Justice Legion - Supers vs Aliens - OOC

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: Justice Legion - Supers vs Aliens - Recruiting

Postby kenmadragon » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:26 pm

It's recycled from an older game which never really ended since the GM dropped off the forums and hasn't come back. I'm just gonna throw him up and tweak around with his background to suit the setting. What I put up kinda fits irregardless of the setting. I'm not really sure whether I should keep the old origin story which has the three former Blue Beetles (Dan Garrett, Ted Kord, and Jaime Reyes), all of which were superheroes out and about, but are now dead. The original application for this dude is over here.

zeone3000
Zealot
Zealot

Postby zeone3000 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:49 pm

And now he adds the Reach to the fray.
]My first fanfic - Log of the Grinning Shadow - Chapter four is now up! Enjoy!

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:56 pm

Yeah, but given how the Reach operates, they're more likely to work against all the other aliens as well, to get to the top dog position. Which means that the aliens may be confused as to why one of the Reach Infiltrators is not "On Mode", 'cause Willy will be totally crashing the mode. :mrgreen:

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby XeroKhan » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:15 am

Alright, I will think of a bio and complications later on today. As for now, here is my character build:

EDIT: The powers are based mainly off of Narsil's 2e build of the Daleks.

Caesar Militus

BIO:

Caesar was a troubled youth. He constantly got into trouble with the police, he did poorly in school, he never respected his parents- these and more were what Caesar did. Eventually, it was too much and his parents needed help instilling discipline into their child; thus, Caesar was involuntarily signed up for a Martial Arts academy based mainly on the Snake-styled Kung Fu. Caesar was quickly whipped into moral shape by his Martial Arts master. This discipline continued for some years, resulting in Caesar not only becoming an honorable and disciplined man, but the new master of the Snake-style Kung Fu.

It was then that Caesar heard of the recent destruction of the multiple cities across the globe. He knew that we needed to fight back, but the needs to fight back were very lacking. Thus, things continued for some years until the time came when he could be one of the ones to fight back. He was one of the many to be selected to be enhanced with alien DNA to fight back; however, a scatter-brained intern accidentally switched the DNA that was to be put into Caesar with Mutant Khaled DNA. The results were surprising and somewhat terrifying. Caesar was caught off-guard with his new look, but it became clear that he needed to fight back in some way. Thus, Caesar accepted his new form and began fighting back.

COMPLICATIONS:

ACCIDENT- Wrong DNA: Caesar was given the wrong alien DNA on accident and has become part Khaled.

DISABILITY- Monocular: Losing depth perception can be troublesome for Caesar, especially when it comes to combat.

HONOR: Martial Arts is based mainly on Honor mixed with Discipline. Caesar is no exception.

MOTIVATION- Doing Good- Being trained in Martial Arts, Caesar has had discipline instilled into his thoughts. This also includes saving the world from the aggressive defenders.

QUIRK- "EXTERMINATE": The common Khaledian phrase may occasionally come out of Caesar's mouth. (IF Bladewind thinks this is too comical for the game, I will remove it without any problems.)

========================================
STR 5
STA 5
AGL 7
DEX 5
FGT 13
INT 0
AWE 5
PRE 0
{72pp}
===========================================
ADVANTAGES 32pp

Assessment
Agile Feint
Benefit (Philosophy Degree)
Defensive Roll 4
Improved Aim
Improved Initiative
Power Attack
Precise Attack (Ranged, Cover)
Ranged Attack 8
Startle
Takedown
Throwing Mastery 4

~~Snake Style~~
Chokehold
Defensive Attack
Fast Grab
Grabbing Finesse
Improved Disarm
Improved Hold
Prone Fighting
Weapon Bind
SKILLS 32pp

Acrobatics 11+7
Athletics 8+3
Close (Unarmed) 4+13
Deception 4+0
Expertise (Philosophy) 4+0
Insight 6+5
Perception 11+5
Sleight of Hand 6+5
Stealth 6+7 (-2 Growth)
Treatment 4+0
POWERS

(Phase 1) FREE
Growth 2
-QUIRK: no height gain

Enhanced Strength 1
-Limited to Lifting

(Dalek-like Mind and Body) 12pp
Extra Limbs 6
>4 Face-Tenticles
>w/ Improved Grab

Movement 2
>Slithering
>Wall Crawling 1

Quickness 4
-Limited to Mental Tasks
============================================
OFFENSE

Initiative +11

Throwing +13 [DC 24]
Unarmed +17 [DC 20]
============================================
DEFENSE 17pp

Fort 3+5
Will 6+5

Dodge 6+7
Parry 0+13
Tough +5 [+4 D. Roll]

ABILITIES 72pp + ADVANTAGES 33pp + SKILLS 31pp + POWERS 12pp + DEFENSES 17pp = 165pp
Last edited by XeroKhan on Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:09 am, edited 3 times in total.

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

dreamking89
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby dreamking89 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:02 am

I'm certainly interested in playing this, but what setting are we going with? I thought DC, but I thought I saw mention of the Freedomverse too.
It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor.

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:35 am

Mr.United wrote:I only have 1 question..... What kinda aliens are there? I am not going to lie, past the first post, I skimmed.

lol.

I have a few minion type aliens in there. Their appear to be Dominators but no-one has seen them passed the Arrival.

As for others, name your poison. If you want an alien's DNA as the source of your powers, let me know and I will likely add it to the invasion force. If there was another similar alien, I might suggest it instead. (For instance, I'll likely suggest Daxamite over Kryptonian...)

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:46 am

Evolución wrote:Not reprogrammed, but built on earth with tech salvaged from the alien invaders. Instead of shooting bullets, he'll use some energy emitter device, instead of a hard plating he'll depend on force fields. The idea would be a mix between the Mandarin's rings (rigged from ancient alien tech) and a robotic hero (red tornado and his brothers)

That could potentially work. I would guess it's a prototype then? It would beg the question as to why Earth isn't mass producing them...

Shadow13 wrote:Using the DNA of the alien combined with nano tech I have something like Ripclaw.

BTW, you don't HAVE to make him like Ripclaw, I know you initially posted closer to Wolvie...

flynnarrel wrote:"If someone asks me to help them save on car insurance one more time... !"

I skimmed the character and like it. Background is perfect for this game.
Gorn eh? As an aside, Gorn, Badoon and Trandoshans will likely be part of the same race...

zeone3000 wrote:Bladewind, quick question, do you know of or remember...

Fondly as it were. But I don't see an army of Guyvers being in space. To be fair tho, I have another player going the symbiote route and it's one that I prefer over Guyvers... I will look over the build though. (as evidenced by the build after yours. ;)) I will have to think about what I would do with the Guyvers...

On the one hand, It makes sense on a certain level that there would be a number of combat heavy characters and fewer flashy power types... so I am not saying no outright.

Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Evolución » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:32 am

Bladewind wrote:That could potentially work. I would guess it's a prototype then? It would beg the question as to why Earth isn't mass producing them...

Yeah, the idea is that it's a prototype built with whatever they scavenge (i.e. limited resources), if the thing works well and earthling can manage to scavenge some more parts they could produce more of them.

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EnigmaticOne » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:52 am

Bladewind: Any thought on my guy?
Impeach the peach!

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:34 am

Totally honest - I fell asleep too early last night. :roll:

I got on this morning to skim the new posts... I will be looking over the submissions today.

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EnigmaticOne » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:48 am

Sleep... the final frontier.
Impeach the peach!

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:33 am

These are the dreams of the starship Think Tank...

To boldly sleep where no man has gone before...

Nillaman
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Nillaman » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:47 am

I had an idea, involving a character who possesses an Array of Close Effects that revolve around their body generating enough electricity to power a small town. I'd also like to give them some kind of device that allows them to channel their powers over a distance.

So the Increased Ranged Modifer, with a one or two point Variable Descriptor feat to allow it to apply to any Power in the Array for my character, either as a Removeable Device with a Restricted feat to limit it to my character, or with a Power Loss Complication to represent how the device or devices can be taken away from him.

Otherwise they'd be your level-headed accountant type looking to do their best I'm defense of humanity. Very perky and optimistic.
Roster: http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=47345

Zork is the best onomatopoeia in the world.

Mr.United
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Mr.United » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:00 am

Crawly

Background:
Humanity, we have never seen a species more focused and determined in destroying themselves. They go so far as to destroying the world if it meant winning some conflict. Then years later, another 'leader' will try and do the same thing. It is very confusing to us. It is one of the reasons we found them easy targets. They can’t focus on just one enemy. They feel that everyone is a threat. There is no trust between them. If only they learned to bond, to join into a symbiotic like state.

What are we they ask? Of course they would ask. None understand our nature of being. Put simply, We are colonies of intelligent organisms whom work together for a common goal. Unlike humans, we share our resources, knowledge, and energy. Doing this, we have amassed great colonies that shadow this....watery world.

Much of our appearance looks much like your insects of your world. The differences are small, it is the small differences that make us unique. in total, there are 5 different species combined into one great mind. Until recently, we thought ourselves indestructable.

That is until those humans capture one of our fathers. Using their surprisingly vast knowledge in science, they prepared a human for lunch. Willingly, this lamb of a human offered himself to us and we consumed and grew. What we didn' t know that this human (whom calls himself Bernie) had great amounts of chemcials and electronics placed inside him to reprogram us. It seems that our DNA code matched to what the humans called, 'binary'.

Together, we devoured this man to nothing but bone. As father started a new colony, he was greeted by a Bernie the voice. After much talking, it was decided that Bernie and father would share command. The end result is overwhelmingly better than expected. Bernie gave us a mission, a goal, other than to consume and spread. Bernie has also given us what he calls 'feelings'. We do not know of these but the knowledge of them is incomplete, thus we are interested in finding a final answer to his. In this alliance, we shall become greater than any simple colony.

Details:

Wormy is actually a 6 different species rolled into 1 mass. Before combining, these species were independent of one another. Now after thousands of years togehter, they cannot live without eachother. The 6 species are the following.

Plaque: Though not exactly the best translation of their name, Plaque is what the outer layer or 'skin' lay is called. They are nothing more than plated worms whoms old purpose was to protect the small kin. Now with Bernie's assistance and tatics, they have formed a semi solid skin.

Fulger: Latin for 'lightning', these dust size species live under the plaque and are scavangers of the colony. Fulgers slide in between the Plague and connect into strands of wires used to hack into electronics using their circuit like bodies. If enough static electricity is stored, they can even eject it through the plated worms. This feature is unique to the Crawly colony. Fulger gather not only information via electronics but also electricity which is their main food supply.

Strands: The best translation for the name of this species is 'strands'. Strands are thin as hair like creatures that connect the colony together. Strands are known as the 'muscle' of the group and though are indeed small and fragile. Together they are hard as steel and can lift unknowable amount of weight. they do not gather food but food is brought to them via The Middles. Strands also adapt the other species in the colony with new features that are unlocked by father. Such as the ability to form wings.

Middles: One of the few species that are used for multipule purposes. Middles are a combination blood and organs. They are the size of dust or as long as a liver depending on what they are needed for. There hard work is the most rewarding, for most of the food eaten is given to them. Middles move non-stop as they collect toxins and give nutrients to other species of the colony. Middles also have a chemcial that seems to exgreet from their bodies to help heal anyone whom may be damaged.

Father/Bernie: The heart of the colony or more acuratly, the brain. Father holds the seemingly infinite knowledge of all the colonies and now more recently Bernie. Bernie is the conscious of the group as well as tatics master. While father is the voice and controler, he listens to what Bernie is saying. Though the two are constantly argueing, Bernie normally wins. Father is a bug like being that lives in what was once the skull of Bernie, while Bernie lives within his own skeletal frame which the colony uses as a foundation for their hive. This makes Crawling more dangerous than the other colonies of the aliens. For the others colonies are heaping masses of bugs that swarm, while Crawly uses unique tatics and abilites not found in the originals.

Crawly - PL 11

Strength 9 (7 originally)
Stamina 11 (9 originally)
Agility 0
Dexterity 0
Fighting 8
Intellect 4
Awareness 6
Presence 0

Advantages
Fast Grab, Fearless, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Jack-of-all-trades, Power Attack, Takedown

Skills
Expertise: Alien Knowledge 3 (+7), Insight 1 (+7), Investigation 2 (+6), Perception 1 (+7), Ranged Combat: Static Discharge 7 (+7), Technology 2 (+6)

Powers
Combined Species: Senses 7 (Danger Sense: Hearing, Darkvision, Microscopic Vision 1: dust-size, Radius (Type): Sight, Ultra-hearing)
Mega Swarm
. . Devour: Cloud Area Damage 11 (DC 26; Affects Objects, Cloud Area: 15 feet radius sphere, Secondary Effect, Selective; Distracting, Grab-based)
. . Grand Leap: Leaping 6 (Leap 500 feet at 120 miles/hour)
. . Pestilence: Concentration Cloud Area Affliction 11 (1st degree: Vulnerable, 2nd degree: Stunned, 3rd degree: Incapacitated, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 21; Cloud Area: 15 feet radius sphere, Concentration)
. . Static Discharge: Blast 11 (DC 26)
Swarming (Activation: Move Action)
. . Flight: Flight 6 (Speed: 120 miles/hour, 1800 feet/round; Wings)
. . Immunity: Immunity 5 (Aging, Disease, Poison, Uncommon Descriptor: Mind Effects)
. . Insubstantial: Insubstantial 2 (Gaseous)
. . Movement: Movement 4 (Safe Fall, Slithering, Wall-crawling 2: full speed)

Offense
Initiative +0
Devour: Cloud Area Damage 11 (DC 26)
Grab, +8 (DC Spec 17)
Pestilence: Concentration Cloud Area Affliction 11 (DC Fort 21)
Static Discharge: Blast 11, +7 (DC 26)
Throw, +0 (DC 22)
Unarmed, +8 (DC 24)

Complications

2 Minds, 1 Body: Bernie and Father work together for the most part. However, they do have moments of disagreement which might lead to Crawling being Vunerable when arguement starts.

Hatred: Crawly hates the leaders of the Alien Invasion. Most of Crawly's similar colonies are foot soliders for them, leading many colonies to their death. Crawly will go after the leaders first in a battle, despite the odds.

Weakness: Bug killers and other similar chemicals weaken Crawly.

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 9, Parry 8, Fortitude 9, Toughness 9, Will 8

Power Points
Abilities 68 + Powers 71 + Advantages 7 + Skills 8 (16 ranks) + Defenses 11 = 16
Last edited by Mr.United on Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:27 am

dreamking89 wrote:I'm certainly interested in playing this, but what setting are we going with? I thought DC, but I thought I saw mention of the Freedomverse too.

It`s a non canon universe. some of the original ideas had the game universes in there. You can take the aliens from any comic or fiction universe to be the genetic parent of your abilities.

Freedom City probabyl exists in the campaign world, but there are no super heroes as such...

Return to “M&M Game Room”