World of Freedom: FC Setting Builds....

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Re: World of Freedom: New FC Setting characters

Post by catsi563 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:52 pm

haven't played a psychic in a while power telepath might be fun :mrgreen:
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Shock » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:57 pm

Arkrite wrote:
Horsenhero wrote:However, T-man's right about the Albright crew missing a psionic. Hmmm...maybe it's time for Sean to retire, after all Keisha and him overlap pretty significantly. Maybe. I'll have to think about it.
I, for one, would be sad to see Sean go.
Seconded.

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:21 pm

Spectrum wrote:I was thinking of working on a build of Master Lee (one of the major martial arts masters of FC) as a significant NPC in my contributions to the game. Any suggestions on the build? I also haven't had much luck in finding him in the old books- though my library is a bit restricted.

Thanks!
Well, that'd be due to the fact that there hasn't been any set stats for Master Lee, he's more of what I call a 'mentioned possible NPC'. I do recall the 2e FC setting book saying that he was a high ranking martial artist back in his prime so a 'modern version' of him would probably be around a PL 9 or 10 but over the usual pp/level limits (at least that's how I see him).
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:50 pm

Shock wrote:
Arkrite wrote:
Horsenhero wrote:However, T-man's right about the Albright crew missing a psionic. Hmmm...maybe it's time for Sean to retire, after all Keisha and him overlap pretty significantly. Maybe. I'll have to think about it.
I, for one, would be sad to see Sean go.
Seconded.
I like the character, but he's kind of redundant powerwise. Besides, I only mentioned I was thinking about it. I did have a fun idea for a psionic whose telepathic abilities were pretty standard, but whose telekinetic abilities manifested as tentacles {Mentacles!}. His tentative name is Encephalopod.

Sometimes I just crack myself up.

I probably won't do it though, for two reasons...1) I already changed characters in one of T-man's games to retire a redundant character for one that would fill a vacant niche. 2) It would require working up a new character and since I'm both lazy AND still in the middle of a job search, I'm not sure it's time I want to devote.

kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Post by kirinke » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:22 am

I'd miss Sean too. Besides, Sean hits much more often than Keisha. I mean, on paper, she's good, but in reality? The dice hate her. :twisted:

Plus, both he and Keisha play off of each other well. Heck the entire group does. So I don't mind that they overlap at all, each of them have their own strengths that compliment the other. I mean, Keisha is primarily the skill monkey and emergency exit of the group. More or less, how we've been handling what overlap I've seen, has been cool with me.

And if Sean left, Keisha would have to take on the trash-talking for both of them. Not to mention, between Sean and Richard, they keep her from getting a big head! 8)

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:35 am

You miss the point. It isn't about what both characters can do. It's about what no character does.

kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Post by kirinke » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:34 am

Sean can hit the broadside of a barn at twenty paces? Last time I looked he could. :twisted:

Joking aside, while I'd miss Sean, if you want to play something different, I can understand that too. I just think the game is less about the neato powers and more about how our characters deal with having them and how our characters deal with each other! Y'know? 8)

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Killjoy

Post by Tattooedman » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:50 am

Killjoy:
PL:
Strength 4
Stamina 5
Agility 7
Dexterity 7
Fighting 8
Intellect 0
Awareness 1
Presence 2

Skills: Acrobatics 5 (+12), Athletics 6 (+10), Deception 6 (+8.), Expertise [Criminal] 10 (+10), Insight 9 (+10), Intimidation 10 (+12), Perception 9 (+10), Ranged Combat [Guns] 5 (+14), Stealth 5 (+12), Technology 4 (+4), Vehicles [Air] 3 (+10), Vehicles [Land] 3 (+10), Vehicles [Sea] 3 (+10)

Advantages: Agile Feint, All-Out Attack, Close Attack 6, Diehard, Equipment 3, Improved Defense, Power Attack, Precise Attack [ranged; cover], Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 2, Redirect, Takedown 2

Powers: Cybernetic Skin Graft:
Immunity 2 [Disease, Poison]
Protection 3 (Extra: Impervious 5)
Rapid Defenses:
Enhanced Dodge 4
Enhanced Parry 4
Superhuman Speed:
Enhanced Advantages 7 [Evasion 2, Improved Initiative 2, Instant Up, Move-By Action]
Quickness 8
Speed 8
-Running Jump: Leaping 6 (Flaw: Quirk [requires a running start])
Speed Attacks:
Rapid Firing: Ranged Damage 8 (Extra: Multiattack); (Flaw: Limited [Requires guns])
-Rapid Disarm: Burst Area on Strength 4 for Disarming (Extra: Selective)
-Rapid Strike: Strength-Based Damage 4 (Extra: Multiattack 8.)
-Rapid Strikes For Everyone!: Strength-Based Damage 4 (Extra: Area [Burst])

Offense: Initiative +15
Melee Attack +14
Ranged Attack +9 // Gun Attack +14

Defense: Dodge +14*/+10 [*Rapid Defenses]
Parry +14*/+10 [*Rapid Defenses]
Toughness +8* [*Impervious 5]
Fortitude +10
Will +10

Equipment: High Speed Arsenal: (12 ep)
Twin Blaster Pistols: Energy Ranged Damage 5 (Feat: Split)
-Knives: Strength-Based Damage 1 (Feat: Improved Critical)
-3 ep free as needed

Costs: Abilities 68+ Skills 27+ Advantages 21+ Powers 60+ Defenses 19= 195 pts.

Height: 5’10’
Weight: 290 lbs
Hair: Black
Eye Color: Yellow

Complications:
Reputation ~High Collateral Damage: Killjoy is starting to become known for causing a high body count and damage to her surroundings on the jobs she takes.

Responsibility: To Project: Icarus (Killjoy is unaware of this).

Spoiling For A Fight: Killjoy's answer to everything is to shoot it, punch it or kick it.

Background: By the time Brenda Lews was fifteen years old she'd been arrested several times; robbery, auto theft, and aggravated battery. By the time she was eighteen, she had dropped out of high school, got married, gotten divorced and then spent the next few years of her life drifting in and out of detention facilities, welfare hotels and emergency rooms. During one her stays in the hospital for addiction, Brenda was diagnosed as suffering from chronic drug abuse, attention deficit disorder and anti-social personality disorder.

After a failed robbery attempt that was followed by a high speed car chase through the streets of New York City, she was stopped because of being hit by a tanker truck. Despite the fact she was moving at high speeds at the time of the crash, Brenda could not avoid the explosion that followed and was left burned over 90% of her body and had been crippled. That was when Project: Icarus got their claws into her; using their government connections they had Brenda taken to one of their many hidden labs were she was subjected to several surgeries where cybernetic implants were put into her body to help her recover from the accident.

But while she was recovering from the last procedure it was learned that Brenda had developed metahuman speed as the pain killers she’d been on that had left her barely able to talk began to wear off. Realizing they had a potential agent on their hands her handlers from Icarus decided to implant a ‘black box’ inside her head, a device that would insure her loyalty to them above all others (or at least as much as someone so anti-social as Brenda could be). Once that was completed Brenda, now codenamed Killjoy, was implanted with various skill sets (thanks to the cybernetic parts place in her brain to allow her to better deal with moving at high speeds), from hand-to-hand fighting and firearm handling (which included ways to use her newly gained speed to her advantage) to various spy-related skills such as breaking and entering and lock picking.

After that Icarus put together a fake history for Killjoy; saying that she’s originally a soldier from South America who was injured during a rebellion and remade by her government into her current state before going rogue and working as a supermerc. They use Killjoy as a mole to keep tabs on various super criminals that she might be able to get close to thanks to her mercenary ways, though sometimes her Icarus handlers will activate the control system that will make Killjoy do their bidding without her realizing she’s being controlled to perform certain jobs that the Project needs taken care of but doesn’t want to be directly connected to.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Overkill

Post by Tattooedman » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:04 am

Overkill:
PL:
Strength 10
Stamina 10
Agility 2
Dexterity 2
Fighting 6
Intellect 0
Awareness 1
Presence 0

Skills: Athletics 3 (+13), Expertise [Criminal] 6 (+6), Insight 6 (+7), Intimidation 8 (+9), Perception 6 (+7), Ranged Combat [Weapon Arm Array] 3 (+8)

Advantages: All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Close Attack 2, Cunning Fighter, Fast Grab, Improved Initiative, Language [Italian], Power Attack, Ranged Attack 3

Powers: Cybernetic Body:
Enhanced Strength 3 (Flaw: Limited [Lifting only])
Leaping 2
Protection 2
Cybernetic Senses: Senses 2 [Vision (Extended), Infravision]
Cyborg Size: Growth 2 [+2 Strength, +2 Stamina, +1 Intimidation, +2 Mass; -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth] (Extra: Permanent); (Feat: Innate)
Weapon Arm Array:
Arm Cannon: Ranged Damage 10
-Autocannon: Ranged Damage 6 (Extra: Multiattack)
-Rocket Launcher: Ranged Damage 8 (Extra: Area [Burst (rank 4 30 ft)])

Offense: Initiative +6
Melee Attack +8
Ranged Attack +2 // Weapon Arm Array Attack +8

Defense: Dodge +8
Parry +8
Toughness +12 [*Impervious]
Fortitude +12
Will +6

Costs: Abilities 62+ Skills 11+ Advantages 12+ Powers 36+ Defenses 15= 135 pts.

Height: 9'10"
Weight:
Hair: None
Eye Color:

Complications:
Ego: With his cybernetic upgrades, Overkill is very sure no one can handle him. Not that this is the case, but Overkill continues to think this way.

Weakness: Because of his cybernetic parts, Overkill is vulnerable to magnetic based attacks.

Weakness: Because of the parts of his mind that are computerized, Overkill is vulnerable to effects that control or alter the way machines/computers operate.

Background: Nicholas 'Nico' Rocca was born a troublemaker, starting his life of crime at the young age of 13. Initially extorting protection money from the shop owners in his neighborhood and selling his talents as a leg breaker to his fellow students. Then at 15 years of age, Nico caught the eye of Marco Scarlatti, one of the top enforcers for the Scarlatti Family. Marko took Nico under his wing and began training him to channel his strength and violence.

During his life with the Scarlatti Family, Nico became one of their best assets and quickly became known to the community. However during one job Nico killed the son of rival boss Vito Calogero, a longtime rival of the Scarlattis, who was enraged and organized a hit on Nico. Calling in favors from oil-rich Arabian friends, Calogero had Nico ambushed; the Arabs shredded Nico and left him for dead. Clinging to life, he was found by Scarlatti's men and brought home. Leo Scarlatti decided try one last time to make a Mafia super hit man.

This time they had a willing patient in Nico, and the experiment with the paramesh system used went far beyond their expectations; Nico's body and mind embraced the operation fully. That night he became the one and only Overkill. After proving himself over the following years, Scarlatti began loaning Overkill's services out either for favors to be named later or a high fee. For the most part Overkill normally deals with non-superhuman problems and in that regard he does very well, in fact that's how he ended up earning his name - for going well past what was called for on his jobs. But here in the past couple of years Overkill has been dealing with members of the Champions as well as some of the solo heroes that operate in Bay City, like Crusader and Hunter and while he's been able to be a viable threat to them they've managed to defeat him. The last time Overkill did a job he ran afoul of the Commander and Jetstream, one of Bay City's more experienced heroes; after seriously injuring Jetstream, Overkill was literally ripped to pieces by the Commander.

How long it will be before the Scarlatti Family rebuilds Overkill is anyone's guess but it given that they've always done so in the past it is highly likely that at some point Overkill will return.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Nacht-Krieger

Post by Tattooedman » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:19 am

Nacht-Krieger:
PL:
Strength 3
Stamina 4
Agility 2
Dexterity 4
Fighting 6
Intellect 1
Awareness 1
Presence 3

Skills: Expertise [Magic] 3 (+4), Expertise [Soldier] 6 (+7), Insight 8 (+9), Intimidation 11 (+14), Investigation 6 (+7), Perception 8 (+9), Stealth 12 (+14)

Advantages: All-Out Attack, Benefit [Ambidexterity], Close Attack 8, Defensive Attack, Fearless, Improved Initiative, Move-By Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 2, Startle, Takedown 2

Powers: Shadow Form: (Feat: Innate)
Elongation 6
Immunity 40 [Energy Attacks, Energy Effects] (Flaw: Limited [Half Damage])
Immunity 30 [Fortitude Effects]
Insubstantial 3
Protection 4
Eyes Of Night: Senses 2 [Darkvision]
Fearsome Presence: Ranged Affliction 5 [Dazed, Compelled, Controlled (run away only); resisted by Will] (Extras: Cumulative, Perception)
Hidden In Shadows: Concealment 6 [all auditory & visual] (Flaw: Limited [Only in shadows/darkness])
Move Like A Shadow: 5 [Air Walking 2, Slithering, Wall-Crawling 2]
Shadow Strike: Strength-Based Damage 11 (Extra: Penetrating 12); (Feat: Improved Critical 4)

Melee Attack +14
Ranged Attack +6

Defense: Dodge +12
Parry +12
Toughness +8
Fortitude +8
Will +11

Costs: Abilities 48+ Skills 18+ Advantages 20+ Powers 140+ Defenses 28= 254 pts.

Height: 5'11"
Weight: N/A // 165 lbs (formerly)
Hair: N/A // Brown (formerly)
Eye Color: N/A // Green (formerly)

Complications:
Power Troubles: Turning off his Insubstantial requires Nacht-Krieger to make a Will DC 20 then a Standard Action every following round to maintain it.

Weakness: Nacht-Krieger suffers normal damage from silver weapons despite his Insubstantial power and it bypasses his ranks of Protection.

Weakness: Nacht-Krieger suffers an additional degree of damage from Light-based attacks.

Background: Not much has changed for Nacht-Krieger – he still works for Overshadow acting as the major enforcer for S.H.A.D.O.W. as well as the organization’s assassin. Recently he helped Kantor trick a powerful alien who’d crashed on Earth into helping S.H.A.D.O.W. deal with their main American rival V.I.P.E.R., and during the course of several days both Nacht-Krieger and Martyr, as the alien’s named translated into English (or there about), fought against many of V.I.P.E.R.’s Dragon Branch (their metahuman agents) in their efforts to eliminate the serpentine organization.

There were twin attacks in New York City and Bay City followed by an attack in Washington D.C. a few days later before AEGIS was able to figure out what S.H.A.D.O.W. was up to and realized that the only remaining large Nests were in Freedom City. Sure enough Nacht-Krieger and Martyr each lead a large force against the two Nests in different parts of the city and while Martyr faced FORCE Ops, Nacht-Krieger found himself facing off against the Reserves. While Nacht-Krieger was able to hold his own fairly well for the most part until he was forced to retreat when Lady Hex joined the fight using spells specially readied in case the Reserve faced him.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Grey Gargoyle

Post by Tattooedman » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:20 am

Grey Gargolye:
PL:
Strength 10 (1)
Stamina 3
Agility 2
Dexterity 2
Fighting 6
Intellect 4
Awareness 1
Presence 1

Skills: Deception 7 (+8.), Expertise [Science] 7 (+11), Insight 7 (+8.), Intimidation 9 (+10), Perception 7 (+8.), Ranged Combat [Thrown Objects] 6 (+8.), Stealth 6 (+8.), Technology 8 (+12)

Advantages: Close Attack 4, Chokehold, Fast Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Language [Base: French; English], Power Attack, Task Focus [Expertise (Science): Chemistry]

Powers: Stone Body: (Move Action -1 pt)
Enhanced Strength 9
Protection 10 (Extras: Impervious 12)
Immunity 10 [Life Support]

Stone Hand:
Organic Petrification: Affliction 12 [Impaired & Hindered, Immobile & Defenseless, Transformed to Stone & Unaware; resisted by Fortitude] (Extras: Increased Duration [Continuous], Extra Condition) (Flaw: Instant Recovery [One Hour])
-Inorganic Petrification: Transform 9 [Objects into Stone] (Extras: Increased Duration [Continuous]); (Flaw: Limited [transformed objects change back to normal after one hour])

Melee Attack +10
Ranged Attack +2 // Thrown Objects Attack +8

Defense: Dodge +9
Parry +9
Toughness +13* [*Impervious 12]
Fortitude +8
Will +7

Costs: Abilities 40+ Skills 20+ Advantages 11+ Powers 98+ Defenses 21= 190 pts.

Height: 5’11”
Weight: 160 lbs // 200 lbs (stone form)
Hair: Black // Grey (stone body)
Eye Color: Blue // Grey (stone body)

Complications:
Enemy: Horus the Avenger.

Motivation ~Greed: The Grey Gargoyle wants money.

Motivation ~Desires Immortality: Grey Gargoyle is trying to figure out a way to become immortal.

Power Loss: Grey Gargoyle will lose his Stone Body power after an hour has past.

Power Loss: The Grey Gargoyle must be able to touch his body with his right hand to engage the activation of his Stone Body power.

Background: Paul Duval was a French chemist that accidentally gains the ability to turn anything to stone by touching it. Turning his body to stone, Duval dons a mask and cape and becomes a criminal with the alias the Grey Gargoyle. Duval, however, becomes bored with normal crimes, finding that his powers make it ‘too easy’ and decides to try to achieve immortality by confronting Horus the Avenger and stealing his mystic ankh hammer.

For several years the Grey Gargoyle would vex the Son of Ra until Horus finally returned to Heliopolis after completing his original mission to capture the rogue god Set. But Horus wasn’t the only hero that the Grey Gargoyle faced off against; in fact there were a few times he went after the Centurion after realizing that the Guardian of Good had hardly aged since his debut several decades earlier. But the Grey Gargoyle faired worse against the Centurion than he ever did Horus.

There were also a few rare times when Daedalus ran afoul of the Grey Gargoyle’s odder plots – like when the Gargoyle adopts the false identity of sculptor Paul St. Pierre, intending to make a fortune in the art world by selling persons transformed to stone as authentic sculptures. The ruse, however, is discovered by Daedalus, who defeats the villain and sends him off to Blackstone Prison.

After the end of the ‘Silver Age’ nobody heard from the Grey Gargoyle following his release from Blackstone and it is thought that he simply returned to his homeland of France under an assumed name to escape his past and try to start his life over.

-- Chiun

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:04 pm

Ahhhhh, the Grey Gargoyle, one of my personal all time favorite villains. I don't know why, but a few of those early Kirby creation Thor villains...Grey Gargoyle, Absorbing Man, Ulik the Troll and Mangog (not Magog), so often forgotten about, yet so cool.

Nice to see GG get a Freedom City makeover.

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:16 pm

Glad you approve HH. There are a few of the 'old school' bad guys that I think would fit pretty well into the FC setting, mostly to help flesh out the setting since to me it does seem a touch thin when compared to the number of heroes active during the Silver Age. So I decided to take some of my personal favorites and rework them a bit so they'd help fill in that gap as I see it.

I've got a few more in the works as it is, so hopefully I'll surprise folks.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Electro

Post by Tattooedman » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:00 pm

Electro:
PL:
Strength 2
Stamina 2
Agility 3
Dexterity 3
Fighting 4
Intellect 0
Awareness 1
Presence 0

Skills: Athletics 3 (+6), Deception 6 (+6), Expertise [Science] 4 (+4), Expertise [Streetwise] 6 (+6), Insight 6 (+7), Intimidation 9 (+9), Perception 6 (+7), Ranged Combat [Electrical Control] 5 (+10), Stealth 6 (+8.)

Advantages: All-Out Attack, Close Attack 4, Equipment, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 2, Startle, Task Focus [Expertise (Science): Electrical Phenomena]

Powers: Electric Aura:
Damage 8 (Extra: Increased Duration [Continuous])
Protection 10 (Extra: Sustained)
Electric Body: Immunity 10 [Electrical Effects]
Electrical Sense: Senses 3 [Detect (Electricity [Acute, Ranged])]
Electrical Control Array:
Electrical Blast: Ranged Damage 12 (Extra: Penetrating)
-Brain-Fry: Ranged Affliction 11 [Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated; resisted by Fortitude] (Extra: Cumulative)
-Chain Lightning: Ranged Damage 12 (Extra: Multiattack)
-Riding the Current: Teleport 12 (Extra: Accurate); (Flaw: Medium [Electrical Wires])
-Short-Out: Nullify Electrical Devices & Powers 12 (Extras: Area [Burst], Broad, Simultaneous); (Flaw: Concentration)

Offense: Initiative +7
Melee Attack +8
Ranged Attack +5 // Electrical Control Array Attack +10

Defense: Dodge +9
Parry +9
Toughness +12*/+2 [*Electrical Aura]
Fortitude +8
Will +7

Equipment: Insulating Suit [Protects Electro from Water-Based Attacks]

Costs: Abilities 30+ Skills 18+ Advantages 12+ Powers 87+ Defenses 23= 170 pts.

Height: 5'10"
Weight: 173 lbs
Hair: Brown
Eye Color: Brown

Complications:
Motivation ~Greed: Electro likes money and power and that can be his downfall.

Power Loss: Electro's powers can be shorted out by his being submerged/dosed in enough water if his Insulating Suit is damaged.

Weakness: Electro takes an extra degree of damage against water based attacks if his Insulating Suit is damaged.

Background: Max Dillion's father was a struggling accountant and had difficulties on keeping a job. Because of this, Max and his family constantly found themselves moving which caused Max to become a reclusive child seeing how it was hard for him making new friends because his family moving. Max's father eventually abandoned the family, causing Max’s mother to become overprotective over her son as he grew into adulthood. Wanting to find some independence within his life Max got a job as an electrical lineman, eventually becoming one of the most notable and well experienced linemen working for his employer.

Due to his skill, Max developed a personality that was both selfish and arrogant which made him unliked by his co-workers, but when a fellow lineman was knocked unconscious and stuck high up on a pole with loose wires surrounding him Max's field boss had him climb up to help the other lineman. Max easily saved the unconscious lineman and brought him to safety but was struck by a bolt of lightning which knocked him off the pole almost killed him, though paramedics were able to revive him and Max was taken to the hospital.

During his recovery time Max discovered that the accident had granted him electrically based powers and upon his release from the hospital Max worked on mastering this new found set of powers as well as trying to increase them. This led Max to a life of crime as he realized he needed advanced technology to increase his powers and he put together a costume and robbed several high tech manufacturers to get the equipment he needed.

Those thefts got the attention of the first Raven, who quickly was able to track Max down (though he was calling himself Electro by this point) and forced the electric villain to abandon his makeshift lab to keep his freedom. After this Electro turned more to ‘normal’ supercrime – robbery, and most of the time he ran afoul of the Raven who had figured out a number of ways to deal with Electro’s powers and would send him either running off to lick his wounds or to prison (which Electro would promptly break out of). But because their regular clashes Electro sometimes found himself among the ranks of the Crime League of the Silver Age, to help the rouges of the other Freedom League members finally defeat their enemies (not that it ever really happened, they came close a couple of times but the Freedom League always seemed to bounce back from whatever plan Dr. Stratos had hatched).

At some though Electro stopped appearing in public, some say he finally learned his lesson and went legit while others say he finally mouthed off to the wrong person and got his big mouth shut permanently.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Drider

Post by Tattooedman » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:39 pm

Drider:
PL:
Strength 8
Stamina 8
Agility 5
Dexterity 5
Fighting 6
Intellect 0
Awareness 3
Presence 0

Skills: Acrobatics 5 (+10), Athletics 5 (+13), Deception 12 (+12), Expertise [Current Events] 7 (+7), Expertise [Magic] 10 (+10), Expertise [Pop Culture] 7 (+7), Insight 9 (+12), Intimidation 12 (+12), Perception 9 (+12), Persuasion 10 (+10), Ranged Combat [Webbing] 5 (+12), Stealth 9 (+14)

Advantages: All-Out Attack, Close Attack 8, Contacts, Daze [Deception], Diehard, Fearless, Great Endurance, Hide In Plain Sight, Improved Feint, Improved Initiative, Move-By Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 2, Ritualist

Powers: : Chitin: Protection 3
Fae Fire: Ranged Affliction 11 [Stealth Impaired, Stealth Disabled; resisted by Dodge/Will] (Extras: Cumulative, Perception)
-Globe Of Darkness: Visual Concealment 4 (Extra: Area, Attack)
Magical Disguise: Morph 1 [humanoid form]
Moves Like A Spider: Movement 2 [Wall-Crawling 2]
Multiple Eyes: Senses 3 [Darkvision, Vision (Radius)]
Naturally Resistant To Magic: Immunity 10 [Magical Effects] (Flaw: Limited [Half Effective])
Webbing: Ranged Affliction 10 [Hindered & Vulnerable, Defenseless & Immobilized; resisted by Dodge/Strength] (Extra: Cumulative); (Feat: Tether)
-Poisonous Bite: Weaken Strength 8
-Web-Swinging: Movement 1 [Swinging]

Offense: Initiative +9
Melee Attack +14
Ranged Attack +7 // Webbing Attack +12

Offense: Dodge +11
Parry +11
Toughness +11
Fortitude +10
Will +10

Costs: Abilities 70+ Skills 34+ Advantages 22+ Powers 88+ Defenses 20= 234 pts.

Height: 8'
Weight: 300 lbs
Hair: White
Eye Color: Red (all four of them)
Unusual Features: Black skin

Complications:
Odd Body Shape: Drider's half spider body makes him fitting into some spaces difficult, such as most vehicles and he needs to be careful with doors as well.

Monstrous Appearance: Drider's half spider body marks him as an obvious superhuman and cannot be disguised easily.

Weakness: Like many Fae creatures Drider is vulnerable to objects made of iron, as the DC is increased by 50% and if the DC is failed he takes an additional rank of damage.

Weakness: Drider is susceptible to magics that specifically target Fae creatures.

Background: Summoned several years ago from the Imageria, Kylun quickly killed the mage and began to familiarize himself with the new world he found himself in. Unfortunately for him his large, half spider body made him stand out and he was forced to operate from the shadows but that was nothing new to him and he adjusted well to his new surroundings. Not that this was really an issue for the Fae being anyways as he had always been something of a manipulator already but on Earth he spent years figuring out the mystical community.

During the 1990s Kylun was aware of the Brimstone House during their early efforts to establish their power base, unlike many others, and he often worked on a freelance basis for them though he hid his Fae nature from them. He was among the few that was sorry to see them go the way they did a few years later as they had been a good resource for him, so when Baron Twilight rebuilt the organization Kylun decided to become part of it as to ‘get in on the ground floor’ and have a more direct tie to their resources that he could use for his own means. So far he enjoys working for the members of the Inner Council, the freedoms he has to come and go as he pleases allows him to sow the seeds of his plans without as many watchful eyes upon him.

Still hiding his true nature, Kylun has come up with the story of his being a child of the Winter Court and this was how his Fae nature manifested itself. It’s really more to explain away his Fae nature as something lesser than it actually is and so far it has worked as none of the Inner Council suspect Kylun of being an actual Fae being. What plans he has in the works are unknown but supposedly they are several and given Kylun’s ability to disguise himself as anyone he wishes as well as his deceiving nature that wouldn’t be difficult for him to have done.

-- Chiun