Age of Wonders thread IV

Discuss Freedom City, Paragons, Wild Cards, or your own campaign settings here.
Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Age of Wonders thread IV

Postby Charles Phipps » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:18 pm

Voltron64 wrote:
Charles Phipps wrote:Note: Any resemblance Between El Maestro's armor and Boba Fett's is purely coincidence. Even if it was made by giant nerds.

Ha! :lol:

Seriously though, would stopping El Maestro and revealing his true status as an assassin and mole? within the Trixsters be a major step towards toppling Leone?

(Much as I suspect stopping and revealing Hero-Killer would do the same to PART and The Machine?)

Well as we know, the Trixsters are completely destroyed except for one member.

(Or ARE they?)

viewtopic.php?p=1279932#p1279932

Are Freelancer and Driver former heroes? Or just very similarly powered rivals? Only El Maestro knows for sure!
Last edited by Charles Phipps on Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Voltron64
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Voltron64 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:54 pm

So, anything we should be looking forward to next on thread IV, Charles?
Power doesn't corrupt. Power appeals to the corrupt. - Charles Phipps

Certainly it would be a better world if bigotry were rewarded with a straightjacket and a padded cell more often. - Libra

Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Charles Phipps » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:17 pm

Yep! I've heard rumors Voltron is going to be doing some articles!

(It's a little lonely in this thread -- thanks Phrozen! Thanks NeoCrusader!)

Man, do I miss greycrusader and Libra, though.

Seriously, I do have some ideas perculating. I just wanted to see if anyone wanted to develop the ones here.

Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Neo-Paladin » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:44 pm

Neo-Paladin, not crusader :)

Voltron64
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Voltron64 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:49 pm

Charles Phipps wrote:Yep! I've heard rumors Voltron is going to be doing some articles!

(It's a little lonely in this thread -- thanks Phrozen! Thanks NeoCrusader!)

Man, do I miss greycrusader and Libra, though.

Seriously, I do have some ideas perculating. I just wanted to see if anyone wanted to develop the ones here.

Something tells me greycrusader and Libra will come back, they always do. :wink:

Certainly it would be a better world if bigotry were rewarded with a straightjacket and a padded cell more often. - Libra

Phrozen
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Phrozen » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:03 pm

I got an idea for Baron Dread. I just got to get the right angle.

Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Charles Phipps » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:21 pm

Neo-Paladin wrote:Neo-Paladin, not crusader :)

Sorry, I heard you joined the Mandalorians.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... nKOTOR.jpg

But yes, very distracted when I wrote that.

I am a dummy.

"When is Gemini and bluecrusader coming back?"

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Charles Phipps on Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Phrozen
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Phrozen » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:56 pm

Baron Dread

About two years ago a large Nexus portal opened up above central park and a small castle was almost literally dropped into the middle of central park. The castle itself was worn down and of older construction. Remains of a wooden wall rotted around it, part of the keep had caved in and the gate is in shambles. Thick moss and lichen cover the entire structure. The whole area looks like it hasn't been occupied in centuries. After a investigation, the castle was determined to be not dangerous but structurally unsound. The homeless began using the small castle, really just a keep and wall, as shelter during bad weather.

Soon, stories began to circulate about the castle and its lord, a figure the homeless population dubbed Baron Dread. The homeless said that the castle was bigger then it appeared with many levels below the main floor. They spoke of a ghastly figure that roamed the halls. Clad in rusted and stained armor the Baron patrolled the halls. At first it didn't pay attention to those that took shelter in its castle. Soon, though it seemed to recognize that others were there. The homeless began waking up to the figure standing over them. Some even said it talked to them. Those that weren't scared off by the spectre, soon went missing one by one. They would turn up a few days later with sunken eyes and skin but never leave the castle grounds. New Yorkers soon to began to realize that with every soul the castle took, the larger the grounds around it twisted into a darker and abandoned version of Central park. The trees grew in leaving the area around the castle in shadow even at high noon. A abandoned and burned village has appeared next to the castle.

Those Baron Dread takes eventually turn into the same spectres that the castle's lord is. Though ghostly in appearance they can still harm the living. They use weapons of medieval style that are no less effective then modern weapons. The Baron and his soldiers don't seem to talk as if the people they are fighting or are in front of them are really there. Some recordings that have been set up from around the castle pick up faint ramblings about a battle, a curse, and a treasure.

What really has concerned authorities is that the Baron's soldiers have begun to venture outside of the castle grounds at night to kidnap whomever they come across and bring them back to the castle. Central Park has ceased to be safe after dark. It seems that Baron Dread has decided to claim it as his own. So far the NYPD has just cordoned off the ever growing area around the castle but it remains to be seen how much they can stymie the growth of Baron Dread's lands.
Last edited by Phrozen on Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Charles Phipps » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:09 pm

Oooo, that's kind of cool.

A feudal estate in the middle of nowhere preying on people the majority (especially under Mayor Yage) don't care about.

Nice.

Phrozen
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Phrozen » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:17 pm

Its basically there so your heroes can have a dungeon crawl right in NYC.

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Libra » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:23 am

Hello fellows, just popping in to admit that I haven't dropped off the face of the planet (although work has rather eaten up my free time like a wolverine let loose in a petting zoo), so I haven't had as many opportunities to type things up as I would like.

I'm still very glad to see you keep up the fine work and would be very sorry to see it stop!

Stay well and I'll see if I can't get around to doing something worth-while. :mrgreen:
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Rule Brittania! Praise the Hoff and the Grin!

Warning!: May cause Thread Drift.

Voltron64
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Voltron64 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:25 am

Libra wrote:Hello fellows, just popping in to admit that I haven't dropped off the face of the planet (although work has rather eaten up my free time like a wolverine let loose in a petting zoo), so I haven't had as many opportunities to type things up as I would like.

I'm still very glad to see you keep up the fine work and would be very sorry to see it stop!

Stay well and I'll see if I can't get around to doing something worth-while. :mrgreen:

(What do you even do for a living?) :|

Still, good to see you again Libra.

greycrusader
Superhero
Superhero

Postby greycrusader » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:10 am

Charles Phipps wrote:
Neo-Paladin wrote:Neo-Paladin, not crusader :)

Sorry, I heard you joined the Mandalorians.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... nKOTOR.jpg

But yes, very distracted when I wrote that.

I am a dummy.

"When is Gemini and bluecrusader coming back?"

:mrgreen:

As with our dear British friend, I should be back in the near-future, though I want to make sure I have ideas specific enough for the NYC focus of the thread. I admit my real life experience extends to a couple brief visits to the Big Apple (and-to quote the late Will Rogers-what I have read in the the papers).

I've also been a bit preoccupied lately, so there has been that.

On a glummer note, I'm disappointed and sorry to hear the news about your book, Charles. That has be an extremely frustrating experience, especially with the time and mental effort needed to produce the work. I hope you are shopping the book around to find a new publisher? Also, the success of e-publishing has taken the stigma away from self-published works, so there is that option. Social media means publishing houses no longer have the monopoly on getting out good news about a new book.

All my best.
The Contingent: When all other super teams fail...

Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Charles Phipps » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:17 pm

Thanks, greycrusader.

I'm looking for a Literary Agent for Merciless now and have another submission at Permuted Press (publisher of "John DIes At the End" and "Ex-Heroes").

With any luck, I can market Merciless as an Urban Fantasy WITH SUPERHEROES.

It's great to see both you and Libra live!

I also have some new ideas for the thread to tide us over. Just need to think on a bit.

Voltron64
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Voltron64 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:24 pm

Charles Phipps wrote:Thanks, greycrusader.

I'm looking for a Literary Agent for Merciless now and have another submission at Permuted Press (publisher of "John DIes At the End" and "Ex-Heroes").

With any luck, I can market Merciless as an Urban Fantasy WITH SUPERHEROES.

It's great to see both you and Libra live!

I also have some new ideas for the thread to tide us over. Just need to think on a bit.

Don't keep us waiting too long. :wink:

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Settings”