Age of Wonders thread IV

Discuss Freedom City, Paragons, Wild Cards, or your own campaign settings here.
Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Age of Wonders thread IV

Post by Libra » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:54 am

True.
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Rule Brittania! Praise the Hoff and the Grin!

Warning!: May cause Thread Drift.

MightyDavidson
Zealot
Zealot

Post by MightyDavidson » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:39 pm

Libra wrote:
Mr. King doesn't torture people for information, he knows how absolutely useless it is as a source of intel. He instead just tortures people who happen to be irredeemable scum and flat out tells them this while doing so.
Voltron, I think this is more along the lines of something Bloodscream the Retributive would do than anything you can expect from Mr King (who is after all a good man, even if he isn't a very nice one); quite bluntly if he were sadistic enough to do that sort of thing he would be a Villain and not a heroic individual with pronounced Anti-Hero tendencies.

Mighty Davidson, I am both charmed and surprised by the way Doc Justice spends his free time, although I suspect that the 'Jolly Justice' toy company has to keep a very, very careful watch on it's premises, given the depressingly-high number of costumed crooks who will quite casually seek out new toys for their own personal Disneyland of Death.
Rest assured Libra, that Dr. Justice keeps very careful watch on the premises of the Jolly Justice toy company and since it's not publicly traded he doesn't have to worry about it being bought out from under him. Also, Dr. Justice takes it very personally when somebody tries to interfere with his toy company since a person doing that is essentially interfering with his ability to provide money to charities and thus help those who need it. Dr. Justice bears an intense dislike for such people and given his powers, he's more then capable of making such people regret annoying him in such a fashion.

MightyDavidson
Zealot
Zealot

Post by MightyDavidson » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:50 pm

Charles, have you posted any details regarding El Grande's family of masked wrestlers? If not, I have a few ideas that I'd like to post.

Voltron64
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Voltron64 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:17 pm

Fun Fact for the Day:

On Earth-1938, Japan wasn't A-Bombed, rather it surrendered thanks to the efforts of the Freedom Ring and the Protectors. You see they performed a daring raid to capture Japan's top military and political officials (with the exception of Emperor Hirohito/Showa who agreed to turn over those men after being politely convinced by Dr. Zodiac whom had paid him proper respect and understood how much of a pawn he was being used as.) Not to mention Navy Jones raining down energy cannons on half of Hiroshima with his Sky-Blimp as well. But I'm honestly oversimplifying things.

Basically, the Allies didn't half-ass the administrative rebuilding of Japan, thus preventing the far-right from regaining power and as a result rendering Japan less xenophobic and unapologetic than our world's.
Plus, MacArthur basically turned into a wimp whenever superheroes intimidated/criticized him. :twisted:
Basically, you know that old issue of Life Magazine that the comic strip of Superman solving WW2 by capturing Hitler and Stalin straight out of their command centers? Well something like that actually happened on Earth-1938 in the Pacific Theatre.
Last edited by Voltron64 on Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Power doesn't corrupt. Power appeals to the corrupt. - Charles Phipps

Certainly it would be a better world if bigotry were rewarded with a straightjacket and a padded cell more often. - Libra

Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Charles Phipps » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:45 am

MightyDavidson wrote:Charles, have you posted any details regarding El Grande's family of masked wrestlers? If not, I have a few ideas that I'd like to post.
I have a few vague ideas but I'd like to see yours, instead!

I'm going to update the index soon, guys, then move onto my next project.

LOS ANGELES!

Imagine Grand Theft Auto V only w/ superheroes!

:mrgreen:

Has LA benefited from creating whole-cloth the "superhero culture of celebrity"? You be the judge! Imagine a city even more disgustingly wealthy than before, even more violence, people venerating heroes as gods (especially Victor Vanquish), endless streams of poseurs, and lunatics with powers running wild the same way freedom is a memory in New York.

Voltron64
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Voltron64 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:15 am

Charles Phipps wrote:
MightyDavidson wrote:Charles, have you posted any details regarding El Grande's family of masked wrestlers? If not, I have a few ideas that I'd like to post.
I have a few vague ideas but I'd like to see yours, instead!

LOS ANGELES!

Imagine Grand Theft Auto V only w/ superheroes!

:mrgreen:

Has LA benefited from creating whole-cloth the "superhero culture of celebrity"? You be the judge! Imagine a city even more disgustingly wealthy than before, even more violence, people venerating heroes as gods (especially Victor Vanquish), endless streams of poseurs, and lunatics with powers running wild the same way freedom is a memory in New York.
Ah yes, a city where it's typically the superheroes and the extra-dimensional visitors of varying morals who are the least phoney.

Certainly it would be a better world if bigotry were rewarded with a straightjacket and a padded cell more often. - Libra

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Libra » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:36 am

LOS ANGELES!
I await further developments with great interest and the vague hope that the Kardashians end up in the clutches of some terrible villain, for the poor devil would suffer HORRIBLY before he was rescued - I mean before his hostages were rescued.

Voltron, consider your idea that Japan was brought to submission by a superhero mission CANON (if I may assume the authority to declare it so), although the precise details of how it occurred might vary a bit - for one thing I suspect Dugout Doug should and would be less of a pushover than you suggest he would have been.

The reason he was assigned to the Pacific Front? They couldn't find a room big enough to host both him AND De Gaulle (their egos kept pushing everyone else out!).

Honestly, this idea only reminds me that I haven't done nearly as much to flesh out the superhero history of E-38 as I have for E-86; I shall have to see if anything occurs to me and I would appreciate further suggestions, should anyone care to offer them (I may even post some guidelines, if any occur to me!). :wink:
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Voltron64
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Voltron64 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:43 am

Libra wrote:

LOS ANGELES!
I await further developments with great interest and the vague hope that the Kardashians end up in the clutches of some terrible villain, for the poor devil would suffer HORRIBLY before he was rescued - I mean before his hostages were rescued.
Is it wrong that I visualized Kim K for Diva Destruction? :twisted:
Libra wrote: Voltron, consider your idea that Japan was brought to submission by a superhero mission CANON (if I may assume the authority to declare it so), although the precise details of how it occurred might vary a bit - for one thing I suspect Dugout Doug should and would be less of a pushover than you suggest he would have been.

The reason he was assigned to the Pacific Front? They couldn't find a room big enough to host both him AND De Gaulle (their egos kept pushing everyone else out!).
May I tell you that much like Dr. Manhattan in Vietnam but on a much lesser scale, the defeated populace began seeing those superheroes as living gods?
Last edited by Voltron64 on Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Libra » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:45 am

That depends on what you imagined her getting up to.

Voltron64
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Voltron64 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:47 am

Libra wrote:That depends on what you imagined her getting up to.
Basically Diva Destruction being her Caligula meets Dr. Doom-esque self.

Or as Charles described it.
Diva Destruction: Is actually a quite capable ruler whose insane over-the-top persona is the apex predator of the insane prison yard which is Pier Point City. To describe her personality is probably akin to combining the Mutant leader from The Dark Knight Returns, Grace Jones, Auntie Entity, and a nonsensical stream of drivel (all of which seems to justify whatever the hell she's presently doing). She's pretty much a trashy Victor Von Doom with superhuman intelligence, invention skills, and minor invulnerability/strength/flight/power blasts.

Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Charles Phipps » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:31 am

Oh, here's the trailer which inspired my handling of New York.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0BZN47anko

Superhumans, ARISE!

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Libra » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:42 am

They seem to have been rising up for the past seventy-plus years and show no signs of stopping as yet! :wink:

Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Charles Phipps » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:32 am

A (possibly) non-canon article of fun.

Changes to the Timestream that Earth-0's heroes have created

* Freddie Mercury is still alive.

* He's Governor of California.

* Nicola Tesla managed to never quite achieve epic success but the Brotherhood of Enlightenment never quite ruined him either, a group of oddball heroes setting him in decent comfort at the Phoenix, MA Center for Electrical Research.

* World War 2 is a place where the Sovius have repeatedly attempted to intervene on behalf of the Nazis, to replace Hitler and Stalin with cloned pawns meant to ally, and other figures. With strict instructions not to intervene, various hero groups have done fairly epic levels of kicking ass.

The Order is banned, also, from this timeline for their Inglorious Bastards-esque behavior.

* Joseph Mengele was found by Israeli's Nazi Hunters due to an anonymous letter dropped to them.

* The Time Ripper's scheme from Doctor Who episode "City of Death" has resulted in a bunch of new Davinchi paintings and works appearing in the 21st century.

* Douglas Adam's finished the final Hitchhiker's book.

* Marie Antoinette was ruled executed but is presently living in modern day France alongside Ann Bolyn.

* Pocahontas lived to be 76.

* General Titus was killed by Jewish Blue Wasp during the Siege of Jerusalem and replaced with a lookalike settler. Somehow, it worked.

* The group accidentally saved the life of Joaquin Murrieta, California bandit and gave him an additional three years of life before he was beheaded and pickled.

Amusingly, this WASN'T a change as it resulted in Joaquin marrying and fathering the great-great grandfather of Mister King.

Voltron64
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Voltron64 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:43 am

Two things, Charles.

1. It was SPD0 who killed General Titus, not Blue Wasp. (Kenny's the Jewish one and only on his mom's side.)

2. An example of The Order's Inglorious Bastards-esque behavior included Mr. King skinning Amon Goeth alive as if he were peeling a potato. :twisted:

Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Charles Phipps » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:45 am

GASP!? DID HISTORY CHANGE REGARDING KENNY!

As for the other, well, despite my squeamish self I'm going to say if there was a guy the Order would break their no-torture rule for, it'd be him.