflict with Helspont and the other Daemonite High Lords who want to claim her power for their own.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:55 am

Check out this new item that's a YOUNG AT HEART SPECIAL!

OK, so HE started out like this...

Then he became...

And I am TOTALLY OK with that!

PHOTON/LADY PHOTON
PL: 10 (158 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 4, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 4 (+7), Athletics 2 (+6), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+8), Deception (+1/+3) [Attractive], Expertise [Cosmic Lore] 6 (+7), Insight (+2), Intimidation (+1), Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion (+1/+3) [Attractive], Ranged Combat [Fire Control] 4 (+7), Stealth (+3), Technology 5 (+6)

ADVANTAGES: Attractive (1), Defensive Roll (2), Favored Environment
(Flying), Languages (1) (English, 1 other, Base: Acurian)

POWERS:
Flickum Bickus: Feature 1 (Creating a tiny flame, like a match, useful for lighting other fires); 1 pt
Human Microwave: Feature 1 (Heating up or cooking food from the inside out like a microwave oven [as opposed to simply charring it from the outside like a cook-fire, which any fire Damage effect may do]); 1 pt
Flaming Head: Feature 1 (Harmless flames that flicker on Acurian's heads, providing a +2 circumstance bonus to Presence-based checks); 1 pt
Fireproof: Immunity 10 (Fire Effects); 10 pts
Fireflight: Flight 9 (1000 mph/2 mpr), Movement 1 (Environment Adaptation [High Altitude]); 20 pts
Star Traveler: Immunity 4 (Vacuum, Cold, Suffocation 2 [No need to breathe]), Movement 2 (Space Travel 2 [Other star systems]); 8 pts
Fire Control: 26 pt Array; 30 pts
Fire Blast: Ranged Fire Damage 13; 26 pts
Fireball: Ranged Burst Area Fire Damage 8 (Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius]); 1 pt
Fireflash: Perception Area Cumulative Affliction 8 (Resisted/Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Visually Impaired, 2nd: Visually Disabled, 3rd: Visually Unaware, Extra: Flaw: Limited [one sense]); 1 pt
Melt: Ranged Weaken Toughness 13 (Flaw: Affects Objects Only [no recovery, must be repaired]); 1 pt
Flame Burst: Burst Area Fire Damage 10 (Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +6
Unarmed +8 [Unarmed +4]
Ranged Attack +3
Fire Control +7 [Flame Blast +13; Melt +13; Fireball +8, Burst Area; ]
Special Attack [Flame Burst +10, Burst Area; Fireflash Affliction +8, Perception]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +6 (+4 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +9, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Alien: His/her Acurian ways are often strange to his Earth associates, and vice versa.
Responsibility: To protect his/her adopted world.

Abilities 48 + Skills 13 (26 ranks) + Advantages 5 + Powers 71 + Defenses 21 = 158 / 158

Build Comments: Photon was one of Youngblood’s flying blasters. I’ve only read a couple of issues with him in it, but he seemed to be the “alien fish out of water” guy on the team.

Secret Origins: Photon is an Acurian sent to Earth to keep an eye on the Daemonites and Helspont in particular.

The Story so Far: Photon was a member of the government sponsored team Youngblood and was with them through several adventures. After the team was disbanded, he returned to Acuria for a year then returned as a woman. He informed his former teammates that all Acurians change sex every 7 years to experience the full range of life.

Upon her return, Lady Photon assisted Superman in a battle against Helspont and joined the Justice League at his request.

Characterization: Photon was a reserved individual as a man, and struggled to fit in on Earth. Since Lady Photon has taken over, she is far more assertive and aggressive and seems to have little problem dealing with life on Earth.

Friends and Foes: Photon/Lady Photon remains close to Badrock, Shaft and Vogue and seems to be quite fond of Superman. Photon has a great enmity for Daemonites, especially Helspont because he stole an Acurian body which has become a great affront to the Acurians.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Return to “Roll Call”