Justice Legion - Supers vs Aliens - OOC

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Re: Justice Legion - Supers vs Aliens - Recruiting

Postby Bladewind » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:28 pm

@ optionqb - Question I have is more to direct yours back at you. I'd prefer his strength to not be so dependent on water, but I could see this working. I would think in this setting he might be more stealthy, and of course... DNA Donor ? Nautolan?

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:03 pm

If he's a Nautolan, he has to wield a laser sword and have psychic abilities... he shall call this strange psychic phenomenon... the Force. :lol:

Shadow13
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Shadow13 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:09 pm

@ shadow13: Is [urhttp://botanybay.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=races&action=display&thread=64]this[/url] the race you are referring to for your character? Neat twist, if so, to give me a slave race for the Alliance while giving yourself a Wolvie character in the process. If so, I'd like to see a little of their appearance in the build or character description, even if it doesn't give abilities. If not, I'd like info on the DNA Donor...

Bladewind,

The race I am referring to is from Ben 10 I will get the info. the link you put on there I can't figure out what your talking about. I go over the write up to clear up any confusions and explain what I got from the DNA splice and what is from the Nanotech.
[url=http://militarysignatures.com][img]http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member13977.png[/img][/url]

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:26 am

@ shadow13 - I fixed my link. I will look a little further unless you get a link up first. :wink:

Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Evolución » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:59 am

I would assume the idea is to field test it and then try to get the part or reverse engeneer the parts, even if its like crazy expensive they will build them I guess. Just look at the USA war budget!

optionqb
Champion
Champion

Postby optionqb » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:14 am

Bladewind wrote:@ optionqb - Question I have is more to direct yours back at you. I'd prefer his strength to not be so dependent on water, but I could see this working. I would think in this setting he might be more stealthy, and of course... DNA Donor ? Nautolan?

Ok, I can tweak his abilties/powers to make him a little less gimped physically out of water. Of course, there will be tradeoffs as this will make the pp costs go up. As for Nautolans? Awesome! Kit Fisto was one of my favorite Jedi. I don't think I'll have enough points to work in Force-powers though.... :wink: .

Shadow13
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Shadow13 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:17 am

@option qb

I would look up the builds in roll call of Aqualad that have been based of the Young Justice series. That should give you a base to get your Force like water themed warrior out there.
[url=http://militarysignatures.com][img]http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member13977.png[/img][/url]

Aerlock
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Aerlock » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:32 am

Also, check this post out. It's got a bunch of star wars conversions, including force powers.

- Aerlock
awww...I don't have a signature :(
But I do have character(s)!

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:34 am

Thanks - to be clear though, the Force doesn`t really fit this game. ;)

And, thanks to the influx of aliens (I knew you guys would give me better ideas for an invasion force than I would come up with... :twisted: ) I can create different layers/ castes/ classes for my baddies...

jemal
Hero
Hero

Postby jemal » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:47 am

OK, I've Changed my submission since the other one was far too similar to the other TK Paragon. I've canibalized part of the story, and here's the first rough draft:

The Teslans are a race of hermaphroditic empaths, an offshoot of the Dominators. Teslans evolved with the ability to share their sensations with each other - not just emotions, but all feelings.. cold, hot, pain, pleasure, tired, etc. They have no gender or spoken language, any two Teslans can breed together, and they communicate via a hybrid of telepathy and empathy, much of their 'language' based on sharing sensations/feelings in place of words, allowing for much more in depth and rapid communication.

Andy was a promising student doubling in Biochemistry and Neuroscience. When the alien invasion began, he was working on his doctorates, and was waiting until the very last day to go home to Vancouver for the big 'alien meeting', so he could get as much work done as possible before they changed the world.

And so it was that he was still at school when his hometown blew up. Overwhelmed, he did what many others did, and joined the army to fight against the invaders.
In 2008, he was crippled in a fight when an invader broke his back, leaving him paralyzed. Fortunately this was one of those few combats that humans managed to win, and the defeated aliens, along with the crippled Andy, were taken back to the Garden.
It was there that Andy found out about doctor Tuolema's work, and offered his mind and newly-disabled body to the cause, wanting to help in any way he could.

After the graft, Andy found to his disappointment that his legs still did not function, but he had gained phenomenal Psychic powers. It was a few months later that he realized his new powers provided him with a unique perspective unmatched by most scientists, and allowed him to properly establish a neurolink with a captured alien Exoskeleton, enabling him to re-enter combat with his newfound mobility and empathic powers.

Complications:
Motivation: Thrills
Empathic: Most people have trouble expressing their emotions, Andy is quite the opposite, having trouble hiding his emotions.
Open: Andy is open to a level that some people find 'too much', sharing his feelings and thoughts, and lacking deception.
Parapalegic - Without his suit to compensate, Andy is paralyzed from the waist down.

Andy - PL11 (165PP)

Abilities: 30pp
STR 2/7 (+2 growth +5 Armour) *3/8 lifting*
STA 4/6 (4pp +2 growth +2 Armour)
DEX 0
AGI 0
FGT 3 (4pp)
INT 4 (8pp)
AWE 4 (8pp)
PRE 2 (4pp)

Offenses:
Specific Attacks:
Strike: +12, Toughness DC 25
Pain&Pleasure: +11, Fort/Will DC 21: Weaken Abilities *Range: Close*
Control Feelings: Will DC 21 (Entranced, Compelled, Controlled) *Range: Perception*
Sensational Illusion: Single target, Insight DC 21 (Tactile & Mental senses) *Range: Perception*

Defenses: (15 pp)
Dodge: 3/10 (3 base +7 armour)
Parry: 3/10 (3 fgt +7 armour)
Toughness: +4/12 (4/6 Sta + 6 armour)
Fort +9/11 (5 base + 4/6 Sta)
Will +11 (7 base + 4 awe)

Skills: (64 ranks = 32pp)
Insight(+20/16), Intimidate(+18/15), Perception(+10/6), Persuassion(+17/15), Technology(+7/3)
Expertise: Science(+8/4), Psychology(+5/1), Alien Tech(+6/2), Alien Alliance (+5/1)
Close Combat: Strike(+12/1)

Advantages: 14
Assessment, Attractive 2, Close Combat 8, Fearless, Luck 2

Powers: 74
Phase 1: (Growth 2), Power Lifting 1 *FREE*
*+2 str, +2 stam, +1 lifting strength

Feature: Gender Change: 1pp

Senses: Detect Feelings: (Ranged, Radius, Extended, Acute): 5pp

Immunity 10 (Emotions & Pain: Limited: Half Effect -1/rank): 5pp

Empathic Projection Array: 25pp + 5AP = 30pp
-Control Feelings: Affliction 11 (Perception +2/rank, Limited: Feelings -1/rank, Insidious, Variable 2): 25p *Will: Entranced, Compelled, Controlled*
-AP: Pain&Pleasure: Weaken Abilities 11 (Close, Broad +1/rank, Reversible 1, Variable 1, Variable save 1: Pain*Fort save* or Pleasure*Will Save*): 25p
-AP: Mind Reading 11 (Cumulative +1/rank, Limited: Emotions -1/rank, Subtle 2): 24p
-AP: Illusion 11 (Tactile & Mental senses 2/rank, Independant +1/rank, Limited: One subject -1/rank, Precise, Subtle): 24p
-AP: Environment Control 6 (Extreme Cold 2/rank, Extreme Heat 2/rank, Selective +1/rank, Resistible: Will -1/rank, Precise) *1000 foot radius*: 25p
-AP: Remove Pain: Healing 8 (Area: Burst +1/rank, Restorative +1/rank, Selective +1/rank, Limited: Others -1/rank, Temporary -1/rank): 24p

Power Armour: 40p +1 restricted- 8 removable = 33pp
-Growth 2 (Permanent): 4p
*+2 str/stam, +1 intimidate, -2 stealth, -1 dodge/parry*
-Enhanced Dodge/Parry+8: 16p
-Enhanced Strength 3: 6p
-Protection 6: 6p
-Speed 1, Leaping 3: 4p
-Strike: Damage 3(Strength-based): 3p
-Feature: Suit Conveniences (Speakers, cup holder, etc): 1p

COST: 30 Abilities +15 Defenses +32 Skills +14 Advantages +74 Powers = 165/165
Last edited by jemal on Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EnigmaticOne » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:04 am

TempestII wrote:I'll be changing my submission. I'm thinking about submitting a vampiric-like character - someone whom was a volunteer before the scientists had perfected the genetic engineering process. As a result, they didn't get one ability from the aliens, but rather a wide spectrum which includes strengths and sensitivities that are similar to the fanged monsters of myth, including the need/taste for human blood and powerlessness in direct sunlight.

Unfortunately, that means a character with a wide range of possibilities and powers, and frankly the Vampire Lord presented in the 2nd Edition rules of the game is quite lackluster. Anyone have any such builds that they could provide for some inspiration?

Look into the Character Generator. The Supernatural Creature type with the Living Vampire powerwould give you a place to start.
Impeach the peach!

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:23 am

Missed that question. Enigmatic has a great idea there...

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:49 am

Submissions thus far:
please edit these posts when working on your characters, unless you haven`t posted anything yet...

Tinker - Enigmatic One, Ork "Mekboy" (Khundian offshoot)
Dr Greene - flynnarrel - Gorn/ Badoon
Saber Wolf - Shadow13 - Loboran Lupine
Blue Beetle kenmandragon - Reach Scarab
??? XeroKhan - Alien DNA ???
Wormy Mr.United - Alien DNA ???/ build ?
The Marian optionqb - Nautolan
Andy Jemal - Tesslans (I may link into another race)
No build yet Evolucion - Droid/ Combat Robot
No build yet TempestII - Vampiric Character/ DNA ??? (Original submission withdrawn)

:arrow: shadow13 - Please note that you seem to have posted the sheet twice. The one I linked to is the one higher on the page. Please edit out the other and use the one linked here.
:arrow: optionqb - Please paste the sheet to the above link when you get the. You can definitely wait to post your tweaks so that the original build stays in the other thread.
:arrow: TempestII - You are welcome to leave your original submission up, simply post a new one for your vampire.
:arrow: Evolucion - if you go the robot route, please note you still get the "phase one" package, but the descriptor will change a little. All in the interest of balance.

TempestII
Cohort
Cohort

Postby TempestII » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:03 am

No worries. In between some online and offline commitments, and my last exam looming tomorrow, I apologise for being a little lagging with a replacement submission.

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:33 am

I was wondering if I could take the phase 1 package but change the descriptor to be part of the Scarab's changes upon Willy's biology. Mostly since i noticed an error in my math which can be fixed through usage of the Phase 1 package. But given that Willy was not a test subject, I was hoping to petition for the free package with a descriptor change to something along the lines of "Symbiotic Host Physiology Enhancement". The reasoning would be that the Scarab has extended it's influence throughout his body, helping strengthen the host body so that the host does not collapse from the pain of retracting the armor.

Return to “M&M Game Room”