Age of Wonders thread IV

Discuss Freedom City, Paragons, Wild Cards, or your own campaign settings here.
MightyDavidson
Zealot
Zealot

Re: Age of Wonders thread IV

Post by MightyDavidson » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:32 pm

Charles Phipps wrote:
MightyDavidson wrote:I'd say Sailor Cosmos is pretty big on the vampire slaying as well, though she tries to make sure the vampire in question actually deserves it since she's nice that way. That said, she was given her powers to protect the Earth from any and all threats it may face and a depressing number of vampires qualify, particularly folks like Lord Ruthven, the Family and the Bloody Damned.
Doctor Justice will have a SERIOUS talk with the Blood Reavers when he finds out that their cybernetics (which allow people to shapeshift, turn into mist, regenerate, and other delightfully vampiric abilities) are a combination of magic and technology. Stuff that PHOBOS' idiots could NEVER have done themselves.

How did they do it? They studied him and copied his abilities.

Now they're using it to manufacture everything awful about the 90s Dark Age of Comics. BE SPAWN! Only $500,000!
But how would they have done that? *Dr. Justice rings up the Scooby Gang and begins investigating*

Seriously though, perhaps that evil exec I mentioned in Ser Justice's backstory could be responsible for it? He is, possibly, a duplicate of Dr. Justice after all and yes I am thinking up ideas for that villain as I type this. XD

Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Charles Phipps » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:36 pm

Well, given Professor Proton's powers are, literally, just copied from Doctor Justice and he's the head of PHOBOS' science division it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out how things might have gotten from Point A to Point B.

Also, unfortunately, Doctor Justice is finding out that some unscrupulous types would very much love to dismantle his Perpetual Motion Water Purifier or Never-Ending Solar Battery (the kind of things which improve literally MILLIONS of lives) to build death rays and power giant robots.

The sheer staggering selfishness of being given the cheat codes to the universe and using them to make monsters is stunning.
I also believe the Evil Exec is Sailor Cosmos and Doctor Justice's clones created by Pinball. They're just so much BETTER at being evil than him he may have made a mistake there.
In this case, the Blood Reaver he SPECIFICALLY needs to talk to is Raincoat. Raincoat being a superhero who idealized Doctor Justice and wanted to be just like him but proved to be a bully and a homophobe. Raincoat ended up joining PHOBOS but what he learned from the Phoenix Institute makes him far more dangerous than the other surviving scientists. It also says everything you need to know about Raincoat that he used his cybernetically-granted vampire powers to seduce women who rejected him in high school before mind-controlling them into deep depression.

And he's only 19!
He's not too fond of Sailor Cosmos either, who he made a pass at--only to get the ever-living **** kicked out of him for it.

Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Charles Phipps » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:53 pm

MightyDavidson
Zealot
Zealot

Post by MightyDavidson » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:56 pm

Charles Phipps wrote:Well, given Professor Proton's powers are, literally, just copied from Doctor Justice and he's the head of PHOBOS' science division it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out how things might have gotten from Point A to Point B. Also, unfortunately, Doctor Justice is finding out that some unscrupulous types would very much love to dismantle his Perpetual Motion Water Purifier or Never-Ending Solar Battery (the kind of things which improve literally MILLIONS of lives) to build death rays and power giant robots.

The sheer staggering selfishness of being given the cheat codes to the universe and using them to make monsters is stunning.

I also believe the Evil Exec is Sailor Cosmos and Doctor Justice's clones created by Pinball. They're just so much BETTER at being evil than him he may have made a mistake there.
Truth be told, I had forgotten that Professor Proton had managed to copy Dr. Justice's abilities. So yes that does explain it and had I actually remembered that factoid I would not have been the least bit confused. :lol:

As for the Evil Exec, I'd actually planned something a bit simpler for him. I was thinking that he was simply a Dr. Justice from another universe only instead of being one of the good guys he became part of the CCG and REALLY embraced the negative aspects of the corporate lifestyle if you get what I mean. The reason Dr. Justice isn't sure is because the evil duplicate has been experimenting on himself and is now basically transhuman. Think along the lines of Extremis or Bleeding Edge from the Iron Man comics only taken up to 11 since the Exec can use magic like Dr. Justice can.

He keeps his true appearance hidden most of the time so that none of his corporate rivals can reliably attack him at home and since he can shapeshift (perhaps he bought some Blood Reaver tech from Professor Proton, wouldn't that be a kick?) to the point where he can shift his gender, it's VERY difficult to figure out where he really is. The only reason Dr. Justice was able to figure out that he MIGHT be an otherdimensional version of him was because the sensors in Jetpack Girl's helmet picked up DNA that was similar to that of his family members but couldn't tag the gender due to the shape shifting.

The whole problem is complicated by the fact that Pinball did create clones of Sailor Cosmos and Dr. Justice who were adopted by the Evil Exec and working for him. :twisted:

Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Charles Phipps » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:03 pm

The actual number of Blood Reavers is about 250 but they're divided into 12 to 24-man teams across the globe and constantly expanding.

At present, a single group of PCs can wipe them out but once they manage to combine their vampire-extraction tech with other races (like werewolves--watch out, Grimmsbrooke), they'll potentially become major players with Raincoat likely to become a transhuman monster of Biblical proportions. This will be doubly so if they can crack Nexus abilities as a whole.

Another reason Last Girl Standing may get expelled from the Blue Centurions is her one-woman-crusade against vampires isn't the March of Dimes and she's been funding it by selling the remains of the vampires she kills to a "medical research company."

Three guesses who they are.

Nice, Sarah, really. That didn't backfire at all, did it?

MightyDavidson
Zealot
Zealot

Post by MightyDavidson » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:06 pm

Your thoughts on my Evil Exec Charles?

Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Charles Phipps » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:08 pm

MightyDavidson wrote:Your thoughts on my Evil Exec Charles?
Sounds good!

:mrgreen:

But will fanboys be able to resist evil sexy corporate executive Sailor Cosmos!?

Like Evil Kitty Pryde, she's cute...and EVIL.

Phrozen
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Phrozen » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:16 pm

Dr. Xenograft has been running experiments on the undead. Much to the horror of the local covens. Sometimes, he will even let his experiments go back.

MightyDavidson
Zealot
Zealot

Post by MightyDavidson » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:16 pm

Charles Phipps wrote:
MightyDavidson wrote:Your thoughts on my Evil Exec Charles?
Sounds good!

But will fanboys be able to resist evil sexy corporate executive Sailor Cosmos!?

Like Evil Kitty Pryde, she's cute...and EVIL.
How do you think the Evil Exec (I really should think up a name for him) manages his wheeling and dealing so easily? No corporation can resist the cash enthralled fanboys of a hundred worlds gives you. :lol:

Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Charles Phipps » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:20 pm

Phrozen wrote:Dr. Xenograft has been running experiments on the undead. Much to the horror of the local covens. Sometimes, he will even let his experiments go back.
I wonder if Doctor Xenograft considers the Blood Reavers amateur-hacks, uses them to gain test subjects, or is supremely irritated that a lot of their work is quite obviously based on his.

Voltron64
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Voltron64 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:23 pm

How about all three? :mrgreen:
Power doesn't corrupt. Power appeals to the corrupt. - Charles Phipps

Certainly it would be a better world if bigotry were rewarded with a straightjacket and a padded cell more often. - Libra

Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Charles Phipps » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:25 pm

Anyway, Vampire digression done. Thank you for reading.

Phrozen
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Phrozen » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:25 pm

Charles Phipps wrote:
Phrozen wrote:Dr. Xenograft has been running experiments on the undead. Much to the horror of the local covens. Sometimes, he will even let his experiments go back.
I wonder if Doctor Xenograft considers the Blood Reavers amateur-hacks, uses them to gain test subjects, or is supremely irritated that a lot of their work is quite obviously based on his.
Mostly, unconcerned. His goal is to conquer death and fear, so the undead are just another avenue for research. For instance, he made Reapers once but decided the hyper-active metabolism wasn't conductive to the mutations he was trying to induce.

Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Charles Phipps » Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:52 pm

So what happens to those who oppose One?

ROBOT HELL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z_zqOu5WB4

(It becomes less funny when you realizing that as master of all "connected" programs, he really CAN do this stuff to people indefinitely)

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Libra » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:11 am

"But vampires are just pretty misunderstood loners! LIKE ME!"
I'll let Professor Van Helsing field this one: "Young miss, not all of the nosferatu, of the undead are of one sort in any form and like men they are as various as they are numerous. I cannot disagree that they are frequently solitary, but this is often because they are a creature both hungry and greedy by nature; some can offer a pleasing form, but so may The Devil and a fair form may conceal an ugly nature all the better; allow me to agree that many are misunderstood, but that in this present time this is often because young misses and young men are ill-prepared to accept that they are NOT the stuff of pleasing fancy, but of HORROR."

Trust him, he may have an occasionally-shaky grasp of the English language, but that's only because his mental dictionary of that language sits on only one shelf in a rather over-flowing library of knowledge common, obscure and Weird (I'd say he wrote the book on Vampire-slaying, but that honour goes to Mr and Mrs Jonathan Harker, with contributions from the late, lamented Miss Lucy Westenra and Doctor Jack Seward, amongst others).
The King in Shadows is one of the Nine Lords of Death who dwells in the Death Zone. The other Nine Lords of Death include The Abyssal, Harmonious Jade in Winter, The Masked God With No Eyes, The Ordinary, The Twins Who Dwell In Their Names, Mister Nihilsm, and The Death's Head.
The wisest part of my mind knows that this tempting list of (as-yet mostly) undeveloped names is simply being used to establish context rather than issue a challenge, but being myself I am probably going to have to accept this implicit-in-my-imagination challenge anyway! :wink:

Oh, and the only reason he's NOT as famous as Dracula despite being a better warrior and necromancer? He knows not to advertise his weaknesses to an Irish author.

Charles, at this point I'd like you to know that Count Dracula the Fictional is currently glaring into my mind's eye and issuing an entirely-polite request for a retraction of the latter accusation (it was his Slayers who spilled out the truth of his vulnerabilities and destruction to Mr Stoker and not he), with all the peculiar intonations and undertone of ice-hearted murder he brings to his otherwise impeccable english.

He would also like to present Lord Ruthven an opportunity to settle precisely who shall claim the title 'King of the Classic Vampires' but apparently that will have to go via the appropriate heralds; you may well guess how he intends to settle the matter (and wince accordingly), as while Dracula is NOT QUITE Vlad the Impaler, he certainly admired the latter's style.

He may also have suggested that Lord Ruthven is a Hebridean Hippy (but since he was muttering in an undertone and a somewhat Magyar accent I cannot be sure).

And go see Thor: The Dark World.
I fully intend to, but only AFTER the weekend rush has settled down a bit. :wink:

Someone needs to do a "Kirby-esque" Pantheon for Victor's people to contrast the general douchebaggery of the High Aeons and Celestial Lions.
The Count Dracula has swiftly withdrawn from my Mind's Eye, owing to the appearance of The Super-Car Crew from Greenworld, who would like to put themselves into contention for the title of 'Best Counter-Balance to the Celestial Lions' AND point out that they are not merely Kirby-esque, but distant relatives of Victor Vanquish to boot (also quite possibly the Founding Mothers and Fathers of the EPICverse, with help from Justice Happening and the Best part of Humanity to boot).

Stonus would just like to add EXCELSIOR! (also add that The Pantheon do their best, to the point where it's hard to avoid the suspicion that The End put together his own variation on The Nine specifically to deal with THEM).

(Wonders if people knew that Gerard Butler was Dracula in Dracula 2000)
My invocation of Mr Butler's name in connection to Lord Ruthven AND Dracula was far from accidental. :wink:

Anyway, Vampire digression done. Thank you for reading.
Thank you for posting; any plans for what may follow, assuming that you have the time and opportunity?
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Rule Brittania! Praise the Hoff and the Grin!

Warning!: May cause Thread Drift.