Justice Legion - Supers vs Aliens - OOC

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
zeone3000
Zealot
Zealot

Re: Justice Legion - Supers vs Aliens - Closed to new intere

Postby zeone3000 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:46 pm

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=219420&p=1363194#p1363194

Linkage, I'll put up what I have so far a little later.
]My first fanfic - Log of the Grinning Shadow - Chapter four is now up! Enjoy!

Aerlock
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Aerlock » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:11 pm

Bladewind wrote:
Aerlock wrote:I'm gonna have to shelve my reformed alien idea. I just can't find a good alien species to use, at least not one that I can put together a character build for. Good luck everyone.

- Aerlock

Pity. Let me know if you come up with an alternate. You are in the list of interested parties...

And just when I think I'm out, the game pulls me back in. As soon as I said I was done I had an idea for a character based off the Leviathans from Farscape.

Leviathan
Headshot
In Flight
PL 11

Abilities 38 pts
Strength 11
Stamina 8
Agility 6
Dexterity 0
Fighting 6
Intellect 0
Awareness 0
Presence 0

Advantages 16 pts
All-out Attack
Daze (Intimidation)
Diehard
Extraordinary Effort
Fast Grab
Favored Environment: Space
Fearless
Improved Grab
Improved Hold
Improvised Weapon
Interpose
Language: Leviathan
Luck
Move-by Action
Prone Fighting
Startle

Skills 20 pts
Acrobatics 16
Athletics 17
Close Combat: Unarmed 11
Intimidation 21
Stealth 2

Powers 65 pts
Communication: Radio Area Communication 2 11 pts
. . Area
. . Subtle: encrypted
Feature: Storage compartments 1 pt
. . Up to the size of a basketball
Growth: Growth 4 9 pts
. . Innate
. . Permanent
Hull plating: Protection 4 3 pts
. . Noticeable: Leviathan Hull Plating
Immunity: Immunity 10 10 pts
. . Critical Hits
. . Environmental Conditions (All)
. . Starvation & Thirst
. . Suffocation (All)
Micro-DRDs: Regeneration 2 (Every 5 rounds) 2 pts
Phase 1 [No Cost]
. . Enhanced Stamina 2
. . . . Permanent
. . Enhanced Strength 2
. . . . Permanent
. . Power-lifting 1
. . . . Permanent
Senses: Senses 9 9 pts
. . Analytical: Radio
. . Darkvision
. . Infravision
. . Low-light Vision
. . Radio
. . Radius (Type): Visual
. . Ultravision
Speed 1 1 pt
Starburst 19 pts
. . Flight: Flight 9 (Speed: 1000 miles/hour, 2 miles/round) 18 pts
. . Starburst Attack (Alternate) 1 pt
. . . . Damage: Damage 11 (Linked; DC 26)
. . . . . . Grab-based
. . . . Flight: Flight 4 (Linked; Speed: 30 miles/hour, 500 feet/round)
. . . . . . Quirk: Undirected Flight
. . . . Teleport: Teleport Attack 11 (Linked; 8 miles in a move action, carrying 50 lbs., DC 21)
. . . . . . Attack: Parry
. . . . . . Grab-based
. . . . . . Tiring
. . . . . . Unreliable (roll)

Equipment

Offense
Initiative +6
Grab, +6 (DC Spec 21)
Throw, +0 (DC 26)
Unarmed, +11 (DC 26)

Complications
Disability: Mute without a radio receiver nearby.
Motivation: Patriotism: Loves his planet and will give every last ounce of his power and abilities to save the planet
Prejudice: Alien appearance. He has no real face and just a lump of flesh and hull plating that blend into his neck and back where his head should be. He is completely hairless with raised lines in various whorls and patterns all across his skin. He has no need of clothes, all his externally visible human characteristics have been subsumed in the hull plating that has grown across his body. He is still bipedal with five digits at the end of each limb.
Responsibility: Justice Legion
Weaknesses: Clorium: An atmospherically induced isotope of twinium. This element numbs Leviathans and could be used as an anesthetic.
Relationship: He still hopes to get to St. Louis and/or get word of his Fiance

Languages
English
Leviathan

Defense 26 pts
Dodge 10
Parry 10
Fortitude 12
Toughness 12
Will 10

Power Points
Abilities 38 + Powers 65 + Advantages 16 + Skills 20 (40 ranks) + Defenses 26 = 165

Background
Levi Jacobs
Age - 26
Height - 14’ 10”
Weight - 11,530 lbs
Hair/Eyes - None
Skin: Golden and ridged

History
Levi was an up and coming football tackle back in 2004. He had his life on track. He had a fiance he was about to get married to. He was doing good in school on his way to an accounting degree. He was on the college football team and was widely regarded as prime NFL material with another season or two of college ball under his belt. Then the aliens showed up. He almost had to cancel his wedding because of all the hubbub in St Louis about the alien landing. Luckily he and his fiance were able to find a different venue on the outskirts of town that wasn’t going to be largely impeded by the ruckus. He and his groomsmen were on their way back from Vegas on the day of the attacks. The first thing he knew about it was his flight getting re-routed and grounded in Denver. Joseph, his best man (and younger brother) and the rest of his groomsmen all frantically tried to get through to their friends and loved ones. It quickly became apparent that St. Louis didn’t exist any more, not as the home town they knew. Levi and Joseph quickly lost hope of ever seeing their family again. The next day, once it was clear that this was no accident, they both were quickly overtaken with rage and a desire for revenge. Together they went and signed up for the military. Levi joined the infantry looking to put his size and strength to good use. Joseph, being the brainier of the two brothers, joined the navy to get into their nuclear program.

Levi had a successful career in the Army, keeping in touch with his brother as best they both could. In 2012, when rumors of an enhancement program started making their way through the grapevine, Levi jumped at the chance to take the fight to the aliens. He pulled in every favor and mark that he had accumulated over the previous 8 years to get into the first round of volunteers.

A big guy to begin with, Levi bulked up on muscle even more and became much more durable during the Phase 1 process. He found that after Phase 1 he was able to take a shot from all but the highest caliber weapons when he was wearing only a standard issue bulletproof vest. When he was fully armored in standard, front-line military armor he was nigh unstoppable in all the live fire exercises he went through. Eager to get back to the front lines and use some of his newfound strength and durability against the invaders, and trying to get an early discharge from the program, he was told about Phase 2. He jumped at the chance for even more power. He wasn’t told specifics about the alien race his serum came from, just that they had high hopes that it could provide tactical and strategic mobility advantages. Understanding the need for both of those he had no qualms about taking the Phase 2 shots.

Two weeks later he woke up in a large room surrounded by tiny people and tiny equipment. His senses were all out of whack and when he tried to close his eyes and clear his vision he found he couldn’t. He face didn’t feel right any more. Reaching up to see if he could feel something wrong with his face he found his arms were wrapped in chains and bolted to the floor. His arms also seemed to be encased in some kind of armor. Confused, he pulled against the chains and found with a bit of effort he was able to snap them. Still not able to get his vision under control he tried to cover his eyes and maybe wipe away whatever was causing the problem. He found he had no face. He screamed and found that he made no noise, except inside his head.

That was when the lights went out. He could finally see almost like normal except he had an unusually wide range of vision and everyone and most of the machines had oddly colored glows around them. This helped bring him to the awareness that the tiny people were shouting his name and asking him to calm down.

Focusing on the people for the first time he recognized some of the scientists and doctors from the Phase 2 preliminaries. Dr. Greene was the closest to him and the loudest in shouting his name and instructions to calm down and to hold still. Trusting Dr. Greene, Levi stopped moving. He tried speaking again, ~Dr. Greene what's going on? Did I grow larger while I was out?~ He noticed that Dr. Greene didn't seem to have the same glow as everyone else.

A sergeant in a security officers uniform opens a door across the huge room and yells for Dr.Greene, "Doctor, are you in here? We're getting some weird interference on the security radios. Your name came through as the only intelligible thing in the interference."

Turning back to him, Levi notices a thoughtful look on Dr. Greenes reptilian face. She quickly tells for the lights to be turned back on and for some radio receiving equipment to be brought in. "Levi I think you got an interesting collection of powers from your graft. Let's see what we can do to work out exactly what's in that collection."
Last edited by Aerlock on Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:50 am, edited 6 times in total.
awww...I don't have a signature :(
But I do have character(s)!

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Spectrum » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:21 pm

Aerlock- nifty idea. I'm curious how he will interact with the rest of the group on a regular basis though?

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:23 pm

Obviously Radio Communication. Hmn, fun. Blue Beetle has Radio as part of his sensory suite.

Aerlock
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Aerlock » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:28 pm

kenmadragon wrote:Obviously Radio Communication. Hmn, fun. Blue Beetle has Radio as part of his sensory suite.

Yup. I figured he'd have a basic radio receiver with a speaker built into his costume or fastened to his hide so he could speak "normally".

- Aerlock
awww...I don't have a signature :(
But I do have character(s)!

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby XeroKhan » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:40 pm

Caesar Militus, the Martial Artist with Dalek DNA is completed. Any comments? (The Dalek-Human combo of Dalek Sec was the only idea for a pic I could think of for this.)

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Spectrum » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:46 pm

Lightning Bug - PL 11
Race: !#%^

Strength 0, Stamina 11, Agility 0, Dexterity 0, Fighting 0, Intellect 0, Awareness 0, Presence 0

Advantages
Attractive 2, Evasion 2, Improved Critical 4: Lightning Bolt: Damage 11, Improved Initiative 5, Luck 5, Move-by Action, Takedown 2, Uncanny Dodge

Skills
Acrobatics 10 (+10), Insight 4 (+4), Investigation 10 (+10), Perception 15 (+15), Persuasion 5 (+5), Technology 10 (+10)

Powers
Body of Lightning
. . Can't Touch Me: Insubstantial 3 (Energy; Subtle: subtle)
. . Child of the Storm: Regeneration 4 (Every 2.5 rounds; Limited: Immersion in Electricity)
. . Electrosense: Senses 4 (Danger Sense: Vision, Low-light Vision, Radio, Radius: Vision, Advantages: Uncanny Dodge)
. . Ride the Lightning: Flight 4 (Speed: 30 miles/hour, 500 feet/round; Precise)

Hands Fast as Lightning
. . Lightning Bolt: Damage 11 (DC 26, Advantages: Improved Critical 4; Accurate 6: +12 (+11), Increased Range: ranged, Precise)
. . Storm: Burst Area Damage 11 (DC 26; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, Selective)

Offense
Initiative +20
Grab, +0 (DC Spec 10)
Lightning Bolt: Damage 11, +11 (DC 26)
Storm: Burst Area Damage 11 (DC 26)
Throw, +0 (DC 15)
Unarmed, +0 (DC 15)

Complications
Accident: Gremlin: Technology tends go strange around her.

Addiction: While no longer needing to eat or drink, now has to consume electricity instead.

Motivation: Thrills

Power Loss: Has problems with getting grounded.

Short Fuse: Tends to jump ahead in the plan without proper preparation

Defense
Dodge 11, Parry 11, Fortitude 11, Toughness 11, Will 11

Power Points
Abilities 22 + Powers 66 + Advantages 17 + Skills 27 (54 ranks) + Defenses 33 = 165

Background: The humans make an understandable mistake when they consider the invading force a single monolith. This is not the first time that the Invaders have worked to capture a planet for the Harvest. Some planet's populations join the Invaders, others are stripped barren and devoid of life, but those are the lucky ones. The (a sound curiously like the sound of a modem connecting) are among the unlucky for they are useful. The !#%^ are living batteries, about to release large amounts of the same energy that the Invaders use to fuel their ships. The pacifistic !#%^ have, to their horror, been enslaved to be instruments in the continued violence of war.

The being known as Lightning Bulb is an anomaly among the !#%^ and is now shunned for it. When the ship that she powered crashed landed, she managed to escape from her containment chamber and survive- barely. Her treatment at the hands of her human captors almost ended that as well. It was only through the actions of Dr. (important researcher in the project) that she was saved and given a second chance. She has seized upon this second chance eagerly, devouring information at every chance and starting to become an individual. Even worse, in the eyes of the !#%^, she seeks to work against the Invaders at the side of her new human companions. No other race should have to suffer alone.
Last edited by Spectrum on Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:46 pm

Note, in the opening post I simplified (I hope!) the phase one powerset. Let me know if you have any issues. I wrote it out more explicitly, considering that some people seem to have gone with all the mods, some neglected parry/ dodge mods and the skill mods... Sorry if that makes yoy do more editing !

All right, I am starting to go through the builds in a little more detail. If I post something on one build and not another, it doesn't mean I'm not considering your character, just that I am not going in order of submissions...

I am also posting some of my thoughts on how I am incorporating your parent DNA into the Alliance. This is not an admission of inclusion or an indication if I have chosen your character. I'm saying that last bit because I know myself - some aliens will get more write up and it may seem like I am leaning towards a character. I am not there yet... ;)

Having said that:

Tinker
Enigmatic One

Alien DNA: Ork Mekboy
Alien Species Setting info: The Orks in the Alliance hail from Khundia, an Earthlike world with a higher gravitational pull. All representatives of the species are heavier and stronger. Khundians hail from the main province/ continent of the world. The world is also home to Okaarans and Orks.

:arrow: I don't see the need for that many ranks in writing, at least not in game play. Instead of three points on the skill, spend 1 on Benefit: Writer and have two more points to play with.
:arrow: Are the Force Field and Blaster Devices? I don't see an indication of Removable in either write up.
:arrow: A suggestion for any of the freed up points from the previous two observations would be Jack of all Trades and Beginner's Luck. He might also be a good candidate for the Luck advantage...
:arrow: Do you intend to use Intuitive Understanding to hit caps with your Blaster?

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:52 pm

Oh, and thank you to all for not suggesting Viltrumite. :P

As an aside, Spectrum, at a first glance I'd like to point out that Nillaman has also submitted an electricity controller. Your build is more classically an energy controller and both builds are going be given equal consideration.

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Spectrum » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:56 pm

Oh, sorry about stepping on toes.

I drifted through several ideas tonight without reviewing what other people had posted. She's actually based rather loosely on a speedster character I had in another game. Now, to figure out a background.

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:47 pm

Dr Greene
flynnarrel

Alien DNA Gorn
Alien Species Setting Info The Gorn are kin with the Transoshans and Badoon. The Gorn are virtually indistinguishable from the Transoshans and are likely named either for different provinces/ countries or the like. The Badoon are a slightly weaker but more agile race that often serve as foot soldiers to their larger and stronger cousins. Whether or not this is a caste scenario or not has not been discovered.

:arrow: Shouldn't the total stamina be 10? 2 from Phase 1, and 8 from Phase 2 (Gorn soldier)
:arrow: I believe you said you were going to drop the Well Informed. It's still on the sheet. ;)
:arrow: Improved Pin - do you mean Improved Hold?
:arrow: As it is likely that I will fiat from time to time that you have encountered something with the aliens that is beyond your current knowledge (i.e. you have yet to encounter them...) You might consider a complication based on that scenario.
:arrow: Consider a commlink to be free equipment, it gives you one more EP to use.
:arrow: You gave yourself all the bonuses and setbacks from my initial Phase One powers - see the OP for the modified version.
:arrow: Can you break down your calculations on Concealment for me? Doesn't have to be in the character sheet, I just want to see how you did it as the Infravision immunity is throwing me off.
:arrow: You seem to have forgotten to make the Wall Crawling itself Dynamic, or was this intentional?
:arrow: On your Spit Acid, I come to 33 points, perhaps because I count the unreliable flaw as a -1 flaw?
:arrow: What's the secondary effect on the Viper Toxin? Damage again the next round?
:arrow: since I modified the density, your Fort/ Will cap is broken.
:arrow: Finally, I come to a total of 166 points, not 165
:arrow: Solid Concept and character !

Shadow13
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Shadow13 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:13 pm

Updated background and the build on 1page now.

@Bladewind There is a link from the Ben 10 page on the alien I am using for this. With some slight mods I added in my notes.

In his background I going with the lone wolf and cunning teammate. I was going to add some more quirks like he wears his ID tags. There is a rival out there who has a Saber Tiger alien Splice and those 2 don't get along well. Cats n Dogs don't mix so to speak. Maybe the alien species are natural enemies?

His claws are unique that they didn't expect him to have claws like that, scientist are thinking its because the subject is a Hybrid? Plus they seem to negate rapid healing in other aliens.

I might change the dazzle out to something diferent. Probaly going to put a few ranks in inmproved critical when he uses the sonic charged claws so they crit on 17-20. What is your thought on ranks in penetrating?
[url=http://militarysignatures.com][img]http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member13977.png[/img][/url]

Nillaman
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Nillaman » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:14 pm

True, but mine's a little closer to the Electrocutioner, where as Spectrum is doing Livewire. :3
Roster: http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=47345

Zork is the best onomatopoeia in the world.

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:20 pm

I will likely plug through the next 3 builds tomorrow. More if I can manage it...

I am actually putting each build into Ski's character sheet (found on the boards if anyone is interested) so that I wind up with printable versions of your sheets. It's a little time consuming, but well worth it.

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EnigmaticOne » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:31 pm

Bladewind wrote:Note, in the opening post I simplified (I hope!) the phase one powerset. Let me know if you have any issues. I wrote it out more explicitly, considering that some people seem to have gone with all the mods, some neglected parry/ dodge mods and the skill mods... Sorry if that makes yoy do more editing !

All right, I am starting to go through the builds in a little more detail. If I post something on one build and not another, it doesn't mean I'm not considering your character, just that I am not going in order of submissions...

I am also posting some of my thoughts on how I am incorporating your parent DNA into the Alliance. This is not an admission of inclusion or an indication if I have chosen your character. I'm saying that last bit because I know myself - some aliens will get more write up and it may seem like I am leaning towards a character. I am not there yet... ;)

Having said that:

Tinker
Enigmatic One

Alien DNA: Ork Mekboy
Alien Species Setting info: The Orks in the Alliance hail from Khundia, an Earthlike world with a higher gravitational pull. All representatives of the species are heavier and stronger. Khundians hail from the main province/ continent of the world. The world is also home to Okaarans and Orks.

:arrow: I don't see the need for that many ranks in writing, at least not in game play. Instead of three points on the skill, spend 1 on Benefit: Writer and have two more points to play with.
:arrow: Are the Force Field and Blaster Devices? I don't see an indication of Removable in either write up.
:arrow: A suggestion for any of the freed up points from the previous two observations would be Jack of all Trades and Beginner's Luck. He might also be a good candidate for the Luck advantage...
:arrow: Do you intend to use Intuitive Understanding to hit caps with your Blaster?

:arrow: Done and done.
:arrow: Edited to specify Removable.
:arrow: Yeah, I had points freed up for those, Luck, Eidetic Memory and a couple Favored Foes.
:arrow: I already hit caps with Accurate. +10 Attack / Effect 12
Impeach the peach!

Return to “M&M Game Room”