J-Mart: Preparing for Relocation... :)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
scc
Zealot
Zealot

Re: J-Mart: Atlas, Corvus Glaive, Proxima Midnight, Supergia

Postby scc » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:16 pm

Great builds Thorp. Grant you I just started reading the series but not all of the side storylines. I loved that Thor moment too! Great stuff.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:25 pm

Another BLACK LIGHT SPECIAL hits the J-Mart shelves!

This guy is a DWARF?

Uh, boss, I believe his name is a reference to when a white dwarf no longer has enough energy to emit light and/or...

I don't have time for any facts, Dante! There's puns to be made!

BLACK DWARF
PL: 11 (122 pts) - OPL: 11 ; DPL: 11

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 12, STAMINA 12, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 7, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Athletics 5 (+17), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+10), Insight (+2), Intimidation 11 (+11/+12), Perception 2 (+4), Stealth (+1/-1)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Close Attack (1), Diehard, Great Endurance, Power Attack, Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Black Dwarf Size: Growth 2 (+2 Str, +2 Sta, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth, +1 Intimidation, Speed +0, +2 Mass; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 5 pts
Unbreakable Skin: Protection 3, Impervious 8, Immunity 6 (All Environmental, Pressure); 25 pts
Big Axe: 4 pts Traits, Easily Removable (-2 pts); 2 pts
Axe Slash: Slashing Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Dangerous, Reach [5 ft]); 4 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Close Attack +8 [Axe +14, Critical 19-20]
Unarmed +10 [Unarmed +12]
Ranged Attack +0

DEFENSES:
Dodge +5 [DC15] Parry +7 [DC17]
Toughness +15 (+8 Impervious), Fortitude +14, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Relationships: His brother, Corvus Glaive
Responsibility: To Thanos

Abilities 60 + Skills 10 (20 ranks) + Advantages 7 + Powers 32 + Defenses 13 = 122 / 122

Build Comments: Black Dwarf is the brick of the group, but he was also the least impressive, getting his ass handed to him by T’Challa. That’s not something to be ashamed of, but the rest of the Order got their healthy doses of New Villain Stink, so he looked like the left out kid.

Secret Origins:, The Story so Far:, Characterization: The massive stature and strength of Black Dwarf make him the wrecking ball of Thanos' lieutenants in the Black Order. He was sent to Wakanda as part of Thanos' invasion. However, his army was repelled by Wakandan technology and soldiers, and he himself eventually being defeated by Black Panther.

Black Dwarf has Super Strength and Super Dense, unbreakable skin. Although he personality appears the most normal he is much more at peace with oblivion than the other followers of Thanos.

Friends and Foes: Thanos and the Black Order.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:45 pm

Our last item in this BLACK LIGHT SPECIAL is fast becoming a J-Mart Favorite item!

Pure evil doesn't get much more creepy cool than this.

EBONY MAW
PL: 14 (235 pts) - OPL: 14 ; DPL: 13

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT 10, AWARENESS 8, PRESENCE 8

SKILLS: Athletics (+1), Deception 16 (+24) [Durable Lie, Skill Mastery, Taunt, Ultimate Effort], Expertise [Psychology] 12 (+22), Expertise [Science] 10 (+20), Insight 14 (+22) [Assessment], Intimidation 8 (+16), Perception 10 (+18), Persuasion 16 (+24) [Skill Mastery], Stealth (+2), Technology 10 (+20) Inventor

ADVANTAGES: Assessment, Defensive Roll (2), Durable Lie*, Extraordinary Effort, Inventor, Skill Mastery (2) (Deception, Persuasion), Speed of Thought*, Taunt, Ultimate Effort (1) (Deception), Uncanny Dodge

POWERS:
Black Tongues: Comprehend 4 (Read, Speak, Understand, Understood in All languages); 8 pts
The Unseen Voice: Concealment 10 (All Senses, Flaw: Check Required [Deception]); 5 pts
Mental Seduction: Perception Range Affliction 14 (Resisted/Overcome by Will; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Compelled, 3rd: Controlled, Extra: Cumulative, Effortless, Insidious, Subtle, Flaw: Check Required [Deception], Sense Dependent [Auditory]); 58 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +10
Close Attack +4 [Unarmed +1]
Ranged Attack +2

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +4 (+2 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +8, Will +18

COMPLICATIONS:
Motivation: Spreading mischief and chaos
Secret: He says he has no powers, but that, like most other things he says, seem to be a lie. So there is no telling what else he is not telling

Abilities 74 + Skills 48 (96 ranks) + Advantages 12 + Powers 71 + Defenses 30 = 235 / 235

Build Comments: Ebony Maw is wicked. Dude was able to possess Doctor Strange. That’s practically impossible the way I, and others, have him built (+16-18-ish Will seems to be the prevailing range), so you know he’s good. And he seemed to do it through manipulation, not just telepathic power. It was most impressive.

Secret Origins:, The Story so Far:, Characterization: Ebony Maw is probably the most dangerous of Thanos' lieutenants of the Black Order, not because of his physical power but his mental power. A seducer and manipulator, Ebony Maw is a psychological mastermind.

Friends and Foes: Thanos and the Black Order. For as long as it serves his interests.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:59 pm

Our Infinity run continues with this new item for Aisle 2!

Sometimes success...

...doesn't end up feeling like you thought it would...

OUTRIDERS
PL: 10 (148 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 6, STAMINA 8, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE -2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 4 (+10), Athletics 7 (+13), Close Combat [Unarmed] 4 (+12), Deception (-2), Insight 6 (+8), Intimidation (-2), Perception 8 (+10), Persuasion (-2), Stealth 7 (+13) [Accelerated Stealth, Hide in Plain Sight], Vehicles 2 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Accelerated Stealth*, Fearless, Hide in Plain Sight, Move-by Action, Tracking

POWERS:
Outrider Physiology: Speed 2 (8 mph/120 fpr), Leaping 1 (15 ft), Extra Limbs 2 (2 extra arms); 5 pts
Invisibility: Concealment 4 (All Visual); 8 pts
Intangibility: Insubstantial 4 (Extra: Precise); 21 pts
Tactile Mind Reading: Mind Reading 12 (Flaw: Range [Close], Limited [to when hands are intangible]); 8 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +8 [Tactile Mind Reading +12]
Unarmed +12 [Unarmed +6],
Ranged Attack +3

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +8, Fortitude +10, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Obsession: Death

Abilities 62 + Skills 19 (38 ranks) + Advantages 5 + Powers 42 + Defenses 20 = 148 / 148

Build Comments: Outriders are another new creation of Hickman for Infinity. They were sent throughout the galaxy by Thanos to search for information for him and one of them finally found what he was looking for; information on his last (allegedly) living child, who was on Earth.

Secret Origins:, Outriders are described as parasite assassins, genetically engineered to fulfill their mission holding four arms and the ability to phase through objects, be invisible and probe the minds of their targets. They are loyal and devoted and strive only for success who gladly accept the reward of death upon completion of their mission. They serve the Mad Titan Thanos.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: J-Mart: Supergiant, Black Dwarf, Ebony Maw

Postby kenmadragon » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:02 pm

Uh, Thorp? Ebony Maw's Deception is even higher than Loki's... Loki's. Sure he doesn't have the advantages Loki can use it with, but still. Is Ebony Maw really that good? Never actually seen him before your post, but if the dude can get past the good Doctor Strange's mental and emotional defenses without telepathic means... Loki has some serious competition for the Best Liar Ever title in Ebony Maw...

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Postby Gazman » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:29 pm

I haven't been reading Infinity in part because I don't pull monthlies and in part because I'm a little sick of giant "events" every six seconds. But your builds of the badasses running around its pages is perking up my interest. I like the range of powers you've presented. Ebony Maw looks especially scary and creepy with that face and those deception/affliction ranks.

Sidious
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Sidious » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:24 pm

wish they would go back to keeping these big crossovers to Annuals. I'm pretty sure that if I don't pick up a title that has a part of the crossover normally. I'm not going to pick it up when the crossover happens.
Live fast. Love hard. Die with your mask on.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:39 pm

Sidious wrote:wish they would go back to keeping these big crossovers to Annuals. I'm pretty sure that if I don't pick up a title that has a part of the crossover normally. I'm not going to pick it up when the crossover happens.

I tend to agree. Lately I've just been picking up the trades of the big events because getting them along with my growing list of monthlies is cost prohibitive. But I had been working through Avengers and New Avengers for sooooooooooooooo long waiting for a payoff, I had to do it. I love Green Lantern and X-Men, but Lights Out, Battle for the Atom and perhaps at some point, Forever Evil even, will just have to wait.

kenmadragon wrote:Uh, Thorp? Ebony Maw's Deception is even higher than Loki's... Loki's. Sure he doesn't have the advantages Loki can use it with, but still. Is Ebony Maw really that good? Never actually seen him before your post, but if the dude can get past the good Doctor Strange's mental and emotional defenses without telepathic means... Loki has some serious competition for the Best Liar Ever title in Ebony Maw...

And yes...yes he is that good. :twisted:

In canon, would he be a better liar than Loki? Nope. In game terms, in order to be able to fully control Doctor Strange who most us have statted with at least a +15 Will, with his words? He HAS to be. He got the Doctor to summon Shuma Gorath WITH the Ancient One making a psychic cameo to get him to stop. It's New Villain Stink for sure, but still, his Deception has be sky high to get that job done in the Thorpacoverse without giving out tons of HP to the Doc.

Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:39 pm

Welcome Boys and Ghouls to HALLOWEEN WEEK J-Mart! We've got some scary, scary stuff to put on the shelves the next couple of days and tonight we're dropping two of the scariest builds we've ever dared pull from our cauldron!

I fear nothing and no one. Not even you -- the biggest and worst bully of all, the one who shattered my confidence and buried the pieces in that dark pit of madness -- locked me fast in the grim stone of Arkham. But I'm out now! Risen again! And I am a strong-willed, single-minded, bat-hating machine! I've spent years honing my violent dance -- endless hours mastering the Crane styl of martial arts. I am a new Scarecrow -- the invincible agent of your doom... I am the vengeance reaper! - Jonathan Crane

SCARECROW (JONATHAN CRANE)
PL: 10 (186 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 9

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 4, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Athletics (+1), Deception 8 (+12), Expertise [Chemistry] 9 (+13), Expertise [Fear] 16 (+20), Expertise [Psychology] 11 (+15), Insight 9 (+13), Intimidation 9 (+13) [Fascinate. Startle], Perception 4 (+8), Persuasion 3 (+7), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 6 (+8), Sleight of Hand 9 (+11), Stealth 6 (+9), Technology 6 (+10)

ADVANTAGES: Close Attack (2), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (3), Equipment (8), Fascinate (1) (Intimidation), Improved Initiative (1), Improved Trip, Move-by Action, Startle

POWERS:
Fear of Nothing: Immunity 5 (Emotion Effects); 5 pts
Fear Gas Array: 61 pts Traits, Easily Removable (-24 pts); 37 pts
Fear Toxin Spray: Cloud Area Cumulative Progressive Affliction 10 (Resisted by Will; 1st: Dazed and Vulnerable, 2nd: Stunned and Defenseless, 3rd: Paralyzed and Unaware, Extra: Cloud Area [15 ft radius], Extra Condition); 60 pts
Fear Toxin Bomb: Burst Area Cumulative Progressive Affliction 10 (Resisted by Will; 1st: Dazed and Vulnerable, 2nd: Stunned and Defenseless, 3rd: Paralyzed and Unaware, Extra: Area Burst [30 ft radius], Extra Condition); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(5 pts)
Scythe: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 3, Reach [5 ft], Tripping; 5 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Close Attack +12 [Unarmed +1; Scythe +4, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +2
Throwing +8
Special Attack [Fear Toxin Spray +9, Cloud Area; Fear Toxin Bomb +9, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +11 [DC21] Parry +13 [DC23]
Toughness +5 (+2 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +11

COMPLICATIONS:
Addiction: He is addicted to fear and the only thing that still scares him is Batman so he seeks him out on a regular basis
Mental Instability: Crane's mental state is constantly in flux, one of the manifestations is his propensity to speak in nursery rhymes
Rivalry: That “other” Scarecrow

Abilities 60 + Skills 48 (96 ranks) + Advantages 12 + Powers 42 + Defenses 24 = 186 / 186

Build Comments: I wasn’t a Scarecrow guy at first but as the years have gone on, I’ve grown to really like him as a villain. And with the best thing about 3E, the Affliction power options, you can give him lots of options without a lot of work.

Secret Origins: Unloved by his mother and abandoned by his father, Crane lived mostly with his grandmother, who was a religious zealot. Whenever Crane would do something she disapproved of, she would lock him in a church, where he would be attacked by crows. At school, he was also picked on, due to his skinny body and long extremities. One day, Crane secretly watched his grandmother, who was preparing the suit he was forced to wear when he was sent into the church. He learned how she managed to get all the crows to attack. Later, he snuck into the room his grandmother had strictly forbidden him to enter. He found a library. Without his grandmother's knowledge, he learned all he could about all types of sciences, particularly chemistry. He developed his own version of the mixture his grandmother had used to attract the crows. He tested it out on one of the bullies at school. He was attacked by birds, and half blinded. When he realized Crane's involvement, he beat him up again, leading him to develop stronger chemicals. Eventually, Scarecrow killed his grandmother.

When Crane was in high-school, he was still being mocked. In addition to being called Scarecrow, he was compared to Ichabod Crane. Eventually, Crane had had enough. Fueled with the fury at having been rejected by a girl named Sherry Squires and having put up with the torment most of his childhood, he dressed as a scarecrow and took a gun to the senior prom, brandishing it in the parking lot. He frightened a car driven by Bo Griggs, the leader of the bullies, off the road, leaving Griggs paralyzed from the waist down and his girlfriend - Squires - dead.

Crane finds that he takes tremendous pleasure in scaring people, literally to their deaths. He moves on to become a psychology professor at Gotham University but gets fired from his position for harming a student during a demonstration of his theories. He chooses to take the persona of the Scarecrow and use the emotion of fear as his main weapon to take vengeance on those responsible for his dismissal from the university. The Scarecrow leaves straws as a calling card much like the Joker's playing card. He later becomes a mentor to a young Thomas Elliot.

The Story so Far: The deaths of the Gotham University dean and four regents earned Crane the attention of Gotham City's newest guardian - the Batman. Batman, working alongside the recently promoted police captain James Gordon, investigated the case and fought with the Scarecrow. Crane was apprehended and sent to Arkham Asylum. The Scarecrow was soon recruited into a gang of super-villains led by Two-Face to battle Carmine Falcone's criminal empire. The group was also responsible for the Columbus Day Massacre of Gotham's mob bosses. The team disbanded after a battle with The Hangman and the battle at the Batcave with the newly-formed Dynamic Duo, Batman and Robin.

A psychopathic sadist, the Scarecrow was one of the many criminals in Gotham City to be confined to Arkham Asylum whenever Batman apprehended him. Ironically, the Scarecrow had a phobia of birds, possibly due to an attack by birds as a child, although he has been shown occasionally as having a pet crow named Craw.

Characterization: The Scarecrow is an expert in psychology, with a focus on fear, and is a former certified professor on the subject. Due to prolonged exposure to his own gas, Scarecrow went from being frightened of bats to only being frightened of Batman. Scarecrow is both addicted to fear and incapable of fearing anything except Batman, whom he compulsively seeks in order to ease his addiction after the Caped Crusader's apparent death.

Friends and Foes: Crane works alone but has allied with other Gotham villains from time to time. And he longs to battle Batman as that’s the only thing that scares him anymore.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:02 pm

Nice Scarecrow build. On the subject of Hallowe'en though I actually have decided to put together a costume. It's rather simple though. It involves a black silk suit, an angelic rune painted on my head, a blackened silver coin, and a hangman's noose in place of a tie. And of course, an evil smile. I'm sure you know who I'm gonna be for Hallowe'en, Thorp... :twisted: (And wondering whether you have ever thought of adding him to the J-Mart shelves).

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:04 pm

Our HALLOWEEN WEEK SPECIALS continue with this companion item to our last stocked item! Remember, you have nothing to fear but fear itself...

And copied gimmicks. :wink:

I've seen that look somewhere before but I can't place it...

...oh, wait, there it is...

SCARECROW (EBENEZER LAUGHTON)
PL: 9 (163 pts) - OPL: 9 ; DPL: 9

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 6, STAMINA 7, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 6, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Athletics 4 (+10), Deception 3 (+7), Expertise [Fear] 9 (+10), Expertise [Criminal] 4 (+5), Insight (+2), Intimidation 7 (+11) [Fascinate, Startle], Perception (+2), Persuasion (+4), Sleight of Hand 6 (+12), Stealth 5 (+11)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Diehard, Fascinate (1) (Intimidation), Move-by Action, Startle

POWERS:
Murder of Crows: Summon 2 (30 pt Minion, Murder of Crows; Active, Controlled); 8 pts
Unholy Physique: Speed 1 (4 mph/60 fpr), Leaping 1 (15 ft); 2 pts
Feeding on Fear: Regeneration 10 (1/every round, Flaw: Limited [requires fear]); 5 pts
Fear Aura: Burst Area Affliction 9 (Resisted by Will; 1st: Dazed and Vulnerable, 2nd: Stunned and Defenseless, 3rd: Paralyzed and Unaware, Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Extra Condition); 27 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(5 pts)
Pitchfork: Piercing Strength-based Damage 2, Dangerous, Disarming, Reach (5 ft); 5 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +6; Pitchfork +8, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +6
Special Attack [Fear Affliction +9, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +11 [DC21] Parry +11 [DC21]
Toughness +7, Fortitude +9, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Captain America.
Mental Instability: Ebenezer has died, gone to Hell, come back, died again and come back again. This has shattered his already fragile psyche, making him extremely mentally unstable.
Obsession: Fear.

Abilities 84 + Skills 19 (38 ranks) + Advantages 5 + Powers 42 + Defenses 13 = 163 / 163

Build Comments: I don’t think I had ever seen the Marvel Scarecrow until someone built him in 2E. Since I am feeling all Halloweeny, I figured I might as well whip him up.

PL9 felt about right for him. He’s given Spidey and Cap some decent fights at times, but he’s not the type to actually win. His Fear Aura I made the same as Jonathan Crane’s but he’s a better fighter. I might have to let him and Crane go at it to see who is the REAL Scarecrow of the Thorpacoverse.

Secret Origins: Raised by an alcoholic mother who beat him viciously, Ebenezer Laughton would be rewarded afterwards when his mother's guilt drove her to give him presents. Learning that rewards followed punishment, Ebenezer began deliberately misbehaving to receive beatings.

Ebenezer Laughton was a naturally flexible, lithe, double-jointed youth who saw a “rubber man" perform at a revival of the traveling carnivals and became obsessed with emulating him. Training himself almost incessantly, Laughton learned to twist and bend his body into numerous unusual positions and perform various acrobatic stunts. Growing into a socially stunted young man, the abnormally flexible and agile Ebenezer worked as sideshow "rubberman" Umberto the Uncanny. A brief audition of his abilities gained him a job at a live variety show.

During one of his performances, Iron Man entered the theater in pursuit of a criminal whom he observed robbing the ticket vendor outside. Seeking publicity, Laughton stopped the thief with a simple acrobatic move. As Iron Man carried the criminal away, Laughton realized the criminal potential of his abilities. Laughton stole a flock of trained birds from a fellow performer to assist him in his new costumed criminal guise as the Scarecrow.

The Story so Far: After defeats at the hands of Iron Man and Spider-Man, Scarecrow took part in the unsuccessful mass super-villain attack on the wedding of Reed and Sue Richards. Next, he joined the Maggia under Count Nefaria, battling the X-Men alongside Eel, Plantman, Porcupine and Unicorn.

The Cowled Commander later had Scarecrow and his partners spread chaos to emphasize the need for a stronger police force, but they were defeated by Captain America and Falcon, sparking his obsessive hatred of the Captain. Placed in solitary confinement for nearly a year after another unsuccessful clash with Captain America, the already unstable Scarecrow snapped. Upon escaping, he went on a killing spree until Captain America captured him. Imprisoned in the Vault, where Hawkeye and Iron Man recaptured him during a mass breakout, Scarecrow eventually escaped and committed further serial slayings, seeking to "free the fear" within his victims, but he was defeated by Ghost Rider (Dan Ketch). Left for dead, Scarecrow was rescued by the shadowy organization the Firm, who instilled in him the ability to feed off fear, after which he again battled Captain America.

Dying in another battle with Ghost Rider, Scarecrow was resurrected by the demon Blackheart, who sent Ebenezer's bodiless spirit to possess the dead body of Barbara Ketch, sister of Ghost Rider's human host. Following a harrowing battle, Scarecrow's soul was once again cast into Hell. Somehow returning to physical life, Scarecrow battled the Falcon before being sent to the Raft super-prison, where he escaped during a recent massive breakout.

Scarecrow was among the army of villains recruited by Zemo and his Thunderbolts to serve as "hero-hunters" during the events of the Civil War.

He was later part of Hood's criminal army but was incarcerated along the other villains after the Siege at Asgard.

Characterization: Laughton is a complete psychopath, obsessed with fear and killing victims to “free the fear inside them”.

Friends and Foes: He has a great hatred for Captain America.

Here's the crow swarm I whipped up that he can summon:

MURDER OF CROWS
PL: 6 (28 pts) - OPL: 6 ; DPL: 6

ABILITIES: STRENGTH --, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 0, INTELLECT --, AWARENESS 0, PRESENCE -3

SKILLS: Athletics (-5), Close Combat [Flock Attacks] 10 (+10), Deception (-3), Insight (0), Intimidation (-3), Persuasion (-3), Stealth (+2)

ADVANTAGES: NONE

POWERS:
Flock Form: Insubstantial 2 (Extra: Permanent, Innate, Quirk: Limited by size of individual components), Flight 3 (16 mph); 11 pts
Murder Attacks: 12 pt Array; 14 pts
Mass Distraction: Burst Area Affliction 6 (Resisted/Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Impaired, 2nd: Disabled, Extra: Area Burst [30 ft radius], Duration [Concentration], Flaw: Limited to two degrees); 12 pts
Focused Peck: Multiattack Piercing Damage 2 (Extra: Multiattack, Duration [Concentration]); 1 pt
Pecked to Death: Burst Area Piercing Damage 2 (Extra: Area Burst [30 ft radius], Duration [Concentration]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +0 [Unarmed --]
Flock Attacks +10 [Focused Peck +2, Multiattack]
Ranged Attack +0
Special Attack [Mass Distraction Affliction +6, Area Burst; Peck to Death +2, Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +6 [DC16]
Toughness +2 (+2 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +4, Will Immune

COMPLICATIONS:
NONE

Abilities -18 + Skills 5 (10 ranks) + Advantages 0 + Powers 25 + Defenses 16 = 28 / 28
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Wyld0007
Henchman
Henchman

Re: 1050

Postby Wyld0007 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:29 am

Thorpacolypse wrote:Welcome Boys and Ghouls to HALLOWEEN WEEK J-Mart! We've got some scary, scary stuff to put on the shelves the next couple of days and tonight we're dropping two of the scariest builds we've ever dared pull from our cauldron!

I fear nothing and no one. Not even you -- the biggest and worst bully of all, the one who shattered my confidence and buried the pieces in that dark pit of madness -- locked me fast in the grim stone of Arkham. But I'm out now! Risen again! And I am a strong-willed, single-minded, bat-hating machine! I've spent years honing my violent dance -- endless hours mastering the Crane styl of martial arts. I am a new Scarecrow -- the invincible agent of your doom... I am the vengeance reaper! - Jonathan Crane

SCARECROW (JONATHAN CRANE)
PL: 9 (182 pts) - OPL: 9 ; DPL: 9

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 4, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Athletics (+1), Deception 8 (+12), Expertise [Fear] 15 (+19), Expertise [Psychology] 11 (+15), Insight 9 (+13), Intimidation 9 (+13) [Fascinate. Startle], Perception 4 (+8), Persuasion 3 (+7), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 6 (+8), Sleight of Hand 9 (+11), Stealth 6 (+9), Technology 6 (+10)

ADVANTAGES: Close Attack (4), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (3), Equipment (8), Fascinate (1) (Intimidation), Improved Initiative (1), Improved Trip, Move-by Action, Startle

POWERS:
Fear of Nothing: Immunity 5 (Emotion Effects); 5 pts
Fear Gas Array: 55 pts Traits, Easily Removable (-22 pts); 33 pts
Fear Toxin Spray: Cumulative Progressive Cloud Area Affliction 9 (Resisted by Will; 1st: Dazed and Vulnerable, 2nd: Stunned and Defenseless, 3rd: Paralyzed and Unaware, Extra: Area Cloud [15 ft], Cumulate, Progressive, Extra Condition); 54 pts
Fear Toxin Bomb: Cumulative Progressive Burst Area Affliction 9 (Resisted by Will; 1st: Dazed and Vulnerable, 2nd: Stunned and Defenseless, 3rd: Paralyzed and Unaware, Extra: Area Burst [30 ft], Cumulate, Progressive, Extra Condition); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(5 pts)
Scythe: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 3, Reach [5 ft.], Tripping; 5 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Close Attack +12 [Unarmed +1; Scythe +4, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +2
Throwing +8
Special Attack [Fear Toxin Spray +9, Area Cone; Fear Toxin Bomb +9, Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +13 [DC23]
Toughness +5 (+2 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +11

COMPLICATIONS:
Addiction: He is addicted to fear and the only thing that still scares him is Batman so he seeks him out on a regular basis
Mental Instability: Crane's mental state is constantly in flux, one of the manifestations is his propensity to speak in nursery rhymes
Rivalry: That “other” Scarecrow

Abilities 56 + Skills 43 (86 ranks) + Advantages 14 + Powers 38 + Defenses 24 = 175 / 175

Build Comments: I wasn’t a Scarecrow guy at first but as the years have gone on, I’ve grown to really like him as a villain. And with the best thing about 3E, the Affliction power options, you can give him lots of options without a lot of work.

Secret Origins: Unloved by his mother and abandoned by his father, Crane lived mostly with his grandmother, who was a religious zealot. Whenever Crane would do something she disapproved of, she would lock him in a church, where he would be attacked by crows. At school, he was also picked on, due to his skinny body and long extremities. One day, Crane secretly watched his grandmother, who was preparing the suit he was forced to wear when he was sent into the church. He learned how she managed to get all the crows to attack. Later, he snuck into the room his grandmother had strictly forbidden him to enter. He found a library. Without his grandmother's knowledge, he learned all he could about all types of sciences, particularly chemistry. He developed his own version of the mixture his grandmother had used to attract the crows. He tested it out on one of the bullies at school. He was attacked by birds, and half blinded. When he realized Crane's involvement, he beat him up again, leading him to develop stronger chemicals. Eventually, Scarecrow killed his grandmother.

When Crane was in high-school, he was still being mocked. In addition to being called Scarecrow, he was compared to Ichabod Crane. Eventually, Crane had had enough. Fueled with the fury at having been rejected by a girl named Sherry Squires and having put up with the torment most of his childhood, he dressed as a scarecrow and took a gun to the senior prom, brandishing it in the parking lot. He frightened a car driven by Bo Griggs, the leader of the bullies, off the road, leaving Griggs paralyzed from the waist down and his girlfriend - Squires - dead.

Crane finds that he takes tremendous pleasure in scaring people, literally to their deaths. He moves on to become a psychology professor at Gotham University but gets fired from his position for harming a student during a demonstration of his theories. He chooses to take the persona of the Scarecrow and use the emotion of fear as his main weapon to take vengeance on those responsible for his dismissal from the university. The Scarecrow leaves straws as a calling card much like the Joker's playing card. He later becomes a mentor to a young Thomas Elliot.

The Story so Far: The deaths of the Gotham University dean and four regents earned Crane the attention of Gotham City's newest guardian - the Batman. Batman, working alongside the recently promoted police captain James Gordon, investigated the case and fought with the Scarecrow. Crane was apprehended and sent to Arkham Asylum. The Scarecrow was soon recruited into a gang of super-villains led by Two-Face to battle Carmine Falcone's criminal empire. The group was also responsible for the Columbus Day Massacre of Gotham's mob bosses. The team disbanded after a battle with The Hangman and the battle at the Batcave with the newly-formed Dynamic Duo, Batman and Robin.

A psychopathic sadist, the Scarecrow was one of the many criminals in Gotham City to be confined to Arkham Asylum whenever Batman apprehended him. Ironically, the Scarecrow had a phobia of birds, possibly due to an attack by birds as a child, although he has been shown occasionally as having a pet crow named Craw.

Characterization: The Scarecrow is an expert in psychology, with a focus on fear, and is a former certified professor on the subject. Due to prolonged exposure to his own gas, Scarecrow went from being frightened of bats to only being frightened of Batman. Scarecrow is both addicted to fear and incapable of fearing anything except Batman, whom he compulsively seeks in order to ease his addiction after the Caped Crusader's apparent death.

Friends and Foes: Crane works alone but has allied with other Gotham villains from time to time. And he longs to battle Batman as that’s the only thing that scares him anymore.

wicked, wicked Scarecrow. gonna steal a couple of mechanics for my Scarecrow but something i did have that is missing on yours is a expertise: chemistry or even science for his fear toxins and stuff.

anyways keep up the excellent work as always. and can't wait to see some more of the Halloween motif builds. maybe even a power-leveled Nekron? or Neron? instead of PLX? that would be cool :lol:

just sayin!!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: 1050

Postby Thorpacolypse » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:32 pm

Wyld0007 wrote:wicked, wicked Scarecrow. gonna steal a couple of mechanics for my Scarecrow but something i did have that is missing on yours is a expertise: chemistry or even science for his fear toxins and stuff.

anyways keep up the excellent work as always. and can't wait to see some more of the Halloween motif builds. maybe even a power-leveled Nekron? or Neron? instead of PLX? that would be cool :lol:

just sayin!!

Good thought on the Expertise. Does seem like an oversight. I'll throw that in.

Hmmmm....Nekron at like PL20 (to be even with Galactus because...well, that's what I want to do :wink: ) has been on my list, although since we're running out of time until tomorrow, I doubt I get it done by then. But consider them on the short list. I don't think Neron has done that much more stuff than Mephisto and he's been statted by several folks here on the Tank, so I will throw him in, too.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:52 pm

HALLOWEEN WEEK continues here at J-Mart with this new BARK AT THE MOON SPECIAL!

You're not about to be arrested. Not going to be so lucky. No clever lawyer going to get you off this time. No lenient judge going to just slap your wrist. I know how it works; been there as a kid. The words came out for the first time and I felt the weight lessen. The fear that filled his eyes made the burden even lighter. Sure, this jerk wasn't the sicko that dragged me into that abandoned building years ago. Different stripe, same breed. Close enough for The Beast. - Jacob Russoff

WEREWOLF BY NIGHT
PL: 10 (150 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3 [6], STAMINA 3 [6], AGILITY 2 [5], DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 8 [12], INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+6/+13), Deception 3 (+5), Expertise [Magic] 5 (+7), Insight 4 (+7), Intimidation (+2/+6), Investigation 3 (+5), Perception 7 (+10), Persuasion (+2), Stealth 3 (+5/+12)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Diehard, Great Endurance, Improved Critical [Claws/Teeth], Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Power Attack, Takedown

POWERS:
Curse of the Werewolf: Feature 1 (Longevity), Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds); 3 pts
Werewolf Physiology: Enhanced Strength 3, Enhanced Stamina 3, Enhanced Agility 3, Enhanced Fighting 4, Enhanced Regeneration 3 (1/every other round [stacked with base Regeneration]; 29 pts
Werewolf Hide: Feature 1 (Insulating Fur), Protection 2; 3 pts
Werewolf Enhanced Abilities: Enhanced Advantages 7 (All-Out Attack, Diehard, Great Endurance, Improved Critical [Claws/Teeth], Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Takedown), Enhanced Skills 6 (Athletic 4 ranks, Intimidation 4 ranks, Stealth 4 ranks); 13 pts
Werewolf Movement: Speed 3 (16 mph/250 fpr), Leaping 1 (15 mph); 4 pts
Werewolf Senses: Senses 9 (Low-light Vision, Normal Hearing [Extended], Scent [Acute, Extended, Ranged, Tracking], Ultrahearing, Detect Physical State [Scent; Acute]); 9 pts
Claws and Teeth: Slashing/Piercing Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Variable Descriptor [Piercing/Slashing], Split [Claws]); 4 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2 (+9 in Werewolf form)
Close Attack +8 [Unarmed +3]
Werewolf Form Close Attack +12 [Unarmed +6; Claws/Teeth +8, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +5

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 (+12 in Werewolf Form) [DC18/22] Parry +8 (+12 in Werewolf Form) [DC18/22]
Toughness +3 (+8 in Werewolf Form), Fortitude +8 (+11 in Werewolf form), Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Involuntary Transformation: Jacob has learned to control his transformations over time, but during the full moon, he becomes a total beast and has to take precautions to avoid endangering the public at large.
Power Loss: Jacob loses his regeneration against Silver weapons and certain magical effects.
Reputation: The Werewolf has a reputation for being a feral, uncontrollable beast, despite Jacob's best intentions.

Abilities 50 + Skills 14 (28 ranks) + Advantages 4 + Powers 65 + Defenses 17 = 150 / 150

Build Comments: You have to have a werewolf if you’re doing a Halloween run and Werewolf by Night is the first one to come to my mind since I am a comic geek through and through.

Once you get past the corny Jack Russell thing, which really wasn’t the writers’ major fault at the time, the terrier breed didn’t get really popular until the 90’s and that was mainly because of screen dogs like Eddie in Frasier, he’s not a bad character. He’s the standard “cursed man” character but he’s used sparingly enough these days where it retains its charm.

And I figure that since vampires are slowly getting played out, werewolves will rise up to take their spot. Twilight has certainly helped and Teen Wolf and the new Nickelodeon show (of which the name escapes me and I refuse to Google) are doing well so I see the werewolf brand continuing to grow.

Secret Origins: Jacob Russoff was the elder of two children sired by Gregory Russoff, a Transylvanian baron and scholar. Russoff's ancestor Grigori first brought lycanthropy upon the family when in 1795 he tried to rescue his wife, Louisa, from the vampire-king Vlad Dracula and was bitten by a female werewolf. Because his children were born before that event, Grigori's descendants did not immediately become werewolves themselves; however, the curse on the Russoff family only needed a catalyst to trigger it. In the mid 1950s Gregory Russoff, great-great-grandson of Grigori, acquired a copy of the Darkhold, which includes the secret origin of lycanthropy. By reading that passage, Gregory activated the curse and became a werewolf. He sent his wife, Laura, to her native America with their children for their own protection. Gregory was eventually killed by an angry mob.

Laura Russoff married again, to a man named Russell. Jacob Russoff became Jack Russell, and with his sister Lissa was raised in Los Angeles. When he turned 18, the curse struck him in turn and he became a werewolf.

The Story so Far: For about two years, Russell became a werewolf by night during the full moon. He took precautions to lock himself up, but sometimes the wolf escaped. During that time, he never took a human life, although several of the persons he encountered were scarred or crippled. Mysterious beings known as "The Three Who Are All" partially lifted Russell's curse: he could change shape voluntarily at any time and retain his human intellect while in werewolf form. He became an occasional crimefighter, once encountering Iron Man in New York and Harry Dresden in Chicago. Unfortunately, the curse still applied on nights of the full moon, when the wolf's mind supplanted Russell's. He designed a virtually escape-proof cell for those times.

Russell worked with Dr. Karl Malus, a medical researcher in L.A., to solve his problem. Malus instead used an experimental machine to subvert his will. Spider-Woman helped him escape, but a month later, he found that Malus's treatments had unintended consequences. He lost control over his transformations, and his werewolf form became even more lupine, with longer ears and snout, curved spine, and canine legs.

A devil-worshipping cult led by Schuyler Belial tried to capture Russell for use in a satanic ritual. If they sacrificed a werewolf and transfused his blood with theirs, they believed they would become werewolves themselves. For almost a year he fled from the cult. With help from Moon Knight, Russell finally confronted the cultists, and several of them died in the melee.

Returning to Los Angeles, Russell found that his werewolf side was becoming stronger each month. He contacted Dr. Michael Morbius for help, but he escaped and had to be subdued by the West Coast Avengers.

With more control of himself, he joined Dr. Michael Morbius's new team, the Midnight Sons. He has since separated from the group and remains a reluctant adventurer, though, hoping that one day he can lift the curse.

Characterization: Jacob is a tortured man who desperately wants to end his family curse and lead a normal life, but a cure has eluded him. He is resigned to his curse and wants to use it for the greater good whenever he can.

Friends and Foes: He has many allies in the mystical community but seems to be closest to Elsa Bloodstone and Eva, the Daughter of Dracula. He has had romantic relationships with both. He also has a friendship, and rivalry with Moon Knight.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: J-Mart: HALLOWEEN WEEK! - Scarecrow x2, Werewolf, Frank

Postby kenmadragon » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:03 pm

Gotta love a good ol' fashioned werewolf! Even "By Night"!

Return to “Roll Call”