World of Freedom: FC Setting Builds....

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Re: World of Freedom: New FC Setting characters

Post by Spectrum » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:56 am

Surprisingly, they didn't just show in the Albright game...

Sometimes 1+1=3 for very large values of 1.

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Kreuzritter » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:19 am

Tattooedman wrote:No, I considered it but ultimately decided against it.

Right now they're a nameless group with only a few outings and those have left the heroes they've dealt with so far a bit confused as to who & what they ran across. Nine times out of ten I will probably give them a name after they've made their 'official in-game debut'.
I think in this case, "Leader's minions" will do
Kreuz Control Promotions: over 2800 builds served, and counting...
Crinoverse: Contributions

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:31 am

Spectrum wrote:Surprisingly, they didn't just show in the Albright game...

Nope. More for the reason that I didn't want every teen villain I use to be tied to the Shadow Academy more than anything else.

But if it makes you feel any better Big Zero and the Executioner were just built earlier this week just for the Albright game (though there are a couple minor tweeks in their builds).
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:32 am

Kreuzritter wrote:
Tattooedman wrote:No, I considered it but ultimately decided against it.

Right now they're a nameless group with only a few outings and those have left the heroes they've dealt with so far a bit confused as to who & what they ran across. Nine times out of ten I will probably give them a name after they've made their 'official in-game debut'.
I think in this case, "Leader's minions" will do
I'd considered that too given how factual the Leader is, he's not one to waste the mental energy on coming up with fancy names for his minions when he already calls them minions.

-- Chiun

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Kreuzritter » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:29 pm

Tattooedman wrote:

Nope. More for the reason that I didn't want every teen villain I use to be tied to the Shadow Academy more than anything else.

But if it makes you feel any better Big Zero and the Executioner were just built earlier this week just for the Albright game (though there are a couple minor tweeks in their builds).
Pretty much why I made the Thulian Jugendbund in my thread for the crinoverse. the villain school is a no brainer idea, and the Shadow Academy's use is hindered by its lack of public legitimacy
Kreuz Control Promotions: over 2800 builds served, and counting...
Crinoverse: Contributions

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:44 pm

Tattooedman wrote:

I like this approach. Neither "good" nor "evil" is entirely monolithic. In fact, "evil" may be less monolithic than "good" because the lack of desire to compromise for the betterment of the whole means philosophical differences that might be set aside by "good" people in pursuit of the defense of established society may be insurmountable obstacles where "evil" people are concerned.

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:50 pm

Kreuzritter wrote:Pretty much why I made the Thulian Jugendbund in my thread for the crinoverse. the villain school is a no brainer idea, and the Shadow Academy's use is hindered by its lack of public legitimacy

See I get that idea and it’s a good one, but my thing is I don’t really have a similar group I can use to do that with as the other criminal organizations I have operating in my setting wouldn’t want to bother with teenagers (VIPER, SHADOW, PHANTOM or the Burning Protectorate) when they can simply empower and/or recruit more mature and stable (?) superpowered adults into working for them.

So yeah I did come up with a decent number of ‘active’ students for the SA, counting the 8 new characters I just debuted today in the Albright game there’s Esper, who’s now running the Shadow Academy since the first Headmistress got ‘retired’ by Taurus for the way the Free for all Brawl against the original Next-GEN ended, and of course Brother Blood (who just got revealed yesterday) to represent some of the ‘teaching staff’ at the SA.

Now as for established students of the SA (to go along with those 8 I already mentioned above, as it was stated in the FMW book that the SA had several classes active at one time) there’s the following new characters I built (most of which were inspired by builds done by Kreuzritter) just for this adventure;

Blackout
Daybreaker
Demolisa
Khan

In addition to the characters that are either holdovers from the first SA class or were ideas I had for the new class that replaced them.

(the holdovers)
Count Zero
Lethal Lolita

(the 2nd class)
Darkbolt
December
Gremlin
Stompa
Target
Vibron

So that's something like 18 or 20 characters tied to the Shadow Academy and in my mind it’s kind of like how I’m handling Claremont; there’s a ton of characters there but only a few interact with the PCs on a regular basis (since as I recall my high school years I knew a lot of people but only associated with them on certain occasions or because of certain school functions), so there could be a whole bunch more kids going to the Shadow Academy (upwards of 50 or so sounds about right to me honestly) but the PCs will probably never deal with them all (unless I somehow manage to stick them in the SA somehow ) so I don’t have to worry about adding too many more to that group unless I come up with or run across an idea I really like and think would be interesting to see play out as part of an adventure.

I mean I’ve still got the Psions to use as well and I’ve already doubled their membership as it is (not to say I couldn’t always add another 1 or 2 if the idea strikes me) but I didn’t want them to be the ‘main’ bad guys the Albright gang dealt with. I wanted to try and give them a wide variety of opponents and so far I think I’ve done pretty well.

I also think that Taurus is one of the few villains in the FC setting who would come up with an idea like the Shadow Academy honestly as most the other villains who might be able to pull it off simply don’t want to deal with superpowered teenagers (normal ones are bad enough as it is).

That said I have been considering coming up with a U.K. version of Claremont but haven’t given it too much thought at the moment because I don’t really know how much interaction I’d get from them really. While I love to build characters and come up with ideas I do need to put limits on it as creating that many ‘new characters’ and then not using them aside from their first appearance and maybe one or two other showings (where they might only talk) seems to be a bit of overkill IMO.

-- Chiun

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Shock » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:44 pm

Tattooedman wrote:While I love to build characters and come up with ideas I do need to put limits on it as creating that many ‘new characters’ and then not using them aside from their first appearance and maybe one or two other showings (where they might only talk) seems to be a bit of overkill IMO.
I agree, that's a tough balance to achieve. Having recurring characters really helps me make a connection to the world. There's something to be said for having an arch-rival. Teens need somebody to hate right? At the same time, I understand not wanting to use the same bad guys for every adventure.

kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Post by kirinke » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:57 pm

You do know at some point, you're going to have to craft an adventure where the Albrighters will have to cooperate with the Psions (or some other villain they've encountered) in order to get out of a jam or defeat an even bigger villain they both hate. :twisted:

Psistrike
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Psistrike » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:57 am

Finally caught up reading this thread, lots of great stuff and characters. With Arcadian Academy, Claremont Academy and Shadow Academy all having so many students now, I wonder if someone else will open another super school somewhere else. :lol: Oh, With Leader's stats, his Toughness is 17 with the Force Field, still within his PL 12 limits. And Warhead's Radiation Blast exceeds the Radiation Discharge by 10 points.

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:51 pm

Thanks Psistrike, and I've fixed those errors you mentioned.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Phantom Eagle

Post by Tattooedman » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:54 pm

Phantom Eagle:
PL:
Strength 8
Stamina 8
Agility 3
Dexterity 3
Fighting 4
Intellect 0
Awareness 2
Presence 1

Skills: Acrobatics 3 (+6), Athletics 6 (+8.), Expertise [Military] 4 (+4), Expertise [Pilot] 10 (+10), Insight 6 (+8.), Perception 6 (+8), Ranged Combat [Moon Stone Power] 5 (+10), Stealth 6 (+9), Vehicles [Air] 5 (+8)

Advantages: Benefit [Membership (Crime Union)], Close Attack 4, Improved Initiative, Ranged Attack 2

Powers: Self Propulsion: Flight 5
Moon Stone Array:
Gravitonic Blast: Ranged Damage 10 (Extra: Penetrating)
-Gravitonic Burst: Visual Affliction 10 [Impaired, Hindered, Unaware; resisted by Fortitude] (Extras: Area [Burst], Cumulative)
-Phasing: Insubstantial 4 (Feat: Subtle)
Minor Molecular Control: Feature 1 [Instant Change]

Offense: Initiative +7
Melee Attack +8
Ranged Attack +5 // Light Control Array Attack +10

Defense: Dodge +10
Parry +10
Toughness +5
Fortitude +10
Will +8

Costs: Abilities 58+ Skills 18+ Advantages 8+ Powers 43+ Defenses 24= 151 pts.

Height: 6’1”
Weght: 218 lbs
Hair: Blonde
Eye Color: Blue

Complications:
Arrogance: Because of his great power Phantom Eagle can become overconfident at times, leading to his downfall.

Motivation ~Thrills: Phantom Eagle enjoys the thrill of stealing and using his powers to do as he pleases.

Power Loss: Phantom Eagle’s powers derive from an ancient Preserver Gravity Stone that has merged internally with his body. If the stone were to be somehow removed, Phantom Eagle becomes powerless and his Strength and Stamina are reduced to 2.

Background: Lloyd Bloch was just a small time smuggler who specialized in using planes as his means of transporting whatever it was he was hired to move (most of the time it was drugs) and it was while on one such job that his plane was hit by a meteor, at least that’s what Lloyd thought it was at first upon climbing free of the wreckage that had been his plane.

But upon inspecting the item that had run his craft into the ground Lloyd instead found a fist sized gemstone that was cool to his touch despite it’s fiery descent from the sky and at first his mind was lost in trying to figure out exactly how much he could sell it for but when the gemstone started melting away in his hand all Lloyd had running through his mind was PAIN. So much pain in fact that he passed out, only to wake up hours later and there was no sign of the gemstone. After spending days barely surviving in the jungles of South America, Lloyd ran afoul of a local tribe who apparently practiced cannibalism and was forced to run for his life.

The tribe’s ‘hunters’ were used to such tactics from their prey and had already set traps, one of which was a spiked pit which Lloyd fell into but the stress of the situation released the powers the alien gemstone had bestowed upon him and allowed him to escape not only the cannibal tribe but the country altogether. After returning home, Lloyd spent some time experimenting with his powers and decided to embark upon a career in super villainy since he couldn’t see himself going legit and trying to be a hero. Since then he’s been operating as the Phantom Eagle and has encountered a number of different heroes across the country as he repeatedly tries to increase his personal wealth through robbery.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Whirlwind

Post by Tattooedman » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:55 pm

Whirlwind:
PL:
Strength 2
Stamina 2
Agility 3
Dexterity 4
Fighting 4
Intellect 0
Awareness 1
Presence 1

Skills: Acrobatics 6 (+9), Athletics 3 (+5), Expertise [Criminal] 6 (+6), Expertise [Perform] 6 (+9), Insight 6 (+7), Perception 6 (+7), Ranged Combat [Centrifugal Throw] 8 (+12), Vehicles [Land] 3 (+7)

Advantages: Benefit 2 [Membership (Crime Union) 2], Close Attack 4, Equipment, Improved Initiative

Powers: Rotate Body At Superhuman Speed:
Movement 2 [Wall-Crawling 2]
Senses 1 [Radius Vision]
Speed 5
Spinning Defense:
Enhanced Dodge 8
Enhanced Parry 8
Immunity 5 [Entanglement Effects] (Flaw: Limited [Half Effective])
Protection 2
Generate Air Current Array:
Tornado: Affliction 8 [Hindered, Prone; resisted by Fortitude] (Extra: Area [Cylinder]); (Flaws: Instant Recovery, Limited Degree) & Damage 8 (Extra: Area [Cylinder])
-Focused Air Blast: Damage 8 (Extra: Area [Line])
Centrifugal Force Attack Array:
Centrifugal Throw: Ranged Damage 8 (Extra: Multiattack)
-Centrifugal Strike: Strength-Based Damage 8

Offense: Initiative +7
Melee Attack +8
Ranged Attack +4 // Centrifugal Throw Attack +12

Defense: Dodge +12*/+4 [*Spinning Defense]
Parry +12*/+4 [*Spinning Defense]
Toughness +8*/+6**/+2 [*Body Armor & Spinning Defense/**Body Armor]
Fortitude +7
Will +7

Equipment: Body Armor [Protection 4; Subtle]

Costs: Abilities 34+ Skills 16+ Advantages 8+ Powers 82+ Defenses 12= 152 pts.

Height: 6"1"
Weight: 220 lbs
Hair: Brown
Eye Color: Blue

Complications:
Arrogance: Whirlwind tends to overestimate his own abilities.

Motivation ~Greed: Whirlwind wants to get as much money as he can and doesn't mind breaking laws to do it.

Personality Quirk ~Selfish: Whirlwind views other people as objects and has no feelings for anybody else but for himself.

Background: David Cannon realized during his teenage years that he was a metahuman who could move his body at great speeds when spinning in a tight circle. Secretly developing his skill with his metahuman ability, David found legitimate work as a circus performer, a professional wrestler, and a professional ice skater as an adult. However Cannon’s talents caught the attention of group of criminals who specialized in fixing games then taking bets on said events to reap the profits who employed Cannon to help them with their criminal gains. Cocky and flamboyant over his success, Cannon grew careless in his activities and the authorities grew suspicious over his activities which resulted in both he and his criminal partners to be investigated but Cannon manages to fool the investigators into thinking he was legitimate in his efforts.

Becoming over confident with his abilities and the success he’d experienced, Cannon left the gang to pursue a career as a costumed thief on his own; designing a costume that played well to his powers and started calling himself Whirlwind. Since then Whirlwind has become a well known super villain who either pulls various robberies with differing levels of success or is under the employ of various mastermind villains as part of some revenge scheme that is paying him for his service.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Solar

Post by Tattooedman » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:57 pm

Solar:
PL:
Strength 5
Stamina 8
Agility 3
Dexterity 3
Fighting 4
Intellect 0
Awareness 2
Presence 2

Skills: Expertise [Streetwise] 6 (+6), Insight 5 (+7), Intimidation 7 (+9), Perception 6 (+8), Ranged Combat [Sunstone Array] 5 (+10), Stealth 6 (+9), Vehicles [Land] 3 (+6)

Advantages: Benefit 2 [Membership (Crime Union) 2], Close Attack 4, Daze [Intimidation], Power Attack, Ranged Attack 2, Startle

Powers: Sun Stone Array:
Heat Blast: Ranged Damage 10 (Extra: Penetrating)
-Burning Fist: Damage 10 (Extra: Penetrating)
-Heat Wave: Damage 10 (Extras: Area [Shapeable], Penetrating)
Solar Propulsion: Flight 6
Use To The Heat:
Immunity 15 [Fire/Heat Effects, Light Damage]
Senses 1 [Infravision]

Offense: Initiative +3
Melee Attack +8
Ranged Attack +5 // Sunstone Array Attack +10

Defense: Dodge +12
Parry +12
Toughness +8
Fortitude +10
Will +8

Costs: Abilities 54+ Skills 14+ Advantages 9+ Powers 60+ Defenses 25= 162 pts.

Height: 6’2”
Weight: Unknown
Hair: Red
Eye Color: Orange
Unusual Features: Golden colored skin

Complications:
Enemy: Cyberhawk.

Motivation ~Greed: Solar wants to make the big money so he can live the high life.

Background: Silas King was born in Carson City, Nevada, working as a smuggler of various illegal goods. On a drug run from New York City to Los Angeles, his van broke down in the Mojave Desert and upon trying to make his way back to civilization, King spent several days out in the desert sun. During his journey he witnessed a ‘falling star’, tracking it down to use as a heat source during the coming cold night in the desert.

What he found instead was a meteor that was cracked open from the impact with a scarlet gem sitting in its center and no heat from entering Earth’s atmosphere. Fascinated by his discovery, King found himself drawn to the cracked meteor until he finally reached in tentatively and took the gem. The last thing King recalls from that night was staring at the in the light of the small fire he’d managed to build, but when he awoke the next morning the gem was gone and he summed up the experience as a hallucination brought on by his trekking through the desert during the day time.

Eventually King made contact with civilization and while recovering from sunstroke and dehydration in the hospital, he realized he could discharge the solar energy he had stored as heat blasts. He also found out what had happened to the gem – it had somehow become embedded in his chest and seemed to be the source of his newly gained powers.

After getting discharged from the hospital King spent some time practicing with his powers, then once he felt he was ready he named himself Solar and began his super criminal career by robbing a bank in New York City. This of course got the attention of Cyberhawk and the two men took an instant disliking to one another which has led to something of a heated rivalry between them over the years but so far Cyberhawk has been the one to come out on top more times than not. Not that Solar has limited himself to only dealing with one hero, as he’s fought a number of the other local heroes of New York at one time or another, he just seems to run afoul of Cyberhawk the most.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Makeshift

Post by Tattooedman » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:00 pm

Makeshift:
PL:
Strength 1
Stamina 2
Agility 2
Dexterity 2
Fighting 2
Intellect 8
Awareness 2
Presence 1

Skills: Athletics 3 (+4), Expertise [Criminal] 3 (+11), Expertise [Science] 6 (+14), Insight 6 (+8.), Perception 9 (+11), Technology 12 (+20), Vehicles [Air] 4 (+6), Vehicles [Exotic] 3 (+5), Vehicles [Land] 4 (+6), Vehicles [Sea] 4 (+6)

Advantages: Benefit [Wealth x2 (Independently Wealthy)], Close Attack 4, Contacts, Inventor, Ranged Attack 5, Skill Mastery [Technology], Speed Of Thought, Ultimate Effort [Ultimate Technology Skill]

Tech Suit: (Removable -2 pts) [12 pp]
Environmental Seals: Immunity 7 [All Environmental Conditions, Suffocation]
Tech Armor: Protection 7

Tech Pack: (Removable -9 pts) [40 pp]
Electrical & Mechanical Devices On Demand: Variable 7 [35 pt pool; tech descriptor]

Offense: Initiative +8
Melee Attack +7
Ranged Attack +7

Defense: Dodge +11
Parry +11
Toughness +9*/+2 [*Tech Suit]
Fortitude +7
Will +8

Costs: Abilities 40+ Skills 18+ Advantages 16+ Powers 52+ Defenses 29= 155 pts.

Height: 5’4”
Weight: Unknown
Hair: Black
Eye Color: Brown

Complications:
Motivation ~Thrills: Makeshift becomes bored very easily and originally turned to super crime to assuage her boredom.

Obsession: Makeshift is obsessed with proving her intellectual superiority by condescending to everyone or by inventing unorthodox solutions to simple problems.

Reputation: Makeshift is known for being willing to work for anyone if they can put up with her arrogance.

Background: Growing up, Valerie Barnhardt, or Val for short, was quick to develop an affinity for machines. Creating contraptions and complex robotic mechanisms before she was even 10, Val felt unchallenged at high school and instead pursued various low-level jobs which made use of her gift.

Becoming bored again, Val found herself not holding jobs for long due to her habit of creating machines to help her do her job (basically making the job more complicated than it actually should have been). Eventually, self educated Val managed to get hired by Fabricators Inc., as they recognized her level of genius and knew they could give her a place to work while being able to handle her arrogance.

For years Val produced various pieces of technological equipment for Fabricators, earning herself a small fortune thanks to the incentive bonuses Fabricators paid her for her work. But at some point Val started to feel like she wasn't being challenged enough by her work and began working on creating the ultimate piece of equipment that could handle any challenge a person might encounter in the field and once she had a working model Val knew that no one else but her would be able to operate it as effectively as she could.

Thus began the criminal career of Makeshift, the technological criminal for hire.

-- Chiun