Age of Wonders thread IV

Discuss Freedom City, Paragons, Wild Cards, or your own campaign settings here.
Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Age of Wonders thread IV

Post by Libra » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:16 am

Legendary and Bluejay, having WARNED him about the less enjoyable consequences of his favourite form of recreation, but no one EVER listens to the Only Sane Heroes (especially when it comes to keeping it under the cape).

Not least because the magics maintaining her physical prime have waned after such a long spell of amnesia and repeated defeat, leaving her more frail physically and mentally, although not necessarily WEAKER - especially once she recovers the truth of her Self (although interestingly she never quite lost her SENSE of self, even at her lowest, a major part of the reason that lady formerly known as The Deceiver was seperated from her biological mother).

I am also interested to see just how many world-beating villains have been able to call Red Jade 'Mother' (although I think Dominatia is a new one!); I imagine that even family reunions between the relatively affable likes of Queen Arachnia and Queen Kali must be a bit of a warzone (no wonder the two of them left E-17 behind with all the competition there must have been!).
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Rule Brittania! Praise the Hoff and the Grin!

Warning!: May cause Thread Drift.

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Libra » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:18 am

Oh and Voltron, it seems more likely that we simply haven't met Dominatia before now (since the chorus of ladies she is mentioned in the same breath as are CURRENT rather than former Villains).

Charles is, after all, a rather creative chap! :mrgreen:
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Voltron64
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Voltron64 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:21 am

Libra wrote:Legendary and Bluejay, having WARNED him about the less enjoyable consequences of his favourite form of recreation, but no one EVER listens to the Only Sane Heroes (especially when it comes to keeping it under the cape).

Not least because the magics maintaining her physical prime have waned after such a long spell of amnesia and repeated defeat, leaving her more frail physically and mentally, although not necessarily WEAKER - especially once she recovers the truth of her Self (although interestingly she never quite lost her SENSE of self, even at her lowest, a major part of the reason that lady formerly known as The Deceiver was seperated from her biological mother).

I am also interested to see just how many world-beating villains have been able to call Red Jade 'Mother' (although I think Dominatia is a new one!); I imagine that even family reunions between the relatively affable likes of Queen Arachnia and Queen Kali must be a bit of a warzone (no wonder the two of them left E-17 behind with all the competition there must have been!).
I'd have Red Jade really be Queen Kali's grandmother instead of mother.

You see, there was this raja on Earth-1938 who basically was Mola Ram in the body of a total beefcake, and well one thing led to another...
Power doesn't corrupt. Power appeals to the corrupt. - Charles Phipps

Certainly it would be a better world if bigotry were rewarded with a straightjacket and a padded cell more often. - Libra

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Libra » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:24 am

Why would Red Jade let her daughter have all the fun with such a man? :wink:

Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Charles Phipps » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:26 am

Indeed,

Dominatia is the Columbia of American Exceptionalism.

Sadly, her particular Booker didn't come through.

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Libra » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:28 am

Oh dear me, that doesn't sound good; may I please ask which world she calls home?

Voltron64
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Voltron64 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:36 am

Libra wrote:Why would Red Jade let her daughter have all the fun with such a man? :wink:
I never said that man was Queen Kali's father. :mrgreen:

Certainly it would be a better world if bigotry were rewarded with a straightjacket and a padded cell more often. - Libra

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Libra » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:19 am

Aaaaah! (the failure of grandfather's criminal career WOULD rather explain why Queen Kali was born into relatively-reduced circumstances, before being fastened on to as a Holy Child by a relatively-benevolent Hindu sect whom she speedily betrayed and perverted when her ambitions outgrew their modest desire to grow a little closer to the divine). :D

Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Charles Phipps » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:58 am

Libra wrote:Oh dear me, that doesn't sound good; may I please ask which world she calls home?
Dominatia comes from the homeworld of the Sovius before a certain time-traveling fellow afraid of her brutal reign of terror against all things un-American retroactively wiped it out. The problem is that Dominatia's own magical powers (including merging herself WITH America as an ideal--which would have been great were it not an America at its most xenophobic and nasty versus Lady Liberty's version) are such that it didn't actually KILL her.

She's just imprisoned in the Sovius' time-stream, overwritten but not dead.

And well, the Sovius' time-travel experiments WILL free her.

Then she will BURN the worlds which don't fit her ideal. The only question is whether she'll restore her old timestream or simply leave the Sovius Homeworld a burnt cinder.
Libra wrote:Legendary and Bluejay, having WARNED him about the less enjoyable consequences of his favourite form of recreation, but no one EVER listens to the Only Sane Heroes (especially when it comes to keeping it under the cape).
The one reason why Mister Arcane should hope that the two women wouldn't marry him was because as sisters, both supremely powerful witches, that he is likely to be torn apart like a doll between them should things go poor. Which is likely halfway between the first hour of the wedding. This way, it's only half as likely to be done in.

But, of course, Mister Arcane would have to have good sense to avoid such an idea (or suggesting it). Which he, notoriously, has no way to do so.
Libra wrote: Not least because the magics maintaining her physical prime have waned after such a long spell of amnesia and repeated defeat, leaving her more frail physically and mentally, although not necessarily WEAKER - especially once she recovers the truth of her Self (although interestingly she never quite lost her SENSE of self, even at her lowest, a major part of the reason that lady formerly known as The Deceiver was separated from her biological mother).
Indeed, she is growing quite stronger as Red Jade moves ever closer to ascending to the Celestial Conductor's position with each lesser breathe said individual does.
Libra wrote: I am also interested to see just how many world-beating villains have been able to call Red Jade 'Mother' (although I think Dominatia is a new one!); I imagine that even family reunions between the relatively affable likes of Queen Arachnia and Queen Kali must be a bit of a warzone (no wonder the two of them left E-17 behind with all the competition there must have been!).
No family is quite so ruthless as the family which slays together.
Last edited by Charles Phipps on Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

Voltron64
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Voltron64 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:07 am

Well whatever gets us the chance to give an epic Reason You Suck Speech to a Comstock expy.

"You say you're doing the Lord's work? Well answer this first, does your lord have any horns or goat legs?"

:twisted:

Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Charles Phipps » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:35 pm

Dominatia isn't quite a exact replica of Booker Dewitt's daughter, merely somewhat inspired by her. A better analogy would be to imagine Beth Walton of Freedom City if she were half-Asian, abandoned in the middle of nowhere with amnesia like the cartoon Anastasia, and filled with all the optimism of a Disney Princess only to discover a cold and unpleasant world which refused to be inspired.

Dominatia is presently corrupted by the unholy spirit of 1930s Earth-Dominion (as it's called), where the United States had gleefully jumped forward into the bastion of fascism before the Germans and Italians and was ready and willing to be the one to start World War 2 (having invaded Mexico and Canada both while the British were tied up in negotiations with Hitler).

The failure of Dominatia and her spirited defenders in the National Pledge, a group of idealistic crusaders who believed America could turn away from its dark side, was NOT the doings of Rebecca Chang. Indeed, the National Pledge once released from their time paradox will IMMEDIATELY want to try and cleanse their semi-omnipotent American Incarnae of the corruption inside her.

Instead, as V would explain...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKvvOFIHs4k

The real evildoers were the citizenry at large.

The scary thing is, the Sovius citizenry are probably MORE open to the message of the two than the American Empire of Earth-Dominion was. It's just a question whether or not they'll be any redemption for the Sovius race or if their destruction is preordained after so many murders and acts of despicability.

Can the Sovius be redeemed or will they be burned by a goddess embodying the wrath of Rebecca Chang. For the scary part isn't that she's an embodiment of America's worst horrors, it's that somewhere inside her is the spirit of the heroine who tried to inspire them to turn against such evils and now she is SO ANGRY that she is going to eradicate all traces of tyranny from the universe....and her first impression of the new one is a bunch of Draka wannabees.

Voltron64
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Voltron64 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:42 pm

Charles Phipps wrote:Dominatia isn't quite a exact replica of Booker Dewitt's daughter, merely somewhat inspired by her. A better analogy would be to imagine Beth Walton of Freedom City if she were half-Asian, abandoned in the middle of nowhere with amnesia like the cartoon Anastasia, and filled with all the optimism of a Disney Princess only to discover a cold and unpleasant world which refused to be inspired.

Dominatia is presently corrupted by the unholy spirit of 1930s Earth-Dominion (as it's called), where the United States had gleefully jumped forward into the bastion of fascism before the Germans and Italians and was ready and willing to be the one to start World War 2 (having invaded Mexico and Canada both while the British were tied up in negotiations with Hitler).

The failure of Dominatia and her spirited defenders in the National Pledge, a group of idealistic crusaders who believed America could turn away from its dark side, was NOT the doings of Rebecca Chang. Indeed, the National Pledge once released from their time paradox will IMMEDIATELY want to try and cleanse their semi-omnipotent American Incarnae of the corruption inside her.

Instead, as V would explain...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKvvOFIHs4k

The real evildoers were the citizenry at large.

The scary thing is, the Sovius citizenry are probably MORE open to the message of the two than the American Empire of Earth-Dominion was. It's just a question whether or not they'll be any redemption for the Sovius race or if their destruction is preordained after so many murders and acts of despicability.

Can the Sovius be redeemed or will they be burned by a goddess embodying the wrath of Rebecca Chang. For the scary part isn't that she's an embodiment of America's worst horrors, it's that somewhere inside her is the spirit of the heroine who tried to inspire them to turn against such evils and now she is SO ANGRY that she is going to eradicate all traces of tyranny from the universe....and her first impression of the new one is a bunch of Draka wannabees.
Maybe some of them could find redemption, look at Comrade of Earth-92's Deacons. But probably not all of them in truth.

Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord

Post by Neo-Paladin » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:52 pm

Voltron64 wrote:I also suspect this will be the fate of Mia Wilson post-revelation thanks to either Mr. King, Fade or Pugnus Dei.

Edit: Maybe even Hera Lycurgus after Hero Killer possibly killed one too many of her students.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i7l6Mh6giE
Thanks for that video...I knew I had seen such a fighting style before when I wondered how Pugnus Dei would fight...just couldn't remember where.

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Libra » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:22 pm

The failure of Dominatia and her spirited defenders in the National Pledge, a group of idealistic crusaders who believed America could turn away from its dark side, was NOT the doings of Rebecca Chang.
Poor woman; I can only hope that when she awakens she finds someone more like Steve Rogers waiting for her, rather than the typical Sovius - surely there has to be at least ONE of him on E-51?

Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Charles Phipps » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:38 pm

So any requests next?