Age of Wonders thread IV

Discuss Freedom City, Paragons, Wild Cards, or your own campaign settings here.
Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Age of Wonders thread IV

Post by Charles Phipps » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:02 pm

Voltron64 wrote::shock:

He led them there.

Mr. Carnae led the Celestial Lions to Earth-92.

I thought he was just taking advantage of the situation but actually planning out the whole corruption of the world in advance?

I wonder if Mr. Arcane really knows the true depth and scale of the horror his counterpart has reaked?
And here's the crazy part.

Maybe one which you might find heartwarming.

Mister Carnae has only done about 1% of the evil to Mister Arcane's good.

:mrgreen:

Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Charles Phipps » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:02 pm

Oh and comments will be coming, Libra.

Just a wee bit distracted.

(What a time to catch a cold, huh?)

Voltron64
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Voltron64 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:05 pm

I also wonder if the vicious idiot known as the Golden Prince will get beaten horribly by the Outrageous Order?

:twisted:
Last edited by Voltron64 on Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Power doesn't corrupt. Power appeals to the corrupt. - Charles Phipps

Certainly it would be a better world if bigotry were rewarded with a straightjacket and a padded cell more often. - Libra

Voltron64
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Voltron64 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:08 pm

Now Libra, is the Dawn Knight the brother of Sun Lion or a copy of him Silver Age Superman-style?

Also, how did the Great Lion die again?

Certainly it would be a better world if bigotry were rewarded with a straightjacket and a padded cell more often. - Libra

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Libra » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:39 am

His golden boy (Sun Lion) killed him for trying to permanently keep him apart from his sister-wife (Star Lion); he effectively had to tear his soul to pieces in order to do it and Dawn Knight came into being when Sun Lion threw away the best part of his soul rather than endure an eternity in captivity with his conscience AND his family (Sun Lion knew he would be imprisoned with his siblings; he actually sort of liked the idea, since he actually LOVES both his siblings, whereas the other two love him but only tolerate one another).

To be precise Dawn Knight is basically the ghost of that Good Angel of Conscience that Sun Lion tore out of himself so that his better half could not torment him during long imprisonment - during which period Dawn Knight was a wandering spirit working to watch over the Chosen of the Great Lion as best he could with his spectacularly limited power.

Then Sun Lion was freed and both parties found that they were still tethered to one another; where the former went, The Dawn Knight was doomed to follow (they must at least be on the same planet).

As for the Golden Prince, he's an idiot but not quite a pushover (Neo-Concordian, remember?) and more to the point you have to get by Star Lion to hurt him and she could give Sekhmet a run for her money in the department of ferocity and population reduction; there's also at least a small chance that The Golden Prince could be taught to know better, although I grant you he'll test any paragon's patience.

Concerning Mr Carnae, he didn't so much lead The Celestial Lions to E-92 as draw them there by his mere presence; while he WAS planning out the world's corruption in advance he didn't actually PLAN for a pride of Neo-Concordians AND their terrifying power of servants and warships to show up - he was, however, entirely able to turn the situation to his own advantage in great part thanks to the TERROR The Lions inspired in the natives.

Charles, don't worry about being delayed - it happens to us all, especially when we and those we love have health problems - so please accept my renewed best wishes for your recovery and that of Mrs Phipps! :D
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Rule Brittania! Praise the Hoff and the Grin!

Warning!: May cause Thread Drift.

Voltron64
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Voltron64 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:29 am

Libra wrote:His golden boy (Sun Lion) killed him for trying to permanently keep him apart from his sister-wife (Star Lion); he effectively had to tear his soul to pieces in order to do it and Dawn Knight came into being when Sun Lion threw away the best part of his soul rather than endure an eternity in captivity with his conscience AND his family (Sun Lion knew he would be imprisoned with his siblings; he actually sort of liked the idea, since he actually LOVES both his siblings, whereas the other two love him but only tolerate one another).

To be precise Dawn Knight is basically the ghost of that Good Angel of Conscience that Sun Lion tore out of himself so that his better half could not torment him during long imprisonment - during which period Dawn Knight was a wandering spirit working to watch over the Chosen of the Great Lion as best he could with his spectacularly limited power.

Then Sun Lion was freed and both parties found that they were still tethered to one another; where the former went, The Dawn Knight was doomed to follow (they must at least be on the same planet).
Thus a duel between the good and evil halves is inevitable.
Libra wrote:As for the Golden Prince, he's an idiot but not quite a pushover (Neo-Concordian, remember?) and more to the point you have to get by Star Lion to hurt him and she could give Sekhmet a run for her money in the department of ferocity and population reduction; there's also at least a small chance that The Golden Prince could be taught to know better, although I grant you he'll test any paragon's patience.
Should we still expect this? :twisted:

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Libra » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:36 am

Golden Prince isn't even CLOSE to being either as EVIL or as much of a threat to your common-or-rooftop superhero as Darkseid's conscience, never mind the Big Bad of the DC Universe in person.
Thus a duel between the good and evil halves is inevitable.
Only if any nearby PCs lend Dawn Knight enough power to allow him to finally MAKE Sun Lion pay attention (with a clash between the two the inevitable consequence, albeit one with an uncertain outcome).
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Charles Phipps » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:38 am

Speaking of such duels, we'll have to see whether Mister Carnae kills Mister Arcane and the PCs take him down.

OR

Mister Arcane finally gets fed up with his **** and shows who is the REAL master of the mystic arts.

Voltron64
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Voltron64 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:03 am

I would like to ask if Mr. & Mrs. Cosmic are planning on turning Star Lion into a decorative rug? :twisted:

And are we talking Anthros or Thundarians appearance-wise for the Golden Lions?

Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Charles Phipps » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:05 am

Voltron64 wrote:I would like to ask if Mr. & Mrs. Cosmic are planning on turning Star Lion into a decorative rug? :twisted:

And are we talking Anthros or Thundarians appearance-wise for the Golden Lions?
I'm thinking Thundercats.

:mrgreen:

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Libra » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:15 am

I'm inclined to agree with Charles (on the whole - my only quibble is that The Hunchback is 'anthro' and suffering the consequences of being a bizarre mis-mash of man and lion; also that Circe is as human as her father and mother, as well as the fact that The Celestial Lions have access to a better costumier than Thundercats!).

Voltron, if I remember correctly Mrs Cosmic has detailed plans to do far, far worse to Star Lion than merely flay her corpse; Mr Cosmic on the other hand is feeling a bit less bloody-minded these days, although whether this slightly more relaxed attitude would survive the discovery that his daughter was subject to a shotgun wedding is an interesting question with a number of potentially interesting answers and almost as many 'interesting' ones.

Voltron64
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Voltron64 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:18 am

Libra wrote:Voltron, if I remember correctly Mrs Cosmic has detailed plans to do far, far worse to Star Lion than merely flay her corpse; Mr Cosmic on the other hand is feeling a bit less bloody-minded these days, although whether this slightly more relaxed attitude would survive the discovery that his daughter was subject to a shotgun wedding is an interesting question with a number of potentially interesting answers and almost as many 'interesting' ones.
This what they're thinking?

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Libra » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:44 am

Nothing quite so restrained and probably delivered in rather more desperate circumstances (working alone Mrs and Mr Cosmic aren't powerful enough to take down the Celestial Lions - the company they keep with The Outrageous Order means that any revenge has to be taken within the strict time constraints imposed by having the two extremes of Mercy and Relentlessness at work in the same team).

Voltron64
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Voltron64 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:48 am

Libra wrote:Nothing quite so restrained and probably delivered in rather more desperate circumstances (working alone Mrs and Mr Cosmic aren't powerful enough to take down the Celestial Lions - the company they keep with The Outrageous Order means that any revenge has to be taken within the strict time constraints imposed by having the two extremes of Mercy and Relentlessness at work in the same team).
Well, given what the Outrageous Order are prone to do...

Also, does the Hunchback have a jaded, snarky bodyguard as well? :wink:

Voltron64
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Voltron64 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:50 am

A thought I can't believe hadn't hit me earlier, I wonder if Queen Arachnia has ever encountered Scorpio and/or his mother?