NEW VINDICATORS #15: Deport (IC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: NEW VINDICATORS #11: Grieve (IC)

Post by Horsenhero » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:31 am

Magnitude
Kasimir Flaegler
HP 1 LP 2

Kas let himself be dragged away by Astrid and once they were somewhat clear of the reporters, he wrapped them both in his gravitic powers. "It'll be quicker if we fly back."

Once in the air he turned to her and smiled. "Thank you for saving me back there. Sometimes I talk too much."

He really had wanted to say something in defense of Viktor and Martin, but what would that be? No, Astrid was correct, it was best to let people judge the good and the bad of his classmates actions for themselves. He had done his best, by actions and words to sell them to the public, but his mother always said; learn when to quit speaking. You can talk yourself out of a sale if you don't know when to shut up.

Of course, she had been speaking about court cases, but the adage applied here. Besides, it had been a long, sweaty day and he needed a shower, especially since the plan to go clubbing was kaput. Carrying Astrid , he flew them home.

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arkrite » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:21 pm

Alex "Current" Murphy
HP: 1 CND: Normal

Lex shrugs, "I'll ask my Mom and see how she's feeling. After everything that's happened... who knows? She might just want to stay here and get her feet back under her."

"If she's okay with it I'll let you know, if not,"
Lex shrugs again, then grins, "Always next time."

"Anyways, I'll go check and I'll let you know right away."

He started making his way down the hall back towards where his parents where staying. He could ask them and...

He paused looking down at his bomber jacket. Under the arms, and along the sleeves the leather was wearing out due to friction. There were cuts and scrapes all over from various run ins with walls, bad guys, vehicles, and the floor. Not to mention the water damage. Or the bullet holes and the blood stains.

He had always intended to give his Dad's jacket back when they'd met up again, but now. It was beat up just as badly as he was. He was embarrassed at the state it was in, but he couldn't bring himself to stop wearing his Dad's jacket when it was the only reminder he had of his family.

How his Mom or Dad hadn't noticed, or said anything about the bullet holes was a stroke of luck but he needed a miracle. He needed...

"Martin!" He called out as he saw the Frenchman, "Dude, I know you're having a hell of a day and this is a bad time but I really need a favor."

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by flynnarrel » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:51 pm

Fluxx

Martin is just turning away from his sister, obviously frustrated and regretful but not at all sad that the conversation was over.

As he sees Lex approach, veritably looming over his half-man form he lengthens his body, stretching it upwards to be his former height. His stick-figure proportions seem a little unnerving until he creates an inert gas in the middle of his mass, expanding it outwards until his original proportions were reached.

"Yes Lex?" he asks in his chipmonk voice until he lengthens his vocal cords.

"What can I do for you?" he says in nearly a normal voice.

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arkrite » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:38 pm

Alex "Current" Murphy

Lex's eyes bug out slightly as mini-Martin suddenly became a full sized Martin. It didn't help that his brain, belatedly added in sound effects for it. He shrugged it off as best he could.

Something that was easier to do thanks to Buddy's size shifting powers, but it was still weird seeing somebody else do it.

"Uh," Lex pauses and pulls off the bomber jacket he's wore nearly nonstop since before he came to the school and looked down at it, "It's my Dad's and... well, you know what's happened to it. I was wondering if there was anything you could do to patch it back up before I gave it back to him."

He gave Martin a hopeful look and mentally crossed his fingers.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by flynnarrel » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:26 pm

Fluxx

Martin takes a step forward to inspect the jacket and stumbles. "Pardon." he says "Ztill adjusting to ze decreased mass. For a while a stiff wind or sudden movement may bowl me over." He rights himself and examines the jacket. The various rips and holes told an interesting story, as did the russet stains, though perhaps not one Lex would want his parents hearing.

"I can clean ze extraneous stains off even turning zem to glyserine-suspended Polydimethylsiloxane, uh... essentially Armor All Leazer Protectant, and many of zese tears can be molecularly fused back togezer cleanly, but some of zese 'oles... I would need sufficient matter to put in zem unless you are okay wiz it pinching in. A scrap of leazer about ze size of a softball would work. Ozer material, ze closer it is to ze consistency and composition of leazer ze better it would likewise suffice. 'Ave you anyzing of such? An old shoe or leazer belt per'aps?"

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arkrite » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:18 am

Alex "Current" Murphy

"Uh..."

Lex looked down at his shoes. He wasn't sure what they were made of, but they were the first pair he hadn't destroyed in a single day of high speed use, so they were off the table. Not that they looked like they had any leather in them anyways.

In his duffle bag he had a handful of clothes he hadn't wrecked, but nothing leather.

"Uh..." He frowned and looked down for a moment, then reached into the pocket on his jacket to fish out an electrical cord he'd pulled out of some appliance.

He pulled off his belt and worked the cord through the belt loops to replace it as his pants weren't going to stay up without something working as a belt. He pulled the snaps open and took the superman belt buckle off before handing Martin the "leather" belt.

"I don't know, that might be leather... All I got beyond that is my own skin," He shrugged again, "Which could work. Not like I couldn't just grow it back, ya know?"

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:36 pm

Greystone:
[Jack Rexroth]
HP: 3
"So, what happened?" she asked.

As Jack offered his account of what happened, Elfriede hung on his every word. "Wow," was all she could say when he finished.

"You know, I never... I envy you.--you and all your classmates. I mean, you guys... The things you can do that I can only dream of doing? But it's not just that. Today you saved people. I mean, there are people out there who wouldn't be alive right now if it weren't for you.

"That's..." She tucked her hair behind her ears as she grinned at the ground. "That's kind of amazing."
Jack put a finger under Elfriede’s chin to lift her eyes up towards his. “Not really. There are the Vindicators, both in America, Japan and here in Europe who do that kind of stuff all the time, plus I’ve heard stories of a few other people who do similar stuff on their own. What’s amazing to me is that despite all the other Neos who use their powers in ways that put people in danger – like that nut with black flames in New York that the Vindicators fought a few months ago, or the Order of Chaos just to name some others, that normal folks like you can still think good things about Neos at all.”
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by flynnarrel » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:12 pm

Fluxx

"'Uman skin would be too flimsy a material." he says matter-of-factly. "Zat rumor about a prison warden's wife using it for decorations and clozing was a rumor."

Martin folds his arms over the jacket and belt and they sink in to his aqueous form. His Vindicator Black flows over it, concealing it from view. His features become indistinct as he concentrates and applies his powers inward.

After a few moments his arms shorten, reaching inward and they pull out the bomber jacket, shiny from the protective oils and vaguely smelling of new car, burns and tears and bullet holes repaired.

He offers it to Lex for inspection.

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arkrite » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:04 pm

Alex "Current" Murphy

"Right, I'll take your word on that," Lex said.

He wasn't overly convinced that Martin couldn't make Lex's skin work. But at the same point in time having his skin flayed off and then regenerating his own flesh was something he was happy enough to avoid.

He took the jacket back with the care and attention most people would reserve for their first born child, and carefully examined it.

"That's... awesome, man, thank you so much!" Lex grins giving Martin an appreciative clap on the shoulder.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by flynnarrel » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:01 am

Fluxx

Martin goes careening into the wall, his shoulder crumpled in somewhat. "OOF!" he exclaims with a release of air.

"Yeah, I've got to get my body back." More surprised than actually in pain.

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arkrite » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:15 am

Alex "Current" Murphy

"Holy @*#%!" Lex yelps running over to Martin's side with a horrified expression, "Sorry, I didn't mean to- I mean- holy @#*$, are you okay?"

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by flynnarrel » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:42 am

Fluxx

"I am fine." he assures his fellow student. "Zis eez an adjustment period for us all." he straightens himself, almost cartoonishly blowing out his shoulder to previous proportions.

"Ah, I do not know if you are aware, but I am going to London to see a psychic that Kirstie's fazer recommends. It should only be for a few days. I believe as Prefect, you should be informed of zese zings."

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arkrite » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:13 am

[quote="Arkrite"]Alex "Current" Murphy

Lex's eyes stay on Martin's newly reformed shoulder for another second or two before returning to the Frenchman's face, "Uh, yeah, I heard. Might be going, not sure yet."

"Since we're sharing it looks like there was some kind of attack on the city today. Not sure what happened, exactly."

Lex runs a hand through his hair, "Part of me thinks I should stay here to keep an eye on things."

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by Michuru81 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:34 am

NVA (Violet; NPCs: Finn)
Finn nodded to himself. "So, uh... are you hungry? Wanna get something to eat or something?"

VIENNA (Kas; NPCs: Astrid)
As they flew, Astrid began to hyperventilate. "Dumm!" she snapped. "Dumm, dumm, dumm, dumm...

<<"There were cameras there, weren't there? Everyone at the school is going to see that. Everyone is going to know... They're going to know, and... I have to leave. I have to leave the school.">>

NVAE: HALL (Lex; NPCs: Roger, Lillian, Stephen)
Lex left Martin to find his family.

VIENNA (Jack; NPCs: Elfriede)
Elfriede hugged his arm and rested her head on his shoulder. "Just shut up and take the compliment," she teased.
Michuru81 wrote:While I realize there's still stuff Kas/Astrid and Lex/Lex's family could do, I'm going to wind the session down. HH, Arkrite: if either of you want to flesh those scenes out, feel free to tackle it. I imagine Kas would try to comfort Astrid and she'd be quiet and brooding; I imagine Lex hands Roger back the jacket and says, "Hey, we were invited to London..." and the Murphy's say, "London! We'd love to go to London and advance the plot! Choo, choo!"

If there's anything else, feel free to add it. Otherwise, I'm going to kick off the next session.
OUBLIETTE - NVAE: IC | OOC

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by Michuru81 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:59 am

NEW VINDICATORS ACADEMY OF EUROPE #12: Sing

Sunday, October 26, 2008

SOMEWHERE OVER GERMANY (Blue Knight, Lex, Martin; NPCs: Agent Arnett, Backlash, Him, Kirstie, Lillian, Mira, Roger, Stephen, Viktor)
The next morning, Martin was informed of several tag-alongs: Mira was necessary, and that Viktor would insist on going with them was expected. Kirstie's father, who was somehow able to arrange a meeting with an Esper capable of putting Mira's mind back in her own body, was along for the trip.

It made sense then that Kirstie would return home with her father. Classes had been canceled for the week while the institute prepared for Cornelis' and Dag's memorials. They had all been through a traumatic ordeal, and it made sense for Kirstie to take some time to see her family...

Lex and his entire family had been invited along. It was unusual, but justifiable.

And then there was Blue Knight, the young Welsh boy who had arrived only just yesterday. From what Martin understood, some of the other students had dealt with a giant crocodile's rampage--a disaster they were aided in suppressing by the Blue Knight, who had traveled to Vienna looking for the Vindicators.

Following Laputa's salvo on Vienna, the Vindicators were running rampant: Quintessence was shuttling them about the continent, putting out the fires one villain or another started, thinking that now was the prime opportunity for them to strike. It was all they could do to spare Backlash to go with them, and help Blue Knight to locate his missing partner...

It was then that Martin's ears registered the sound of a piano playing. It sounded distinctly like the opening notes to One, from A Chorus Line.

Martin wasn’t sure how he knew what A Chorus Line was, but he certainly hoped that Marvin Hamslich didn’t decide to sue us.

Suddenly, someone was sitting in the seat beside him: he looked like a child garbed in furs and leathers. A long topknot capped his skull. Leaning against the seat was a staff topped with what looked like a slingshot.

The young boy turned towards Martin, wearing a maddening grin. He opened his mouth, and began to sing:
  • “You. Been put through the ringer. Life has kicked you in the balls.
    You. Do what needs doing. Every time that duty calls.
    You did the difficult things no one else could do.
    But now it’s time to stop brooding! It’s you-know-who!

You. Have a lot of questions regarding your dad and mom.
    Learning you’re a clone was a bomb—who knew?
    Oh! Yeah! What the heck’s your sister?
    But here’s the real pisser: it sucks to be you.

You. Waited for this moment. Wonderin’ when it would come.
    It’s a rite of passage all New Vindies must go through.
    It’s time to deal with that awesome cosmic kender.
    Uh, something, something, something that rhymes with kender!

You’re the one!"
Michuru81 wrote:The Rules: Whenever Elemenoh appears in a scene (as he currently does), all dialogue must be sung, as he's officially turned this game into a musical. First one to post gets to choose the musical tone we're singing to.
NVAE (Jack, Kas, Otso, Violet)
The sun rose on the New Vindicators Academy of Europe.
Michuru81 wrote:So, what does everyone do to start their day?
OUBLIETTE - NVAE: IC | OOC