World of Freedom: FC Setting Builds....

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: World of Freedom: Ready to Play Builds

Post by Tattooedman » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:09 pm

Earth-Two_Kenn wrote:On the plus side, if inexperienced players try playing Zan and Jayna, they should actually capture the feeling of their original Superfriends incarnations. :wink:
I have to admit that your idea there sounds greatly entertaining. :twisted: :wink:
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

R2P Zauriel

Post by Tattooedman » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:11 pm

M&M 3E Ready To Play Build
Degree of Player Difficulty: (Novice/Experienced/Advanced)
Degree of GM Difficulty: (Novice/Experienced/Advanced)
Zauriel:
PL:
10 [150 pp]

Strength 5
Stamina 5
Agility 3
Dexterity 3
Fighting 5
Intellect 2
Awareness 4
Presence 4

Skills: Acrobatics 2 (+5), Expertise [Magic] 7 (+9), Expertise [Religion & Theology] 9 (+11), Insight 6 (+10), Perception 6 (+10), Stealth 6 (+9)

Advantages: Close Attack 5, Defensive Roll 3, Fearless, Inspire 2, Leadership, Move-By Action, Power Attack, Ritualist, Teamwork, Weapon Bind

Powers: Member of the Eagle Host: Immunity 11 [Aging, Life Support]
Angelic Over-Mind:
Comprehend 2 [Speak & Understand all Human Languages]
Senses 4 [Detect (Good/Evil: Analytical, Radius, Ranged)]
Angel’s Wings: Flight 5 (Flaw: Winged)
Sonic Flash: Damage 8 (Extra: Area [Cone]); (Flaw: Unreliable [5 uses])

Sword of Michael (Easily Removable –6 pts) [9 pp] (Feature: Restricted 1 [Guardian Angels])
Holy Fire Blade: Holy Damage 10 (Feats: Affects Insubstantial 2, Improved Critical 2, Variable Descriptor [Fire])

Offense: Initiative +3
Melee Attack +10
Ranged Attack +3

Defense: Dodge +8
Parry +8
Toughness +8*/+5 [*Defensive Roll]
Fortitude +9
Will +9

Costs: Abilities 62+ Skills 12+ Advantages 17+ Powers 42+ Defenses 17= 150 pts.

Complications:
Doesn‘t Quite Get Things: Depsite having watched over the people of Earth since the beginning of time, Zauriel sometimes doesn’t understand the interactions between people and this can create awkward situations.

Heaven‘s Agent On Earth: From time to time Zauriel will be given a mission from the King Angel of the Eagle Host, sometimes this will put him at cross purposes with other heroes.

Weakness: Zauriel suffers double damage from the Sonic Flash of other angels.

Weakness: As an angel, Zauriel suffers an extra degree of damage from unholy based attacks.

:arrow: Let me ask the GMs out there a question; have you ever had that one player bring you a character that had a set of odd powers cobbled together? Well that’s pretty much how I see Zauriel built as a PL 10. He’s got wings for flying, a flaming sword to hit foes with, a sometimes used sonic scream-like attack, can detect good/evil in those around him, speak & understand any language and isn’t worried about most human frailties. That’s pretty much an odd assortment of powers really that aren‘t all that useful too often aside from the obvious few.

:arrow: But a couple of his advantages let him be really helpful to his team, with a few ranks in Inspire along with Teamwork Zauriel can help a group kick some butt easily enough. Otherwise Zauriel is pretty much a melee fighter with some options to him that aren’t all too unusual for a character to have – I’m looking specifically at his Holy descriptor on the Sword of Michael here. Playing Zauriel is more about making the most of his holy descriptor and his magical knowledge when the GM calls for such things during game play.

-- Chiun

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Post by Spectrum » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:25 am

I like the builds that I've had a chance to glance over.

I'm curious though, anything that you can think of that would be on complete opposite ends of the scale of player vs gm complexity?

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: R2P Bloodwynd

Post by Arkrite » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:38 am

Tattooedman wrote:Well doom on him thanks to my character’s ritual, not only did he not turn her the space vamp didn’t get any of her powers either (which had been a big part of the GM’s plan for the villain’s fight against us).
I'd forgotten all about that. Nothing quite like seeing the big bad's whole plan blow up in his own face, is ther? ;~)
That was fun little game but the cast was just so huuuge. And I'm not talking about the NPCs.

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:03 am

Spectrum wrote:I like the builds that I've had a chance to glance over.

I'm curious though, anything that you can think of that would be on complete opposite ends of the scale of player vs gm complexity?
Honestly I've been thinking about reassessing the difficulty levels of the builds, as I originally thought they would apply in 3E but many of the changes made in between editions have altered how I view power sets.

-- Chiun

TheManagement
Henchman
Henchman

Post by TheManagement » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:28 am

Just discovered this threat. FANTASTIC work!!! I've got a lot of reading to do, but this seems like it's going to be a fantastic resource.
Thank you,
TheManagement

Psistrike
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Psistrike » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:30 pm

Just curious but when you get back around to World of Freedom builds, how will you incorporate the Arcadian Academy from Emerald City with your existing Arcadian Academy in Arcadia? Make it a branch school of the Arcadia school, separate but with same name or something else? :)

Oh, and I noticed you Jayna's Variable power has the same note as Jace, instead of stating she can take on animal forms.

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:56 pm

TheManagement wrote:Just discovered this threat. FANTASTIC work!!! I've got a lot of reading to do, but this seems like it's going to be a fantastic resource.
Thank you, hope you enjoy it. If you care to use any of the builds feel free, it's part of why I share them here.

Psistrike wrote:Just curious but when you get back around to World of Freedom builds, how will you incorporate the Arcadian Academy from Emerald City with your existing Arcadian Academy in Arcadia? Make it a branch school of the Arcadia school, separate but with same name or something else? :)
Hmmmm, good question. I'll have to dig through my copy of Emerald City (just got it a couple days ago but haven't had the time to really go through it yet, so far I've only crusied through the villains section) and see what they've got on there Arcadian Academy.
Psistrike wrote:Oh, and I noticed you Jayna's Variable power has the same note as Jace, instead of stating she can take on animal forms.
~sigh~ knew I forgot something when I did her build. Thanks for pointing that typo out, it's fixed now.

-- Chiun

TheManagement
Henchman
Henchman

Post by TheManagement » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:13 pm

I'm sure I will be using these builds and/or variations of them. I'm a big fan of universe hopping, and my characters tend to bounce all over. They've helped Detective Chimp solve mysteries, helped Superman on an intergalactic mission, teamed up with the LoSH, aided Thor in repelling an invasion of Darkseid's forces... I love your Zauriel build. He's one of my favorite characters from Morrison's run on JLA.
Thank you,
TheManagement

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

R2P Yellowjacket (w/ Wasp)

Post by Tattooedman » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:50 pm

M&M Ready to Play
Degree of Player Difficulty ([Novice/Experienced/Advanced)
Degree of GM Difficulty (Novice/Experienced/Advanced)

Yellowjacket:
PL:
10 [150 pp]

Strength 0
Stamina 0
Agility 0
Dexterity 2
Fighting 2
Intellect 7
Awareness 2
Presence 0

Skills: Expertise [Life Sciences] 13 (+20), Expertise [Science] 13 (+20), Insight 6 (+9), Investigation 8 (+15), Perception 7 (+9), Ranged Combat [Stinger Blasters] 4 (+8.), Stealth 0 (+2/+18), Technology 13 (+20)

Advantages: Inventor, Sidekick [Wasp] 23, Skill Mastery [Technology], Speed of Thought, Ultimate Effort [Ultimate Expertise (Science)]

Powers: The Incredible Shrinking Scientist!:
Enhanced Advantages 3 [Evasion 2, Quick Change]
Shrinking 16 [3 inches tall; +8 Dodge/Parry, +16 Stealth, -8 Intimidation] (Extra: Normal Strength); (Flaw: Limited [Full Rank Only])

Yellowjacket Costume (Removable -6 pts) [24 pp]
Stinger Blasters: Ranged Damage 8 (Feat: Accurate)
Flight Harness: Flight 4
Flex-Mesh Weave: Protection 5

Offense: Initiative +7
Melee Attack +2
Ranged Attack +2 // Stinger Blaster Attack +8

Defense: Dodge +13*/+5 [*Shrunken Size]
Parry +13*/+5 [*Shrunken Size]
Toughness +5*/+0 [*Yellowjacket Costume]
Fortitude +6
Will +6

Costs: Abilities 28+ Skills 20+ Advantages 27+ Powers 59+ Defenses 16= 150 pts.

Complications:
Quirk ~Science!: Yellowjacket is a scientist at heart and can get wrapped up in figuring out the latest problem he comes across as a hero, almost to the point that he ends up ignoring what is going on around him. Sometimes this bites him in the tiny butt.

Relationship ~Wasp: Yellowjacket is in love with the Wasp but hasn’t managed to work up the nerve to admit his feelings to her. He feels that he isn’t the right man for her but if she is seriously injured then Yellowjacket will lay into whoever is responsible without hesitation.

the Sidekick wrote: Wasp:
PL:
Strength 0
Stamina 0
Agility 2
Dexterity 2
Fighting 2
Intellect 1
Awareness 2
Presence 4

Skills: Acrobatics 3 (+5), Deception 3 (+7/+9), Expertise [Fashion] 9 (+10), Persuasion 3 (+7/++9), Expertise [Business] 6 (+7), Expertise [Pop Culture] 6 (+7), Insight 3 (+5), Perception 3 (+5), Ranged Combat [Wasp’s Sting] 6 (+8.), Stealth 0 (+2/+18)

Feats: Agile Feint, Attractive, Benefit 2 [Wealth x2 (independently wealthy)], Improved Initiative, Set-Up, Teamwork

Powers: Wasp Form (Move Action -1 pt)
Enhanced Advantages 3 [Evasion 2, Quick Change]
Wasp’s Sting: Ranged Damage 8
Wasp’s Wings: Flight 3 (Feat: Move-By Action); (Flaw: Winged)
Size of a Wasp: Shrinking 16 [3 inches tall; +8 Dodge/Parry, +16 Stealth, -8 Intimidation] (Extra: Normal Strength); (Flaw: Limited [Full Rank Only])

Wasp Costume] (Removable –1 pt) [4 pp]
Flex-Mesh Weave: Protection 5

Offense: Initiative +6
Melee Attack +2
Ranged Attack +2 // Wasp’s Sting Attack +8

Defense: Dodge +12*/+4 [*Shrunken Size]
Parry +12*/+4 [*Shrunken Size]
Toughness +5*/+0 [*Wasp Costume]
Fortitude +5
Will +5

Costs: Attributes 26+ Skills 15+ Advantages 7+ Powers 58+ Defenses 12= 115 pts.

Complications:
Motivation ~Thrills: Wasp loves being a super hero and being in the public eye. Mixing it up with super villains is just another thing on her to-do list for the day and she always has a smile on her face and something funny to say to as she’s fighting.

Relationship ~Yellowjacket: Wasp is in love with Yellowjacket and realizes that he is too but is still waiting on him to admit it openly. She will always be the one to get him out of the lab so he can enjoy life, the parts of it not confined to a lab or ongoing experiment of some kind.

:arrow: Thought I’d take a try and mixing two frustrating things in M&M: the Shrinking power & the Sidekick advantage. So here’s Yellowjacket & the Wasp! I did this build based on the idea of Pym coming up with the Yellowjacket identity as his first heroic effort, so no Giant Man/Goliath powers here. I see it as kind of like how Ant-Man was done in Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes, Pym’s just as a genius scientist turned superhero that happens to have a suit that lets him fly and shoot energy blasts.

:arrow: Yellowjacket’s not really meant to be all that much of a fighter, though with Wasp helping him out he can get the job done. Yellowjacket’s really in it for his tech skills, figuring things out and coming up with the hi-tech angles on stopping the bad guy’s latest plot device. His Skill Mastery & Ultimate Effort are the big trick to this plan and players should feel free to make use of it any chance they get, Hank’s got a big brain don’t be shy in using it.

:arrow: The thing to watch is how both Yellowjacket & Wasp have traded off their Toughness for Defense, the trick is in trying to not to get hit because when that happens 9 outta 10 times they’re gonna take some damage an more than likely be put of the fight.

:arrow: Wasp is basically the helping hand for Yellowjacket in a fight, with her ability to distract opponents and then use her Set-Up & Teamwork feats to aid Yellowjacket is where she’ll shine. The biggest thing with this pair is to remember to play up Pym’s calculating nature compared to Wasp’s thrill seeking, motor-mouthing personalities. They’re an odd couple in that regard but often times she’s the one motivating him into putting on the costumes and going out on patrol.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

R2P Etrigan

Post by Tattooedman » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:52 pm

M&M Ready to Play
Degree of Player Difficulty (Novice/Experienced/Advanced)
Degree of GM Difficulty (Novice/Experienced/Advanced)

Etrigan, the Demon:
PL:
10 [150 pp]
Strength 8
Stamina 10
Agility 2
Dexterity 2
Fighting 4
Intellect 2
Awareness 3
Presence 1

Skills: Deception 9 (+10), Expertise [Magic] 10 (+12), Insight 9 (+10), Intimidation 12 (+13), Perception 9 (+10), Ranged Combat [Thrown Objects] 4 (+6), Stealth 8 (+11)

Feats: All-Out Attack, Close Attack 6, Fearless, Improved Feint, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Ritualist, Startle, Task Focus [Expertise (Magic): Demon Lore]

Powers: Demon Claws: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 2
Demon’s Fire: Fire Damage 10 (Extra: Area [Cone]); (Feat: Variable Descriptor [Unholy])
Demonic Vitality:
Protection 2
Regeneration 5 [1/every other round] (Extra: Persistent)

Offense: Initiative +6
Melee Attack +10
Ranged Attack +2 // Thrown Objects Attack +6

Parry +8
Toughness +12
Fortitude +12
Will +8

Costs: Attributes 64+ Skills 21+ Advantages 14+ Powers 34+ Defenses 17= 150 pts.

Complications:
Power Loss: Loses all powers, his Strength, Stamina and Fighting all drop to a 2 when Etrigan transforms into Jason Blood. Plus to change back and forth a specific phrase must be spoken and heard by either Etrigan or Jason Blood.

Secret Identity: Jason Blood skillfully hides the fact that he is Etrigan the Demon, only a handful of people total know they share a body.

Shared Body: Etrigan has to share a body with Jason Blood thanks to a spell cast by Merlin during the Middle Ages.

Sometimes On The Side Of Angels, Sometimes A Devil: Due to Jason Blood’s influence, Etrigan will work against the forces of Hell and corrupt mages. Without Blood however, Etrigan will revert to his normal demonic ways; killing and tormenting people as he pleases.

Weaknesses: Etrigan suffers an additional degree of injury against attacks that have the Holy Descriptor. He also suffers double damage from items/objects made of pure Iron.

:arrow: Etrigan is definitely an Iron Age character in my mind even though he came decades before that time, which shows that if handled well he doesn’t have to be and can be a very interesting character overall.

:arrow: But enough about that for now, on to the build itself - basically Etrigan is something of a Paragon, able to weather attacks though he only has a +10 Toughness (and no Impervious) it’s his Regeneration that lets him pull through a fight most of the time. Then he can either mix things up in melee, trusting in his strength & claws to do damage or he can breathe his Demon’s Fire at an opponent instead. A good option would be to use Demon’s Fire first to soften up a target then surge to attack in melee (just my line of thought here). A player should consider using All-Out Attack & Power Attack for the majority of fights as Etrigan’s shown to be an aggressive fighter in comics.

:arrow: On top of that Etrigan can power stunt magical-like abilities from his Demon’s Fire to support his skill as a spell caster or use his Ritualist feat as well. He’s (or rather Jason Blood is) a character that can be pulled out when the player group needs someone familiar with the various regions of Hell or to figure out why the bad guys are interested in some seemingly random item that turns out to be tied to a major demon releasing ritual.

:arrow: The hardest thing to play about Etrigan is his habit of speaking in rhyme all the time and I’ve seen a few times when GMs simply say that Jason Blood is exerting more influence over Etrigan than usual to keep him easier to deal with in this manner. But in my opinion if a player manages to pull it off and stay that deep in character then they need an HP or two for all their work.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

R2P Saturn Girl

Post by Tattooedman » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:55 pm

Saturn Girl:
PL:
10 [150 pp]

Strength 1
Stamina 2
Agility 1
Dexterity 2
Fighting 4
Intellect 2
Awareness 3
Presence 2

Skills: Deception 7 (+9), Expertise [Civics] 5 (+7), Expertise [Current Events] 6 (+8.), Insight 9 (+12), Perception 7 (+10), Persuasion 8 (+10), Ranged Combat [Titanian Telepathy Array] 8 (+10), Treatment 4 (+6), Vehicles [Air] 4 (+6), Vehicles [Exotic] 4 (+6)

Advantages: Close Attack 2, Defensive Roll 4, Improved Initiative, Inspire 3, Leadership, Teamwork, Trance, Ultimate Effort [Ultimate Will Save]

Powers: Psionic Awareness: Senses 1 [Mental Awareness]
Strong Mind:
Enhanced Will 5 (Flaw: Limited [Only vs. Mental Effects])
Impervious Will 8

Titanian Telepathy Array:
Telepathy: [Dynamic]
Communication 2 [mental] (Extras: Area, Selective)
Mind Reading 10
-Calming the Moment: Ranged Affliction 10 [Impaired, Disabled, Incapacitated; resisted by Will] (Extra: Perception, Cumulative); (Flaw: Limited [can only make victims feel calm]) [Dynamic]
-Mental Override: Ranged Affliction 10 [Dazed, Compelled, Controlled; resisted by Will] (Extra: Cumulative) [Dynamic]
-Mind Bolt: Ranged Damage 10 (Extra: Alternate Resistance [Will]) [Dynamic]
-Psynaptic Overload: Ranged Affliction 10 [Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated; resisted by Will] (Extra: Cumulative) [Dynamic]
-Telelocation: Senses 7 [Detect (minds: Accurate, Acute, Extended, Radius, Ranged)]

Telepathic Ear Plug: (Removable -1 pt) [5 pp]
Comprehend 3 [Speak & Understand all Languages, Be Understood]

Legion Flight Ring: (Removable -3 pts) [16 pp]
Legion Comm: Senses 1 [Communication link w/ other ring wearers]
Protection From Environmental Hazards: Immunity 7 [All Environmental Conditions, Suffocation]
Valorium Composition:
Flight 5
-Movement 1 [Space Travel]

Offense: Initiative +5
Melee Attack +6
Ranged Attack +2 // Titanian Telepathy Array Attack +10

Defense: Dodge +10
Parry +10
Toughness +6*/+2 [*Defensive Roll]
Fortitude +7
Will +8 [+13 vs Mental Effects]

Costs: Abilities 34+ Skills 22+ Advantages 14+ Powers 56+ Defenses 24= 150 pts.

Complications:
Hi! I‘m A Telepath!: As part of their agreement with the UP, all natives of Titan are required to display the designated symbol (an image of Saturn) that marks them as a telepath, so that all who deal with them are aware they are dealing with a mentalist.

Relationship ~Live Wire: They have an on-again, off-again romance but there is little doubt they both care for one another.

Responsibility ~Representative of the UP: The Legion is considered to be a grand experiment by the United Planets to show that all of it’s various member worlds can co-exist. They are constantly in the public eye and scrutinized by the government for their actions.

:arrow: Psychics can be a handful for a new player, or GM for that matter. Many of their ‘standard powers’ are considered to be a bit problematic in one way or another. The always popular Mind Control lets them deal with most mooks & minions no trouble and plus they can learn a bit about what the bad guy’s big plan possibly and many of their other powers don’t require a dice roll to hit, just a Save of some kind (not that I went that route with Saturn Girl here, but I’ve seen it before in the past).

:arrow: Still the Psychic is a popular character, so much so that the archetype is considered to be one of the ‘core characters’ every group should have. Pick a team and 9 out of 10 times they’ve got at least one psychic among them if not two (as like Mystics, the Psychic can be somewhat specialized in their power focus from time to time).

:arrow: Thanks to their mental abilities, the Psychic can be anything from the big blaster (with T.K. blasts), the team brick (with a T.K. force field and touch range T.K.), a sneak (with an illusion that hides them from sight) to a straight up standard mentalist with the whole grab-bag of usual powers (mind reading, mental communication, mind control, & mental blasts). The trick is to be well versed in what rolls the psychic’s targets will have to make their saves against, since most psychics can attack other saves besides Will, and how much information the GM wants the psychic to learn from other‘s minds (if the player goes that route with the character).

:arrow: Also, people who play psychics need to be ready to accept the idea that the GM might not want the PCs to discover what the master villain’s latest plan might be and that the GM is going to basically say that for whatever reason your psychic isn’t able to read the mind of whoever. The good news is that you should get an HP for that to use as you see fit and both you & the GM are happy (you got to try and use your awesomely cool mental powers & the GM got to keep the suspense & mystery in the game).

-- Chiun

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Shock » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:03 pm

I think playing a Yellowjacket and Wasp tandem would be a lot of fun. You know, if Pym wasn't such a tool.

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

R2P X-23

Post by Tattooedman » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:10 pm

X-23:
PL:
8 [120 pp]

Strength 2
Stamina 6
Agility 4
Dexterity 4
Fighting 6
Intellect 0
Awareness 2
Presence 0

Skills: Acrobatics 6 (+10), Athletics 6 (+8.), Close Combat [Claws] 4 (+10), Deception 6 (+6), Insight 6 (+8.), Intimidation 9 (+9), Perception 6 (+8.), Stealth 6 (+10)

Advantages: All-Out Attack, Close Attack 2, Defensive Roll 2, Follow-Up Strike, Improved Critical [Claws] 2, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Startle, Takedown 2

Powers: Adamantium Claws: Strength-Based Damage 3 (Extra: Penetrating 5)
Enhanced Senses: Senses 8 [Vision (Extended), Hearing (Extended), Olfactory (Accurate, Acute, Extended, Tracking), Low-Light Vision]
Healing Factor:
Enhanced Advantages 2 [Diehard, Great Endurance]
Immunity 2 [Disease (Limited), Poisons (Limited)]
Regeneration 5 [1/3 rounds] (Extra: Persistent)

Offense: Initiative +8
Melee Attack +8
Ranged Attack +4

Parry +8
Toughness +8*/+6 [*Defensive Roll]
Fortitude +8
Will +7

Costs: Abilities 48+ Skills 17+ Advantages 13+ Powers 29+ Defenses 13= 120 pts.

Complications:
Prejudice: Mutant.

Relationships: X-23 is protective of her teammates in the New X-Men, especially Hellion. She is also very close to Wolverine.

Reputation: X-23 has been a trained killer for years and even though she is trying to live a better life, many people will not let her forget what she's done.

Vulnerable: X-23 was encoded with trigger scents and possibly phrases that can turn her into a berserker.

Vulnerable: Due to the Adamantium that's bonded to her bones, X-23 is more vulnerable to magnetic attacks.

:arrow: Characters like X-23 seem like they're super straight forward - puch/kick/slash/whatever the bad guy until they don't get back up. And for the most part they are but a couple of her skills (Insight & Perception) let her pick up on things that other characters might miss.

:arrow: Even though her ranks in strength & the claws aren't up to PL caps, use of power attack allows X-23 to still be an effective threat and she can pretty much sweep mooks all day long and be just fine. With her ranks in regeneration it's a safe bet that X-23 won't get dropped during a fight and her role as front line fighter is a bit easier thanks to it, that lets her keep the big bad's focus on her instead of her teammates who should be working to stop said big bad's master plan from happening.

:arrow: Add in her tracking ability and X-23 has an odd gathering of abilities that if used well by her player can make her a useful member of any group.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

R2P Rocket

Post by Tattooedman » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:13 pm

Rocket:
PL:
8 [120 pp]

Strength 1
Stamina 2
Agility 3
Dexterity 3
Fighting 4
Intellect 0
Awareness 3
Presence 2

Skills: Acrobatics 5 (+8.), Athletics 4 (+5), Close Combat [Unarmed] 4 (+8.), Deception 6 (+8.), Expertise [Pop Culture] 3 (+3), Expertise [Streetwise] 4 (+4), Insight 4 (+7), Perception 4 (+7), Persuasion 3 (+5), Ranged Combat [Kinetic Energy Control] 5 (+8.), Stealth 4 (+7)

Advantages: Set-Up, Improved Initiative, Teamwork

Powers: Inertia Converter Belt: (Removable –12 pts) [50 pp]
Rocket Propulsion: Flight 8
Kinetic Field: Protection 8 (Extra: Impervious); (Flaw: Sustained)
Kinetic Control Array:
Kinetic Blast: Ranged Damage 8 (Extra: Penetrating)
-Force Cage: Ranged Affliction 8 [Hindered & Vulnerable, Defenseless & Immobilized; resisted by Dodge/Strength] (Extra: Extra Condition); (Flaw: Limited Degree)
-Kinetic Punch: Damage 8 (Extra: Penetrating)
-Kinetic Burst: Damage 8 (Extra: Area [Burst])
-Suffocating Bubble: Ranged Affliction 8 [Fatigued, Exhausted, Incapacitated; resisted by Fortitude] (Extra: Progressive)
-Frictionless: Immunity 10 [Grabbing, Ensnaring, and Restraining Effects] (Flaw: Sustained)
-Deflection Field: Deflect 8 (Extra: Reflect)

Offense: Initiative +7
Melee Attack +4 // Unarmed Attack +8
Ranged Attack +3 // Kinetic Energy Control Attack +8

Defense: Dodge +6
Parry +6
Toughness +10*/+2 [*Kinetic Field (Impervious)]
Fortitude +6
Will +8

Equipment: Young Justice Communicator [Senses 2 (Communication Link [Radio, Young Justice Members]), GPS, Feature 1 (Mount Justice Access), Benefit 1 (Young Justice Membership/Clearance)]

Costs: Abilities 36+ Skills 17+ Advantages 3+ Powers 50+ Defenses 14= 120 pts.

Complications:
Motivation ~Better World: Making the world a better place.

Relationships: Her partner Icon, and her allies and friends in Young Justice.

Secret Identity: Rocket tries to keep her identity of Raquel Ervin a secret.

:arrow: First off I'll admit that I did a small tweak in Rocket's power theme by making them not limited to kinetic based effects, I didn't really see that limit in her showing on YJ (granted it's been a while since I've seen it) but it is easy enough to fit back in. But just remember that in a non-street styled game that kind of limit can kick your butt too quick.

:arrow: An energy controller, Rocket's main strength is the versatility of her array - from straight forward energy blasts to kinetically charged fists that hit harder to encasing an opponent's head in an air-tight bubble, she's got some serious choices in a fight. Rocket can hold her own against the big bad or playing back up to the others fighting instead with little trouble.

:arrow: Then she's got a good selection of skills to make use of when there's no fighting to be done - she can chase down rumors and work the interaction angle with NPCs without any problem. Overall she's a well rounded kind of build that gives her player plenty of options that will let them feel like they're contributing pretty much no matter what situation the GM throws the group into.

-- Chiun