Justice Legion - Supers vs Aliens - OOC

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Aerlock
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Re: Justice Legion - Supers vs Aliens - Recruiting

Postby Aerlock » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:39 am

Is this a strictly human only game or could a renegade alien invader be a viable character?

- Aerlock
awww...I don't have a signature :(
But I do have character(s)!

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:51 am

It`s going to depend on the pitch.

It`s been ten years so the aliens are pretty entrenched. An alien that was captured or was caught behind enemy lines (ie seperated from its allies) and survived might work, but distrust would be a major complication....

TempestII
Cohort
Cohort

Postby TempestII » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:25 pm

Hey Bladewind,

Giving a different type of build a try, one focused on summoning lots of minions and using both them, and their own powers to support the team.

I figure that they were abducted by the aliens and heavily mutated, transforming them into a walking factory. The goal behind their creation was to generate someone that could produce vast amounts of military forces in the area on their own and then lead them. They don't know who they were before their "transformation", and they show a startling naivety now that they've been brought over into the human side - though their knowledge of biological science is generations beyond anyone else. Their personal identity is only several months old, so they know almost nothing about the world at large or possess any skills outside of biology.

So far I think the summon + continuous model works as intended (I certainly hope so) - but I've been wrong about these things in the past.

Anyways, I'll throw this up and see what you think. If you're cool with things or think it's worthy with some changes, I'll fill in fluff later.

Nexus, "Queen of the Hive"

Sheet:

Abilities: (4pp)
Str 0, Agl 0, Fgt 0, Awe 0, Sta 0, Dex 0, Int 2, Pre 0

Defenses: (44pp)
Dodge 11
Parry 11
Fortitude 10
Toughness 11
Will 12

Skills: (10pp, 20 ranks)
Expertise (Biology) +17, Perception +5

Advantages: (3pp)
Fearless, inventor, Improved Initiative

Powers: (102 pp)

Multiple Effects: "Alien Resilience" (18pp)
- Immunity 2: Disease, Poison
- Protection 11: +11 toughness
- Regeneration 5: Every 2 rounds

Array: "Queen of the Locust" (85pp)
Main Power: Summon 4 - "Warriors"
- Controlled, Heroic, Horde, Mental Link, Multiple Minions 6 (64 minions), Increased Duration (Continuous), Custom Flaw (Must be seeded).

(Insectoid front-line ground-pounders: steel-piercing blades and projectile acid saliva are their weapons)

- Alt. Power: Summon 2 - "Locust"
- Active, controlled, horde, mental link, multiple minions 12 (4096 minions), Sacrifice, Type (General - 2 types), Increased Duration (continuous), Custom Flaw (Must be seeded).

(Lioness-sized mutated fleas with stabbing weapons, or a body riddled with chemical sacks that can undergo an explosive, acid-splattering kamikaze attack)

- Alt. Power: Summon 4 - "Wasps"
- Controlled, heroic, horde, mental link, multiple minions 6 (64 minions), Increased duration (continuous), Custom flaw (Must be seeded).

(Helicopter sized, mutated wasps that can discharge spikes of plasma from sacs along their sides)

- Alt. Power: Summon 5 - "Lyders"
Controlled, heroic, Horde, Mental Link, Multiple minions 4 (16 minions), Increased Duration (continuous), Custom flaw (Must be seeded)

(car-sized spiders that can disperse inhibiting webs, fog-inducing chemicals and regenerative spores that heal allies)

- Alt. Power: Summon 11 - "Monolith"
Controlled, Heroic, Mental Link, Increased Duration (Continuous), Custom Flaw (Must be hatched)

(Giant, centipede-like creatures that can fly via multiple sets of membranous wings, or tuck them away into their armored bodies to burrow through the ground: capable of transporting others in their array of warm flesh sacs, throwing fog-creating chemicals across a battlefield, providing a mental nexus through which to bolster the fighting ability of allies and spewing corrosive acids that can reduce the toughness of opponents and melt structures/vehicles)

- Alt. Power: Multiple Effects: "Movement"
- Burrowing 8: Speed 16 miles/hour, 250 feet/round, Penetrating.
- Leaping 6: Leap 500 feet at 120 miles/hour
- Speed 3: 16 miles/hour, 250 feet/round

- Alt. Power: Multiple Effects: "Telepathy", Dynamic
- Communication: Mental Area Communication 4
---- Type: Mental, Range: Anywhere on earth, Rapid 5, Subtle 2, rapid 5
- Mind Reading: Cumulative Effortless Reading 11
---- Cumulative, Effortless, DC 21.

- Alt. Power: Senses 3
Darkvision, Infravision, Dynamic.

- Alt. Power: Mind Blast 11 - "Psi-bolt"
Will DC 26

- Alt. Power: Area Burst Blast 11 - "Psi Storm"
Affects insubstantial 2, Area Burst 2 (120 ft. radius), Selective.

Equipment: (2 pp)
"The Hive" - Custom HQ
Description: Buried deep underground is "The Hive" - Nexus' place of residence. The Hive is a humid, pitch-black bio-lair that is crawling with alien life that has been sculptured by its benign overlord, with biological equivalents to many technological luxuries found in the human world. All Justice Legion members are welcome, though "mundane" support staff don't like going there because it is, as they say, "Creepy as ***deleted***".
Features:
Communications - Nervous System, with a swarm of billions of microscopic, fluorescent insects that change the swarms 3D image and color in response to electrical impulses - it allows Nex to watch satellite TV.
Computer - DNA-based biocomputers
Concealed 1 - It's underground
Isolated - It's underground
Laboratory and Workshop - Hatchery and gene-engineering pools
Living Space - Dormancy chambers
Personnel - A swarm of hive-minded little spiders conduct maintenance and nursery duties
Power System (Biosecretions)

4 Abilities + 102 powers + 3 advantages + 10 skills + 44 defenses + 2 equipment = 165

Custom Flaws:

"Must be seeded"
- These minions must first be "seeded" into already living animals. Thousands of eggs can be implanted in anything ranging from cats, dogs, cows to even people - as long as the eggs have a host for incubation, they will siphon off the tiny amount of material they need to develop a viable minion within several hours.

"Must be hatched"
- These minions can only be produced after several days incubation within the nursery of The Hive. Typically takes several days to hatch.

Complications:
TBA
Last edited by TempestII on Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:46 pm

I thought the only Continuous effect that stayed after switching an array was Create. Do the rules allow Summon too?

TempestII
Cohort
Cohort

Postby TempestII » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:49 pm

I think they do - it can certainly be interpreted as such.

However, I'm no rules guru so I could be completely wrong. If it's one of those gray area's then I guess it's up to the GM.

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:02 pm

Applying the Continuous modifier to Summon allows you to keep the summoned "character" summoned unless you choose to de-summon it as a free action. So, yeah, if you switch array slots, you can keep continuous summons. Also, if you are knocked out, continuous summons remain. It's one of those really nasty powers that can be really OP, but really expensive.

And that is one nasty character TempestII... GMs will always ask for the stats for any summon, but even without those, i can tell that that character is one tough customer...

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:09 pm

Cool! Seems broken, but cool. and with... 4240 minions, plus a way to get them around... y'know, how bad could it be?

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:37 pm

Hmm...

TempestII... not ready to comment on the build yet but I want to jump in before someone gets all rules-lawyery on you... Just want to point out that if you got these abilities then an alien in the invasion force has similiar abilities... or at the very least the critters exist out there...

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:58 pm

It's one of those situations where you say, "hey, sure you have a character with really powerful abilities, but you just got to remember that the enemy has tons of people like these, and the enemy has also had a really long time being used to these abilities and know how they work”...

Shadow13
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Shadow13 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:04 pm

Hmm I think I need some bonus equipment. Get me the technology advance utility belt where I can have a huge can of Raid that now includes anti Alien pest control and a flamethrower.
[url=http://militarysignatures.com][img]http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member13977.png[/img][/url]

Aerlock
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Aerlock » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:26 pm

Bladewind wrote:It`s going to depend on the pitch.

It`s been ten years so the aliens are pretty entrenched. An alien that was captured or was caught behind enemy lines (ie seperated from its allies) and survived might work, but distrust would be a major complication....

I was thinking something along the lines of Teal'C from Stargate SG1 in mentality and reasons for turning against his masters/allies. I'm still thinking about which particular alien race I'm gonna build him from.

- Aerlock
awww...I don't have a signature :(
But I do have character(s)!

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Spectrum » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:06 pm

Bladewind- you might want to talk to the admin of the Game List to have this game added ;)

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:32 pm

Spectrum wrote:Bladewind- you might want to talk to the admin of the Game List to have this game added ;)

Looks like he saw it and added it before I saw your post. What a nice fella. ;)

Aerlock wrote:I was thinking something along the lines of Teal'C from Stargate SG1 in mentality and reasons for turning against his masters/allies. I'm still thinking about which particular alien race I'm gonna build him from.

- Aerlock

:shock: :shock: :shock: Are you wanting to add Go`a`uld ?!? Oh, that`s an example... :wink:

I could see it working. It would be helpful if the race was among the more human looking but not a requirement.

Shadow13
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Shadow13 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:39 pm

Aerlock wrote:
Bladewind wrote:It`s going to depend on the pitch.

I was thinking something along the lines of Teal'C from Stargate SG1 in mentality and reasons for turning against his masters/allies. I'm still thinking about which particular alien race I'm gonna build him from.

- Aerlock

Ah watching the Star Gate movie and watching the SG1 series while on late shift at the Tech Shop for Comm in the middle east. Good memories.
[url=http://militarysignatures.com][img]http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member13977.png[/img][/url]

optionqb
Champion
Champion

Postby optionqb » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:42 pm

I had an idea for an Ocean/Aquatic Hero based on the Selkath Race from Star Wars. I know that some GMs don't care for heroes in the mold of Aquaman or Namor for various reasons. If you really don't think this concept meshes with your plot, then let me know and I wont waste my time.

Return to “M&M Game Room”